CELL PHONES- A teenage obssession? | Teen Ink

CELL PHONES- A teenage obssession?

June 2, 2011
By Princess2011 BRONZE, New Delhi, Other
Princess2011 BRONZE, New Delhi, Other
2 articles 3 photos 29 comments

One can become so utterly obsessed with cell phones! It is difficult to imagine even a few hours of silence leave alone an entire day.You put it on silent and yet can't help steal a few glimpses of your mobile's screen in case somebody has by chance stopped by your number!One experiences the most amusing blend of superstitions and cell phone through the following- you change the ring-tone, the sms tone and at times even the display image of your mobile screen simply in the hope that at least now some miracle will happen and your phone will scream out the name of your expected caller!!

Exhausted, disappointed and convinced that perhaps your companion(i.e. your cell) has no vocal chords, you finally switch off your phone..only to switch it on again within seconds, thanks to your never extinguishing flame of hope that keeps you going..And the day gets over! But mind it..the night is yet to come! The moment you gain some consciousness, your sincere hands almost instantly strike the cell phone which obediently sleeps right beside your pillow and there you are at your best again looking out for some new messages, some missed calls!!

I at times wish for days when I had no such thing as a mobile phone..Things were much pleasant then..no signs of groaning or moaning, no waiting hours and days for your crush's call, no beep-beep, no tring-tring, in short no complications!
Aah! those were the good old days of FUN and FREEDOM in the real sense!!

The author's comments:
real life experience... was waiting for my friend's call..in those waiting hours came out the idea of engaging myself in some creativity and giving an outlet to my emotions!!:)