We Different For A Reason | Teen Ink

We Different For A Reason

By Goregeous BRONZE, Clarksville, Tennessee
Goregeous BRONZE, Clarksville, Tennessee

my life isn't a book your writing don't tell me how to live it. I'm not a character or yours don't try to change me.

We're all different for a reason. Don't make fun of him because he wears this or that. He's just showing his own kind of style. He's a leader not a follower. Don't label her because she has cause self-harm. Think of what you can do to help her.
Because the more you push her saying "Go kill yourself" the more suicidal thoughts are rushing through her mind. The more you put people down to make yourself bigger the more and more people are gonna call you uncool because you put somebody else down. Plus when you put them down for their flaws just means you don't wanna admit your own flaws. You want to be the "Perfect" person. But no one is perfect. No matter how hard you try you'll never be perfect. You might set goals the fix some of your flaws. But never put somebody else down just because they show their true personality because they vow to be different. Because if we we're all the same what would we be? Boring, lazy, Hyper, over achieving, A+ students. We'd be nothing. Because if we we're all the same, we'd have nothing to do. But just because people are different doesn't jump out and say "HEY I'M DIFFERENT COME AND LOWER MY SELF ESTEEM!" Nobody needs a low self esteem. It's not easy to raise a low self esteem. Because that person has gotten so use to the negative thoughts and comments they have no room for the positive ones to come in. They have no place for them. While the person doing this is just thinking "I hope more people follow me after this." Or "Look at how easy she cries." Then goes on about how they're so emotional because they can cry, because they weren't afraid to show emotions. But just because he or she is different doesn't mean they're not people. We are all different for a reason.

I have been put down, stepped on (Not literally), Labeled, and all this just so somebody can feel superior.

perl-whirly said...
on Aug. 13 2010 at 9:48 am
This article hits home.Dehumanizing youngsters is not confined to one country or one race..its everywhere.Young people have to believe in themselves and dont give into peer pressure.Great article