Deafened By My Destiny | Teen Ink

Deafened By My Destiny

January 1, 2018
By Anonymous

He looked at the sky, smiled and held me closer.

"I love you by the number of the stars in the sky and by the number of cells in our bodies and by the calmness of the night and the brightness of the Sun and the vastness of the seas and the stretches of bare lands and by the lightness of your fingertips and by the-" he looked at me, mischief dancing in his eyes as he paused and I waited. "-and by the weight of your body."

I frowned and pulled away as Adam chuckled.

"You just called me fat?" I sat up and looked into his smiling green eyes. "I thought we were supposed to 'compliment' each other," I narrowed my eyes jokingly (if this word exists).

"But I just told you how much I loved you!" he pouted and I giggled.

"Stop with the corny stuff," I punched his shoulder lightly as I lied down in my back yard again.

He held me closer and kissed my forehead as I felt him smile.

Confused, huh?

Well.. Adam has been the 'love of my life' for 3 years. In other words, since freshman year.

Since mom travelled with her boyfriend, the house is empty and she really doesn't care what I do. That shouldn't surprise you because mom has always been like that. It definitely was a black mark in my life because I saw... I saw what mommies do. How they prepare lunch for their children.. how they kiss them goodnight and read them bedtime stories.

Well I guess that what makes us different. Our black marks.

I was raised on mom fighting with dad. Cheating and many bad things.

Terrible things.

"Let me take you somewhere," Adam's voice hits me back to reality.

"When?" I say still unfocused.

"Ammy...AMELIA!!"

"Yes?"

"What are you thinking about?"

"Nothing."

"I told you let's go somewhere and you said when. Are you okay?" he murmured so softly as he breathed on my neck. "It's your mom, isn't it?"

"Yeah.. I guess," I sigh.

He sighed and stood up giving me his hand to help me to my feet.

"Amelia Cooper, my beautiful warrior don't let anything stop that smile of yours that never fails to steal my heart ever disappear. Not for anyone. So put your chin up-" he gently lifted my chin so that I'm looking straight in his eyes. "-and never let that tiara fall off, princess." He smiles and cups my face. "Cause hell Amelia, that s*** is expensive."

I smile and he leans in and kisses me so softly and I'm soon melting in his arms, forgetting about everything except for us.

He pulls away and grins foolishly.

"Let's go!"

He drags me to his car and I can't stop smiling like an idiot.

-----------------

We drove past the trees.

"So are you free Sunday night?" Adam asked as we drove to the beach where we will 'have fun' and 'embrace ourselves' like Adam said.

"Well..no. I have a family 'reunion' party. And trust me when I say, you don't want to come, especially with Auntie Suzan and the twins showing up! Aghghgh...."

His lips curl into a smile.

"Maybe I want to come.."

I look into my lap and bite my lower lip.

"Maybe..."

I smile and feel like all the blood has travelled to my cheeks.

"Ha! I'll come then!" He pumped his fist on the steering wheel. "Oh! So my mom signed me up to a dance class and wants you to join me in...uh... dancing?" he cringed and I laughed.

"Something Mr.Perfect can't do!"

"Oh shut it!"

I laughed and he looked at me with his dazzling eyes that saved my soul.

One Blink.

Two Blinks.

BOOM!

A car hit his.

I remember seeing Adam's head hit the steering wheel and bounce back as blood gushed out from it.

I remember counting my heart beats before my throat tightened as I was thrown to the back of the car.

Everything happened in a millisecond.

For me, time seemed to stop when I saw Adam get carried away.

Darkness took over.

Ambulance sirens were all I could hear.

I opened my eyes as my vision turned from blurry to clear. I noticed a bed covered in a white blanket right next to mine. But that did not bother me.

The ambulance was so small. The place was so tiny.

It was too tight. Too tight. Too tight. Too tight.

The ambulance came to a screeching halt and I jolted up already wheezing.

Too tight. Too tight.

Nobody is here to save me. The door doesn't budge. I get up and bang on the door already feeling the adrenaline course around my body.

Too tight. Too tight.

I dare try the handle and to my surprise it was not locked. I open the door and stumble out of the ambulance fighting for oxygen. Soon I find myself in what looked like a car park. It was so empty and abandoned. So haunted.

I breathe and things started coming to perspective as questions filled my mind.

Where is Adam?

Where is my Adam? Could this be a trick?

I felt sick but it didn't seem like I had much choice. Or did I?

I decided to walk and ignore any fears. I mean what's the worst that can happen? Not much, right?

I walked through the convoluted place. Where the hell am I?

I hear a crackle and I freeze.

Okay that s*** is getting scary.

My heart was beating too much and my throat was too dry to utter a scream that has been suppressed for too long.

I decided I didn't want to look around. I didn't want to see how I'll end. I thought maybe it's better if I didn't know how I'll die.

Less painful.

I just had one last wish. I wanted to see Adam one last time. I wonder how will mom celebrate my death. I felt the tears slipping down my face.

Oh how I miss him now.

I heard footsteps towards me , but my stupid body won't budge. I close my eyes, ready to let go. A hand grabs my shoulder and I swallow hard.

I turn around shaking already to find Adam holding me. I lost myself and wrapped my arms around him as relief flooded through me. I cried in relief and joy. I found him!

Adam didn't react. He stood still as my sobs shattered the silence.

He was alive! ALIVE!!

I looked into his emerald eyes looking for hope, for life, but they were so lifeless. I never saw them like that before.

"Sorry, Amelia," was all he said before I realized what he was doing. He was tying my hands down.

"What are you d-doing A?" I asked in a soft voice engulfed by my sobs. I tried meeting his eyes, but to no avail. Something was off.

And I know it.

"Adam?", but he was already escorting me to a door. Unease and discomfort filled the air all of a sudden. What is Adam doing? is the only question in my head. Why is he like this? So distant and cold?

My heart sank when I saw a group of what looked like doctors standing as if waiting for my arrival. I looked up only to see Adam's clenched jaws. Fear grasped my heart with its cold hands as my legs shook as I was getting closer to the men.

"A?" I tried as I hiccuped a cry. He would never answer.

Wait wait wait...

His face.. is so smooth. No accident marks. Nothing. What does that mean? I could remember seeing the blood gush out of his forehead. I frowned.

'Here she is," Adam handed me to one of the men and I was floating confused. Screaming on the inside to wake Adam up.

'Anything else Michael?" one of the men said. Michael? I so perplexed, was crying my eyeballs out.

Michael, though?

"Nah, just put her in her assigned dorm," Adam replied solidly.

A stout man grabbed me so hard, I could feel my flesh squeezed between his fingers.

I cried out for Adam to help me, but my depths knew no despair. Adam glanced at me before turning his back to me and marched away. Feeling the weight on my heart I burst into tears. They were dragging me away. I fell on my knees and kicked trying to escape. I screamed frantically pleading for freedom. I screamed his name as the doctors whispered and chuckled to themslves.

My body felt so heavy to move as my vision went blurry.

I could only remember the betrayal's intensity that charred my heart and soul.

Forever.

Darkness followed.

I flutter my eyes open in a blank, bleak room. I sat up and examined the room I'm currently prisoned in.

1 small bed.

1 small closet.

1 small window.

1 toilet seat covered with drapes.

1 door.

I wasn't dreaming and honestly I don't know what's scarier, that I wasn't dreaming or that the door is opening to reveal the only person whom I loved and trusted wearing a badge with Dr. Michael on it.

I guess both.

I bring my knees to my chest as I watch him approaching me. I ignore the butterflies erupting in my stomach cause seemingly this is much bigger than I thought.

Oh how much I longed for his embraces and love that he is no longer capable of providing.

It hurts.

He stood there looking so sophisticated in a black suit and white coat. So handsome and irresistable. Sharp. His green eyes so deep yet so empty with emotions. His eyes were so distant and distracted. I wanted to bring him back to what was.

He stepped forward and I waited and waited and waited. He's so different, it's scary. All I know is that's not the Adam I fell for. Not him.

And I feel it.

"Morning, Amelia," he said almost smiling. Almost. Allllllmost.

He took out what looked like a notepad and a pen.

I looked at his dark, dark pink lips saying those words and felt my heart flutter.

"Uh.. Sorry for the harsh treatment yesterday, but I guess we had no other choice, for your disease has affected the way you acted--" he said smiling weakly. "Oh what a shame, I didn't introduce myself," he chuckled a bit and looked at me smiling, "I am Doctor Michael, your doctor. "He reaches with his hand and I unconcsiously shake it.

What is happening?

I have a disease? I am sick?

He is my doctor?

I feel so dizzy and non- existing .

"I must say I'm quite surprized as most of the patients with your case never shook my hand," he chuckles, "which means your treatment will be much easier than I thought--" he smiles.

"Wait--," I finally say, "I am sick?"

"It will take time for you to accept--" he tries but I interrupt him.

"Will I die? Do I have a few days to live?" I feel the weight of those words on my heart and feel tears fill my eyes.

He laughs so loudly, his eyes twinkling beautifully .

"No, you won't die. It's a mental illness that shall be--" he tries but I have too many questions to listen to him.

"I'm insane? Oh god--" I start whimpering.

"Not how I would describe your illness. You are not insane. Your disease is curable."

"What's my disease?" I roll my shaking hands into fists as I stare at him.

He takes out his glasses and puts them on.

He looks so--

"That's great! That's the first step towards accepting your disease. Befriending it," he smiles brightly.

I'm breathing so heavily now. In. Out. Easy.

"Schizophrenia. Simply, your mind will create imaginary characters to compensate to a dear loss to you. In your case, your father's loss when you were 14," he shifts and I listen. "Your mind couldn't handle this loss, taking into account that no one was supporting you in this period. In this case, I guess your imaginary character was Adam."

My breath stops and I look at him helplessly.

"How? How did you know Adam is imaginary? He can't be! Oh god!"

"Your mother filed you here saying you were speaking to nothingness. That was approved by your behavior yesterday."

My heart stops. Mom? It was mom?

Adam doesn't exist. Oh my god.

My heart, my heart, my heart.

Tears slip gracefully and my heart is siezing and tightening.

"Your mind will create different scenarios with a perfect person, perfect enough to keep you happy and sane after your loss. This is where I come. I'll help you overcome this disease. All I need is a little co-operation from your side, and you shall be great. Ofcourse you'll have to take your medicines and all," he smiles again.

I cry.

"You must be in a state of shock as your brain is confronted with the truth," he tells solidly and all I can think of is--

"How old are you?" I bite my fingernails as I blush.

He laughs louder than ever.

"I am 36. Married with 3 children. You are 17 with a bright future ahead of you," he winks and I hoped I could evaporate. "Anyway, it's time I left. Oh, you will make a lot of friends here. Be safe," he smiles one last time and leaves.

Oh. My. God.

I get up and sit in the corner of the room. I stare blankly feeling my world falling apart and I know I can do nothing about it. Nothing.

I look at a white bottle on my bed, Dr. Michael left for me and told me to take a pill before breakfast time which he said I will know. I look at it more and think of how my life can take such a sharp turn. The scariest part is that it's my choice: I can accept my disease and live happily, or I can make my disease get the better of me and watch myself crumple to nothingness.

Oh I wonder what mom is doing. Is she crying her eyeballs out? Is she missing me? Or did I even cross her mind?

Stupid girl, what am I thinking! Ofcourse she's off with her boyfriend not giving a s*** about me. Because.. well.. she's mom.

You know what, I blame it on her. My illness. She won't be guilty anyway. She chose to run away with her boyfriend to Brazil right after dad passed away, leaving me alone at home, thinking I could cope up with dad's death. She was cheating on him and no one knew.

She exceled her role.

Oh she--

"PATIENTS, YOUR DOORS WILL BE UNLOCKED AFTER A FEW MINUTES . GO OUT AND FIND THE FOOD COURT WHERE BREAKFAST IS DUE. THANK YOU," a female's voice blared breaking my chain of thoughts as I started looking at the source. Two tiny speakers in the ceiling.

I wipe away the tears and think that I should probably take revenge. In this case, my revenge will be my healing. I have to become healthy again. Now, being strong is my only chance to thrive. I walk determinedly and grab the white bottle. Open it. Take a pill. Examine it's orange and purple colour. Pop it in my mouth and swallow.

I take a deep breath and open the door.

Yes, this is the life I want. I CHOSE that.

I poke my head out only to have it hit with something hard. I open the door completely to find me staring at a short blonde staring back at me. I stared at her tight shirt and short, short, short skirt.

She picked her gum from her mouth and stretched it out, only to put it in her mouth again.

"I hit you," she said looking at me challengingly with her brown, milky eyes.

"Umm... yeah, I...uh... felt that," I say uneasily staring at the amount of accessories she was wearing.

"Yeah.. good," she smirked and played more with her gum. "You're new here. This dorm has been empty for months now," she raised her eyebrows and pointed at my dorm.

"Yeah," I said feeling kinda unwelcome.

"You're my new best friend," she suddenly grinned and held me from my arm. " You passed my test."

" Oh.." I laughed nervously and decided to be friendly and stop my socially awkward self from ruining everything.  "Yeah, sure!" I grinned widely not getting whatever she did.

"Great! I am Sydney, but call me Syd!" her dark red lips curled into a smile.

" I am Amelia, but call me Am!" I replied trying not to sound like the loser I am usually.

The hall where we were standing was empty with so many locked doors, which suddenly were ajar with so many people of so many shapes and sizes filing out and flooding the hall. I can't hide my amusement and blurt out, "Holy Molly!"

Syd chuckled and started tugging me towards what supposedly is the food court.

"All of us have breakfast in two batches. We are the second batch. In there, we are givin assigned seats. I think your seat will be Jessica's--" she suddenly stops and clears her throat, "--the one who was in that dorm before you," she was currently talking to the floor. " You usually sit beside whom live across of you."

I stop walking and gasp at the food court ahead of me. This is beautiful. It was more like a cafeteria where people stand in a line and get what they wanted. There where 4 long tables across the room. It was buzzing with life. People getting food. People munching noisily. People talking to themselves. People sleeping.

Got the image? Great!

"Amaziiiing isn't it?" I look at Syd who was trying to find my place.

"Yes, it really is!" I look at the seats trying to find empty ones. I really expected it to be more of an asylum with sloppy, greasy food where people picked their noses instead of looking like semi-normal humans.

"Yup, here it is!" she said pointing at a chair with my name on it.

"Oh yeah! Thank you so much!" I smile.

"Hey! Don't thank me for anything!" she says sharply the grin washed away from her face and my heart sinks. What the hell did I say?

"Uh..yeah sure," I cringe at my response and look at her to find her laughing. Okay that's wierd.

"It's just that I can't handle any sorries or thank yous," she said simply and patted me. "Anyyway, I gotta go and get to my seat. Buh-bye!" she said pivoting on her heels before she was gone.

"Bye," I whisper to myself and stand in the line waiting for my turn.

After so many "I swear I won't steal anything from you" that I had to say, to reassure a guy in front of me that I will never steal anything from him, my turn came and the guy went at the back of the line so no one was behind him. Poor him.

There isn't a wide variety of food, but I order some turkey sandwiches and coffee before returning to my seat. Better than nothing.

I sit down and sip on my coffee in peace, only to have a tray knocked over me. I close my eyes and feel orange juice running in my hair.

"OH MY GOD! I am terribly sorry!" I look up to find green eyes staring back at me. "I'm used for this seat to be empty and I don't... uh... deal well with....uh surprises."

I shut up trying to contain my anger, because this will mean that I MUST have a SHOWER.

Yeah, I'm a lazy ass b****. Go figure.

He bends down to pick up his sandwishes, hesitates, takes tissues from his pockets and starts putting it on my hair. I realize that he was trying to dry my hair and I no longer feel mad at him. I remind myself where I am.

An asylum. That's right.

"It's okay!" I tell him, and he stops looking so surprised.

"Oh! Okay," he takes the seat next to me and starts focusing on his food.

I shrug and start eating my sandwish. It tastes heavenly.

I finish my coffee and glance at who sat next to me. The seat to my right is empty and the one to my left has the person who spilled his juice over me. I glance at him to find him already staring at me.

He looks genuinely surprised and immediately shoots his hand infront of my face.

"Hello, I am Ryan Dean. No. Ryan Dean is my first name, but please call me Dean," he smiles c***ily.

I look at his hand and decide to shake it.

"I am Amelia, call me Am," I smile, and he grins.

"SO you have met the legend!" he points at himself and wriggles his eyebrows.

"Yeah right.. A legend who spills orange juice on girls," I smirk, and he raises his eyebrows

"You should be honoured, princess!" he hisses, and I laugh triumphantly .

"Whatever you say," I fire back.

"Stop creeping on girls!" a voice comes from his side. Then a head with brown hair and hazel eyes pops from next to Dean. God, they look very similar!

"Shut up Sammy!" Dean narrows his eyes and snaps at him. He then looks at my confused face. "Oh! That is my older brother, Sam!" he grins.

A hand reaches across the table and slaps Dean in the process to stop infront of my face. 

"Hello!" he says with his deep voice. "You're Amelia!"

I shake his hand and he pulls it back, slapping Dean again who was complaining about the first slap.

I smile to myself. Maybe staying here won't be so bad after all.

A whole week of breakfasts, lunches, dinners and Dr. Michael appointments has passed. A whole week of Dean, Sam and Syd helping me live and smile again. A whole week has passed with nothing new.

I am currently sitting on my bed waiting for Dr. Michael to come and 'study my beautiful disease'. Really, doctor? Really? I mean who calls a disease beautiful? Oh I forgot 'because it is a part of me and I have to embrace it' is what he says. BS, I tell you.

I sigh and then there were 3 light taps on the door and Dr.Michael came in smiling.

36? How unfair is life?! I sigh again and smile. And honestly that's the only thing I could think of, considering that he looked like the previous love if my life!

"Good afternoon, Amelia! How've you been?" he asks as he approaches me.

"Alive?" I raise my hands and then drop them by my side again.

"Mmm.. I guess you must be bored? Have you made any new friends?" he says putting his glasses on and staring at me.

"Umm .. Actually I did! They're great! They're Sam, Ryan Dean and Sydney," I smile feeling proud of them.

"Mmm.. That's great, Amelia!" he grins.

"Doctor Michael?" I ask and cringe immediately. "Will I...uh...see Adam again?" I ask him scared of the answer.

"Well.. there is a possibility ofcourse, but if you take your pills and all, then no," he smiles reassuringly.

"Uh.. What shall I do if I see him again?" I ask again.

He smiles and shifts examining me. I shift uncomfortably under his gaze.

"Ignore his presence," he simply says and I feel depressed.

"Ignore him?"

"You mean 'ignore it?'. Remember, he is a nothing. A shadow of your pain. You have to ignore it and let it go. I'm not saying it'll be easy, but it won't be as hard as holding to something that isn't real," he looked at me sympathetically and my eyes dropped to my laps.

"I guess so.." I murmur and sigh defeated.

"Anyway, cheer up grumpy grandma! I have news for you!"

"Yeah?" I look up interested and smile weakly.

"You'll have a ROOMMATE!" he said excitedly.

"A roommate?" I repeat dumbfounded. "Like how?"

"Someone who will share your dorm," he smiled and patted me encouragingly.

"My roommate has the same disease?" I ask curious.

"Oh, no. Not necessarily," he smiles. "Anyway," he straightens his white coat, "I came to deliver the news. Good luck!" he smiles, winks and leaves.

I will have a roommate! I think that should be fine. As long as he/she isn't afraid of people or have some condition that won't make me feel safe. Or what?

I sigh and lay on my bed. I sleep.

--------------

I wake up on the sound of knocking. I adjust myself quickly and get up to unlock the door. A stout man is facing me. Oh no, my roommate.

"Were you informed that you will have a roommate?"

I rub my hair, "Uh..yeah?"

"Great! Can we please make some adjustments to your room?"

Phew... he isn't my roommate. I mean, he looks like a father with his big moustache. I'm not trying to judge, but c'mon, it should be okay if I had some high expectations.

"Uh...Yeah sure!" I stood aside as he called some other people to help him bring in some of the..uh... things.

I watched as they brought in a bed and a closet.

They all left except for the stout man who called someone from outside and told him to come in.

I wait in bated breath almost bursting with anxiety.

He comes in.

I gasp.

I stare at his tall figure. He is wearing pale blue baggy jeans and a crimson hoodie. I look at the brown hair appearing from under his hood and smile friendly.

He won't stop looking at the ground. He won't stop staring at it.

I look at his hands holding a recorder.

He won't look at me. He won't stop pressing the replay button.

I look at his earphones. I want to snatch it away.

I let out a breath I didn't realize I was holding. I can't stand the quiet.

"Ummm...Hello?" I ask, but I'm too stupid to realize he isn't hearing, because he's wearing his earphones. I wave my hands to bring him to earth.

He suddenly jerks up his head and I gasp.

Okay. He. Is. Beautiful.

I look into his pale blue eyes with red, red, red rims. His flawless pale, pale skin.

Beauty.

He removes his earphones and looks at me. I feel so self-consious and shift uncomfortably.

"I am sorry," he almost whispers and clears his throat. "I didn't know you were here," he says a little louder in his British accent.

Why bish you blind?

I feel humiliated and mad at him. I mean, I prepared and was too excited for his arrival. Seemingly, he doesn't even care.

Ok, roommate.

"Which bed do you sleep on?" he asks catiously.

Care to introduce yourself at least?

"The one next to the window," I say raising my eyebrows.

"Can I take your bed, please? I can't sleep unless, I'm next to a window," he says looking at the ground again.

I think and remember that he too must have a mental issue.

Something to do with windows Is that even a thing?

I sigh and nod.

"Thank you," he says solidly,  and heads for his bed, brushing by me.

I stand there feeling useless,  and decided that I hated my roommate for making this difficult for me.

I go to the new bed and sigh. I cover myself with the sheets and peek to look at my roommate. He's holding his recorder and pressing on the replay button.

I wonder what's he listening to.

I watch him put down hia hoodie and ruffle his dark brown hair, before he lied down.

I soon lose track of what he was doing and fall asleep.

------------------------

"Roommate! Roommate!" I hear someone calling me. I look to the other side and open my eyes to utter darkness.

"Yes?" I say grumpily.

"Can we t-talk? I c-can't sleep," said a deep British voice.

"SO YOUR LOGIC SAYS WAKE HER UP!" I bellow angrily as I sit up.

He looks surprised and gulps.

"I am sorry," he backs away from my bed. "So sorry," he sits on his bed and looks straight ahead.

Creep.

I lay down again, take a deep breath, turn on my other side and sleep.

I feel the sunlight rays teasing me to wake up. I fidge a little, stretch and, finally, sit up. I rub my eyes and remember that I'm not alone. I snap my neck towards my roommate's direction to find him sitting in the same position of yesterday's. Sitting on the edge of his bed, hands clasped and staring straight ahead. I gasped.

He looked up and smiled weakly.

"Morning," he muttered.

"You didn't sleep?" I asked turning to face him.

"I can't sleep," he breathed and shrugged. "I'm okay, though. I'm used to it," he said looking at his recorder. "Okay. First of all, let me apologize for acting like a complete arse yesterday. I am sorry."

I look at him curiously and smile shrugging.
"It's okay."

He then grinned showing his pointed canines. "I even forgot to introduce myself," he chuckled, "I'm Aaron, your roommate! And I'm much more lively than you think I am."

I chuckled awkwardly as I looked in his bottomless pale blue eyes.

"I'm Amelia and you look very pale," I commented. It struck that his eyes were so red. Probably because he didn't sleep. "So why couldn't the star boy sleep? Not used to sleeping elsewhere, but your home next to mommy?" I said teasingly.

His smile faltered and my heart fell to my lap. What the hell did I utter?

"I don't," he replied sharply not giving in and glanced at his old recorder again. "I don't sleep next to mom."

Woah, chill! I was joking!

"What's with that--" but I was interrupted by the lady's voice announcing breakfast. "That's breakfast! I'm starving, aren't you?"

He smiled again and I sighed in relief. He then ran his fingers in his messy hair and bit his lower lip in focus.

His pink, pink, pink lips.

"Let's go!" he exclaimed and I got up and readied myself. By readying myself , I meant having a 5 minutes shower and combing my hair which was a hot mess. I popped a pill in mouth and headed to the door--

"Wait!" Aaron called and I turned around. "Will you..uh...help me...uh...tie my.... shoelaces?" he said and cringed, while I laughed. "Shut up! Many people lack that useless ability, so don't undermine me!" he defended himself while I tied it for him.

"All done!" I got up and dusted off my hands.

We finally left the room.

---------

After having run into Syd and introducing her to Aaron, we were finally in the food court.

"Wow!" Aaron breathed. I looked up at him, but he was still studying the court. "I thought we will be treated like homeless, mental people," he smirked and looked down at me. (Yeah pretty much, he is very tall and I am short.) "This is so diversely beautiful!" he grinned. Wow, this made him so happy. I am happy.

"C'mon," Syd dragged us to our seats. "Aaron haven't you seen people eat before?" she started lecturing.

"Wha-" he tried, but she continued.

"You're looking like as if people here are flying or are in some wonder land!" she pinched her eyebrows and he laughed.

He LAUGHS. I laughed too. Because apparently, Syd is hungry and wants to leave to get food, but being the sweetheart she is, she insisted on showing the place around to Aaron. But Aaron is not helping. He keeps stopping midway, staring at people and gasping excitedly. So yeah...

"Here you go!" finally we reached our designated seats and Syd left us almost immediately.

"This place is so cool!" Aaron clapped his hands excitedly and I rolled my eyes.

"Aaron. It's just a food court, just like a normal cafeteria!"

We then headed to the queue and stood in it to order our food. After almost half an hour of bickerings between us which went like--

"Aaron, no one breaks their fast by noodles and meatballs! This is for lunch! How about some pancakes?"

"No! I'm getting my noodles! I'm a free person! Besides what are you ordering?"

"A turkey sandwish, like a normal being? Ever heard of that?"

"Oh shut your hole! Besides, if it's on the menu, then it was meant to be served for breakfast!"

"Fine!" I say defeated.

At the end however, my guess was right, it was for lunch and Aaron ended up grumpily carrying back a dish of pancakes and orange juice. We sat in our seats and started digging in our food.

For your information, Dean and Sam always come late, so the two seats beside me were empty.

I sipped on my coffee and sighed.

"PRINCEEESSSSSSS!!!" someone cried and I got up. Dean was here.

"HEYYYY!!" I greeted him back as he engulfed my in a bear hug and squeezed me.

"Hello!" Sam exclaimed shaking my hands. "How've you been?" he asked and I shrugged.

"Just perfect!" I grinned. "Meet my new roommate!"

"YOU GOT A ROOMMATE! COOOOL!" Dean bellowed and I looked around seeing that everyone was staring at us. We were just a...uh... bit loud.

Aaron astonished at the scene, got up and shook their hands.

"I'm Aaron!" he said simply.

"I'M RYAN DEAN, BUT CALL ME DEAN!"

"I'm Sam, Ryan's older brother!" Sam smiled at him, "Nice to meet you, Aaron. You a bit off colour?"

"Oh, no, I'm perfectly fine!" he smiled and they all took their places.

I glanced at Aaron who was grinnig foolishly at his orange juice.

We all head back to our dorms and say our goodbyes. Aaron sits on his bed and I sit on mine.

"That wasn't bad." he smiled.

"Yeah."

"So what do you do in the rest of the day?"

"Well, I usually wait for Dr.Michael for a checkup.. Oh! By the way, why are you here? I mean there must be you know, something wrong with you," I say curiously.

"Uh.. I still don't know," he looks away and glances at his recorder.

"What's with that?" I ask referring to his recorder.

"That?" he holds his recorder. "It's a recorder."

"Well, duh, ofcourse it is," I roll my eyes. "I mean why do you keep glancing at it, it's not like someone will steal it or something."

"Why are you here?" he asks almost immediately.

Smooth subject change.

"Me? Well it's more of I see imaginary people," I say looking in my laps. I still haven't fully recovered from the shock.

"Imaginary people like, Captain Jack Sparrow or Spiderman? Damn that's a cool disease!" he chuckles and I glare at him.

He shuts up. " Sorry," he holds his hands up in defence.

"Ofcourse not! Schizophrenia.  My mind creates those characters to compensate for a loss in my life. That's what the doctor said. In my case it was my dad's loss and my mom-" I stop myelf before revealing to much. "That's pretty much it."

"That's complex, but I still don't quiet get it," he says lying on his bed with a sigh.

I sigh. "Well, I had an imaginary boyfriend since I was 14. No wonder why people gave me those wierd glances when I was around him. Imagine talking to yourself all those years. My mind is powerful enough to create a masterpiece. Isn't it sad?" I feel the words on my tongue and feel much lighter that I have someone to share my woes with.

"Imagine you kissing yourself all those times!" he exclaimed and laughed, but quickly says, "But, yeah, yeah, it must've been an ordeal. I'm sorry," he sighs.

I look at him in disbelief.

"So do you still see him around, your imaginary boyfriend?"

"No, I take those," I point at my medicine and he nods.

He jolts up from his bed and looks at me.

"Amelia, I really like your red hair," he looks at me in wonder and I flush.

"Geeeee, thanks, that was so random, but nice of you," I say again looking at my lap.

"Roommates don't normally compliment each other, do they?" he asked.

"No, Aaron, they don't," I laughed and layed on my bed.

---------------

Dr.Michael came and said he was happy we were "bonding", unlike other patients with our conditions. He said we should be careful with our medicines and all. Aaron was so discrete about his condition and will never tell me no matter how many times I bring up the topic. He would simply glance at his recorder and bite his lips. It's annoying at times because I told him about my condition, but he didn't.

Dr.Michael said that every Friday, all the patients meet up in an activity room where we get to have 'normal' lives. (Watch TV and all.) So we both are looking forward to tomorrow.

We had lunch (yes, Aaron got his noodles and started bragging about how handsome he was to the extent that they allowed 'only' him noodles. Which is a lie, because many people were having noodles). Dinner then followed and the day ended just like that.

I lay on my bed and Aaron lays on his looking through the window. The moonlight illuminatd his face beautifully.

I wonder what's going on in his mind. If only I can read thoughts. If only he'd let me in. I know something's up with him. Ofcourse there is. I mean, he won't be here if there wasn't something. And I can't wait to find out.

I sighed and closed my eyes.

It was a long day.

I wake up on the sound of Aaron singing in the shower and I stifle my laughter.

"OUR LOOOOVE AIN'T WATER UNDER THE BRIDGGGE. IT'S SO COOOOLD OUT HERE. HERE. HERE. IN YOUR WILDERRNESS. NESS. NESS," he suddenly barged out with only a towel on his waist. I gasp and he gasps. He had a perfect body. We both gasp and I cover my eyes. I hear him chuckle.

"It's okay now, I'm fully dressed," I removed my hands to see an Aaron with a dark blue hoodie and black baggy jeans. He smirks as he flattens his dark brown wet hair.

"You know, I used to make all the girls back at school nervous. But none of them made me nervous," he smiled c***ily and I rolled my eyes. "Don't roll your eyes, for you need them to see this masterpiece," he pointed at himself and I rolled my eyes again and laughed.

"Shut up and by the way, I didn't know that you are a fan of Adele," I winked and he blushed so slightly, but I saw it.

I saw it.

"Can't a guy be a fan of whoever without getting constantly undermined?" he said pointedly and I laughed.

"You know what. You looked so innocent. Like sooooo innocent with the pale blue eyes and the pale skin, but I guess I shouldn't judge a book by its cover," he smirks and sits next to me on my bed.

"I told you I was more lively than I looked like. I even used to be one of the guys who could get any girl by a glance. And I bet my charm is already working," he winks and scoots closer to me.

"Ew," I slap his arm. "We are here only roommates because of our mental illnesses. Respect that."

"That doesn't mean we can't be bedmates," he scoots even closer, wriggled his eyebrows and winked.

"EWWW! Stop!" I get up and look down at him. "Here, we were meant to get cured from our disease and say our bye byes-"

"To your virginity," I look at him shocked as he sat there hands clasped between his legs grinning at me teasingly like a kid.

"Unbelievable!" I say trying my best not to laugh at his dirty mindedness.

The female's voice FINALLY blared, saving me from this dirty thing sitting on my bed.

"Well it's time to leave!" he says jolting up.

------------------------------

After our normal breakfast, we were escorted by some other doctors to the activity room Dr.Michael told us about.

It was nothing short of fantastic!

It was so colourful and lively. There were several seats, couches, sofas and even hammocks. In the middle of it all was a blank white wall with a projector infront of it. Then there were thoses big baskets full of candy, chocolates and---

"M&Ms OH MY GOD!" Aaron clapped his hands excitedly and I laughed as he rushed towards them leaving me alone. I walked forward bumping into a guy.

"Watch it b****!" he said venomously and pushed me on the floor. I got up furiously.

"What the hell is your problem! You are the one who walked into me!" I yelled at him poking my finger in his chest before pushing him hard so he fell on the floor.

His piercings-full face scrunched up at me. He got up and raised his hands to punch me. I gasped as I was pulled back and handed 10 packets of M&Ms. I looked back to see Aaron holding back his punch.

"Men. Do. Not. Hit. Girls. And honestly I don't want a bad reputation to my gender. Wanna hit a girl, call her man. I am hers and I thought you wanted to lay a finger on her. So just as a lesson," Aaron glanced at me smirking, licked his lower lip, and smacked him in the face.

YOU GO AARON!!

Aaron backed away and looked at the other guy challengingly. He sat there wiping the blood from his nose looking at Aaron with so much hatred I thought he would explode. Aaron grabbed my hand furiously and dragged me behind a wall, ignoring all the looks we were getting.

"WHY DID YOU GET INVOLVED WITH HIM?" he yelled at me.

"He pushed me!" I said crossly frowning at him.

"He could've KILLED YOU! We are in a frigging asylum! WE DO NOT get involved with people here like this!" he roared angrily as his veins popped from his temples.

"So you expect me to get pushed around normally and get up like life is just as beautiful? What's got into you?!" I spat out my words.

"You know what? Go ahead. Push people around, but don't come crying when someone punches the s*** out of you!" he stormed off and my mouth stayed open in disbelief.

How dare he underestimate my abilities?

I stand there in amusement with the 10 packets of M&Ms shoved in my hands, which he returns to take them and leave.

I emerge from behind the wall.

Fine Aaron. You started it.

My eyes search for him as I see him laughing with Syd, Dean and Sam.

AND HE STOLE MY FRIENDS!

ASSHOLE!

I breathe deeply and decided to act cool as I approached them.

"ALOHA!" I say and they all turn to look at me except for Aaron. I grind my teeth annoyed at his behaviour.

"Princess where have you been?" Dean comments first before engulfing me into a bear hug.

"No where!" I say glancing at Aaron who won't give in.

Okay, something about me, I am an attention seeking person and if he didn't look at me I'm going to explode.

"Today is a girl's Friday where we girls decide a movie. So no X-men," Syd announced looking at bickering Sam. "And no Avengers," Syd looked at scowling Dean, "And sure as hell no Fast and Furious," Syd raised her eyebrows at smirking Aaron. I sigh.

"How about Barbie movies!!" I blurt out as Aaron groaned.

150 points GRYFFINDOR!

"BRILLIANT!" Syd squeled as Dean and Sam slapped their foreheads.

Apparently Syd is in control of the DVD thing. She managed
to shush everyone down as my eyes caught the guy Aaron punched stuffing tissues to his still bleeding nose.

The movie begins and I glance at Aaron who sat grumpily tucking into his M&Ms. I smile triumphantly to myself.

After watching the Barbie movie, I see people heading to a new room. I watch them curiously until Dean's voice comes booming.

"C'mon yall it's PLAYING TIME!!!"

Sam bump fists Dean as Syd smiles enthusiastically.
I blink dumbly, not really understanding. I dare take a peek at Aaron who is also as blank as I am. I look away immediately and focus on what's happening.

"Oh! I forgot the newbies!" Dean looked at us and clasped his hands. "You see, this room is a room from heaven! It's where we get to play some arcade COOL games!! You guys will LOVE it!!"

"The fun part is that we always have competition. Especially when playing the FOOLER!! It's a real challenge!!" Sam says excitedly.

I smile challengingly and look at smirking Aaron.

It's on.

"Hell YEAH!! Let's get it rolling!!" I say as we all head into the room.

It was beating with life. The sounds of the electronics filled the place. There are games with long queues. There are people who stand at a game staring at it. There are some people picking their noses while watching their opponent win them (their opponents actually celebrate the win). Then I remember I am surrounded by people with issues.

We make our way through the crowd to the one and only game. THE FOOLER.
A big sign with its name is hung next to it. There was absolutely no one playing it.

"Uh.. Dean? There's no one playing it." Aaron says dissappointedly.

"That's the point!! People here are too dumb to try it. Xavier does sometimes though and a couple of others." Dean butts in defending his game.

"That was mean!" Syd said glaring at Dean. "It's just that this game requires more able people to perform it."

"That's literally what I said!" Dean says rolling his eyes.

"No! You said people were dumb!" Syd sneered back and we all shut up.

"Well..uh.. let's start that s***. Starting with me vs Syd! I always win just that you know," Dean winks at me. "Watch us play. Your turn is the next."

Dean hits a yellow button and the machine roars to life. It was so big. Big enough for two to barge in.

Dean and Syd stepped inside the game where they were separated by a wall. In front of each were 5 basket balls. I watched them think before grabbing at a ball and then shooting it into the basket.

"Only 1 out of those five balls is a real ball. The rest are virtual. There are 3 rounds. If you grab the right ball you get a point and if it goes through the basket you get another point. If you picked a virtual ball, you lose all the round's points." Sam explains pointing at them as we nod understanding.

It's apparent that Syd is winning, looking at the screen showing the score. I could see Dean swearing furiously under his breath.

I glanced at Aaron hoping I could remove that smirking smile from his face.

After 3 rounds they both emerge out with Syd sticking her tongue out at Dean who ignores her.

"Who loses gets to do whatever the winner wants, so yeah buckle up. Here Syd will let Dean do something she would love to see him do," Sam says laughing at Dean's grave look.

Syd high fives me and ushers me into the game. I glance at Aaron.... so confident...so charming.

I hate him.

I suck in a breath and say my prayers. I've got to win this.

I see the 5 balls looking identical in front of my face.

F***.

I blink, my hands hovering over them. This depended on luck mainly and didn't require any 'high abilities'. I closed my eyes and chose the third ball.

IT'S REAL!

I smile happily and aim it at the basket. That shouldn't be a problem as I used to play basketball when I was in school. I throw the ball and score!

I don't know how Aaron's doing. Whatever it is, I hope it is bad.

It's the second round and I decided to go for the first ball, but I heard a buzz sound. I lost.

S***.

It's the last round and I decided to go for the fourth ball, keeping my fingers crossed. It's a real ball!!
I smile triumphantly and throw the ball perfectly!! Hell yeah!!

I felt I did well.

But I have never been so wrong.

Aaron won.

HE DIDN'T MISS A SINGLE ONE!!

I smile refusing to give Aaron the pleasure of me looking like a loser.. which I apparently am, by showing my pissed off face.

I saw Aaron high fiving Sam and Dean and I never wanted to roll my eyes ever so much.

"So.." Sam rubbed his hands eying us all, "it's the consequece time!!" Sam smiled wickedly and I hoped I could sublimate. "Syd's challenging Dean and Aaron's challenging Amelia!"

"Aren't you playing?" I say not liking his waaaaay toooo positive approach.

"Nah.. it is my turn to be judge today." He smiles innocently. "So.. who's first?" He raises his eyebrows as I feel Aaron's stare boring HOLES into me.

Here I come to you Aaron served on a plate for your advantage.

Bon Apètit..

After playing a couple of more games, we headed outside and decided it's high time we returned to our dorms.

"Oooh! The consequence!" cried Sam.

OFCOURSE HE HAD TO REMEMBER!

I closed my eyes dreadfully finding Aaron staring at me in deep concentration. Dean sweared under his breath sending his brother an 'are you serious now' look.

"Mmm... I dare you to go right now and tell Becca how you feel about her," Syd smiled wickedly looking at Dean who has gone pale.

"Becca who?" he said pinching his eyebrows.

Syd narrowed her eyes and gave him a 'you know who exactly that hoe is' look.

"Alright...alright... I know her, but you know I can't," Dean said effortly looking as pale as ever.

"Dean you have been here for like 5 years. You are nearly 25! You have never had a girlfriend!! You really should make a move!" I watched them in silence and raised my eyebrows.

5 YEARS?!?! WOAH..
I guess that depends on his condition which I never knew.

"I c-c-can't Syd. I'm too scared," out of nowhere he starts stuttering looking helplessly at me and Aaron.

"Sydney-" Aaron starts gently but she cuts him off.

"No Aaron.. he has to do it. He will never get cured then!" she says frowning at him.

"Why are you so scared?" I find myself finally uttering. "She's just a girl!"

"No. No. No. She'll reject me. She'll tell me that I'm insufficient. I have never been enough for anyone. They all said that to me," he said his face white as he shakes with... fear?

"Sweetheart, what if she doesn't reject you? What if she tells you she feels the same?" Syd said looking at him sympathetically as she glanced at Sam who was working his jaws.

"The doctor said the medicine should be doing something," his face crunched up with concern for his brother. "I don't know what to do!" He said looking at his shaking, helpless brother.

I glanced at Aaron who was frowning in deep focus.

Uh-oh. The night turned sour.

"I really think you guys should give him some space," Aaron suggests seriously. "I mean give him his time to-"

"5 years Aaron! 5 frigging YEARS!" Sam blows up. "He's not getting any better. His fear of rejection has been a stumbling block wherever he heads!"

"I really don't think the cure is by FORCING him to do it!" Aaron says clearly vexed. "I know how it feels to be so scared of something and trust me when I say.. It. Is. Terrible," he steps towards him cautiously as Syd watches in astonishment. "You don't know how it feels to be confined by fear. It becomes your shadow. Fear is a bastard. It's like the anchor holding you down... drowning you... making you beg for mercy when all you are trying to do is stay afloat. That.. that's fear. That's the thing your BROTHER is fighting. AND NO ONE CAN HELP! HE HAS TO SAVE HIMSELF FROM IT... before it destroys him," he takes a few steps back looks at Sam and smiles as he pants, "You don't get it do you? You can do NOTHING about it!" he bellows and turns to leave grabbing my arm with him.

Heyyy--

I look at his hand astonished he even acknowledged my presence. I tried to shake it off but his grip was too tight. I took a final glance seeing Sam hugging his shaking brother as Syd watches them with concern, then I was sharply dragged to my dorm.

He never spoke to me all the way back as I was dragged grumpily.

We finally reached and he let go of me.

He went to his bed and sat there clutching his head in his hands.

"Well that was a good speech!" I say trying to sound cheerful, but he didn't look up. " So you dragged me ALLLLL THE WAY from there to see you clutch your head?" I say in disbelief.

"You never complained. You never tried to escape," he simply said his head still clutched.

"I DID!" I scoff at his words.     "You were holding me too strongly!" I place my hands on my hips and he finally looks up.

He looks exhausted.

His eyes were so red as he looked up at me with pursed lips.

What's got into him?

"Well?" I say," Why did you drag me along if you were opting for silent treatment?" I ranted and stared at him but to no avail.

He just stared back.

I scoff and head back to bed.

"Amelia?" I heard my name and sat up attentively immediately.

"Switch off the lights," he winked and layed down leaving me grinding my teeth.

Asshole.
Assbreath.
Asswipe.
Ass.

I get up furiously and hit the light buttons and return back to bed SUPER annoyed I could KILL him.

And I will enjoy it.

I need to pee.

I ignore my need for another 5 minutes of heavenly sleep, but the urge to pee doubles. I groan and get up, not minding hitting my tiny toe with the edge of my bed.

Good morning to you too, bed.

I swear under my breath and head immediately to the washroom, my eyes half open.

After having a shower, I step out with a towel wrapped around my body. I look around. There is no one in the room exept for me.

I shrug and head to my closet grabbing a yellow t-shirt and black sweatpants. I take a pill and comb my hair.

Where on earth is Aaron?

I sigh and sit on his bed. Only then did I see his recorder abandoned on the corner of his bed. Curiousity fills me up as I reach out for it. I examine it. It's a really old recorder. I let my finger touch all the buttons, until it stops at the replay button. I take a deep breath and click on it.

"Rock-a-bye, baby,

In the tree top.

When the wind blows,

The cradle will rock.

When the bough breaks,

The cradle will fall,

And down will come baby,

Cradle--"

It's a NURSE rhyme?! He has been listening non-stop to a frigging nurse rhyme?! I sigh as I tried playing with the other buttons, but there is absolutely nothing on it. Only then Aaron barges into the room with his back facing me and I immediately throw away the recorder in surprize. I felt my heart racing in my chest as I was that close to being caught.

He comes in laughing and telling goodbyes to apparenly Sydney. I get up immediately.

What the hell happened?

He closes the door behind him and faces me. He looks shocked at first but then he recovers to his smirk.

That guy keeps looking worse and paler than ever.

"How did you-" I start, but he interrupts.

"You missed breakfast," he simply shrugged.

"How come you didn't wake me up?" I say infuriated. Okay, I get it. I pissed him off, but he is treating me like a piece of s***.

"Last time I did, you snapped at me!" he said with mischief in his eyes.

"ARE. YOU. EVEN. SERIOUS?" I sneer at him advancing on him.

"Positive," he smirks and I'm about to pull my hair out.

"CLEARLY, you do NOT care if I needed to eat right after taking my medicine, because YOUR HIGHNESS is mad at me for some BULLSHIT! You are acting like a 5 year old!" he laughed and I put my hands on my hips. "So you find this funny, eh?" I point my finger at his chest angrily.

He takes my finger laughing harder.

"You are the worst ranter ever," he smiles widely and I grab my finger away. "Firstly I'm acting like the 19 years old I am. Secondy, you are overreacting!"

"I am overreacting?" I say breathing through my nose. "The doctor said I should eat after taking my medicine!"

"It's okay bubble, one day won't make a difference," he sighed exasperatedly.

Did he just call me a bubble?

"Did you just call me a bubble?" I say my eyebrows raised.

"Well you are one! You are easy to... 'pop'," he wriggled his eyebrows and continued.
"In other words, you get vexed really quickly," he turned around to his bed slowly smiling.

What the hell? This is despicable!

I stood taken aback by his comment.

"What kind of reference is that?" I sneer at him as he sat on his bed grinning. "Can't you just stop smiling?!!" I say between clenched teeth, but he smiled even more raising his eyebrows.

"You see, I can't. Something about seeing you ranting at me... turns me on... you know?" he winked and I gasped in disgust.

"Go to hell!" I bellowed and he looked at me intensely making me flinch.

"I'm working on it," he winks and lays down on his bed putting his earphones and listening to his recorder.

Totally and utterly defeated, I sit on my bed. I can't escape from that thing lying on the bed next to mine.

------------------------------------

I don't know what's supposed to happen if I didn't eat after medicine. I mean not much, right?

I walk to the window next to his bed and open it. There isn't much to see except for the sky. It was truly magnificent with its blues and whites. Besides that, there was an empty pathway. Anyone can run away as far as I'm concerned.

I sigh and look behind me at sleeping Aaron. He looks angelic.

Little, decieving prick.

He breathes gently with his hand clutching his recorder. I reach out to his recorder, but his eyed shot open. On a closer look, he looked drained, especially with the blackness that started forming under his eyes. He looks at me alarmedly and I quickly back away.

"What are you doing here?" he said seriously and I blabbered.

"I was- I was looking through the window," I say not meeting his intense pale blue eyes.

"You were looking through the window," he repeated thoughtfully and I panicked. I tried my best not to show it though. I nervously picked at a thread in my shirt. "Well?" he asked and I stared dumbfounded.

"Well, what?" I say 'casually' and 'coolily'.

"What were you doing here?" he repeated his previous question, looking exceptionally calm as he sat up. He glanced at my hand playing with the thread and I stopped.

"I told you I was looking through the window! If you don't want to believe me then suit yourself!" I swear I don't even know how I said that.

He looked at me indifferently. "I do believe you!" He c***ed his head to the left and stared at me, "But do you?"

"Huh?" I dare look him in the eyes.

"But do you believe yourself?" he got up and I panicked.

"I-I- uh... What is your problem?! I said what I have to say!"

"Well did I say anything?" he pinched his eyebrows.

"You are acting as if I was lying!" I say trying not to look guilty.

"God forbid such a thing! Ofcourse you weren't lying! Let's just say... you were not saying the truth."

S***.

I bite my lips and look up into his eyes, which was...well.. plain stupid.

His face is solid, smile wiped away. I froze.

He was too close for me to breathe properly.

"Who told you I'm lying?" I sneer knowing that I lost anyway. He doesn't answer, he looks in my eyes more. Feeling uneasy under his gaze, I gulp. "Well?"

He stepped closer to me and I took a corresponding step backwards.

"Well, for starters, you are a really bad liar. You gulp, not maintain eye contact, take too many breaths, you name it. Secondly, your eyes are so transparent. I can tell how you are feeling. Thirdly," he takes a breath, looks down, then looks in my eyes, "I don't sleep. OK? I can't sleep. I saw you, but you didnt notice. That's why you were lying miss," he smirks and I feel so embarassed. Like so, so embarassed.

"Anyway," he shifts and moves away towards his bed and I breathe. I am speechless. "-if my recorder has caused you so much interest," he turns facing me. "You can see it," he hands it to me, looking intensely in my eyes. "-if you haven't already."

S***, I have.

I look surprised at how at ease he was. Anyway, it's just a nursery rhyme. No biggie.

I don't take the recorder and he raises his eyebrows.

"Speaking," he fake coughs .    "-of," fake coughs again. "-privacy," fake coughs again.

I cringed and decided that being honest is the best way of getting out of the deep s*** I just walked into.

"Er...Sorry?" I wince and he smiles.

"Sorry for what?"

"For taking a look at your recorder... AND for getting involved with...uh...people to fight for MY right," I sigh defeated and look down.

I feel ashamed of myself.

"It's okay! Apology accepted!" he grins.

"I have a question though," I finally find my voice again. He looks at me curiously and nods for me to continue. "Why? Why keep listening to a nurse rhyme? "

He looks at me as if expecting my question.

"We are all different. Your crazy is my reality. It might seem stupid, but don't judge," he sighed and rubbed his eyes, which reminds me...

"Aaron, your eyes...they look exhausted. I mean, if I were you I'd be worried. You're even starting to have this blackness around them."

He blinks as if surprised by my statement.

"I mean maybe you should check with Dr. Michael," I say studying his beautiful eyes.

"Maybe..." was all he said, before lying on his bed and giving me his back.

I sigh and sit on my bed contemplating life.
-----------

I am walking in an abandoned corridor. There are doors all around me. All locked.

I walk more until I find an unlocked door. I stand still not daring to move. I hear voices from the inside. Whispers.

"How long has he got? "

"Not too long," replied a raspy voice quickly.

I'm frozen to my spot. I don't know why.

"What about her? " said the same raspy voice.

"She'll live."

"Maybe you should call her. She should come and see her father at least one last time," said the raspy voice.

Then I heard the clicking of high heels. My breath hitched in anticipation. Then she came into view.

She smiled.

"Dear, where have you been," she said looking at me with tears filling her eyes. "Come in, dear, its time. It's time you saw your father one last time."

I gulped. She smiled.

She grabbed my hands and dragged me in the room. So many machines. So many sounds.

So many memories.

My dad lied still on a bed engulged by machines and occasional beeps. My heart sank at his destitute condition. It broke my heart when I realized that it may be the last time I see him breathing.

