The heartbreak of it all

Author's note: The book "The Pigman" inspired this, and has a sort-of similar plot.
Author's note: The book "The Pigman" inspired this, and has a sort-of similar plot.  « Hide author's note
Chapters:   « Previous 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next »

2

We got to her house, finally, and I let her leave.
“See ya,” I said, with a bit of sorrow in my voice.
“Yeah...” all she said. Again. She walked into her house like a zombie and I just stood there for a few minutes, until a white car drove by and snapped me out of my trance.
I wandered home for more hot chocolate, then I was on my Play Station to forget about what
The next day at school was dreadful. Amelia wasn't there. I tried to call her cell, but she didn't pick up, more than once. I was beginning to get worried. One of the girls from school, Heather, kept staring at my like she was trying to shoot me with a damn laser or something.
At lunch I was alone eating my peanut butter and jelly sandwich, and all of a sudden, Heather just walked right up to me. She sat down.
“Where's your girlfriend?” she asked, with a sort of evil smile on her face.
“She's not my girlfriend,” I said, giving her a dirty look to emphasize the fact.
“Don't deny it. Denial is a sign of guilt. You guys are always together, there's no way you aren't dating!” she said, sticking with her bullshit.
“She's my best friend, nothing more. Guys and girls can be best friends, you know,” I said, trying to make a point to this dumb blond b****.
“That's bullshit! I've tried being best friends with a guy,” she said, rolling her eyes.
“Oh, so you must know exactly how every guy-girl friendship is. Right?” I said. Every time I kept looking at her, all I thought was b****.
“Um, yeah, duh, I'm a master when it comes to relationships of any kind between a guy and a girl. Haven't you noticed?” she said, pushing her hair behing her shoulder.
“No. I'm really pretty sure you're not. But I know what you are,” I said, realizing I sounded like an idiot.
“What, then? Tell me exactly what you think I am,” she said, trying to look angry.
“You're just a dumb blond b**** who's wasting air that could be saving someone else. And, as a matter of fact, you're just the type of blond b**** that get hit by food.” I said, giving her a bit of a shock.
“What? Hit by food?” she said, pretending to ignore the insults.
And that was when I did it. I opened my pudding cup, took a spoonful of pudding, and hit that blond b**** in the face with it.