Teenage Love?

By Meredith Munro SILVER, Spring Lake, New Jersey
Meredith Munro SILVER, Spring Lake, New Jersey

Do you believe in love in high school? Could it possibly exist?

No way, kids don't know what true love is... But, how many people do you know that dated in high school that are currently married and happy? I personally know about 4 couples very very well that are now happy after being high school sweethearts. Did they just like each other as teens and grow to love each other? When did the "like" change to "love?" In college? Age 21? 22?23? Or could they possibly have loved each other all along?

How can you put an age on love?

I, personally, believe in teenage love. I truly think it exists. Adults that did not fall in love till they were, in fact, adults, will most likely dismiss it. However, some - like my mother, for instance - do not dismiss teenage love. Do you?

on Dec. 5 2014 at 11:10 pm
Proudheart PLATINUM, Evansville, Wisconsin

"If you are going through Hell, keep going." -Winston Churchill

I think that teenaged love exists, it just is harder for people sometimes to identify if what they are feeling is, in fact, love. I love your take on this.

on Dec. 5 2014 at 10:17 am
Bekahbooo3 BRONZE, Chapman, Kansas
1 article 0 photos 1 comment

"I can do all things through the power of Christ who gives me strength. Phil: 4:13"

This article is very true and I agree with both sides. Some kids jump in too fast. All though you could be in love in high school. The right person could be just sooner than later.

DarkestMinds said...
on Dec. 1 2014 at 8:36 am
DarkestMinds, Bardstown, Kentucky

"Life is a series of disappointments broken only by dark spells of depression

cool thats great

on Nov. 4 2014 at 12:26 pm
Brian110 SILVER, Jonesport, Maine

if life gives you lemons..... squeeze them back in life's eyes!

That is true education before love, but love is one of the meanings in life and is a very important aspect in my life. yet it is a very important thing love should still not be rushed. ps. your dad is realy protective of you and I mean that in a realy good way please dont take offence. 

on Nov. 4 2014 at 12:21 pm
Brian110 SILVER, Jonesport, Maine

Teen age love is very real. I just submitet a peice about my love for another today befor reading this!  

on Sep. 24 2014 at 9:12 pm
Mango621 BRONZE, Frankfort, Michigan
1 article 0 photos 1 comment
I believe that not all teenage couples who say I love you arent really in love.  One person can love the other but you arent really compatible until you know each other for a longer period of time.  I believe teenagers should not get married because they think they are in love, in most cases it doesnt work. But love has no age

on Aug. 18 2014 at 1:17 am
JesusandHisLawyers SILVER, Austin, Texas

"who the fuck has a favorite personal quote what does that even mean" - me, just now.

I don't particularly care if teenagers want to be "in love" with each other or live together and what not, but teenagers or young people (like below the age of 25) should not be getting married, period. Young people are just not emotinally mature enough to make that kind of commitment. There are outliers for every trend, and the trend for teenage marriages is divorce.

MTC18 said...
on Jun. 30 2014 at 2:34 pm
Love hurts  

on Jun. 15 2014 at 11:03 pm
TheWritingArtist PLATINUM, Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
I believe you can someone but not necessarily be "in love" with them. I love a lot of people boys and girls because they are my best friends, so I love them that way. That doesn't mean I love them romantically. I may or may not and that could change over time too. But I do believe high school love is real it just might not lead to being IN love.

on May. 18 2014 at 3:25 pm
My Dad thinks it's stupid and doesn't want me to date and I agree. I should be focusing on improving myself and my education instead.

on Mar. 20 2014 at 11:21 pm
Pratishma BRONZE, Sacramento, California

"when you LOVE someone, let them GO, when they COME BACK, their yours, when they DON'T, they were NEVER yours.."

