Love, Jezzabelle | Teen Ink

Love, Jezzabelle

June 24, 2011
By writergirlheather SILVER, Hamilton, Ohio
writergirlheather SILVER, Hamilton, Ohio
8 articles 1 photo 0 comments

Favorite Quote:
"If it was meant to be it will be."


Summary:

Love, Jezzabelle is a novel about a little girl named Jezzabelle who has had to overcome some major challenges in her life and she is only nine years old. Jezzabelle was given away at birth by her birth parents and was put up for adoption. Years later Jezzabelle was unfortunate enough to understand what it feels like to walk a mile in a cancer patients shoes. Jezzabelle gets diagnosed with leukemia, a white blood cell cancer, at age nine. As she goes about her new life, Jezzabelle notices something is missing. Her adoptive parents are more than Jezzabelle could ever ask for. They may not be rich like some of her friends parents are, but they are perfect for Jezzabelle and her brothers and sisters. Still, even with wonderful adoptive parents Jezzabelle still feels that ache in her heart and that hole that needs filling. She knows her birth parents are out their somewhere, but with the little information Aunt Marci and Uncle Jeff, Jezzabelle’s adoptive parents gave her, it becomes a struggle. Years ago Jezzabelle went asking for her birth parents address. Once she had the address she started writing to them, but never got a reply. Jezzabelle took the chance and started writing to her birth parents again in hopes that this time they will write back. As the cancer worsens Jezzabelle looks to God and her older adoptive brother, Claude to guide her in the right direction. The book is both heart breaking and compelling as you read Jezzabelle’s fight for her freedom from leukemia.


Heather S.

Love, Jezzabelle


Similar books


JOIN THE DISCUSSION

This book has 2 comments.


ani70 said...
on Jul. 1 2011 at 2:10 pm
ani70, Lexington, Massachusetts
0 articles 0 photos 53 comments
*up and coming

ani70 said...
on Jul. 1 2011 at 2:10 pm
ani70, Lexington, Massachusetts
0 articles 0 photos 53 comments
hey im really liking this story.
I'm also up and comging writer. check out "You and I" (under recent realistic fiction novels) plz vote it too. i think urs is 5 star quality.