Islam and Modern Peace

“Peace is a state of security or order within a community provided for by law or custom,” defined by Merriam Webster’s dictionary.

“Terrorism is the systematic use of terror especially as a means of coercion,” also defined by Merriam Webster’s dictionary.

Can these two words be used at the same time in an English sentence?  If yes, then English has changed in recent history.  Today when Islam is brought into a discussion, immediately terrorism or as many like to say      “ji – had” comes to our thoughts.   But if looked into as a religion, Islam claims to be peaceful and a non – violent religion.  Then how can such two greatly opposing thoughts seem to fit together?   Some say Islam is peaceful, while others might view it violent. 

The answer cannot be found in the religion itself, but the followers of the religion.  The teachings of the religion just might not be the same as the teaching of the follower.  You see, we as humans have a tendency of being reckless in the way we teach.  We make the mistake and put the blame elsewhere.  In this case Islam is being blamed to teach terrorism and violence to its followers, when the followers have made the mistake by not referring back to the religion that teaches peace. 

Now let’s shorten the margins and come down to the followers themselves.   When one human makes a blunder, it does not necessarily mean that all the humans of his kind are wrongdoers and it is guaranteed that they will also make the same exact mistake.  If this was true then every German would be another Adolf Hitler, or every American would be another Timothy McVeigh.

Who stops this logical flow from entering into our minds?  Why of course our very own “Media”.  With at least one TV set in every single American household it is almost impossible to resist from watching major newscast channels such as CNN, FOX, etc.  This media comes in many forms including: TV, newspaper, and radio.  If one has the urge to argue about the fact that these channels are not biased, then they are definetely not  watching the same channels most of us are watching.  

“Bias means a personal and sometimes unreasoned judgment” defined by Merriam Webster’s dictionary.

Wouldn’t only showing the side of the American story be bias?  Showing the story of both parties would be considered fair.  And showing the devastated protestors side of the story would only show the wild side of Muslims (followers of Islam), just like it would be if Americans started to protest over a corrupted democracy.  A fair News Channel would have both side of the stories and interviews gathered from well respected leader of each side.  By not doing this modern media is filling hatred to the public for one side of the party and support for other. 

What is the cause of these extremists becoming so violent?  Simple Answer.  They will keep doing this the same way America is being so violent to the people in their country.  So the question is not why the extremists are being so violent, the question is why America is being so violent. And saying this is not blaming the public because most of us are as innocent as the children in the Muslim countries were before they had been killed.  The blame is to go to our political leaders.  Were Muslims not promised the same freedom in America as were the Christians and Jews?  Did our current President of the United States of America not promise to withdraw the troops in the Middle East and end this violence once and for all?  Then why is the violence still going on in these countries? 

The answer is very simple my fellow citizens of the United States of America.  Greed.  Greed of oil.  Greed of minerals.  Greed of wealth.  Every country has something valuable that other countries do not have very much of.  This is why there is something known as an economy.  Every country has its good times and bad times.  Middle Eastern countries are known for their large supply of oil, and minerals.  This is why it is very hard and tempting for America to leave these countries.  After saying all this I would like to repeat that not all blame is to go to Americans.  Even the Muslims Leaders in these countries are corrupt.  This leads us to the fact that while the leaders of these countries live in peace and comfort within their four walls, the population of that country has to pay.  Although not in the form of money, but this payment is paid with blood.  This is the reason that some of the Muslims have left their riches and comfort of life to help out these Muslims crying for help. 

Unfortunately some of these Muslims crossed the limit and started using violence to help end violence.  And who gets the blame? ISLAM.   We see that now Islam is being blamed for these violent actions carried out by a few extremists.  As I said before not all blame is to go to us as Americans, rather a large portion of this blame goes to the Muslims themselves.  A large majority of the Muslim people are not educated about their religion or for that matter educated about anything.  There would be no possible way for an educated human to carry out such violent acts.  Granted, that if you feel something is wrong you would want to fix it, but there are some civilized ways of doing so.  Some of these civilized protests include, writing to the political leaders, writing petitions, arguing at a court, and if it reaches a point start protesting.  We all have our good and bad habits, manners, etiquettes.  Some may be better than others, but at the end we all are humans.

Let us always remember one thing:                                                                                                                               A good  teacher would always want a good student,                 A good friend would always want a good friend,                       A good parent would always want a good child,                       A good neighbor would always want a good neighbor,               But this world is in need of a good human.

A.Pride said...
May 27, 2016 at 3:00 am
I think we can all agree that the terms "terrorism" and "terrorist(s)" are so freaking mainstreamed, that the judgement of others becomes impaired and completely distorted... Pitiful, really.

ZOEMALIKThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
May 24, 2016 at 11:29 am
I have to say your article is AMAZING! i loved it, i wouldn't of been able to say the same thing any better than you have. Your a really talented writer so keep it up and i totally agree with you in all levels its absolutely amazing and i hope to let others know about your amazing words and especially the end part but all of it was great and can see your intelligence very clearly, i do see the picture was a bit random but ive saved this article on my bookmarks as an inspiration. And really do ho... (more »)

Farhan M. replied...
Thank you so much for your comment. I am glad you liked the article. I would like for the message to be spread more and more, so if you know interested people then let them know to take a look at this article. I hope to find more spare time to write more about certain issues.

ZOEMALIKThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. replied...
May 29, 2016 at 5:15 am
Great, i am looking forward then!

Thefanatasticagirlie101This teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Oct. 25, 2015 at 9:37 am
This article if very frank and to the point, and addresses the main issues. Would you mind commenting on my poems.

Farhan M. replied...
Not at all, would you let other people know that they should read the article so they know the message it contains?

Thefanatasticagirlie101This teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. replied...
Yes, of course, I'd be happy to.

Mikey Sulivan said...
Yes, its time someone finally spoke up and said something. We all see the problem, but not many have the courage to say something about it.

Alex Sackins said...
I totally agree with your points made throughout this article. As humans we tend to hide behind a false sense of self righteousness and do not realize how we harm others in the worst way possible. In this case, as an American I feel as if my government is trying to help fight for the right cause, yet they are doing so in the wrong manner. Yes we are in the Middle East to fight off and get rid of savages who find no value in human life, but during the process we seem to have become savage ours... (more »)

Farhan M. said...
Edits needed to be made on the Essay: (By: The Author) - - Third Paragraph, First Sentence - Can these two words be used at the same time in an English sentence? (The answer is yes it can be used in the same sentence, but the word peace can never be used to describe a "terrorist attack" which by definition is not peaceful. -Paragraph Four, Sentence Two - The teachings of the religion just might not be the same as the teaching of the follower.( The teachings of the religion just might not be... (more »)