Teenage Love? | Teen Ink

Teenage Love?

By Meredith Munro SILVER, Spring Lake, New Jersey
Meredith Munro SILVER, Spring Lake, New Jersey

Do you believe in love in high school? Could it possibly exist?

No way, kids don't know what true love is... But, how many people do you know that dated in high school that are currently married and happy? I personally know about 4 couples very very well that are now happy after being high school sweethearts. Did they just like each other as teens and grow to love each other? When did the "like" change to "love?" In college? Age 21? 22?23? Or could they possibly have loved each other all along?

How can you put an age on love?

I, personally, believe in teenage love. I truly think it exists. Adults that did not fall in love till they were, in fact, adults, will most likely dismiss it. However, some - like my mother, for instance - do not dismiss teenage love. Do you?

on Feb. 6 2015 at 8:08 am
Brian110 SILVER, Jonesport, Maine

if life gives you lemons..... squeeze them back in life's eyes!

I am replying to Keith A Taylor, Read my piece on love for an answer I believe in. Just click on my screen name and you can find it.

on Jan. 26 2015 at 10:09 am
dolphingirl67, Tea SD, South Dakota
I love romance novels.

on Jan. 26 2015 at 8:18 am
Brian110 SILVER, Jonesport, Maine

Wait uh... sorry. I didn't mean it like that, I didn't Know that it was personal. And I don't need to know.

on Jan. 17 2015 at 12:06 am
nelehjr DIAMOND, Lingle, Wyoming

Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass, it's about learning to dance in the rain.

It just needs to be more argumentative. WHY do you feel this way? What are some more things to support your reasoning?

jazzy49 said...
on Jan. 9 2015 at 12:04 pm
that was beautifully said!!! i feel i'm in love right now and reading the message and your entry i think and agree that love takes a lot of faith and time...

on Dec. 10 2014 at 11:11 am
Why do you need to know???????

on Dec. 9 2014 at 12:26 pm
Brian110 SILVER, Jonesport, Maine

ohh.... Why thank you. Do you love someone?

on Dec. 9 2014 at 12:23 pm
Brian110 SILVER, Jonesport, Maine

Hey readers I am not realy trying to "steal this peice's thunder" but if you beleive that teen love doesn't exist, you should read my peice "life is only so happy without love" I mean it, it will change your mind about it, trust me.

on Dec. 5 2014 at 11:10 pm
Proudheart PLATINUM, Evansville, Wisconsin

"If you are going through Hell, keep going." -Winston Churchill

I think that teenaged love exists, it just is harder for people sometimes to identify if what they are feeling is, in fact, love. I love your take on this.

on Dec. 5 2014 at 10:17 am
Bekahbooo3 BRONZE, Chapman, Kansas
1 article 0 photos 1 comment

"I can do all things through the power of Christ who gives me strength. Phil: 4:13"

This article is very true and I agree with both sides. Some kids jump in too fast. All though you could be in love in high school. The right person could be just sooner than later.

DarkestMinds said...
on Dec. 1 2014 at 8:36 am
DarkestMinds, Bardstown, Kentucky

"Life is a series of disappointments broken only by dark spells of depression

cool thats great

on Nov. 4 2014 at 12:26 pm
Brian110 SILVER, Jonesport, Maine

That is true education before love, but love is one of the meanings in life and is a very important aspect in my life. yet it is a very important thing love should still not be rushed. ps. your dad is realy protective of you and I mean that in a realy good way please dont take offence. 

on Nov. 4 2014 at 12:21 pm
Brian110 SILVER, Jonesport, Maine

Teen age love is very real. I just submitet a peice about my love for another today befor reading this!  

on Sep. 24 2014 at 9:12 pm
Mango621 BRONZE, Frankfort, Michigan
1 article 0 photos 1 comment
I believe that not all teenage couples who say I love you arent really in love.  One person can love the other but you arent really compatible until you know each other for a longer period of time.  I believe teenagers should not get married because they think they are in love, in most cases it doesnt work. But love has no age

on Aug. 18 2014 at 1:17 am
JesusandHisLawyers SILVER, Austin, Texas

"who the fuck has a favorite personal quote what does that even mean" - me, just now.

I don't particularly care if teenagers want to be "in love" with each other or live together and what not, but teenagers or young people (like below the age of 25) should not be getting married, period. Young people are just not emotinally mature enough to make that kind of commitment. There are outliers for every trend, and the trend for teenage marriages is divorce.

MTC18 said...
on Jun. 30 2014 at 2:34 pm
Love hurts  

on Jun. 15 2014 at 11:03 pm
TheWritingArtist PLATINUM, Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
I believe you can someone but not necessarily be "in love" with them. I love a lot of people boys and girls because they are my best friends, so I love them that way. That doesn't mean I love them romantically. I may or may not and that could change over time too. But I do believe high school love is real it just might not lead to being IN love.

on May. 18 2014 at 3:25 pm
My Dad thinks it's stupid and doesn't want me to date and I agree. I should be focusing on improving myself and my education instead.

on Mar. 20 2014 at 11:21 pm
Pratishma BRONZE, Sacramento, California

"when you LOVE someone, let them GO, when they COME BACK, their yours, when they DON'T, they were NEVER yours.."

High school love, first of all now days love is based on looks, yet there are people who still fall in love, but going back to your topic. Yes love has no age, but it's felt in heart, and i believe in it. 

on Mar. 13 2014 at 4:23 pm
AllSoPlayfulWhenYouDemonize BRONZE, Richmond, Virginia

"Our passion is our strength."
-Billie Joe Armstrong

i beiliev in it.