Obama and His Country

By , Toronto, Canada
America, a country of independence and remarkable diversity, has pushed through tough times. Dark ages caused by dark people who - to this day - still wholeheartedly believe that what they did was right. Yes, the U.S.A, however strong and free it may be, is an enormous country suffering through a difficult era in these modern and contemporary times. Times when people vary from black to white, fat to thin, short to tall and so on and so forth. Times when people do crazy things, like find the long, lost twin of Sarah Palin and embarrass her until she turns as red as her suit, or aim a shoe at George Bush in Baghdad, forcing him to shield himself. Times when families who were once wealthy and swimming in cash have dropped down into the red, and people who were already pretty low, dug themselves even lower.
And then it happened. Just when we thought the U.S.A couldn’t embarrass itself further, when we sincerely believed that we could no longer withstand any more criticism for our country’s apparent “destruction”, he came along. Barack Obama, a black man, became the president of our suffering country.
A majority were confident in the knowledge that America was saved. I mean, if a black man could become president of the most dominant and influential nation on the face of the Earth, our country was saved, right? However, other people stated that a black man - “black” being a filthy race - did not belong in office. And, to be kind, they were the racist ones, the ones whose hearts were still black from the pain and affliction that the black race had endured decades ago. Nevertheless, America received something from this remarkable black man. The thing our homeland needed the most. Hope. Hope that we weren’t doomed to decease. Hope that the menacing recession wouldn’t drive us into utter chaos. Hope that we would remain as the incredible nation that we are today.
On January 20th, he did it. Obama and his country began the unforgettable journey on a road leading to Who Know Where. That day - the day when everyone put aside their masks of hatred and uncouthness, and joined one another in making America all that it can be - remains engraved in our hearts, souls, and minds. Then, Obama did something powerful beyond anyone’s beliefs. Our new leader not only changed our beloved nation for the better, but also warmed our hearts on that cold, mid-January winter day. And that’s what we needed.
Although we still may be drowning in dept, or enduring the craziness of all these peculiar political leaders that haunt our country’s well being, we have a man who has changed the history of his race and his country, not only by making amendments, but by mutually joining us as one.
Obama still has an Everest to climb ¾ a mountain of great height, and dangerous falls. But we cannot depend on this man to do it all on his own. Remember, he is leading a country of great supremacy. If anyone will help him climb that mountain, we will.
Obama and his country will make a change for the better.

John said...

This article seems very biased about Obama and thus the true nature of his accord is not atually able to get out.

Obviously Obama didn't win because he's black, and appealed to the black race, statisics prove otherwise, he really won because of his good charismatic speeches. But now we can all realise that many of them were all very big failed promises. He and this article claim he has turned this country over, and has fixed this county's economy. False.

This country remains tri... (more »)

Texas_Horsegirl said...
The only reason he became president was because the black people voted for him, and he changed us for the the worse. 40% of jobs have been lost because of his buget cuts, ands raising taxes like crazy to feed the lazy ones who won't work..!!! Look at the market downfall. Sooo much more debt and he said he would end the war...not happening.

Fluffy2772 replied...
...Do you know anything about what is happening? Black people make up less than 15% of the population and are the least likely to vote of any demographic. Job growth has remained somewhat constant throughout his presidency. And we are also still under bush's tax cuts. Taxes are at a low point right now, just compare them to Reagans tax policies.

bnljack said...

obama has instituted billions worth of tax cuts to the middle class and small buissnesses through his health care bill.

since he was instituted in office, the dow jones has gone up, the nasdaq has gone up, the strength of the dollar has gone up, and unemployment has gone down.

this is not an opinion, these are facts.

Trenton This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. replied...
Jul. 20, 2011 at 8:26 am
Where did you get these facts?

Threefiddy said...
Jun. 26, 2010 at 9:47 am

Well, this guy changed my mind that Obama supporters are drones.

Also, this isn't Obama's country, okay? He's not a king, he's not a dictator, he's the President.

custerrocks replied...
This is the people of the United States of America's Country!

Inspiration said...
Amazing! I wish the all kids in my school could read your piece!

WritingIsAPoison said...
A wonderful piece! People are always complaining about what Obama hasn't done and what he said he was going to do. He wasn't had any time! The man has only been in office, what two years?! Yes, America was a embrassment, because we had a president who just didn't care anymore! Bush messed one of the greatest countries on Earth! People threw shoes at him in other countries. And people wonder why get bombed all the time and other countries hate us so much. Yes, it will take a black man to bring Am... (more »)

Starphire87 replied...
umm... Really? If other countries hate us so much because of Bush... Why are there so many illegal Mexicans crossing the border? Hmm? And Obama's ONLY had two years? You know what I could do in two years? Repeal tax cuts on everyone and not just the wealthy! :D

Anonymous504 said...
Apr. 21, 2010 at 9:47 am
sorry bout that my computer posted it twice

i<3steven! said...
okay, so he has done well, and he has definitly changed some things, but he doesn't get all of the credit. we as people, regular people are helping to change the world too!

CrayonTechnician replied...
Just what I thought. You are a left wing, racist, liberal, communist, taxing, spending, baby killing, moron.

Anonymous504 replied...
Apr. 21, 2010 at 9:29 am
Ever heard the term "ad hominem"?

Anonymous504 replied...
Apr. 21, 2010 at 9:36 am

Do you really have any proof that he is racist?

How about communist?

All governments tax, sorry to break it to ya. Also, bush came into office with a surplus, and left with a ten trillion dollar deficit! I call that overspending.

An unborn child is still just a collection of cells until a certain point. Abortion before then is not baby killing.

Moron? lolz

Prove it.

Anonymous504 replied...
Apr. 21, 2010 at 9:37 am
Can you actually prove a single one of those things?

i<3steven! replied...
jeez, just because i beleive that i am not one of the lost generation u think you have the right to bag on me????? wow, way to think wrong....

Jul. 20, 2011 at 8:27 am
Think wrong? You think right?

WriterFanatic This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
wonderful. yes you are correct! He cant do it on his own. this is great keep up the good work. Only, (and this is for all the skeptics out there) next time put more factual info in then it would be top notch

NinjaOrange said...
JoCoGirl, you an un-researched person. You have no idea what you are saying. Sorry to say that, but it is true.