The Social Class Beast

Author's note: Currently I'm still working on this story. I was inspired by Disney's Beauty and the Beast. I...  Show full author's note »
Author's note: Currently I'm still working on this story. I was inspired by Disney's Beauty and the Beast. I thought, what would a beast be in a high school setting. Heres the results.  « Hide author's note
Chapters:   « Previous 1 ... 7 8 9 10 11 Next »

That Sleezy Bastard

My eyes snapped open and I hissed in pain as I subconsciously moved my cut arm. The blood had dried my arm in place on the sheet, the fabric pulling my wound open again. Biting back a hiss, I pulled off the sheet and wrapped it around my wrist before heading towards the bathroom to clean up. Fumbling in the dark, I finally opened the door and headed down the hallway.

“Hello there!” Bentley called out in a chipper voice. Ignoring him, I continued to the bathroom. Why was he so happy?
KC's POV
I elbowed the wall until it found the light switch and the light flickered on. He walked over and leaned in the doorway, making me feel on edge as he scanned the scenario. “Guess what…” He chuckled and folded his arms. I just glared at him from the mirror as I cleaned my cut. “I met a girl last night, she was totally swooning over me… The time’s ticking for you though, especially if you keep doing that.” He nodded towards my arm and just stared at the cut. That little bitch was judging me!

“If you liked her so much, what was her name? Or was she just a toy to you?” I asked, my interest waning as I finished cleaning and bandaging my arm. So he was flirting with a girl, what did I care? Leaning against the sink, I watched him through the mirror. It was so weird to stare at someone who looked like my twin.

“Psht, a toy? C’mon, I’m in this game to win.”

“Game?”

“I mean my life… You can’t think you’d find love faster than me. I have the grades and the looks of the normal American scholar, while you look and act like something from American Horror Story.” Bentley snorted and started walking towards me, his eyes flicking across us in the mirror. “I was once trapped inside your mind, you think I’m going back to that? I love school, I love food, and I love sex. I’m not going to give up on trying to live…”

I gritted my teeth. The only person that could piss me off more than that book-nerd girl from school was this sleazy bastard.

“Love is more than just sex, and life is more than just school. You being here was just an accident.” I snarled, turning around and storming towards my room. His cackling laugh sent a shiver down my spine.

“And if you knew everything, you wouldn’t have read that spell that brought me here!”

“F off!”

“Well I would, but I need a ride to school. And I would have my own license but I’m pretty sure the government wouldn’t take kindly to the fact that I have no identification due to being somebody’s ‘Alternate Personality’.”

He was such a smartass, Bentley didn’t have to give me any sass.

“How do you manage to keep switching schools then?” My voice was a grumble as I grabbed my school bag and headed downstairs.

“Well, see, your parents’ money can buy a lot of things.” The cockyness in his voice was so infuriating!

“Whatever.” was all I could mutter as I walked out to my car, getting in the driver’s seat and blasting the radio so that I wouldn’t have to hear his voice anymore. It was an hour before classes actually started for today, but I honestly didn’t give a single f.

Driving slow is really painful. I could’ve gone 45 but I had to kill time somehow, so 25 was the new 45. Bentley didn’t approve, but he was studying his schedule, not really paying attention to my driving. The radio had to be turned off after a while because I started to get a headache. I just had a feeling that today was going to be a terrible day.

An hour later I was sitting in my biology class in the same seat I had the other day. But, lucky me, Bentley sat to my left and now I was just waiting on Misti to come in and sit to my right. Surrounded by bitches and assholes, great!

I sighed as I stared at the clock. She did try to help me out the other day though, so I guess I couldn’t completely hate her. A few minutes went by before I realised why I was watching the time.

I was waiting to see her again.

WOWritingThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Apr. 11 at 4:56 pm:
Wow... It's a bit slow at the beginning and I don't like Misti's sort of attitude at first but I love her now! And I love the story! It's great!

Vanendra said...
Jan. 10 at 8:25 pm:
like The Social Class Beast on Facebook please <3

Vanendra said...
New Chapter Posted!!! :D

Ashanti said...
So if anyone has a question, just feel free to ask. :)

EternallyReading said...
Mar. 25, 2013 at 6:28 pm:
I'm really enjoying this so far and I can not wait for the next chapters. I like how you threw in that little twist of him casting a spell. However it did feel abrupt. Maybe in the earlier chapters you could put little hints? Overall though I love it! Keep it up!   Also I was wondering if you could check out my story Shape Shifter's True Form...

ShyKarma replied...
Apr. 20, 2013 at 5:28 pm :
loving the story, cant wait for more chapters!  

Vanendra replied...
Jan. 8 at 6:06 pm :
well I just posted a bunch more chapters, I hope you enjoy them!!!! ^-^

Vanendra said...
Mar. 22, 2013 at 10:57 am:
New Chapters Posted!!!!!!!!!!!! ^-^

Vanendra said...
Mar. 4, 2013 at 11:04 am:
<3 To all of you impatient fans of this story: More chapters will be posted in a few weeks, so please hang tight... If you can't wait you can also read them on my deviantart...my username is Vanendra there too ^-^

LuvLife said...
Feb. 19, 2013 at 2:23 pm:
I love how it is going so far. Yes, it needs some work but it's is great! I enjoy it. I know it is hard writing chapters, but I'm asking u pretty please with a cherry on top, to idk. Maybe create another chapter or so? Waiting is so dreadful when your reading a good book. Keep up with the good work!

Vanendra replied...
Mar. 4, 2013 at 11:01 am :
I will be posting a good chunk of chapters soon, I've recently been inspired and have about 6 chapters to add. So expect them to be posted in a few weeks. ^-^ I'm glad you like my story.

ShyKarma said...
Feb. 14, 2013 at 7:48 pm:
I love this book cant wait for more chapters :)

Vanendra replied...
Mar. 4, 2013 at 11:03 am :
More chapters will be posted in a few weeks, so please hang tight... If you can't wait you can also read them on my deviantart...my username is Vanendra there too ^-^

RaisaMiri said...
YES! xD i can't wait!

SawrahAnn replied...
Dec. 4, 2012 at 1:16 pm :
I've been reading your book for a while now and I can't help but keep looking to see for added chapters . The suspence is getting to me! Love your work!

Vanendra replied...
Dec. 4, 2012 at 9:47 pm :
Thank you!! I'm sorry I have so much school work to do, but don't worry, more chapters will be posted soon...Is it bad that I already started the sequel? xD

SawrahAnn replied...
Dec. 5, 2012 at 12:11 pm :
Not at all! haha  I'd love to hear what you think of my book, if you have time check it out :) http://www.teenink.com/novels/realistic_fiction/book/105768/Infinita/

SawrahAnn replied...
Dec. 12, 2012 at 11:27 am :
haha no, not bad at all. Check out my book, Infinita, I'd love to know what you think about it!

Vanendra replied...
Jan. 2, 2013 at 9:14 am :
I will as soon as I can, right now I'm busy with alot of art orders. ^-^

Vanendra said...
Nov. 6, 2012 at 9:26 am:
New chapter up!!!! hope you all like it :D