A doctor remains in a corner watching me silently. Mom is by my side speaking on her phone queitly. I approach his bed. Peaceful. He seemed finally at peace. I hold his hands rubbing it gently and I start to whimper.

Those hands.

I could hear mom tsking sympathetically. I longed for seeing his smile. Hearing his voice for one last time. I want to do so many things I can't. So many things before he flies away.

I'm not ready.

I look between dad's rising and falling chest and the beeping monitor on the other side in fear.

He slowly opened his eyes, looked in my eyes and raised his index finger. He tried smiling, but he went in a coughing fit.

"Remember," he muttered again and again. "Remember, I love you, my little mermaid." I take a sharp breath and tighten my hands around his as tears spill from my eyes.

Before I know the beeping stopped and so did his chest movement.

He's gone. Forever.

Feeling like my tongue was paralyzed, I blindally shook dad's hands as if to wake him up.

I didn't know he was sleeping. His forever sleep.

I needed to scream. I feel my heart being ripped out. I see the doctor's hand approaching and I slap his hand away, lunged at dad and hugged him as I screamed feverishly. I lost my dad. Again.

Last I saw was mom's smirk as I was shook awake by powerful hands.

"WAKE UP AMELIA! It's okay.. It's okay.. It's okay...I got you now..I got you."

I look at my shaking hands and feel the tears roll down my cheeks as I pant.

"Just a nightmare," I looked into Aaron's eyes pouring at me and I just broke down at the tenderness in them.

"Oh god," he kept muttering as he hesitantly wrapped his arms around me and started patting my hair. "It's okay, I got you. Don't cry please. I'll cry too, then."

I have relived my dad's death.
I feel the hum of his heart beating so fast. I steal his warmth as I try to calm down.

It's too dark, I can hardly see Aaron on my bed.

Fresh tears kept spilling from my eyes. My heart is beating outrageously.

I can't seem to stop crying. I hear Aaron taking deep breaths as he takes my hands in his.

"Breathe, Amelia. I promise I'll cause whoever made you and will make you cry inflicting pain, but please stop crying," he murmured in my hair.

I focus on the rhythm of his heart and finally sleep. 

I open my eyes. My head is on Aaron's chest. He's still holding my hands. I sit up and he immediately lets go of my hands and sits up looking at me with eyebrows pinched and red eyes. Concern.

"How are you?" he says softly as he rests his back on the bed's back. I look at him too embarrassed to speak. I bite my lips and watch him watch me.

"I- I..." I look at him running out of words. He smiles.

"There's nothing to be embarassed of. You just had a nightmare," he shrugged staring at me.

I uneasily smile back.

"Thank you," I feel the words rolling at the tip of my tongue as I utter them. He looks surprised, but then recovers.

"Nah, it's okay," he winks and tips his head backwards.

A moment of awkward silence filled the room, which I decided to break.

"Aaron?" I say and he looks back at me.

"Mmmh?"

"Aaron did you sleep well? I mean your eyes are getting redder and so is the blackness around them," I say diverting the attention to him.

He narrows his eyes thinking.

"Don't mind my sleeping activity. I'll be fine," he looks at me more.

"So you didn't sleep, did you?" I ask rubbing circles on my sweatpants.

"I did, yesterday. Probably more than I ever did," he said as matter-of-factly looking straight in my eyes. I cleared my throat and shifted uncomfortably. "Amelia?"

"Yes?"

"What were you dreaming about," he paused, pursed his lips, "-yesterday? I mean if you want to tell me ofcourse."

I cringed thinking about how harsh the dream was, but decided he had the right to know, you know?

"I will tell you," I say slowly and carefully. "Uh.. it was about my.. uh.. dad's death," I pick on a thread on my shirt.

"Oh," he mutters and looks down. "That must've been..uh..difficult for you," he clears his throat and looks away.

A moment of silence passed again, but this time he broke it.

"My mum passed away too," he said looking in my eyes as if looking through my soul and my heart broke for him. "But I'm totally over it now," he looked away immediately and got to his feet.

"It feels terrible, doesn't it? Losing a parent?" I say getting to my feet too. "It's like...it's like an empty hole that can never be filled no matter how much you pretend it is filled, isn't it?" I look at him. He looks... pained.

"Yeah, it is," he smiled slightly and looked away. "But we survived anyway. And we are a lot better than many others aren't we?"

"We are," I nodded wiping away some tears that dared to escape. "We definitely are better than many others."

He stretched looking at the time.

"It's too early," he turned to look at me ruffling his dark hair. "How about we do something different? Something... Crazy?" he looked at me trying to shrug away the look of hurt from his eyes.

I wipe my face clean.

"Something tells me I'm not going to like this," I smile at him. He laughs.

"I know but before I tell you, " he looks at me daringly. "You gotta do me a vow."

I almost laugh.

"Depends," I shrug.

"Nah, you gotta trust me about the vow."

"Well?" I smile at him in disbelief.

"You gotta promise that you'll be my partner in anything I'll ever do," he stared in my eyes making me feel kind of... vulnerable?

"Er? "

"Promise me," he held out his pinkie and I scoffed, but there was something about his eyes that told me he meant it.

I took his pinkie which was way larger than mine. I smiled.

He smiled, his eyes twinkling with mischief and something else.

"Well, we're breaking out," he clasped his hands and smirked.

"What do you mean by breaking out?" I asked dumbfounded. "You don't mean actually breaking out as in breaking out, do you?"

"Precisely that," he puffed his chest and smirked.

"Then you've lost it!" I say in disbelief, "There must be cameras outside! You will be caught! Oh no..." I pace across the room as he smiles smugly.

"Nah, don't worry," he waves his hand carelessly, "I know where they all are. And as long as I'm not going alone, it's all gonna be OK!"

"Really? Who's going with you then? Oh no, don't tell me Dean is going. Oh god, Sydne-"

"What are you saying? You are coming with me!" he said excitedly emphasizing on the 'you'.

I pause trying to process what he said.

"OH HELL NO!" I look at him as if he's actually crazy! He really can't be serious!

He raises his eyebrows and smirks. Next, he advances on me and I falter in surprise. He raises his right arm over my head and I flinch backwards. I look up.

He took my bobby pin.

"That'll be useful," he said examining the bobby pin.

"YOU ARE NOT GOING TO STEP OUTSIDE, AARON!" I tried to snatch away the pin, but he was too fast.

"I will go out. And with. You." he pointed at me with his index finger. "You promised."

"Not for this!" I pointed at the door,"This.. this is CRAZY!"

"I love crazy," he wriggled his eyebrows and winked.

"Fine! You go then."

"With you."

"Not gonna happen."

"Don't be such a mum!"

I gasped as if insulted.

"Excuse me?!"

"You. Are. Coming," he pressed on each word.

"Make me, Aaron," I sneered back.

"Fine!"

He walked to the door and opened it with the help of the pin. He then walked towards me and picked me up bridal style.

"Drop me, you asshole!" I punched him in his shoulders, but he was already out slamming the door behind him.

"It's not right! You can't just do that! This is insane! You gotta drop me! What if we got CAUGHT! I'll say it was YOUR idea! This is crazy! God I should be ashamed of myself! What will I tell Dr.Michael? Oh hey doctor, Aaron and I were just.. uh..having some fresh air? Oh doctor, we broke out by the way? OH MY GOD, IS THIS A CAMERA?! HOLY-"

"Amelia do us both a favour and shut up. And seriously if the camera won't get us caught, your voice really will!" he muttered as I was carried grumpily in his arms.
------

After having given up on the dream of walking on my feet and stopped kicking Aaron, he FINALLY, let me down.

"Now what?" I hiss at him.

"Now what?" he repeated trying to imitate me rolling his eyes. I couldn't help but laugh. "We will explore this place together!"

"Aaron I didn't take my medicine! We got to return, now that we have counted the number of dorms!"

"280 dorms! Amazing isn't it?"
I frowned giving him you-are-not-helping look. He chuckles and punches me lightly in my arm. "Don't worry we will be back before breakfast! For now, let's enjoy!"

"Enjoy counting 260 dorms. Tell me about it," I mutter sarcastically rolling my eyes.

"280 miss!" he said correcting me and I scoffed rolling my eyes.

We started walking towards a corridor where there seemed to be the place where all the doctors stayed. I stopped in front of it, but Aaron dragged me towards it.

"Don't be a coward," he whispered.

"I'm not, but you seriously are getting us into deep water. What if a doctor barged out any moment now? What will we say?" I snap at him and he roll his eyes.

"Don't worry, we will have time to run," he simply shrugged. "C'mon I wanna see what's beyond that corridor!" he added impatiently.

I shut up as we walked to towards the end of the corridor as Aaron kept reading the names of the doctors dealing with more than 280 patients.(considering roommates)

Dr. Kaleb
Dr. Mustafa
Dr. Roshan
Dr. Sofia
Dr. Michael
Dr. Michelle
Etc.

There wer more than 30 doctors as we finally came to the end of the corridor. There was a closed door with a sign saying Cafè.

"Told you there was something! Aha!" he reached out for the door knob, but I held his arm to stop him.

"Absolutely not, we can't go in. What if-What if they are all in there? All the doctors?" I whispered harshly my heart in my mouth.

He stopped and looks at me.

"I hate to say this. But you're right," he dropped his arm and I removed my hand in relief. "But that doesn't stop me from trying."

Next thing the door was wide open in front of us. But it wasn't Aaron who opened it. It was a doctor.

"Uh-oh," was all Aaron said before we turned and started running for our lives. We heard people calling us back, but we were faster.

Oh s***. Oh f***. Oh my. We're done for. Oh Amelia what did you do?! I'm so killing Aaron for that! I'm confiscating his ass when we're back!

"Run faster, Amelia!" Aaron panted.

"F*** you! It was all your stupid ass idea!" I spat out as I tried speeding up.

I glanced at Aaron who was looking behind him. He then slowed down to a stop.

"They're not following us," was what he said before we started walking back in silence.

He'll have it from me. Don't worry...

We finally reached and went back inside. I sighed in relief and walked to my bed.

Then Aaron started laughing so hard. I scowled at him in disbelief as he pointed at me and laughed harder.

"We could've been caught! We-we could've- you're laughing?" I say my widening.

"Well? It was fun. A nice memory? Don't you think so?" he smirked and I shut up.

He then approached me and I backed away.

"I don't bite," he muttered.

"What do you want?!" I said feeling heat rise in my face.

"Nothing, bubble," he came closer, reached in his pocket and took out a bobby pin. My bobby pin. He then put it in my hair and I my eyes fluttered not expecting this.

He backed away and smiled.

"I said I really liked your red hair," he grinned and I looked at him dumbfounded. "Okay, I am sorry Amelia. I really shouldn't have forced you into this. It could've gone much worse. Anyway, go get your medicine. We will be leaving soon," he winked as he headed into the washroom, leaving me speechless.

Asshole. I huffed and picked my medicine taking a pill.

It is breakfast time I guess.

We soon are seated on our chairs with our breakfasts in front of us. I sigh as I start unwrapping my sandwish. It has been a hectic day.

"Despacito. Bala bala deto. BURRITO BURRITO! DESPACITO!"

"SHUT UP, DEAN!" Aaron exploded from next to me.

Dean looked surprised at his outburst.

"What's up, ma man? Why all lemon squeezy face today?"

I scoffed and Aaron glared at him.

"You're not yourself today, man," Sam said munching on his fries. I scoffed again.

Not yourself? Right...  Wasn't he the one who broke out with me...

"I am perfectly fine! Okay?" Aaron said rolling his eyes at us.

"He's really missing on sleep. Aren't you, Aaron? He gets grumpy and all," I said teasingly and his head snapped to me. He then looked away ignoring me.

Okay. Maybe there's something wrong? I mean he was all cheery. What happened to him in the few minutes he went in the washroom? I smirked to myself.

I shrugged to Dean and Sam.

"Y'all I have an announcement! Today that is, the third of June will be officially my fifth year in here!" Dean said excitedly and Sam looked at him frowning. Dean didn't see that.

"Is it something good or bad?" Aaron's voice chimed in and I looked at him.

"GOOD! This means another year of friendships and-"

"Medicines and crushing on Becca too, right?" Sam rolled his eyes.

"That too!" Dean said oblivious to his brother's annoyance.

I cleared my throat as Aaron loudly slammed his fork on the table. Sam got the message and shut up. Dean looked suspiciously at Aaron, then back at me with a slight frown on his face.

Aaron's been like that every time he heard Sam undermining Dean about his disease. It's kind of nice, but still wierd. I mean I don't really blame Sam for feeling what he feels. It's been five years! But let me not forget that Aaron has a story that no one knows.

I sighed. The rest of the meal continued in awkward silence.

-------

"C'mon get your ass up!" Syd bellowed at Dean who was currently staring at a laughing Becca. "Earth to Dean!"

Dean's head snapped up distractedly.

"What?!" he snapped at Syd.

"It's time to go," she put her hands on her hips.

"I KNOW!" Dean breathed through his nose as he finally got up. I smiled watching them.

"Go speak to her! Don't look at her as if that will make he suddenly notice you!" Syd said sympathetically.

"That won't make her notice me, I know, Sydney! Your input isn't needed, really," he said narrowing his eyes on her.

"I'm trying to be honest about your situation, Ryan! If you're not gonna make a move, someone else will, Dean. Then you will regret it!" Syd pointed at Becca who was smiling and blushing at another guy.

The color drained from Dean's face.

"Maybe.. Maybe the cure to your disease is her. Confronting her. It has never been the medicines," Sam said thoughtfully placing a hand on Dean's shoulder.

Dean looked at her talking to the same guy and gulped as his fingers drummed at the  tabletop unconsciously.

"Let's go," he said and left us standing shocked at his apparently, terrible condition.

"He's a hopeless case," Sam shrugged and sighed heavily.

"Don't lose hope," Syd said eying Becca. "I've a plan."

"A plan?" Aaron and I said together.

"If he doesn't want to go to speak to Becca. We will bring her to him."

"No way!" Aaron said amused.

"Yes way! We have to do this or else Dean stays forever. Especially that she is a hot pie. I mean she is easy to be taken!" Syd said curling a hair strand on her finger. "For now let's leave. I want a good name for the operation though!" Syd said excitedly as Sam stared at her resisting the urge to roll his eyes.

"I got it! ABCD! You know, as in B for Becca and D for Dean!" Aaron exclaimed and we all laughed.

"ABCD? You ought to be kidding! Besides there is a "C" before the "D"!" Syd scoffed.

"Yeah right," Aaron said looking down.

"I got it!" I say remembering a  book's name, "Operation Lipstick!"

Syd pursed her lips and raised her eyebrows.

"Yeah! That will do!" she exclaimed.

"Operation Lipstick? I like the sound of that!" Sam grinned.

"Yeah right," Aaron said eying me.

"Okay.. Okay.. Let's bounce!"

-------

Aaron and I were currently sitting on his bed talking to Dr. Michael, who was sitting on my bed. We always sit like that in his appointments.

"Aaron. I see your condition isn't improving. I must say I'm slightly disappointed,"          Dr. Michael says clasping his hands and putting his notepad aside. "Have you been taking your medicine?"

Aaron stared blankly at the wall behind Dr. Michael.
"I have," he replied bitterly.

"You see, I highly doubt that. Most of the patients get better eventually when taking their prescribed meds," Dr. Michael raises his eyebrows.

"I think it's my choice whether I want to get better or not," Aaron says through clenched teeth clicking his knuckles.

"Aaron you shouldn't do this to yourself. I'm not trying to force you, because you should do it because you love yourself. Because you are scared for it. Because you'd like to live healthy," he sighed taking off his glasses.

Aaron rolled his eyes, but shut up.

"Aaron being obstinate about a choice in a matter where you have no choices is dangerous. It could cost you alot," Dr.Michael said sighing, and I shifted uncomfortably.

Aaron worked his jaws and clasped his hands.

"I understand your fear, but it is a big obstruction, dear. You have to let yourself face the reality. The facts. The present. She won't call you. She's gone, Aaron. Acceptance is the first step," Dr. Michael said glancing at Aaron's recorder.

I frown not understanding a thing.

Whom calling who? Wait.. are we allowed phones here?

"Don't say that," Aaron whispers heavily as he clenched his fists and looked down. Dr. Michael didn't hear.

"Amelia? Did Aaron tell you about his condition?" Dr. Michael diverts his attention to me. "I mean I usually encourage the idea of roommates so that they can share their fears and weaknesses."

"Me? Uh...No?" I say glancing at Aaron who hasn't moved an inch.

Dr. Michael sighed and looked at me.

"Aaron is somniphobic."

"Huh?"

"ENOUGH!" Aaron shouts from next to me and I flinch. "I don't want to tell her," he breathes heavily and rapidly.

"Telling her is a part of accepting it Aaron!" Dr. Michael says urgently looking at Aaron.

"I. DON'T. CARE!" Aaron bellows shutting us all up.
He then gets up and storms out of the room leaving the door wide open. He has lost it! What's wrong with him today?! He left right in front of Dr. Michael, but Dr. Michael didn't budge.

Oh my god. The situation is turning really dire.

"It's okay. I have dealt so many times with the same condition, but I must say he is the most stubborn of them all," he says smiling as if Aaron didn't storm out a few seconds ago. "So now let's forget about Aaron. Tell me, do you still see Adam again?"

What the hell?! How can we 'forget' about Aaron?!

"No," I respond immediately anyway.

"Great! You're responding well to the medicine! Can you describe Adam to me? How did he look like?"

What am I going to tell him? Oh hey Dr. Michael, Adam, my imaginary lover has the same face as yours? Hell no!

"He was handsome and a beautiful soul. In my imagination of course. I mean I always wondered how can anyone be so perfect! Handsome. Funny. Smart. Kind. Loving. No wonder why he's imaginary," I say sighing remembering him.

Dr. Michael smiles.

"You seem to be accepting it beautifully! I must say I'm proud of you. Since you are no longer a worry for now, let's turn our focus again to Aaron. Tell me all you know about him," he put his glasses back on and I gulped.

"What do you know about him?" Dr.Michael says adjusting himself.

"Not much really," I say trying to remember things about Aaron.

"Whatever you know tell me about it. It might help me approach him from another angle I didn't see," he smiles.

"Well about what exactly?"

"Let's start with school, has he told you anything about himself?"

"Yes. He did. He told he was kinda of a jock. The playboy of his school and all. That was all he said," I scoffed remembering what he said.

"Did he mention anything about his academic performance?"

"Er...no. Doctor? Why are you asking me? I mean I get it you  wanna help him, but didn't whoever admitted him here tell you about him?"

"That's the problem. His uncle doesn't know anything about him at all. He said he was always concealing away everything from him. So I wanted someone to get close enough to him to help us help him."

I sighed and glanced at the door through which he left.

"Tell me dear, what else do you notice in his behavior?"

"He usually listens to his recorder.. keeps replaying it. The funny part is that he has been listening to a nurse rhyme."

"A nurse rhyme. Interesting. You know that his mother passed away, don't you?"

I pursed my lips and nodded silently.

"Anyway, I have to go, Miss Cooper," he looked in his watch. He got up and smiled tightly.

"Wait! Doctor!" I blurted out as soon as he turned.

"Yes?"

"Aaron. Don't be mad at him, you know? He has been moody and miserable all day today. I mean he was snapping at everyone today even his best friends!"

He examined me and turned facing me as he rubbed his finger on his lips.

"Mmm.. Don't worry I'm not mad at him. He's a tough kid and will get over it!" he smiled and left.

Where are you Aaron?

-------

I was sitting on my bed staring at Aaron's empty bed. I sighed as I realized even being the annoying being he is, he makes this much more bearable.

I decided that maybe I should do something I liked. Something I used to do before dad passed away.

Dance.

I always loved dancing. I got up and stretched and then started singing. I thought it seemed silly, but it always works for me.

Soon enough I was dancing to my song. Every move is a memory. Every move is a memory of dad's love. Every move is love. Every step is an emotion. I was dancing my emotions away.

I finally stopped panting and sweating like anything. I held my knees and closed my eyes as I tried managing my breaths. I then started laughing. For once in a long time I feel good!

Then I hear the sound of clapping as I roll my eyes and swear under my breath.

It must be Aaron who broke in.

"That was.. BRILLIANT!" Dean exclaimed and I gasped surprised, but also disappointed.

"Ryan Dean!? You scared the crap out of me! How the hell did you come in here?" I say wiping sweat from my forehead.

"MOVE!" someone behind Dean who was standing at the door bellowed.

Sam then barged in with his hoodie glaring at Dean who was followed by Sydney.

"Oh my god! What are you all doing here?!" I blurt still surprised.

"Thanks for the warm welcome," Dean put his hand dramatically on his heart and I rolled my eyes.

"What do you want Dean?"

"Actually I thought it would be a good idea if we met up together and you know talked about ourselves and all. In other words "bonding time" as referred to by Syd. Or "A. W. F time" (air, water and food) as referred to by Sam. I know lame. Or "WTF time" as referred to by me!" Dean said looking satisfied with himself.

I exchanged looks with Sam and Syd.

"Well? What are we waiting for? Oh!" he winced and slapped his forehead. "Where is Aaron?"

"Oh, he isn't here. With Dr. Michael. In his office," I added quickly. Aaron was right, I am a bad liar.

I miss him.

"Oh is he okay?" Syd asked looking concerned.

"I don't know, but let's hope so!" I say smiling. "So yeah? Bonding Time, right?"

"HELL YEAH!" Dean shouted.

"Dean I hate to break this down for you, but you are 'illegally' in my dorm, so lowering your voice is a real essential."

"Damn right!" he said winking.

"Okay sit in a circle on the floor, would you?" Syd intervened and soon we were sitting in a circle with Syd on my left, Sam on my right and Dean in front of me.

"Before we start," Sam said suddenly and hit Dean hard on his back.

"OUCH! WHAT THE HELL WAS THAT FOR SAM TAYLOR?!" Dean exploded and I sighed.

"You know!" Sam pointed at him with his index finger.

"What did he do?" Syd said laughing.

"He thought that shaving a part of my head is something funny and then he hides the machine away so I'd look like a 'clown'," he says crossly and we all start laughing.

"Told you it was funny," Dean said chuckling still rubbing his back.

Sam rolled his eyes as Syd reached for his hoodie. Sam backed away immediately.

"Let me see it!" Syd complained.

Sam sighed and lowered his hoodie and covered his face.

His hair was a mess falling over his eyes with a shave at the back of his head. He looked cute.

We all laughed.

"It's okay Sam. Learn to embrace your hair," Dean said waving his arms dramatically as Sam punched him in his arm.

"Okay. Okay. Save the fight for later. Shall we start the game?" Syd said clapping her hands as to catch our attention.

I can't stop wondering where is Aaron as I constantly keep glancing at the door in anxiety.

"So since you are new, we never really told you our problem. So by this gathering we will get to know each other better," Dean said winking at me. "Starting with you, Syd."

"Moi?" Syd said straightening herself. "I am a perfectly fine human except that I have trust issues. I'm not saying 'get away from me, you stink' kind of issues. I'm talking about hysteric issues-"

"Like you have no idea what happened when Jennifer left," Sam intervened looking at Syd raising his eyebrows.

"She didn't eat for one whole week. Not even joined us for the Friday celebration!" Dean said chuckling. "Crazy b****," he whispered and I laughed. Syd didn't hear, thank God...

"But how Jennifer's leaving related to your trust issues?" I ask wondering.

"Oh you don't know? Them two love birds were couple goals. They really loved each other and Syd helped Jennifer heal. Syd didn't know that Jennifer's healing means her condition worsens," Dean said sighing.

"But I'm totally over it!" Syd exclaimed smiling. "Dean. Your turn!"

"By now I guess you all know. Fear of rejection, which is also why Sam is with me," he grinned at Sam and Sam smirked back.

"Does this mean... " I say staring at Sam.

"Yup. Sam is completely sane," Syd says nudging Sam playfully.

Woah! I'm shook.

"I am here because he would stay in his room forever otherwise in fear of rejection," he says smiling at Dean. "I'd do anything to my brother," he nudges him in his shoulder.

"How old are you?" I say looking at Sam.

"Me? I am 28," he she shrugs and smiles at Dean. "28, single and ready to mingle," he winks and I laugh at how silly he looks when he winks.

"We need to get out and find you someone," Syd says still laughing.

"Oh no! Don't worry about me! I'm not mingling with a physco anyway," he says waving his hands.

"I feel insulted!" Syd says placing a hand at her heart dramatically. "Who knows? Maybe one day a girl will come and swipe you off your feet," she says challengingly. "And I'd love to see that."

"Haha. Yeah right. Whatever you say, sis," Sam says putting his hoodie back on as he smiles c***ily.

"Fine. Fine. Your turn, Am," Dean says clapping to shut them up.

It being my turn, I told them everything about my disease and got in return several gasps and sympathetic tsks, but that was okay.

"Woah, you had to put up with all that! That must have been an ordeal," Syd says tsking.

"Yeah. But I'm okay. Everything is okay," I say grinning clasping my hands, but everyone was giving me some looks as if I was an injured dog that was half dead that they saved. "No really. Everything is great!" I say again, but they all stared at me. I laughed nervously.

"Poor girl, you were kissing the air all that time!" Dean said breaking the heavy silence that settled as everyone laughed.

Although it did hurt a liiittle bit, I'm still thankful that Dean finally stopped them from staring at me.

I hate pity.

Sam then looks up at the clock and gets to his feet, rubbing his hands together.

"Well, guys? It's lunch time!"

After having 5 lunches with Sam, Syd and Dean, I realized that Aaron disappeared. I really can't find him and honestly I miss him. Not even on Friday. It's worrying me for several reasons.

1- He could hurt himself. I mean after all we are all psychos. What if he was mad enough to hurt himself? I honesty don't want to think about that.

2- What if.. What if he ran away? I mean it won't be the same without him around, you know? Even though he is an asshole.

3- What if he wasn't real in the first place? After all, my mind is able to create all those beautiful, heroic characters. Ugh man, this is sick. But wait, Dr. Michael was talking with him. What if I'm imagining all that? Oh hell no-

I was pacing across my room with all those fugly thoughts when the door opened revealing a thin woman with straight black hair hanging on her shoulders and a white coat.

She gave me a tight smile as she trotted in with her heels clicking on the floor. I stared at her and then at her badge which carried her name.

Dr. Cherry

Somehow my instincts are telling me that she and her name shout s***iness. Yeah, speaking of my judgemental ass.

"Good afternoon Miss-?"

"Miss Cooper, doctor," I say forcing a smile.

"Miss Cooler," she says as she takes a seat on my bed.

"No, it's Cooper," I say popping the 'p'.

"Yeah, right. Whatever. I am here to inform you about our yearly talent show," she says rolling her eyes.

"A talent show?!" I say my heart racing.

"Yes. But it's not for the talentless people like you," she says as she goes through a pack of papers she was holding.

"Excuse me-"

"If you feel interested, fill in the form and give it to your responsible doctor," she says boredly as she yawns.

"Well? I have a roommate. Can I have a form for-"

She raises her hand as she picks her phone to answer a call.

I stand there grinding my teeth. This lady over there is testing my patience.

She stands there pacing around the room laughing with the phone in her hand as she tosses her hair from left to right.

"Yeah, totally wasting my time with those shallow, faulty people." A laugh. "Yeah, yeah, trust me, they are as talentless as bird with no wings," Laugh. "Nah, don't worry, them psychos like her don't understand a thing," she looks at me pointedly and turns to laugh.

Little Old B****.

For once, my judgement was right.

She then hangs up and looks up at me.

"So what were you saying?"

I take several deep breaths as I looked back at her.

"I was saying-"

"No."

"What no?" I clench my fists looking at her cold self.

"The answer is no. I have to see your roommate first."

"You can clearly see that this room has two of everything!" I say exasperated.

"It's still a no."

"But-"

"No," she heads to the door.

What the f*** hoe?!!

"You are not leaving without handing me a form for him," I insist as I feel pure anger rush is my veins like venom.

"Is that an order Miss Cooler?"

"You name it, Mrs. Fruitpie."

She smirks as she turns facing me.

"What do you think of yourself, huh? You are a freak of nature. A mistake. Honey, you don't get to speak to me like that," she pokes her finger in my chest and I fight the urge to take it and twist it.

I clench my jaw as I stare into her icy eyes.

"You think we are nothing, huh? At least we got our morals in place. Sad, really," I say preventing myself from lunging at her and eating her alive.

She laughs as she claps her hands.

"Don't overestimate yourself, dear. And don't overexert it. Just live with the limits you're permitted to live with."

"You are pathetic," I grit my teeth.

"Miss don't forget who you are. You are a patient. A disease. You aren't needed. You are hated and your precense isn't appreciated. You stink," she says and I stare at her hard.

No words are coming out as I feel the tears filling up my eyes.

She wins.

She smirks as she stands in her position not moving.

I try my best not to cry in front of that creature.

"If anybody is a freak of nature it's you. You are so hated to the extent that you get your pleasure by extracting the love and hope planted in others. Go find yourself someone else to prey on, you frogface!" a British voice cottons in and I gasp as the tears come rolling down.

She turns around to face Aaron, my roommate.

She simply looks at him, shoves in his chest a paper and leaves slamming the door behind her.

I quickly wipe away my tears as he approaches me and engulfs me in a hug where I burst into more tears.
She hurt me and she got me confused. I believed her for a second. I felt like I was standing on a jelly floor that can't keep me standing straight. That feeling is scary.

"It's alright. It's alright. I'm here now," he pats my hair as I pull away.

"Don't you ever. Ever. Go away again," I sniff and he smiles.

"I'm sorry," he says approaching me. "I just had to sort a few things about myself."

"Did you sort them?" I say looking into his exhausted eyes.

"Yeah, kind of," he grins and holds up the piece of paper Dr. Cherry b**** gave him. "What is that?"

"Talent show form?"

"Is it?" he says eying the form suspiciously.

"Yes."

"So do you have a talent?"

"Erm. No? Do you?"

He looks up as if surprised by the question.

"I don't know. I kind of love singing and dancing," he says cringing and I smile. "More dancing than singing."

"Really?! I love dancing too," I blurt out and immediately slap my hands to my mouth.

"Really? That's cool. I mean we can, you know, dance together at the talent show. When will the auditions start?" he says grinning as his eyes sparkle in wonder.

"Woah... Woah... Woah.. Hold on. I can't audition. How can we if we don't know what to dance on? That is insane!"

"Stop worrying too much! We will practice!"

"And how do you suppose we should do that?" I roll my eyes at his excitement.

Yeah yeah it's cute. But stupid.

"Dr. Michael will definitely help us!"

"Whatever you say," I go back to bed knowing that he was just blabbering.

Talent show? Me?

Hahahahh. No.

---------

Soon enough it was dinner time and after 4 whole dinners that he didn't attend, it was kinda exciting.

I tied his shoelaces, which he confessed he was playing with in his absence and so ended up untying them.

We then opened the door and were engulfed by the crowd.

"Oh my god. Dude- Don't step on my foot- Dude- Ouch! Hey you! You untied my shoelaces. SON OF A-"

"Shut up!" I muttered as we made our way to the food court.

"He stepped on my feet!" he complained pointing at a guy in a distance.

"Stop acting like a baby!" I say exasperated. "Besides you didn't tell me where were you all that time."

"Not now," he said as we reached the court and spotted Sydney waving ecstatically to us.

"Okay," I mutter as Syd approaches. She then lunges at Aaron hugging him. He staggers but then hold her in place. I grin as I spot Sam running after Dean from a distance oblivious to our presence.

"Where the hell were you?" she interrogates him as she pouts.

"I-"

"AARON! THE HELL WERE YOU, MAN?" Dean bellows as he hits Aaron on his back as he pulled him in a hug.

"I decided I needed time to pull my s*** together," he shrugs.

"You must've heard about the talent show this year! Who is joining?" Sam butts in as he smiles at Aaron.

"We are!" Aaron puts his hand on my shoulder and exclaims.

I push away his hand and shake my head.

"Not decided, yet," I say glaring at Aaron.

"I am!" Dean says.

We all laugh at him.

"Hey! Don't underestimate me!" he pouts and we laugh more.

"What will you present, my talentless brother?" Sam said patting his head.

"I'll sing!" he says and we all groan. "I swear I have a good voice! I mean when I'm ready to sing!" he says sounding offended.

We all then head to the cafeteria knowing that there was no way Dean was getting there.

"What do you want?!" I snap as I roll over to the other side.

"It's Friday sleepyhead. Get up already!"

I groan as I cover my head with a pillow.

"I don wanna," I say with my voice muffled.

He then grabs my pillow and I groan. Finally, I give in and get up.

"What now?!"

"It's breakfast time in like 15 minutes. Get ready," he says excitedly as he gets up.

I sigh and cover my face with my hands. Even though I slept early yesterday, I'm still sleepy. I don't know what's my problem.

I get up and head to the shower after deciding to wear some blue jeans and a pale blue sweater. That should do.

After a shower and a 5 minutes wrestle with my hair, I tie Aaron's shoelaces and we were ready to go.

We walk in the crowd and we spot Syd looking disgustingly at a guy in the crowd.

"SYD! SYDNEY!!" Aaron bellows and she looks at us and her expression changes as she smiles.

She waves and makes her way to us.

"Aloha!" she smiles and puts an arm on each of our shoulders as we walk. "So about Operation Lipstick. The mega mind you are talking to has planned it already. It starts today!"

"That's cool!" I say smiling.

"I know. So it goes as follows. We all will hang out with Becca today including Sam. Dean will have no other choice but to join us! From here the story begins!" she looks at Aaron then at me. "So?"

"I think that should be fine," I say smiling.

"Let's hope that works," Aaron laughed.

When we reached the food court, everyone ordered their food and then we were lining up to the activity room before knowing it.

Aaron left me to get his M&ms and I looked for Becca in the room.

She was talking with a group of people among then was a tall guy with so many piercings I recognized immediately.

Oh hell no.

"You ready?" Sam whispered in my ear and I jumped out of my skin.

"God! You scared me! Yes, yes. I'm ready," I examine the room frantically for Aaron. He was eating his M&ms while talking to Syd. Good.

"Where is Dean?" I ask Sam quickly and he smiles wickedly.

"In the washroom. We gotta do it before he comes," he says urgently and I nod. Syd and Aaron were approaching us. Syd pointed at Becca and mouthed "Go, we will join."

"C'mon then," I tugged on Sam's sleeves and we made our way to them.

"I was able to get out, though!" Becca was saying before we interrupted.

"Hello!" Sam started from next to me and I gulped as the tall guy eyed me. I forced a smile and waved to them.

"Hey!" Becca smiled widely. No wonder why Dean crushes on her. She is beautiful with her blonde hair and big, hazel eyes.

The group of people of 2 girls and a guy parted as they all stared at us. The silence was so awkward.

"Umm... My name is Amelia!" I say uncertainly and take out my arm for a handshake.

Becca took it and shook my hand.

"My name is Becca!" she blinked repeatedly and grinned.

"He is Sam!" I say and everyone looked at him, but he remained silent. I hit him in his ribs with my elbow.

"Yeah!" he said and reached for a handshake with Becca.

"This is Xavier!" Becca pointed at the tall guy next her who Aaron punched before. "He is my cousin!"

"Nice meeting you," he reached for a handshake which I was supposed to take. I gulped and reached out, but another hand took it.

"Nice meeting you, too. I'm Aaron," Aaron stood next to me as Syd grinned as she introduced herself to Becca.

"Oh! My name is Lily," a pale girl with pink hair said smiling to us as we all smiled back.

"I'm Josie," a dark girl with an afro said grinning as she introduced herself.

"So how are you all?" Syd said and everyone started muttering things as I smiled.

What have we gotten ourselves into? That's just too many people.

"I was just telling them about the fire that happened at my house 5 years ago," Becca smiled looking at all of us.

Then I felt someone tugging me from the back. I turned to find Dean looking like a mess.

"What are you guys doing over here?" he said pressing on each word.

"Hey!" a strong voice said to which we turned around to.

Becca's eyes widened as she beamed at Dean.

"Ummm. Hello!" he smiled tightly as the colour drained from his face.

We all were watching them in silence.

"I'm Becca!" she says smiling and Dean goes slightly red.

"I am Ryan Dean. You can call me Dean, though," he says smiling. For the first he actually didn't yell his name when he introduced himself.

A moment of silence passes as Becca stares at Dean and Dean stares at Becca.

Xavier clears his throat and we all stared at Xavier.

"So what are you planning to do?" Xavier says rubbing his hands together smirking.

"It's movie time isn't it?" I ask them and they nod.

"And it's a girl's day!" Syd says clapping her hands in excitement.

Syd will definitely take revenge because last time Sam forced us to watch 300. I mean the last thing I'd like to watch is blood and slaughter.

"Lily? Josie? Becca? Am? Any ideas girls?" Syd asks them looking pointedly at Sam.

"How about mean girls?" Josie says curling a hair strand on her finger.

"Nah. Warm bodies is better," Lily says fluttering her eyelashes.

"That sounds like a dirty movie," Aaron says winking and we all laugh.

"It's a zombie movie that is so cute," Lily deadpans.

"Oh," Aaron shuts up.

"How about Titanic?" Becca suggests and we all groan except for Dean.

"Titanic sounds good for me," Dean says and I almost wiped away tears from my eyes. I'm motherly proud of him.

"Does it?" Becca says as if it was a compliment.

"I mean I love it! It depicts a very beautiful love story," Dean retaliates and I suppress my laughter.

"It does for sure Mr. Shakespeare," Xavier says dreamily and sarcastically and at that we all laugh.

Becca and Dean shut up as Sam and Xavier started suggesting movies.

"Batman," Xavier says and Sam smiles.

"Nah. Iron man rocks, dude!" Sam says his eyes lighting up as Xavier clapped his hands in excitement.

"That's the one, then. But wait! Avengers have'em all! Iron man. Captain America. And the-"

"HULK! DUDE THIS MOVIE IS AWESOME!" Sam says high fiving Xavier.

Definitely they were dreaming cause none of the movies are on the girls' watch list.

Meanwhile, Aaron was trying to help Lily, Josie and Syd choose between Mean Girls and Pitch Perfect.

"But the girls are hotter in Pitch Perfect!" Aaron says in deep focus.

"But haven't you seen the dance in Mean Girls?" Syd replied back.

"Yeah that was fatally hot," Aaron says scratching his chin.

Meanwhile, I was listening to Becca and Dean talk enthusiastically about Titanic.

"But the two could have fitted," Dean says looking at her.

"No. Of course not! None would have survived if both did get on it!" Becca says shocked. I sigh and get an idea.

"Guys," I say but none heard me. "GUYS!" I shout and they all look at me. "How about Despicable Me?"

There was a moment of silence followed by alot of "HELL YEAH!"

Animation always wins.

----------------

"I just love this movie!" Xavier says clapping his hands as the movie ended.

"Who doesn't?" Sam laughs patting Xavier's back.

"Yo let's head to the arcade room-"

"Let's head to the drawing tables-"

Dean and Becca say at the say time.
Dean stops and looks at Becca and immediately shakes his head.

"I mean to the drawing tables ofcourse," he says as Becca smiles

I shake Aaron who has closed his eyes since the beginning of the movie, he opens his eyes and stares at me.

"Is it done, yet?" he groans rubbing his eyes with the back of his hands.

"Yes and we're heading to the drawing tables."

He looks at me with horror.

"Did you say drawing?" he gasps his eyes widening.

"Yes pretty boy," Josie says rolling her eyes.

Aaron groans and gets up.  They all start moving with Becca and Dean in the front.

"C'mon, we have to leave," I whisper and he hits his head on my shoulder.

"Ouch! Stop!"

"Butta I don wanna draw!" he mutters then looks up pouting with his hair covering his eyes.

I sigh and grab him by his arm towards them.

Apparently Xavier is opening another door that leads to the drawing room.

"Here we go," Aaron says from my side as he slaps his forehead with his hand.

Soon we were inside the room. It looked stunning with all the paintings hung on all the sides. The colors were magnificent. It was a very big room with huge tables in the middle.

It was empty except for a girl who was sitting on the floor with a big painting in front of her. Her hair was put up in a bun held by different brushes. She had a brush in her mouth and two in her hand. She was covered by paint. Her face. Her clothes. Her arms.

She looked up and the brush dropped from her mouth as she smiled. She was very pretty.

"Becca!" she sets her brushes aside next to the paint and gets up. She hugs Becca as we all watch.

"Ah, she's so pretty," Aaron whispers in my ears and I roll my eyes. "Don't deny it," he whispers putting up his index finger. I slap it away.

"Yeah she is," I say almost laughing.

Becca pulls away smiling.

"Lemme introduce you to my new friends!" Becca glances at us. "He's Ryan Dean. She is Amelia. He is Aaron. Annnnd he is Sam."

We all tell her it's nice to meet you except for Sam who falters and says something as incomprehensible as this.

"Meetingyougreat!"

The girl grins as she returns back to her painting.

"If you want anything check za cabinet," she points at the cabinet to her left.

Sam them sidled up next to me.

"What's her name?" he whispered urgently.

I laugh at him. Syd was right.  Eventually a girl will come and swipe him off his feet.

"I don't know. Why don't you go and ask her?" I reply as Aaron gets to Sam's side.

"Yo. We share her, okay? You a night. Me a night," Aaron whispers loudly and I roll my eyes.

"You're talking as if she'll spare any of you a glance," I tell them as they roll their eyes at me. I feel so assaulted.

"Come on in!" Lily, the pink haired girl, waves to us pointing to an empty table.

Becca and Xavier shared a table. Dean, Lily and Josie shared another table. I could tell by the way Dean shifts how uncomfortable he was.

We (me, Aaron and Sam) look at each other, shrug and head to the empty table.

"Now, now Xavier. Shut up!" Josie says clapping her hands to shut him up. He was talking nonstop to Becca and I can see Becca is getting a headache.     "We're to have a drawing competition, like we always have. We usually draw celebrities, but being the beginners you are," Josie paused as the girl on the floor chuckled. "You can draw anything you can! But definitely not a ball."

"She chuckled! Lemme show her what drawing is," Aaron whispers to me urgently.

"Are you sure?" I say laughing at his angry face.

"Positive," he smirks as he grabs an A3 paper from the cabinet.

"Sam? What will you draw?" I ask him.

"Her."

"Her who?"

"The mysterious girl on the floor," Sam says smirking as if it was the easiest thing ever.

I smile as I start thinking what will I draw. A pen? A hand? I suck at drawing and I mean it.

I sigh as I head to the cabinet and get a paper and some paint. I start drawing and didn't stop until the paper was full of paint.

"What the hell is that?" I peer at Aaron's drawing, but he jerks away.

"Not now!" he says annoyed.

It seems like I'm the only one who is done. I sigh and examine my "mastershitpiece". It was supposed to be a lady covered in flower petals. But as I said 'supposed to'. It looked more like a blur of pink and mauve.

"I'm done!" Aaron says and shows me his drawing and I start laughing.

"What is wrong with my hills?" he says crossing his arms.

Apparently he has drawn two hills next to each other with a tree on each hill.

"Oh! Nothing wrong with them," I laugh and he glares at me.

"Show me what you drew," I still laughing showed him 'mastershitpiece'.

"What the hell is that?" he says looking hard into my paper.

"I swear I don't know. I suck at drawing!" I whisper back.

"Shut up!" Sam says from next to Aaron.

"Are you done yet?" Aaron peers into Sam's work, but Sam covers it immediately.

"Nope. And you're disturbing me. Greatly," he says putting aside a paint brush to pick a thinner one.

I sigh and stare back at my 'mastershitpiece'.

"You know, although I suck at drawing, it really helps me at times," Aaron whispers in my ears as I look up at him surprised.

He continues as he looks straight in my eyes. "Especially when I'm angry. You see, back there at home, I used to have that one room for me. For my painting. Just paint. Just throwing colours. In my room, if you try to scratch my wall another color will appear. It's like layers and layers of paint and memories. Painful ones," he sighs heavily and I stare in his eyes, hypnotized.

"My dad used to paint, you see. He loved it and was very good at it. Made a business out of it, infact," he continues. "I used to be amazed by his paintings. I wanted to be like him, but you know, I can't be. He had talent," he sighed. "Until mom died-" he says his eyes watering. At this moment he wasn't talking to me anymore as his eyes clouded with memories. "-he stopped painting. He suffered from depression. He then," he paused pursing his lips. "-he then, killed himself."

I gasp looking at him in grief.

"He left me alone. I was forced to live with my uncle. A person who hated me. You see, my mom's death destroyed all of us. It killed me," he whispered as he tilted up his head in attempt to get rid of his tears. He looks back down

Not able to fight the urge, I wrap my arms around him. He holds me tightly and I wrap my arms around his wounded being. He is so hurt. He is beautifully hurt.

I pull away and look in his so red, so hurt eyes.

"It's gonna be okay. We're going to be okay. Hold on and know that I'll always be there for you, Aaron," I smile tightly and let him go.

I look around and miraculously everyone was still engrossed in their painting. I looked up at him and gave him a reassuring smile.

"I'm so sorry," he shakes his head and clutches his drawing. "I really need to stop PMSing," he smiles and I laugh lightly.

"Nothing to be sorry for," I wink at him and he smiles widely.

"Done!" Sam said raising his hands in triumph.

"Showme. Showme," Aaron says looking at Sam's. "Wow! Dude! You got talent!" he immediately says looking at Sam's picture and the girl on the floor.

I push Aaron out of the way because his tall figure was blocking my vision.

"That looks beautiful, Sammy!" I say looking at how beautiful the drawing is. The colors and curves were so imperfectly perfect. "Dude you really got talent!"

"No really, that's nothing. If only we had more time," Sam says awkwardly.

"Fishing for compliments, eh?" Aaron says raising an eyebrow.

"I'M DONE!" someone shouted and we all knew it was Dean. Dean raised his drawing which was a fish with bubbles from its mouth.

"Took you long enough," Aaron shouted out laughing at his drawing.

Dean scowled and looked at his picture.

"Show me yours then," he said challengingly.

Aaron went red and held his drawing. I suppressed my laughter as I watched Dean's expression which was accompanied by Lily's, Becca's, Josie's, Syd's, Xavier's and the girl on the floor.

"Well those are nice boobies," Syd commented. We all laughed.

"Those are hills and trees! Can't you see?" We laughed more as he looked again at his drawing and it dawned to him.

"Oh," he muttered and I was on the floor in heaps of laughter. (Metaphor)

"Okay on the count of 3, we will all show our photos. Aaron? Wanna show your photo again?" Lily said with tears in her eyes from laughter.

"Uh.. Nah.. It's okay," he said waving his hand.

"1, 2, -"

We all hold up our photos. Lily drew a celebrity that I couldn't recognize, so did Josie. Becca drew an anime character. Xavier drew himself. (What did you expect out of him anyway?) The girl on the floor wasn't participating. She was drawing her own portrait.

I noticed the gasps they gave on seeing Sam's drawing. Yup, he's another creature that can actually draw.

"Well that's something there," Josie says staring at the girl on the floor with an expression I couldn't read.

The girl on the floor looks up and stares at Sam who was in a deep conversation with Aaron.

The girl gets up and walks to Sam. I nudge Sam in his chest. He looks up finding the girl walking to him. He falters as he stretches himself and smiles. (Biologically we call this process as mate attraction)

She stands in front of him sizing him up.

"Hey-" Sam starts but gets slapped in the face by her.

We all gasp as I frown at her. What the hell?!

"What was that for? That-" he recovers from the first slap only to get a second slap. She then walks away, determinedly out of the room, slamming the door behind her.

Sam raises a hand to his now red cheeks.

"What was that for?" he breathes and looks at his drawing for any fault.

"Never mind her. She's a b****," I say looking at Aaron who was unsurprisingly laughing.

"What you laughing at?" I say frowning at Aaron. Only then Dean joined.

"I tried holding it, I swear, but you don't get to see your brother get slapped by a hotshot everyday," Sam glared at both of them.

"Oh god, I'm so sorry. I didn't tell you. I didn't think it was necessary. I'm so sorry. It's just that she suffers from Eisoptrophobia," Becca says closing her eyes in regret.

"Huh?" Dean says drawing his eyebrows together.

"Fear of her own reflection," Lily said sighing.

"Crap!" Sam mutters slapping his forehead. "It's my fault."

"It's not your fault that you tried to impress her!" I say still angry at her.

"You bit more then you can chew, bro," Xavier says chuckling as we all roll our eyes. "It's Cecilia we're talking about! Don't you know her?" he says glaring at Becca.

"Her name is Cecilia?" Sam says as if amazed and as if he wasn't talking about the girl who slapped him twice a few minutes ago.

"Um. Duh?" Josie says leaning on her table.

Dean joins our table and pulls my arm.

"What?!" I snap at him.

"Let's just go," Dean says looking at Sam who was asking more about Cecilia.

"Why go?"

"Because," Dean whispers back.

"But why?"

"Because I said because."

"I'm serious."

"It's Becca. I think she likes Aaron," at that my heart sank.

"Aaron? No!"

"She kept talking about him. How good-looking he was and loved his sense of humour when he showed his drawing," he said shrugging, putting his hands in his pockets.

"No! She.. she- all that time, she was looking at you! Not Aaron!"

"She even asked me if he was taken, Am!"

I blink at him surprised. Becca? Why Aaron? A sort of dislike began snaking its way up to my head against Becca. I don't like where this is going.

"Amelia! Am!" Dean called me snapping his fingers in front of my face. "What do you think?"

"Huh?" I say blinking blankly.

"What do you think I should've told her?"

"You should've told her that he was taken!" I say as if it was the most normal thing in the world.

"But I didn't!" he complains.

"You didn't!" I say surprised at his stupidity.

"I couldn't lie when she was looking straight in my eyes!" he raises his hands in defense.

"You are weak!" I say feeling very angry at him that I push him.

"Ow! What the hell was that for?" he says frowning.

"I don't know!" I say brushing my hair with my fingers. I take a deep breath. Oh my God, I'm actually angry at this! What's wrong with me?!

"I'm sorry," I say waving my hands as if to dismiss all what happened. "I shouldn't have done that. I just don't know what's got into me," I look at the wild look he was wearing.

"It's okay. I'm accepting it," he shrugged.

"No! Go tell her that- that he is taken! Go! Go now!"

"No, Amelia! I told you I told her that he wasn't taken?! What am I? A liar? And even if I told her, she'll get to know that because he is not taken!"

Even though Dean made sense, I was still up to arguing.

"Do something about it!" I snap at him and he looks at me as if I've lost it.

"But-"

"No buts! Just go! Go and tell her!"

"How will I?"

"I don't know. I don't care. Just tell her, Ryan!"

"Okay! Okay! Jeez!" he gives me one final look and walks away.

I let out a deep breath and look at Aaron who was talking with Sam. I sigh. What the hell is wrong with me?!

I watch Dean talking to Becca and watch Becca's face expressions. I watch disappointment written all over her face.

Serves you right!

I walk to Aaron and Sam.

"C'mon, let's leave!" I whisper nudging Aaron. "What time is it anyway?"

"11 pm," Sam mutters yawning.

"Well let's leave then!" Aaron says hitting Sam at his back.

"Well! It's getting pretty late and we really need to go," Lily says smiling warmly at us and nodding at Josie.

"It was really nice meeting you guys! And let's hope we get to see you in breakfast and all. Which batch are you?" Josie asks clasping her hands together.

"Second," Aaron says smiling at Josie.

"I'm second, too!" Becca says beaming at Aaron.

I shift uncomfortably.

"Second," Xavier says raising his hand lazily.

"Sucks we are first!" Lily says shaking her head. "I guess then, see you next Friday!" she squeals as she and Josie waves goodbye to us. They leave.

