Obama and His Country | Teen Ink

Obama and His Country

June 1, 2009
By Anonymous

America, a country of independence and remarkable diversity, has pushed through tough times. Dark ages caused by dark people who - to this day - still wholeheartedly believe that what they did was right. Yes, the U.S.A, however strong and free it may be, is an enormous country suffering through a difficult era in these modern and contemporary times. Times when people vary from black to white, fat to thin, short to tall and so on and so forth. Times when people do crazy things, like find the long, lost twin of Sarah Palin and embarrass her until she turns as red as her suit, or aim a shoe at George Bush in Baghdad, forcing him to shield himself. Times when families who were once wealthy and swimming in cash have dropped down into the red, and people who were already pretty low, dug themselves even lower.
And then it happened. Just when we thought the U.S.A couldn’t embarrass itself further, when we sincerely believed that we could no longer withstand any more criticism for our country’s apparent “destruction”, he came along. Barack Obama, a black man, became the president of our suffering country.
A majority were confident in the knowledge that America was saved. I mean, if a black man could become president of the most dominant and influential nation on the face of the Earth, our country was saved, right? However, other people stated that a black man - “black” being a filthy race - did not belong in office. And, to be kind, they were the racist ones, the ones whose hearts were still black from the pain and affliction that the black race had endured decades ago. Nevertheless, America received something from this remarkable black man. The thing our homeland needed the most. Hope. Hope that we weren’t doomed to decease. Hope that the menacing recession wouldn’t drive us into utter chaos. Hope that we would remain as the incredible nation that we are today.
On January 20th, he did it. Obama and his country began the unforgettable journey on a road leading to Who Know Where. That day - the day when everyone put aside their masks of hatred and uncouthness, and joined one another in making America all that it can be - remains engraved in our hearts, souls, and minds. Then, Obama did something powerful beyond anyone’s beliefs. Our new leader not only changed our beloved nation for the better, but also warmed our hearts on that cold, mid-January winter day. And that’s what we needed.
Although we still may be drowning in dept, or enduring the craziness of all these peculiar political leaders that haunt our country’s well being, we have a man who has changed the history of his race and his country, not only by making amendments, but by mutually joining us as one.
Obama still has an Everest to climb ¾ a mountain of great height, and dangerous falls. But we cannot depend on this man to do it all on his own. Remember, he is leading a country of great supremacy. If anyone will help him climb that mountain, we will.
Obama and his country will make a change for the better.

The author's comments:
Although I put much wok into writing this piece, you may suppose that I am an American by reading it. In fact, I am a Canadian and have only visited America once in my life for enjoyment purposes.
Due to this, I understand that you may not wish to post any comments or praise for my work, for I may not be sharing your persepective as I am not from the U.S.A.
But, rest assured, Obama has changed the world.