Obama and His Country | Teen Ink

Obama and His Country

America, a country of independence and remarkable diversity, has pushed through tough times. Dark ages caused by dark people who - to this day - still wholeheartedly believe that what they did was right. Yes, the U.S.A, however strong and free it may be, is an enormous country suffering through a difficult era in these modern and contemporary times. Times when people vary from black to white, fat to thin, short to tall and so on and so forth. Times when people do crazy things, like find the long, lost twin of Sarah Palin and embarrass her until she turns as red as her suit, or aim a shoe at George Bush in Baghdad, forcing him to shield himself. Times when families who were once wealthy and swimming in cash have dropped down into the red, and people who were already pretty low, dug themselves even lower.
And then it happened. Just when we thought the U.S.A couldn’t embarrass itself further, when we sincerely believed that we could no longer withstand any more criticism for our country’s apparent “destruction”, he came along. Barack Obama, a black man, became the president of our suffering country.
A majority were confident in the knowledge that America was saved. I mean, if a black man could become president of the most dominant and influential nation on the face of the Earth, our country was saved, right? However, other people stated that a black man - “black” being a filthy race - did not belong in office. And, to be kind, they were the racist ones, the ones whose hearts were still black from the pain and affliction that the black race had endured decades ago. Nevertheless, America received something from this remarkable black man. The thing our homeland needed the most. Hope. Hope that we weren’t doomed to decease. Hope that the menacing recession wouldn’t drive us into utter chaos. Hope that we would remain as the incredible nation that we are today.
On January 20th, he did it. Obama and his country began the unforgettable journey on a road leading to Who Know Where. That day - the day when everyone put aside their masks of hatred and uncouthness, and joined one another in making America all that it can be - remains engraved in our hearts, souls, and minds. Then, Obama did something powerful beyond anyone’s beliefs. Our new leader not only changed our beloved nation for the better, but also warmed our hearts on that cold, mid-January winter day. And that’s what we needed.
Although we still may be drowning in dept, or enduring the craziness of all these peculiar political leaders that haunt our country’s well being, we have a man who has changed the history of his race and his country, not only by making amendments, but by mutually joining us as one.
Obama still has an Everest to climb ¾ a mountain of great height, and dangerous falls. But we cannot depend on this man to do it all on his own. Remember, he is leading a country of great supremacy. If anyone will help him climb that mountain, we will.
Obama and his country will make a change for the better.

Although I put much wok into writing this piece, you may suppose that I am an American by reading it. In fact, I am a Canadian and have only visited America once in my life for enjoyment purposes.
Due to this, I understand that you may not wish to post any comments or praise for my work, for I may not be sharing your persepective as I am not from the U.S.A.
But, rest assured, Obama has changed the world.

Error BRONZE said...
on Apr. 21 2010 at 9:28 am
Error BRONZE, Plano, Texas
I'm afraid Ill have to see evidence for that.

GoingGalt said...
GoingGalt, Rhinelander, Wisconsin

"All men dream: but not equally. Those who dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds wake in the day to find that it was vanity: but the dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they may act their dream with open eyes, to make it possible." - T. E. Lawrence

Just what I thought. You are a left wing, racist, liberal, communist, taxing, spending, baby killing, moron.

i<3steven! said...
i<3steven!, Newcastle, California

*john-son-johnson*
Inside Joke

okay, so he has done well, and he has definitly changed some things, but he doesn't get all of the credit. we as people, regular people are helping to change the world too!

WriterFanatic PLATINUM, DesMoines, Iowa

A coward is incapable of exhibiting love; it is the prerogative of the brave.
By Gandhi.

wonderful. yes you are correct! He cant do it on his own. this is great keep up the good work. Only, (and this is for all the skeptics out there) next time put more factual info in then it would be top notch

NinjaOrange said...
JoCoGirl, you an un-researched person. You have no idea what you are saying. Sorry to say that, but it is true.

KyleEC BRONZE said...
on Jan. 16 2010 at 2:44 am
KyleEC BRONZE, Ballwin, Missouri
I'm sorry JoCoGirl, you have such a biased point of view that it's difficult to take you seriously. Just because Obama comes from a liberal party that is based on socialistic beliefs, you honestly think we're going to become a communist country? First of all, there has never been and probably will never be a communist country. Second of all, clearly have NO idea what you're talking about because being communist means to have an economic system where every person is equal and everything is shared. There are no social classes in a communist society. If you think that's where America is headed just because there is a proposal for government-run health care on the table (which almost every other industrialized county in the world has in some form or another), you have A LOT to learn. There's a difference between being a conservative and being an idiot. You are the latter. Go spout your rhetoric somewhere else.

on Dec. 3 2009 at 9:04 am
Jezabel PLATINUM, Ricmond, Virginia

In the end we will not the remeber the words of your enemys, but the silence of are friends.
~ Martin Luther King Jr.

im canadian too. but have lived in america for 11 years. i cried for joy when Obama was elected. america is changing for the good

CelticThundeGurl SILVER, Benson, North Carolina

"It is time for us to realize that we are too great a nation to limit ourselves to small dreams."

