My Little Blue Book

Author's note: This is the first 3 Chapters, and the beginning of the fourth.
Author's note: This is the first 3 Chapters, and the beginning of the fourth.  « Hide author's note
Chapters:   « Previous 1 2 3 4

Chapter 4

I put the book down and leaned back onto my bed. I knew enough about myself to not be panicking anymore. I closed my eyes and sighed deeply. I took the pen that was by my bed and scribbled “read me” onto a piece of paper that I had torn out of the back. I set it on top of the book and sat it on the nightstand. A nurse with bright red hair walked in with a glass of water and a couple of pills. She smiled at me and I was confused about why pills would make me happy. I hadn’t written anything about this and I was nervous. I guess I didn’t hide my surprise well and she stopped suddenly.
“Kailyn, sweetie, what do you remember?” She asked, a worried look filled her eyes.
“Well, nothing really, but I wrote down things I though were important down in this,” I said holding up the small, lightweight journal. She relaxed a little, I guess the idea of telling me what I was like seemed strange.
“Well, yesterday you complained about having to take medicine through an IV so I talked to your doctor.” She announced, handing me the pills. She looked me over and brought me a fluffy green towel, a pair of sweats and a grey shirt. I went to go change, laughing quietly. She nodded her approval, took my wet clothes and offered to dry my hoodie if I wanted her to. I handed it over a little unwillingly, it was the only thing I had instantly felt comfortable with, and went back to reading my little blue book.
Chapters:   « Previous 1 2 3 4

ani70 said...
Jul. 3, 2011 at 11:00 am:

i am loving this story. can't wait to see how it ends. 5 stars all the way!!!
oh and also i hope you check out my story You and I 

i hope you write more!

cindy said...
This is such a moving story!  You write really well.  I  hope you finish it.  I'd like to see how it ends!

SongSparrow said...
Mar. 22, 2011 at 6:10 pm:

THIS IS AMAZING!!!!!!!!!!!! The only thing I could say is that in chapter 3 and 4 she almost seemed like she remembered a little too much a little too fast. Also, just in my opinion, I would change the title to Little Blue Book or A Little Blue Book or something. Just in case you forgot, this is SUPER great!!!!

P.S. I love rain too.

MissTarbet replied...
Apr. 24, 2011 at 10:09 am :
Thank you very much for the positive feedback

SongSparrow replied...
Apr. 26, 2011 at 4:13 pm :
Are you going to write/post any more of the story? (Please?)

MissTarbet replied...
Apr. 27, 2011 at 12:40 pm :
I'm not sure just yet but I might