Syd then follows them saying her goodbyes to us.

"Uh- I guess it's our turn next, don't you think Aaron?" I say looking up at Aaron expectingly.

"No! Let'im stay with us a bit! What do you think, Aaron?" Becca says leaning on her table and pouting. I glance at Dean who was frowning at her.

"Yeah! Sure-"

"No!"

Aaron and I say at the same time.

"You can go, Amelia. I'll hang out a bit with them!" he whispers and my heart sinks.

Oh no you didn't.

"Okay. Anyone joining me? Or  should I just go. Alone," I add coldly.

"I'm coming!" Dean says making his way to me.

"I'll hang out with Xavier!" Sam says smiling apolegetically. I glanced one last time at Aaron and feel my chest tightening.

He doesn't understand.

I sigh as Dean says his goodbyes and we leave.

-------------

After getting out of the activity room, we walked aimlessly for about half an hour in silence.

I sigh not knowing why did Becca's behavior get on my nerves. It's a kind of anger I never felt before.

"Wanna talk?" Dean says suddenly stopping. I look around the empty hallway we were standing in and sigh.

"Yeah, whatever," I say feeling  defeated.

We decide to sit down on the floor with out back's to a random wall in a random corridor.

"I guess it didn't work out the way I wanted it to," I say looking at Dean who for once looked miserable.

"You know, I once read that the worst form of missing someone is when he is right next to you, but you know you can never have him," he looks me in the eyes and sighs. "I'll never have her. Becca," his voice thickens on mentioning her name. "And what's bothering me, is I know that I can do nothing about it. You can't make someone like you, you know," he smiles weakly as his green eyes filled with tears.

I am sad.

"I-" I try to say but he interrupts me.

"There's nothing to say, Amelia. What will you say? She has her eyes set on Aaron. It's over. You don't have to say anything," he sighs hitting the back of his head with the wall. "I guess it's my fault. I should've talked to her before it was... too late."

I feel tears that I painstackingly try to not let go of.

"But I'll get over her, I always do. It's not like it's the first time," he shrugs as tears spill out from his eyes. "Nor the last," he says looking so hurt.

"She was your only hope," I feel the words stumbling out of my mouth. "She was your cure," I shrug simply as I feel the tears come down fresh and warm.

He doesn't say a thing as he looks down and I see his pants getting wet with his tears.

I put my hands on his shoulder and squeezed.

"You deserve better," I mutter sniffing.

"Yeah. Maybe I did. But to me, she was perfect. My perfect. What can I say? I loved her," he looks up and sighs heavily. "I feel so alone," he shudders and my heart sinks.

"But you're not, Ryan! You got us! You got me! I'll never ever ever let you feel alone! I'll always be your side! You're my best friend, Ryan!" I say as more tears spill out of my eyes.

Ryan looks me in the eyes not saying anything. He then reaches out for me and I wrap my arms around him. He cries and I cry. I feel him shaking and I feel terrible about the heartbreak he's having.

However, little did I know that I drank from the same cup of poison that Dean just drank from. But what to say?

I wake up next day and immediately look at Aaron's bed which was well... empty. I quickly glance at the clock. It was 9 am and breakfast is by 10 am.

I sigh and I get up, deciding to take a shower. I pull out some dark blue jeans and a brown shirt I never knew was there.

I then braided my hair and wore my shoes ready for breakfast. All I know is that last night was a harsh night. A very harsh one that I won't forget.

I sit on my bed staring at Aaron's. I try to convince myself that him hanging out with Becca was fine, but I know it wasn't. For one reason, she was demanding.

But he knows that the whole point of this was to get Dean to know Becca, right? Yeah, I know, it failed. Totally. Epically.

Suddenly, the door is flung open and no one but him barges into the room. Aaron.

He looks at me smiling widely.

I look up at him surprised and definitely disappointed.

"Aye! Amelia! So long no see!" he slams the door behind him and staggers into the room. "I feel so f***ing high!"

"Aaron what the hell?! Lower your voice!" I say severely.

"I DON'T CARE! BECAUSE- I JUST GOT LAID!" he points at himself and I felt the vomit creep up my oesophagus.

"Aaron-" I say as he gets up and makes his way to me pulling me up.

"YOU," he points at me. "Why are you so MAD?" he holds my chin and tilts it.

"Let go!" I fidget, but to no avail.

"Amelia everythin," he hiccups. "-it's so wrong. Becca should be with Dean!" he says sloppily. "But she wants ME." he points at himself and laughs.

At this point he looked crazy. His hair was falling over his eyes which were so red.

"Aaron, stop!" I say weakily as I feel my eyes fill up with tears.

He holds me harder.

"Amelia, she was CRAZY!" he looks into my eyes and smiles wickedly, his pale blue eyes blazing. "Xavier, son of a b****! Gave me some of them pills," he laughed.

"You're drunk," I look at him disgusted at his behavior.

He holds me harder and it started to hurt.

I squirmed as I whimpered.

"Leave me, Aaron! You're hurting me!" I feel the tears spill from my eyes as I look at him hopelessly.

He looks at me and tilts his head.

"You're crying," he looks in my eyes as his lips part. "You're crying. I'm hurting you," he mutters.

"Yes. You are hurting me," I breathe and he lets me go.

"Sorry Amelia. Sorry," he sings it and laughs.

He really wasn't in his mind. I wipe my tears and look at his creased blue shirt and dirty black pants.

"Why?" I find myself blurting.

"Why what?" he laughs and I fight the urge to puke.

"Why Becca?"

"BECCA!" he shouts slapping his forehead. "I forgot! She must be waiting for me!"

I feel a pain in my chest. A pang.

"Butta I don wanna go! I feel tired!" he wipes imaginary sweat from his forehead.

"Maybe, maybe, you gotta sleep," I tell him. His tall figure then advanced on me as I stood unblinking.

"Didn't I tell you?" he whispered raising his eyebrows.

"Tell me what?"

"I can't sleep," he looks at me as if he was saying something dangerous. "Mom. She'll call me. I won't hear her if I sleep," he says smirking wickedly. He then staggered backwards laughing.

"It's not funny, Aaron. Don't come to breakfast. I don't want you to come," I say severely. "I don't want to see your face," I stare icily at him.

"I didn't want to go anyway. Not with you, anyway," he shrugs as he heads to his bed and lies on it. "Mom, Amelia," he mutters to himself and I decide to ignore him.

I clench my fists and swear that I won't cry. Because well, there's no reason.

I take my pills and thank god it was already breakfast time.

--------------

I walk to the food court alone and all I can think off is that Aaron slept with Becca.

Saying I was disappointed is a fricking understatement. I'm mad at him. He f***ed up hard this time.

What am I going to tell Dean? 'Oh hey Dean, you were right! Aaron just slept with Becca!' Bullshit.

"Amelia!" someone says and I look at the source of the call.

Xavier.

I stare at him curiously as he makes his way to me in the crowd.

"Uh.. I wanted to apologize," he says looking at me guiltily.

"Apologize? For what?" I sigh crossing my arms infront of my chest.

"For the time when I pushed you. I was a jerk," he shrugged and I smiled a small satisfied smile.

"Whatever, apology accepted."

"Really? Cool! Great, I mean. Uh.. I'll leave then," he smiles awkwardly pointing at the hall with his thumb.

"Xavier," I find myself blurting without thought. "Where were you guys all night? I mean what did you do?" I say trying to sound casual.

"Oh! Aaron must've showed up," he pursed his lips. "Idiot," he muttered and I looked at him waiting for an answer. "Uh.. We hung out in the arcade room a bit, then we stayed at Becca's because she has no roommate to disturb."

My heart sank for the millionth time.

"Becca's? Must've been cool!"

"Nah.. I gave them some pills. Aaron passed out which was funny. Becca then kicked us all out, me and Sam. Wild b****," he chuckled.

"Aaron collapsed? Why?"

"Told'im he gotta go easy on himself after taking the pill, but he is pig-headed. He insisted to get to you before breakfast. He tried and passed out."

"He's still drunk!"

"Yeah, kinda gave them a big dose," he scratched the back of his neck and I breathed through my nose.

"How were you allowed in with those pills anyway?!" I say almost laughing at my misery.

"Ha! Xavier's a master mind, miss," he winked.

"Wow," I say not impressed at all. "Where's Becca anyway?" I say sighing.

"Too tired to budge," he shrugged and looked at me.

Tired, huh? I bet.

"Good."

"What?"

"Never mind, let's just go," I say grabbing him with me.

-----------------

Xavier and I were standing in a line.

"What do you have for breakfast?" I ask him.

"Fried eggs and french fries," he says puffing his chest out. I nodded as my turn came and I ordered my food.

I tell Xavier where I sit and we say our byes.

I sit on my chair and started eating my sandwiches.

Neither Dean nor Sam were there yet. Even Syd didn't turn up.

I sigh and sip on my coffee.

They never came. Feeling bad is just an understatement.

-----------------

I return back to my dorm finding it empty. I sigh exasperated.

"Where the hell are you now, Aaron?" I say loudly.

"Here!" a voice says and I gasp. "Under the bed," he then throws a shoe from under the bed and I jump in surprise.

"What are you doing under the bed, Aaron?" I sigh tiredly.

"I saw a monster!" his voice comes muffled from under the bed.

I sigh rolling my eyes amused.

"There are no monsters here, Aaron. You're hallucinating," I say stooping down as he startles on seeing me and lets out a shriek. He then claps his hands on his mouth.

"Get up!" I tell him sternly.

He then gingerly came out looking at me wide eyed.

"What happened?" he says.

"I don't know," I shrug.

"They were there," he points at my bed.

"The monsters?"

"Yes," he nods vigorously.

"Oh God! What did Xavier give you?"

"I'm so scared, Mom Amelia!" he says shuddering.

"I'm not your mom," I tell him rolling my eyes. "Just go to bed and-"

"You're not mom?" he says looking at me in wonder. "Then who are you?"

I scoff and he stares more.

"Your roommate, Aaron. You really need to sleep."

"But I'm scared," he says advancing on me. He looked like an overgrown baby.

"Haha. Very funny Aaron. Get lost," I tell him crossing my arms.

"I am scared," he looks at me. "I'm not trying to be funny," he tells me raising his hands. "I'm not."

I sigh.

"Fine. Suit yourself. Don't sleep," I shrug and sit on my bed.

There were three taps on the door and I gasped.

Dr. Michael is here and Aaron is f***ing drunk.

I get up immediately and sit next to Aaron on his bed.

"Aaron don't say a thing. Okay?"

"Mama Amelia, someone's knocking. I'll go open-"

"No, no, no," I say quickly grabbing his arm. "This is Dr. Michael. Okay? Uh.. Act not drunk."

"I'm perfectly fine!" he says smirking. "Anything else mom?"

"Don't call me mom, please. Not in front of him," I tell him quickly. "And try to look angry. Okay? You always were with him."

"You can't control me!" he says loudly.

S***. That was loud. There were more knocks.

"I'm your mom, remember?" I say urgently.

"Yeah. Okay. I'll act not drunk. Fine," he says grinning.

"Come in!" I say nervously.

The door opens and Dr. Michael steps in. He then sits on my bed.

"Hello Amelia. How are you doing?" he says smiling.

"And you Aaron? How've you been holding up?"

Aaron raised both his thumbs up and grinned foolishly.

"Well great! Good to know that you're holding up just fine!"

Aaron nodded grinning.

"So...? Miss Cooper and Mr. Black, you must've been informed about the talent show which will be held next month."

"HOLLY S***! A talent fricking show!" I pinched  Aaron's arms discretely. "Ow!"

Dr.Michael although astonished by his reaction laughs.

"Yes Aaron. Haven't Miss Cooper informed you?"

"Nah. I don't recall," he shrugs and I pinched him again. "Owi I recall!" He glared at me then looked at Dr.Michael and whispered. "I don't recall."

I sigh and focus on Dr.Michael.

"So, is any of you interested?"

"I LOVE DANCING!" Aaron shouts, gets up and sits next to Dr.Michael smirking. "Tell me, what kind of dance though. I mean I can do all starting from quiet and simple to sexy and dangerous!" he says and I pray that he won't suspect a thing.

Dr. Michael smiles to him then turns to me giving me a questioning look. I shrug.

"And you Miss Cooper?"

"I think I will dance with him," I say quietly.

"WITH ME? HELL NO!"

"Aaron? Would you mind lowering your voice a bit?" Dr.Michael looks at his wild look.

"Just a bit?" Aaron looks at him smiling. Dr. Michael nods.  "Okay."

"Miss Cooper so you'll be dancing with Aaron?" Dr.Michael said taking a notepad from his backpocket.

"Yes," I say smirking.

"Okay, you might want to start practicing from tomorrow because the auditions will be in a week, more precisely next Tuesday," he purses his lips and smiles.

"Oh," I say realizing how close this is.

"Mr.Black. I would like you to write whatever things you require to practice. Equipment. Special clothes. Yeah?" he cuts a paper from his notepad and hands it to him.

"Thank you, sir!" he beams at the piece of paper in his hands. "I guess I'll need a pen."

Dr. Michael gave him his pen smiling at him.

"I can't deny how astonished I am with your status! Although you definitely look short of sleep, but I see you've started to accept yourself," Dr. Michael says looking approvingly at Aaron.

"Yeah," Aaron said beaming foolishly at Dr.Michael.

"Well.. If you're all doing just fine, I guess I'll leave, then! I'll see you guys tomorrow!" he said getting up and turning to leave.

"Doctor!" Aaron suddenly blurted and Dr.Michael stopped and looked at him.

"I love you!" Aaron said getting up and opening his arms for a hug.

I suppress my undying laughter. Sane Aaron is so hating drunk Aaron for doing this.

Dr.Michael smiled and hugged him back.

"I love you too, Aaron. Go and have a nice sleep," Dr.Michael winked at him and finally left.

I finally let out my laughter. Aaron stared at me as if I was another creature.

"What you laughing at?"

"What was the 'I love you' speech for?" I say laughing.

"What's your problem? I met a man. I loved the man. I told the man I loved him. That simple it is," he glares at me and lays on his bed closing his eyes.

I sigh and return back to bed. I can't deal with stupid, reckless, drunk Aaron.

----------------

Although I really felt disappointed when Aaron told me he slept with Becca, I think I shouldn't really be. After all, who am I to judge his actions?

I sit up on my bed and stare at stirring Aaron. He was still sleeping. We have 2 hours until lunch time.

I get up and start stretching.

"Aaron? Wake up!" I say finally deciding to wake him up.

He groans and stirs a bit, then he sits up rubbing his eyes.

"Hello, Am," he whispers.

"Hello Aaron. Please we need to talk."

"Uh-oh, what have I done?" he mutters.

"You judge for yourself. Tell me first what happened? Yesterday?"

"Been a very looong night. We went to the arcade room played the fooler. Xavier and I won. Xavier lied to Sam about some pills, told him that they were aspirin. Told Xavier I wanted some too. Then I don't remember what happened at all after that," he says shrugging as he tried to focus.

"Well let me fill you in. First, you slept with Becca," I say and he jolts up from the bed.

"WHAT! THAT'S IMPOSSIBLE!"

"You told me that," I say trying to sound casual.

He sighs covering his face with his hands.

"So is it true?" I ask him, still having hope that he didn't actually do that.

"I don't know. I hope not," he says biting his lower lip (which was lowkey hot af). What the f*** am I even thinking?!

"Second, you literally told Dr.Michael you loved him," I say cringing as I know what his reaction will be like.

"F*** NO!" he says slapping his forehead. "Why didn't you stop me?!"

"It was so unexpected! He was leaving and you just blurted it out! You even hugged-"

"No, don't continue. This is mental porn!" he said holding out his left hand.

I laugh and he looks at me.

"I must've been a mess!" he says screwing his eyes shut.

"Totally! Like, I came from breakfast finding you under your bed. You apparently saw monsters. You even called me mom Amelia!" I say remembering.

Aaron just gapes at me.

"Well that's terrible!" he says. "I'm killing Xavier."

"Oh and we're supposed to write down what we need for the talent show and we are supposed to start practicing from tomorrow because the auditions will be next Tuesday."

"Holly! I feel like I missed a whole life!" he says amazed.

"So..." I start thinking that confrontation is the best. "You and Becca?"

"What about her?"

"I don't know. You tell me," I say winking at him and he rolls his eyes.

"No and no. Becca is just a friend. She is nothing to me, really."

"Yeah, right. I saw the looks she gave you, Aaron."

"I know, by the way. She was forcing me to sleep with her. Whether I slept or not, I can't remember. But I remember refusing," he shrugs and sighs. "Besides, it won't feel right, you know. Sleeping with your best friend's crush. That'd be a dick move."

I feel like a weight has been removed from my shoulders.

"Yeah. Anyway, so what will we be doing for the talent show?"

"Well we need speakers, a laptop, internet connection and baggy clothes," he pauses and looks at me. "Am I missing anything else?"

"I don't think so. So what will our dance be like? Slow? Crazy?"

"Crazy laced with energy! I love the sound of that!"

"Okay! Got a song on your mind?"

"Haven't been listening for a century. Like, the last song I heard was Rabiosa by Shakira."

"Woah! That is old. Well, how about we decide after we get the laptop and all? I'll show you all the songs I know!"

"Cool, then," he smiles and suddenly clutches his head and he screws his face.

"What's wrong?" I say looking at him curiously.

"I don't know. But I'm having that headache. A terrible one," he says with difficulity.

"You haven't been sleeping at all," I say, "Maybe you should tell Dr.Michael. Like now!"

"Argh!" he groans as he staggers back to his bed.

"Oh my god! Aaron? Hold up! Have you taken your medicine?"

"No," he mutters between his groans.

"NO?! Are you serious?! Do you wanna die?!" I say looking frantically for his medicine.

"You won't find it!" he says still clutching his head.

"What? What are-"

"I threw it," he gulps and I gasp.

"S***, Aaron! What am I supposed to do?!"

"Shut up! Do nothing and shut up!" he said pressing hard on either sides of his head.

I glare at him.

"Since when haven't you slept, Aaron?" I ask him urgently.

"Two weeks or three. I don't know!"

"Holly! Oh god! Are you crazy, Aaron? You can f***ing die! Oh god!"

But Aaron didn't answer, instead he collapsed on his bed.

I let out a shriek. He fainted!

F***!

I don't know what to do, but I have to act quickly if I was to save his life.

I decided that I had to find Dr.Michael. I take the bobby pin and try to open the door with my shaking hands.

"Come on! F***!" I whisper as I sweat. I glance back at motionless Aaron and try more.

The door opens. I take a deep breath and start running down the corridors. Left. Right. Another right. Left.
I found it. The doctors' aisle. I take a deep breath walk. A door opens as a thin woman with high heels walked out and stopped looking at me.

Perfect! Exemplary!

Doctor Cherry.

I slow down and look at her.

"May I ask why are you out of your dorm, miss?"

I clench my fists.

"I need to see Dr.Michael. Now!"

"You got me. I'm a doctor too," she says crossing her arms.

"Thank you, but you aren't our doctor," I say urgently, but she doesn't budge.

"Too bad, he's having an appointment now," she says curling a strand of hair on her finger.

"I don't believe you," I sneer at her and she smirks. I decided if she wasn't going to move then I will.

I walk down the aisle and almost reach Dr.Michael's door when she holds my arm.

"What the hell?!" I say pulling my arm away.

"Where the hell do you think you are? You don't go where you want when you want miss," she says pursing her red glossed lips.

"It's an emergency!" I say trying to maintain my cool.

"Who told you I believe you either?" she snickered looking at her perfectly manicured nails.

"My - roommate - just - fainted - and - I - want - to - save - his - life," I say gritting my teeth as I press on every and each word.

"Good story. I must say, I'm convinced," she nodded smirking.

That's it. That woman has just pulled that card.

"WOMAN! I'M TELLING YOU THAT MY ROOMMATE HAS JUST FAINTED AND I DON'T KNOW WHAT'S WRONG WITH HIM! LAST THING I'D WANT TO DO IS STAND HERE AND CONVERSE WITH YOU WHEN MY ROOMMATE MIGHT BE DYING BECAUSE HE HASN'T SLEPT FOR ALMOST THREE F***ING WEEKS. SO I'D F***ING APPRECIATE IT IF YOU GET OUT OF MY F***ING WAY BEFORE I F***ING ATTACK YOU. AND TRUST ME WHEN I SAY I'LL F***ING ENJOY IT!" I feel the blood boiling in my veins as I watch her jaw drop.

A couple of doors opened and a few heads peeked to see what's the reason behind all that commotion. I use her stunned status and turn to Dr.Michael's door.

I knock hurriedly and here his voice telling me to come in.

I open the door and barge in the room.

"Doctor! Aaron- It's Aaron! He has fainted!" I say breathlessly as he inmediately got up from his chair, grabbed a kit and hurriedly left.

I followed him and luckily Dr.Cherry was still standing to see for herself.

I sit on my bed staring at Aaron's empty bed. Dr.Michael took him away to the clinic. He told me he'll be fine as long as he took his medicine. But he doesn't know he threw it away. He doesn't know he took some other drug that could end him.

A part of me is very guilty for not telling him. Dr.Michael says that he'll get through it, but I knew better from his face expression.

Aaron was exhausted, but he never showed it. He was always laughing, always smiling, always fine. Stupid Aaron always pretending, always covering up his pains.

I might as well lose him forever. I mean, what happens for a person who hasn't slept for 3 straight weeks, huh?

You tell me.

Death is definitely a possibility. He looked dead to me already, behind his laughs and all. He was messed up.

I hope he'll pass this time. Please, god. Please, please, please let him be fine.

I hear three taps on the door and I jump up.

"Come in, please!" I say nervously as Dr.Michael barges in. "Tell me, how is he?"

"He's breathing. We put him to forced sleep. He needed it," he says sighing. "I thought he was fine-" he said looking frustrated. " -when I last saw him."

"He never took his medicine," I say quickly. "He always acted like he was just fine."

"I know that," he says shutting his eyes wearily.

"For how long will he stay at the clinic?" I asked.

"Not less than 3 days," he says pacing around the room.

"Why couldn't he sleep?" I ask scared of the answer.

"He has a sleeping phobia, Miss Cooper. It was triggered when his mom died, because he suffered from insomnia before that."

I gasp as I stumble to bed.

"A person having a sleeping phobia would be terrified to sleep in fear of missing his/her lover's call. In this case, Aaron won't sleep in fear of missing his mom's call. He would hold on to anything about her. Her voice. She was the one singing the nurse rhyme he had on his recorder if you hadn't realized. His uncle sent him here, seeing how bad he has gone," he sighs and continues. "His uncle reported that he would hear him talking to his mom in the middle of the night. It was extraordinary. His uncle would wake up finding Aaron hanging himself upside down trying to listen to his mom's calls. He would go anywhwere, risk anything just to hear his mom's calls, which ofcourse won't happen. His uncle was worried. Took him to all hospitals. Aaron was physically wearing away, because of his lack of sleep.

"Nobody could explain why he couldn't sleep. Before his uncle committed him to an actual asylum for mad people, he contacted us. We knew what's wrong. The day when he snapped at you all. Third of June. It's the day his mom passed away. I wasn't angry at him when he snapped and ran away. I understood his pains."

I feel the tears spilling from my eyes.

"His father's death made it much worse. Especially that he was forced to live with an uncle he hates." he continues. "Aaron wouldn't tell you about all this, thinking that you will think he was a wierdo. A mad person. He forced himself to pretend that everything was okay in moments where he needed saving. I would thank god that he fainted. That gave us a warning that things can't just go on this way. Because next time, he might collapse and never get up again."

I look at my hands blurred by my tears.

"However, Aaron's problem shouldn't affect your own health, I hope. Stay safe, until I notify you with any additional changes," he turns to leave, but I call him and he turns around.

"Can I visit him?" I ask him hesitatedly.

"I wouldn't recommend that. But you can if necessary after dinner," he smiles weakily and leaves.

I sighed and glanced at the clock. It was lunch time, but I didn't feel like eating. I have definitely lost my appetite. Somehow the tone Dr.Michael was using was like an accusing tone. As if I was the reason behind all that. I can't say I'm completely innocent.

Maybe if I told him about what Xavier has given him, something else would've happened. But I can't see what else could've happened except for pulling Xavier into deep s***.

I decided that I'll go out since the door is unlocked as it's lunchtime. I won't head to the foodcourt though. I'll just roam around.

I open the door and step into a crowded hall. Since they were moving to the left, I decided to head to the right.

I got nudged by people's shoulders before finally everyone was gone and the hall was empty. I reach a fork where I stop trying to remember which one did Aaron and I used last time. But before I could decide I heard the sound of someone hiccoughing and sniffling. It was coming from my right.

I slowly turn to the right finding a girl crying with her knees up her chest. Her hair was held up with some paint brushes and I gasp in realization.

She raises her face and wiped her tears furiously.

"Vat are you doin 'ere?" she says in an accent I couldn't recognize.

"I.. er...I'm so sorry," I say quickly looking at her in amazement. "I didn't mean to-"

"It'z okay," she says stretching her legs in front of her. "You can zit if you vant to," she pats the place next to her and I hesitatedly sit there.

"Cecilia, right?" I say studying her. Her shirt was soaked in tears.

"Yez and you?" she say removing some hair strands from her face.

"Amelia." I say quietly as she nods and purses her dark pink lips.

There was an awkward silence before she broke it suddenly.

"Am I ugly?" she says quickly.

I stare at her surprised by the question as her eyes search for an answer.

"No! No! You're actually very pretty!" I say sitting up.

"You're lying," she says as she screws her face and her eyes fill with tears.

"I'm not-"

She holds up her hand stopping me.

"I am ugly! I am even the ugliest of my zizterz. Do you have any idea vat zat meant to my family? Zey are known for beauty. I'm like- like," she hiccups pointing at herself as tears spill from her eyes. "-I'm like za black sheep of za family," she takes a tissue from her purse and blows her nose. "I am fat. I look ugly. My face is dry. I am ugly. At least zat waz vat all my family said."

She pauses and looks at me.

"I have no friendz. I'm alone. No one talks to me. I have no roommate like you do and everyone does. I hate vat you see. Vat you look at," she says circling her index finger around her face. "I hate my reflection!" she bursts as she cried. "You see my reflection! You judge me based on my reflection! You all do! My family did! No vonder vy my family hated me. Zey hated my reflection. Dylan-" she whispered his name and gasped as she brings her hands to her mouth.

I put my hand on her arm and she continued.

"Even Dylan, whom I thought loved me," she pinches her thigh and shut her eyes. "He told me he hated me. Said he didn't vant me. Me! My face! My body! It'z a curse!" she whimpered and covered her face. I frowned and sighed.

D for Dylan. D for dick.

"But you're beautiful, Cecilia! Even ask all my friends! They all thought you were pretty, I swear. Why do you think Sam drew you? You, Cecilia!" I say taking her hands. "Besides, you're talented! You're an artist, Cecilia!" I say looking at her hopefully.

"I zlapped him!" she gasped. "I thought he waz mocking me! Zey all did!"

"He wasn't, trust me!"

She stared at me and sighed.

"Zen, I guess I owe him an apology," she shrugs and wipes her face from the tears.

"Please don't cry! Believe in yourself and your beauty! Embrace it, Cecilia! What has beauty done? What is the worth of beauty if the person is rotten from the inside, Cecilia? If someone'll love you it'll be for your inner jewel! If they loved you for your face, then, may god forbid, if you had an accident and you got scarred, he/she will leave you behind Cecilia! You got to know what actually matters! And that definitely isn't your reflection! It's your soul! And you have a beautiful one!" I say sighing. "But you're beautiful, anyway!"

She sighs and holds my hand tightly.

"I hope za vorld vas like zat. I hope nobody cared about their reflection! But zey do," she said miserably.

"You have a beautiful reflection, Cecilia!"

"It'z okay! You don't need to lie. I won't be hurt if you told me za truth," she says crying again.

"How will you know how you looked if you don't look at yourself?" I tell her slowly.

She gasps in horror.

"You vant me to see vat caused me all zat pain?! My reflection?! C'est impossible!" she says her eyes widening.

I look at her sympathetically.

"Do you have any idea how difficult zis is?! To look at my reflection! I keep painting possibilities of how my reflection vould look like! Zey all are sad pictures. Zey portrait a broken self. I keep asking myself iz zat how I look like? Each picture is uglier than za previous! All becauze of zis!" she points at herself and lets go of my hands. "I'm zorry I depressed you wiz my life. I sink I'd rather go. Aurevoir, Amelia," she gets up and didn't give me a chance to even reply back.

I sigh and rest my head on the wall behind. What a truly happy day! Soon I hear the footsteps of many people approaching and quickly get up making my way back to my dorm or else I'll get locked out.

I only know one thing. I can't wait for dinner time.

I make my way to the food court. It was finally dinner time. I hear a familiar voice calling me and I turn around finding Xavier making his way to me.

"Hey!" he says rubbing the back of his head awkwardly.

"Hi," I say smiling weakly at him.

"Umm.... Where have you been? Lunch time? I was looking for you," he said chuckling awkwardly.

"Oh. I..wasn't hungry. I hung out with Cecilia."

"Really? That's cool! Uh.. You must be starving, right?" he rubs his hands grinning.

"Yeah," I say weakly.

"You don't sound right. Is everything okay?"

"Yeah," I repeat looking at him.

"I know better. Tell me, what did life do to you?" he smiles rocking to and fro.

"It's just Aaron fainted. Hasn't been sleeping for 3 whole weeks," I say sighing.

"Oh," he mutters looking down. "Is he fine? Now?" he asks quickly.

"Yeah, he'll be in the clinic for a while," I sigh again and he stares at me.

"Must've been an ordeal."

"Yeah, whatever, let's just head to the food court, yeah?"

"Yeah, sure."

We walk to the court and soon are standing in a line waiting for our turn.

I usually have toast and jam for dinner with a cup of milk. Yeah, I love milk. Go figure!

Xavier orders some spaghetti and then he blurted.

"Can I come and sit next to you? Since Aaron's not there? Besides, you can do with some company,don't you think?" he says studying me. I look at him curiously and nod.

"Yeah, sure. Why not?"

We then make our way to my place. I wasn't really comfortable with having replaced Aaron with Xavier, but something's telling me that he'd be disappointed if I refused.

I sit as the chairs of Sam and Dean remain unoccupied. I sigh and start spreading the jam to my toast.

"So? Are you in the talent show?" Xavier says forking his spaghetti.

"I wanted to, but I don't think so."

"Why not?"

"I was supposed to be doing this with Aaron. But you know... he's in the clinic," I sigh and drink milk.

"What were you planning to do, anyway?"

"Dance."

"That'd be great!"

"You?"

"I've got no talent except for bullying people about their existence."

I laugh and look at him. His jett black eyes were twinkling.

"Come off it, Xavier. You're better than that," I say looking at his face which looked just like a lost boy's face. "How old are you?" I ask interested.

"I'm 22," he says smirking. "You?"

"17."

"You're still a teenager. Boo!" he says chuckling.

"Oh shut it! Tell me, Xavier, why all those piercings. Like you got two on your nose, one on your lips and one on your eyebrows. That's a lot."

"Why? Aren't they cool?" he says. "They make me look sexy, don't you think?" he wriggles his eyebrows and I almost spit the milk from my mouth.

"Nah," I say looking back at my toast.

"Sucks you can't see through my attractiveness," he says smirking.

"Stop flirting with me!" I say laughing at him.

"I'm not! Being flirty is just in my genes. Even my brother is like that," he says as if complaining.

"You have a brother?" I say surprised.

"An older one. He's in the army, god bless him," he says looking down as if remembering him.

I examine him curiously.

"I actually didn't expect you to be that nice-"

"Yeah, yeah that's what they all said. Besides, didn't I tell you what my talent was? Damn, I suck at making first impressions," he cringed and I laughed. "What are you planning to do after dinner?"

"A visit to Aaron," I say quickly focusing on my toast.

"What are you gonna do? Talk to him while he's sleeping?"

"Very funny, Xavier. He might be up. Besides whether he's up or not, he'll get to know that I visited. And that's a friendly gesture to show I cared," I said to an open mouthed Xavier.

"I care too, if ever, so slightly. I'll go with you then," he said dusting off his hands.

"Okay, sure," I said smiling at him.

"Oh my God! Aaron? Is he okay?! You're visiting him? I am so so coming!" a squeky voice said from behind.

I turned finding none, but Becca herself.

"What brought you here?" Xavier said grimacing, voicing my thoughts.

Becca laughed not getting the message behind Xavier's words.

"Always rude, arent you Xavier baby?" she said pinching Xavier's cheeks. I turned around and rolled my eyes. (It was a necessary eyeroll)

"I overheard you guys talking about him and in fact I agree with Amelia. It'd be a good gesture," she said fluttering her eyebrows innocently.
"Actually I'll go now, since I'm done. I'll be the first to go!" she squealed.

"Umm. No," I blurt smiling forcefully. It was MY idea. If she goes-

"No, you don't have to worry about me. I know this place very well!" she exclaims as I gulp down the last piece of toast.

Xavier glares at Becca and says.
"Then, go!" he says angrily.

Becca gives us a small smile and turns to leave.

I get up deciding to leave too, but someone was calling me. I turned finding Syd.

"Excuse me, Xavier," I say quickly to him and he nods.

"Syd!" I say surprised as I make my way to her and hug her.

"How've you been? I didn't see you at breakfast!"

"Yeah, slept late last night. I couldn't get up that early," I shrugged and smiled.

"I haven't seen neither you nor Sam and Dean at lunch!"

"Yeah, I didn't feel like eating. I didn't see Dean or Sam the whole day, either!"

"Wow they didn't eat the whole day!" she said frowning. "I see you hanging out with Xav," she said waving at Xavier who was watching us intently. "Where's Aaron, though?"

"He's in the clinic. He fainted in the morning before lunch."

"Oh my gosh! Is he okay?!" she says dramatically placing a hand on her chest.

"Yeah. He'll be away for a while."

"Can we visit him?"

"Yeah, we were actually heading there now," I said referring to Xavier.

"I'll go with you then," she shrugged.

"Xavier!" I call him and he gets up heading to us. "We'll go now, yeah?"

"Yeah, sure! Let's bounce!"

------------------------

After about half an hour we find ourselves standing infront the where Aaron is.

A nurse comes of his room and looks at us.

"Other visitors for Aaron, huh?" she says smiling and we all nod smiling awkwardly. "He's awake, but I'm afraid there's someone already there. So you'll have to wait."

Becca.

"Who's in there before us? Could it be Sam and Dean?" Syd asked me and Xavier.

"I wished it was, but it's Becca," I say boredly.

"Becca? What's she doing here?" she winced.

"She obviously crushes on the guy," Xavier said what I was afraid to admit.

"Oh my god, that's so wrong!" Syd said looking at me stunned. "Dean-" she started.

"I know," I say quickly and Xavier stares at us.

After 10 more minutes of waiting for Becca to get out, the door finally opens.

Becca for once looked depressed, she then glared at me and left immediately.

"Damn what was that for?" Xavier said looking at her back.

"Don't know," I say quickly. "Let's get in."

We get in Syd first, then Xavier, then I into a tiny room with one bed where Aaron sat up.

There were no machines connected to him except for the heart one. He looked at all of us with no expression on his face. His looked a bit healthier. His hair was messy and his eyes focused and sharp. He then stared at me.

"Why did you guys come? You shouldn't have come!" he said tiredly.

"That's what I told them, I -" Xavier starts and I step on his foot and he stops.

"You fainted Aaron. That doesn't happen everyday. We came here to celebrate," Xavier says again sarcastically and I glare at him.

"Of course we had to come!" Syd said warmly as she approached him. "How are you?!"

"I'm GREAT!" he says raising his arms exaggeratingly. I knew better though, he was tired.

"We can see how 'great' you are," Xavier mutters under his breath.

"Amelia," Aaron says. "Who else did you tell? Do I have to expect the whole fricking asylum?!" he said irritably.

"No!" I say quickly. "Becca overheard! I was planning to tell Sam and Dean, but they didn't come today."

Aaron sighed and sank in his bed.

I move closer to his bed next to Syd.

"You have overexerted yourself, Aaron," I say softly as he looks up looking straight into my eyes. "You don't need to pretend anymore. We don't expect anything special out of you."

He keeps staring and then looks away covering his face with his hands. He then laughs.

"What are you talking about? I am a heartless person, remember? I don't pretend to be anything for anyone! So if I'm anything, I'm it for myself," he said loudly.

"You haven't slept for 3 weeks! 3 weeks, Aaron!" Syd added worriedly. "You don't expect us not to be worried, do you?"

"No I don't! You are wasting your times visiting a person who came to the clinic just to sleep!" he shouted looking drained.

I looked at Xavier who glared at me.

"I'm visiting my best friend!" I argue.

"BULLSHIT, AMELIA! Bullshit! Did you believe this whole story?! Did you actually believe we will be best friends? Soon enough I'll be leaving and you may stay here! Who will remember a psychotic friend who was my roommate?! Not me! Not anyone! It's just a temporary phase, for god's sake!" he screams in my face and I flinch staring at him.

No one speaks. Silence was now a heavy brick settling on my heart and blurring my vision. I looked at his still furious face, but gentle eyes.  Syd held my arms, but I pull my arm away.

I, feeling the tears fill my eyes, walk straight out of the door slamming it behind me.

Yeah right, stupid Amelia! How can you be remembered?! Did you forget your worth?!

I soon was running down the empty corridors crying openly, until I reach my dorm and collapse on my bed crying my eyeballs out.

I wake up next morning having a severe headache. The sun was shining brightly from the window. I get up and stretch.

I walk gloomily to the closet, grab a white shirt and a pink skirt I find, and head for a shower.

I stand in the shower staring at the tiles. I don't want to live. Maybe death was my cure. What will pills do to my sick soul?

I feel the tears slipping down as I remember yesterday's events. I remember Aaron's face saying what he said. It was void of emotion, it was dead.

I finish showering and dress up. I look at the clock, it was 9:45. Fifteen minutes to breakfast.

I sit on my bed staring at Aaron's empty bed. Maybe I overestimated the friendship I thought we had.

I pop a pill in my mouth and swallow it hard feeling my vision blurry again with tears.

I grimace as for once I wanted my mom to hug me. Tell me that it'll be alright. That I'm worth better. That I'm right and they are wrong. But I knew better. She threw me here, getting rid of me. So she's no longer responsible for me. So that I don't embarrass her with my disease.

Soon I hear the sound of the lady announcing breakfast, but I don't budge. I don't want to go. I don't want to eat. I'm just sick of this routine. Wake up. Take medicine. Eat. Eat. Eat. Sleep. Repeat. Repeat. Repeat.

I have 6 days to Friday. 11 days for the talent show auditions. 47 pills left.

My mind drifts to Adam. My imaginary love. How can someone unreal be so real? So perfect. I miss him beyond belief. I needed him more than ever. Maybe I should throw my medicine like Aaron did and simply get to see Adam again.

I don't care what people would say. After all we're all crazy in our own ways. Maybe he's my crazy. But a voice inside wants to give him up. Let him go.

What's the point of it? Besides do I really want to spend an eternity here? Locked in my imagination? Do I really want to give up on this?

I get up and pace around the room. Adam is a shadow of my pain. Nothing more. I keep whispering that to myself feeling the tears spilling from my eyes again.

I glance at Aaron's empty bed and suddenly felt so alone. So alone with my disease as my company. Aaron was kind of right. We were to leave one day. And once we leave no one will look back and remember a crazy friend. Life would go on. The sad one truth.

Suddenly the door opens and I gasp.

Aaron enters and gasps.

"Why aren't you in the food court?" he asks quickly taken aback.

"Why aren't you in the clinic? Are you crazy?! What are you doing here?!" I say freaking out as I wipe away my tears furiously.

"I couldn't stay, Am," he said as he staggered inside.

"Wha- what? Bullshit Aaron! Why are you here? I want to be alone!"

"Please Am. Please, I'm sorry."

"Get your ass back to the clinic, Aaron or I'll tell Dr.Michael, NOW!" I march determinedly to the door but he clutches my arm.

"I won't let you," he said simply. "I'm so sorry Amelia. Whatever I said yesterday. I'm so so sorry."

"Please don't make it worse than it already is," I try to free myself from his clutch, but to no avail.

"It's just that... I felt so messed up. I never wanted you to see me in that condition," he said urgently looking in my eyes.

"Yeah right. You are wrong! You are weak and pathetic! You can't face your weakness! You can't accept the fact that she is DEAD. YOUR MOM IS DEAD! You can't accept your disease! You'll die without even trying to fight it! You are a stupid git! And I really need to GO!" I say angrily.

He looks at me horrified probably because I know the whole truth now.

"No! Please, Am. I'm an arse. I know it. Whatever I said yesterday is unforgivable, especially that I know how hurt you were when you lost your imaginary boyfriend. I shouldn't have said that, Am. I'm sorry. I'm so sorry. We are friends we'll always be-"

"Enough, please-" I say trying to pull my arm away.

"Amelia. What I said yesterday, I was scared. Remember when I said that I'll leave and never remember you? That was a lie, Am. I know I'll probably spend an eternity here or end up dead. But you will heal. You will leave. You will forget me. I was just so scared you will be the one to do that," he said panting and I stared at him.

"So you decide to let me burn in the pain for your satisfaction! This is-"

"Amelia. After my mom died I had no friend. I couldn't be the popular jock I used to be anymore. I could no longer talk to anyone without him calling me a creep. I was nothing. Then my dad died and my uncle locked me at home. I didn't attend the second semester of my senior year at school. I was homeschooled instead. I was pathetic. Please give me a chance to prove you wrong. I know I'm falling down. I know I'm dying. But, I want to die when I'm here. With you," his eyes flutter and my heart stops as he searches in my eyes for hope. He lets me go and I stand staring at him.

He's hurt and I know it! But so what? Who's not hurt in this f***ing world? Who of us hasn't life crushed a million times until you were begging for mercy then crushed you again until you're raw?

I too lost my parents. I too is sick. But I don't go adding to people's misery! Everyone was forced to swallow the s*** life threw at us, but he can't keep hurting me and take his disease as an excuse!

"So that's it! Every time you feel angry or weak or confused or f***ed up, you'll just take your disease as an excuse? You'll come apologizing? Again and again? Do I have to expect that I'll get hurt, again? It won't work! I have my own s*** to bother with, Aaron! Don't ever think that you're the only one life has thrown s*** at!" I say feeling the tears come.

He looks at me miserably.

"I know-"

"I can't see that," I say quickly wiping my tears.

"It was a terrible big mistake! I'll have to pay for it!"

"You are a selfish coward!" I say before I can stop myself. "You never told me what was wrong with you even though I trusted you and told you everything! Now you come and tell me all that? Now I get to discover that you haven't slept for a month and that you may die?" I say uttering a whimper at the mere possibility. "That's what's left? Now you come and tell me you will never be my friend because you will die? Is that even a thing? Now you admit? Too late, Aaron. I can't help you," I say sniffling back the tears.

Somehow I can't see him suffer. Not after all we went through together. I felt I was drawn to him. That I can never let him go. It was a connection I couldn't explain.

"Then, I hope I die. I'm so sorry, Am. But not everyone is as strong as you! You think its out of cowardice that I can't sleep, huh? You. Haven't. Got. The. Slightest. Idea. How. Much. I. Suffer," he says as a blood vessels pop on his temple.

"WE ALL SUFFER!" I say exasperated. I just can't see him give up. Not that quickly. Not yet. "The only difference is that you let that get the better of you! That's pathetic! I had to give up the love of my life to live healthy again. I had to give up my Adam for god's sake! My mom didn't give two s***s about me! She was better off dead for me, Aaron! You have any idea how much I suffered? I suffered enough for my brain to create a perfect imaginary character to compensate for my loss! My father when I was 14! You see me giving up? Talking to the air? Wake up, Aaron!" I say finding myself throwing punches at Aaron's chest. "You have to wake up!" Punch. "Wake up!" Punch.

"There's no use flogging a dead horse, Am," he finally says clutching my fists. "I want to die."

I back away from him hopelessly.

"That's it?" I say bitterly. "You've already let go?"

"WHY DO YOU CARE?!" he bursts out suddenly. "IT'S MY LIFE! I DON'T WANT TO LIVE! IT'S NOT LIKE I WAS ANYTHING TO YOU!" he pants and I gasp.

"YOU THINK YOU'RE NOTHING TO ME. STUPID MORON! WHAT IS- I-" I shut up glaring at him.

"I want to die. I can't stand any more losses."

"STUPID-SELFISH- GIT! DIDN'T YOU THINK WHAT'LL HAPPEN TO ME IF I LOST YOU?! I DONT WANT TO LOSE YOU! I CAN'T AFFORD IT, AARON!"

"I can't afford living."

"So you're telling me there's nothing worth holding on to for life?" I say quietly horrified.

He shuts up and sits on his bed clasping his hands.

"Go back to the clinic, Aaron. When I come back you better not be here," I say opening the door and stepping into the empty hallway. And here came the tears.

I am engulfed in an ocean of emotion. I am drowning and drowning because in a world where I want to stay afloat, my emotions are always my anchor.

I am angry. I am sad. I am disappointed. I am depressed. All which dissolve and come out as tears so transparent, so light, yet so heavy with the pain they're carrying.

I wander aimlessly in the halls. I don't want to head to the food court. There's no way anyone will get to see me like that.

Was Aaron anything to me after all? Maybe he's right. Why should I care? But there was something stirring inside me. A feeling squirming in my guts. And I knew if I said he meant nothing to me, I would be lying.

I round a corner when I slam into somebody. I quickly wipe my tears and look up.

Xavier.

"Amelia!" he says gasping.

"Hey there," I say smiling weakly.

"What-where-I was looking for you! You never showed up just like Sam and Dean!"

"What are you doing here?" I ask curtly and immediately regret it. It's just that sometimes you really want to be alone and sort out the s*** the world has just chucked on you.

"I- I was- I'm sorry- Becca angered me and so I decided to avoid her or I'd end up knocking down my cousin," he says flushing.

"Oh no, it's okay. I'm just a little messed up."

"Oh," he says quietly. "I can go! Ofcourse, if you want me to!" he added quickly.

"No. It's okay. You can stay," I say as I started walking again aimlessly.

"Where are you going?"

"I don't know. All I know is any where far away from my dorm."

"Boring in there, yeah?"

"Yeah, you- you can say that."

He grins and I watch him think.

"How about we go check up on Sam and Dean? They haven't shown up for almost 2 days."

"That's a brilliant idea!" I say quickly fancying his idea.

"Let's go then. Oh wait!" he stops middway.

"What?"

"Do you know where they stay?"

"Yes, right infront of me!"

"Okay. Let's go!"

------------------

"Knock," he tells me.

"No. You knock!" I fire back at him. He narrows his eyes, sighs and knocks.

"Who's that?" I hear someone bellow.

"It's AMELIA!" I bellow back.

We then hear a few 'clocks' and 'clicks' and the door was open ajar.

I set one foot in.

"NOOOOOOOO! DON'T STEP INSIDE!" I stood in my place and find myself staring at a very messy room. Tissues were all over the floor and in the middle stood Dean with tissues up his very red nose and a bobby pin in his hand.

I then hear a colossal sneeze from the inside and realized what was the problem.

I feel Xavier step next to me.

"FLU ALERT! STAY AWAY!" Dean says blowing his nose and I cringe. I look under me and find that I was standing on a tissue. I flinched back and slammed into Xavier. "UNLESS YOU WANT IT!" his voice is so muffled, I almost laugh.

"Amelia?!" Sam steps into view. Apparently he was in the wash room.

"Woah! What happened?!" I ask surprised at their condition.

"A few boogers just happened- OW!" Deam starts then yelps when Sam steps on his feet.

"No really!" I ask seriously and Dean glares at Sam who glares at Xavier. "Well?"

"Let's just leave!" Xavier whispers urgently from next to me and I ignore him.

"Well apparently last Friday, Sam woke me up at like 4 am telling me let's walk naked in the hallways-"

"But Xavier gave me those pills! I thought they were aspirin!" he complained.

I for once laugh.

"And you did it?" I ask Dean stiffling my laughter.

"Well did I have a choice when Sam was literally dragging me out of bed to 'remake' our child moments together? When Sam puts his head to something he will do it," Dean says laughing and Sam covers his face in embarrassment. Xavier and I laugh. "You don't want to know what happens when SAM gets high!" he whistles sending a dirty look to Sam.

I laugh more.

"So you don't get to eat?" Xavier cottons in.

"Don't get to eat? Are you nuts? Dr.Cherry, my doctor-" Dean says and I interrupt.

"She is your doctor?" I ask disgusted.

"Don't even mention it," Sam mutters from next to him as he blows his nose.

"Anyways, I was saying... Dr.Cherry has got us this nurse who checks on us and gets us our food and tissues. AND SHE IS HOOOOT! Like I'd stay sick forever if I'd get her to bend everytime she checks my temperature and goes like 'Are you feeling better, honey?' Like I'm not even sure I have fever because I am sick or because of her," he tried imitating a woman's voice and we all laughed.

"She isn't hot at all!" Sam says. "I don't know what happened to his choice!"

Dean glared at him.

"Anyways, I hope you all get better, but it seems like break time is over," Xavier says and I roll my eyes.

"Yeah, he's kinda right. You ought to go, you know?" Sam says pointedly. "Don't miss us so much! We'll be back before you know it!"

I sigh and realize he was right.

"Okay, I see you both kicking us out, but in a nice way," I say smirking.

"Yeah right! Good you know," Dean says. "Okay, go. Bye!"

"Okay, bye, I guess!"

"Okay bye!"

"BUH-BYE!" Dean finally says closing the door.

We were then engulfed by the crowd coming from the food court.

"So I was saying...I'll catch you later, huh? Don't skip lunch? Please?"

I smile and nod.

"I'll see, but I'm not planning on that anyway. I'll be starving myself then."

He grins.

"Be safe," he says quickly before immediately disappearing in the crowd. I smile and hear someone call me.

I turn around finding a smiling Cecilia.

"Bonjour! 'ello, Amelia, am I right?"

"Hey Cecilia, how've you been?" I ask smiling.

"I'm great, sank you! So I vas vondering if you knew vhere Sam lives. I vant to apologize for being rude," she said looking serious.

"Okay! Actually he's lives right here with his brother!" I say pointing at the door behind me. "I was just there, actually. They're both having a flu."

"Oh! Zat is so unfortunate! I vould have liked to go now, but I'm very vulnerable to flu. I sink I'll have to come anozer time vhen he iz healthy," she says smiling with her dimples.

"Yeah, whenever!"

She then smiles tightly and waves to me telling me bye and I wave back.

Well.. That was interesting.

As soon as my hand touches the door handle everything comes rushing back.

I drop my hand to my side not sure of what was waiting for me. And Aaron had better have left. I mean it.

I gulp and hesitatedly open the door.

I peek inside and it was thankfully empty. Not really sure....

Until...

"Aloha amigo!"

I looked up finding Aaron sitting right on top of his closet.

"What the hell are you doing Aaron?! I told-"

"I was trying to sleep!" he pouts.

"ON TOP OF THE CLOSET?!"

"Why not?!"

"Aaron. Oh god-"

"Don't 'oh god' me right now! You said you didn't want me to die. So I'm trying not to!"

I sigh, look down, then look up at how pillows and blankets were nested at the top of the closet and I laugh.

"What you laughing at?" Aaron asked seriously.

"You're crazy! So is it working? The closet nest?" I craned up my head to get a better view of him.

