Teenage Love?

Do you believe in love in high school? Could it possibly exist?

No way, kids don't know what true love is... But, how many people do you know that dated in high school that are currently married and happy? I personally know about 4 couples very very well that are now happy after being high school sweethearts. Did they just like each other as teens and grow to love each other? When did the "like" change to "love?" In college? Age 21? 22?23? Or could they possibly have loved each other all along?

How can you put an age on love?

I, personally, believe in teenage love. I truly think it exists. Adults that did not fall in love till they were, in fact, adults, will most likely dismiss it. However, some - like my mother, for instance - do not dismiss teenage love. Do you?

stellamaareThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Aug. 19, 2013 at 10:22 am:
I believe in teenager's love. Now i fall in  love.

Guest said...
May 1, 2013 at 9:59 pm:
1. GRAMMAR 2. Physiologically speaking, human brains are not fully developed unti l roughly 21. Also, teenagers are more susceptible to certain hormones, so they do not know as much about love as more mature adults.

15silleman said...
personally i think boys are drama  but i do not have 1

LiraDaeris said...
Apr. 6, 2013 at 11:44 am:
What is love? I see what you believe, and I respect your thoughts. But why do you believe it?

TheEleventhHourThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Apr. 2, 2013 at 11:28 am:
I totally agree- you can fall in love in high school. People, espicially adults, act like there is some sort of meter on love- like you can't feel this certain emotion until you are past 18. But love is an emotion, and it can come at you any time. And when it does, it is wonderful. So yes, I totes agree.

Jaggerswagger said...
Mar. 31, 2013 at 4:24 pm:
Teenager know as much about true love as adults do. That is, nothing at all. No physiological development exists between 14 and 27. The only factor is knowledge that can be acquired at any age.

HAILO said...
Mar. 28, 2013 at 9:27 am:
when i feel in love with this guy named Owen for 2 years we had athing for 7 months... nothing happened between us we never dated and he ended things on my birthday... love hurts!  

write_to_express16 said...
Mar. 25, 2013 at 1:41 pm:
I agree with your piece, although I don't think I have actually fell in love yet or came anywhere close to it. I think love is different for everyone and we will all have different perspectives on the subject, but I don't think you can place an age on love. 

esakeke said...
Mar. 5, 2013 at 2:13 pm:
i agree with you beacuse that happned to me with my boyfrends i really didnt understand until i met my curent partner and father of my child. we really dont understand love until it finally hits us and it takes a bit of tries to figure it out

esakeke said...
Mar. 5, 2013 at 2:10 pm:
I personally think there is no age in love i have been with my boyfriend since i was 15 and my boyfriend was 14 we were only two months differnce of age. At the age of 17 which was last years we had our first child. now we live together and love each other more and more since the day we met. we have been together for almost four years and we still love eachother. But i believe theres not age in love. love is love no matter how old you are.

ArkhamAvarice said...
Feb. 25, 2013 at 9:59 am:
I believe in love at this age as well. I'm only 16 but have felt true love. I know what it feels like to put someone else's happiness and well-being before your own. :)

WriterHeadThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Feb. 24, 2013 at 9:09 pm:
i strongly believe teenage love exists. anybody can love, no matter what their age is.

LeAnn1996 said...
Feb. 13, 2013 at 8:47 am:
I believe that love is when the other person's happiness is more important than your own. Over the years I've had a few relationships that ended because of that, because I didn't really know what love was until I learned that it's making that person happy and that person making you happy that counts as real mutual love.

Becca9203 said...
Feb. 9, 2013 at 9:19 pm:
It's not that I don't believe that teenagers can fall in love, I'm just wary of the idea. Hormones affect everything when we're so young, and love isn't an emotion based off of hormones. True love is a choice, and an action, and it's so much more than what I think most teenagers understand. I'm not trying to claim that I understand it, but I definitely don't think that most teenagers know what love is. I'm not saying that there's not some that do, and that... (more »)

sweetangel4life replied...
Mar. 13, 2013 at 10:31 am :
i agree. i think teens can feel true love. It's just a matter of whether them understanding their hormones and true feelings. i don't really have an understanding of love. everyoone has a different "definition" of it based off their scenerios. growing such a passionate attachment (love) is rare with hormones for teens and if there is mutual true love between two teens, then they are very lucky to experience it as others may not.

Guest replied...
May 1, 2013 at 10:02 pm :
Yes. Teens can feel true love, whatever that is. However, they cannot distinguish between the Greek types of love (there are many types, and some are affected by hormones while others are not.) as well as developed adults.

Hope16 said...
Thank you so much for writing this. it does truly speak to me. Im in high school and i belive in love , I have had my first love it was an amazing beautiful experience.

theatregirlThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
My opinion is that teenage love exist; however teenage reason doesn't. Teen imagine relationship are all about love, but they're also about logic. Mamy people have date somene they "loved" but not had long term relationships becuase they didn't truly, like the person. They attract to them but they could not handle the care and keeping of relationship, like communication,empathy, or cohessive goals.also, since teenager are still have evolving personality, a person that get a... (more »)

Paulski said...
Jan. 7, 2013 at 2:03 am:
I don't dismiss it, but I am cautious of it. The way I see love is like this: 
It is when you see the person you're with and see all their faults and still think "Meh, I could do worse." It's not as glamorous as you may think. I mean, there was a girl...well, it turned out to be a total train wreck, but still, there were feelings there.

. said...
Jan. 1, 2013 at 11:31 am:
There is love, and there is not-love. But not-love can't just be limited to teenagers; how many marriages have ended in divorce? Just because there is more not-love (for lack of a better word!) than love during the teenage years does not mean that teenagers can't experience any love.