Teenage Love?

Do you believe in love in high school? Could it possibly exist?

No way, kids don't know what true love is... But, how many people do you know that dated in high school that are currently married and happy? I personally know about 4 couples very very well that are now happy after being high school sweethearts. Did they just like each other as teens and grow to love each other? When did the "like" change to "love?" In college? Age 21? 22?23? Or could they possibly have loved each other all along?

How can you put an age on love?

I, personally, believe in teenage love. I truly think it exists. Adults that did not fall in love till they were, in fact, adults, will most likely dismiss it. However, some - like my mother, for instance - do not dismiss teenage love. Do you?

Brian110 said...
Nov. 4 at 12:21 pm:
Teen age love is very real. I just submitet a peice about my love for another today befor reading this!  

Mango621 said...
Sep. 24 at 9:12 pm:
I believe that not all teenage couples who say I love you arent really in love.  One person can love the other but you arent really compatible until you know each other for a longer period of time.  I believe teenagers should not get married because they think they are in love, in most cases it doesnt work. But love has no age

JesusandHisLawyersThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Aug. 18 at 1:17 am:
I don't particularly care if teenagers want to be "in love" with each other or live together and what not, but teenagers or young people (like below the age of 25) should not be getting married, period. Young people are just not emotinally mature enough to make that kind of commitment. There are outliers for every trend, and the trend for teenage marriages is divorce.

MTC18 said...
Jun. 30 at 2:34 pm:
Love hurts  

TheWritingArtist said...
Jun. 15 at 11:03 pm:
I believe you can someone but not necessarily be "in love" with them. I love a lot of people boys and girls because they are my best friends, so I love them that way. That doesn't mean I love them romantically. I may or may not and that could change over time too. But I do believe high school love is real it just might not lead to being IN love.

sunnysidedown said...
May 18 at 3:25 pm:
My Dad thinks it's stupid and doesn't want me to date and I agree. I should be focusing on improving myself and my education instead.

Brian110 replied...
Nov. 4 at 12:26 pm :
That is true education before love, but love is one of the meanings in life and is a very important aspect in my life. yet it is a very important thing love should still not be rushed. ps. your dad is realy protective of you and I mean that in a realy good way please dont take offence. 

SweetAngelThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Mar. 20 at 11:21 pm:
High school love, first of all now days love is based on looks, yet there are people who still fall in love, but going back to your topic. Yes love has no age, but it's felt in heart, and i believe in it. 

Hannah W. This teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Mar. 13 at 4:23 pm:
i beiliev in it.

alecia.izzyThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Feb. 28 at 7:11 pm:
I believe in it as well. Love is beautiful, and no one can pin a time on when someone falls in love. 

KingMothra said...
Feb. 24 at 7:31 pm:
So true...now tell that to the 40 odd couples making out in my hallways!! XP

Hmsath1214This teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Jan. 9 at 12:33 pm:
this is so inspiring thank you for letting me believe my aunt again

Keith A Taylor said...
Dec. 6, 2013 at 6:37 am:
What is love? Can anyone tell me? What do you mean when you say "I love you"? Is it a declaration of affection and admiration or is it a selfish demand to be loved in return? What if the person to whom you say those "three little words" says to you in return: "Why, thank you, that's very sweet of you" and leaves it at that ... with no reciprocal words of affection in exchange? Will you feel rejected and threaten to do something stupid in order to get the atten... (more »)

rose_dancer7 replied...
Jan. 8 at 8:14 pm :
Trying to make love sound like science is a joke. Obviously if you think love is lust some form of a hormone set off inside your body, then you have never experienced true love before. Love comes in all shapes and forms. Its different for everybody. For some people love is a mature and and an adult like relationship. For others love is silly and playfull. Other people experience pasion and insane feelings that no one but the two of them will ever understand. How can adults know what tr... (more »)

Black scorpion said...
Dec. 6, 2013 at 1:33 am:
i think that love is not true

chocolatepandas replied...
Feb. 24 at 11:34 am :
love is true maybe you havent found they right person to be in love yet

darian love said...
i really have a high school sweetheart who i loves with all  my heart and i would not leave him for anything in the world  because he is all i have in my life and he  treats me like a little 18 year old  girl needs to b treated  and i cant wait til i graduatae cause that who i  plan on spending my life with.

Li-Li Love said...
I do think that there could be teenage love. It could just develop and become more serious as you get older and become an adult. 

Cameo said...
Oct. 21, 2013 at 9:48 am:
I enjoy the choice of topic, with the abundance of opinions on the matter.
Personally, I do believe it exists. Love, as an emotion, does exist and is the same thing no matter old are. People say that teenagers are easily attracted to each other as they are more susceptible to such emotions, and while it may possibly be true, I believe that it's more on the environment.
I also do believe that falling in love is a choice.

bullyingThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
that was so not true my mom fell in llove with my dad in 6th grade