Secrets

Jessica K.
Secrets
Summary: My name’s Lani Ember, YES I know it’s a weird name and most people don’t have that name, but I’m, as you can say, well— different. I—well, I can read things; I mean I can read things others can’t. Have you heard people say I can read you like an open book? Well that’s exactly what I can do. I can read your emotions even the ones you’re hiding deep in your heart, like; when you’re depressed and you don’t want anyone to know and you just get really good at pretending you’re happy. I can read that you’re miserable. I can also read your thoughts from both your past and present. I can also imitate voices. Not like the bad imitations when you are -trying to be funny. I can really take a voice I’ve heard before and change my voice so I could sound exactly the same way, I mean EXACTLY, not a difference. Also I can plot my thoughts in your head so you can hear what I’m thinking without anyone hearing.
I’m not one of those people that can like do crazy stuff like flying, but I don’t think I’m the only one with “gifts” like these. Well, I know I’m not, my mom can do some pretty wicked stuff and so can my fourteen year old brother Mason, and just in case you’re wondering he’s younger than me. I’m sixteen, a junior at Madison Polk High School. You’re probably wondering about my dad, but he’s out of the picture, he has been ever since Mason was little. My mom can basically persuade you to do whatever she wants and she can read minds. And Mason, he can see the future and can tell if something is going to happen, he can also sense if something bad is going to happen. But when he sees into the future it isn’t always correct he is still trying to work on that. We also think he is developing my power of reading people’s thoughts, but I don’t think his gift is as strong as mine. People with these powers are stronger and faster than humans, and when you get us really upset we can’t seem to control what we do. This all happened to Mason a few summers ago, whereas I’ve had it since I was a baby.

This book has 2 comments. Post your own now!

Jappyalldayeveryday said...
This was soo good! I think the fight w/ the best friend needs a little bit of work, but the rest is good.

JRox9197 replied...
Nov. 23, 2011 at 11:50 am
thanks I know I need to work on it