Teenage Love?

Do you believe in love in high school? Could it possibly exist?

No way, kids don't know what true love is... But, how many people do you know that dated in high school that are currently married and happy? I personally know about 4 couples very very well that are now happy after being high school sweethearts. Did they just like each other as teens and grow to love each other? When did the "like" change to "love?" In college? Age 21? 22?23? Or could they possibly have loved each other all along?

How can you put an age on love?

I, personally, believe in teenage love. I truly think it exists. Adults that did not fall in love till they were, in fact, adults, will most likely dismiss it. However, some - like my mother, for instance - do not dismiss teenage love. Do you?

Becca9203 said...
Feb. 9, 2013 at 9:19 pm:
It's not that I don't believe that teenagers can fall in love, I'm just wary of the idea. Hormones affect everything when we're so young, and love isn't an emotion based off of hormones. True love is a choice, and an action, and it's so much more than what I think most teenagers understand. I'm not trying to claim that I understand it, but I definitely don't think that most teenagers know what love is. I'm not saying that there's not some that do, and that... (more »)

Guest replied...
May 1, 2013 at 10:02 pm :
Yes. Teens can feel true love, whatever that is. However, they cannot distinguish between the Greek types of love (there are many types, and some are affected by hormones while others are not.) as well as developed adults.

Hope16This teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Thank you so much for writing this. it does truly speak to me. Im in high school and i belive in love , I have had my first love it was an amazing beautiful experience.

theatregirlThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
My opinion is that teenage love exist; however teenage reason doesn't. Teen imagine relationship are all about love, but they're also about logic. Mamy people have date somene they "loved" but not had long term relationships becuase they didn't truly, like the person. They attract to them but they could not handle the care and keeping of relationship, like communication,empathy, or cohessive goals.also, since teenager are still have evolving personality, a person that get a... (more »)

Paulski said...
Jan. 7, 2013 at 2:03 am:
I don't dismiss it, but I am cautious of it. The way I see love is like this: 
It is when you see the person you're with and see all their faults and still think "Meh, I could do worse." It's not as glamorous as you may think. I mean, there was a girl...well, it turned out to be a total train wreck, but still, there were feelings there.

. said...
Jan. 1, 2013 at 11:31 am:
There is love, and there is not-love. But not-love can't just be limited to teenagers; how many marriages have ended in divorce? Just because there is more not-love (for lack of a better word!) than love during the teenage years does not mean that teenagers can't experience any love.

cutiepie14316 said...
dude i am young but i belive in true luv i think ive only had about 9 relationships that were true but still:)

TalentedWriter18 said...
Dec. 18, 2012 at 11:13 am:
i believe in teenage love. i have been with my girl for almost 2 years. i am a senior in highschool and she is a junior. we are happily in love and thats how it will stay. i am never leaving her. and she is never leaving me. were planning to get married after she graduates. 

maddylove said...
peronally, i do belive in teen love most adults say y date any1 u dont know what love is so dont date. i think so what if we dont know what love is you only live once we r just being teens

StayGold7 said...
Dec. 7, 2012 at 11:06 am:
Personally I absolutely believe someone can fall in love as a teenager. It is true that a lot of people as teenagers are just influenced by hormones, in which they are not actually in love..   I am a teenager, and I have been dating my boyfriend for six months so far and every day that goes by, our relationship gets stronger and the weeks just fly by. Honestly I am in love with him. I have known him for two years, and he is my best friend. He is a year younger than me, but he is th... (more »)

HazeyGirl13 said...
Nov. 13, 2012 at 12:06 am:
I think any love could exist, it just depends on the emotion of the couple, as well as their definition. Love has no single bound definition, so you can not judge if love is real or fake. I also liked how short and precise your article is.

the realist person said...
I agree with you 100%

Little Mizz Shorty said...
I believe that love does not
have an age. like yeah you might
not know or be for sure if you are
in love or not but who does?

joanna said...
i totaly agree with this love is every were not just inhigh school though.

NyghtOnyxx said...
It depends on the two people to figure out whether or not they love each other at an early age... there is a difference between being in love and then being naieve (did i spell that right?) some people say they are in love and then 12 years later realize that they really werent...

HayNicole said...
What is the difference between real love and teen love? What makes teens incapable of having basic human emotions? When are we allowed to have these emotions? Is there some sort of chi blocked until we reach the golden age of adulthood until we can start feel ? I'm not sure why us teens can't be in true love. 

Angie replied...
Nov. 17, 2012 at 2:34 pm :
I don`t think they are incapable. Mst are just too immature to fully grasp the difference between love and infatuation.

Vike_Town_Syd said...
Sept. 11, 2012 at 8:12 am:
I feel like Anyone can be in love, at any age. Love doesn't discriminate againt anyone. Any color, age, or size can love someone or be in love with someone. My parents have been dating since their sophomore year in high school, And my bestfriend has been dating someone since her freshman year, now she's a freshman in college. I believe in teen age love, 100%.

DifferentTeen said...
I don't believe in love as a teenager. But there are certain execptions. The kind of teenage loe I don't believe in, is the kind where the couple had known each other for a month, dated for a week and already say 'I love you'. No. You don't. You don't know them. On the other hand, if you've known hat other person since you were like five (or just really young), and you've gorwn up with them, it's different. In that situation, you would know them better. I... (more »)

DifferentTeen replied...
Sept. 8, 2012 at 8:20 pm :
Haha, so I just read that over again, sorry for all the grammatical errors. Sometimes I type my opinion so fiercely I forget to read back over and check. ;p

Lostgirl024 said...
Jul. 9, 2012 at 3:01 pm:
I believe in teenage love. My parents don't allow me to see my boyfreind but when we were together i always knew it was forever. I love him. Im 17 and he is 18. We are teenage lovers proving that teenage love can last even with 150 miles between lovers.