High school love, first of all now days love is based on looks, yet there are people who still fall in love, but going back to your topic. Yes love has no age, but it's felt in heart, and i believe in it. 

on Mar. 13 2014 at 4:23 pm
AllSoPlayfulWhenYouDemonize BRONZE, Richmond, Virginia

"Our passion is our strength."
-Billie Joe Armstrong

i beiliev in it.

on Feb. 28 2014 at 7:11 pm
pinkplants PLATINUM, Brandon, Mississippi

“Whatever you are physically...male or female, strong or weak, ill or healthy--all those things matter less than what your heart contains. If you have the soul of a warrior, you are a warrior. All those other things, they are the glass that contains the lamp, but you are the light inside.”
― Cassandra Clare, Clockwork Angel

I believe in it as well. Love is beautiful, and no one can pin a time on when someone falls in love. 

on Feb. 24 2014 at 7:31 pm
KingMothra GOLD, LaGrangeville, New York

"Ahoy!"
"Goodbye everyone. I'll remember you all in therapy!"
"True art...Is an explosion!"
"How sad the world would be...Should laughter disappear forever."

So true...now tell that to the 40 odd couples making out in my hallways!! XP

on Feb. 24 2014 at 11:35 am
chocolatepandas, Spur, Texas
wow.. that cute tho they haved loved each other for a long time then

on Feb. 24 2014 at 11:34 am
chocolatepandas, Spur, Texas
love is true maybe you havent found they right person to be in love yet

Hms1214 BRONZE said...
on Jan. 9 2014 at 12:33 pm
Hms1214 BRONZE, Cochranton, Pennsylvania
this is so inspiring thank you for letting me believe my aunt again

rose_dancer7 said...
on Jan. 8 2014 at 8:14 pm
Trying to make love sound like science is a joke. Obviously if you think love is lust some form of a hormone set off inside your body, then you have never experienced true love before. Love comes in all shapes and forms. Its different for everybody. For some people love is a mature and and an adult like relationship. For others love is silly and playfull. Other people experience pasion and insane feelings that no one but the two of them will ever understand. How can adults know what true love is if it is different for everyone. Really they just are afraid that they don't have a real deffinition for it, so they try to use science and other lame excuses to reasure themselves. They tell themselves true love doesnt exist for teens and sometimes anybody because it doesnt make logical sense to them. But thats what is so magical and endearing about love. There is no logic and knowledge behind it, people are just following their hearts and their souls blindly into unknown territory, and sometimes thats just to much for people to take. If you say love for teens can't exist because their brains havn't developed yet then what about this - maybe the undeveloped brain is the cause for being able to love so easily. Thay dont entirely care about what is logicaly correct, so they can alow themselves to ignore the fact and love someone. Thay can push aside the scientific "evidence" that love is just some hormone and embrace the fact that they have opened their heart to another living soul. Teens might not be as mature or developed as adults but that doesnt mean, in any way shape or form, that they cant love someone. Loving someone happens from the inside, but that doesnt mean from the brain. It means from the heart.

on Dec. 6 2013 at 6:37 am
What is love? Can anyone tell me? What do you mean when you say "I love you"? Is it a declaration of affection and admiration or is it a selfish demand to be loved in return? What if the person to whom you say those "three little words" says to you in return: "Why, thank you, that's very sweet of you" and leaves it at that ... with no reciprocal words of affection in exchange? Will you feel rejected and threaten to do something stupid in order to get the attention of the object of your adoration? What if you find the object of your adoration in the arms (or bed) of someone else? Will you throw a jealous fit and threaten to kill one - or both - of them? Is that what love is all about? How can you wish evil upon, or want to harm, the person(s) you profess to love? Is loving someone not wanting them to be the happiest they can be, even if it means that they find some of that happiness in being intimate with one or more other people? Is it not possible to love more than one person with the same intensity at the same time? Have you even thought about it? Is "love" owning , or being owned by, another person? Is it a form of voluntary slavery? Why must the opposite of "love" be "hate"? Can it not also be simply not caring, without any animosity involved? Please tell me. Thank you.  

on Dec. 6 2013 at 1:33 am
i think that love is not true

SciArc

MacMillan Books

Aspiring Writer? Take Our Online Course!