The Needing for Love

Author's note: I worked really hard on this. I hope you like it.
Author's note: I worked really hard on this. I hope you like it.  « Hide author's note
Chapters:   « Previous 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 92 Next »

2

Chapter Two

*Because There Are These Nights Where I Sing Myself To Sleep. And I’m Hoping My Dreams Bring You Close To Me. Are You Listening?*

.-.-.-.-.-.-.--.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.--.-.-.-.-.-.
By the time I got to his house I had counted 74 trees, 55 street lamps, 3 garbage cans, 1 dog, 4 cats, and 6 restaurants. I was still looking out the window when he had stopped the car, counting the trees around his house. I could feel him looking at me. I turned my head and looked at him.

“What are you doing?” He asked concerned for my mental health.

“Counting the trees.” I said faking a coy smile. He frowned.

“Well, are you coming in, or are you planning on sleeping out in the car?” He asked blankly.

“I know, why don’t you sleep in the car and I will sleep inside?” Alright. I’ll admit it. I was being a jerk. I felt kind of bad but I pushed it away.

“Tempting.” That’s all he said and then he got out.
What? What the hell was that?!

He disappeared in the darkness. Was he seriously going to leave me in the car? Before I could think of anything else my door was swung open and he pulled me out and threw me over his shoulder.

“What the hell are you doing?! Put me down!!!!!” I was pounding on his back and kicking and screaming. He opened his front door and threw me down on his couch and walked into the kitchen.
I curled up into a ball and sat there in silence. He came back with a glass of water and sat down next to me and turned the TV on and started watching some stupid late night show.
What. The. Hell?
I glanced over at the clock. It was almost 11:30. I looked around. It was a nice house. Not that big, but not that small.

“You like it?” He asked not taking his eyes off the television. I just nodded and contemplated my escape. It was really quiet. He wasn’t really watching the TV, just staring at it. I was going to get up and look for some window that I would be able to crawl through after he fell asleep but he spoke before I got the chance.

“Who’s Eric?” He looked away from the TV following my glance from window to window. I looked at him. Surprised that he caught that.

“Uh. He was my ex-boyfriend. I met him in high school but…” I trailed off.

“How long were you going out?”

“I don’t know, a couple years…” What was he getting at?

“Oh.” That’s all he said. He stared at the TV a bit longer then turned it off. He sat there for a few minutes then got up and looked down at me.“I’m going to bed, and just in case you were thinking of crawling out the window after I fell asleep, you can sleep in my room.” He smirked. How did he know about my window plan?

“You going to sleep out here on the couch?” I asked expecting a specific answer.

“No! I’m sleeping in my bed.” He looked shocked.

“Well, then where am I going to sleep?!” I was getting a little afraid of where this was going.

“In the bed silly. Come on.” He motioned for me to follow him. I eyed him warily before I got up and followed him from a safe distance.

I poked my head into the room that he went into. It was simple enough, a bed, a dresser, and this huge window that took up his whole wall. It had a white curtain over it though. I walked all the way in and he threw some clothes at me.

“You can sleep in those if you want to. But I mean, you don’t have to.” He eyed me up and down and raised both eyebrows and smiled at me.

Pervert.

“The bathroom’s over there.” He nodded towards the door and took his shirt off and crawled into the bed. I walked into the bathroom and tossed his clothes that he threw at me on the floor. I would just sleep in the tank top I had on under my shirt. I was wearing some shorts already so I would be fine.

I looked in the mirror and scowled. I had dark circles from my sleepless nights of crying and nightmares. I was pale with blonde hair that was curly and so I kept it up all the time. I never had it down all the way. I was decent, average looking, but that had never been good enough for me.
I sighed and took my shirt off and adjusted my tank top. I was going to brush my teeth but I didn’t want to ask him if he had another toothbrush so I just walked back out and walked to the other side of the bed closest to the giant window.

He was already asleep so I figured that I would be safe. I lifted the covers and laid on the very edge of the bed as far away from his as possible. I prayed that I wouldn’t have a nightmare like I had been having for the past three months. I closed my eyes and fell asleep immediately.

This book has 23 comments. Post your own now!

fall is near said...
im addicted to this! ive been reading it for like 3 hours now! good job to the author! i forgot it was written by a teen! U should make it a real book! Keep up the good work! :)

misguidedmuse replied...
THANKS! :) i love to write, so hearing that is really reasuring! :) i am writing a sequel! if you know any places i could send it for getting it publish, i will send it :) 

fall is neear replied...
oh ur welcome! and i will see if i know anywhere where it can be published and let you know! so how far are u in the sequel? i reaaly hope nothing happens to seirnali in the sequel and they stay together (hint, hint ;) ) and please let me know when u will be posting the sequel! this is like the 3rd time iv'e read this! keep writing!

misguidedmuse replied...
Half way done! :) as of today. :) and thank you :)