I'm Just Like You

Why do people say "my kind or "my people"? I always thought that when I got older I would understand what they meant . But as I get older and older each day I have come to realize nothing has changed. That's why I've made it my mission to make people believe that were not different. I mean we all have emotions, we all bleed and we all fight for what we think is right. I mean I'm 14 , and I've been through so much judgment.I find it a shame. Everyone tells me constantly that it's because how my people show themselves. Well have you ever sat back and think that everyone was raised different. I'm raised the southern ways, so I'm not very found of disrespect. Why judge me because other people don't have any home training. I'm sorry but my family or as others put it " my people" didn't fight and get arrested for nothing. They protested and stroked for us to be treated equal. I don't understand why everyone has to have a different name besides the one that there mother and father gave to them. We were all born the same way. It's a shame. I stand up for what I believe in but I can't do it alone. But everyone is to scared to stand up and speak there mind. Well guess what , I'm not and I will stand I up. We have a freedom of speech and I'm not going to bite my tongue for no one.

WishesComeTrue said...
May 21, 2013 at 12:24 am
i understand.. I just wish people wouldn't judge me before they even know me. I'm diffrent from the rest but people don't give me the chance to show them who I am. Instead they judge me and make me insecure about wheather I should show my true colors or hide them....

Misty475 said...
I guess it's just the type of people, for example, culture, race or whatever... I'm not too sure either...