Animal Testing Is Cruel | Teen Ink

Animal Testing Is Cruel

Animal Testing Is Cruel

For decades, scientists have used live animals for research on different medications, soaps and other chemical products. Use of these concoctions on these innocent creatures causes them harm, and sometimes even kills them. This needs to stop. Animal testing causes unnecessary harm, there are other, less-cruel ways to experiment and animals have the right not to be harmed.

Many living, once-healthy animals die from experiments each year. Approximately 115,000,000 animals are killed each year in testing. If those animals were humans, the entire United States population would be wiped out in less than three years. That’s a lot of deaths. If it were me, I would only test on dead animals killed by natural causes. Those people spend years in college and decide to pay off their student loans by killing animals for a fragrance line. What a waste!

Animal testing is cruel. So cruel that it reminds me of when Nazi scientists tortured Jewish people for entertainment. It’s the same thing in my eyes. After the scientists are done with the cute little bunnies, they just kill them (which is probably for the best.) It’s really not that great. I wouldn’t be surprised if the little squeaks bunnies made were “Humans are evil!”

Finally, animals have a right not to be used for painful experimentation. After all, this is their planet too. We’ve already done them enough harm as well. Humans have destroyed habitats through deforestation, polluted the airs and dumped poison into the rivers. Animals need a break, and I think humans owe them one.