You and I

Author's note: This issue seems to come up in high school all the time. There isn't a day when a friend won't...  Show full author's note »
Author's note: This issue seems to come up in high school all the time. There isn't a day when a friend won't talk about his or her issue regarding this topic. Whether they are currently harboring these bittersweet secrets or not, it's a topic that people can relate to.  « Hide author's note
Chapters:   « Previous 1 2 3 4 Next »

Confused

Everyone else seems to see something else. Everyone else seems to notice that there’s something more. Everyone else can’t help but ask for the truth. But in response they get the same old answer, “We’re just good friends.” Typical? Sure, these things happen. Then it comes to the point where you become convinced that perhaps there is something more. But what do you do then? Potentially ruin your friendship? Seek for something greater? Maybe just do nothing? How could I just do nothing? It seemed that with each day a growing passion arose in me. It seemed that each day he went un-noticed of the fact that I had something I was dying to tell him. But somehow I could see in his eyes that he knew something, but I didn’t know what.
Yes we shared secrets with one another. But neither of us seemed to deeply touch on the “love” topic. He had asked me a few times, but I was careful to answer in a twisted manner that would ultimately leave him no answer. And when I would ask him, he would seem to answer the same way I would answer him. That was when I became suspicious. Was he hiding something? Was there some hope? But with time it seemed that his answers would only leave me confused.
He had said he’d call me and message me and he had said how dearly he wanted to hang out. He had said he didn’t want to lose touch over the summer. He had said how he didn’t want to wait until fall, when school would open again, to catch up with me.
Now it’s summer. Well, it’s really the beginning of summer. June is near ending, and July will begin. We’ve talked only twice. The first time, we ended up playing a game that seemed to absorb the world’s truth like a sponge. And it was at that time that we both became a little…mushy and gushy. I blame him for it though. But it was nonetheless all bittersweet. Bittersweet because I felt like we were both harboring something so deep, but at the same time we were sharing beautiful moments and facts. And that was the beauty of us, that we could create all these moments, all these good times. I had known him for quite a few years. I had seen him go from a little squirt to someone sensitive and so much taller than I am. The second time, we talked briefly, about little siblings. I have none. So I told him how I wanted one because I wanted someone to look up to me and love me for loving them. He said that that was so sweet of me. He said how adorable it was that I was a family type. Then he had to go, and I had to go, and that’s where it seemed to end.
I find it rather peculiar. Summer’s only begun, and something inside of me is burning, raging, steaming. I just want him to talk to me again. I want him to call me again. I want him to ask me to hang out with him again, so we can catch up on whatever it is we missed. I find myself in an awkward position, kind of like this squirrel that can never seem to climb the oak tree in front of my house successfully, much less reach for the nut that he’s being trying to get for so long. It’s funny because unlike the other squirrels, he could just dig in the ground, but he never does. He just barely climbs the oak tree and then tries to reach for the nut with his little gray and white paw. Sometimes he even gets pretty close to the nut. One time I even rooted for him in my head, his claw nearly touched the nut. But then he lost balance, yet he was able to catch himself. He had landed on all four, but he just left the nut. Two days later, this same squirrel was digging in the ground for nuts. He had given up.
Chapters:   « Previous 1 2 3 4 Next »

LehaAngel said...
Jul. 24, 2013 at 9:27 am:
I love the was the way the story flows and the mix of things.its realistic and even though it seems very common I think of it as traditional and there are elements brought out in the book that are definitive refreshing

disney000 said...
Feb. 17, 2013 at 11:13 pm:
I really liked how the beginning flowed with the way that the character was thinking. It really felt real and I'm sure we all can relate to the topic of the book.

leekay said...
Jul. 12, 2012 at 11:28 am:
felt very real, as if i was among someone's inner, personal thoughts.

SonjaRenaeThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Really Nice!!! A mix of things that kept me on edge! I loved it :D It would be great if you could check out my work! Any comments or ratings would be very appreciated!!

LBKTD replied...
Dec. 12, 2011 at 3:46 pm :
yeah very suspenseful

samirababy said...
loving it!

applejax replied...
Dec. 6, 2011 at 7:05 pm :
i agree definitely

razorbeam300 said...
I read it and I like it. The dialogue in the phone call was a little confusing, but it was still understandable and felt like a real conversation. I liked this story over all, it felt like I was reading someone's journal and that was cool.

ani70 replied...
Nov. 28, 2011 at 2:51 pm :
haha thank you for your comment! yes, in my recent story, I have definitely worked on the dialogue. can't wait to post my new story. but yeah. thank you!

razorbeam300 said...

RoxSarah said...
pretty good!

ani70 replied...
Nov. 28, 2011 at 2:52 pm :
thank you!

JimmyS456 said...
Nov. 12, 2011 at 10:47 am:
nice job! keep it up

ani70 replied...
Nov. 28, 2011 at 2:53 pm :
thanks I will definitely do that

emily said...
Aug. 23, 2011 at 11:05 am:
really good i like the ending

ani70 replied...
Aug. 25, 2011 at 10:32 am :
glad to know! thank you!

abk_khn said...
good stuff!

ani70 replied...
Aug. 19, 2011 at 5:52 pm :
thank you!

kiwiiiiii said...
nice story!!!!! write more plz

ani70 replied...
Aug. 18, 2011 at 8:26 am :
thanks! i most defninitely will.