Stop and Get Out Now! | Teen Ink

Stop and Get Out Now!

The War in Iraq, a waste of time or, a good idea. What do you think? The war in Iraq is in the eyes of many a big fat no, no. You know the war in Iraq has a 30% approval rating. So why don’t we just stop? The war in Iraq is beginning to cost way to much for this country to pay, the war is a very unpopular war with only 30% approval ratting, finally the Iraqi people them selves have told us to leave.

How do you feel about your tax dollars, were do you want them to go? Were do you want your money going? Were do you think your money goes? Well get ready to find out the shocking truth of the use of your tax money. The War has cost over 550 trillion dollars already, and climbing fast. We spend 36% of our tax money to our Current Military. A good third of that goes to the War in Iraq and Afghanistan, $200 billion a month. “I would rather have my money go to healthcare or clean energy, then a War that’s not doing anything” a Neighbor of mine exclaimed. How do you feel about a good 12% of your tax money going to the War in Iraq? Most people I know would not be happy about that, would you?

The War is despised by many people. It has a low approval ratting and, a good 70% of are country wants to get out. The War is a bad idea most of America thinks it’s a bad idea too. 52% of people said the War has not contributed to the long term safety of the United States. Nearly six in 10 Americans oppose the War in Iraq. The Iraq War is a domino game it will start small and became bigger. We can not allow such a thing to happen. Have you seen how big domino games can get? Sen. Joseph Biden, a Delaware Democrat, said Sunday on CBS's "Face the Nation" that a "gigantic gap" exists "between the rhetoric here in Washington and the reality on the ground." In other word Washington may say were winning or losing but in reality it’s completely different. Decide for yourself, do we get out or do we stay in?

The War in Iraq is publicized very well, news stations cover it everyday. One thing we see is how badly the Iraqis want us out. If your country was being held by another country that was sending troops over to control it, how would you feel? Well most people would want those troops out. The Iraqis want us out, its there country not ours why can’t we leave it alone. If we are truly trying to help we would be training Iraqi soldier’s not imposing grief on Iraqi civilians. In Baghdad, for example, nearly three-quarters of the residents said they would feel safer if the U.S. and other foreign forces left Iraq, with 65 percent of those asked favoring an immediate pullout. Bush said himself “if Iraq says leave we will leave.” So why aren’t we leaving? As a teenager you see people close to you being sent to Iraq for a cause the people of Iraq don’t even support. It’s just like what we have bean learning about in humanities; we are treating Iraq like Britain treated us back in the 1700’s. How do you feel about that? We should get out and get out now. If Iraq doesn’t want are help well, we did are job, we tried to help and we gave them opportunities but if they don’t want it don’t give it to them.

Reporter Stan Goff says, “We have now passed the empirical milestone in Iraq of 2,000 American dead. This figure does not include Afghanistan, it does not include more than 15,000 troops wounded, nor over 400 who have lost limbs, nor does it include the tens of thousands of Iraqi dead.” I in other words we have lost 2000 troops to Iraq and many more to Afghanistan. We have 1000’s of injured and limbless soldiers, and now it’s finally time to pull out or we will lose 1000’s more. The war in Iraq is a costly war taking way to much tax payer money that could go to the economy or healthcare, the War in Iraq is despised and should be ostracized, lastly the Iraqis themselves want us out its there country they don’t want help we don’t give them it. So next time you see a poll for The Iraq War think twice about your decision.

NB935 said...
on Mar. 9 2018 at 4:52 pm
NB935, Lowell, Massachusetts
Well.... it's not really a war. It's just American presidents putting American lives on the line for politics' sake.

Sunshine said...
on Nov. 24 2008 at 3:20 pm
AGREED. But you were innacurate toward then end. We actually have over 4,000 soldiers that have died in Iraq alone.

nice article.