Gilded

star3x8
Gilded
Summary: At 15 years old, Tori Wellburn was raped by a friend of her parents. Though she was beaten in the process, her parents blamed her and subsequently sent her to a boarding school so that they would not have to see their "dishonored" daughter.
Now, at 17, Tori is back to her home, and she realizes that things are nearly shattering in pieces. Though her family is rich and is held together by a thread, she knows that her situation is precarious. Her 20 year old sister is pregnant but is beaten by her husband, her father believes in male superiority, and her mother is weak and submissive. The question is now- will the strong willed Tori break in this house of hell?

Tags: family

This book has 4 comments. Post your own now!

charmiypiggy said...
I think that the concept is quite interesting; certainly one I haven't really heard of before. However, though I know that this is supposed to be more 'modern', the way you wrote kept me thinking that it was set in the olden days. As the others have said, it is rather dark, but also intriguing at the same time. I would suggest that you put spaces in between the paragraphs to make it easier to read. Great work, though!

pheebz88 said...
This is very dark...but very good.  I think the way you write is compelling and captivating.  You spaced out the facts or important details very well!  Keep writing!

BrielleM said...
Mar. 12, 2011 at 9:25 am
This is dark and kind of scary, but very good. I don't want the inevitable to happen! Aside from a few minor grammatical errors and a few typos, the novel is golden. Haha. (: Really, though, I liked it a lot and really hope you continue with it!

star3x8 replied...
Mar. 12, 2011 at 10:54 am
Aw, thanks :) I actually have finished the entire novel for last year's NaNoWriMo, but I didn't want to put the entire novel just up yet. Not only was I afraid that people would be scared of reading it, but I was a little scared that someone might steal it. I have big dreams for this story :)