Teenage Love?

Do you believe in love in high school? Could it possibly exist?

No way, kids don't know what true love is... But, how many people do you know that dated in high school that are currently married and happy? I personally know about 4 couples very very well that are now happy after being high school sweethearts. Did they just like each other as teens and grow to love each other? When did the "like" change to "love?" In college? Age 21? 22?23? Or could they possibly have loved each other all along?

How can you put an age on love?

I, personally, believe in teenage love. I truly think it exists. Adults that did not fall in love till they were, in fact, adults, will most likely dismiss it. However, some - like my mother, for instance - do not dismiss teenage love. Do you?

write_to_express16 said...
I agree with your piece, although I don't think I have actually fell in love yet or came anywhere close to it. I think love is different for everyone and we will all have different perspectives on the subject, but I don't think you can place an age on love. 

esakeke said...
i agree with you beacuse that happned to me with my boyfrends i really didnt understand until i met my curent partner and father of my child. we really dont understand love until it finally hits us and it takes a bit of tries to figure it out

esakeke said...
I personally think there is no age in love i have been with my boyfriend since i was 15 and my boyfriend was 14 we were only two months differnce of age. At the age of 17 which was last years we had our first child. now we live together and love each other more and more since the day we met. we have been together for almost four years and we still love eachother. But i believe theres not age in love. love is love no matter how old you are.

ArkhamAvarice said...
Feb. 25, 2013 at 9:59 am
I believe in love at this age as well. I'm only 16 but have felt true love. I know what it feels like to put someone else's happiness and well-being before your own. :)

WriterHeadThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
i strongly believe teenage love exists. anybody can love, no matter what their age is.

LeAnn1996 said...
Feb. 13, 2013 at 8:47 am
I believe that love is when the other person's happiness is more important than your own. Over the years I've had a few relationships that ended because of that, because I didn't really know what love was until I learned that it's making that person happy and that person making you happy that counts as real mutual love.

Becca9203 said...
It's not that I don't believe that teenagers can fall in love, I'm just wary of the idea. Hormones affect everything when we're so young, and love isn't an emotion based off of hormones. True love is a choice, and an action, and it's so much more than what I think most teenagers understand. I'm not trying to claim that I understand it, but I definitely don't think that most teenagers know what love is. I'm not saying that there's not some that do, and that... (more »)

sweetangel4life replied...
Mar. 13, 2013 at 10:31 am
i agree. i think teens can feel true love. It's just a matter of whether them understanding their hormones and true feelings. i don't really have an understanding of love. everyoone has a different "definition" of it based off their scenerios. growing such a passionate attachment (love) is rare with hormones for teens and if there is mutual true love between two teens, then they are very lucky to experience it as others may not.

Guest replied...
Yes. Teens can feel true love, whatever that is. However, they cannot distinguish between the Greek types of love (there are many types, and some are affected by hormones while others are not.) as well as developed adults.

Hope16 said...
Thank you so much for writing this. it does truly speak to me. Im in high school and i belive in love , I have had my first love it was an amazing beautiful experience.

theatregirlThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
My opinion is that teenage love exist; however teenage reason doesn't. Teen imagine relationship are all about love, but they're also about logic. Mamy people have date somene they "loved" but not had long term relationships becuase they didn't truly, like the person. They attract to them but they could not handle the care and keeping of relationship, like communication,empathy, or cohessive goals.also, since teenager are still have evolving personality, a person that get a... (more »)

Paulski said...
Jan. 7, 2013 at 2:03 am
I don't dismiss it, but I am cautious of it. The way I see love is like this: 
It is when you see the person you're with and see all their faults and still think "Meh, I could do worse." It's not as glamorous as you may think. I mean, there was a girl...well, it turned out to be a total train wreck, but still, there were feelings there.

. said...
Jan. 1, 2013 at 11:31 am
There is love, and there is not-love. But not-love can't just be limited to teenagers; how many marriages have ended in divorce? Just because there is more not-love (for lack of a better word!) than love during the teenage years does not mean that teenagers can't experience any love.

cutiepie14316 said...
dude i am young but i belive in true luv i think ive only had about 9 relationships that were true but still:)

TalentedWriter18 said...
Dec. 18, 2012 at 11:13 am
i believe in teenage love. i have been with my girl for almost 2 years. i am a senior in highschool and she is a junior. we are happily in love and thats how it will stay. i am never leaving her. and she is never leaving me. were planning to get married after she graduates. 

maddylove said...
peronally, i do belive in teen love most adults say y date any1 u dont know what love is so dont date. i think so what if we dont know what love is you only live once we r just being teens

StayGold7 said...
Dec. 7, 2012 at 11:06 am
Personally I absolutely believe someone can fall in love as a teenager. It is true that a lot of people as teenagers are just influenced by hormones, in which they are not actually in love..   I am a teenager, and I have been dating my boyfriend for six months so far and every day that goes by, our relationship gets stronger and the weeks just fly by. Honestly I am in love with him. I have known him for two years, and he is my best friend. He is a year younger than me, but he is th... (more »)

HazeyGirl13 said...
Nov. 13, 2012 at 12:06 am
I think any love could exist, it just depends on the emotion of the couple, as well as their definition. Love has no single bound definition, so you can not judge if love is real or fake. I also liked how short and precise your article is.

the realist person said...
I agree with you 100%

Little Mizz Shorty said...
I believe that love does not
have an age. like yeah you might
not know or be for sure if you are
in love or not but who does?