Home > Novel (Fiction) > Thriller/Mystery > Lurking Shadows (Completed edition)

Lurking Shadows (Completed edition)

Katelynn G.
Lurking Shadows (Completed edition)
Summary: What people don't seem to realize is that at any moment you could change your life. All it takes is one step, one word, and then from there we just have to move on. Except at the same time if it really was that easy, everyone would do it. Sometimes what we really need is a push from someone or something. In Josephine's case, Samuel was the person she'd been waiting for her whole life.

When you're half demon though, life never comes that easy, no matter how far away you run from your humble beginings. The problem is, tragedy always seems to strike just when you begin to think that your life is just starting to get better. Josephine thought everything was falling into place, until the night of her twenty-first birthday, when everything fell apart.

This book has 3 comments. Post your own now!

kingofwriters said...
I remember reading a part of this you posted as an article a little while back; I'm really glad you posted more of it! It has this kind of authentically mysterious atmosphere to it, and it is very well-written overall! There were a few flaws that caught my eye however, and while I liked the story, these flaws were certainly distracting and I really do have to address them.  (I hope you're a fan of brutal honesty; you're gonna be mad at me if you aren't...) First ... (more »)

kingofwriters replied...
(I apologize for the absurdly long comment, I have a tendency to write essays like this in the comment section :P)

KatelynnGilbert0 replied...
No offense taken, I gladly accept any criticism. Also, I'm overjoyed that you enjoyed it so much even though it needs to be polished up. I was only going to post the first three chapters on teen ink, because I'm hoping on publishing this. However, I was wondering if you would be interested in reading the whole book. I've been having trouble with receiving feedback from people who can actually read it until the end, if you'd like I could share it with you on google docs so you cou... (more »)