"No," he said almost immediately. "I'm trying to see what would make me sleep. Position? Place? Hot or cold? So I until now sleeping on my right side is okay. Place not yet. I like it cold under the blankets," he said, his British accent was never clearer.

"It's nice seeing you trying," I tell him.

"What?" he says apparently not hearing what I said. Or pretending not to hear.

"It's nice! Seeing you not give up! What changed your mind so suddenly?"

He cleared his throat.

"I found a purpose, I guess?"

"Really? Care to share?"

"I'll tell you when the right time comes," he said looking at the wall infront of him. "It's getting kind of boring!" He says as he jumps down the closet and I gasp.

"What do you want to do?" I say looking at him in relief. Aaron is back! Hopefully...

"Dance. Start practicing! Today is Monday! We got 6 days! We can do it!" he says his eyes lighting up.

"I don't know, Aaron! You're still recovering from-"

"Say no more! You're in!"

"You can't do that! You really have to stop pretending that you're not exhausted! Do you have any idea how much energy dancing requires?"

"I know! I know, Am. But-but what if the secret why I can't sleep is because of my mental health?!" he says urgently. "What if all I needed to do was dance?"

"Oh come off it, Aaron! You can't sleep because of your mental health only," I say finding his idea ludicrous.

"You may never know!" he says eagerly.

"But-"

"No buts miss! I have to take the chance, Am!" he says holding my shoulders tightly.

"What will we tell Dr.Michael?! Wait- How did you escape in the first place?!"

"The nurses are usually asleep. They really don't expect mentally ill people to have the capability to escape. As for Dr.Michael, he must've already known! So leave it for me!"

"Aaron, this is very, very risky!" I say pacing around the room.

"And what is life without some spice in it?" he says dramatically. "He'll agree. I'll make a deal. Dance for sleep. Simple."

"No simple! Aaron what if-" I say before I was interrupted by the tapping on the door. "S***, he's already there!" I say urgently.

"It's gonna be alright," Aaron mutters reassuringly from next to me.

I glance at him uncertainly and bellow, "Come in!"

The door opens revealing- I gasp and stare worriedly at Aaron.

"Hello! I am here in substitute of Dr.Michael, for he has some work to do," she smiles wickedly and waltzes into the room. "You must've known me by now. I'm Dr.Cherry," she says clutching a clipboard and adjusting her glasses.

I hear Aaron gulp and I pray god everything will go smoothly.

"I guess you were right Am. I shouldn't have left."

"Oh god! You! You little-" Aaron says glaring at her.

"Don't!" I whisper urgently. "You won't get anywhere with that attitude of yours!"

He breathes heavily and sits on his bed still staring at her like an alligator eying its prey.

She smiles defiantly and sits on my bed, filling the air around us with her heavy, suffocating perfume.

"Good morning Aaron! Didn't expect you here," she says with her too girly voice.

Aaron grunts, but doesn't say anything.

"Well, how are you doing?" she said crossing her legs.

Aaron and I share a glance.

"Great! We're doing great!" I say quickly as Aaron mutters under his breath, "doing great without you, b****!"

She purses her hot pink stained lips, raises her eyebrows and scribbles in her clipboard.

"I've heard you had somniphobia and that you were supposed to be in the clinic."

"Fishing for s***, aren't-" I immediately step on Aaron's foot to stop him from putting himself in deeper s***.

Dr.Cherry continues to smile still waiting for an answer.

"Yes," he said pressing on the 's' rolling his eyes.

"Mmmm.. Ofcourse you didn't just by chance escape? Ofcourse not! What were you thinking Cherry!" she said looking at Aaron boredly.

"Actually you were right!" Aaron said hotly. "I escaped out of there!"

I shut my eyes. Stupid. Rash. Aaron.

"I like your honesty. Makes the process, let's say, less complicated."

I can feel Aaron fuming next to me and I pray god he'll not cross his line.

"So tell me Aaron, why did you escape?"

"I'm not telling you. I'm not obliged to do so," he says heatedly.

Dr.Cherry grins.

"I see. Still no improvement," she tsks ruffling through the paper she had. "You're not opening up."

"Doctor!" I finally say annoyed by her foolish, stupid grin. "I don't think he needs to tell you, if he has already opened to someone. I mean the point of this is to relax him and if talking to you won't-" I spit out the words trying to sound as calm as I could possibly be, but ofcourse she had to interrupt.

"Who are you to tell me the point of what I'm doing, miss? The point of this is to obey me. Only. And sure as ever, I didn't give him a choice, miss," she says calmly and smiled looking at me sympathetically. I know what that b**** thinks of us.

Inhale.

Exhale.

Repeat.

Aaron breathes through his nose and taps his feet.

"So Aaron, I didn't know you suffered from anger issues too," she said placing a hand over her chest dramatically. "It must be an ordeal for you, dear."

Aaron ignores her and looks in my eyes as the stormy oceans of his blue eyes calmed down to breezy, easy waves.

"On these occasions, I usually ask the culprits to determine their fate. So, tell me Aaron, how do you want to get punished?"

"Get punished? I'm not a kid! I'm 19! Who do you think you are?!" Aaron says gritting his teeth.

She laughs.

"What's so funny?" I intervene angrily.

"That- was- terribly -funny!" she says laughing. "Ofcourse you're a kid!" she says loudly. "Maybe not physically! But mentally..." she trails off whispering the last bit. "So how about Friday detention!"

Aaron jumps to his feet and I immediately hold his hand and pull him down giving him a warning look.

He then grimaces and sits down again.

"Right," Dr.Cherry gets up. "Oh! I forgot to mention about the talent show. Are any of you interested?" she says looking at us from head to toe. "Shouldn't have asked-"

"Actually yes!" I say not believing what I just said. "We're gonna- gonna dance!" Hate does miracles.

She laughs again throwing her head to the back. God, I want to see that woman choke to death with that stupid laugh of hers.

"Dance? Do you understand what the word means? I'm scared you're just- oh dear, dance she says!" she laughs again clapping her hands. "I hope you know I'm, with all modesty, one of the judges! So I'm not gonna go there to watch crap," she said boredly. "Besides, people with schizophrenia don't dance. I'm scared you'll imagine someone and just-"

"You. Don't. Get. To. Talk. About. Her. That. Way. Infront. Of. Me. And. Expect. To. Get. Away. With. It. Get it? She's out of question," Aaron says getting up and moving a few steps infront of her threateningly before I could stop him.

"Detention. Friday," she smiles at him and heads to the door and leaves.

After she leaves, Aaron just explodes.

"I WAS THAT CLOSE TO PUNSHING HER IN THAT PLASTIC FACE OF HERS AND SENDING HER TO F***ING ANTARTICA! THEN THE F***ING PENGUINS THERE WOULD SEND HER TO SPACE WHERE SHE'LL EXPLODE FROM THE VACCUM AROUND HER! I WAS- I WAS SO ANGRY! I WAS GOING TO F*** HER UP, I SWEAR TO SWEET HEAVENS, AMELIA! YOU KNOW WHAT SHE DID? THAT LITTLE PIECE OF HUMAN FAECES JUST INSULTED YOU WITH YOUR DISEASE! ANNND SHE GOT THE BALLS TO TELL ME! ME?! I HAD DETENTION! WHERE SHE THINKS HERSELF AT? HIGH SCHOOL?"

I stare at him astonished, then laugh at his outbreak.

He paces around the room. "And now I won't even have a FRIDAY! BULLSHIT!"

Although I know what it would mean if you don't get your Friday, but a part of me believed he should be punished. I mean he just broke out of a CLINIC! I'd say thank god if I were him. That b****, Dr.Cherry, could've made it much more difficult for him, for all I know.

I watch him mutter to himself and blurt out, "It could've been much worse."

He stops in his tracks and looks at me and says, "ANNND MY FRIEND IS A TRAITOR. MY LIFE IS COMPLETE! YOU AGREE WI-WITH HER?"

I roll my eyes.

"First I think you should calm down! Then, I kinda agree with her," Aaron glares at me, but I continue. "For all I know, she could've sent you back to the clinic and made sure you never escaped! But since this woman doesn't give a s*** about your health and merely wants to annoy you she gave you Friday detention."

Aaron shuts up and stares at me in deep focus. He then sighed and sat on his bed. He looked defeated and tired.

"Aaron, go on continue your sleep and then we can go for lunch and start practicing our dance. Okay?" I sat on the bed next to him.

"It's just that, I'll have to spend next Friday with her, when I wanted to spend it with you," he stared in my eyes and I felt my heart race.

"Oh, shut up!" I say flustered.

"I meant it, Amelia."

I feel myself blushing and looked away quickly.

"I-I- go to sleep Aaron."

He then climbs up his bed and up the closet in a jiffy.

I stare at him and calm myself.

------------------

"Come on, lady, get up! GET UP!" I feel someone shaking me as I look at Aaron's face.

I groan a bit, but then sit up rubbing my eyes.

"It's lunch time!"

"Lunch time? Already?" I say yawning.

"Yes! Get up! I want you to tie my shoelaces!"

I sigh and get up.

"I'll have to teach you that someday," I say making my way to the washroom to wash my face. I then get out and dry my hands on my clothes. Yeah there is a towel, but C'MON!

I soon was bending down to tie Aaron's shoelaces and notice that his hands were empty.

"Where is the recorder?" I ask surprised he wasn't holding it for a while.

"I-I destroyed it," he simply said and I get up surprised.

"You what?-"

"I destroyed it and threw it out of the window!" he repeated slightly irritated.

"I'm sorry. I didn't know-"

"Yeah, yeah. Let's just go," he says popping a pill in his mouth for the first time and I almost cried from happiness.

We were soon out in the crowd of people. I spot Xavier gaping at Aaron as he makes his way to us.

"Healed too early, eh? Didn't expect you here?" Xavier says looking at him.

"Yeah. Many expected me dead," Aaron said eying him.

Xavier smirked and then looked at me.

"Let's go, yeah?" Xavier said smiling dreamily.

"I-" I try to say, but Aaron spoke first.

"That's what I was saying," Aaron then held my hand and I almost gasped from the surprise. I looked at Xavier who was looking at our intertwined hands.

I look at Aaron for explanation, but he was looking at Xavier.

Xavier gulped and immediately said.
"Yeah! Let's go!"

Aaron dragged me from my left as Xavier walked next to me from my right.

I stared ahead of me feeling utterly confused. What the hell is happening?

We soon ordered our meals and sat in our places, Xavier no longer next to me as Aaron let go of my hand.

I look at Aaron for an explanation, but he was looking at his food throughout. I shrugged and started eating.

I really miss Dean, Sam and Syd.

After 15 minutes of eating, a voice blared from behind me.

"Is it you, Aaron?! Aaron?" I snapped my head to the back finding Syd staring at Aaron angrily.

"Syd!" Aaron and I say at the same time surprised. She determinedly takes Dean's seat and starts lecturing.

"I demand an explanation. Now! NOW! You were supposed to be in the clinic for at least three days. YOU JUST SPENT A NIGHT, AARON?! Are you crazy?!" I looked at Syd's horrified face and suppressed my laughter. "Oh, don't tell me- YOU BROKE OUT! OFCOURSE!"

Aaron stares at her smirking.

"Don't worry he got a Friday detention," I say finishing off my orange juice.

"SERVES YOU RIGHT!" Syd said hotly.

I sigh and decide she won't calm down unless I tell her what exactly happened and that's what I did.

Syd finally sighs and says, "I was just scared for you, Aaron! Not sleeping is life threatening, love. Please don't do that again," she pauses and then looks at me, "Take good care of him, Amelia! Next time he could be dead!" Syd says sounding like a mother.

"Don't worry I slept for a good 20 minutes before lunch and that's an achievement, don't you think?" Aaron says cheerfully as if proud.

Syd and I sigh and soon lunch time was over.

"I really have to go. I gotta go practice you know, for the talent show with Cecilia," Syd said and I gasped.

"You'll draw?" I ask quickly surprised.

"Of course not! I am her assistant on the show!"

"Cool!" Aaron says as Syd gets up.

"She's very punctual, so I guess, see you guys later!" Syd said.

"Wait!" Aaron blurts quickly. "Where do you guys practice?"

Damn, Aaron, for once you ask an important question. Of course, the Dr. Cherry b****, wouldn't have told us.

"Oh! Next to the activity room for Fridays, there'll be a room to its left. Okay? Buh-bye!"

Syd left.

"Okay... It's our turn to leave, too, I guess," Aaron says finally looking at me.

We got up and went out of the court into the crowd and headed to the room Syd told us about.

When we were finally standing infront of it, Aaron looked at me and gave me a reassuring smile and in we went.

"Wow!" I mutter examining the huge area we just stepped in. It was quiet, but occasional random muffled sounds that came from the rooms that stood next to each other. They had glass doors and walls so we could see what is happening in each of them. It looked really appealing.

The aisle leading to the rooms' doors was empty while the rooms were all full of people.

We saw a person reading out something from a paper while moving his hands dramatically. In another room there were a group of five people in wierd customes who were rehearsing something and when we passed by them they stopped what they were doing and stared at us. Another room had a person pressing his ears to the walls.

Whoops that's creepy... But again I've seen to much creepy to know that that's
... okay.

We kept moving trying to look for an empty glass room until we found one at the end of the aisle. At the top of the glass door there was a number in silver. 17.

Aaron tried the door, but it won't open.

"We need a key," he muttered under his breath as he stooped low looking through the keyhole.

"But where do we get it from? Don't tell me we have to tell Dr. Cherry-" I say when a voice interrupted.

"Excuse me? What are you doing here?"

Aaron immediately got up gasping and hit his head with the door knob. I started looking at the source of the voice.

I find myself staring at a short, chubby woman in her mid-thirties with her hair open chewing on a gum.

"How can I help you?" she says smiling gently.

"We were looking for a-a-"

"-a room where we can practice for the talent show," Aaron continues for me as we both stare at the woman.

She studies us for a while popping her gum and then said, "Follow me."

Aaron and I shared a glance, shrugged, then followed her back to where we came from. There was a small wooden door to our left next to the room where there was a person reciting a piece of paper. Apparently, we were so focused on who were in the rooms instead of the rooms themselves.

She then ushered us inside.

The room was so tiny where there was only one table in the middle with many books and files piled over it.

"So tell me," she says opening a big file. "What are your names?" She looked up at us expectedly.

"Aaron and she is Amelia."

She scribbled something in her file.

"Who's your doctor?"

"Dr.Michael," I say quickly.

"Dancing, huh?" she says smirking interestedly.

"Yeah," Aaron and I say together.

"You know I used to dance when I was young. Before I gained all that weight. It's scary how time flies. In a moment you're 18 and all beautiful and in the other you're 37 with 5 children and a stupid husband," she said flipping the pages.

Aaron chuckles and I glare at him. He shuts up.

"You requested a laptop, some speakers and baggy clothes, eh?"

"And an internet connection," Aaron says quickly beaming.

"Okay wait a here," the woman says opening a door behind her, which I didn't know existed, and entered. Woah, this room has got dimensions.

"What the hell did I sign up for?" I whisper urgently.

"Don't worry it'll all be just fine!" he says pursing his lips in determination.

The woman enters with a big bag which she hands to Aaron.

"You're allowed only after lunch and dinner times until midnight," she said boredly handing me a key. "Be careful and try not to break the glass."

"You heard her, Amelia. Try not to break the glass windows," Aaron hissed in my ears and I ignored him. We both knew if anyone would break the glass it would be him.

"Thank you," I say taking the key.

"If you want anything come to me. I am Mrs.Rose, by the way. Have a good time and be safe!" she smiles and winks as she pushes us outside.

We make our way to the room and I open the door quickly. Aaron quickly enters, starts taking the things out of the bag and setting them up while I stretch.

"Okay! All done!" he says clapping his hands excitedly.

I approach him as he struggles with the laptop's touch pad.

"It doesn't want to go there!" he says irritatedly.

"What doesn't want to go there?" I say looking at the screen.

"The fricking pointer!"

I laugh as the cursor wavers pathetically in the same position on the screen.

"Move! I'll take it from here," I say pushing him away.

I click on chrome and go to YouTube.

"So you said you knew songs. I only know Adele's songs and rabiosa."

"Okay! I'll let you listen to a few songs and you choose, okay?"

"YES!" he said excitedly.

And so I showed him 'shape of you', 'uptown funk' and 'cold water' to which he said that they didn't give him the 'vibes' of dancing. I rolled my eyes as usual cause they were good songs.

Then after listening to a couple of Adele's songs (because he thought he needed a 'break' from looking for a song because he said he was a 'tired soul'), we fought for about 5 straight minutes about how inappropriate it is to dance on 'grind on me' song which he thought was 'sexy and dangerous'. (A/N: That was an unusually long sentence)

AND FINALLY, (A/N:- Video above is the dance! Check it out!)

"This is it!" he says pointing at the screen. "We will dance on this!"

"This is the one? You sure?" I ask importantly.

"Don't you feel this irresistable need to move when listening to it?" he looked wildly at me.

"I-"

"OFCOURSE! Gibberish it is!" he exclaims and keeps repeating the song as if thinking of a dance. "I got it!" he says smirking and gets up. "We will break it down to 5 parts, yeah? So we start by posing and then we dance like a couple, okay? So I will start with this move," he says showing it to me. "-while you do that-" he shows me the move. "It would look really nice! Come on, do it!"

I reluctantly do it.

"No! Do it with the hip!" he says strictly, coming to me and standing behind me. He then puts his hands on my hips and talks in my ears which made my heart race. "Do it!" I feel his hand move with my hips as his warmth from behind engulfs me. I feel like I was melting. I don't even know why I was feeling so giddy now a days.

"Straighten up!" he says as I feel his hand snake its way up my back as I shudder and close my eyes. He needs to stop getting all touchy. It's changing something. "Okay," he pushes my back forwards as his hot breath dizzies me. "Now we will do the move again. Now-" I take a deep breath, straighten up and do it.

"Perfect!" he says amused. He let's go of me and I breathe out.

"Okay next step!" I say as I pull my hair in a higher pony tail.

"You're gonna do this-" he says, "-and I'll do that!"

I imitate him and realize it was an easy move.

"You're starting to get it!" he says. "Okay we will do those moves on the song okay? Ready? In 3, 2, 1... Now-"

The music blares out of the speakers and we start to dance. We repeat it at least 10 other times until we finally perfected the moves.

We finally stopped on the knocking of the door. We both look there to see Mrs.Rose standing looking at her watch.

Aaron opens the door and she smiles.

"Had fun, aye?" she asks rhetorically. "But it's dinner time and rules is rules. You gotta go," she smiles.

"Okay! Give us a minute," I say smiling. She smiles, nods and leaves.

"I am STARVING!" Aaron bellows as he shuts the laptop and and we finally leave. "Best part is we can stay up all night practicing in our dorm!" he explains and I frown.

"That's not what you promised. You'll have to sleep, Aaron. Aaron, remember."

"Yeah, yeah. Blah. Blah. I know! For now let's just enjoy our dinner," he said winking as we entered the food court.

We sit down on our chairs with our dinner in front of us. Aaron removed the foil from over the cheese macaroni he ordered and started eating as I drank my apple juice and ate some crispy french fries. (No, I'm not healthy)

"You know when we win, I would love to see Dr. Cherry-Berry's face," he said as he swallowed down his food. "I bet she'll be like 'at the end, you're competing against some freaks of nature'," he imitated her too girly voice disgustedly.

I laugh.

"Very likely."

Aaron smirks finishing off his plate

"Come on! Finish off!" he tells me urgently as I nibble on my burger. I ignore him and continue eating. I gotta enjoy this heavenly thing in my hand. Slowly.

I eat and watch Aaron cut the foil that was covering his macaroni and rolling it.

"What are you doing?" I ask, but he shushes me. I shrug and continue my sandwish. "Okay.. I am done," I say dusting off my hands five minutes later.

"I'm done too!" he says and I look at the mess he made with the foil.

"What the-" He then takes my hand and puts something in it as I look straight in his eyes. I then look down in my hands and find a wriggly silver kind of a ring in my hand.

"I made one too!" he said flashing me a bigger version.

"What's it for?" I smile weakily utterly flattered.

He looks down at his ring and then looks up, his eyes clear of mischief. "I'm celebrating having a new purpose in life with you," he shrugs and looks in my eyes. "Wear it and promise me never to take it off. Even if you leave. Keep it. That's a sign of my gratitude for your presence in my life."

"Ughh, well aren't you cheesy?" I say looking at him feeling a pure rush of happiness.

"Well aren't you an arse? You didn't even thank me!" he said and I smiled widely as his eyes lightened up.

I take the ring and place it on my middle finger, but it was too big.

"It's too big," I say looking at the ring that although is nothing but a string of foil, has a much greater value in my heart.

"Is it?" he says as he takes my hand again and holds my middle finger. He then does some kind of something to tighten it. He looks at the ring and smiles a small smile.

"It's beautiful Aaron. Thank you," I say still feeling ecstatic.

"No problem. It's cheap and efficient-" I punch him in his arm and he stops. "I'm glad you liked my gift!" he said as he slipped on his.

"I loved it, I mean-" I start talking, but I get interrupted by someone calling me. I turn finding Xavier.

"Hey, Am! How are you?" he says flushing and I smile.

"I'm great!"

"Hey man! How are you?" Aaron says eying Xavier cautiously.

"Awesomeness!" he mutters as he looked back at me.

"I saw you guys talking and I assumed that you were done," he glanced at the ring on my hand. "I thought I'd come and tell you, hi."

"Well you did. You may leave," Aaron says curtly. Xavier glares at Aaron who glares back at him.

"It's okay, Aaron. He can stay for a while. We'll be leaving in a few, anyways."

"Yeah? Where you going?" Xavier says taking Dean's seat coolily.

"Dance. Together," Aaron replied back and I frowned. What is wrong with those two?

Xavier clears his throat and pursed his lips into a very thin line.

"So tell me Aaron, you like reading?" Xavier asks and I frown. That was abruptly irrelevant.

"Yes. I had a special room to keep all my books back home," Aaron said boredly.

"You do?!" I say surprised as Xavier looked disappointed.

"Ofcourse! I read everything. Starting from action and fantasy to jealous flies," he coughed and flashed a smirk to Xavier who's eyes widened. "So tell me Xavs, did you go to school?"

I saw Xavier's face turn red and him clenching and unclenching his hands and I felt uneasy. Aaron's making Xavier angry.

"Ofcourse I did!" Aaron's confident smile faltered to a smirk. "I used to go to the library ever single day," he said as his hands shook under the table.

"I bet you did!" Aaron said sarcastically. "I mean come on Xavs, let's be honest... I bet you spent your time bullying people in your school."

Xavier got up abruptly breathing through his nose. If I don't interfere now, this could end up as a crime scene.

"ENOUGH!" I say as Aaron opens his mouth again. "I'll just go, while you continue fighting over NOTHING!" I say looking at both of them like they have lost it. "And when you're done taunting Aaron, come and find me!" I say pointedly to Aaron. I then walk determinedly away from them hearing some calls which I ignore.

This was stupid! Aaron can't get over the last fight on our first Friday and now I know that Xavier is a good person!

I make my way to the dorm and slam the door behind me.

-----------------

It has been 30 minutes after dinner when Aaron opened the dorm's room and stepped inside.

I was sitting on my bed staring at the door and when he entered I made sure I looked another where.

I hear Aaron panting as he gets closer to me and I feel him sitting next to me.

"Amelia?" he breathed panting in my ears tickling me and making me nervous. So I got up immediately from next to him.

"What do want?! Did you fight?! Are you happy now?!" I ask distractedly feeling angry at his stupidity.

"Why are you mad?" he said irritatedly as I pursed my lips angrily.

"Why am I mad?!" I repeat his ridiculous question. "You almost made him eat you alive! You kept teasing him and- and annoying the hell out of him! AND ALL THAT, because you're still mad over a stupid fight long back!"

"So now you're defending him?!" Aaron spat with a mad look in his eyes. "You're defending the 'tattoo guy'?"

"I'm not defending the 'tattoo guy'!" I repeat his words angrily. "I'm defending a guy who deserves a second chance! He's a good person with anger issues! And you saying those stupid things would've hurt you if he got angry! Didn't-"

"I can't believe it!" Aaron says getting up and looking openly at me. "You-you think he's better?" he said shockly and I frown.

"Don't you dare change the topic! I never said that!"

"But that's what you mean!" he said shaking his head and I frown.

"NO!" I say immediately. "Are you crazy?!"

"Fine. Whatever. Let's just sleep. I want to sleep," Aaron said and I looked at him disappointed. I half expected him to tell me 'let's go dance', but I was wrong. So wrong.

Aaron immediately climbs his bed and was up the closet in a second not looking back once.

I sigh switching off the lights as I felt the disappointment in Aaron drive tears in my eyes. I return to bed looking at the ring I'm wearing and sigh as I close my eyes.

OH NO HE DIDN'T,
Yes, Aaron stopped talking to me for the next 4 days, to Xavier's delight. Even when we were practicing the dance, he was very business- like, not even sparing me a look. It would go like:-

"Make sure you lift your left leg, while punching the air with the right arm," he would say looking at the floor with a frown.

And then we would keep repeating. And even if I hate to admit it, I know that he has an effect on me. When he stands behind and I feel his body heat, I get all the jitters and the empty stomach feeling. And him ignoring me, really isn't helping.

And then he would just mutter "Dinner" after practice not even acknowledging my presence. And somehow, him ignoring me made me mad at him and more determined not to approach him no matter how much I would like to.

And that, my dear friends, is exactly how the next 4 days passed with 1 day left for the auditions. Although I know that if he keeps like that, we won't present something good to the judges, because it's our chemistry that really matters. And I guess it's all f***ed up, now.

So I woke up feeling a bit dizzy. Yes, we danced all night yesterday. Although, it broke my heart that I'd wake up to Aaron already out for breakfast, I tried my best not to show it. Especially, when he exchanged seats with Xavier, so he was sitting next to Becca.

I am very angry at him, because I don't know why he was acting all bizarre and 'white'.

Xavier would keep talking from next to me, but I was too distracted to listen to a word he was saying while I glared at Aaron who was laughing with Becca.

I sometimes get those urges to grab him by the neck of his shirt and slap the common sense into him. Because I'm not buying his all 'I-am-not-talking-to-you' act.

I look at the ring in my finger and consider taking it off several times. Maybe that would catch his attention. I look at Xavier next to me who was talking animatedly about some car s***. I glance at Dean (yes they're back!) who was also in deep talk with Sam.

I decide that taking off my ring is probably what will bring Aaron to harden the f*** up and talk to me man to man. So I slowly take it off and feel a part of my heart sinking. But I keep reminding myself that it's just temporary. Hopefully. I pocket my ring and let out a breath and look at grinning Xavier.

"So you took it off?" Xavier asks indicating my middle finger.

"What off?" I said quickly not focusing with him.

"The ring," he said beaming.

"It's just too tight," I say briskly lying. Forgive me Xavier. Xavier nods silently sipping on his coffee.

-----------
After breakfast time, I returned to the dorm immediately in a bad mood. Something you might not know about me is that I'm an attention seeking b****. And the lack of attention Aaron is giving me is killing me, because he didn't even come after breakfast, only turning up before lunch to take his medicine. And honestly I am sick of this bullshit.

After about 45 minutes of Xavier blabbering about his favourite shoe type, it was finally practice time. And, no, he doesn't come to call me for practice. I am supposed to go alone! Yeah he's a b****!

But he needs to know that I'm not a puppet on his strings and he shouldn't expect me anyway! I want him to come and look for me. And anyway we finished the whole dance steps and are doing it just fine. So I decided to stay in my dorm. Let him wait for s***!

I return to my dorm determined as I sit on my bed crossing my arms and tapping my feet. Yes I'm irritated! I'm not used to his absence! And secretly, I actually get to miss him. So much! And that's stupid! And I'm angry at myself for that!

I wait and wait for hours until there is an hour to dinner. I huff and puff grinding my teeth.

He never came-

Just then the door opens and I act like I'm doing anything. And by anything I mean look at my stupid fingernails. I know dumb, but there isn't something to do. Meh.

I look around to who was standing behind and I find it was Syd.

I look at her disappointed as my heart sank. I expected him! Ass! Ugghh!!

"Hey Am! Where've you been? I came to check on you in practice, but-"

"He sent you here, huh?" I say mad at Aaron for sending a 'messenger'.

"Who send who? What are you talking about?" she says looking baffled.

I, feeling my chest tighten with anger, sit down on Aaron's bed to face Syd. Plus, he didn't care enough to send her! I can't deal!

"Uh-oh, you don't look good," she says cautiously. "What's wrong with our drama queen?" she comes and sits next to me.

"Nothing," I say quickly sighing as I see Syd's better-spit-out-b**** face and so I tell her everything.

How Aaron is acting like an ass to everyone and how he annoyed Xavier and started a huge fight over nothing!

Syd laughs and looks at me.
"You actually expected him to come?"

"Yes, why?!" I say livid.

"You literally gave him a kick in the balls by defending Xav," she giggles and I glare at her. "This just meant that you chose Xavier over him!"

"What are you talking about? I didn't chose anybody over anything! This is sick! I can't believe he's that ridiculous. I hope your assumptions aren't real," I say getting up irritated at the thought.

"You know what? Just talk to him! That's the simplest and most efficient way, Am," Syd said curling a hair strand in his hair.

"NO WAY! He's the one who's supposed to come and talk to me!" I say crossly.

"I gave you my advice, Am. Try not to-" Syd was interrupted by the door opening and Aaron entered only then did I realize it was dinner time.

I narrow my eyes at him as he entered whistling.

Acting all cool, huh? F*** you!

He glanced at me and I looked down immediately as my heart rate picks up.

"We need to talk," he said with his deep British accent and immediately leaves as Syd squels from next to me.

"He needs to talk with you!" she said and I stare surprised by his action. "Go! Go, he literally said he needed to talk to you GO! GO!"

I get up hesitatedly and leave looking back to see Syd giving me a thumbs up.

I go out and slam into Aaron's chest. I clear my throat as I step back.

"Let's go," he says seriously pointing away from the food court.

"To where?" I reply looking away from him as I catch him staring at me.

"Room 17," he mutters quickly and I narrow my eyes.

"You know it's not allowed!" I sneer at him irritated.

"Well I got a permission. What else do you think did I spend my time on since lunch?" he hisses at me and I shut up staring at him. He leaves and I follow him pouting.

I entered the room first angrily as he followed quickly slamming the door. He the faced me, his eyes wide open as he stared at me.

"You took it off," he said quickly bringing his hand to his forehead as he closed his eyes.

"What do you mean?!" I said quickly not getting what he's playing at.

"Your ring. The ring, I gave you. The piece of foil," he looked at me accusingly.

I remember and raise my eyebrows.
"You noticed," I say testingly.

"WHY DID YOU TAKE IT OFF?!" he said as he took me by the neck of my shirt and slammed me on the glass wall knocking the air out of my lungs.

What the-?

"What the hell, Aaron?! I'm the one to decide whether or not I wanted to wear it!" I try to move but he was still clutching my shirt with shaking hands.

"YOU PROMISED!" he said his face reddening as he let go of my shirt and placed a hand on either side of the glass caging me.

"I broke it," I say shrugging looking straight in his eyes as I feel his breaths speed up and his face becoming pale.

He gets closer to me, but I don't flinch.
"What do you mean you broke it, huh? I-I don't get it," he searches my eyes furiously and breathes harder.

"I broke the promise, Aaron! Wasn't it you who left me to sit next to Becca instead! What? Did you forget?!" I say panting as I see his lips twitch.

"BECCA IS NOTHING TO ME!" he says screaming in my face.

"Oh yeah? Oh, I forgot, I was the one who slept with her, wasn't I?" I burst in his face and he looks hard in my eyes.

"You know I didn't. So don't you dare pull that card," Aaron said slowly pressing on each word.

"Oh yeah right! It was also you who left me alone to stay up with Becca last Friday! This all couldn't have happened!" I say remembering every thing he did as I feel the same pang of pain in my heart.

"BUT WE DID NOTHING!"

"BUT YOU COULD'VE IF YOU DIDN'T COLLAPSE AARON! IT WAS PURE LUCK!"

"I WOULDN'T HAVE DONE IT!" he said grinding his teeth.

"THAT'S WHAT ALL YOU F***BOYS SAY! 'I COULDN'T!'" I retaliate quickly as Aaron's face reddens again.

"NO AMELIA, THIS TIME I HAVE A REASON!" he says panting as the vessel in his temple pops out.

"Well, I'm listening!" I say glaring at him. I am honestly done with his excuses and the chances I gave him.

Aaron puts down his head as his hair brushed my lips. He looks up and stares in my eyes.

"I can't tell you," he says quietly shaking his head slowly.

"THEN I'M DONE WITH YOUR EXCUSES! I GAVE YOU SO MANY CHANCES IN MY LIFE, AARON! YOU FAILED EVERY SINGLE ONE OF THEM!" I say brushing my hair back nervously.

Aaron stops talking as if I just slapped him in his face. He looks at me as if he was in a whole different universe and this is the first time he sees me.

He lowers both of his hands to his sides. He then turns around quickly and paces away from me towards the door.

I stay in my place panting as I feel like this time, I lost him forever. I feel lost in a world of nothingness. I want to call him to wait. To hold up. But I couldn't as I felt this big lump form in my throat. I look at his back longingly. I feel my heart sink as he puts his hand on the door knob. The last time I remember being that sad was when dad passed away and Adam disappeared from my life.

I feel the tears swell in my eyes as Aaron stops infront of the door shoulders slumped.

He then turns to me and I see the tears slipping down from his pale, pale, red, red blue eyes and my heart hits the floor and breaks into so many pieces.

I see him breathing hard, frowning while furiously wiping his tears.
"Forgive me Amelia, I'm not letting you get away with that," he said and then rushes back to me as my breath stops. He puts his hands either side of me again and looks straight in my teary eyes.

"Amelia. Don't. You. Ever. Say. That. Again. Don't you ever say you gave up on me," his face scrunches up as his eyes turn from teary and sad to focused and sharp. "Do you understand?" he points at his head not leaving my eyes.

And I can't breathe. I nod quickly as I feel the tears rolling down.

"No please don't cry," he says suddenly softly wiping away my tears with shaky fingers.

"But, Aaron. What-Why-" I say uttering the words with great difficulty.

Aaron brings a shaking finger to my lips shushing me.

He then glances at my lips and gets closer then ever as I see his dark pink lips a few centimeters from mine.

"Aaron, I'm sorry-"

"Just shut up and remember this," he then crashed his lips to mine.

And we were kissing as I felt like ice and fire on my heart. It was an extraordinary feeling. He kisses me deeper than ever. He pulls me closer to him while running his hand in my hair massaging my scalp. I feel him smile against my lips and I couldn't stop smiling too. I let my fingers snake up his head through his hair.

He then pulls away and I feel electricity all over my body. Aaron looks straight in my eyes and I smile weakly.

Someone fan me please. I'm gonna faint. He never looked more attractive than he looked now with his messy hair, creased shirt and swollen lips.

I look past Aaron's shoulders and my breath hitches.

Aaron closes on me for another kiss, but I push him away with shaking hands.  Aaron looks confused, but I ignore him.

I stare at him my heart doing back flips. He's back. Adam. He's back. And then realization hits me blowing me off.

I forgot to take my medicine. F***.

"Am, what's wrong?" Aaron and Adam say at the same time.

"What-what are you doing here?" I say staring at Adam in shock as I approach him shaking my head.

"Amelia, what are you doing?" Aaron says and I ignore him.

"Adam, you're back!" I say wiping my tears staring at him feeling extreme relief.

What are you doing? a part of my brain was screaming at me. IGNORE HIM!

"Adam?! Amelia, what are you doing?!" I move closer to Adam who was smiling his arms open for me.

"Amelia! He's imaginary! Amelia, please! Oh my-" I feel Aaron's hand on my arm. I turn to him shaking my head.

"I see him!" I say looking at him shaken.

"Oh no Amelia, you know it, Am! He's not real! Please! Let him go!"

I pull my arm away from his clutch and look at Adam.

"I c-can't," I move closer looking at Adam who looked at me as if to hurry me up.

"But you can, Amelia!"

I ignore Aaron. Who needs Aaron when they got Adam?

"DON'T DO IT AM! YOU GOTTA LET HIM GO! RE-REMEMBER WHEN YOU WERE ASKING ME ABOUT MY PURPOSE?" Aaron shouts from behind me. "MY PURPOSE-MY PURPOSE WAS YOU, Amelia!" he says my name softly and I turn to him feeling my heart fluttering as he shook away a stand of his brown hair.

"Amelia," Aaron gets closer to me slowly as I glance at Adam quickly. "He's imaginary!"

"I know," I say defeated.

"Yeah? Then you can't talk to him. You gotta ignore him and you know it deep down."

"But I love him," I say as tears fill my eyes.

Aaron gulps and recovers the look of hurt in his eyes. "I-I know, Amelia. But you gotta let him go," he said c***ing his head slightly. "Come to me," Aaron opens his arms and my heart jumps doing double back flips.

I glance at Adam as he mouthes that he 'loves me and misses me', but I feel the pain of reality slice my heart.

I look at Aaron's wide, shocked eyes and opened arms.

I feel myself under so much stress. So many emotions are drowning me. But there is a difference now. I know. I know what's real. I know the easy choice and the hard one.

I hold my head in my hand and groan. I see Adam approaching me, but I ran to Aaron crashing into him, my heart thumping in my ears. He held me tightly as I hid in his sweater screwing my eyes shut.

I don't want to see him.
I don't want to see him.
I don't want to see him.
I don't want to see him.
I don't want to see him.

I cry hard as Aaron holds me tighter.

I look up beyond his shoulder, but Adam was no longer there.

I search the room frantically, but Adam was gone. I pant in relief feeling my head pounding.

Aaron approaches me again, but I knew it. Something darker than the night. An emotion more devastating than any other.

Guilt.

I feel Aaron cupping my face.
"But-but- I can't, Aarom," I say shrugging.

"What do you-you mean?"

"Adam-" I whisper looking down and Aaron immediately lets me go.

"You didn't let him go, did you? You still love him, don't you?" he says as his voice raises.

He tries to put his hand on my face, but I move away feeling the tears again.

"In what ways is he possibly better than me?! He-He's imaginary!" he says panting clearly hurt.

"I'm so-so sorry, Aaron," I say whimpering. He doesn't understand that Adam was perfect. My creation.

Aaron backs away.
"It's okay. I'm sorry too," he says looking down and taking a deep breath. "It's okay. It's okay," he keeps whispering as my heart breaks. "I'll understand. I'll just go."

"Aaron?" I blurt.

He turns quickly.
"Yes?"

"We'll-We'll still be friends you know? Best friends?"

Aaron looked disappointed, but he nodded vigorously smiling as his eyes swelled with tears. "Ofcourse! Ofcourse."

He then turned so I was looking at his back.
"Amelia? Wear your ring, okay?"

"Yeah, sure!" I wipe my tears sniffing as I dig for the ring in my pocket and put it on wiping it on my shirt to dry it from the tears.

Aaron leaves and I breathe.

And ever since that time, I knew I lost him. Not because I wanted to. Not because he wanted to. But because of my destiny. I had to fall in love with an imaginary person and  when a real person is trying to reach out for me, all I do is cut those bonds.

Although he still talks to me, our relationship status went from something to nothing. He was always talking to me as a roommate with his eyes always void of emotion. A part of me was getting tortured when I noticed him checking the ring on my hand every morning. Just a glance.

Our conversations were limited to 'Hi and how are you". Yeah, it's heart breaking and this time I can't be angry at him. I can't blame him for anything. It was all me and my stupid Adam. This is where my loyality layed. And I hate that it's breaking him.

Although, I'd pretend I didn't notice, I knew his condition was getting worse. And I knew that he was back to block one. He became so pale and red-eyed although he went to bed early. But I could see his exhaustion. He made no attempt to pretend, because he knew it was to no avail. He walked, ate and talked like a zombie. He was so empty, I felt it. Even his eyes lost their spark of life and happiness that always filled them.

And no matter how many times, I ask if he's doing alright, he would just nod and smile weakly. A smile that never reached his eyes.

And it broke me and hurt me more than ever. Because I knew I was behind all his pains and I know I was also the cure for them.

He conquered my mind. I would always find my mind drifting to the way he kissed me. So passionate and fragile. So exotic. I would think of how his hot breath made me shudder and how his voice sent electric sparks all over my body. And no matter how much I'd try to ignore it, I knew he had an effect on me. A strong attraction when I see him doing the simplest things. Licking his lips when thinking. Running his hands through his hair when anxious.

And yes, we were accepted on the talent show and did pass the auditions.(Ofcourse, Dr.Cherry gave us a clear 'No', but the other three judges -doctors- loved our dance.) They told us that the winners of the talent show (only 3 out of 10) will get a trip for three days to Venice. And that was when Aaron wanted to quit and leave the show and left me on the verge of tears, because this was our only chance to see the world after a month here.

All I can tell you my dear friends, is that s*** wasn't right. Dean, Syd, Sam, Cecilia and Xavier broke into our dorm more often. We would keep talking about our weaknesses, but Aaron would go to his bed 'above the closet' and never join the conversation while playing with the Rubik's cube, Dr.Michael gave him last meeting to distract him until he sleeps.

I would constantly glance at him, but he would never spare me a glance. And it hits me that I really miss him.

Things around here changed, while Aaron and I grew apart, many others were getting better. For instance, Cecilia and Sam were always hanging out together and I always here him telling her 'I love what I see' and she would just smile a small smile and blush as her eyes swell with tears. Dean was more open than ever. He's making new friends (Not girls, however.) without any of us getting involved. He met this new guy his name was Luka and they apparently have so much in common. And then I knew that Aaron was right, we shouldn't have pushed it and that eventually Dean will reach out to the world. Alone.

On some occasion, I'd see Syd talking to Josie (the afro dark girl, Becca's friend) in a corner and giggling.

Yes, everybody was starting to move on except for me. And Aaron. And something tells me only one thing can move on. Us. Not me. Not him.

And I can't afford that.

-------------------

Today is Sunday, a new page in a huge-ass chapter of my life book. I wake up on the sound of the shower. I sit up and remove the big, white fluffy covers and clutch my head as I yawn.

Soon I stop hearing the sound of water and the drapes open revealing a pale Aaron with a towel around his middle. His lips part on seeing me, but then he immediately walks to his closet as I enter the washroom to wash my face and brush my teeth.

I look in the mirror and pat down my hair. I study my dark green eyes and small parted pale pink lips. I've changed a lot ever since I came here.

I look older and much more mature.

Before coming here, all I used to care about is my hairstyle, my clothes and my makeup. Now? *laughs and claps my hands at the stupidity of the question* I just hope I won't suffer. I don't want to see any of my friends die or suffer. I want to see the life in their eyes. I don't want any of them hurt.

I sigh and head out as I find Aaron already gone. I sigh and look at the clock.

5 minutes to breakfast.

I take a pill, comb my hair and stretch. And, yes, I didn't have a shower, because I had it before I slept yesterday.

It's breakfast time.

I open the door just in time as everybody opened theirs. Aaron was no where in sight as usual. I shrug and head to the food court as I feel someone poking me from the back.

I hate this move. Wanna grab my attention, don't poke me! Yo, God created names for a reason. Ugh!

I turn finding Becca.
"Hi," she says smiling to me.

"Hello, Becca," a very good day start.

"Did you see Aaron?" she asked pursing her lips.

"Nope," I say popping the 'p'.

"Come on, he's your roommate," she says nudging me in the ribs with her particularly pointed elbow and smiling innocently.

"Him being my roommate, doesn't mean I know about his whereabouts! He's an adult and is responsible for himself!" I say feeling the anger rush already.

"Come off it! He'll be 20 in 2 hours! He's still 19. A teenager," she said clasping her hands and rocking on her feet.

"It's his birthday? Today?" I say taken aback.

"Well, duh, Sherlock?"

"What is today?" I ask her quietly.

"10th of July? Didn't he tell you? What kind of roommates are you?!" she says evidently shocked.

"No."

"Oh, don't tell me you didn't wish him a happy birthday!" she says clapping her hands to her mouth as if I committed a crime.

"How can I wish him, if I didn't know it was his birthday in the first place?!" You stupid git. I so wanted to add that, but I shut up.

"Anyways, if you see him, tell him I'll be waiting for him same time, same place. Don't worry he'll understand," she winked and walked past me towards the food court as I stood shocked and mad.

I honestly don't know whom should I be mad at more: Becca? or Aaron? or BOTH? Because, hell, if I see anyone of them I'll make sure I'll wring both of their heads.

Becca first.

I sigh and head to the court. I decided to take peanut butter sandwiches today and a cup of milk instead of the turkey sandwiches and coffee.

I take my seat next to Dean who was laughing with Sam. Aaron wasn't there.

"Hello, Dean," I say in a small voice and he stops mid-laugh to look at me.

"Hey, Am. You look like s***!" he says examining me.

"Yeah, you do," Sam muttered from next to him and I sighed. "What's up?"

"Do you guys know that today is Aaron's birthday?" I ask still annoyed that Aaron never mentioned it to me.

"YES!" they both say at the same time.

"AND WE'RE ALL CELEBRATIN TONIGHT IN THE ACTIVITY ROOM!" Dean continued then stopped looking at my definitely shocked, hurt face, aka shurt.

"He didn't tell you?" Sam said looking shocked himself. "I mean he told almost everyone we know," Sam chuckled in disbelief.

I sank in my seat feeling so left out and so unwanted in my world of nothingness as I sank my teeth in my sandwich and Dean continued laughing with Sam about something Luka told him.

I saw Syd waving at me as she sat in her place. I smiled at her as I waved back, but deep down my heart was throbbing in utter pain as tears made their way out of their glands. Again.

Hope you have a great birthday Aaron.

Without me.

I sit on my bed tapping my feet chewing my nails as the thoughts conquer my mind.

He hates me.
He hates me.
He hates me.
He hates me.
He hates me.

But, it's my fault.
It's all my fault.
It's all my fault.

I was the one who caused all this useless drama. I deserve this s***. I remember how almost everyone after lunch headed to the activity room laughing and singing. None of them realizing what was missing.

I cover my face with my hands. Oh god why did it have to get so complicated!

It seems to me that I'm the one who's supposed to apologize this time. But for what? For my disease? I sigh glancing at the door as if waiting for someone to pop out of it.

It's very rude of him and I'm mad at his child's act! I mean we're all sick in here, he should be able to understand how difficult this is for me! Especially if I meant anything for him!

I frown suddenly feeling the anger take over my actions and before I know it I was running down the corridors and was opening the door to the activity room.

Everyone was circling around a very huge cake with caps on their heads singing in the dark. As soon as I step in the room everyone stops and the circle splits revealing a very shocked Aaron in the middle in front of the cake face lighted with the candles. God! What are they? Kids?

I cross my hands staring at Aaron in disbelief as the rest of the circle stared at me.

"Amelia?" Aaron mutters still open mouthed as the candles die out drowning us all in sudden darkness. Someone switches on the lights and I get a better view of his face. His flushed cheeks, shocked eyes and clenched jaws.

"Surprise, Aaron! I came to tell wish you a happy 20th birthday! I mean come on! That's what friends do!" I say loudly and clearly so that everyone heard me.

I could see Dean, Sam and Syd staring at him.

"Oh don't worry! I got your invitation from..." I pause pursing my lips as if trying to remember, "Yeah right! Becca!" Becca stares at me alarmedly. "After all, friends tell friends to tell other people aka me, about their birthdays. Not that it matters anyway!" I add quickly as I see the frowns on some people's faces.

"Amelia, please-"

I shut my eyes as if blocking out his useless comments and s***ty excuses.

"Don't. But actually Aaron, I have a gift for YOU!" I say faking my excitement. "I will give you an apology."

Aaron's smirk falters as he looks straight in my eyes. The tension was intense as everyone watched intently not uttering a word.

"I am sorry I couldn't give you what you wanted! Because I don't have it Aaron! Okay? I'm weak. And I'm above all-," I pause clenching my fists,"-sick! And I thought- I thought you'd understand!" I say feeling my hands shake."But, turns out I've been so wrong.

"Tell me Aaron, who are you punishing? Me? Well thanks, but please do me a favour and tell me what did I do that was so wrong?" I feel my chest tightening with the weight on my heart as my voice thickened.

I stare at him feeling my eyes wet as Dean shook his head at me.

"What did you do that was so wrong?" Aaron repeated my question and chuckled. What the hell? "EVERYTHING! AND SEEING THAT YOU'RE WILLING TO OPENLY DISCUSS OUR ISSUES IN FRONT OF EVERYONE, HERE GOES WHAT YOU DID WRONG," Aaron took a deep breath and came out of the circle to face me. "You kissed me. That's what you did wrong," he hisses quietly as I looked around for people eavesdropping. No one was. They all we're whispering amung each other.

"But it was a mistake-"

"Oh don't you dare play that role with me!" he snapped angrily grabbing my arms.

"What are you doing?!" I say glaring at him.

"You know it wasn't a mistake and that you enjoyed every bit of it!" He looked at me, eyes blazing.

"I can't, Aaron!" I try to grab my arm back, but to no avail.

"Let's go out and show you how much you're lying," Aaron breathes in my ears and I feel dizzy. He looks back and nods at Sam who nods back and then he was dragging me outside the room and soon into our dorm.

"Leave me alone!" I say angrily fighting him off with all my will, but he held me hard blocking all my punches.

"Can you stop? Stop! STOP!" he bellowed looking at me. I then stand defeated with his hands on my arms.

"Aaron I'm not doing this with you!" I say heatedly.

"Do what? I thought you said you wanted me to prove to you that our kiss wasn't
a mistake?"

"I never said that! There's no need for proof! I know it was a mistake and you are just overdoing it! Just go back to your party and leave me alone! It's just a kiss!" I say annoyed.

"AGAIN WITH THE LYING!"

"What part of I still love Adam don't you get?" I say feeling the tears come back.

Aaron glares at me in disgust and disappointment.

"He. Is. Nothing. AND HONESTLY, I'M SO DONE WITH THIS ADAM BULLSHIT!" he shook his head in anger. "In the beginning I tried to accommodate with that s***! But it's just stupid, Am!"

"For you, Aaron! He's nothing for you! I loved that imaginary guy for three years! And I don't even know why my mom decided to put me here after 3 years of this!" Maybe it is to see me suffer.

"So you're trying to tell me you felt nothing when we kissed?" he looks in my eyes ridiculously.

"Yes Aaron, nothing!" I say quickly looking down feeling my heart beat fasten.

"YOU'RE LYING!"

"I am not," I say definitely looking straight in his eyes.

"I just want to prove that you're a very bad lair," he breathes, and backs away from me. I look surprised at him, my eyes following his motions.

He turns to look at me and takes off his shirt and I gasp.

Oh god no... I give my eyes the pleasure of looking at his beautiful built before I gulp and look away feeling my heart in my throat.

He then approaches me smirking biting his lips. What now? Is he gonna strip? Wtf?

I back away from him hitting my back on the wall as he cages me with his arms on both of my sides.

"What are you doing?!" I say feeling hysterical with his body's heat radiating.

"Tell me you're feeling something when I do this," he breathes in my ears lingering his lips there as my heart rate picks up.

"Stop," I murmur weakily, but he steps closer. "Tell me you feel nothing when I do this," he murmurs in my ear as he slips his hand under my shirt and I gasp feeling the tears in my eyes.

"Please Aaron-" I hiccough, but he moves his hand and I feel my knees weakening. I have jelly legs my dear friends.

"Tell me you feel nothing when I do this," he puts his middle and index fingers on the right of my neck while resting his head on the left of it with his lips on my collarbone.

