Why America Should Help Israel

I think that the U.S. should give help and support to Israel, because Israel is suffering from terrorism. Israel doesn’t have a lot of money, space, or power to control terrorist territories that are much bigger, more powerful, and extremely aggressive.

The U.S needs to help other countries. The main reason for this is that America is a rich and powerful country. Also, since America is fighting terrorism itself, it would be much more comfortable for the United States to help Israel at same time.

Some people believe that Israel is not being fair to its surrounding countries, I disagree completely. Israel recently gave Gaza to one of the Arab countries bur it is now using it to attack Israel. Although Israel started the war, Gaza is being controlled by terrorists. I think that it’s the right thing to start an anti-terrorism (to protect southern Israel) operation particularly [in this case] Hamas.
Read more in Opinions

Can you imagine everyday people are worrying that a rocket will fall on their roofs? People go around in worry; afraid of an attack. Nothing can be done without a worry. (An attack warning is no surprise.) The United Nations is around the globe, and if this was the top priority in their meetings, Israel would regain control of itself (especially because America is one of the most important countries in the United Nations). Therefore I think that the American government should help Israel.

Clinton_C. said...
today at 11:27 am
First of all America is NOT rich we are immensly in debt and we cannot help whoever asks for it and definitly NOT israel. My reason for this is that weve actually helped them before but they just came right up behind us and backstabbed us after we gave them weaponry to fight the terrorists. They litterally just sat there and gave up after we helped them even though they could have liberated Israel once and for all (Hopefully).

Clinton_C. replied...
today at 11:29 am
Oh and the proper term for a "Rocket" is either an artillary shell or a ballistic missile.

tenroub said...
Jan. 19 at 10:20 pm
not to be too bold, but i think the member of this conversation are under the impression that palestine existed as a rightful and independent state. well, it didn't. palestine existed for less than 26 years, never more than a british colony. (they took it from the ottomans in 1922). the british had every right to give it away, just as america can give away Guam or Puerto Rico, and when they granted it independence, it immediately gained the rights of a country. for instance, if you try and kil... (more »)

Hana R. This teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. replied...
Apr. 3 at 1:24 am
Defining Palestine as an independent country is not the issue. The issue is that Britain gave away land that was not its own, land that had people living on it for centuries. You give the examples of Guam and Puerto Rico, colonies that were given independence, allowed to self-govern. Palestine was put under oppressive occupation by foreigners. You say "The British had every right to give it away." What? So the Palestinians were owned by the British? How is it right for Britain to give a colony l... (more »)

helloworld500 said...
You choose to ignore the fact that most of the deaths are Palestinian deaths. And that Palestinians homes were bulldozed by Israelis. And that Israel evidently needs no support in starving Palestine or keeping the upper hand in the fight. And that Britain had no right to give Israel Palestine anyway. AND that Palestinians were happy to live alongside Jews after WW2, but that wasn't an invitation to take over their land! What gives the Israelis the right to that land? They certainly didn'... (more »)

DjakobUnchainedThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
I disagree sir. Israel is in no danger from Hamas terrorists thanks to it's infinately more powerful military and it's sophisticated defense technology including the Iron Dome which renders Hamas' rockets useless. Israel has the right to protect itself and the right to exist, but it does not have the right to murder defensless civilians and bomb UN schools. Israel has been forced to become a hard and militaristic country because of the  dangers and threats it faced when it was a... (more »)

joecool101This teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. replied...
Oct. 10, 2014 at 11:59 am
6 Israeli civilians, including a 4-year-old child, were killed by Hamas rockets from Gaza.

DjakobUnchainedThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. replied...
Jan. 5 at 11:24 am
So 2,100 - 6 is an even fight? Have you seen how many kids have died in Palestine?

Apr. 8 at 1:10 am
Amen to that Djakob

LogicandRain said...
You do know that Palestine are having their land taken away from them by Israel. The Palestinians were chucked out of their land and forced into the corners. Israel punishes the innocent men women and, sickeningly and most especially, the children of Gaze and the West bank. The Palestinians have their resources controlled by Israel, their movements, their politics, everything. Israel won't stop until Palestine is under their control and the terrorists won't stop until their regime is imp... (more »)

MTC18 said...
Israel does deserve to exist they had their land taken from them along time ago and got it back so why dont they desrve to exist again im curious on your point of view.

Apr. 3 at 1:40 am
Your argument for Israel's right to exist is like saying that, well the Roman Empire stretched across Europe and Asia at one point in History, we should give the Italians their empire back. I think you are referring to the reign of the Prophet Kings, David and Solomon. Well those kingdoms took that land from the previous people, the Canaanites, so shouldn't the Canaanites get their land back? The Canaanites were there before Israel ever was.

Apr. 8 at 12:00 am
Show me a Canaanite

Apr. 8 at 1:03 am
Canaanites are current day Palestinians, Lebanese, Syrians and Jordanians. But no that's the point I'm making. You can't give land to Israel just because it was taken long ago. That's not a good enough reason. It's a stupid reason.

Deeeeeeee said...
I do believe American should help Israel. It'd be very noble of America, i feel that if America doesn't stand with Israel, but worse reject Israel, I don't think America would stand for long. Honestly.

You're joking right? America needs Israel? Really?

helloworld500 replied...
More like Israel needs America! Palestine is suffering because of America's support for Israel. Palestine almost became a state a few times, but America used it's veto power in the U.N. to stop that. Seriously, the most powerful country in the world needing Israel. Get real.

the Palestinians rejected a statehood offer in 1947. The U.S. has vetoed recent Palestine statehood proposals because such a proposal needs to be agreed upon mutually by both Israel and the Palestinians. The U.S. does need Israel because Israel provides a very strategic base for the U.S. in the Middle East (bring the only country that fully cooperates militarily was America).

aharon_b replied...
Jan. 3 at 1:44 pm
israel is the only real democracy of which the use are allies with. yes, the use might need israel as much israel needs it. a bit absurd.

GrimReaper said...
Apr. 10, 2014 at 9:54 am
Your line in the last paragraph "Can you imagine everyday people are worrying tha a rocket will fall on their roofs?" sparked criticism amoung me and my friends. The first thing we said was "This is not the only place in the world where this is happening". You want proof? Look up a country called Afghanistan, Pakistan or Somalia. The US may have forces in one of these countries, but the people there are also living in fear of death everyday, and by their own people as well. I... (more »)