- Pres. Ronald Reagan

I would also like to address Robby. How has Obama's election helped America? He is pushing things forward, such as socialized healthcare. How wrong can u get??? Also, the racial issue, has not been helped by his election. He is not putting a stop to anything bad, he is just doing his part to begin it!

- Pres. Ronald Reagan

He is not just apoligizing for what Bush did. He is blaming ALL of his problems and or mistakes on Bush. He is also apoligizing for our troops who are out there sacrificing their lives for our freedom. He is apoligizing for America being successful. Doesn't he realize that America's success has helped other countries? His apoligizing is not honnorable or respectable.

TheFitfulFire BRONZE, Houma, Louisiana
Well Robby, he's nominated over thirty rather unqualified persons to the position of czar, the majority of which have not been questioned by the Senate. Second, he has gone on an international tour apologising for our country. Third, he honestly believes that a government-run healthcare system will do a country already in so much debt a great deal of good.

And by the way, Robby, it is wrong to place all the troubles of your current presidency on that of the former leader of our nation when it is your own party in control of a Congress that formed and passed a bad deal for the nation. Do not lie to me and say that President Obama could not have stopped that bill. He was the one who signed on it, then tried to pass it off on his predecessor. The government is not just a game of one man. It is played by each party, and the one which has made the most recent mistakes is the one which currently holds power.

HOPEMVP said...
1 for one thing he accepted the peace prize while his country was a WAR! 2 he's broken the counrty into socalistic government almost 3 ....

Error BRONZE said...
Error BRONZE, Plano, Texas
What has obama so far done wrong!!!!!!

What the heck is wrong with apologising for what BUSH did?!?!

JUST WATCH SOMEONE ELSE THAN GLENN BECK, PLEASE.

Error BRONZE said...
Error BRONZE, Plano, Texas
He HAS done his research. And he has drawn the right conclusion, I'll add.

Error BRONZE said...
Error BRONZE, Plano, Texas
I have asked this before and I will ask it again.

NAME

ONE

STUPID

THING OBAMA HAS DONE WRONG! jees

Error BRONZE said...
Error BRONZE, Plano, Texas
Tell me one thing Obama has so far done wrong, please. Tell me one thing, oh mister I-google-all-my-facts. And anyway, why is it racist to vote for a black man because he is black? Our country needs to acknowledge that not all of us are white, and electing Obama does that. Whats wrong with that?

HOPEMVP said...
Do you know anything abou what's REALLY Happening in AMercia? research, research!

First of all, arent you and everyone else more racist than other people because you voted for Obama JUST BECAUSE he is black?

Second of all, you keep up with current events at all? If you would watch more than just one biased news channel and read more than one biased newspaper, maybe you would see how terrible a president Mr. Obama is. Every word that comes out of thats man's mouth is a lie and a promise that CANNOT, no matter how much effort and how much good intention, be fulfilled.

O thank God!!

Finally someone around here who can actually think for themselves!

i TOTALLY agree with you

The thing that bugs me about this whole thing tho is that he is a terrible president and probably always will be, but no matter what President Obama says or does, he will always be looked upon as a hero because he was the first black president.

Don't get me wrong, i think that having different races and genders in Washinton DC is great, but it would be helpful if they would actually be qaulified to do the job and every single thing that comes out of there mouths are lies.

Jessi Jordan said...
on Sep. 11 2009 at 11:43 am
Jessi Jordan, Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
Though this article seems to praise President Obama a little too much, I believe he was a good choice for America and is doing a nice job as this country's leader. People will always have doubts, and now they have more than ever mostly based on the color of Obama's face. It seems to not matter anymore that other Presidents have made more costly mistakes or motions. Obama is not perfect and can't be expected to be perfect and do everything right. It's been less than a year since he has taken office and already people have found reasons to back up their opinion that Obama is a bad president. Reason that are small and, in any other term, would go unnoticed. Give the new president a chance to keep his promise of a change.

JoCo Girl said...
I do not have anything against black people. We all are equal, but I do have a problem with Pres. Obama. What does it show when Honduras is trying to be a free, independent country, and the communist leaders like Chavez say , "Do something, Obama." What does that say about our President when communist leaders expect him to side with them, which he does. I must say that I am not happy with the way he has been traveling around the world apoligizing for America. America does not need to be apologized for, especially by its President. President Obama is not the "healing power" we need in our country. God is! Pres. Obama is not going to help and heal our country. He is only hurting us and trying to turn us into a communist country. I pray that he is NOT re-elected in 2012. I pray that god will give us a leader who will follow him and help us through God's guidance.