"Please, Aaron stop-" I feel him muttering something under his breath and I feel lost.

He then jerks his head back and removes his fingers from my neck as his eyes darkened.

"130 beats per minute, Amelia, from 75 bpm," he leans in my ear and I feel hazy, feeling my heart beat uncontrollably.

"Still don't feel anything when I do this?" Aaron said as leaned closer placing his forehead on mine as tears spill from my eyes. Our lips a few centimeters apart as he stared in my eyes.

He is so irresistible.

He closes his eyes as he breathed hard. He then opened them looking straight in my eyes. I feel so vulnerable and raw.

He then backed away from me with a wild look in his eyes.

"When you're ready to admit, come and find me," he says panting as he pulls on his shirt and exits the room, slamming the door behind him.

I collapse on the floor not feeling my legs anymore.

I felt something. I felt things.

I try to calm down my breathing as I stared at my trembling hands.

Although I hate to admit it, he's never been more right.

Aaron's POV.

I make sure I slam the door behind me as I leave the dorm feeling my chest tighten, angry at her lies.

I could tell that I affected her, but her obstinate-self is just too stupid not to admit!

I expected she'll get angry, I know my little bubble, and haunt me down. But I didn't think she'll break into my 'birthday party', which meant that I got to her and she was probably thinking of me all day.

Satisfying.

Honestly I don't know what more does she want? I love her! I'm ready to sacrifice anything for her!

Amelia? She's my little precious jewel that will always shine. At least for me. I love the way she talks and snaps about the silliest things when I talk to her.

What annoys me is that she has no idea how much she affects me. When she smiles or laughs, I feel my heart lifts. It's beautiful. That might sound cheesy, but what's in the heart is in the heart.

Although I was what they called the bad boy back in school and slept with a couple of good looking, hot girls, I've never felt about any girl like that. Mind that Amelia isn't hot and all sexy, but she got me tripped over her beautiful soul. Next thing I knew I was falling. Hard.

Things changed ever since she had that nightmare about her father's death and I felt how expensive and vulnerable she was. And all I knew that I wanted to be the box to store her and protect her against any damage. Something about watching her all night sleeping as she breathed softly, lips parted got my heart beating again. She made me feel alive!

She might think I'm crazy, but I know she needs me. And I need her. She's been my little sunshine in my life.

My purpose.

So many times, so many times, I wanted to hold her so tight, I wanted her safe in my hug and my heat. I wanted to engulf her and make sure she's just mine.

My lifeline.

Worst part is, I didn't come here for that. I wanted to die. I never expected to fall in love! She gave me a purpose to breathe.

I don't want to head to the party. I'm kind of in a disappointed, messed up mood and going to a party where Becca will keep drooling over me is the last thing I'd ever want, trust me. I even told her that I'm just not into her when she came yo visit me in the clinic, but she won't stop.

I roam around talking to myself. I wasn't able to sleep for the past week and that's dangerous. But I no longer want to wait for mom's calls. It's Amelia now. Something about missing her presence, her.

I sigh and look in my watch. Dinner time is over and it's almost midnight. Woah, how long have I been walking and talking to myself?!

I head back to our dorm and slowly unlock the door. She's asleep.

I walk slowly into the room and find her curled on her bed, her red hair covering her face. I love her hair.

I put down my hood and settle myself slowly at the edge of her bed. I brush her hair and grin. It's so soft and red. I feel my heart taking off.

I remove her hair and stare at her peaceful face. Her eyelashes sit gracefully on her cheekbones.

If she doesn't love me, she'll learn to, I tell myself.

I lean in and plant a kiss on her forehead. I get up, pick her blanket and cover her. She's my beautiful. I climb next to her on her bed and wrap my arms around her.

Don't worry I always wake up earlier, but for now, I need to sleep...

----------------------
------------------------------

Amelia's POV

He didn't come and I slept. And the number of hours I slept were all full of Aaron and his effect on me.

------------------

"Rise and shine, sunshine," a voice says and I shift in my bed, until- Wait, wait I was alone- I immediately sit up and look at a smiling Aaron sitting on my bed's edge.

"Aaron, wha-" I say with a hoarse voice staring at him in shock.

"C'mon, we have forty-five minutes to breakfast!" he gets up and I stare at him still shocked.

We're not supposed to- He's not supposed to be talking to me.

God no.

"C'mon, Am, we haven't got the rest of the day! COME ON!" he says from inside the washroom.

I groan, ugh! I didn't want to see him after the session we had yesterday for atleast month. He got me shaking all over.

I get up feeling my heart beat uncontrollably as Aaron gets out pulling away his wet hair from his eyes while wearing sweatpants that hung losely on his hips which got my mind to places.

I bite my lips and look away. He's got to stop and leave me alone. I take a pill and feel him tug my hair.

I turn facing shirtless Aaron and almost drop my medicine bottle. I groan inwardly.

Get a grip on yourself, Am.

"Yes?" I say irritated.

"I said I loved your hair."

I gape at him.

"Uh-okay?"

"I want to braid it," he says simply. "On one condition," he says smiling c***ing his head to the left and raising his index finger as he moved closer and I backed away hitting the wall behind me.

I breathe deeply and move him out of my way, but this time he moves away.

"Who told you I wanted you to braid my hair in the first place?" I look at him wildly.

"I did," he raised his eyebrows as he looked so delicious.

Amelia the f*** did you just say?

"I know I'm delicious. But, you see I'm running out of time."

I gasp and he grins. Oh no I didn't- I blush and look down.

F***.

"So will you let me braid your hair? For something?" he adds looking so stupidly cute. He's just so attractive which is annoying af.

"What do want?" I ask distractedly.

"Teach me how to tie my shoelaces," he rocks on his heels and I sigh.

"Okay, fine. Whatever-" I raise my left hand defeated and he grins foolishly.

He then walks to me and positions himself behind me.

"You need to wash that hair," he says from behind and I frown. "You really gotta do it."

"I JUST DID!" I say in protest turning to face him, but he turns me so that he was standing behind me again. I actually washed it yesterday! Ugh! I don't remember!

I feel him getting closer and I gulp feeling the hair at the back of my neck stand. He then takes my hair in his hand and I feel him turning and twisting it.

"I love your hair, Am," I smile feeling my cheeks turn to the color of my hair. "ANNND done!"

He let's go my braid and looks at me in triumph. "Your turn!"

"I'm surprised you know how to braid hair!" I say examining my hair.

He smirks.
"I used to do it for my older sister. She's married and lives in Australia!" he adds smiling in their memory. "Come on! Your turn!"

I smile and stare at the terrible condition his shoelaces were in.

I glance nervously at his shirtless ass and focus on his shoelaces.

"Would you put up your leg on the bed?" I say placing a hand on my hip nervously.

He then puts up his leg and looks at me intently.

"Er... you.. uh.. start with a simple knot. You know how to do that?" I ask looking at him as if he was a little kid.

"Yeah ofcourse!" he says rolling his eyes smirking.

I clear my throat and tie his shoelace once.

"Then, you tie it like a bow!" I say, and show him slowly how to do it.

"That's it?" he said raising his eyebrows.

"Yup. Do the other one!" I say challengingly and he looks as if he was slapped across his face.

"Whaaa-"

"Do it."

"Fine," He then stoops and I try to see what he was doing, but his hair covered his progress.

"I'M DONE!" he says looking up.

I take a look and burst out laughing.
"What?" he asks staring at his shoe.

"This is so complicated," I look at the mountain of knots he made. "Untie it!" I laugh and he glares at me.

He tries to do it, but he can't. I stoop to help, but his huge hand was making it difficult to untie what he did, so I slap it away.

He straightens up and I finally untie it.

"What the hell you can't even-"

"Blah blah blah," he starts and I raise my eyebrows.

"You can't do one-"

"Blah blah blah."

"Stop acting like a-"

"Blah blah blah."

"Haha. Very funny-" I say rolling my eyes.

"Blah blah-"

"STOP!" I shout glaring at a laughing Aaron.

I then keep repeating for him the moves. Many times Aaron stomps away angry at his fails, but then returns clenching his teeth.

Finally, its breakfast time and I ended up doing his shoelaces.

We then open the door only to be pushed inside by a thin woman in a tight, short, red dress and high black heels.

You must be kidding me. I am hungry and here goes...

Dr.Cherryballs.

Again.

Dr.Cherry stepped inside as Aaron and I glanced at each other and decided to follow her in, despite of Aaron's wish to trap her in.

"Good morning! It's nice to see you all fresh and ready, because I have some news for you."

Then it's bad news. It's something you deduce normally when you have someone like Dr.Cherry delivering news.

"You've been selected from the top 5 to compete in the talent show," she looks at us waiting for a reaction.

I honestly didn't expect that coming out of her mouth.

"Yes?" Aaron said raising his eyebrows. "I thought you didn't like our audition."

"That's true and isn't going to change, but since you're on my team, you gotta win this for me," she said staring at her perfectly manicured fingernails.

Of course! Should've seen that coming!

"But we quit-"

"Awesome-"

Aaron and I say at the same time.

"I thought you wanted to quit!" I say looking at Aaron, but he simply shrugs.

"I don't care what you want. You better win, because I'll get a prize too. I'll be supervising your practicing and coordinating all the required things, including customes and supplies. I will also be choosing the theme of your dance," she said ticking of boxes on her clipboard. "I particularly prefer a romance based dance. It's what draws people's attention.

"I hope you'll be ready for practice after every breakfast, lunch and dinner for the next month," Aaron tries to open his mouth, but she carries on, "Yes, the practice will be extensive whether you like it or not. It will be a three minutes dance unlike the auditions. I already chose the song and customes, so you won't have to waste time on that."

"Damn, I won't be listening to Adele again," Aaron muttered quietly.

She's right I guess, we wasted a lot of time last time.

"So I'd be expecting to see you after breakfast. You won't be heading to room 17. You'll head to room 3, instead. I hope I made myself clear. I don't want you to be a minute late after lunch."

"Ughh.. Whatever you say," Aaron mutters boredly, but Dr.Cherry straightens up and fixes her glasses.

"You must be curious about the four other contestants. You'll be facing, Cecilia's art which is just as disgusting as your dance, but your dance is a little more disgusting. So you gotta work on that. Then you have, Brenda's singing. Don't worry she sounds like a dying whale which is choking at the same time. I don't even know why we chose her.

"Then you've got the guy who dances like he's electrocuted, Zedd. But you'll win him. Oh, that girl, Angelina, that imitates people's voices. She did Dr.Marcus terribly, though. We weren't laughing at how well she's doing it, but how horrendous it sounded," Dr.Cherry shuddered chuckling and we sighed. "Anywho, I should be going, now," she said finally glancing at her watch and exiting the door.

"Damn, sleeping will be easier than practicing with her. I swear this b**** is a witch that'll do some voodoo s*** as soon as she lays a finger on us," Aaron said cringing as I laughed and we exited the dorm.

------------------

I could definitely tell that Xavier's not particularly excited about the fact that Aaron was buzzing all around me. His smile faltered, immediately as soon as he saw us.

He was standing there at the back of the queue as we joined him.

"How are you doing, Am?" Xavier said smirking.

"Yup, we're all great," Aaron says quickly before I could comprehend the question.

"How are you doing, Xav?" I grin at Xavier ignoring the glares that I  earned from Aaron.

"Great, now that I saw you," he smiled back glancing at Aaron who clenched his fists.

"So tell me how's your brother?" I ask him.

"Brother? You know his brother? Wow... wow," Aaron mutters under his breath and I ignore.

"Yup, he's great! He's gotta fight in two days though. I hope he'll be fine," Xavier says sighing and Aaron raises his eyebrows.

"I really hope so!" I say smiling sadly.

"Mmmmm," Aarom grunts and we both stare at him. He looks astonished  then says,"Oh no, carry on. I don't exist."

"OLA LOOK WHO'S STANDING AT THE BACK OF THE LINE!"

Dean came.

"Hey Dean!" I turn around and give him a tight hug.

"You're late miss. Why?" Sam says from next him smirking whom I hug too.

"Dr.Cherry held us back. Yo we'll have to be practicing with her. She honestly scares me," Aaron said and Xavier chuckles.

"What?" Aaron snapped at him.

"I f***ed this b**** twice," Xavier said as matter-of-factly which was followed by several comments.

"Ew MAN," Sam said wincing.

"I'd do it, if it wasn't for her old ass. She probably breastfeeds milk powder," Dean said raising his eyebrows.

"Dude how could you?! When?!" Aaron said leaning closer to Xavier.

"Are you serious?" I muttered disgusted.

"She threw herself all over me. She wouldn't stop until I fuc-"

"STOP! Please don't say this word!" I say quickly and Xavier chuckles.

"You're cute little Am," Xavier said and Aaron snapped out of his laughter.

"Who's cute?" he said immediately.

"Easy man, I was talking to her," Xavier said coolily. Aaron shut up and eyed Xavier wearily.

"Damn, princess what did I miss?" Dean whispered in my ear and I giggled.

"Nothing," I tell him, but he narrows his eyes.

"I'll know one way or another princess. You know it," Dean said winking as Sam chuckled. Aaron was in a deep conversation with Xavier who was frowning and clenching his fists.

Finally our turn came and I order my turkey sandwishes and coffee as Aaron ordered his usual pancakes. We returned to our seats.

Xavier then grabbed my arms (Aaron didn't notice) and took me to a corner.

"So... you and Aaron?" Xavier says sighing.

"What about us?" I say avoiding what he really meant.

"Come off it, Am. It's okay if you told me. Might only give'im a couple of punches when I see him," Xavier says seriously.

I tried to laugh it off, but he remained solid.

"I was serious. Like dead serious," he said as matter-of-factly.

"Oh no. Nothing that I know of," I say shrugging avoiding his eyes. "There's nothing confirmed between us. It's just Aaron, being Aaron."

"Aaron being Aaron, huh?"Xavier said narrowing his eyes. "I'm okay with it, anyway!" he says suddenly shrugging a shoulder.

"Xavier you gotta stop thinking that! There's nothing between us!" I say frowning.

"I'd really appreciate it if you were honest with me right now," Xavier said stepping closer to me.

"Of course I'm honest with you! You're my older brother!" I blurt out and Xavier backs away. "I'll always tell you what's there. Xavier, I really appreciate it that you care about me and my whereabouts, but you gotta trust me, Xav," I tell him openly as Xavier gives me a small nod and a smile and turns leaving me.

I watch him leave as his shoulder slumps down and I sigh. He's sad.

I glance at Aaron who was laughing with Dean, who took my seat.

I take Dean's seat and notice Sam in deep thought.

"What's up, Sammy?" I say in a sing-song voice and Sam looks at me surprised.

"The ceiling."

"Hahah very funny. I've heard this like a couple of a dozen of times."

"I've been thinking of Cecilia."

I raise my eyebrows and rest my back on the chair, clutching my coffee ready to hear a long story.

"What about her?"

"I want to confront her with her fear," Xavier says and I almost choke on my coffee.

"What do you mean?"

"I want to take her with me and stand right next to her in front of a mirror," he says slurping down his milk. "You see, I love her. And I want for her the best. I studied psychology and one of the ways to cure a patient is by confronting them with their fear."

"Are you nuts?" I tell him wildly and he cringes. "Last time you showed her a drawing of herself, just a drawing,  she slapped you! Like a ninja slap. She might f***ing John-Cena your ass if you did whatever you just blabbered. Bad idea."

Sam chuckles.

"But we have a bond now. She trusts me!" Sam complained and I rolled my eyes.

"Still! That doesn't stop her phobia from getting the better of her!"

"But I want her cured, Am! You haven't seen her condition! They add food coloring to the water to prevent her from seeing her reflection! She doesn't have a window in her room! She couldn't walk in the streets with the glass windows everywhere! She suffered alot! I want her to live a normal life like mine!"

I look dumbly at my sandwish. Yup she suffered.

"Whatever Sam, you're responsible though," I say sadly as I gulp down the last bit of my sandwish.

"Yeah," he sighs and I feel someone tapping my shoulder.

"Just about the awesomest thing happened in my life!"

Yup that's Syd.

"Oh yeah? What is it?" Dean said smirking.

"Josie and I kissed!"

"Ughhh... Finally! Took you two long enough!" Dean said excitedly as he glanced at his watch.

"Woah, Luka's appointment is done! I gotta go. He's gonna show me that porn magazine he has-"

"DEAN!" I say quickly and he chuckles.

"I'm joking, he's only gonna show me some good ass car models he smuggled in! Won't mind it if they were por-"

"NO! Shut up!" I say and Aaron snorts earning him a dirty look from me.

"Anyway, we gotta go, chika," Aaron said. "Or that fruit b**** will kill us. We can't be late," he said looking at his watch. "Aaannd we're already 10 minutes late."

"F***. Y'all gotta go. She'll f*** you up," Dean said smiling wickedly.

"Uh I guess so," I say getting up.

I tell them all my byes and move. Aaron follows me.

We were standing right in front of room 3. We could see Dr.Cherry's back as she clutched her phone to her ear and paced around the room.

Aaron plucks up his courage and opens the door as I gulp and follow him inside.

She turns around as her smile falters on seeing us. She hangs up on whoever she was talking to and glances at her watch.

"You two are 23 minutes late," she looks up sighing, "You see, under normal circumstances, I wouldn't mind missing the whole session with two psychos. But-" she says dramatically, "-now I really need that vacation. So you gotta win. So you see, just to prevent further delays, what-so-ever, you'll get a detention.  No lunch," Aaron grimaces, but she carries on, "Ofcourse I won't be there with you!"

"Ofcourse!" Aaron says loudly, "Cause you're a little piece of s*** and you know it," he continues under his breath as I smirk.

Dr.Cherry spares Aaron a glance before continuing, "Mrs.Rose will keep an eye on you."

Aaron grunts loudly and Dr.Cherry smiles satisfied.

"Anyway! Practice! Practice! Practice!" she says with her stupid piercing voice. "I already chose your song! All you got to do is listen to it carefully. Feel it. Then, you'll have to do an out of heart dance!" she says excitedly pointing at the laptop. "I also chose your clothes! You," she pointed at Aaron, "You will be wearing like a casual teen. Typical black shirt and leather black jacket. Your hair style will have to change," she approached Aaron and started playing around with his hair. "It'll have to be something like this!" she backed away showing a red-faced Aaron in a very good messy hairdo. "You," she points at me, " you'll wear a half lingerie half vintage dress. So in other words a very sexy, short dress!"

Aaron and I gape at her.

"Don't you think that is inapt? I mean we're in a mental hospital?" I ask her and she snorts.

"Inapt? Don't you think that's what the audience wants to see? You gotta let go the stripper inside of you! It's a win-win," she says smirking and Aaron almost jumps on her.

"Absolutely not. It's not going to happen. She won't be wearing a lingerie for anyone. And DEFINITELY not for winning this piece of crap! If she wins, she wins for her talent, not stripping!" he says angrily as his sexy-ass hair falls on his forehead.

"Detention. No lunch tomorrow for you, Aaron and Amelia!" she says smiling as Aaron backs away shaking with anger. "What I say happens. Or you'll land in deep water Aaron. Don't forget that I told Dr.Michael that I was the one to take you out of the clinic the time you escaped. I can talk. Remember. So let's not get into that, huh?" she says threateningly as she smiles. "All you have to do is be nice and well win."

I open my mouth, but she gets there before me, "Yup, it's definitely time you heard the song!"

She waltzes her way to the laptop and presses on the space button and the song plays.

It's Sorry by Justin Beiber.

C'mon woman! That's old.

Aaron stares at the screen as if hypnotized. Yeah right, aside from Adele, the last song he heard was Rabiosa. So he definitely didn't know it.

Dr.Cherry keeps replaying it and then finally stops, handing us a piece of paper.

"I want you for every lyric to write down your move. Now that I gave you your song and instructions, I will leave the rest to you! You may want to practice with your customes to get used to them. Anyway, I'll leave now. Have fun!" she opens the door and leaves.

Aaron grimaces after her, before looking at me. Only then did it hit me that we were alone in the room which totally unnerved me. Especially after what happened yesterday.

"I... ugh... let's plan out the dance, shall we?" Aaron says clearing his throat.

And so we did, which went like this.

You gotta go and get angry at all of my honesty

Aaron will start behind me holding my hands which will be touching my body precisely.

You know I try but I don't do too well with apologies

I will turn to face Aaron quickly still holding my hands as I slither my way down to his waist.

I hope I don't run out of time. Could someone call a referee? 'Cause I just need one more shot at forgiveness

I will immediately turn around will crouching while Aaron will crouch down and bring me up placing a hand on my belly.

I know you know that I made those mistakes maybe once or twice

We exchange places, so he's infront and I'm at the back. Aaron will have his hands on my back and my hands will be clutching his clothes.

And by once or twice I mean maybe a couple of hundred times

I'll place my hands on his ears and trail them down all the way to his lips as he leans back on me.

So let me, oh, let me redeem, oh, redeem, oh, myself tonight. Cause I just need one more shot, second chances

Aaron will jump next to me and body rolls as I crouch low slowly.

Yeah, is it too late, now to say sorry

I'll get up slowly and seductively as Aaron pulls a hand through his hair and looks down.

Cause I'm missing more than just your body.

We will grind against each other.

Yeah is it too late now to say sorry

I quickly turn to face him placing my hands at the side of his head as he goes down and hold my hips.

Yeah I know-oh-oh that I let you down, is it too late to say sorry now

I will move my hips once to the left and twice to the right.

Sooorry.

Aaron gets up and holds my torso as I lean against him.

Then we will repeat the same steps for the next parts.

After writing it, I thought how nearly impossible it was to actually do it. Will I really be able to let him lay a finger on me without feeling my skin on fire and not really wanting to clutch his face and kissing every bit of it?!

I gulp and feel Aaron poke me.

"Earth to Amelia!" he says snapping his fingers infront of me.

"I'm sorry. You were saying?" I say shaking my head out of all them dirty thoughts.

"I was saying, are you ready?"

I stare at him open-mouthed momentarily before getting my s*** together.

"Er-yeah! I definitely am!" I say quickly, regretting it.

I feel Aaron stand behind me.

"Okay. Give me your hands," he whispers in my ear behind me as I stood frozen. "Your hands, Am."

I shake my head again and give him my hands which he clutches in his big ones.

"Okay now move them."

I start hesitatedly to move my hands starting from my torso up to my neck as I feel Aaron's heart thumping against my back.

I then turn around and was momentarily caught off guard when I looked in his eyes. I then go down feeling every inch of his torso up to his waist. I close my eyes.

I then circle my left leg to turn my back to him as I feel Aaron come down and place his hands on my belly so gently and we both rise.

F***.

I then turn around so that I was behind him. I then feel his hands snake up my back as I clutch his shirt and gasp quietly.

I then put my hands on either side of his head and make sure my hand goes down slowly, until I touch his soft plump lips. Oh boy, I'm getting dizzy. He then leans on me as his body glues to mine.

He then detaches himself from me to stand next to me and body rolls as I crouch low slowly.

I then get up slowly as he pulls his hands in his hair as his head was pulled back and his Adam apples show up and I close my eyes.

Aaron then was behind me and we were grinding against each other. I then face a panting Aaron as I place a hand on his head as he goes down his head slipping out my hands and he places his hands on my hips.

I momentarily look down at him to see his eyes boring into mine. I quickly turn around and shake my hips as his hands go along.

He then gets up a hand on my belly as I lean against him. We then stop and move away from each other.

It was over.

Aaron runs out of the room.

---------------

Aaron's POV

I run my fingers through my hair panting. I hide in the washroom. She'll probably be out wondering what has got into me.

I can't be friends with her. I can't be. I sit on the toilet seat after covering it and clutch my head in my hands.

I thought I could! I thought. I thought. I thought. I thought. I thought.

I could easily overpower her, kiss her and do whatever I wanted with her. But that would be so selfish. I want her to want me. To desire me.

To love me.

But I can't help myself. I can't stop thinking when she touches me. I so many times wanted this touch to be a touch she loved, but I could see her torture herself with her denial.

She's stupid. My stupid.

I was wrong and reckless. I really can't be a friend with a person whom I want to keep to myself. Only mine.

She's making it so difficult for me.

If only she could admit.

I would show her paradise. I would take her away and hide her between my arms. I'd do anything for her.

I love her.

"Aaron? Are you in there?" I hear her voice as my heart jumps.

I'm sorry Amelia, I was wrong. You were right.

We can't be friends.

"Aaron are you alright?" I ask daring to actually step in the male's washroom. "Aaron?"

"Yup. Er.. Just about great," his voice comes muffled from inside and I sigh in relief.

"But you.. er.. suddenly ran away," I say feeling uncomfortable that I was talking to him in the first place.

"Felt suddenly kinda...uh.. dizzy," he says in an unconvincing tone. Trust me, if there's anyone who's a bad liar, it would be him, but I decided to let it go. It was awkward enough for Aaron to suddenly become my 'friend' which I knew was impossible ever since Aaron stepped into the dorm yesterday.

"Okay, I guess. Lunch already started," I shrug and open the door as I slam into someone's chest.

I gasp as we both stare at each other. I saw him before in the auditions. The skinny guy with blue spiky hair, eyeliner and long fingernails.

What's your story I wonder?

He then started screaming. I mean it... screaming.

I freaked out that I was caught and started screaming too. I tried to leave, but he was standing right infront of the door. I shut up, but he's a fricking wailing siren!

A door opens and a red-eyed Aaron budges out. He looked like he was-

"Zedd! Oh god Amelia! Wrong place wrong time," Aaron mutters quickly as he moves that screaming Zedd guy out of the way and he pushes me out, closing the door after me after muttering.

"Guy time."

I roll my eyes and walk to room 3, since apparently we're under 'detention'. I recognize Mrs.Rose standing infront of the door, humming a song I recognize. She then spots me and stops her humming to look at me.

I stand infront of her mustering a small smile.

"Where have you been?" she asks and I try looking in my mind for an answer.

"Er.. washroom?"

"But you came from the left," she said sharply.

"What do you mean?" I ask quickly trying to buy some time.

I am a bad liar.
I am a bad liar.
I am a bad liar.

"It's okay, never mind that!" she said bursting out in laughter. "I scared you didn't I?" she laughed again definitely at my terrified face expression. "I learnt it from that woman with that good bust... her name... er... Ha! Cherry. Gave you detention, huh?"

"Yes."

"Blimey, I haven't heard that word since the 1970s," she said laughing as I laugh nervously. "Anyway, you had that... uh... pretty boy with you, ya know, the blue eyes and dark hair... er-"

"Aaron."

"Yes him! Where he at?"

"I think he got dizzy and ran to the  washroom, I guess."

"Ahaaa! Fine lady. Go in and stay in there and never come out," she said in a very serious tone and I frowned.

She then burst out in laughter.
"Just trying it out with you again!"

I laugh nervously as I get in the room, sit on the floor, bring my knees to chest and wrap my arms around it.

I close my eyes and wonder how things would be if I didn't know I had a disease. What if my mother didn't commit me here? What really has happened?

I would probably be enjoying an ice cream on the beach with Adam by my side. I would be having a great summer!

I sometimes would think, did I actually go into an accident with Adam? Was Adam the one who was driving? Was it me? And if I really had an accident, shouldn't I have at least a scar?

I shut my eyes against all the questions that came out all of a sudden. I don't like where my mind was going.

I hear the door opening and I start. It's just Aaron. Another burden in my pretty much messed up life.

He looks at me looking so distant. He then turns his head away.

Oh here we go. Another f***ed up drama in my dramatic f***ed up life and honestly I'm just DONE with this.

I stare at his back as he sits infront of the laptop, not sparing me a galnce. What has got into him?!

One time he's cold and selfish.
Then he's friendly and lovely.
Another he's just distant and non-existing.

What the hell is his problem in life?!

"Okay? So that's it? You're done?!" I voice my thoughts frustrated.

Aaron slowly turns his head to face me with a startled look on his face.

"Done what?" he asks looking confused. Pretending, I mean.

"Done with your act!" I say frowning.

He gets up and narrows his eyes at me.

"I never acted anything," he said shrugging. "As a matter of fact, you're the one who has been acting all a long!" he says frowning as he approaches me.

"Oh NOW you're accusing me!" I say angrily. "You're driving me nuts! You are so contradicting! And-and ANNOYING! And-and an ASSHOLE! And-and a HEARTLESS DOG! And-and a LITTLE PIECE OF S***! You use me!" I find myself blurting and blabbering. I look at the genuine surprised look on his face.

He then smiles at me and steps closer.
"YOU GOTTA STOP WITH THIS S*** OF YOURS! I'M NOT LETTING YOU TOUCH ME EVER AGAIN! YOU KNOW WHAT I'M SAYING?!" I shout at him, but he keeps moving next to me. I feel hysteric that he's getting close to me again and ready myself to fight.

"IF-IF YOU TOUCH ME I'LL-YOU'LL REGRET IT!" I say as I move from my place pushing him out of my way in the process. "OH MY GOD!" I bellow exasperated. "WHY THE HELL ARE YOU SO TOUCHY AND-AND-AND SLIMY!"

Aaron stops in his tracks and starts laughing.

"Amelia you gotta stop!" he says in his deep, British accent. Him sexy b****. Urghhh "I mean it. People will hear-"

"THE ROOM IS SOUNDPROOF!" I say loudly just for the sake of annoying him.

"Okay. Are you done, yet? Are you done with your screaming?" he asks seriously and I stare at him. "Good. Now tell me wasn't you the one who wanted me as a friend?"

"But friends don't do that to friends!" I tell him the truth.

"Good you know! Then why are you so pissed off at my actions?"

"Because they're so wrong!" I tell him.

"Why do you care?" he speaks calmly and I look at him as if he's lost it.

"What do you mean by why do I care?!"

"You don't care, is what I meant!" he said annoyedly.

I shut up staring at him.

"Okay, I made a mistake, I tried being your friend again! I'm sorry."

"A mistake?"

"Yes! It definitely was a mistake! I should've known!"

"A mistake?" I repeat disbelieving.

"Ofcourse it was a messed up mistake! Wanna know why, Amelia? WANNA KNOW WHY?!"

I shut up and stare at him.

"BECAUSE I LOVE YOU, AMELIA! OKAY? I LOVE YOU! And I'm so so sorry! I CAN'T BE WITH YOU, OKAY?! BECAUSE IT DESTROYS ME! You destroy me," he bellows at me as he went red in the face as his hands shook by his sides. "I love you and I can't be with you because you don't belong to me!"

I gasp feeling my eyes fill with tears as he turns around and sits infront of the laptop like a statue.

I move backwards and hit the wall. I slide down and sit on the floor.

It's all my fault. All of it.

I stole his heart.

"In 3, 2, 1!" Dr.Cherry repeated as she pressed the laptop's space button.

Aaron and I start dancing together for the seventh time. We're already getting used to the steps. I do them physically, while my mind is stretches away. Aaron has made the same mistake three times in a row already, which means he too wasn't focusing.

I always make sure I close my eyes to avoid any eye contact, but it was to happen anyway and I knew it. Times when I had to turn and go down, I met his eyes.

And they were scary.

Too empty. So far away from me. So, so many times I wanted to call him back here. To listen to me. To hold me hard and do it right. But he was out of reach.

Before we even reach the fourth step Dr.Cherry's voice come into focus.

"Stop! JUST STOP!"

Aaron's hands slip from my waist and we both stare at her.

"What was that? What am I watching? You look like two grandmas doing some sick, slimy moves!" she said taking off her white coat and looking at us. "Aaron?! When I say step aside, I'm not telling you to do it like a zombie! When you go down on her, I'm not telling you to sit down while holding her. Your moves are so rigid! And you Amelia grandma? Why are yoh shaking your hips like Zedd?! You guys are definitely losing if you go on like this! That was just pathetic! I wanna see improvement! If you don't improve then no dinner!" she says threateningly. "AGAIN! 3, 2, 1!"

I sigh as Aaron takes my hands and we start again.

"Okay, okay stop! JUST STOP!" she dares interrupt us again. And so we do stop, as I notice Aaron's hands curl into fists. "No energy at all! What happened to you?!" she sits down on a chair she brought in and crosses her legs looking at us expecting an answer.

"Nothing. Nothing happened," I mutter seeing that Aaron was up to no speaking.

"Clearly," Dr. Cherry said clasping her hands together and looking at me. "Did you guys, by chance, fight?"

My heart jumps on the word "fight".

"No," Aaron said solidly to my surprise.

Dr.Cherry nods and looks up as if getting what the problem was.
"Oh yeah right, you didn't eat! I almost forgot!"

I stare at her as Aaron raises his eyebrows.

"Okay I get it! You need to eat! Dinner is in 5 minutes. Can you please do it one last time? Properly?"

That b**** just said the 'p' word, please.

"Okay, in 3, 2, start!"

The song blares out of the speakers and I do my best, but Aaron really wasn't helping as he occasionally pressed on my feet accidentally on purpose. Surprisingly she doesn't interrupt us as we finally finish the dance.

Aaron stretches looking at Dr.Cherry as I panted.

"Whatever you did was just horribly terrible, but you guys gotta eat," she says glancing at me. "Just get lost and don't be late after dinner! Amelia can I have a word?"

I frown slightly as Aaron immediately runs out.

"Amelia? Whatever is between you guys, you gotta sort it out," Dr.Cherry said sighing as I gasp.

"How did you-" I gasp again, but she raises a hand as she continues to speak.

"I'm a 40 years old mental doctor with twenty years of medical experience if life hasn't given me enough. I know things and of all things I know, is a heartbroken look," she said quietly. "I saw it in the boy's eyes."

I feel my heart sink as I stare at her midly surprised. Why does she care?

"Why care?" I find myself blurting out.

She simply chuckles with misery in her eyes.
"My 16 year old son committed suicide, because he was heartbroken," she said forcefully as I feel a lump in my throat. "I witnessed it. My son sprawled over the floor with a knife in a hand and blood all over the other. I held his rigid body as he mumbled 'I love you, mom'. I felt his body go limp in my hands as the lights of life escaped from his eyes. He was gone! What killed me the most was that I knew it was my fault. I was the one who refused to let him go out with that girl. Because I knew her. Because I knew that sooner or later she would die and leave him broken.  Because she was mentally ill too. And I got nothing, but regret to live with. I never thought it was that serious. I thought he'd let her go and move on, but no. My little pig-headed Andrew would never do that! He held on and the moment she died, he followed. Problem is, we think we have time but we don't really. We're always running out of time," she said sniffling as she wiped away her tears.

No wonder why she hates us, because the girl her son died for was one of us. I feel my heart soften a bit towards her.

"Anyway, you gotta go now and do what I said, okay? He's got a heart of gold!" she said as she patted me on my back and I awkwardly lunge to hug her feeling a feeling I've never felt before. Empathy. She turned from the monster I hated to a mother who actually cared. "Go now!"

I get up, give her a true heartfelt smile and finally turn to leave.

I am shook, but for now I gotta go find him. I gotta find Aaron.

I run down the corridors and round the corners.

I see his back standing in a corner as I slow down.

"Aaron!" I exclaim knowing what I  really wanted to tell him. I wanted to tell him that he was right! He turns around and I gasp.

He looks at me with swollen lips and right in the corner was no one, but Becca herself.

"Aaron?!" I repeat this time shocked.

Aaron wipes his lips as he sees me and I feel my world spinning and my stomach turning.

"Amelia, oh my god!" he whispered.

All I can say is that it took four words out of his mouth for me to vomit all my stomach contents all over the floor.

--------------

Aaron's POV.

Dr.Cherry finally lets us go. Being and dancing with Amelia just keeps killing me over and over again. And I can do nothing about it.

All I know is that she's driving me crazy and all I need is a distraction.

A good one.

I rush past corners and aisles until I find it coming right infront of me.

Becca.

She hurries to me grinning.
"Aaron, baby, why look so sad?" she said pouting as she drags me to a corner.

"Nothing. Nothing at all," I say feeling my eyes twitch.

I lied. There were alot of things. Amelia. Her voice. Her body. Her soul. Her beauty. Her hair.  All those things are why I am so sad.

She doesn't love me. I was wrong.

I feel the tears come as Becca placed her arms on my shoulders pouting.

I want to tell her to stop what she was doing, but before I knew what was happening she was already kissing me. Hard.

All I could think of was 'I am sorry Am' as the tears slipped down as I deepened the kiss.

I knew what I was doing was wrong. An unforgivable mistake, but I owe Amelia nothing. She doesn't love me.

I think of how it would feel if it were Amelia's lips pressed against mine. If it was her body that was pressed against mine. If it was Amelia's hands that went under my shirt. But my depths knew no despair.

I felt more hungry for her than ever. I knew she'll be the death of me.

"Aaron!" I hear her voice and I freeze. I feel like lava was poured all over my intestines. She was right behind me.

I slowly turn around and see her face expression change from excitement and remorse to disappointment and heartbreak.

Next thing I remember was how she puked all over the floor and all I could think of was

I am sorry Amelia.

So so sorry.

"YUCK!" Becca says loudly as she glances from me to Aaron. She then says something in Aaron's ears before leaving us alone.

I feel the heat of betrayal char my heart and existence. I can't stand being here. I can't stand the guilty look he was wearing! I can't stand anything!

I feel like breathing has become a burden. I feel my chest tighten with a big lump in my throat.

Tears fill my eyes as I watch him approaching me. He has never looked that appealing to me. And I hate it!

I am done with his lies and mischief. Oh it's different this time. It's final.

No second chances.
No forgiveness.

Just pain and broken hearts.

I feel a pang in my heart when I see his guilty tears slide down. I feel like I'm useless and worthless of anything. And all I know, is I don't want to be with him. I don't want to see him breathing infront of me.

He betrayed me and broke my heart.

It's wierd how my feelings changed from hate to uneasiness to love and finally heartbreak.

I don't know why I am standing. I don't know what I am waiting for. But I know something for real, I am done with running.

He approaches me, but the distance between us doesn't seem to decrease. We're so far. I'm so lost. He's the one who has the key to save me. But he's so faded. He's so not here.

He's gone forever.

My Aaron is gone forever.

-------------------------

Aaron's POV

I feel my insides being cut with the sharpest knife in existence.

Guilt.

I want the floor to swallow me up. I just can't stand seeing her so lost in a world of nothing but pain.

I would pay anything just not to see that look of pain in her hurt, distant and disappointed eyes.

I want to reach her. I want to tell her I've never regretted something so much.

I feel my head turn and turn with the fact that I just broke my bubble's heart. I feel so dirty. So undeserved.

She doesn't deserve me.

I want to take her hand in mine and hug her so tight. I want our souls to intertwine.

I want to tell her that she's mine. My one and only. My heart. I want to tell her that Becca was nothing. She never was anything, but the slut she is.

It was a mistake.

I can't express how mad I am at myself for doing this unfair mistake. I must've destructed her.

I want to cup her face and whisper to her 'I love you' over and over again.

I approach her, but she seems so far. The distance between us is big. So big.
I feel my tears slip down, because she was impossibly far.

Can't seem to let her go, can't seem to hold her close.

I stand infront of her, sinking in her pain.

I look at her, her face was the red shade of her hair.

I see her hands shake as she looks in my eyes. I can't look into hers.

---------------------
Amelia's POV

I slap him.

A loud, fresh slap with which I let go alot of tears. My hands are shaking with rage.

Before I knew it I was shouting at him,

"HOW DARE YOU? HOW DARE YOU PLAY WITH MY FEELINGS THIS WAY? DID YOU THINK? DID YOU THINK I WAS LIKE ANY OF THE GIRLS YOU MET BEFORE?! YOU SHOULD BE ASHAMED OF YOURSELF! YOU SHOULDN'T EVEN CRY! THIS IS AN INSULT TO TEARS, WHICH ARE A SYMBOL OF PURE REMORSE! WHAT ARE YOU?!"

I look at him panting as the tears escape uncontrollably.

"I swear-"

"I don't want to hear your voice! I DON'T WANT TO HEAR YOUR VOICE! IT JUST ADDS TO THE PAIN! I JUST DON'T WANT TO SEE YOUR FACE!" I scream at the top of my voice  as Aaron flinches.

"Amelia, I won-won't be able to sleep, I-"

"I DON'T CARE! I NEVER CARED! GO THERE AND STAY UP, TO WAIT FOR YOUR DEAD MOTHER! GO AHEAD AND KILL YOUR ALREADY DEAD SELF! CAUSE I'M HERE TO TELL YOU THAT YOUR PURPOSE TO LIVE IS SO WRONG! IT HAS NEVER BEEN ME! IT HAS ALWAYS BEEN YOURSELF! YOU SELFISH BASTARD! GO AHEAD AND DIE A LONELY DEATH, JUST LIKE YOU DESERVE! YOU AND GUYS LIKE YOU!"

I breathe as I see Aaron take a few steps backward.

I give him a dirty look, turn and run away. Run for my life.

I run down aisles crying openly and gasping for air as my hair fluttered behind me.

I hate him.
I hate him.
I hate him.
I hate him.

I finally am out of breath. I stop, slide down a wall and burry my face in my arms as I let out all my tears.

"Princess, what are you doing here? Oh my god, Amelia!" I hear a familiar voice and so I look up.

I find Dean standing right next to a tall, dark chocolate-eyed person. He must be Luka.

On seeing Dean, whom I really, really miss, I burst into more tears. Luka whispers something in Dean's ears and leaves.

Dean crouches next to me and wraps his arms around me.

"Why are you crying, baby girl?" he whispers and I cry even more.
"My little princess seems very hurt!" he muttered as he tightened his hold on me. "Tell me who, did this to you? I'll f*** him or her up, I swear!"

All I could muster was a soft whimper, "Aaron!"

There was a moment of silence only broken by my sobs.

"I knew it! Pale blue eyes, pale skin, some good ass natural hair, screamed nothing but TROUBLE!"

But I cried even more as I remembered how good looking he was.

"Not helping, eh?" Dean said sighing. "Okay princess, you need some Dean's advice."

I nod silently as he patted my hair.

"To be honest, throughout them almost two monthes we spent here, I can say Aaron is a good guy. With a golden heart. He could definitely be an ass and all, but he knows what's right and what's wrong! Trust me a guy knows a guy just from a fricking handshake! He seems to be of the good type. But I really can't advice you, if you don't tell me what really happened."

I look up into the deep forests in his dark green eyes and just knew that I wanted to tell him. I needed to.

And so I tell him all what happened to our relationship. And end with,
"Then, I found him kissing Becca."

I could see a ghost of hurt cross his eyes as I said 'Becca', but then he quickly recovers.

"I see," he said scratching his chin. "HOW DARE HE THOUGH?! UNBELIEVABLE! HE'S DEFINITELY THE HEARTBREAKER TYPE!" he explodes and I just stare at his red face. "DAMN THAT'S AN ASS MOVE!"

I nod over and over again, but I can't stop wondering what Aaron's doing now. Is he crying his eyeballs out, like me? Is guilt eating him up? Or is he with Becca?

I feel more tears come as Dean sighs.

"It's f***ed up, really. Maybe, it was a mistake! I mean it's really clear he cared. I mean he kissed you, almost stripped down for you-" I give him a dirty look and he clears his throat. "I mean, technically speaking, seduce you! He wants you to want him!"

"But he said he slept with Becca!" I say in protest as Dean shuts up and pursed his lips.

"Didn't put that into account. But wait! You said he wasn't sure because he passed out!"

I shrug weakily.

"What am I supposed to do? Especially that we have a dancing class?" I say quickly.

"Don't go!" he said urgently.

"No! I can't! Then I'll owe Dr.Cherry an explanation!"

"S***!" he said biting down his lips.

"I'll have to go Dean, but I can't stand his presence! I mean, if I see him I might cry and then-then everything will just go down! I might even give him a few slaps!" I say feeling more tears come.

"Well, that's something," he said raising his eyebrows. "You know what?!  F*** THIS S***! YOU OWN IT GIRL! GIVE HIM WHAT HE DESERVES!"

I stare at him and fight the urge to burst into more tears.

"I am sorry Amelia, but you need some girl's advice. How about you go and ask Becca?" he said and I glared at him. He laughs. "You got zero sense of humour princess! I mean why not ask Syd? She must understand this girl s*** better, you know what I'm saying?"

I sigh and smile at him.

"You're so useless!" I tell him and he smirks. "What were you doing here anyway?"

"I was at Luka's actually and was on the way to dinner, late as usual, when I found your crying ass," he said yawning as he glanced on his watch.
"Damn baby girl, dinner time is over. You gotta go!" he said sitting up.

I look in his eyes still not sure what to do.

"You gotta go," he repeated again.

I sighed and got to my feet. He followed.

"But he hurt me, Dean. What if I do something stupid?" I say voicing my thoughts.

"What's the stupidest thing you could do more than introducing Aaron to Becca?" he said smirking.

"But we didn't do it for the sake of this! We did it for you and-"

"I know! Syd told me. Apparently, 'operation lipstick' failed miserably, making us both drink from the same cup, eh?" he said smirking.

I nod silently, regretting operation lipstick with all my heart.

"Okay baby girl, you gotta go!" I turn and leave.

"YOU FORGOT MY HUG, PRINCESS!" I hear him calling me.

I smile to myself and run back to him as he engulfed me in a bear hug.

"You made me miss dinner!" he whispered in my ears and I playfully punch him in his arm. "I love you princess in a totally best-friend-only way!"

I laugh and say, "I love you much more in a totally best friendy only way!"

I then pull away and look in his eyes.
"Go ahead then! I don't want to see you cry again! Especially if my dinner, lunch or breakfast is at stake! Cause damn, princess, I'll have to stay by your side!"

I smile, sniffle as I wave him my byes.

I head to room 3 preparing for the worst. I pray God and open the door.

I step into room 3, where Dr.Cherry was sitting in the corner eying some papers.

She looks up at me through her glasses and puts down the papers.

"I hope everything's fine. So, did everything go well?" she asked crossing her legs.

Oh yes! Everything went great! Just saw him kissing a girl whom he might or might have not f***ed a few weeks ago. Oh and by the way, that happened after he admitted he loved me and I realized I had feelings for him. Did everything go well? Trust me, couldn't have been better.

I just put two thumbs up and smile weakily. She nods and returns to her papers.

I look anxiously at the clock on the wall and notice he was already twelve minutes late.

I sigh and place my chin in my hands as I sit on the floor waiting for Aaron to come to start practice.

But 12 minutes passed. And 30 more minutes passed. And an hour passed.

I sigh.

Dr.Cherry tsked over and over again as she went through her papers again and again.

I kept cracking my knuckles knowing he won't show up.

"Well, he won't show up, will he?" Dr.Cherry asks finally breaking the silence.

"I don't think so," I say slowly parting my lips.

Dr.Cherry nods.
"It's already midnight. You gotta return to your dorm."

I stare at her and she smiles.

"I knew he wouldn't turn up anyway. He took a permission. He was in a bad shape. I let him go."

Then why didn't she tell me that?!

"Was he? I mean, was he in a bad shape?"

"Yup, he looked terrible. Pale. Red,
puffy eyes. He looked detached, what to say?" Dr.Cherry said shrugging. She then eyed me curiously. "What happened, though?"

I look at her weighing the cons and pros of telling her what happened, because it's one long ass story.

"You can tell me if you want to," she said resting her back on the chair.

I look in the palm of my hands. Do I really want to tell her?

No absolutely not, she'll think I'm an emotionally dramatic f***ed up mentally ill girl.

But yes! I need some good ass advice. Especially from a mother who knows what it feels like to be heartbroken.

And I never had a mother.

Let's compromise.

I sigh and summarize it quickly.
"It's just that he said he loved me, but I found him kissing the girl who was flirting with him."

She nods slowly and puts aside her papers and eyeglasses.

"Oops that's one major mistake he made right here," she said sighing. "What do you think of it? I mean, you must be depressed. Disappointed. But are you willing to give him a second chance whatsoever?"

I frown slightly not thinking twice.
"Give him a second chance? Absolutely not!"

"So you think he's not worth it?"

"Yes, he's not worth it."

"What if he had his own reasons?"

I almost laugh at that.
"Do you think if he truly loved me, he would be able to even lay a finger on another girl, whatsoever?"

"No. He won't be able to. But does he know you love him?"

"Well, no," I said shrugging. "But he knows! He kept saying that! I kept denying!" I say protesting feeling embarrassed that I was discussing this with Dr.Cherry!

I mean two weeks back if you'd tell me that a day would come when I'll be seeking advice from her, I would probably laugh and choke on my own saliva at the impossibility of it.

"But you never said it back!" Dr.Cherry said indifferently.

"So is that an excuse?" I say feeling ridiculous.

"If you ask me? Yes."

"I can't believe this! If this is his reason then this means he's given up on me!"

"No. That's not what he did meant! Maybe he needed a distraction," Dr.Cherry said quietly. "But unfortunately you found him way too early."

"What are you saying?!" I tell her as if she's lost it. "Are you telling me I should've waited for a little longer? What -what are you saying?!"

"I'm saying he knows what he did was wrong and maybe it's the girl's fault! What if she was the one who threw herself all over him?! You yourself said that she was the one who was flirting with him."

I shut up processing what she said.
"I'm not giving him the benefit of doubt! Not again!"

"You won't be giving him the benefit of doubt, you're just putting a little bit of trust," she said raising her eyebrows.

I hate her smart comebacks.

"Don't you trust him?" Dr.Cherry said smiling.

Trust Aaron?

Absolutely yes!- he was the one who protected me and comforted me for so long. We went through thick and thin together. He always made sure I was with him in his very happy and sad moments. He opened up to me and trusted me on his deepest secrets.  And he did his best not to see me sad. He loved me and I definitely love him too.

Absolutely not! — I couldn't trust him on myself! He was the one who invaded my privacy! He was the one who let me- uh- URGHHH...

"I don't know!" I say annoyed.

"You don't know?" Dr. Cherry said raising her eyebrows.

I roll my eyes and look at her.
"Okay, fine. I trust him just a tiny little itsy bit!"

Turns out having a mother is annoying at times. I mean s***, they know things!

She smiles at me.
"You know Aaron, Amelia the most. Would you expect him to do something like that?"

"Well, considering he was the typical 'play boy' back in school, yup I would definitely expect that," I say quickly.

Dr.Cherry rolls her eyes this time.
"Definitely not what I was referring to."

Thinking of Aaron as a man out of highschool who had spent many other years of high school lonely, he would be loyal to whoever.

I groan again and nod.

Dr.Cherry smiles.
"Now that you're thinking positively about your situation, tell me, would you forgive him?"

I almost choke on my tongue.
"Not a chance."

"But why not?!"

"Dr.Cherry, he broke my heart! Smashed it and powdered its existence! I don't think it's that easy!" I tell her sadly as I feel some tears fill my eyes. If they dare fall-

Dr.Cherry stays quiet for a while purses her lips and sighs.
"Anyway, I tried to show you the good side of your situation. However, it all returns back to you. All you gotta do is relax and give it a good thought! Remember Amelia, don't miss out on a love then regret yourself on it, okay? You find what you really want and do it! Don't miss out on a chance to prove him right and you wrong. Amelia, when people find love they make sure they hold on tight on it. I mean after all, in this world people live looking for love. Some people are lucky enough to find it. Some people die trying to find it. Now that I've given you my advice, you can go."

I look at her my shirt already drenched in tears. Aaron is an ass and he hurt me. She's right about so many things! But I'm doubtful. I'm scared I'll get heartbroken again.

I sigh and smile weakily as I get up and finally leave, but this time I'm not heading to my dorm. I'm heading to Dean's.

I can't spend the nights with Aaron. I need time.

Alot of it.

