Home > Novel (Fiction) > Romance > Redemption

Redemption

Emily M.
Redemption
Summary: Clarissa has it all. The looks, smarts, friends, money, humor, family, everything. Never once having to lift a finger for herself, this beauty is living the life we all dream about. At least until a tragedy occurs, and it's all her fault. Now, on a drastic downward spiral from heaven to hell, Clarissa flees ind desperation to hopefully clear her mind and get things right again. Of course she only finds herself more lost and broken than before. Alone, broken, desperate and hopeless, she finds herself even more baffled by the charming Garret and his cozy beach home shared with Ann, his adoptive grandmother. No one to trust, no where to go, Clarissa is forced to stop running and face her worst fear...the truth.

This book has 21 comments. Post your own now!

emmy1578 said...
No offense taken :) and thank you so much!!

Hotel_Romeo said...
Jan. 7, 2012 at 11:45 am
I'm in chapter two, great thus far, but one question--didn't clarissa drive her bug to school? Why would she be riding the school bus home? Maybe I misread somewhere

emmy1578 replied...
Sadly i made that stupid mistake and im working on re-writing it right now haha but thanks!

Hotel_Romeo replied...
I was just informing you not to offend you at all, this is AMAZING! I read it in four hours

fluffybunny1028 said...
I love your book Emmy and i'm so proud of my sissy! of course you know i cried lol. i'll help you with anything you need to get it published(: the name reminds me of redemption island lol. but that comes from a family of survivor lovers lol

Mermaidmissy said...
OK your story is like way better than mine is, and totally follow on what everybody else is saying you should really get your story published and soon. Can you look at some of my poems and book please thank you. :)

emmy1578 replied...
Nov. 29, 2011 at 12:43 am
lol id love to look at ur work! And to be honest, i simply wrote a story that id like to read lol ya know? I think thats the key to it all. Dont write what youd think people would like, write what YOU would like to hear. maybe that just me lol but thank you again (:

glory said...

PUBLISH IT!!! Characters have depth and subplots make it a very interesting read. 

emmy1578 replied...
Working on the publishing part. Any suggestions or ideas? harder to find a publisher/and editor than i thought itd be.

Kolohe said...
Nov. 25, 2011 at 12:16 am

In the interest of complete honesty and edification, I will not sugarcoat my feelings. This in no way reflects my feelings about you as a person or a writer, simply my comments on this particular piece.

I will say I appreciate your good spelling and competent use of grammar. That shows that you are actually taking time with your writing, unlike other sloppy writing that pops up.

Now for the constructive criticism…

On a structure note, there are many small typos thr... (more »)

emmy1578 replied...
thank you for your honesty and criticism. this is the first book i have ever written and completed and i know it needs a lot of work. I will definitely look over the tings you pointed out to me and review it more closely. what you said all makes sense. especially about the mugging part being unbelievable. It could use a lot of work to become more realistic. thank for the compliments on my ability to stir emotion in the readers and such though.

Brooki said...
this was the best story ive ever read, it made me cry in multiple parts, you should lengthen it because i sooooooooooo badly want 2 know more!!!! i agree with spring in the air, PUBLISH IT :)

spring in the air said...

that was the most amazing book i EVER read! you should get it published as a short story

emmy1578 replied...
Nov. 24, 2011 at 10:44 am
thanks! and im trying to do that right now haha but finding a publisher is a lot harder than i expected it to be!

Brooki said...
2 words for you.... Holy crap. You are an amazing writer and need to think about publishing someday. You should also make this story longer because its so amazing and i wanna know more!!!

fluffybunny1028 said...
Nov. 23, 2011 at 9:55 am
I love ittttttt!(: I didn't know you had all this in you(: i so proudddddd!!!!<3

emmy1578 said...
Nov. 23, 2011 at 8:01 am
By the way, It was pointed out to me that Clarissa drives to school then rides the bus home in the beginning so I am currently fixing that right now.

Dance.Dance said...
Oh, my heck.  I am in love with this.  I could not stop reading!  Can you add onto it?  I would absolutely love to read more!  I think this is the best novel i have ever read on here!!  Please please PLEASE write more!!

emmy1578 replied...

lol omg im so glad u like it! and ive actually gotten a lot of good feed back on this book so i might think about extending it a little. glad u like it:)

corrinlambert replied...
Really Good book Emily!Your an amazing writer!(: -corrin(: