New Teen Ink Book: Bullying Under Attack Barnes & Noble Amazon

There's No Such Thing As Perfect

Author's note: I was inspired to start writing and it's turned into my dream and future. I always turn to...  Show full author's note »
Author's note: I was inspired to start writing and it's turned into my dream and future. I always turn to writing in times of need because writing is like a fairy tale to me. It takes me out of reality. I was inspired to write a book about myself. It's meant for teens and young adults, to show that when times get bad, there is hope.  « Hide author's note
Chapters:   « Previous 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 15 Next »

Sports Difficulties

Most kids/ teens have a sport that they play or do. Some competitively and some for recreation. Personally, I'm a swimmer and I swim competitively. Well I used to be on a team where it was hard for me to swim, because I always got bullied. There was a girl who didn't like me, at all. She was in my group while I was on the team and I was new to swimming when I joined. I didn't know anyone, but she started to judge me before she even got to know me. Soon enough, I was the team clown. I made everyone laugh, but at the same time I was always the one left out. The one nobody wanted to be partners with. I thought something was wrong with me, and I started to blame myself for being alone. I eventually found out that she was talking about me behind my back and telling people bad things about me. The coach made her team captin and soon everyone started to look up to her. While having power over everyone, she got others to judge me and not like me. I was left alone and left out of everything. She was the coaches favorite. I was so upset on the inside by everyone doing this to me. I didn't enjoy swimming like I used to because of what had been going on. Every practice, I would walk into the pool area and everyone would be talking to each and looking at me while laughing. I wanted to cry the whole time. The next year came, time for everyone in my group to advance to the next level. My coach moved every single person in the group I was in, up to the next group except me. He didn't even give me an explanation as to why. I felt like I wasn't good enough. I felt lonely and overwhelmed. I couldn't handle being bullied and feeling left out, and my coach being apart of it. Nobody understood how I felt, having the whole team, even the coach, against you. That's when I lost my interest in swimming. I had another coach that soon took over the group I was currently in and he told me something one practice when I didn't want to try. He said it me "Your only strongest, when you are your weakest." I never understood what he meant by that, so it never became useful. I decided to have a meeting with my head coach that favored the girl who didn't like me. I told him how I was feeling and how I was being bullied. It ended out in an unprofessional emotional yelling battle between him and I. Which left me balling in his office and him telling me I wasn't good enough. It was so hard for me but that's when I quit the team and walked out. It felt impossible to just throw away all I had on that team but it ended up being the best decision I made. I couldn't bare the abuse any longer. I took many months off swimming, feeling not good enough, alone, lost and hopeless without swimming.

This book has 1 comment. Post your own!

Addicted said...
Feb. 27, 2011 at 2:57 am:

Hi Brittany!

You have a wonderful story out in front of you but the book is rather full of little mistakes. For instance, "the" spelt as "Thee" and likewise. Reading it hence, makes it kind of difficult.

Best of luck for your endeavor. And please, check out my work, "the diary of a teenaged lunatic" and leave your comments.