---------------------

Aaron's POV

I've already taken a permission from Dr. Cherry to not attend the practice. Told her I was tired and was lacking a lot of sleep, which wasn't a total lie.

I definitely didn't want to head to the foodcourt where Becca told me to meet her after our disgusting kiss. 

And I didn't want to head to my dorm, because there's a high chance I'll find Amelia there. And that's the last thing I'd want to see. Amelia looking heartbroken because of me.

I already saw Sam, Cecilia and Luka head to the court. I walk aimlessly in the aisles and trust me when I say I've never felt so lonely in my life.

I felt like my life was falling apart and all I can do is stare blankly at it.

I then walk straight through an open door.

Excellent!

I wince and move a few steps backward as I bring my hand to my head where there seems to be a little bump.

"Oh my gosh! Oh my gosh!" a squeky little voice says as a girl of eighteen years old peeps from behind the door.

I stare at her short figure clad in a denim overall. She had curly, dark brown hair and eyes.

"Are you okay?!" she hurries to me as she starts examining my bump as I stare at her an idea in my head.

"No," I breathe and she frowns slightly as I quickly place my hands on her mouth and force her inside her dorm.

I hear her muffled screams.

"Shhhhhh! Shhhhhh! I swear I'm not going to hurt you! I just want some help! Shhhhh! OWWWWWWW!" I quickly remove my hands and shake it in pain. Urgh here comes the blood. GOD she's got daggers for teeth!

She bit my left hand and it was bleeding like hell now.

I then stare at her and then she starts screaming like a banshee.

"Okay! Please shut up! UGHHH! SHUT UP!" I say loudly and she finally does. "I'm not here to hurt you!" I tell her as I slowly raise my hands in surrender. "I just need some help!" I say panting as I glance at the deep cut she has caused on my hand.

She stares at me as she backs away from me.
"I'm just a kid! Please don't touch me!" she said frantically.

I roll my eyes and sigh.
"I said I wasn't going to hurt you, okay?! Just calm down, okay?! Jeez!"

She nodded several times placing a hand over her mouth.

"Can you help me?" I say as I reach out for her left arm with my right hand, but before I could lay a hand on her she starts screaming again.

I place my hands on my ears feeling the blood on my left ear. She then stops.

"STOP! I ASKING YOU TO HELP ME! I'M NOT GOING TO HURT YOU! DON'T YOU UNDERSTAND?!"

"How can I help you then?" she said cautiously.

"I just need someone to talk to," I say smiling charmingly.

She starts screaming again louder than ever.

I wince frowning at her.

"F***! STOP!" I shout at her and she stops. "I SAID I'M NOT GOING TO HURT YOU! I JUST WANT SOMEONE TO TALK TO. SOME ADVICE!"

She stares at me bewildered. She then sits on her bed.

"What's your name?" she asks cautiously.

"Aaron and I swear I don't bite," I say looking at the cut in my hand. Damn it'll need some stitches. F***. "What's your name?"

"Why should I tell you?" she asks curiously.

"Because I told you mine? Because I want you to help me? Because friends tell other friends their names? Do you relate to any of those reasons?" I tell her slowly and she nods.

"Okay... My name is-" she pauses looks at me apprehensively and finally says something like, "Sismm."

"Huh?" I say and she straightens up, takes a deep breath and opens her mouth.

What the f***? Am I telling her to go kill herself?

"Simone. My name is Simone," she murmured and I nodded.

Took her long enough.

"Okay Simone, first of all I need to wrap my hand in some cloth, before I tell you my story."

Simone looks at me startled, glances at the cut in my hand and gets up quickly heading to her sticker-covered closet.

I stare at her poster full walls. I notice another bed and closet in the other section of the dorm and realize that she has a roommate and that I must be done before he/she comes.

I hear the sound of some tearing and then she throws a small piece of black cloth at me.

I tie it around my hand as I cringe at the sight of the blood. Simone returns to her bed with her hands clasped in her laps.

"You wanted to-er- tell me something?"

"Yes."

And so I tell her everything about me. My illness. My weakness, Amelia. My mistakes. My feelings. Every. Little. Detail.

"So she found you kissing her?" she said as she was now pacing across the room and I was sitting on top of her closet with her pillow in my lap (I was explaining my ingenious invention of my closet bed).

"Yes," I say miserably. "But it was the biggest mistake I've ever committed! I never wanted this to happen! It was Becca, who threw herself all over me! I was just so hurt!"

"Mmmmm... You effed up so hard A!"

"I know! But I love her! And I'm not  ready to lose her! I can't afford that!"

"But come on! She must know that this was a mistake! She's such a drama mama!" Simone said collapsing on her roommate's bed.

"No, Simone! I hurt her. I saw it in her eyes. Damn, my breath tightens every time I remember it!" I say fixing the black cloth. "I'm scared she'll give up on me! What if she won't give me a second chance?!"

"You mean a sixth chance, Aaron!" Simone says sighing.

"Whatever!"

"Where did she go after she slapped you?" she then giggled again and I rolled my eyes.

Yup she kept laughing so hard when I told her she slapped me.

Yup life is a b****.

"How am I supposed to know?!" I tell her pouting.

"What do you suspect?" she said as she layed on the bed so that she was facing the ceiling.

"Maybe back to our dorm?"

"Ofcourse not!" Simone said in a 'duh' tone.

"Why not?!"

"Well, isn't it obvious? She wouldn't want anything that'll remind her of you!"

I sigh as I dangle my legs from the top of the closet.

"You're right."

"Maybe a friend!" Simone exclaimed.

"Or maybe she returned to practice!" I say remembering how Dr.Cherry-b**** looked at me as if she knew something I didn't.

"Possible."

"But what am I supposed to do right now?!" I ask exasperated.

"You gotta take care of yourself, Aaron. You gotta sleep. I don't want you ending up in the clinic again! Then go looking for her if that's what you really want," Simone said sitting up and looking at me. "And go get some stitches too."

I smile sighing as I throw the pillow in her face. She holds it and I jump from the closet.

"Dinner is already over. You gotta go before Natalie comes or she'll freak out. Do what I said okay?"

I groan, but she raises her eyebrows as if warning me.

"Okay," I say rolling my eyes.

"And when you're done, you better find me and tell me!" she said getting up from the bed.

"Sure, your dorm number is?"

"200, it's easy to remember."

I smile at her and turn to leave.

"I'll see you later, then!" I tell her as I open the door. She nods quickly smiling. "Thanks for the help! I really appreciate it!"

She grins. "No problem. No problem at all!"

I close the door and find myself engulfed by the crowd and by my loneliness again as I head to my dorm. I want to find her.

Have to find her.

Amelia, my bubble,

I don't know where you are or how  you've been. But I wanted to say I'm so sorry and that I love you so much.

I know you can't hear me, but I'm not giving up on you. You're the best thing that happened to me. And I've realized that I can fix literally any problem in my life! But I can't fix losing you, baby bubble.

I love you and I hope you love me back enough to fix this s*** with me.

Amelia I need you.

Where are you now?

I love you.

"Amelia?!" Sam says shocked as he opened the door. "What-what–it's already one o'clock in the morning! Is everything okay?!"

I nod unconsciously as I look at a stunned Dean's face from behind Sam's shoulders.

"Let her in Sam," Dean said heading back to his bed.

Sam looks confused, but then he shrugs and opens the door widely.

I barge in and Dean looks up at me.

"He didn't show up did he?" he said sighing heavily.

"Who show up what?!" Sam said perplexed closing the door.

Dean and I ignore him.

"No, how did you know?" I ask him quietly.

"I had a feeling! I didn't want to tell you though. I didn't want to disappoint you," Dean said softly.

I sit on Sam's bed and stared in my palms. I feel the bed lower by the weight of someone who sat next to me. It was Sam.

I sigh and shrug.
"It's okay. It's all going to be okay," I say trying to convince myself that everything that's happening to me is okay.

"I still don't get a thing!" Sam said annoyedly from next to me.

"You don't need to get anything!" Dean snapped at him and Sam frowned.

"Why are you here?" Dean asked.

"I'm staying with you guys and I'll make sure that by tomorrow I'll tell Dr. Michael that I wanted to change my room. I can't stay with Aaron, whatsoever!" I say heavily.

"I understand," Dean said nodding slowly.

"Aaron?! Why do you wanna change rooms?! I mean I know his feet smell and... well... he snores loudly, but-" Sam starts, but Dean shushes him.

"Yeah sure! You can have my bed! I'll sleep next to Sam," Dean said, but Sam gives him a dirty look.

"There's no way in heaven, you're sleeping next to me!" Sam said seriously.

"And why not?" Dean said raising his eyebrows.

"Because you fart when you sleep! Besides I don't want to wake up with your foot in my mouth!" Sam said crossing his arms.

"But I'm your brother!"

"Oh that's another reason why!" Sam said.

Dean snorted then looked at me.
"Okay, then you can sleep next to me!" Dean said.

"Who told you I'd like to sleep next to a farting Dean?" I say smirking.

"Bish you wish!" Dean said jokingly.

"Oh shut up!" Sam and I say at the same time.

"Make up your mind Am!" Sam said.

"Fine! I'll sleep next to Sam!" I say and Dean's eyes almost pop out.

"You'll sleep next to that insect?!"
Sam stuck out his tongue at Dean, who in turn threw a pillow in his face.

"Cut it out!" Dean said threateningly to Sam.

"Or what?" Sam said wriggling his eyebrows.

"Okay, okay! Sleeping time!" I say as Dean stopped midway of getting up to lunge at Sam.

"Yes, sleeping time!" Dean said loudly eying Sam angrily.

Sam cleared his throat and layed on his bed. I awkwardly layed down on my side next to him so that I were facing Dean's bed. Dean gets up to switch off the lights.

"Okay, move a bit!" Sam's muffled voice comes from next to me.

"If I did I'll fall!" I protested as Sam grunted.

"Fine, can you please turn around! I don't like how your flat butt feels!"

"Hey!" I say as I smacked his arm. "I won't move!"

"Ughh! You're so fat!"

"Shut up, Sam!" I said pushing him hard. He fell off his bed.

I hear Sam grunt as he returns.
"Okay! You started it!"

"You did!" I say turning to face him angrily.

"Did not!"

"Did!"

"Did not!"

"Did! You're such an ass!" I said staring at him-well, at the darkness where he was supposed to be.

"Did-"

"WILL YOU BOTH SHUT UP! I WANT TO SLEEP!" Dean's voice blared and we both shut up.

-------------

"She's beautiful!"

"Ugh nah! She's drooling!"

I can hear two voices above me. A serious one and a laughing one.

Oh no.

I open my eyes and stare at two unfocused faces infront of me.

Dean's index finger was pointing at the corner of my mouth as Sam narrowed his eyes at him.

I slapped away Dean's finger as he started.

"And the devil's awake!" he said loudly. "Get up princess, breakfast already started.

"What?!"

"Ever wondered why we excel at the talent of being late?" Sam said smirking.

I sit up and feel like I forgot something.

"MY MEDICINE!" I say slapping my forehead.

"It's okay-" Dean starts.

"Oh no! Oh no no no!" I find myself saying as I get up and push Dean out of the way. I know what happens when I don't take my medicine.

I see things.

"You're leaving looking like this?!" Sam commented quickly as Dean stiffled a laugh.

"What's with this?" I say rubbing my eyes and then patting down my hair.

"Oh nothing! Nothing at all!" Sam said raising two thumps up. "Carry on as if I didn't say anything."

I opened the door and stepped into the empty hall.

I stop immediately as I stare at my dorm's door.

What if he is inside?
What if he is inside with someone?

I shrug off those thoughts and turn the door knob.

I feel my heart beat uncontrollably as I breathe heavily.

I open the door widely and momentarily close my eyes. I snap them open.

No one.

I breathe.

I quickly make my way to my bed where I kept my medicine under the pillow. I pop a pill in my mouth and swallow it.

I sigh patting down my hair again. Ughhh! I head to the washroom to brush my hair and pee.

It's human nature.

I open the drapes and gasp.

On the floor, Aaron was sprawled all over with his head lolled on the edge of the toilet seat.

His hair was wet and he was only in his boxers as his hands lay on either side of him. One hand held a paper.

I let out a scream after which I immediately crouch next to him.

"OH MY GOD, AARON!" I scream shaking him with my hands. "Baby please!" I say quickly as I take his head on my lap. I hold his hands to my heart, then remember the piece of paper in his hands which I pocket.

I quickly place two shaking fingers on his neck.

No pulse.
No pulse.
No pulse.

I scream hysterically as I slap him on his face.

"WAKE UP BABY! PLEASE PLEASE!" I cry and was soon hyperventilating.

I kept ruffling his hair and screaming at him.

"AARON, BABY PLEASE!! I LOVE YOU BABY PLEASE!!" I scream more.

Suddenly I feel someone carrying me away from him with so much force, I let go of Aaron.

I kick on the floor and try to lunge at Aaron again with my arms flailing, but to no avail.

Someone else barged in and heaved Aaron off the floor.

I was screaming like crazy.
"AARON IS DEAD!" I keep screaming as I slapped myself. But someone caught my hands and held them tight.
"AARRRRRROOOOOOOOOON!" I scream one last time, before I saw him carried out of the door.

I remember the time Adam was carried out of the car's door as I see the same happening to Aaron.

I close my eyes as I collapse on the ground crying more than ever.

I feel hands wrap around me as I burry my face in the same person's chest.

I feel the person pat down my hair and kiss my forehead as I pant helplessly.

"Come off it, princess, please! I'm going to cry now!" said the same person whom I guessed was Dean now.

But I can't stop. I don't want Aaron to die! I can't stand it! I'd die!

Not again! Not another loss!

Not after Adam! Not again!

"My heart, my heart, my heart," I find myself murmuring energiless. I drop my hands to my side.

I feel Dean hold me tighter from my back.
"He's going to be okay!" he kept whispering, but I kept shaking my head.

"He's gone, isn't he? Why aren't you telling me?! WHY AREN'T YOU TELLING ME?!" I scream crying as I looked into Dean's eyes.

But Dean was hiding something and I knew it.
"TELL MEEEE!" I say grabbing his clothes in my hands. "WHY AREN'T YOU SAYING SOMETHING?! DEAN ANSWER ME!"

But Dean looks at me with pity written all over his face.

"PLEASE SAY SOMETHING!!" I beg him and shake him, but he won't utter a word. "HE WAS LYING LIFELESSLY ON THE WASHROOM'S FLOOR FOR SO LOONG! IF ONLY I WERE THERE! IF I WASN'T MAD AT SUCH A STUPID THING! I HATE MY SELFFFFF!" I scream again as the pang I felt in my heart became stronger than ever. "MY HEAAAARRTTT!!!" I cry again looking at a stunned Dean.

"DEAAAN PLEASE! DON'T LET THE FALSE HOPE KILLLL MEEE!!!" I say panting as I stare at the open door as if waiting for someone to show up.
"HE'S DEAD, RIGHT?"

Dean grimaced, nodded ever so slightly, shut his eyes and tightened his grasp on me.

"He's dead?" I muster quietly.

Dean nods again and I feel my head turning and turning.

I remember laughing hysterically before collapsing between Dean's arms.

-----------------

"Wake up. Amelia, please," I feel a voice whisper above me as I snap my eyes open.

I look frantically around me as I get up, but someone pushes me down again to the soft bed I was lying on.

I look up finding a weary looking Sam sitting on a chair next to me and a sleeping Dean on the chair next to him.

"Where am I?" I inquire immediately. "Where is Aaron? Is he dead for real? Is he gone?" I say feeling tears come out.

"You're in the clinic. You blacked out after the shock you experienced. You didn't have any food in your system for so long."

Yes, I had no lunch or dinner yesterday.

I groaned and stared at Sam.
"Aaron! I'm talking about Aaron! Is he gone?!" I say feeling my heart sink as reality began to reek in.

"You're not supposed to worry about anything now," Sam said monotone and I almost slapped him.

"I know what to and what to not worry about!" I snap at him and he looked surprised. "Is he-Aaron dead?"

"I can't tell you," Sam said quietly as if putting some sense into me.

"NO! TELL ME NOW!" I scream, but immediately regret it as I feel dizzy as my head hit the pillow.

"You need rest!" Sam said as I see him poking Dean.

I send Sam a very dirty look and he gulps.

Dean jerks from his sleep and sits up.
"Amelia?! You're awake? What time is it?"

"It's 2 in the morning," Sam replies and my heart jumps.

"It's 2 after midnight!" I say jerking up as I shut my eyes to ease the dizziness. "Aaron?! Please tell me!" I look from Sam's face to Dean's face helplessly.

"If I tell you, do you promise not to scream? Or do any careless leaps or whatsoever?" Dean asked cautiously and I feel my eyes fill with tears already.

"Yeah, just tell me already!"

"Okay. He's still alive. More of barely alive. In a comma. He'll be given induced sleep for at least 3 straight days," Dean said sighing and I stare at him.

"SO HE'S STILL ALIVE!!" I say crying tears of relief.

"Yes," Sam says rolling his eyes and I almost sit up, before Sam and Dean lunge at me to push me down.

"Not going to happen princess!" Dean grunted smirking.

"I HAVE TO SEE HIM!" I say loudly.

"You promised Amelia! Besides it would be really helpful if you lowered your voice! There are some other people sharing the room with you," Sam murmured sending sideway glances to the beds next to us.

"You have to rest, babygirl!" Dean said locking eyes with me.

I let out a deep breath as I nod and hit my head on the pillow.

Sam and Dean sat back in their chairs both staring at me.

"Syd and Cecilia should be coming any moment now. You know they'll be late because of the practice and all," Sam said glancing at a wooden door in the further end of the room.

"Luka and Xavier came in right after lunch, but you were sleeping," Dean added smiling.

"Someone else visited," Sam blurted out and I eyed him curiosly.

"Who?" I ask.

Sam looks at Dean who shrugs. Sam looks back at me with a pitiful look on his face.

"Becca."

"Becca?!" I say my eyes widening. "What brought her here?! Why is she always after me?!" I ask shutting my eyes and bringing my hands to my face.

"She wanted to tell you something," Dean said skeptically gulping.

"Tell me something? She tell me something?" I repeat almost laughing.

"She said she'll visit another time," Sam said.

How did Sam know all about that?!

Oh, Dean. His brother.

I sigh shutting my eyes as I feel a piece of paper crammed in my sweatpants' pocket.

I soon hear the door opening. I snap my head in its direction.

Sydney and Cecilia come in.

Cecilia and Syd come stumbling in as they rushed to my bed.

Sam and Dean turned to look at them smiling.

"Amelia, how are you holding up?" Syd said quietly smiling at me.

"Just fine," I say as I slowly sit up smiling weakily.

"How are you feeling?" Cecilia added quickly and Dean rolled his eyes.

"Well, if we're gonna go about feelings and how're your feeling and all of our feelings, I'd better leave," Dean said yawning as Syd and Cecilia glared at him.

"I'm okay, could've been much worse," I tell Cecilia reassuringly and she nods slowly.

"It must have been very difficult for you to witness the loss of anozer person," Cecilia said sympathetically.

"But thank God he's not," Syd added quickly and I nodded.

"Anyway, ve came 'ere to see you, but you need some rest, okay? Ve'll leave and come back tomorrow, okay?" Cecilia said and I smiled at her.

"Thank you for coming," I say quietly as Syd smiled.

Cecilia glanced at Sam who was staring at her and grinned. She then immediately turned around to leave followed by Syd who waved and winked at me.

I readjust myself on the bed and stare at the two brothers who were watching the door close.

"So... when will you guys leave? It's getting late, you know? You gotta go sleep," I say quietly feeling myself doze off already.

Sam raises his eyebrows as Dean smirks.

"Are you serious?" Dean said. "That's all we get for our help? An early leave?"

I chuckle as Dean smiles.
"Just go!" I say as Sam yawns.

"Well, we'll be back before you know it, princess!" Dean said smirking as he  got up and Sam followed.

"Take care, Amelia," Sam said softly as they both left.

I sighed to myself thinking of how much I really love them.

I sink in the bed with my mind on one thing.

Aaron.

Before I knew it, I was deep asleep.

----------

I was blindfolded. My hands weren't tied. I tried to remove the blindfold, but I couldn't.  I was breathing hard as tried over and over again to remove the blindfold. I started hyperventilating as I kept moving around with my arms extended infront of me.

I keep hitting hard solid walls. I try to remove the blindfold again and finally let out a scream of exasperation.

I was feeling cold.

I hear footsteps approaching me. I turn around and around hysterically trying to determine their direction.

"Okay easy, easy," I hear a familiar deep voice from behind me. I stop dead as I feel him grab my hand. I let out a shriek.

"Shhhhhh, bubble, you're too loud," the voice says impatiently and my heart jumps in realization of who this is.

"Aaron?" I whimper.

"You're blind remember? Shhhh. Now, will you hold this for me?"

I feel a cold, metallic something in my hand.

"Wh-what is it?" I stammer as he adjusts my hand around the thing. I gasp. "Is it? Is it?"

"A gun. Easy, its all going to be over soon."

"What do you mean?!" I say hysterically as I try to let go of the gun in my hand, but Aaron holds my hand with the gun.

I feel him raise my arm.
"Aaron, please!!!" I say crying, but he won't stop. I can't stop myself either!

"I can't stop you, Amelia," I hear him say as I frown.

"What do you mean?"

"You have to stop yourself. You're going to kill me," he said calmly and I freak out.

"How can I stop myself?!" I say quickly as I raise the other hand to hold on to Aaron's arm, but to no avail.

"You have to see," he said and I gasped.

"See? Huh?"

"You have to see me, Am."

"But I already did!" I say helplessly.

"No. You didn't," he said as our arms stop moving.

"Oh no, no, no, no!" I gasp, but he shushes me. "What am I pointing at? Please don't tell me it's-"

"My heart, Amelia."

BAM!

I hear a thud as the blindfold gets removed and my eyes lay on the lifeless body of Aaron. I scream and scream-----

I jolt up from the bed sweating like nothing.

Just a nightmare.
Just a nightmare.
Just a nightmare.

I look around me. It's still dark.

Aaron. Aaron. Aaron.

I remember the paper he held as I quickly dug it out of my pocket.

I unfolded it and started reading. I gasped.

'Dear Amelia,

I love you, my baby bubble. If this isn't enough to tell you how much I really care, I don't what is.

Amelia you're my everything. You're my only thing. Amelia if you still believe in me, you'll see me the way I really am.

Becca threw herself at me and you know it. I'm sorry you had to witness a this mess. You know Amelia that I'll always chose you over anything. In a heartbeat I'll keep choosing you over and over again, love.

It has always been you, Amelia. Find me in your heart, I won't let you down.

Amelia, you're hurting me by ever thinking that it would be me who would break you like this!

Amelia, plea'

That's it. The letter is over. That was when he collapsed on the floor.

I wipe away my tears and look at the paper now drenched in them. I fold the paper and shove it back in my pocket.

I need to see him.

I remove the covers and leap out of bed. I look down finding myself wearing a long-sleeved white cotton pyjama.

I try to calm down my breathing as I looked around. There were three other beds in the room.

I quickly look at their occupants who were all fast asleep and none of whom was Aaron.

I stealthily make my way to the door where I stop and hesitate.

Do I really want to do this?

Yes! I really want to see him. My heart longs for him.

I gulp and slowly open the door. I step out and notice the guards were also fast asleep.

No wonder why Aaron was able to escape last time.

I look around quickly finding a row of rooms which all had glass doors. I look through each.

Empty.
Empty.
Empty.
Empty.
Girl.
Girl.
Girl.
Blonde boy.
Girl.
Bearded boy.
Girl.
Empty.
Brown-haired boy.
Girl. Wait -wait.

I return to the brown-haired boy. I look around the room for other indications. Here they were!

The shoes with worn shoelaces. I grin and slowly open the door.

I step in and here he was. Lying lifelessly on the bed with all them beeping machines surrounding him, was Aaron.

I approach him slowly as I gingerly sat on the chair next to his bed.

I look at his pale face, dried dark red lips, long dark eyelashes and his brown hair on his forehead.

I almost squel in awe at his beautiful, angelic face.

I see you now, Aaron.

I glance at his left hand which had a tube plastered to it. He even had some stitches. What happened to you, baby?

I frown feeling my heart crumple.

I love you, baby.

I sniffle as I place my hand on his. I cry as I remove the hair from his forehead by my other hand.

Be safe, babyboy.

I place my head on his hand as I sigh.

"I love you Aaron. Be safe, for me love," I keep whispering and before I knew it, my heart calmed down and my eyed closed.

I found peace. I slept.

No nightmares.

-------------------------

I wake up on the sound of shifting the bed next to me.

Aaron.

I gasp as I sit up quickly. He kept shifting as I got up and headed to the door when I got hit in my face by it.

I groaned as I looked up to see a short, curly haired girl in a jumpsuit.

Oh come on!

"Mmmmmm... Is it Aaron's room?" she said in a petite girlish voice and I felt dizzy again.

You gotta be kidding me, Aaron.

I look at her to find her already staring at me.
"You must be Amelia! A red-head, greenish brown eyes and short! You're his little bubble!" she said grinning in recognition.

"Er-yes," I said still not knowing how this stranger knows about me.

"Well, it's nice to meet you! This is Simone!" she put out her hands for a shake which I took reluctantly. "So tell me, how is he doing?"

"I actually-uh- just came! I hope he's good though," I say shrugging still eying the Simone girl curiously.

"So tell me, how are you holding up?" she asked suddenly.

"I-uh- yeah, everything's just fine!" I say and she nods.

"Have you talked to Becca?" she asked and I frown. A stranger was currently questioning me about my personal life.

"How did you know about this?" I ask uneasily and she simply laughs.

"Oh, Aaron stumbled on me yesterday. He decided he wanted to talk with someone, so he talked with me," she said shrugging. "But you know something, Amelia, you're so lucky to have him tied around your finger. That guy over there," she says pointing at Aaron's bed, "loves you so much, you know what's I'm saying? He loves you and will always love you. Don't ever give up on him. He got a white, pure heart," she said proudly as speaking of her son.

"Er-"

"You don't need to say anything, but without anyone telling you this, I know that deep down you believe in him. Becca is a mistake. A big mistake, I must say, but not bigger that your love to him, isn't it?! Anyway, breakfast is about to start and I have to go," she waves and turns to leaves.

I look at Aaron longingly as I feel tears coming. I approach him again, look at his angelic face and give him a peck on his lips.

I turn to leave and quickly return to where I was yesterday.

As I open the door I hear Dean say something to a guard which sounded like, "Do you speak English? No! Where she is, not where he is? I am asking about a girl," he said pointing exaggeratingly at my bed. The other short man infront of him pointed at the guy in the other bed. "HE IS A BOY!" he exploded and then glanced at the door. "Oh here she is! Thank you so much!"

Dean left the gaping man to march to me.
"Where have you been?!" he asks irritated. "Didn't I tell you not to leave? Didn't I tell you you needed rest? Didn't I tell you needed to sleep?" Dean said rolling his green eyes.

"Whatever Ryan!"

"You called me by my first-first name! Is that an insult?" he said placing his hands on his hips.

"How can your name be an insult?!"

"I don't know! You tell me!" he said frowning and I laughed.

"Okay, okay, Ryan Dean, I'm starving, aren't we supposed to head for breakfast?"

"Where do you think yourself at? In a clinic, a doctor will have to check your ass first!" Dean said as he dragged me back to my bed.

"Okay! Let me go!" I say as he threw me on the bed. "Where is Sam? Sam would've been much gentler," I say teasingly as Dean rolled his eyes.

"Get over yourself," Dean said. "Anyway, where were you?"

I sat up on the bed and stared at curious Dean.

"Aaron's."

"YOU SPENT THE WHOLE NIGHT THERE?!" Dean shouted. Uhhhh... ofcourse Dean had to be that extra.

"Well, yeah!" I mutter and he scoots closer.

"So you didn't sleep?!"

"Ofcourse I did!" I said scoffing.

"Okay good. Anyway-- oh here he is," Dean said glancing at the door through which a bald, dark doctor in a white coat entered.

He glanced at me and smiled tightly.
"Amelia. How are you feeling, today?"

"Rebellious," Dean said raising his eyebrows and I glared at him.

"Better, much better!" I tell him and he smiles.

"Can she leave today, Dr.Norbert?" Dean said from next to me.

"Yeah sure! As long as she eats and keeps herself hydrated, then yeah sure! I'll just give you a quick check up, then you're allowed to leave," he said smiling.

I look at Dean and shrug.

"Okay, check her up!" Dean exclaimed  as I layed down on my bed.

Here we go.

And I was free to go.

I headed to the foodcourt with Dean by my side.

As soon as I entered the court, Xavier came running to me.
"Amelia," he breathed. "Ho-how have you been?" he panted.

"Great! Thank you Xav!" I tell him and he smiles showing his pointy canines.

"Not a problem! How's- er- Aaron?" he asked distractedly.

"Aaron?" I ask surprised. "He's breathing," I shrug. "He's in a coma."

Xavier nods and smiles.
"I hope he gets better," he said with great difficulty and I smiled. "Anyway, it was nice talking to you after so long annnd I have to go!"

He walked away after punching Dean slightly in his arm.

"Ughhh. This guy is so into you!" Dean whispered and I glared at him. "Okay, fine, calm your springy ass."

"Where is Sam?" I ask ignoring his comment.

"Sleeping," Dean said not missing a beat.

"Sleeping?"

"Ummm, yeah? You're the one who kept us awake till like 3 in the morning?" Dean said and I laughed.

"Fine. Then why did you come? Oh my God, Dean! You care about me!"

Dean rolled his eyes.
"Oh get over yourself! I slept after lunch yesterday, so I was awake," Dean said looking at a point behind me.

"You're too proud just to say you care?" I ask teasingly and he flashes me his middle finger.

I laugh as we stood in the line. Finally we order our food and return to our seats.

I start digging in my sandwish when I felt someone poke me from my back.

I quickly turn around to face a nervous looking Becca.

I feel the blood boil in my vessels and was about to lunge at her when Dean grabs my arm.

"Easy," he whispers before letting me go.

I scoff and stand up.
"Amelia?" she said in a sweet voice.

"Becca."

"I wanted to talk to you about what happened please-"

"Why should I hear a traitor out?" I say heatedly clenching my fists.

"Because you love him. Aaron," she said gulping.

"I don't want to hear this s***!" I turn to sit when she holds my arm.

"Please, Amelia! He doesn't even like me! Probably never will no matter what I do!"

"Probably?" I sneer and she immediately corrects herself.

"Never. Never. He told me that when he first fainted and I went to visit. He even shouted it in my face that it'll always be you, Amelia, whom he'll love," she said with tears in her eyes.
"But I was selfish. I knew that you are his source of happiness, but my desires were too strong and stupid! I forced myself on him. When he ran into me yesterday, he looked so lost! My heart broke for him. I'm so so sorry Amelia! I love him so much and I know if I truly did love him, I'll give him what he wants. You," she said softly as the tears rolled down her cheeks. "I'm so so sorry."

She then started crying openly and hiccoughing.

I looked at her in disgust, but a part of me felt her pain.

"It's okay, Becca. What happened happened. I forgive you."

"I don't want you to forgive me!" she said miserably, "I want you to forgive him!" she bursted as she turned to leave, blowing her nose in a tissue.

I watch her back feeling my chest tighten as I lost my food appetite.
I looked down finding Dean staring at Becca's back with a lost look on his face.

I sigh and sit next to him. Dean finally looks at me with his lips parted. I pick up my sandwish reluctantly and bring it to my lips.

I felt the pain throbbing in my heart as tears came down gracefully. I bit on the sandwish, sniffing as I stifled a whimper by a big sandwish bite.

I hear a loud, long sigh from next to me, I turn my head seeing a concerned look on Dean's face.
"Let's leave," Dean said as I ate the last bit of my sandwish.

I stood up and walked blindly out of the food court as I felt Dean close behind me.

I step into an empty hall and pace absentmindedly.
"Amelia. Please calm down," I hear Dean say and as if this was my last straw. I explode.

"DON'T TELL ME TO CALM DOWN!" I say angrily.

I don't even know why I shouted at him.

"Damn chica-"

"I DON'T KNOW WHO TO BELIEVE ANYMORE! I'M SO SO LOST, DEAN! DON'T TELL ME TO CALM DOWN!"

"Believe your-"

"I CAN'T BELIEVE THIS! AM I SUPPOSED TO FORGIVE HIM? GO BACK LIKE NOTHING HAPPENED? IT'S JUST SO SO COMPLICATED!"

Dean looked at me astonished.
"Okay, calm down-" Dean said then winced immediately.

"AGAINN!!" I spat angrily as I felt a headache dig it's fangs into my feeble brain.

Dean approached me slowly.
"Amelia?" he breathed as I panted. "It's okay. All you gotta do is believe your heart! I know this might sound cliche, but it's true. Especially in situations like that. You love him! That's the answer to all your questions! Oh god why am I talking like a girl? Irrelevant-"

"But it's too much! I don't know what to do!"

"You gotta calm-" Dean stopped quickly, "You gotta relax, okay? And you gotta wait to see how things turn up."

"For how long, Dean?! I'm so done with this Dean. I just am so so tired," I say feeling my vision blurry with tears.

Dean looked at me with concern as he sighed miserably.
He then sighed and wrapped his arms around me.

I cried.

--------------------

I head to room 3. I have to see Dr.Cherry and explain to her the situation we got stuck in.

I open the door and step in as Dr.Cherry stood waiting for me.

"Good morning doctor!" I mutter smiling at her.

I decided after all to follow Dean's advice. I gotta wait and make it worth the while.

I guess sometimes all you got to do is wait.

"Hello Amelia," she said looking at me expectingly.

"Umm...Aaron-"

"I know," she said smirking. "He's sleeping."

"He's not just sleeping," I hotly. "He's in a comma."

"Same concept," she said carelessly.

Well, we're back to the b****y attitude.

I take a deep breath and look at her.
"What is supposed to happen, anyway?"

"Practise your part," she said simply smiling.

"Uh okay? When do I start?"

"Since tomorrow is a Friday, a day off, you'll have to practice now. So go ahead turn on the music and start dancing while I go get me a cup if cappuccino. Go ahead," she said as she exited and I looked after her in shock.

Well, I hoped her attitude to change after what we shared. I guess, after all, we're just patients to her. No more. No less.

I sigh and start dancing.

--------------------

And finally, it's dinner.

"Say what?" Sam said amused.

"Yeah, I had to practice without Aaron. And will probably keep practicing until he gets better," I say sighing.

"Well what did you expect out of her?" Syd said rolling her eyes.

Thinking of her son's story and then of how she just spoke about Aaron like he was just a patient, I really don't know.

"Honestly? I don't know what to expect out of her anymore," I say sighing eating a french fry.

"You don't know? You don't know?" Dean said scoffing.

"Well that sucks," Syd says laughing. Yup, she was sitting next to me instead of Aaron.

I shrug and finish my apple juice.

"Well? Can't you bunk?" Dean said coolily.

I scoff.

"Oh never mind him," Sam said rolling his eyes as Syd nodded.

Dean then gets up, clears his throat and looks at us.
"Since tomorrow is Friday, you know, I've been thinking, how about we watch a romance movie? I mean ya know, it doesn't have to be barbie or avengers," Dean said shrugging.

"I like the idea," Syd said smirking.

"Yup, I dig it," Sam said grinning at Cecilia who was engrossed with her pancakes.

"Movie suggestions, please!" Dean said rolling his eyes at his brother.

"The Notebook!" Syd blurted.

"No. No. That s*** is old," Dean said.

"How about The Vow?" I say and they shake their heads.

"Ughhh. I've watched it before," Syd said.

"Okay, how about-" Dean said looking up, but then he immediately stopped mid-sentence as he eyed a short-haired girl in a black under knee dress. All our eyes snapped in her direction.

She then turned to sit in her seat exposing her beautiful face. Wide hazel eyed and small blue-ish lips.

She accidentally looked at us and smiled sweetly blushing as we all grinned foolishly at her.

She was new. I've never seen this girl before.

I felt Dean walk away from behind me as he approached the girl. Syd and I gasped when she actually stood up to talk to him.

We all saw him blushing as he shook her right hand instead of her extended left hand. Sam was beaming at his little brother. And I could've sworn that a tear of pride came rolling down Sam's cheek.

I smile at Dean who was laughing openly with her as she accidentally knocked her cup of milk on the table. He immediately took some orange-stained tissues from his jacket and started drying up the milk.

Well, I guess he hasn't changed the tissues he first used to dry my hair from the orange juice he spilled over me.

He then pointed at us and we immediately looked away.

Shhh.. we don't want to look like creeps.

He then left her eating after giving away his byes and then returned to us.

"Well? That went well, brother, didn't it? I can't believe you're actually healing?!" Sam said proudly as he looked at his brother with teary eyes.

Dean smiled a small smile as he sighed and looked back at her again.
"She's beautiful," he breathed dreamily as I smiled up at him.

"What's her name?" Syd said excitedly from next to me.

"Faith," Dean said as he glanced at her. "I wasn't going to repeat my mistake. And as well known, once bitten-"

"Twice shy," I continued for him and grinned. I know the pain he felt. I know it very well.

This was so heart warming.

"So? You were saying?" Syd intervened.

Dean shook his head and looked at us.
"I was saying how about we watched The Fault in Our Stars?"

"What's that?" Sam and Syd said at the same time.

"Who doesn't know that movie?" I say raising my eyebrows.

"It's a great movie and I'm up to it!" Dean cottoned in and we all nodded.

The Fault in Our Stars it will be then, but before that I got to practice my dance and probably visit a friend of mine whom I really, really miss.

-----------------

"You did well," Dr.Cherry said smirking. "You can leave early."

I looked at her surprised as she winked and nodded towards the door.

That woman is confusing my emotions towards her. UGHHH.

I leave and start running down the aisles.

I head immediately to the clinic and walk around until I found his room.

I was about to open the door when I heard a low whistle from behind me. I started.

"Ola chica. Not allowed," a stout man said playing with some keys in his hands.

"I-uh- came to visit a friend," I said pointing at the door behind me.

"Not allowed," he said and I frowned.

"Why not?" I ask indifferently.

"Not allowed, mam," he repeated leaning on the wall as he checked me out.

"What-"

"Want to visit, eh?" he said in an accent winking and I frowned more. "Come to me room," he said chewing a gum as he pointed to a wooden door in the corner.

I gasped with disgust.
"No visit then," he said unbuttoning a few buttons of his shirt showing off some chest hair.

I almost vomitted.

"We're in a respectable hospital! How dare you?! How dare you?!" I say backing away from him.

"Chika, not to be scared," he said as he pulled back his hair and I looked at a man who would be my dad's age!

"Haven't you got kids?! A family?!" I say pathetically, but he takes steps towards me.

I hold onto the door handle leading to Aaron's room.

"If you touch me I'm going to scream!" I say threateningly.

"You see, you won't. I took care of that."

"What-" I then felt something hard contact the back of my head as I collapsed from the acute pain. "AAAAGRRHHH!" I utter a small scream as I hit the ground.

Everything that followed occurred in a blur.

I heard the door above me squeak open. The man who was crouching next to me getting hit hard as he collapsed next me.

But I was very sure that the last things I saw were the pale, pale blue eyes of someone so far and his dark, dark pink lips as he spoke.

"Amelia, are you okay? Are you okay?"

I felt his voice echo in my mind as I looked at his face one last time before darkness took over.

I collapsed in his arms.
Aaron's arms.

"Come on princess, don't tell me we will be spending every morning in this clinic."

I slowly open my eyes and stare into Dean's face which was very blurry.

I tried lifting my head a bit, but immediately drop back on the pillow feeling a strong throbbing there. I close my eyes.

"How are you feeling?" A voice said which I recognized as Syd's.

"Grand," I lie.

"I can definitely see that from your face, heh," Dean exclaimed. "I for a fleeting moment thought that finally I would get to spend a drama-less Friday."

I smile weakily as I bring my hand to me forehead as if to seize the headache that suddenly attacked.

"Oh, the doctor said you should take that medicine when you wake up," another voice said which I was sure was Sam's.

I open my eyes as Sam extended his hand with two pills. I recognized the purple-orange pill. The other one was a plain white tablet.

I gingerly sit up and take a water cup from my left from Syd.
"Thank you," I murmur as I take them in one go.

I sigh as I lay back on the bed.
"How-how's Aaron?" I say immediately remembering what happened yesterday.

"Sleeping," Sam said shrugging as I nodded and closed my eyes.

"Come on, princess! It couldn't have been that hard! You look like you're sitting on your death bed! What did that guy hit you with anyway?" Dean said smirking as I muttered 'Ass' under my breath.

"I don't know," I say slowly. "What's wrong with me anyway?"

"Oh, just a little bit of drama," Dean said smiling.

"Dean! Don't be an ass about it!" Syd intervened annoyedly. "You just had eighteen stitches."

"Just?" I mutter gasping.

"Well yeah! Ever wondered why I asked you about what he hit you with?" Dean said rolling his eyes.

"For sure something sharp," Sam said.

"No s***, Sherlock Holmes, how didn't I think of that?!" Dean said sarcastically and Sam glared at him.

"I guess it's some wood or something, but let me tell you something Am. I am utterly surprised. I can't believe there are that kind of people in here! In a specialized hospital!" Syd said gasping.

I nod sighing.
"Bad people are every where," I say slowly and she nods in agreement.
"I wanna go!" I moan and Dean tsks.

"I will ask the doctor," Sam says and immediately jolts up to the door.

I sigh as I watch the door close.

"Why do you wanna go?" Dean said disgusted. "I would rather join your little slumber party."

"Butta I don wanna miss a Friday!" I say my voice muffled as I clutched a pillow over my face.

"Dr.Norbert!" I hear Dean getting up from next me and I remove the pillow immediately.

I look curiously at Dr.Norbert.

"Good morning, Amelia! How are you holding up today?" he said scratching his chin with a pen he had.

I pulled two thumbs up and smiled, ignoring the headache that came in.

"Well I'm going to put pressure on certain parts of your head and you should tell me where you feel some pain. Okay?" he said sitting at the edge of my bed.

He then kept pressing on the side of my head, then towards the back where I winced slightly.

I mean come on doctor! I just had 18 stitched! If you place pressure on the fricking wound I'll wince! Duh.

He then patted my hair.
"You're a little determined cutie," Dr.Norbert said and I smiled. "Okay, you can go, but please be careful. I don't want you again in my clinic for atleast a week!"

Dean, Sam and Syd laughed and I grinned.
The doctor then turned to leave.

"Well? Help me up?" I said looking at Dean who sighed and got up extending a hand. I take it and he pulls me up.

I feel a headache course in which I ignore.
"What time is it?" I ask and Sam immediately glances at his watch.

"11:30. We're half way through breakfast," Sam said smiling.

"Okay let's not miss the second half, yeah?" Dean said and I nodded.

Sam and Syd lead the way as Dean wrapped his arm around my shoulders.

"Dean?"

"What?" he snapped.

"Can I see Aaron? Please? Please?"

"Okay I get it! You guys are sloppily cute, but go easy on him. He needs to sleep," Dean said and I glared at him. "Well, you know what I'm saying, it all returns to you. I mean after all it's yourself to blame if you disturb his sleep."

"I'm not going to even wake him up!" I protest and he raised his eyebrows.

"Yeah right," he said sarcastically.

"I won't," I say unwaveringly and he nods slowly.

"Whatever you do princess, you better be back before breakfast is over," Dean said removing his arm as we stood in the empty hall infront of my room. Sam and Syd were so engrossed in a conversation (more of an argument), they didn't notice we stopped.

"Er-sure!"

Dean turns to leave, but I call him.
"What do you want now?"

"Faith. I think she suits you well. Get her wrapped around your finger. You don't want to get heartbroken again, yeah?"

Dean's lips curl into a small smile as he puts two thumbs up and then turns to run in the opposite direction.

I sigh and walk towards the room I now know as Aaron's. I look through the glass door and here he was again.

I open the door slowly and walk to his bed. I sit on the chair next to his bed and watch him closely.

I watch the stirring behind his eyelids and the slow rythmic movements of his chest.

"Okay Aaron. I guess you're doing just fine. I came here to check on you," I whisper slowly. "I also came to thank you for helping me out yesterday. Yea-no," I look at him and sigh. "Okay Aaron, I miss you so so much," I say smiling to myself. "Well, I guess that's irrelevant. Anyway, I was saying, it's not the same here without you," I feel more tears come. "Only makes me imagine how terrible it would feel if something bad happens to you, my love. So please take your time to heal."

I sniff and remove his hair from his forehead. I then plant a kiss there.

"You're special to me. So so special. And don't worry, I believe you," I say looking at his soft red lips. "I love you, Aaron. Okay? So so much. I trust you and believe in you. I just want you to get better for me. Okay? I'm just happy you got out of the coma. Aaron, you're beautiful and I want you back healthy. Please," I say taking his left hand in my hands which I bring to my heart.

I stay like that for a while, until I feel a slight movement between my hands.

I gasp as I quickly return his hand back next to his body.

I stare at him readying myself to jump in case something happened.

He stirred a bit in his sleep, before lying still again. I relax and sit back in my chair.

I close my eyes and clutch my head in my hands.

"Amelia?" I hear a whisper and I immediately open my eyes and stare at a wild looking Aaron.

I just stare at him feeling my heart race a million miles.

He removes the covers off his body showing his plain white shirt. I get up immediately and he follows suit.

He steps towards me and I almost burst into tears that I can see him again. I can see his striking pale blue eyes. I can see his pale skin with a little bit of redness on his cheeks.

His lips part as my eyes fill with more tears yet. He then pulls back his hair and immediately wraps his arms around me.

"Oh god, Amelia! Oh god, Amelia," he kept whispering in my ears as I clutched the back of his shirt tightly and cried.

He then pulled back and held me away arm-length.

"Are you okay? How are you?" he asked all at once and I couldn't do anything but stare at him. At the creases on his forehead as he frowned to ask me. At his eyes that twinkled beautifully under the room's bright light.  At his messy hair.

He shakes me and searches my eyes.
"Are you okay?"

I feel the tears rolling down my cheeks as I can't believe I'm looking at a healthy Aaron.

I can't believe I'm standing infront of Aaron who was lying limp in my arms a few days ago. I thought he was dead!

I look at him feeling my heart tear out of my body. I want him so so much.
I've never desired him that much.

I look at him my heart throbbing.

I push Aaron's hands away as I quickly approach him.

'Amelia please answer-"

But I press my lips to his as I sliced my fingers through his hair.

He was first taken a back, but then he recovers and deepens the kiss. I feel like my heart was going to fly out of chest as he kissed my neck to my collarbone. I close my eyes and crane my neck backwards.

I can feel euphoria seep in as I feel Aaron lift me up and pin me against a wall.

I break the kiss and pant for a breath. Aaron has already caged me as he looked down panting.

Aaron tries to say something, but I can't register it as I reach for him again, but he moves away.
"Room-door-glass. See-through," Aaron panted and I pulled away glancing at the door.

Aaron took a few steps backward as I stare at his swollen lips and messier hair.

He's more delicious this way.

I nod in agreement looking down as the realization of what I did seeped in.

I just kissed him.
I just kissed him.
I just kissed him.

I look up and find Aaron sitting on his bed his head clutched in his hand. I feel my heart jump.

"Aaron? Are you okay?" I ask and Aaron immediately looks up.

"Whatever you did was haunting, Amelia. You totally unnerved me," he said panting biting down on his lower lip before releasing it again.

I look down embarrassed.

"Okay, I -uh- I'd rather go," I say nervously, but Aaron gets up.

Aaron knows how to turn s*** awkward.

"No!" he says looking at me. "I can't believe I just had you."

"I promised Dean to return before breakfast is over," I say quickly.

"But I want to talk to you!" Aaron says immediately.

"What about?" I say smiling a small smile.

"About what happened."

"What about it?" I say ignoring the slight pang in my heart.

"Amelia, please, I -uh- wrote a letter, but I don't know where it went!" he said irritatedly looking through his pockets.

"I had it."

"You did?!" he said looking at me surprised.

I nodded and he approached me.

"I just wanted to tell you I'm very, very sorry Amelia. I-"

"I understand what happened-"

"No you don't. I'll tell you-"

"Becca told me."

"She WHAT?!"

"Yes, she did. She told me how she threw herself on you. How she used you when you were broken. She told me everything," I say fighting the urge to cry.

He drapes his arms around me.

"I have to go, Aaron. You sleep tight," I murmur and he lifts my chin up. He plants a kiss on my forehead.

"Thanks for understanding," he whispered smiling slightly.

I pull away and head to the door. I look back one last time.

"Remember, I love you," he whispered as his eyes fluttered.

I smiled and closed the door behind me.

"Amelia? Amelia? Earth to Amelia!" Xavier snapped his fingers infront of my face and I shook my head.

I've been thinking non-stop of what happened a few hours ago and get to always end up smiling foolishly.

"What?" I look around finding everybody crying with tissues up their noses.

Oh yeah, I forgot to tell you that we were currently watching The Fault in Our Stars. So I want you to imagine all the couples cuddling together as they watched.

Sam and Cecilia were both lying on a hammock, while Syd and Josie were holding hands in a corner. Dean and Faith were lying down on the floor next to each other. Dean was lying on a big fluffy green pillow with his hands behind his head, while she was lying on a big yellow one.

I looked closer at Faith and noticed the several scars she had all over her arms and neck which she covered with a scarf. Dean was currently comforting a sniffing Faith.

Many other couples were sprawled across the room, while even several more single losers like me were scattered on the sofas and hammocks.

I was currently sitting next to Xavier who decided to sit next to me on the floor, but I was miles away.

I was with Aaron.

"You've been grinning stupidly for the past hour when everyone was literally crying their eyeballs out. What's up?" Xavier says slowly and I draw in a deep breath.

What am I supposed to tell him?

"Nothing really. It's-uh-stupid," I return my focus back to the projector screen as I watch Hazel reading out her eulogy infront of a teary Augustus.

It's a beautiful movie.

"You can always tell me," Xavier suggested.

"Yeah I can. If there was anything really. How's your brother?"

"My brother," he said pausing and pursing his lips. "I haven't heard from him ever since his last war yesterday. But I'm sure he's fine! He always does that. No matter how many times I insist it isn't funny," Xavier shrugs and I nod.

"Yeah, I hope he's fine."

"How's Aaron?" he asks and I frown slightly as my heart jumps at his name.

It's quiet unusual for him to ask about Aaron. I mean they're supposed to be enemies, yeah?

"Out of coma. Just sleeping," I say slowly.

"What's it with sleeping and him? Isn't it wierd that someone stays at the clinic just to sleep?" he questions.

Although his question vexed me a bit, I decided to reply, "Unless you don't really know how to sleep."

Xavier looked intently in my eyes, his gaze too intense to look away.
"Staring is rude!" I try saying, but he scoffs.

"Is it?" Xavier mutters and I looked at him uneasily.

"Yes!"

Okay Xavier, stop with the flirting.

"Why though? Convince me," Xavier said and I frowned. "Let me guess. I make you nervous, right?"

"I really hope you're joking right now!" I say smiling weakily.

"Don't block me away," he whispered with a husky voice and I stared at him.

What the hell?

"Xav, what are-"

"You know exactly what I'm talking about," Xavier said raising his eyebrows.

My smile falters as I look at how deep his jet black eyes were. I'm not liking this.

"I have to go," I say immediately as I get up. Xavier eyes me curiously before I rush to the washroom which was in the corner at the very back of the room.

I open the door to the washroom where there were several stalls and sinks with only one huge mirror above them.

I look at my reflection. What the f*** is happening? How dare Xavier do that?! I thought he gave up on me! I thought I told him I wasn't available. I thought I told him that he was like my older brother!

