Teenage Love? | Teen Ink

Teenage Love?

By Meredith Munro SILVER, Spring Lake, New Jersey
Meredith Munro SILVER, Spring Lake, New Jersey

Do you believe in love in high school? Could it possibly exist?

No way, kids don't know what true love is... But, how many people do you know that dated in high school that are currently married and happy? I personally know about 4 couples very very well that are now happy after being high school sweethearts. Did they just like each other as teens and grow to love each other? When did the "like" change to "love?" In college? Age 21? 22?23? Or could they possibly have loved each other all along?

How can you put an age on love?

I, personally, believe in teenage love. I truly think it exists. Adults that did not fall in love till they were, in fact, adults, will most likely dismiss it. However, some - like my mother, for instance - do not dismiss teenage love. Do you?

on Nov. 2 2015 at 8:42 am
ScarletCity PLATINUM, High Ridge, Missouri

Anything that can be done, can be undone. ~Scarlet City
http://eepurl.com/dcyZMn

Love can exist but not all dating high school couples are in Love. Love and Like are not the same. @BabySnickers15

on Oct. 28 2015 at 11:52 am
BabySnickers15 SILVER, Columbus, Ohio

"I can accept failure, but I can't accept not trying" ~Michael Jordan~
"The future belongs to those who believe in the beauty of their dreams" ~Franklin Delano Roosevelt~

Yes love can exist in High School but it is NOT technically love more as "Playground Romance" @starcatcher1 @ScarletCity

http://eepurl.com/dcyZMn

CAN, but not always. I think getting myself into a two week relationship is just plain stupid. It will probably end painfully, so why get involved so young?

starcatcher1 said...
starcatcher1, Springfield, Missouri
I think love can exist in high school, but a lot of the time it isn't actual "love". Two people may like each other and be attracted to each other, but it isn't the same as being in love. Maybe I am not qualified to be writing this. I myself am 14. I've never dated anyone, much less been in love.

on Oct. 16 2015 at 7:34 am
charisma25 BRONZE, Houston, Texas

softball is life

I can relate to that I thought I knew all about relationship in high school but all I did was get hurt and called ungly and I had one bf that wanted to do bad thing to me and I didn't like It, so I kno where u coming from

Revosok said...
Revosok, Bvnbv, Connecticut
It depends, if you have known the person for several years and developed whatever relationship you have, then maybe that may be true love. But if you change your girlfriend/boyfriend like you change clothes, then that is not "true love".

on May. 24 2015 at 12:31 am
Jhaymie Felicia, Valenzuela, Other
i admire those couples who's open to each other even though they have different perspectives in life. In fact, it depends on how they will face and handle those challenges. age doesn't matter right? but if you trust each other you'll see true love.

AshleySD BRONZE, Campbell, California
1 article 1 photo 90 comments
I trust your judgment and you seem smart enough to stay out of trouble. Good luck and I hope it works out.

on May. 19 2015 at 8:38 am
ABPippins SILVER, League City, Texas

To die may be an awfully big adventure, but to love is an even grander affair -myself

I have no desire to date anyone close to my age. I don't want to deal with the immaturity and uncertainty of a future. He knows what he wants to do and is working towards that and is more than willing to support me in my work. You don't have to worry about offending me because this is all opinion based and I don't feel it's right to try and change the way somebody perceives a certain thing. In response to the age difference, my mom and dad had a very similar, slightly less, age difference (Mom was 17 and Dad was 22 when they met.) I don't find that physical is the most important aspect in a relationship, though. Yes it is important to have, but having an emotional connection with the person and knowing their way of thinking is more important in my opinion. He and I know exactly what the other is thinking when we discuss things or even in casual conversation. That being said, I've had the physical closeness before and I found it too easy to get into trouble because I had rushed into the relationship. It ended terribly and I regret a lot of what I did when I was in that situation.

AshleySD BRONZE, Campbell, California
1 article 1 photo 90 comments
I am in love. I'm thirteen. I love my best friend. We have known each other since we were infants, so we've had plenty of time to get to know each other haha. So keep that in mind if you think that people can't fall in love early.

AshleySD BRONZE, Campbell, California
1 article 1 photo 90 comments
Good to know, please explain why if you want anyone to agree with you.

AshleySD BRONZE, Campbell, California
1 article 1 photo 90 comments
While I think it's great that you have found a relationship that works, I would recommend breaking up. I don't mean to offend you by this and if I did I am sorry. I probably don't know the whole story. But you two have a fairly large age difference and live in different states, and there are plenty of people your age living in your state that would treat you well and be a good boyfriend. And since some kind of physical contact is important in any relationship, I would recommend finding someone closer to your age and your home.

TheWritingArtist PLATINUM, Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
Thank you?

SINDORA said...
on Apr. 25 2015 at 8:25 am
SINDORA, Austrilia, Arizona

I love MY FRIENDS AND ALSO YOU HI SEND ME MESSAGE

OH YOU ARE WRIGT OK YOU ARE INTELLIGENT

SINDORA said...
on Apr. 25 2015 at 8:22 am
SINDORA, Austrilia, Arizona

OH MY COMMENTS IS TO LEARN EDUCATION AND YOU?

SINDORA said...
on Apr. 25 2015 at 8:20 am
SINDORA, Austrilia, Arizona

idon't have

SINDORA said...
on Apr. 25 2015 at 8:19 am
SINDORA, Austrilia, Arizona

ok you are good

on Apr. 17 2015 at 11:48 am
LittleRedDeliriousPrince SILVER, Parma Heights, Ohio
I believe in teenage love, and I think that love during the teenage years is the most beautiful love of all, because at this point we aren't as bothered by the many responsibilities that adults have. Our minds haven't been as changed or shaped by reason or by what people tell us, because as teenagers, we sometimes try to do the opposite of what our parents want just for the sake of doing it, so we won't listen. That's why I think teenage love is the best love that you could ever experience. You'll never feel so intensely again (probably). Or as free and limitless.

ABPippins SILVER, League City, Texas

Age may just be a number to some, and you can't put a number on love. For example, my boyfriend is 23 and I am 17. My parents are okay with our relationship because we have no physical contact as he in Maryland and I in Texas. I graduate high school in June. To say teenagers have no concept of what real love is is to limit a teenager's possibilities. Excellently written and I couldn't agree more.

on Apr. 2 2015 at 3:40 am
Lysander PLATINUM, Bangalore, Other

I slay.

I don't n I agree with u........