Yellow Shoes

Chapters:   « Previous 1 ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 Next »

Taylor Brooks

"So y'all got along well obviously."

"Well we fought a lot. But it felt like those fights brought us closer together."

"I bet they did Will. It's like a rainbow after a raging storm. It makes you peaceful, makes you happy."

"Makes you smile." I said.

"That's right. Now when's the last time you saw this girl? Why isn't she right here right now?"

"Well that's where my life took a big turn. I was nineteen and she was eighteen. Her father had just died and she had locked herself in her room. We had gotten into a big fight the day before, so I didn't think I should try and go over immediately, so I called. She picked up sobbing, and said she thought it would be best if her and I..." I stopped suddenly, my throat was full of tears. I hated this one night of my life more than any other. "That her and I shouldn't be friends anymore. I started crying myself, I was heartbroken. I had had a crush on her ever since I met her. Not even a crush, something much stronger. And I tried telling her that, I told her I didn't have a crush on her, but something different, something better. She cut me off and said that she didn't want to hear it. I kept asking her why she was doing this. And she kept ignoring the question, and then she pulled out the big one. 'I have enough money from daddy's inheritance to start a new life somewhere else. I don't know where yet, but it's a new life William, and that means no parts of my old one in it, including you.'"

"I am so sorry, William. I truly am." Arty said, and he really meant it.

"So I guess that's why she didn't want us to see each other any more. Because I was too big a part of her 'old life'." I was holding back tears.
"And I heard from her mother that she had settled down in Chamounix, but I never pursued her. I just stopped caring. I got a new job, a new personality, a new look for myself, and I started my new life."

"You listen to me Mr. Barrios. Never in my life have I heard a man talk about a girl with such passion and caring. Now she may have started a new life in France, but that does not mean you shouldn't be a part of it. Now you are going to get on that train to France, and you are going to get your woman!"

I almost laughed at him, he was so excited for another person to put his life back together. He was tapping his yellow shoes as if he himself where going to get Taylor back.

"I can't do that, she told me she doesn't want me. And besides she probably has a husband by now."

"You know something?"

"Yeah?"

"When there is a person in your life, where you can't imagine what life would be like without them, where you wake up, looking forward to see them, when you have that kinda person. Don't you dare let 'em go. Because if you truly love this girl, you don't give up." I said nothing, but I knew the next question. "So tell me Mr. Barrios, do you love this girl?"

I looked up from the ground to this man. This man who, despite my insults and our differences, is trying. For once in my life, someone is actually trying talk to me personally, trying to relate to me. It was then that I knew my answer. Because there was someone else who cared, someone who was there from second grade, who could relate to my deceased parents, who had kissed me on the cheek under the big oak tree in her backyard, and told me that the kiss would make me smile, and it did. Only one other person had truly cared.

"Yes. Yes Arty, I do. I love her with all my heart. And I can't loose her."

"Well then let's go! In case you haven't noticed trains are moving!" I looked around, the snow was a light downfall, and trains were steaming around us, I looked at the schedule, and the train to Chamounix was boarding, and so was the train to Nottingham.

"Before this happens Arty, why are you limping?"

"Army, forget about it. Now come on buy me a ticket I need to see this!" He was jumping up and down. "You're going after your girl, right?" I said nothing, but kept staring at the schedule, hoping something, anything would change. Loosing this meeting meant kissing the feet of the guy above me for who knows how many more years until another spot on the board opened up. I knew what I had to do.

Ummmm no name said...
This is a good book this is someone from ela by the way

boomshakedrop said...
This story is absolutely amazing! You will definitely become a famous writer, my friend:)