I screw open the tap and sprinkle some water onto my face. I feel my head until I touch the white patch at the back of my head which I cover with my hair.

I dry my face and get outside only to slam into Xavier.

Oh no.

"What are you doing here?" I ask him laughing nervously.

"I am here to tell you that you don't need to hide anymore! You can tell me how you feel towards me!" Xavier exclaims as he closes on me and corners me.

"I told you Xav what you are to me! An older brother!" I say frantically, but he smiles.

"I know, I know you said that, but there's more to it! Much more don't you think?" he said panting.

"Xav please don't ruin what we have-"

"You mean what we will have, yeah?" Xavier's voice shakes with so much hope, it breaks my heart.

"There will be nothing, Xavier. Nothing," I say as I noticed the twinkle in his eyes die a bit. "It's Aaron. It will always be Aaron," I mutter forcedly as the twinkle in his eyes died completely.

"It's him," he said in realization. He then laughs a bit as I notice the vein on his temple pop and his fists clunch.

"Xav, please-"

"DON'T-TELL-ME-PLEASE!" he said slamming a fist to the wall next to my head at every word. "You used me! You played my emotions!"

"I didn't!" I say feeling outraged at his accusation. "How dare you-"

"You gave me false hope!" he said ferociously and I flinched.

"I told you you were my older brother!" I say shaking in anger.

"You told me that. Told me!" he sneered and I glared at him. "But I know, I mean so much more to you!"

"No! You don't know nothing at-" but he had pressed his lips onto mine furiously.

I tried screaming, but they were  muffled, under his intensity. I tried pushing him off me, every inch me screaming 'EW HELL NO'. I try to kick him, but to no avail.

Who to save me now?

I reached for his hair as I tried pulling it. I want him off of me. I pulled his hair more, until he gasped and moved away. I then slapped him strongly and loudly.

"You got what you wanted?" I say with tears in my eyes. "NOW MOVE AWAY!" I shout at him as his expression changed from craze to deep remorse. "MOVE!" I push away his arms and exit the activity room, not even thinking twice.

He's disgusting.

I walk and walk and find myself heading to the clinic again. I felt a mild headache, which I ignored as I moved forward to where I wanted to be most.

I looked through the glass door to find sitting right infront of Aaron a blond doctor in scrubs. They seemed to be on deep conversation.

Come on.
Come on.

I could see Aaron laughing throwing back his head as his hair followed. The doctor just smiled at him.

Finally the doctor was picking up his things and he then patted Aaron's hair.

I then stepped aside as the doctor opened the door and left giving me a small smile which I return.

I immediately step in opening the door as Aaron was about to lay on the bed.

I look at his surprised face expression.
"Amelia? What-"

"Aaron something very bad happened," I start and Aaron gets up looking at me with concern.

"Something bad happened? What-"

"Something as bad as she kissed me," a voice says from behind me.

I forgot to close the door. F***!

"Xavier?" Aaron muttered surprised. He then looked down at me.

"HE'S A LIAR!" I turn to a smirking Xavier. "HOW DARE YOU?! HOW DARE YOU SHOW YOUR FACE AFTER WHAT'VE YOU DONE?" I shout at him outraged that he lied.

"Oh, I wouldn't say what I've done. I'd say what we've shared. You know your moans gave away something el-"

I approach him and legit place my hand on his throat and slam him to the wall. I was never never that angry before.

"I WILL KILL YOU! I TRUSTED YOU! I TRUSTED YOU ON MYSELF!"

"But could you trust yourself on me?" Xavier said forcedly as he tried to free himself.

"Amelia!" I hear Aaron calling me and I turn my head distractedly. Xavier uses this to break free from my grip.

I look at red-faced Aaron and then turn to purple faced Xavier.

"Aaron! I swear he's a liar! He's just trying to break us apart! I swear! Oh my god! Oh my god!" I pant frantically as I clutch my head in disbelief. "Xavier how dare you?! Oh my god!" I glance at the glistening piece of foil in my finger.

I then feel a huge headache course in as I shut my eyes trying to focus on getting rid of it.

I glance at the bed and I could swear I could see the flicker of something.

Someone.

I take huge air gulps. I feel so so shocked. I'm so so shocked.

I keep looking from Aaron to Xavier who were both watching me worriedly.

I close my eyes as I keep turning.
"Oh my god, you won't believe me! Oh my god, you won't believe me!" I pant looking at Aaron and then glanced at the bed to find Adam sitting peacefully watching me.

I keep taking turns to look at the three of them. I feel throbbing against my eardrums. I feel a great pressure against my eyeballs. I feel my hands go numb. I turn and turn.

I feel like I was drowning in an ocean of memories and emotions. I'm choking and choking. I keep turning and turning.

I can't stand the pressure.
I can't stand the pressure.
I can't stand the pressure.
I can't stand the pressure.

I finally collapse on my knees, look at Adam and scream like I've never done before.
"NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO-ARRRRRGGGGGGGGHHHH!"

I close my eyes and bring my hands to my ears. I felt so numb, like the scream took what's left of my energy away.

I feel someone crouch next to me. I keep my eyes closed and my hands to my ears as I cry. I feel the person holding me against his chest.

I want to break free, but I can't.

I'm so so tired.

Now that I think about it. The blame isn't only on mom, but is also on Adam.

If only. If only, if only my brain didn't give a boyfriend. Why didn't it give me a best friend? Or a neighbor? Or anything else?!

I feel abandoned. No one understands how this feels! To be trapped in the love of a shadow of your pain. To be trapped in nothingness.

I pant as the person pats my hair and I dare not. I dare not open my eyes. I don't want to see him again.

Never. Ever!

I feel my breathing calm as my hands slowly slide down my ears to lay limp on my sides.

What have you done to me Adam?

------------------

I open my eyes feeling the plump covers I've been covered with. I jolt up immediately to get gently pushed down again.

I look to my left finding Aaron sitting on the chair I used to sit on when he was the one sleeping.

"Shhhhh," he murmured. "It's okay. You never told me you had 18 stitches."

I look at his standing hair and I observe him.

"I have to leave!" I say getting up and this time he doesn't stop me.

"You owe me an explanation," I hear him say behind me as my hand slides down the door knob.

I look at him. He didn't show any emotion on his face, which wasn't good news.

"What happened? Why did you start screaming like a crazy woman out of the blue?"

"I saw him," I say slowly.

"Him who- oh! Oh," he says looking at me suspiciously. "What about that Xavier bullshit?!"

"He lied," I said simply as I sat infront of him on the bed. "He kept flirting with me. He was the one who kissed me. I fought him back! He came here and told you what he would've liked to happen. But I swear none of it happened! I can't because I love you!  I even told him he was like an older brother. No more. I even told him that my loyalty lies with you, Aaron!" I say quickly as my heart rate picks up.

Aaron nodded slowly, got up and paced around the room. I looked at him slightly scared.

"WHY DIDN'T YOU TELL ME THAT THAT SON OF A B**** WAS FLIRTING WITH YOU?!" he said suddenly and I flinched.

"I didn't know it would reach to that!" I say amused.

"OFCOURSE YOU DIDN'T! OFCOURSE! BECAUSE YOU KEEP WEARING THOSE SHORT SKIRTS AND SHIRTS THAT SHOWS OFF ALL YOUR BOOBS! YOU EVEN TALK TO HIM LIKE YOUR LIFE DEPENDS ON IT! OFCOURSE IT WILL REACH THAT!"

I look at him shocked at what he said. I was currently wearing a long sleeved PJ.

"What?!" I spluttered almost laughing at his comment, but he looked so serious.

"I'M GOING TO MUSH HIS EXISTENCE.  YOU EVEN GAVE HIM A NICKNAME! THAT MUST'VE MADE HIM THINK THAT IT WAS OKAY TO KISS YOU AND EVEN F*** YOU!"

I gasp at him frowning.
"We were friends-" I say offended slightly.

"YOU NEVER GAVE ME A NICKNAME! ME! ME! WHO IS SUPPOSEDLY YOUR LOVE AKA FUTURE FIANCÉ AND FUTURE HUSBAND!" he said angrily and I burst out laughing.

Future fiancé and husband?
I'm flattered.

"I. AM. DEAD. SERIOUS."

I looked at him in disbelief feeling my heart throb in my chest.

He looked so red.
"Okay Aaron! I'm so so sorry! My bad. I'll -I'll change the way I wear and make sure I'm don't talk to him at all as a matter of fact. I'll -I'll even give you a nickname!" I say distractedly.

Aaron approaches me quickly.
"You'll give me a nickname?" he said quietly furrowing his eyebrows. "No one ever gave me a nickname."

"Yes," I say smiling.

"Tell me, then!" he said.

"Air. I'll call you Air. Happy?"

Aaron looks away and I swore I could see his lips twitching to smile.

"Satisfied," he mutters and I smile to myself.

Aaron then looks at me serious again.
"Amelia. Don't ever let something reach to that again. Call me whenever! I'm always around."

"Not when I needed you," I smirk and Aaron frowns.

I slap him slightly on his face and chuckle.

Aaron then lunges at me as I lie on the bed giggling. He lays on top of me tickling me as I try fighting him off.
"Stop it Air!" I say breathlessly.

"I like the sound of that!" he then finds my lips and kisses them passionatly.

I break away.
"Glass door, remember?"

Aaron groans and drops next to me. We both lay on the bed staring at the ceiling.

I put my head on his chest, he holds me closer as I wrapped my arm around his waist.

"Sleep tight, Air," I whisper softly in his ear as I peck his cheek.

I breathe.

Aaron kept running his fingers through my hair as he hummed his eyes closed. I however couldn't shut my eyes as I kept thinking of what happened and how fast it happened.

I kept turning it over and over in my mind. What's next?

I took in a deep breath as Aaron stopped playing with my hair and stopped humming.

I glanced at him sideways. His eyes were closed and his mouth open.

He slept.

I don't want to sleep though. I try getting up without disturbing him.

I finally get up, straighten up and smile at him. I pull up the covers and cover him gently.

I then get out of the door after switching off the lights.

I walk towards the activity room which was empty except for an occupied hammock. Yeah right, they must've finished the movie and are probably in the arcade room.

I walk across the room pocketing ten M&ms packets. I'll give nine to Aaron. He loves them. I pat my full pockets as I open the door to the arcade room.

I squint trying to recognize anyone of my friends. I head to The Fooler, but again there isn't a soul there.

I sigh checking the ping-pong tables and the bowling area.

Not there.

Okay, the downside of this place is you can't communicate with anyone. I mean I won't find anyone of them unless one of them shows up.

I sigh and exit the room.

Okay, if they aren't in the activity room nor the arcade room, they must be in one of their-

I notice someone emerge out of the washroom.

I squint trying to make out who was the guy with the baggy navy blue shirt and black shorts.

He turns around and I gasp in relief.
"Sam!"

I look at him, but he wasn't smiling. He looked pale and shaken.

I frown and head to him quickly.
"Sam?! Are y-you okay?" I ask my heart racing.

"Xavier," Sam utters and then points at the washroom. I feel my heart sink as I stared at him.

"Did he die?!" I ask voicing my worst thoughts.

"No-"

"What happened Sam?! Tell me!" I demand as his eyes gave away a lot of sorrow.

"His brother-" he chokes and my eyes widen in utter fear of what I'm hearing.

"He died?!" I say slapping a hand to my heart.

Sam nodded and I gasped clapping my hands to my mouth.

"How-Where is Xavier?" I manage to utter. Sam points at the washroom through which I barge.

I gasp as I find Xavier standing with his back to me as he kept punching the wall with so much intensity.

I saw Dean hold Syd watching with a  morgue expression on their faces from Xavier's left side as Faith and Josie cried in the opposite corner. Cecilia ran out of the washroom gasping.

I stand in my place frozen. I saw Xavier's knuckles bleed and smudge the wall where he resumed slamming his knuckles against it as he kept gasped continuously.

I keep my hands over my mouth as I watched his destitute condition.

I dare not move as Xavier slows down his punches, turns around slowly, slide down the wall, bring his right knee to his chest and wrap his bleeding arm around it as he rolls back his head and shut his eyes.

I watch him as his tears came down gracefully and splattered on the washroom's floor.

He then kept hitting the back of his head against the wall.

I look at the broken person infront of me and feel my eyes swell with tears.

"I lost him," he muttered through his tears and I removed my hands from my mouth. "The only thing I had left. He's gone. So gone and my heart's is jolly," he said raising his left arm limply. "I've finally lost all those who cared about me. All gone! I finally will turn into the beast I was meant to be. No one cares about me. I have no family. I have severe anger issues. All the ingredients are there! Can't you see?! Can't you see the damage? I am meant to be alone! I don't deserve anyone! I don't deserve anything! I'm just a floating soul that I can't wait to get lost.  I lost my brother. My older brother. The one who used to bully me all the time. He'd pull my hair, take my things, scribble on my books and embarrass me in front of my crushes. I always told him that I hated him. I WAS WRONG! I love him and I miss him. I can't believe he's gone! I just really really hope that this is some sick joke he's playing. I really hope I'll wake up tomorrow to his call. And-and," he sniffed rubbing his nose vigorously.

"-he'll tell me 'Hola little bro! What's life done to you, baby brother? Everything is cherries and sunshine on my side. Woops I guess I just tricked your little dumb-ass again, eh? I love ya little bro, keep fighting for me, yeah? And-and when I'm done imma come and see you! Then we'll play bride and groom. I'll be the bride though, ya know, I'm shorter.' That's what he used to tell me. He used to make me laugh when I never desired it. He helped improve my anger issues. He was my other half. Every morning I'd send him a skull emoji and wait for him to send it back. This meant he was alive. But he never sent it yesterday or today. He left me alone in a world of nothingness. In a great emptiness that pressed itself against my lungs. I can hardly breathe. I'm not breathing.

"I feel so lost. Like I am here, but I'm not. Like half of my soul went along. Like I'll never be happy again. Like depression will be the only thing I recognize. I'll be like a plastic bag, hollow on the inside blown away by the slightest wind. Like I have no origin. Like an emotion-less person. Like a nothing. Oh wait, I forgot nothing is a thing. It's a word. I'm not a thing. I don't want to live," he said the last sentence simply as he slouched against the wall and smirked sadly as tears ran down.

"That pang of pain in my heart, is worse than any pain, any pain, I've ever experienced in my life. It's the pain of the loss of someone so close. So close to the extend you won't consider the possibility that he could ever go away one day. It's like we do everything together. We live together. We die together," he says twirling a hair strand around his finger. "I'm sorry Ashton. I'm so so sorry brother."

I look at him astonished by how deep he sounded. I glance at Syd who was whimpering softly and Dean who looked weary.

I could here the loud sniffing of Cecilia and Faith from my right.

I look back at a closed eyed Xavier.
"What are you guys doing here? Why do you care? Why do you care about me?! So you think I'm worth this? And you Amelia?" he turned to me as his black eyed pored holes through me. "I thought I'd never see you again. And to be quiet honest I never wanted to," he said, but a look into his eyes said something else. He looked so wounded and deserted.

I shake my head as I pursed my lips.
"So that's what you'll do?" I blurt, my voice high as Xavier's head snapped up in my direction as he looked surprised. "You'll drive people away from you? Then let me tell you you're a coward. "

Xavier frowned as the rest of the people in the washroom gasped.
"Did you really think that by keeping people you care about away, you won't be experiencing heartbreak?"

Xavier didn't answer, but a fresh supply of tears came down.

"You're wrong Xavier! Because it's not the loss of people that turns you into a beast! It's the giving up on those you care about! You're the one who gives yourself the permission to evolve into a monster. Where there is love and care around you, there will be no chance of turning into a monster you want to turn to. Because you think that it'll be easier this way. You'll have no one to care about. No one to sacrifice for. No one to live for. Just an emotion-less piece of s***. Oh a plastic bag is a fricking compliment.

"You think that'll be easy? Then you'd better die, Xavier. No one wants to see flying piece of s***. No one, Xavier. You want to go ahead, let people hate you and isolate yourself from people's problems. People you care about. Then go ahead,  but that will be the death of you, because after that, it'll be too late to redeem anyone's mercy.

"Everyone loses people everyday! People closest to their hearts. Not necessarily by death. Some people diverge into the dark side of this world. They deal with the wrong type of people. Oh and that's worse. Because you can see him in front of your eyes, but you can do nothing about it, except for watching him getting deeper into deep s***. And before you know it he's gone for good. Who you are and who you want to be depends on how you want to deal with this. And trust me there are only two ways. Wanna cower and escape from your problem? Go ahead. Oh and there is no traffic that way.  Wanna deal with the s*** thrown at your face like a man? Go ahead! It all returns to you. And by the way, Xavier, I'm sorry for your loss."

I immediately turn to leave and exit the washroom feeling my heart beat ferociously.

What did I just say?

------------------

I find myself heading to my dorm. I get in, empty my pockets from the M&ms and plop on my bed.

I glance at the clock infront of me. It's already 11 pm.

I stare ahead of me and start wondering.

How do people simply give up?

I've met so many people and read so many books. How could they just give up on everything they did? Give up on everyone they loved? Give up on the good memories they lived? How could they?

After all that time spent? After all that effort they spent and hearts they've loved?

Did they become desperate to that extent? To the extent that they can give up on themselves? They just don't want to live anymore? That scared they are, to experience another heartbreak or trauma or accident?

And who'll get affected? Who'll get the most devastated? The person who gives up or the people and life he has given up on?

For all I know, once a person had given up, he feels nothing. He just lives for himself. Some even find themselves worthless of living their lives.

Their excuse of they're just too tired or not too good or not perfect remains a question I ask myself. Why excuse your weakness?

I mean I may not understand how bad it feels to some people, but I'm sure that everyone is given a storm that only they themselves can calm. I might never witness any storm than mine, but I'm sure I was meant to surpass it.

Some people just let the storm get the better of them. They're just lost.  I feel sorry for them.

I might see your storm, even feel it, but after all it's only the storm and it's owner. It's just you and your destiny.

And no matter how hard we try to hide from our storms, deep down we all know it'll come after us.

So giving up shouldn't even be an idea people have on their minds.

I've so many times, wanted to give up, but I knew that was weakness. That I had a weak point that I should cure.

I lay on my bed and sigh.

Think of Aaron, I keep telling myself, until sleep takes over.

I couldn't sleep and the few minutes I actually slept in were teared away with nightmares.

The next day passed in a blur. Breakfast was like dinner. Everyone was simply silent. Xavier never showed up and I couldn't blame him. It's just that sometimes you need to grief by yourself.

Many times I saw Sam's terrified look when he glanced at Dean. I understood. What Xavier went through was beyond horrible and Sam was taking his measures. I would at times find him staring blankly at Dean when he's eating, drinking and talking. It's just that he misses him in a different way.

Xavier's loss took us all by surprise. It affected every one of us. And I could relate to him. I know how it really feels to lose a close person to your heart.

To lose family.

I felt that whatever Dr.Cherry said was so right. We really are running out of time. One second, a person who we really love is between us laughing and talking and the other second we're crying are eyeballs out over his loss.

The world we're living is a very dark place. And life is a very scary cycle.

And this is how the next three days passed. They passed with stares. I never talked to Sam, Dean or Syd. I couldn't even visit Aaron. I was just so depressed. Not for Xavier, but for his pain. I can't get myself to harden up against him, because I know that the last thing he'd want is us to just back away from him, no matter what he says.

----------------

"Wake up Amelia! Am! Amelia Cooper!" I feel someone shake me as I open my eyes in fear.

"Who? What-" I turned towards who was trying to wake me up. "Aaron?"

"Hello Am!" he said simply and I started freaking out.

"Oh my god, why are you here?! You  shouldn't be here!" I sit up rubbing my eyes.

"Amelia Cooper, calm down. Dr.Ian gave me the permission," Aaron said smugly.

"Air this is so stupidly reckless!" I say gasping at him.

"I have been sleeping for a whole week! Doesn't that sound silly?" he says pursing his lips.

"No! It's the furthest from silly!" I say shaking my head as I reached for his hands.

"You're saying this just because you love me," Aaron said smirking and I shake me head again.

"No Aaron. It's because you're sick," I say sighing.

Aaron smiled sadly tilting his head a bit.

"Why didn't you come for three days, Amelia? Three days! God Amelia, I was scared," Aaron said seriously.

I look away and remove my hands as I get up.

"Amelia? What's up? You look very pale and faded," Aaron said getting up and turning to me. "Talk to me," he demanded and I looked in his eyes.

I take a deep breath and started,
"Xavier's brother. He died," I breathe feeling a pang in my heart. Aaron at first looked surprised, but soon recovers.

"Why are you sad, though?"

"Why am I sad? Aaron I'm not sad, I'm depressed! Something about the life I'm living is just miserable. Everything is making me sad! The halls are sad. The air is sad. The people are sad. We're just in an uptight condition. And for one second I feel my disease is getting the better of me. Not because of the death of Xavier's brother! It's because I feel I've missed half of my life! I feel that time is slipping away and I'm not fulfilling my dreams. I'm scared I might die tomorrow and the last thing I did was practice with Dr. Cherry or the last thing I did was take a pill! Okay? I'm not okay. I'm not happy. I am just too sad to be happy again," I say sighing as I plop on Aaron's bed.

Aaron watches me with narrowed eyes.
"You feel aimless," he mutters nodding.

I look at him wearily.
"So that hopeless you feel?" he breathes.

I shut my eyes sighing.
"So that empty you feel?"

I open my eyes feeling them already wet.

"I'm going to change that, Amelia Cooper," he says and I look at him. "See, there was this time in my life when I felt cracked. I felt like this perfect vase - hush, yes I'm perfect - that's broken. You were the glue that stuck my pieces back together. You helped stand on my feet again. And for that, I'm forever grateful, Amelia Cooper. Therefore, I'm going to suck that emptiness out of you, Amelia Cooper, yeah?

"I won't make those halls look so gloomy in your beautiful eyes, okay? And if the world felt so empty at times and if everyone and everything felt so sad to you, I'll always be there for you. I'll hide you away. I'll give you the happiness you need to survive. I'll give you the love you  need, that kind of love that no one else can provide. Amelia Cooper you're not to fear how or when you'll die, because I'll always be with you. You dying with me will be the last thing you do, cause hell I'll make that memorable," Aaron said with misty eyes as he adjusted a baby blue shirt he was wearing.

I look at Aaron feeling tears in my eyes.
"It's just I feel so constricted! I am too sick. I hate the pills and the doctor appointments! Is that normal? Do people live like we do? Did my mother know what she signed me up for? I just-" I gasp for air as I wipe away my tears. "I just pity myself sometimes at the life I'm living. I know I shouldn't. I know. But I'm just so tired!"

Aaron frowns in concern as he takes my hands and caress them in his big ones.

"Hold on, Amelia, my warrior," Aaron mutters and I gasp.

He called me a warrior.
Just like he did.

I look at him sniffing.
"I love you, Air," I murmur and his lips curl into a smile.

He cups my face in his hands and removes the hair stuck on my face from the tears.
"I love you so much more, Cooper," Aaron grins flashing his pointed pearly teeth.

He then leans in and closes his eyes as I imitate him and soon he was kissing me softly. I place my fingers in his hair and he deepens the kiss. I lean against him and he lies on his bed. He tucks his hands under my shirt and I feel electric sparks all over my body.

I break the kiss gasping for air and look at Aaron's red face.
"I-can't-get-enough-of-you," Aaron pants before bringing his lips to mine again and I straddle him with both of my hands in his hair. He moans and I shut my eyes. He turns me over so he's in top of me.

They should have never allowed co-ed rooms.

I gasp for air as I feel Aaron tug on my shirt. I start taking it off, but I hear the voice of the female blare out of the speakers.

Aaron groans breaking the kiss.
"You're-delicious-but-pancakes-taste-better," he said panting with a wild look in his eyes.

I grin flushing the deepest shade of red.
"Get off of me," I tell him playfully and he shakes his head.

"Make me, Amelia," he said and I look at him challengingly.

I wrap my arms around his neck and kiss him deeply as I let a finger hook on his waistband. Aaron moans again and I take the chance to turn over him. I straddle him again and break the kiss. I bite his lower lip and pant looking at him. He had his eyes closed as if expecting more.

I un-straddle him and get up. He looks at me gasping.
"Very smart Amelia. Very dirty," Aaron said as his eyes darkened. "Leave now. Leave. Leave," Aaron said seriously and I frowned playfully.

"Why?"

"If you don't, I'll end up f***ing you right here. On this bed," he said panting and I smile satisfied.

I look at him surprised and had to remind myself he was after all a badboy who isn't used for not 'getting laid' for long.

I turn away, pull down my shirt which was half tucked in my bra, adjust my hair and leave.

I bite my lips and smile to myself.

---------------------

I as usual took my tray to my seat and started unwrapping my sandwishes.

I feel someone sit next to me. I turn facing no one, but Sam.

"Amelia, I need to talk to you," he said seriously and I let go my sandwish.

"Wow, you're early," I say smiling.

"Ryan's asleep. I came early to talk to you," he said again urgently.

"Yeah sure, what about?"

"Xavier's brother. Er-more specifically, my brother," he said gulping as my smile faltered.

"What about Dean?" I gulp taken aback.

"I don't want to lose him," he says quietly as he brought his shaking hands on the table as his eyes became glassy. "Okay? I'm so so scared for him. He's my baby brother," he said with a shaking voice and I fail to say anything. "I need to know if-if he's gonna be okay. I'm so scared for him. I mean, what if all the time I spent here, with him was in vain?" he said miserably as I heard his heart break.

"You know, a person, my age, has a job, a house and is probably even married. I graduated out of medical school five years ago. I was so happy, Amelia! I have accomplished my dreams! And then we discovered his problem. He was terrible Amelia, terrible.

"Locking himself in his room. He convinced mom he was studying all day. He took homeschooling. And then things started going down when I had a party at home. You know drunk people everywhere. Then there was this couple who barged into Ryan's room, you know. Ryan tried getting out, but he was met by more people. He would be scared of people's looks, he thought that a scowl or a small smile is simple rejection. After the party, I found him in the room corner biting his fingernails. He has even peed his pants, Amelia. He was about 17. I was shocked. This imagine of a scared Ryan never escaped me.

"It was the scariest thing I've ever witnessed. We looked for doctors to come home and check him out, for he won't take a step out of the house. Last time we forced him, he vomited all over the floor and ripped his hair out. He ripped it out. My baby brother suffered alot. A lot," Sam finished as I stared at his red eyes. "I couldn't sleep for three whole days, Am. I was jusy too scared."

I looked at him miserably feeling a loss of appetite.

"Don't worry, Sam, he'll be fine. I mean he just hooked up with that girl, Faith," I say trying to sound hopeful as I pat Sam's shoulder. "I mean no one even helped him!"

"Oh that's another thing," Sam muttered under his breath and I frowned slightly.

"What's wrong?"

"She has suicidal thoughts okay? She's suicidal. What if she somehow influences Ryan? What if-"

"Shhh," I hush Sam smiling, "Ryan Dean is too stubborn to be influenced by anyone. Try not to worry about him, yeah? He's old enough," I wink and Sam tries smiling.

"OLA! BRO YOU AIN'T KEEPING TO OUR 'BE LATE OR HATE' CODE!" Dean's voice comes blaring from behind me and I look at Sam who mouthes 'you're right' to me as I grinned.

I feel him wrap his hands around my neck from behind.

"Hello, princess," he said in my ears and I laughed. "What was that little b**** feeding you?" he whispered in my ears pointing at Sam who was watching us smiling.

"Nothing, just about how you talk in your sleep," I say randomly, but Dean jolts up.

"You told her?" Dean tells Sam and I laugh.

Wait. He actually talks while he sleeps.

Dean then takes Sam's place as soon as I feel someone peck my cheek. I turn to a smiling Aaron.

"You came back?" I tell him while munching in my sandwish.

"Well yeah! How could I miss my pancakes?" he said clearing his throat and I smirked.

"Okay eat, because we have practice to attend to," I tell him quietly as I feel him place a hand on my thigh. "And please remove your hand. People can see, you know? They have eyes too."

Aaron smirks, but keeps his hand.
"I want them to see. I want them to know that I tagged you as mine, how about that?"

"Yeah right," I say sarcastically and Aaron chuckles. "Stop acting like the perv, you are."

We headed to room 3 and started practicing as Dr.Cherry went to get her cup of coffee. This b**** is classic.

Ofcourse Aaron forgot all the moves and I had to remind him what to do and what not to do. He then convinced me that I should have mercy on him and let him play some Adele songs before Dr.Cherry comes. But she has disconnected the internet. Ofcourse she doesn't trust us.

Aaron then claimed he needed a break and started fogging up the glass doors and drawing hearts with his fingers, while I sat on the floor drinking water.

"Amelia," he says erasing what he drew with his shirt.

"What do you want?" I mutter rolling my eyes.

"I really like this dance you know. I mean if we win and all, we'll go to that resort, yeah? I mean that's great, don't you think?"

"Yeah it is," I say shrugging.

"I mean you'll have to consider this as a date, you know? I mean here I can't take you out. Like where would I take you? The food court?" he said still facing the glass windows.

I gape at him and laugh. He then turns raising his eyebrows.
"And is that a yes or a no?"

"Does it look like I have a choice?" I say looking down.

"Er- no. One way or another you're going to the trip if we win. Hmm," he said heading to me.

"Definitely," I say teasingly as I put away the water bottle and get up.

"So you actually might not take me as your date?" he said tilting his head and tracing his lips.

"Maybe. I mean after all who wants a psychopath as a date?" I say smirking and he smiles.

"Me?" he said raising his eyebrows.

I chuckle and he reaches out for my hands.
"I never told you, I loved your skin, did I?" he questioned rubbing his thumb over my hand.

"Nope, but thank you," I say blushing. "Er- roommates still don't normally compliment their roommates, remember?"

"Who told you I was complimenting my roommate? I was complimenting my girlfriend," he said indifferently.

I gasp and raise my eyebrows.
"Hey!" I tell him warningly. "Let's not rush into things."

He grins and I feel my heart fall to my laps.
"Stop resisting me," he says stepping closer, but I push him back playfully. "You know you can't," he said in a husky voice and I gulp.

"I- haha- very funny," I say laughing nervously feeling the tips of my fingers numb as I bite down on my tongue.

"Want proof?" he said and I turned around.

"Okay, Air, back to our dance please. Dr. Cherry will be here any second now!" I say biting down looking straight ahead.

"Oh come on, you know her, she'll drink her-"

"Absolutely no excuses!" I say insistant that I won't let him do what he wants.

"Come on," Aaron groans placing his head on my shoulder from my back and I crane my head groaning.

"Please, Aaron-" he then started kissing my neck and I gasped. "Stop!" I say faintly, but he wraps his arms around my waist.

"What's happening here?!" a cold voice said from behind us and Aaron lifted his head hitting mine in the process.

"OWW!" I yelp, but Aaron was turning me and pushing down my shoulders.

"We were dancing doctor," Aaron starts and I get his idea and start dancing, before getting up and taking a deep breath.

"Dancing without music, huh?" Dr. Cherry said smirking.

"Aaron couldn't remember the moves and the song is fast," I say quickly, thanking god that my lying abilities improved at the moment.

Aaron looks down at me grinning. Dr.Cherry turns around and I could swear that she winked at me.

---------------

We come out of our last practice, deciding that we should head to the dorm.

"You gotta stop kissing me everywhere!" I say angrily and Aaron pouts.

"Who told you I kiss you everywhere?  I don't! Not in the foodcourt! You'll be eating and it'll be simply disgusting! Haven't you counted that?" he said exasperatedly.

I smile at him.
"Stop being so so - uh - so," I start lost at words. "-so slimy!" I blurt out any word and Aaron laughs.

"I'm so slimy, want to try me?" he said rubbing his hands against my skin.

"Yuck! Your hands are wet!"

He dries it more on my clothes and I giggle rushing away.

------------------

And this is how the next two weeks passed with only five days to the talent show.

Practice became more vigorous and Aaron was getting so much better. So did everyone actually.

Dean now hung out more with Faith, who was spectacular! I mean Dean definitely deserved a great person after all what he experienced.

Sydney was getting over Jeniffer and was completely mesmerized by Josie. Sam had fought with Cecilia for a while. He looked miserable for a week, before she came to apologize and Sam accepted it.

Things were turning up and Sam came with last great news that Dr.Cherry, who was Dean's doctor, said that Dean was improving tremendously and that she thinks that he will be here for only a short while.

Dr. Michael was amused that Aaron was doing so well and he thinks that he would be leaving soon.

Dr.Michael thought that I had a stressful week and that he completely understood why I was able to see Adam again. He told me that the main thing is he didn't interact with me, which was true. After all, he was just sitting there peacefully not interacting with me. He decided that this was great improvement which the medicine couldn't accomplish, if it wasn't me who shut my feelings against him.

Lastly Xavier was still devastated, but finally, managed to head to the foodcourt, despite the fact that I would see him simply staring at empty space as his eyes filled with tears to the brim which rolled down. He would simply clench his jaws and fists and wipe away his tears.

My heart broke for him. He avoided me and almost everyone he knew except for Sam who somehow was able to comfort his pains.

I couldn't bring myself to hate Xavier. After all, Aaron is mine and Xavier could do nothing to quaver the trust he had in me.

I definitely loved Aaron, but felt very scared to move to a next step. I mean when he would ask me whether it was finally the time I was his girlfriend, I'd get all flustered and nervous and then start blabbering about s*** I don't know.

I hate myself.

--------------------

"Okay, I believe it's high time you guys wore your costumes and started dancing in them. Because if there's any problem we should be able to fix it. We- do- not- have -time," Dr.Cherry said sipping on her iced green tea latté.

She then threw us each a bag. Aaron and I glanced at each other before shrugging and heading out.

We then part ways as we each head to out corresponding washroom.

I change into the dress.

I look at myself in the mirror and gasp at the boldness of what I'm wearing

I look at myself in the mirror and gasp at the boldness of what I'm wearing.

There's no way in heaven, I'm going to dance with that!

I then glance at the thigh length boots she's given me.

What the actual f***? I'd trip in these!!
What the actual f***? I'd trip in these!!

I painstakingly put it on removing the  hair from my face.

I look at myself in the mirror and I swear I look like a slut from the strip club next door.

I try pulling up the dress to try covering my spilt boobs a bit, but to no avail.

I finally make my way out of the washroom and head to room 3 where I could see Aaron and Dr.Cherry talking.

I glanced at Aaron's outfit and immediately envy him.

At least he's all covered up!

I sigh angrily as I open the door and barge into the room. Aaron looks at me smiling which falters immediately when his eyes fall on my dress. His eyes pop out and he goes red in the face.

"You look spectacular, hun! Just like I visioned you in this dress!" Dr. Cherry says clapping he hands excitedly.

"What the hell are you letting her wear?!" Aaron says angrily glaring at Dr.Cherry.

"What? Don't you like it?" Dr.Cherry asked amused.

"There's no way I'm letting anyone see her like that!" he said pointing at me.

"It's me who decides that not you Aaron, but thank you for your opinion anyway," Dr.Cherry smiles calmly and Aaron was about to flip on her.

"Didn't you hear me? Shall I repeat? She-will-not-be-dancing-like-this," he said pressing on each word as he took a threatening step towards her, but  she won't flinch.

"I chose that outfit. She will dance-"

"I CLEARLY DON'T CARE WHAT YOU CHOSE, OLD GIT! I SAID I WON'T LET HER BE PRESENTED AS A STRIPPER TO WIN SOME STUPID COMPETITION! AFTER ALL WE ARE COMPETING WITH PSYCHOS! WASN'T THAT WHAT YOU CLAIMED?" Aaron thundered and I cringed as Dr.Cherry just adjusted her glasses on her nose bridge.

"Very well, Mr.Black, detention. No dinner. She dances with-"

"¿Entiendes inglés? Comprenez-vous l'anglais? DO YOU UNDERSTAND ENGLISH?! I DON'T CARE IF YOU GAVE ME DETENTION FOR ANOTHER WEEK. I WILL NOT BE SEEING HER OUT WITH THIS!" Aaron roared kicking her chair.

I stay silent watching Dr.Cherry shift uncomfortably as my feet start hurting me from the heels.

"I said let's just practice with this!" Dr.Cherry said lamely and Aaron gritted his teeth.

"Practice only. Only practice," Aaron said looking at me with his eyes poring into mine.

"Okay!" Dr.Cherry said quietly. "3, 2, NOW!"

The music blares and we start dancing feeling Aaron's muscles tense under every and each touch.

I found it incredibly difficult turning and crouching with those huge heels.

We're finally doing our last step when my boot's heel got stuck in Aaron's long pants and I turned twisting my ankles. I let out a shriek of pain as I almost collapse on the floor when Aaron catches me.

I groan in pain as Dr.Cherry stops the song and looks at me horrified. I knew this won't end up good.

"Amelia! I'm so sorry!" Aaron breathes and crouches next to me before giving Dr.Cherry a very dirty look. He then fumbles with my left boot trying to pull it off but I shriek in pain.

He was just so violent.

"Easy, easy," Dr.Cherry starts as she slaps away Aaron's hands to remove my boot slowly.

I look at Aaron and then back at my ankle which was swollen. I tried moving it but grimaced at the shot of pain I felt.

"F***. F***. F***," I hear Aaron singing as he thought hard.

"Oh God Amelia, will you be able to dance?" Dr.Cherry said poking at my ankle carefully.

"You know what? Shut up, okay? Do me a favor and shut the f*** up," Aaron said tensly as he glared at her.

"I was just aski-"

"DON'T JUST ASK! JUST DON'T! IT'S YOUR FAULT! OH GOD, HELP ME PLEASE OR I'LL END UP MURDERING THIS OLD LADY IN FRONT OF ME," Aaron said looking up before looking at me, takes off his red jacket, gave it to me to wear and heaved me up. I gasp, but he shushes me.

He glances at Dr.Cherry who was placing the boot back in a bag.
"Just give me the other one!" she exclaimed behind his back.

He turned me towards her. She then took the other boot and Aaron left.

I wrap my arms around his neck and he holds me higher.

"Damn Amelia! How much do you weigh?!" he breathes and I roll my eyes.

"Hush! Let me focus on my pain!" I mutter as Aaron takes me to the clinic.

-----------------

I sit on the bed with my left leg stretched out infront of me. I look at my plastered foot and sigh. Both Dr.Norbert and Aaron were staring down at me.

"Amelia, again!" Dr.Norbert sighs tiredly.

I give him a small wave and smile.

"A terribly twisted ankle. What were you doing?" he asked smiling gently.

"Dancing," I say simply.

"With high heels," Aaron added and I look in his gentle pale blue eyes.

"Practicing for the talent show, eh?" he commented and Aaron grimaced.

"Yes," I said. Obviously.

"Anyway, what should you do?" Dr.Norbert said flipping through papers. "Okay. You shouldn't walk or put any pressure on it what-so-ever. You'll stay in your dorm and eat there. You'll be fine in a week," he said smiling as my heart sank.

A week? A WEEK?!

The talent show is in five days!
"Er- I have to practice for the talent show. Can you give me anything to speed up the healing process? Please?"

"Besides the cream and the cane  I'm giving you, no. There's nothing. I guess you've practiced enough for the past month, eh? You can revise the moves, but not do them," he said scribbling something on a piece of paper which he thrusted in Aaron's chest.

"Go on to the room in the farther end of this corridor. He'll give you the cream and cane you'll need," the doctor smiled and then left heading to the bed to my left.

I looked up at an open-mouthed Aaron who looked down at me and shrugged.

I then get up lifting my left leg and holding on to Aaron's waist. He's too tall for me to reach his shoulders.

We then walk slowly towards the door Dr.Norbert talked about and I remembered the Hispanic guy with the chest hair.

I stop dead in my tracks and Aaron looks at me concerned.

"Is it hurting you?" he asked worriedly and I shook my head.

We finally reach there and Aaron opens the door. We both enter a shady room with faint yellow lighting. I look at the glass counters infront of me where there were a lot of rectanglular boxes with complicated names scribbled on them. Medicines.

"Ola! Someone here?" a too familiar voice says and my grasp around Aaron's waist tightens.

A stout man chewing a gum says as he appears from behind some curtains with a badge having his name, Sebastián.

He then examined both of us as his eyes lingered on me giving me a nasty smile.

Oh f***, my dress.

I tighten Aaron's baggy jacket on me and Aaron clears his throat dangerously as he wrapped his arms around me and pulled me to his chest.

He then slammed a paper on the counter which Sebastián took and left behind the curtains.

He then returned with the cane and cream.

"Take. This is all what you want?" he asked and Aaron nodded.

We both then turn to leave before he drawls, "Come visit often."

Aaron slams the door behind me.

We head to the dorm as I tried walking with the cane.

Aaron opens the door and I get in.
I head to my bed and Aaron sits next to me.

"Well how are you feeling?" Aaron says and I shrug.

"Fine," I say smiling.

Silence filled the room then and I watched my poor left foot.

"Well, let me apply your cream," Aaron says suddenly opening the box then unscrewing the bottle.

"No thank you, I'll do it by myself," I say, but Aaron shakes his head.

"Not gonna happen," Aaron said getting up and crouching next to my feet.

He then applies the paste and starts rubbing gently.

"YOU KNOW WHAT? WHEN I SEE THAT CHERRY WOMAN, IMMA COMBUST HER ASS!" he bursted suddenly as I laughed. "I'm serious Amelia Cooper!"

I look into his fiery blue eyes and smile admiringly.

"I love you Aaron," I murmur and he looks up.

"Yeah I know, I know," he smiles and I playfully hit him lightly with my right foot in his ribs.

The last five days have been a great stress with the talent show coming up. Aaron has asked them if it was okay to stay behind with me during breakfast, lunch and dinner, which was allowed. After three days of me not being allowed to the food court, Dean and Syd came visiting me and were surprised to see my situation. Dean even recited an 'I hope you get better' speech.

Even Dr.Cherry was forced to supervise us in our dorm. I always sat watching Aaron dance alone while I revised what I had to do in that particular moment in my mind.

Now that the talent show is practically tomorrow, I sat on my bed with the same dress as I tried moving my ankle a bit. It didn't hurt as much anymore, but I was scared I was gonna f*** this up.

So many times Aaron tried to convince me not to dance and quit, but I couldn't ruin Aaron's only chance to go outside.

Even if it meant pain for me.

After Dr.Cherry has gave us a life long speech about how important tomorrow was and how we shouldn't waste this chance, she  finally decided that it was too late and left us.

Aaron immediately took off his sweat drenched shirt and threw it on his bed. He then sat next to me and I sighed.

To be honest, me just being scared is a f***ing understatement. I'm petrified.
For one, I didn't practice for the last five days and I just feel like everything flew out of my head into thr nearest dust bin. I feel like I'll stumble on something and fall on my face, ruining any chance for them winning. I let out a shaky breath and almost immediately I feel Aaron's hands engulf my own.

I look at his smiling face and sigh.

"It's gonna be okay," he tries saying and I shake my head slowly.

"I'm so so scared. I mean I haven't practiced, plus my ankle is still fragile. What if its condition worsens when I dance?! What if-" I say looking at the tiny bump on my ankle and feel more dreadful.

"Like I said before you can always quit. But you've been revising it," Aaron says calmly and I free my hands from his grasp and pull back the hair falling on my eyes.

"I don't think that's enough. At all," I say nervously playing with my fingers.

"I don't think you should be worrying about this, Amelia Cooper," he said smirking and I looked at him indifferently.

"What do you mean?"

"I mean, we've got the whole night ahead of us. It's just me, you and the laptop Dr.Cherry forgot to take," Aaron said smiling and I gasped.

"Do you mean-"

"Yup, if you're feeling all jittery about this, we can totally dance all night! Don't you think?!" Aaron said glancing at my pathetic ankle. "And-and if a move is too hard for you, I guess we can change it. After all, the next time Dr.Cherry will see us dance is at the show!" Aaron said excitedly.

I look at him surprised, but decided  that it's actually a very good idea.

"Well, what have I got to lose?" I say grinning.

"OKAY!" he exclaimed heading to the laptop and readying it.

He then approaches me and extends his hands to me. I take them gratefully and stand up not concentrating the pressure on my left foot.

Aaron walks me, allowing me to use his hands as support.

He then started the music and I started dancing. At first I found it hard due to one, my f***ed up ankle and two, shirtless Aaron, but then I got accustomed to the mild pain and created positions to my foot that neither put my anlke at too much pressure nor made the dance look cringy.

On doing my last step, I got confused and ended up hitting Aaron's jaw with my right shoulder.

Aaron smiled gently and corrected my move.

He then restarted the music and we danced again. I repeated the same mistake and Aaron facepalmed. I laughed as we kept dancing the night away.

At some point we eventually stopped and I felt kind of confident that things might actually go alright.

I sat on the white carpeted floor and Aaron followed.
"Well? How did that feel?" he asked panting and I beamed at him.

"Exhilarating," I say adjusting the short-ass dress on me, which no matter how many times Aaron and Dr.Cherry fought about, ended up as my only resort, because no more supply requests were allowed.

"Yeah? I'm sure we'll do great!"

"Hopefully," I say smiling as Aaron laid on his back on the floor and signaled to me to lay next to him.

I shrug and lay next to him slowly stretching out my injured foot. We, then, both stare at the white ceiling on top of us.

"What time is it?" I say feeling all the exhaustion suddenly.

I feel Aaron looking behind him.
"4:15 am."

"Wow. It's almost dawn!" I say propping on my right elbow excitedly.

"Yup."

I lay back again and look at Aaron who was already looking at me grinning.

"What's so funny?"

"I don't know. It's just that, it's the first time you don't worry about me sleeping," he said smiling and I gasp.

"Oh my god, you-" I start frantically as I sit up and glare at him. Now I'm blaming it on him...

"I didn't tell you that to panic, A. Then, I know how to sleep and have been sleeping more than ever the last few days, B. So please don't panic?" Aaron said cringing a bit.

"Not panic? For goodness sake Aaron, I almost lost you!" I say feeling so guilty. I mean f*** the talent show!

"Not anymore!"

"Oh, you've got to be kidding me!" I say trying to get up taking Aaron's bed as support.

"Don't you get it Amelia Cooper?" he said smirking. "As long as I have you, I can sleep. Whenever I wanted to sleep, I thought about you! I mean after mom's and dad's death, I was left nobody to love. That's the reason why I couldn't let mom go, she was the only woman besides you, I actually got attached to. You are my medicine, Amelia. Might as well call you my oxygen," Aaron said exasperatedly and I gaped at him.

That was heart-rending and beautiful at the same time.

I stay shut up and look out of the window. I find the sun rising and I limp to it.

I loved how the sun illuminated the mauve sky that smeared the darkness of the last night hours. It was magnificent!

I open the window and stick my head out as I find a dandelion seed flutter towards me. I sequel excitedly as I close my fist on it.

I bring it up close and examine it's fluffy white hairs. It looked beautiful.
"You're a beauty," I mutter smiling at it.

I sigh and blow it out of my hands.

"It's funny how a dandelion's seed makes you happy," I hear Aaron comment from behind me as I turn and slam into his chest. "I mean back at my uncle's place, his garden was full of them.

"I love them. They're so beautiful, light and unique! I love enjoying small impractical things. I would fall in love with them and even talk to them. That seed is so graceful, don't you think?" I say looking up at Aaron's amused face. "What?"

"That's what I love about you, Amelia Cooper. You're so transparent and simple. You're so busy being yourself, you're not even knowing how hard I'm falling for you," he said dreamily and turned facind the window blushing.

I feel Aaron wrap his arms around me as I let my head rest on his chest.
I bite my lower lip and smile to myself.

------------------

"I really think you should wake up, Amelia and Aaron. Get up! Up! Up now!" an urgent voice says and I snap open my eyes on a furious-looking Dr.Cherry.

I look around me finding Aaron next to me with his head on my shoulder and his arms around my waist as be snored quietly with his mouth open on his bed.

I shake him and he immediately jolts up.
"Doc-doctor Cherry?" he said gasping as he pulled the covers to cover his bare chest. Yes, he was shirtless ever since last night, aka a few hours ago.

"What happened?" I say sitting up as I rubbed my eyes.

"What happened is you missed breakfast and I kept knocking for you to let me in, but apparently you were both sleeping! I had to ask Dr.Michael to open the door! The show is starting in a few hours! Get up!" she says as Aaron reaches out for the shirt on  the bed and pulls it over his head.

Dr. Cherry then throws at each of us what looked like a foil wrapped sandwish and juice boxes.

"Just because you look like sick dancing grandmas when you're hungry. I'll stop by in twenty minutes, you better be ready," she said as she left the room with the laptop between her arms.

Aaron takes off his shirt again and jumps into the washroom as I prepare the dress which I threw on my bed after changing into comfortable pyjamas before I sleep.

After a few minutes, Aaron was out with a towel on his waist as usual. I entered right after him and showered quickly.

By the time Dr.Cherry came back in again we were both ready and have eaten. Dr.Cherry gave me a pair of black converse to wear instead of the boots.

I, however, felt that they were too uncomfortable for me to dance in.

"Are you ready?" she said after I've finished tying Aaron's shoelaces. We both nodded and we took off in the direction opposite to the activity and practice areas.

We went past the doctors' staff rooms until a big black door stood infront of us. Dr. Cherry opened it and we stepped into the hugest auditorium I've ever seen. I gasp.

Rows and rows of seats and a huge stage with crimson drapes stood in the middle of it all.

"You gotta get back stage," Dr.Cherry said pushing us towards the door that read 'backstage'. "Everyone will file in a few minutes. Go! Go now!"

I enter with Aaron behind me. It was empy with some chairs bearing names on them. We head to our chairs, but a blaring voice came from behind us.

"Oh my, my, my! The first competitors are finally here," a short, thin man with spiky black hair, unbuttoned blouse, red tie and short pants said as Aaron and I both blink at him in astonishment. "Oh! I'm Frankie! I'll do your makeup, adjust your clothes and make you look presentable up zere!" he said jumping up and down excitedly as he pointed at the stage. "We start with ze gentleman!" he said.

The terrified look on Aaron's face was the last thing I saw before Frankie pulled him behind some curtains. I tried containing my laugher at Frankie's wierd accent.

I sat on my chair smiling to myself as I heard several 'Ouch! Ow, watch where that pin is going! Duudee, the f***ing pin!' followed by 'Easy,sir! Everything will be comforting!'.

Everything will be comforting? Really? Is that even English?

After a few minutes Aaron stumbles out glaring at the drapes behind which a pleased looking Frankie appears.

I look at Aaron and examine how his cheekbones looked more prominent now and how his cheeks looked redder than usual. He was handsome. I smile at him and he returns the gesture.

Soon I feel Frankie tugging on me.
"Lady Cooper, it's your blessed turn!"

I was pulled behind the curtains where a large marble table with a large bulb- framed mirror. I stared at the several brushes and lipsticks scattered everywhere.

"Okay, your skin colour is not very pale like the boy, mmmm," he said pinching me and I flinched in pain as he slapped my cheeks slightly. "And your cheeks aren't as full as I'd like them to be. Mmmm," he said as he started scrambling through the mess on the table. "Erm, chapped lips will cause a problem. But-" he picked up a cylinder and placed it infront of my eyes.

"The magical chipped-chapper chap stick!" he said removing the cap and turning the chair I sat on so I could face him. He then started applying it artistically. "Okay, lady Cooper, you're all chapped up."

He then got some blush and fake eyelashes and fixed all the s*** up. He then opened a drawer and revealed a black masquerade mask.

"This should do all ze magic!" he said looking proud with himself as he rocked on his heels.

