People are as Rivers | Teen Ink

People are as Rivers

Rivers are a beautiful thing, as is the human race. Humans, like rivers, are always changing, and greatly affect the world as grand rivers do. Without rivers our world would cease to function, as without the human race our world would cease to exist.

Just like the human race has famous people that have greatly influenced our world, we similarly have rivers that do the same. Rivers have molded land and changed our world just as people have changed our culture and way of life. Great rivers such as the Mississippi, Nile, Congo and many others have brought life, food and many other great things to our world. Famous humans like Christopher Columbus and Martin Luther King Jr. have greatly changed our world and molded it into what it is today. Though rivers can bring people water and things needed for survival, it can also harm them with things su ch as floods or other harmful occurrences. The human race has many great people that have made our world a better place; it also is home to many people who have made it worse. Examples of these include terrorists and Hitler. Langston Hughes poem, “The Negro Speaks of Rivers” says, “My soul has grown deep like the rivers.” People grow and develop just as rivers do, and rivers grow depending on the weather and rain, just as people are affected by other people and events in their lives. People angreatly influence our world as great rivers do.

The human race changes constantly just like rivers. Humans change and develop new ideas and revolution changes us constantly. This is similar to how rivers are always getting wider or thinner, and rivers often change course to form new rivers or to create new lakes. Humans reproduce as rivers spread to make new ones. Rivers grow deeper or shallower similarly to how humans have times of prosper and times of famine. Rivers never cease to flow just as humans never cease to exist. Rivers and the human race are a never-ending cycle.