He then tied it and turned my chair so I was facing myself in the mirror
He then tied it and turned my chair so I was facing myself in the mirror.
"Look at yourself! Look at your beauty! You look simply smurftastically fantastic!"

I watched the red curves of my hair settle on my shoulders as I take in how good the mask looks.

"Okay, I guess you're done, miss!" he said pulling me up and I winced slightly as I get up.

"Thanks," I tell him as I push back my hair.

"NOOOOOOOO!" he suddenly bursts and I start.

I look at him shocked, but he covers his mouth and smiles embarrassed.
"Don't play with your hair miss!" he reached out to my hair and puffed it up.

I walk outside leaving the creep behind.

Aaron stood up on seeing me and smiled tightly as he grabbed me to my chair.
"You look enchanting Amelia Cooper," he said tracing my mask and I smiled.

"Thanks," I say smiling.

Soon enough Cecilia and Syd were ushered in through the back door and I smiled on seeing them.

"Bonjour Amelia and Aaron! You're already here!" Cecilia exclaimed as she waltzed to us wearing an oversized denim overall and a white blouse beneath. All the pockets had different brushes of all sizes and shapes thrusted into them.

"Heyyy!" Syd came in after her waving both her hands at us. "I can't believe we're getting on THAT stage! I'm so excited!" she said jolting up and down in excitement. "I'm a bit nervous though! I must say-"

Only then did Frankie appeared from behind the curtains and looked at a stunned Syd and Cecilia.

"More contestants! Come on! Who's first! Oh I'm Frankie... " he introduced himself and grabbed Cecilia in first.

"So how's your ankle?" Syd asked and I shrugged.

"It's okay!" I said moving my ankle a bit. "I can dance with it."

"And win," Aaron added and I smiled despite myself.

"I hope we all win," Syd said sitting on her chair.

"Yeah," I say biting my lips.

Cecilia emerged out from the curtains, looking fabulous with the extra effects Frankie added of yellow and pink eye-shadow and winged eyeliner.

"Okay, pretty girl with short shorts, follow me," Frankie said pointing at Syd.

--------------------

Almost two hours later, Zedd and the two other contestants came in. I felt bored and removed off the mask, much to Frankie's dislike and protests.

I heard the noises the crowd from outside did and felt nervous all over again. I heard someone speak through a microphone outside after which everyone shut up.

I got up from next to Aaron and peeked through the drapes and gasped. There were so many people with the presentor pacing across the stage.

I closed the curtains immediately and stared at Aaron terrified.
"Aaron, so so many-"

"I bet. I've heard that this show has been sponsored and all. So we won't only be performing infront of the doctors and patients we know," Aaron said winking and I paced across the room.

Frankie then emerges from behind the curtains and claps his hands to grab our attention.
"Okay! Everyone look up! Look up! So the show starts in five minutes and I thought you'd find it useful to know when you're performing. Aaron and Amelia please sit down," he suddenly said turning to us and so we obeyed his orders. He cleared his throat and unfolded a paper he held.

"Okay, first goes Zedd. Yes you with spiky hair and holed shirt," he said gesturing for him to get up. "Angelina you're up next. Who else? The one with the dark complexion. Brenda you're third. Yes you, that's your name isn't it? Then Cecilia and Syd. And then you cute couple. You're last," he said crumpling the piece of paper back in his pocket.

We're last? Great!

But I was wrong because time couldn't have passed faster with the amount of applause at the end of each performance.

I sit tapping my legs as Aaron held my hands. I was beyond petrified.

I gulped as I got up and started pacing as Cecilia got in. I felt my tummy doing some back flips as my breath hitched every time I heard an applause. The pressure is too much, but I didn't know it could've gone worse when my left foot got caught in the carpet's edge and I fell on my face with a groan of pain.

"Oh! Holly f***, Amelia!" I heard Aaron say from next to me as I looked from my ankle to the curtains in horror.

"Oh f***. F***. F***," I keep repeating to myself as I tried getting up, but a spark of pain shot in my ankle.

My heart sank immediately as Aaron pursed his lips clapping his right hand over his mouth.

"You can't dance," he said shutting his eyes.

"No, no, no," I say shaking my head as I tried crouching and doing the dance moves, but they were too difficult. I felt my shoes were too tight and very constricting. "I can dance!" I say hopefully at a shocked Aaron. "Al-all I need is to take off my shoes! I can dance barefoot!" I say already untying my shoelaces with shaking hands.

"I'll just tell them we quit. It's okay, Amelia," Aaron said looking disappointed as he headed to the curtains behind which Frankie stayed.

"NO!" I say freaking out. "My ankle is okay! In fact it-it's so much better!" I lie as I move my ankle infront of his eyes while clutching the carpet's hairs to absorb the pain. "It's okay! I'll dance, Air!" I stand on my barefeet feeling better.

"Amelia-"

Frankie emerges out with an alert look in his face. "Now! It's your turn, now!" he said pushing us through the curtains.

The last thing I remember was the worried look on Aaron's face, before we emerged under the spotlight.

I take a moment to squint through the faces looking for a familiar one, but I was snapped out of my thought, as Aaron grasped my hand.

"In 3, 2, 1-" a faint voice said indicating the start of the song. My eyes widened as the adrenaline coursed through my body as I started dancing. The excitement I was feeling covered over my ankle's pain.

Our moves were fast, smooth and sexy. The audience was absolutely silent throughout the dance, until we finished and stood side by side.

No one said a thing or clapped. My heart sank momentarily, before I heard someone from the very back get up, whistle and clap.

Ryan Dean.

Everyone then started clapping and standing as I looked at a grinning Aaron. He then leaned closer and immediately placed his lips onto mine. I was surprised at first, but I returned the kiss as the applause increased. Aaron lifted me and kissed me deeper before breaking it and beaming at a jelly me.

Aaron then bowed to the audience and I laughed at him.

"And by this, our show ends! Thank you everyone! I hope you've enjoyed your time!" the presentor, who was one of the people who had breakfast with us, said concluding the show. "Adios Amigos!"

The presentor then takes us down the stage as the whole audience breaks into whispers and laughs.

The show was done. Now back to nursing my injured ankle.

And so I waited. Day after day passing with my ankle healing. Aaron was always by my side and it seems like I've loved him even more.

It's been a week since the talent show and a day for the results. I became even more astonished with the fact that I've got only seven pills left, which makes a week! Which meant that I'll be leaving soon. I've honestly come a long way and have thrived. I decided not to give up and I gave myself another chance to even fall in love with a beautiful, selfless person. I've learnt to love myself when I had many reasons to hate it. I've overcome my weakness and I've let go my pains.

I moved on. I lived another day. I breathed.

Although, I've faced so many heartbreaks and lost so many important people in my life including my parents, I've met so much more! I've made a beautiful family with people who actually care. I'm afraid that sometimes people who share the same blood are your fatal enemies, because they know your weaknesses. They know exactly that only bone left in you. That only string. To break you  and leave you alone, without support.

I sat on the breakfast table and striked the condensation on the water cup infront of me with my fingers. I was sitting on Aaron's seat and he sat on mine as he talked loudly with Ryan Dean and Sam.

I sighed and looked around as my eyes caught the sight of a curling Xavier in the corner. He kept a black hood on as his now long hair fell over his shady face.

I sigh sadly at his condition as I get an idea. I glance at laughing Aaron and get up.

Shush. I'm not stupid. He might have done something reckless, but I know he has a heart of gold. Besides, I know what level a person can stoop to when he's jealous.

Especially if he has anger management issues.

I approach Xavier and stare at how he stared at the tray infront of him lifelessly as his hands lied limply next to him.

Why is he sitting on the floor?

I clear my thraot and his head immediately snaps up looking at me with horror written all over his face. He then slowly got up kicking the tray in the way.

"Amelia?" he said quickly recovering the shock on his face. "I-uh- how are you?" he said with a big fake smile on his face. That's what we'll all see. But I saw so much more. I saw his bottomless, lost eyes.

"Great," I whisper. "Let's talk outside, yeah?"

He hesitated for a moment, and then followed me. We left the foodcourt and walked into the hall. I stopped and waited for Xavier who was walking zombie-like behind me.

"How are you?" I ask as Xavier stops right infront of me.

"Me? Grand!" he said smirking looking at a point behind me.

"Grand? Grand? Really, Xav? Really?" I say trying to look into his eyes.

"I'm okay! I am okay, Amelia," he said angrily.

"We are all okay! We are all okay as long as we're breathing, but you're f***ed up Xavier! F***ed up!"

Xavier covered his face with his hands and then dropped them down.

"Leave, Amelia. Leave, please," he said in a dangerously low voice.

"I am not leaving until I fix this!" I say determined.

At that Xavier laughed. "Fix what?" he said raising his eyebrows. "Fix this pathetic thing? Fix me?" he scoffed and looked at me with miserable eyes. "You can't fix me," he said quietly shaking his head. "You just can't."

"But I can!" I protest and Xavier punches the wall next to him with his fist, which I noticed had bloody knuckles. "You gotta stop doing this!" I say pissed at how he made his knuckles look so terrible.

"Doing what? This?" he said smirking as he kept punching the wall with the same fist with his eyes poring into mine. I flinched at every punch as the wall had red blood all over it. I look into his eyes that never seemed to twitch as they teared up.

"STOP! JUST STOP HURTING YOURSELF!" I say feeling my heart sink to the gutter.

"Make me," he said as his right eye twitched as he punched more into the wall.

I calculated my moves as I look at Xavier's gnawed knuckles make contact with the wall.

I quickly place a hand on his cheek.
"Please, stop!" I say softly closing my eyes.

Xavier stopped immediately his eyes twitching as he looked at me with a hurt snarl on his face as he hyperventilated.
"What are you doing?" Xavier said as a tear rolled down his face.

"I am making you stop," I say feeling desperate to make him stop the bullshit he was pulling.

His eyes flickered to my hand and back to my face.
"You shouldn't be doing this," he said mildly shocked.

"I just want to see you get better," I say my heart sinking as I saw the anger stir behind the black of his irises.

Xavier slapped my hand away as his face reddened.
"SEE ME GET BETTER?! WELL, NO AMELIA! I'M SORRY TO DISAPPOINT YOU! IF YOU THOUGHT I WAS THE HERO I THOUGHT MYSELF WAS, THEN YOU'RE WRONG! OKAY? BECAUSE GUESS WHAT? I'M ON THE VERGE OF FALLING OFF FROM A ROLLERCOASTER THAT CAN ONLY CRASH! AND YOU KNOW WHAT?! I'M ALREADY CRASHING! I'VE HIT BOTTOM! WANNA KNOW WHY?

"CAUSE, HEY, MY OLDER BROTHER JUST DIED AND MY ANGER CONDITION IS WORSENING! I'M DYING SLOWLY AND IF YOU WOULD LOVE TO DO ME A FAVOR, I WANNA DIE ALONE. PAINFULLY AND SLOWLY CAUSE, HELL, I DESERVE IT AND YOU CAN DO NOTHING ABOUT IT. NOTHING!" he stopped to pant and I noticed a trail of blood come out of his nose.

"Oh my god!" I gasped looking at his nose.

Xavier quickly wiped away his nose with his shaking hand smudging the blood across his face.
My eyes widened in shock at how messed up he looked now with his nosebleed, chapped lips, long hair and facial hair.

Xavier turned to leave, but I held his arm.
"Xavier please. Please-" he turned and raised his hand to slap me and I gasped. I closed my eyes expecting a hot slap on my cheek, but it never came. I snapped my eyes open noticing a hovering clenched fist above me. I looked at Xavier's flared nostrils and twitching left eye.

Xavier's eyes were glassy as his chest raised and fell.
"So we really are back to block one?" I muster to mutter glancing at the messy hair strands hanging on his shoulder.

Xavier lowered his fist, closed his eyes and took  deep breaths. He then nodded as tears came rolling down continuously.

"Yeah, I f***ed up," he said rubbing his temples. He then slid down the wall with his head in his hands showing his knuckles' bones.

I looked down at him with a grimace on my face.

"Amelia, you shouldn't waste your time on a loser like me. I've said what I've said and done what I've done," he said not looking up. "I'm sorry."

"You know what? You're right. I'll leave you! Let your dead brother, help you out in the s*** you've got yourself in-" his head snaps up looking furious. "Reality's as harsh as my words! You gotta wake up for yourself! Wake up and move on! The world is different with every time you close your eyes! Things change. People die. People also move on. You don't how to move on? Learn! People have went through s***tier s***. And you know it! Wanna stay here for the rest of your life? Fine! But I thought you'd like to follow your brother's footsteps. I'm sure that when your brother died-" I said cringing at my bluntness. "-I'm sure, many people will remember him for the hero he was.

"What about you, huh? When you die? Who'll remember you? Do you really think you'll be an honor to your brother?! No one will remember a psychotic person who gave up! No one, Xavier! Do-"

"WHO TOLD YOU I WANT TO EVER BE REMEMBERED? WHO TOLD YOU I WANT TO HONOR MY BROTHER? WHO TOLD YOU? WHO-" he said angrily clenching his fists.

"What the hell is happe-" a voice said from behind and I started as I turned finding Aaron coming to a hault infront of me as Dean and Sam panted behind him.

Xavier stared at Aaron with utter hatred on his face.

"What the f*** have you done to her you son of a b****-" Aaron said pulling Xavier up by his shirt's neck as Dean and Sam stood at either side of me.

"He did noth-" I start, but Aaron has already thrown a punch at Xavier.

Xavier's face reddened as he shouted at him. "WHAT THE F***?!"

He then lunged at Aaron who fell on the floor with Xavier on top of him who punched him regardless of Aaron's fight.

Sam and Dean tried to hold Xavier back, but he looked like an angry bull as he punched Dean off him. Aaron then, caught Xavier's arm and hit his head with his forehead.

Xavier grunted and Aaron turned on top of him, by that time I was crying and shouting at them to stop.

"STOP! AARON STOP!", but he threw even more punches.

Sam and Dean tried to hold Aaron back from his waist and they actually succeeded, but Aaron continued kicking and punching the air with an aggressive look on his face.

"LET ME ON HIM! LET ME!" Aaron shouted as Xavier staggered wiping away the blood on his face.

"F*** YOU, AARON! F*** YOU!" Xavier shouted and leaped on Aaron, but this time I stood right infront if him and screamed.

"AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!" I stopped panting as Sam and Dean let go of Aaron and held their hands to their ears, just like Aaron and Xavier did.

Woah, I didn't know I could scream like that.

"What in heaven's name is happening over here?!" a british voice said to which we all turned to as Aaron's fist froze in the air.

A doctor in a black suit with pale blue eyes, long black beard, pointy moustache and bald head stood right infront of us as Aaron tried to wipe the blood from his split lip and nose.

A moment of silence followed as we stared at the doctor and the doctor stared back at us.

"Dr.Isaac, what's the issue?" a short, chubby woman in a white coat came panting behind him as she looked at us and gasped.

"Nothing Dr.Melissa, just a little fight. You can return to your work," Dr.Isacc muttered as he headed to us in an airy manner.

"Who screamed?" Dr.Isaac asked squinting from one face to the next.

"I did," I said terrified. "I had to, though."

"And why is that, Miss-?"

"Cooper."

"And why is that Miss Cooper?"

"They were-they were-" I started.

"Having a boxing match. A joke really," Dean said from next to me, earning him death glares from both Aaron and Xavier.

"It doesn't seem like that," Dr.Isaac said looking from one face to the next, pointedly at Aaron's.

"It is, what he said! Ain't I right, Aaron?" Xavier said panting as he spat on the floor. "Just checking muscular functions."

Aaron nodded.

"Were you?" Dr.Isaac said raising his eyebrows.

I felt my heart rate picking up simultaneously.

"Okay, look here Dr.Nefario, we said what we had to say. If you're willing to make a big deal out of it, then go ahead! Don't be a bit-"

"Dean!" Sam said immediately and I gasped.

Dr.Isaac glared at Dean for a while.
"I'm going to ask you to return back to the foodcourt and not cause any chaos-" Dr.Isaac said in an eerily calm voice. "And you two-" he said pointing at Xavier and Aaron. "-follow me."

"Dr.Isaac, wait! You can't harm him!" Dr.Melissa said holding Xavier's arm.

"May I ask why not?"

"Because he has anger control issues and have been through so much!" she said looking at Xavier in concern. Xavier was looking straight ahead not even minding what's happening around him.

Dr.Isaac sized Dr.Melissa up who narrowed her eyes.

I glanced at Aaron who was staring at me with his black eye. I looked away pissed at him.

"Xavier please follow me," Dr.Melissa said grabbing him towards her.

Dr.Isaac glared at Dr.Melissa, but then he smiled it off.

"Yeah, sure Melissa. Take him and make sure that your patient is well-behaved, because apparently you failed in that," Dr.Isaac commented and Dr.Melissa ignored him and turned away to leave with Xavier in her hand.

I could tell that Aaron was trying to catch my eyes, but I won't let him. Attacking Xavier was simply reckless and stupid of Aaron. Look where it landed them.

"Man, it's not fair to take Aaron for a punishment if Xavier gets to be free!" Sam comments from next to me and I look at amused Dr.Isaac.

"Oh no. He stays with me," Dr.Isaac winks at me and then smirks at Sam and Dean, grabbing Aaron forcefully, who leaves without fighting.

Dean holds my arm and pulls me to the foodcourt as Sam followed.

--------

"Oh my god! Oh. My. God. What's gonna happen to him?! What if he hurts him?! And this time, I'm not by his side! Oh no, Air! Oh no!" I say hysterically as I sit in my place with Sam and Dean standing above me like doctors trying to calm me down.

"Amelia please, he's gonna be okay. Aaron is a strong guy," Sam pressed and I looked at him desperately.

"I didn't stand up for him!" I say feeling guilty.

"It's okay! You were just so distracted! There are so many things that were happening. It's not your fault!" Dean said trying to comfort me.

But it was my fault.
What's happening to you now, Air?

----------------------

Aaron's POV

I went quietly with Dr.Nefario. Trust me I hate Despicable Me, but Ryan couldn't be more accurate! I pull up my shirt to stop the flowing blood from my nose. Damn Xavier b**** hits hard!

I could see Dr.Isaac is taking me to the staff aisle. I memorized this place by now.

I kept whispering to myself the directions as I passed Simone's dorm.

I just visited her yesterday actually to tell her about what happened this week. Yeah, I give her weekly visits to tell her about what's happening between me and Amelia. She's my new best friend.

I want to distract myself, because one thought kept haunting me.

She stood up for him, but not for me.

I kept shaking my head refusing to let this thought take over. I wanna convince myself that there's nothing between Xavier and Amelia, but at times I find it very hard. Just like now.

So many times I've felt like losing my mind when I'd find her staring at Xavier and frowning sympathetically.
Like she doesn't give me that much of attention.

Man, I know his brother is dead and all, but we all did lose close people to us! We were like s***. But we moved on.

Okay, maybe I didn't for a while, but I eventually did.

I mean his brother's been dead for almost three weeks now! I think his eventually is done!

I don't know why is Amelia doing this. Is it because of his anger control s***? Cause hell, I think I need more attention with my f***ed up situation! Can't she see?

I mean in what ways is Xavier better than me? I'm handsome, smart and well-built! I deserve her!

Ughhhh... Why the f*** am I doubting myself? If she likes Xavier more, then I think I couldn't care less!

I mean it!

But it won't be fair! She told me she loved me! She kissed me like she likes it and I don't think Amelia is the heartbreaker type! 

Or is she?

Dr.Isaac comes to a hault and I stare at him. He was much taller than I am.

"Mr. Black, aren't I right?"

"Black. Yeah," I mutter now glaring at Dr.Isaac who curled his moustache with his finger.

"Come in Mr.Black," he said pulling me into a room which is probably his. I examine my surrounding.

A big room with a huge long table in the middle with many chairs surrounding it. In the corner there was a huge mahogany table with a leather chair, above which there was the picture of a roaring lion.

"Have a seat," Dr.Isaac said pointing at a small violet chair infront of his desk.

I clear my throat, not knowing what the f*** is going on.

"Hello Aaron. Let's have a quick real introduction," he said smiling sickly "I'm Dr. Isaac Black, the head of this hospital and-" he looked at me."-your older half brother."

"The -WHAT?!" I say looking at him shocked at what he said. "What are you blabbering?!" I say not caring what his position is. This s*** is real.
"I have no brother! Only a sister in Australia!"

"Okay, Aaron please calm down-"

"CALM DOWN?! Calm down?! You just told me that you're my brother! Wait, my half-brother!"

"I couldn't believe it myself when I first knew!" Isaac said getting up from his chair and sitting across of me.

"What the hell do you mean? Dude, if this is some sick joke you're pulling around here, cut it out! I was meant to be lonely for the rest of my life! So stop it!" I said pointing at my pathetic being.

"I understand that accepting this-"

"Dude, can you hear what you're saying? You're saying I have a half brother!"

"I know! Will you please listen to me?!" I look at him outraged. "Your uncle died last week-"

"HE WHAT?!" I say lurching forward so that I was a few inches from his face. "He was the only family left," I say feeling miserable all of a sudden, returning to my seat.

"He died last week and left in his will that you were my brother and I shall take care of you, until you become twenty- five. He attached DNA tests and all that s***."

"My uncle died?" I said my mind zoning out from all the new information he's throwing at my laps. "Dude, how old are you?!"

"I'm thirty-two," he said smirking.

"What the f***, you're too old! And bald!"

"I'm not bald, I shaved my hair," Isaac said distractedly. "Anyway! I've heard you'll be out in a week or so-"

"A WEEK?! Bloody hell!" I said astonished.

"Yes. You'll be living with me."

"Not going to happen."

"Oh it will. It isn't a matter of choice, Aaron."

I sat grumpily clutching my head.

"S***, you even look like my father," I say letting the information sink in.
"So my father cheated on my mom?!" I say my heart leaping.

"No. Your father cheated on my mom."

I looked at him mouth wide open.

"You can't be serious. My fath-my father is the best. He won't do that!" I say faintly.

"Sometimes people closest to you are b****es in disguise," Isaac said looking angry all of a sudden.

"How the hell did you get that position?!"

"This place is my uncle's which has just passed away. He gave me his position."

"Hold on. My uncle ruled this place?"

"Well, ofcourse he did! He never told you of course. He knew you hated him. So he gave you space, until he died," Isaac said bitterly.

"Oh God. Unbelievable."

"I know," Isaac said patting my back.

"I really I'm not believing this. I have a brother!" I say looking at Isaac feeling my heart lift.

"I have a brother too," Isaac said smiling.

I look up and sigh.

"Well, can I leave now?" I say raising my eyebrows.

"Well, yeah, as long as you stay away from trouble Aaron."

"Well, yeah sure, as long as trouble doesn't come looking for me," I say winking as I get up, turn and run out of the door.

What. The. Actual. F***.

Amelia's POV

I return to my dorm depressed. I've never, ever felt so guilty now that I haven't stood up for Aaron. I click my tongue and yank the door open barging into the dorm.

What is happening to you Air?

I freeze at the sight of a sleeping, hurt and shirtless Aaron.

I examine his black eye, split lips and big bruise under his ribs.

I gasp and rush to his bed as I feel like bursting with guilt at his sight.

I sigh and place my hand on his feeling my heart flutter, but he then grabs away his hand and props himself on his elbows looking at me with shock as his expression turned to pure anger as he furrowed his eyebrows.

He then looked to the other side his hair falling over his face.

I backed away immediately and stared at him.

He then layed back on his bed with his rubik's cube in his right hand. His fingers kept rotating and turning it with such speed I found myself speechless. But I knew that this was no good sign.

"So you're pissed," I said pissed. Haha we're both pissed.

Okay that wasn't funny.

"No," was his answer. "Leave."

I scoffed and looked at him.
"It's my dorm too, you know?"

Aaron rolled his eyes as he fixed his rubik's cube.

How does he do it?!

"I mean it, Amelia," he said throwing his cube and catching it.

"I mean it too, Aaron," I say frowning.

Aaron ran his left hand through his hair irritatedly.

"Is this about Xavier again?" I ask crossing my arms and Aaron stopped throwing his cube. His neck snapped in my direction as his piercing eyes dug holes through me.

"It is," I say pursing my lips.

"Why seem so pissed?" he said crossly putting his cube aside and getting up.

"Well, I'm actually very, very pissed!" I say placing my hands on my hips.

Aaron raised his eyebrows as if impressed.
"I don't think you've got the right to be even slightly pissed," he said coldly.

"And I don't think you've got the right to tell me what to or what not to get pissed off about!" I say angrily.

Aaron screws his eyes shut and runs his hand over his face.

"So you're angry. I get it. But I hope you've, if ever so, realized you didn't stand up for me," he said coldly.

"You don't need me," I lie shrugging.

"And Xavier needs you?" Aaron said hotly as he got up.

"Yes. Yes, he does! He just lost a brother! And his anger issues are getting worse!" I say not missing a beat as Aaron looked at me acutely surprised.

"I can't believe this!" he said loudly bringing a hand to his forehead. "I am freaking somniphobic! I definitely need you more!"

"No, Aaron. You've found your purpose in life! Let me help him!"

"I'm afraid I'm already losing it. My purpose," Aaron said looking down as his words hit me right in the gut as my heart sank to depths that knew no despair.

I shut up feeling numb.
"That's not true-"

"I'm losing it to a scumbag," he said disappointedly.

"You're not! Aaron cut the bullshit out!" I said feeling deeply hurt because I feel like I really f***ed up.

Why am I hurt now?!

"I can't! I just can't! Amelia, you know me! I'm very possessive over what's mine!"

I shut up. I really don't know how else to tell him that I'M NOT INTO XAVIER JACKOBSON! Yeah that's his name.

"Aaron, why don't you get it-"

"Get what?! That you stood up to an enemy?! That you're a traitor?!"

"An enemy? He was never an enemy! He's my best friend!"

"A best friend doesn't run around ruining their best friend's relationships!" Aaron said narrowing his eyes and I sighed heavily.

"It was a mistake! He regretted it! It was solely due to the fact that he has anger issues! Aaron he was jealous!" I said frowning at an aggressive Aaron.

"Here you go! You're defending him again!" he said pointing at me and I rolled my eyes.

"Aaron don't you trust me?!"

Aaron shut up, looked down and then back up.
"I'm not sure anymore," he said coolily and I felt my heart freeze from the coldness in his voice.

"Then we have nothing," I said pointing between us as I decided I couldn't keep up with his s*** anymore.

I turn to leave my blood boiling at his stupidity. He's going to ruin everything!
E V E R Y T H I N G.

I head to the door determined and hold the door knob,ready to leave, with the bobby pin in the other hand (Aaron taught me).

But I haven't finished my speech yet.

I turn to him angry at him accusing me that I'm not trustworthy and that Xavier's the b**** in this whole stupid situation.

"You! Do you wanna know why I stood up for Xav?" I say using Xavier's nickname to piss him off more, which worked. "Because he was worthy of it, unlike you! He did nothing wrong, but wait? How can Aaron let this pass without some drama?! So here he came and started hitting  Xavier for no reason! You didn't think of his dead brother. You didn't think of his anger issues that I made sure I told you about. You didn't think of how much he meant to me as a best friend.  You didn't think of anything, but yourself! And no matter how many times I tell you that I love you not Xavier, you would never really, really believe it! You won't trust me that I would never betray you or ever break you! You would simply let yourself think that low of me!" I stopped to wipe away some tears furiously as I looked at the heart-rending look on Aaron's face.

"Amelia, please-"

"I. Have. Heard. Enough," I said my fingers fumbling with the bobby pin.

"Thank you for trusting me," were my last words as I swung open the door and left a shaken Aaron behind.

---------------------

Aaron's POV

Oh god. Oh god. Oh god.

What did I just do? Oh no no no no. I place my hand on my heart feeling like the world was turning and turning around me. And I'm so lost.

I gasp for air as my chest tightened to an unbearable extent. I felt like I really did lose not only my purpose, but my whole life. Wanna know why? Cause I just watched the loss of the only spark of hope I ever had. And I'm so so sorry, myself.

I feel like I needed to break something or just simply destroy something eternally.

I just want to inflict pain.

I kick the foot of Amelia's bed in anger. I never hated myself for losing something like that before. I couldn't bear that.

I felt like I was having an
out-of-body experience. I could see a pathetic, bruised and beat up f***er walking. I was so ashamed of myself.

How dare I not be grateful for everything Amelia has given me?! She's given me a living soul when all I had was an alive one.

I gave up on kicking the bed's foot and sat on her bed feeling my eyes sting.

I never thought of crying as a guy's weakness. I thought of it as the only way to let go my grief when I didn't have something to break. Or someone to kill. Hahahaha.

No.

Well, I had neither.

I wipe away a few tears that trickled then got up feeling a strong headache come in.

No. It's not because of lack of sleep. I've been sleeping a total of four hours lately, which is great! It's because I know I've done something terribly wrong and I'll live to suffer from it.

--------------------

Amelia's POV

I don't know where to go and honestly I want some alone time.

It's just sometimes you would appreciate some alone time when the creatures around you won't understand what you feel and need most. Problem is the more I try to explain myself, the more I mess up the whole thing. So I decided to opt for isolating myself and griefing.

I turn left, right and several other lefts randomly. I hit into someone and let out a shriek of surprise.

I look at who stood there and gasped.

"Hello! Miss Cooper, again, am I right?" he said in his British accent. I couldn't quiet remember his name, but definitely remembered his unusual beard and mustache.

And pale blue eyes.

"Er-" I say feeling myself flush. S***, I really don't remember his name, but it surely did start with an 'L'. Leo? No. Leonardo? No that's the same thing, my brain screamed. Liam? OH YEAHHH!

"Dr.Liam? Hello!" I say awkwardly as he smiles.

"Well actually it's Dr.Isaac," he said as his eyes twinkled and I hoped the floor would swallow my ass up. "So I just met you a few hours ago, funny isn't it?"

I looked at him and laughed nervously.

"Would you fancy a coffee with me?" he said in such authority I was actually startled.

"A coffee?" I repeated thinking twice. "Okay. Sure," I said awkwardly and he smiled warmly.

"Well? Shall we?" he pointed towards the way I came from and I nodded as he walked and led the way.

We walked towards the staff area and I looked nervously at Dr.Isaac. We walked straight past the doors until we stopped infront of the the door which led to the café,  Aaron and I were caught in.

Dr.Isaac opened the door confidently and we both stepped into the café which was very similar to our food court except for that there were several round tables strewn all over the room.

Doctors were buzzing around the room. Some were talking, sitting, laughing, typing on their laptops and some were eating. I noticed Dr.Cherry smoking a cigarette along with another doctor I didn't know.

Dr.Isaac grabbed me to a table after ordering to coffees.

I smile anxiously not knowing the reason behind this.

He looked at me in deep focus  and then smiled.

"So, tell me Miss Cooper, do you like this place? I mean you know the services, the doctors, the food, the activities?" he asked as the coffee cups were placed infront of us by a waiter.

I looked at him not knowing why would he ask such a question. I mean why would he if he is a doctor himself?
I look at him awkwardly and then his eyes widen.

"Oh I forgot! I didn't introduce myself properly to you," he chuckled and then cleared his throat. "I'm Dr.Isaac Black, the head of this place."

I almost choke on my coffee as I straighten up and wipe my mouth.

Dr.Isaac smiled sweetly.
"It's okay, I'm not here to judge. I ran into you and I really wanted your opinion about this place. I'm new here, you know."

I nodded biting my lower lip.
"Umm... It's really great! I mean the food is good and healthy. Organic, I think-"

"Hey, hey, hey, I'm not asking you for a report," he said laughing. "Just tell me about life in your perspective."

"It's okay," I remember the s*** I've been through. "Doctors are great," I remember Dr.Cherry. "People here are very welcoming and warm." That wasn't a lie.

Dr.Isaac smiled and sighed.
"You see, I'm not liking how things go here. Like the doctors' schedules and the activities. I mean for instance, the talent show, I think it's unnecessary. So instead of spending the money on something like that. Why not have monthly trips?" he said indifferently sipping on his coffee.

Okay why the hell is he telling me this?

"Tell me Miss Cooper what's your problem? Who's your doctor? Who's your roommate? Tell me."

"I am schizophrenic. My doctor is Dr.Michael annd my rommate is Aaron Black," I say casually drinking my coffee.

Dr.Isaac's eyes widened as he put down his coffee.

"You're Aaron's roommate?" he asked amused.

I nodded shrugging.
"But his behavior has nothing got to do with me," I said jokingly and laughed as I remembered the morning's events.

He didn't laugh, but simply drank on his coffee.

I cleared my thraot awkwardly and sighed.

"Tell me about him," he said with a dreamy look on his face.

"He's somniphobic. He's nineteen. Previously known as the typical bad boy. His parents died when he was young. He suffered a lot. And-" I was about to say 'he loves me', but stopped and looked at Dr.Isaac. His eyes were so familiar.

Dr.Isaac beamed.
"How long have you guys been here? Together?"

"About three to four months," I say smiling and he finishes his coffee.

"Then he must've told you, didn't he?" he said smiling.

"Tell me what?" I ask confused. If Aaron had to tell me something, he definitely couldn't.

"You know, that I'm his half-brother," he said casually and I gasp.

"No way!" I say loudly and Dr.Isaac looked at me like I'm crazy.

"Well, I just knew myself. It was in his uncle's will."

I looked at him my mouth open as I thought how stupid I was! His eyes and British accent!

"Please stop staring at me. I know that we're alike, but you're grabbing the people's attention," he said solidly and I sunk back in my seat.

"Aaron's a good guy," is all I managed to say. Yeah it's cringe worthy.

Dr.Isaac smiled and shifted in his seat.
"He must be. He's my brother," he said proudly and I smiled.

"So you're liking it here?" he asked and I nodded still shocked.

"Why are you asking me? I mean why me?" I ask.

"No reason. I  pumped into you and I fancied a coffee with you," he shrugged. "I wanted to listen to a patient's point of view really."

"Well, at first I thought it'll be like an asylum. People walking like zombies. Stale food. Crappy rooms. Mean doctors. Barbaric methods. I don't know. I thought it'll be more of torture. I was really scared, but I learnt a lot. I saw people being their most vulnerable. They didn't suffer, no. They learnt how to acclimatize with their problem. It was very nice seeing people not giving up on themselves. I mean, it adds to your life's experience, even if I was a passenger in the same boat. It makes you always think that whatever you're suffering is minor in compared to others' problems.

"It makes me thankful. I mean imagine a person who can't sleep," I say thinking of Aaron. "They can't dream. They can only dwell on their traumatic past. It's like allowing yourself to self-destruct. Or imagine a person who can't mingle with other people simply because they're scared of rejection," I smile thinking of Ryan. "It's like you live in a whole new world, except for that you're all alone. And it's your mind that's isolating you. You would be forced to be your mind's best friend and you don't know that it's your fatal enemy. It's a tragedy, but we thrived. We all did," I say sighing as I swirled the last bit of my coffee before drinking it all up.

Dr.Isaac stared at me smiling.
"I can never feel you. Or how you suffered. Or how your friends did, but I'm sure you thrived. I really appreciate your talk with me and I'm sorry if I disturbed you from doing anything in particular."

"Oh no, not at all," I say beaming.

"Oh well great, let's leave then, I'll take you to your dorm," he said smiling.

"Oh no thank you, I can definitely manage on my own," I smile back and get up to leave.

"Oh and tell Aaron I said hi," he said from behind and I nodded before leaving the doctors' café.

Holy s***.

"Amelia, you know how much he loves you," Sam said sitting on Aaron's bed causing Dean to throw his shoe at him from the top of the closet.

"Hell no, girl! He's so wrong!" Dean said his mouth full of M&ms. "If he truly loved you, he'd respect your boundaries!"

I sit on the floor my back to my bed sighing. Today is Friday, which is also results day and a day from Aaron's bullshit, which we were currently discussing after ending up at Dean's door with tears in my eyes after self torture after talking to Dr.Isaac yesterday. Dean was so outraged he decided to actually 'sacrifice his Friday' for me after pocketing some M&ms packs from the activity room.

Yeah, he's love.

"Dude, if it isn't already obvious we're supposed to calm down the situation," Sam said rolling his eyes as he held Dean's shoe by the tips of his fingers.

"Dude, respect my f***ing shoe," Dean said throwing his other shoe at Sam who dodged it. Sam snarled and threw his shoe across the room.

"It f***ing stinks, dude," Sam said waving at his nose.

"Shush, don't insult it!"

"I'm insulting your feet!"

"Whoever insults my feet insults my shoes!"

"Dude, you don't defend me like you defend your shoe!"

"Well, you aren't converse," Dean said shrugging and Sam simply shut up and looked at me.

"Back to getting pissed at Aaron," I said rolling my eyes and Dean jumped off the closet.

"Honestly, Amelia. If I was in Aaron's place and I found you defending heatedly for another guy like Xav, I'd be pissed, but I was trying to be a good best friend," Dean said smiling sadly and I looked at him desperately.

"So this means I owe him an apology?!" I asked biting my lips.

"I guess so," Dean said sitting on my bed on my head's right.

"But he started it! He hit Xavier for no reason!"

"To protect you!" Sam added getting up from Aaron's bed and sitting on my bed on my head's left.

"Amelia, a guy wants to feel like he's the only one wanted. Like he's the only guy in the world. You have to kick Xav out of the picture," Dean said from above me as I started curling the carpet's hairs.

"No fair!" I say pouting and Sam pats me from above. "But he said he didn't trust me!"

"Ofcourse he trusts you!" Sam said consolingly.

"I agree with Sam. It's just in the heat of the moment he said something I am sure he regrets!" Dean said and I shook my head.

"What if he really meant it?" I asked worriedly.

"What if he really didn't mean it?" Sam said immediately.

"There are always several what ifs, but of all of us, deep down, you know what is the 'what if' question that you should be asking yourself!" Dean said playing with my hair. "Sam, don't be a b****!  Offer her some consolation!" I heard Dean say and I laugh.

"Hey! I did!" Sam protested surprised.

"Anyway, I was saying, you gotta be forgiving if this relationship is to secceed. Cause, hell Amelia, you're gonna fight so much more throughout! All you need is a forgiving self and an advicing, peaceful soul like me!" Dean boasted and I laughed as Sam sighed.

"Thank you Dean," I say looking up at his satisfied face and smiled.

"Ughh, shut up! Cause if you're expecting me to tell you 'oh no problem at aaaalllll cause that's what friends do', then hell naw!" he drawled and I laughed punching his knee.

"So you're not thanking me?" Sam said in a hurt voice.

"Well, you didn't earn it," Dean said as  matter of factly and I turned to Sam and grinned.

"Thank you too, Sammy," I say playfully and he sticks his tongue out to Dean.

"Okay! Therapy time is over!" Dean said getting up and looking at the clock. "The movie's gonna start in ten minutes and it's GUYS NIGHT!" he exclaimed shooting his hand out for me to help me up from the floor.

"What are we watching anyway?" Sam asked.

"HARRY FRICKING POTTER AND THE GOBLET OF FIRE!" he said loudly.

"Oh god! Danielle Radcliffe!" I say excitedly which earned me double death glares from the two brothers.

"You have no appreciation to the beauty of the tale!" Dean said horrified.

"That's right," Sam said nodding and pointing at Dean.

I laughed and yanked open the door. Ryan Dean and Sam followed.

----------

We enter the activity room and I get immediately engulfed into a hug. Judging by her blonde hair and shortness, I could tell it was definitely Syd.

"It's Harry Potter movie night!" she sequeled enthusiastically.

I nod smiling as I scan the room for Aaron until I find him in a hammock talking to a girl in the hammock next to him. I felt my blood boil and turned back to Syd who was now scowling at Dean.

"I absolutely despise Draco Malfoy," Dean said loudly and proudly.

"Don't. You. Dare!" Syd said shocked.

"He's fugly!" Dean said teasingly.

"Tom Felton is NOT fugly! You are!"

"Sydney!" someone called and all our hands snapped in the caller's direction.

Faith.

"Hello Faith!" I say smiling as I hugged her.

"Hey Amelia!" she then turned to Dean. "Where have you been Ryan Dean?!" she said and Dean smirked.

"I was with Sam. We were having some brother time," he said looking at Sam who was sucking a lollipop. (ehem lollipop not anything else)

Faith nodded then smiled as she brushed Dean's hair off his eyes. Dean grinned at her as his eyes twinkled.

"Okay, we get it. You're cute. Now stop being cheesy!" Sam said looking at Cecilia who was sleeping in a hammock.

"It's not like we're making out," Dean said rolling his eyes. "But if you want us to, I mean-"

"No thanks. The washrooms are right next to us. Take your girlfriend and do whatever you want," Syd said disgustingly and Faith turned red.

"I don't need no washroom. One hammock would do all the magic. And I'm up to rounds," Dean said winking at Faith who punched him playfully as we all displayed our disgust as Sam simply walked away muttering 'I don't even know that creature'.

"Okay, it's time to on the movie!! Draco Malfoy, here I come!" Syd said as Faith squealed.

"Oh god! I love Draco!" she explained to me as a look of utter horror was scribbled on Dean's face.

"Oh come on!" Dean muttered exasperatedly as Faith frowned and I left not wanting to witness another Draco-love-and-love-not fight.

I sat next to Sydney who sat next to Josie.
"Hello Josie!" I greeted her and she grinned.

"Hello Amelia! How've you been?!" she asked and I smiled weakily.

"Great!"

"And how's Aaron?"

I glanced at Aaron who was still engrossed in conversation with the girl with a familiar face. I saw her before and I knew it!

"Yeah, he's moving on!" I said not clarifying to myself what exactly he's moving on at.

Josie nodded as Syd started setting up the projector. I then glanced at Aaron again who looked sad. He wasn't talking to the girl anymore, but was looking straight ahead as his hammock swinged.

I sighed and glanced at Dean who shared a hammock with Faith. Umm, no. They weren't doing anything particularly suspicious except for holding hands. Sam and Cecilia, who apparently woke up, sat on a huge, fluffy green pillow as they talked.

I smiled at them adoringly. They were perfect.

Syd started the movie and soon enough we were all mesmerized by it. Except for Aaron who looked away and I who kept looking at Aaron.

----------

Aaron's POV

After breakfast, I couldn't handle sitting next to Amelia without holding her hand under the table or drinking her cup of coffee and then getting scolded by her.

I was beyond sad. I was griefing and it was terrible. I went to the clinic yesterday after lunch and asked for a cream for my black eye. I was all fine until after dinner when I decided it would be a great idea to apologize to Amelia for what I did, but she didn't turn up at the dorm.

I broke out and started looking for her and that's when I saw her. She was sitting all alone in the food court (after everyone left ofcourse, duh) crying her eyeballs out. It hit me right in the gut that I've caused her that much of pain. I stayed there and watched her squeeze on my chair's handle and cry. My heart broke for her and I couldn't stand myself at all.

She then got up and I hid. She left the food court and I followed her. So many times, she turned to look behind her, but I was quick enough to hide.

Then there she was knocking at Sam's door, who opened to her and hugged her in.

I sighed sadly and decided that I should appear and tell her how sorry I was, but the door slammed shut against me and I was left all alone in the hall. All I can tell you is I couldn't sleep at all that night.

When I first stepped into the activity room today, I made sure to scan the room for her every once in a while because I decided to leave before everyone.

She usually turned up in thirty minutes, but I knew she was late. I was about to get up to look for her when someone called my name and I turned finding Simone behind me. She gave me an overall look and immediately knew what was up.

She told me to stay on hammocks and talk. And so I did and I needed it. She thought that me being jealous was cute, but I found it irritating and a reason for grotesque crime. She said Amelia had a point and I was wrong because I was 'aggressive'.

AGGRESSIVE MY ASS! I WAS GONNA F*** HIM UP! HE WAS JUST ONE STEP CLOSER TO MURDER AND HE WAS GONNA BE THE VICTIM.

I try to calm my ass down. Them girls don't understand s***! When I saw her with Xavier I felt like it's me or him or the world and it only goes down with a f***ed up fight.

And I had to win.

I looked around and my eyes caught her entering with Ryan and Sam. I looked away immediately feeling her eyes divert to me and started talking to Simone.

I felt terrible doing this, but I really hope she remembers Simone and who she is to me. Only a friend.

I then looked back at her and found her watching an argument between Sydney and Ryan. I stared into the emptiness infront of me and sighed.

I am so disappointed that Xavier's not here. I mean we'd have a man to man talk. Uh, ofcourse I'll tell him some cheerful ass words and console him! All he gotta do is disappear out of her life.  That's all.

Come on, I couldn't be more generous! I spared his f***ing life!

They start the movie, but I'm too distracted by my thoughts to focus on what really is happening in Harry Potter's f***ed up life. I decided I needed a nap, knowing that someone who really matters is watching me.

I wake up finding everyone roaming around. Seems like the movie ended. I sit up feeling my head hazy. I yawn looking around me.

Amelia isn't here. My heart beats faster from disappointment. I wanted to talk to her and apologize.

Needed to.

I look around again. I feel a hand on my shoulder and flinch immediately turning around to face a shocked looking Xavier.

I get up immediately and size him up. He had a black eye and swollen lips. I smirk satisfiedly.

Did he come searching for trouble?

I take a deep breath and approach him dangerously, but he won't even flinch.

"Aaron, man, I'm not here to fight. Cause if you really want to go for it, then go ahead," he says opening his arms and raising his eyebrows.

I narrow my eyes at him and clench my fists, but then I remember 'how much he means' to Amelia. I take a step back and he lowered his arms.

Xavier then adjusted his leather jacket and looked at me wearily.
"Let's make this clear. I'm not a threat to you. I'll never be and honestly," he said monotone, "I don't wanna. Not because of anything, but Amelia. She wouldn't like that."

I bite my tongue, giving him my signature smirk.
"I can still always beat your ass," I say not missing a beat.

"And I'm always ready," was his c***y ass reply.

I shifted and he looked at me challengingly.

"I thought you weren't here to fight," I said raising my eyebrows.

"I'm not, but I'll always defend myself and my rights. Even if it meant a fight," Xavier said smugly and I gritted my teeth.

"You shouldn't consider this as a threat," I said crossing my arms. "but if you talk to or see Amelia again, I'll f*** you up, Xavier. And you know it. No pressure," I said shoving my hands in my empty pockets. Yeah, I didn't get M&ms today.

Xavier smirked.
"She's my best friend," he said teasingly and I rolled my eyes.

"I. Don't. Care," I said emphasizing on each word.

"But she does," he drawled smiling,  looking down.

I clenched my fists, but decided that that was what Xavier wants.

To get to me.

And I wasn't going to satisfy him.

"That's true," I said smirking. "Ofcourse she cares. She's a beautiful soul and cares about everyone. That's one of many reasons why I love her," I say as the colour drains from his face.

Xavier then smirks disheartened.

Serves you right, b****.

"We all do," he said faintly and I gnawed on my inner cheeks.

"Yeah," I said smirking.

"Yeah," he repeated and smiled. He turned to leave.

"Oh, send your dead brother my regards," I drawl.

I wanna feel his heart bleed.

He stopped dead in his tracks and I smirked. He then turned to me with tears in his eyes.

I felt my heart sink sadly, but I smirked smugly. And for a fleeting second I felt like a b****, but then I remembered Amelia. I shifted uncomfortably as my core shook.

I knew how it felt to lose family. He must be hurt. I shake my head from the terrible thought and smirk.

Xavier then left walking away quickly out of the activity room. I scan the room again, but no one was there.

I head to the basket next to the fluffy pillows and grab ten M&ms packs.

That's how I Black s***.

"Syd, you are so mean! How could you?" Faith said laughing who sat next to a guffawing Dean.

"Well, he was my little brother! He was so annoying! Hey-" she pointed at Josie who scoffed. "I'm serious! I was texting my friend before he grabbed the phone out of my hands! That's annoying as f***! He thought it was funny to have me running after his little ass around the house. So I held him by his shirt's collar and threw him across the room. I'm surprised he has survived without injuries!"

"Dude, I hope I had siblings!" I say dreamily thinking of how great that'd be. Having tiny Amelias popping from everywhere.

"Oh no, be careful what you wish for now won't you?" Sam said looking at Dean with an annoyed look.

"He's right," Cecilia said sadly and I nodded. I mean I couldn't blame her. After all, her siblings were one of the reasons behind her disease.

We were currently in Faith's dorm who turned out to be Luka's roommate. Luka was out tonight and so we decided it was cool being here. It was seven pm and we were discussing the importance of siblings.

I cross my legs and watch Sam pick an eyelash from Cecilia's face. Yup, we were sitting in a circle.

"So Cecilia, how many siblings do you have?" Dean asked and Sam winced. It was a sensitive topic for her.

Cecilia was surprised by the question, but then she smiled faintly and faced Ryan.

"I have five siblings. Four girls and one boy. Alex is za oldest. He is a doctor. He is also my favorite sibling," she said smiling and I nodded.

Where was he when she had suffered?

"That's alot! Your parents should've tried birt-"

"Ryan Dean!" Sam and Sydney blurted.

"Sorry, just had to say it,"  Dean said effortily as he tried to suppress his laughter. Cecilia seemed lost and thankfully didn't understand.

"What did you say, Dean? I did not understand at-" Cecilia started, but someone knocked on the door.

All our heads snapped in its direction as Faith got up and opened the door.

"Dr.Marcus!" she exclaimed and I immediately recognized him as one of the judges. My heart raced remembering that today was results day.

I get up blindly and kick Dean in the process who yelped.

"Are the results out, yet?!" I asked feeling my heart in my throat.

He adjusted his glasses then smiled.
"Yes. You need to head to the auditorium now as a matter of fact for its declaration."

I gasped and Dr.Marcus smiled before leaving.

I look back at everyone desperately.
"We need to go now!" I say urgently and Dean immediately jumps up.

"Alright, get up fat asses. We need to leave now," Dean says quickly and everybody gets up slowly still shocked. "No no. That's not gonna work. We need speed," Dean calls and everybody started picking up their stuff quickly.

I jump up and down in my place as I feel the adrenaline rushing in my blood.

Soon enough we were all running in the halls with Dean occasionally shouting some insults.

"Oh no. Not time to hold hands Sam and Cecilia!"

"Josie for goodness's sake, stop stepping on my shoe! Has the hair falling on your eyes blinded you?!"

"Syd I know your legs are short, but honey you gotta keep up!" Sydney flashed him her middle finger and I laughed despite myself.

"Amelia, calm your tits!" he said and I turned to glare at him. "We're gonna be there soon! It's just that you had to chose Faith's dorm which is the farthest from the auditorium!" he said and I ignored him as I kept running.

Soon enough we were infront of the auditorium's door. From the sound of it,  it seems like it already started. I looked at Dean desperately, but he immediately yanks the door open.

The seats were all full except for a few which were scattered all around which Dean motioned for us to fill.

I ended up miraculously next to Dean.

"So as usual we have three winners who will be given a luxurious three days trip to a resort in Venice! I just want to say something really quick before I declare what we've all been waiting for. For all those who participated, you should know you're all winners whether or not you end up back on this stage again as one of the winners, because you've defeated a part in you that screamed a 'NO' in your head. For those who haven't participated, I really hope you become one of the winners in one of the years! As a cured patient, you might say easy for me to say, but I know how it felt being a patient cowering in the shadow of my monster. My disease for six years. And here I am telling you that it's going to be alright!" he said smartly as his blonde hair glistened in the spotlight.

"I know that all the contestants are sitting here probably shaking from anticipation. But who isn't?! So let me not make it harder for you and declare the results already," he said and I immediately clutched Dean's hand and he smiled warmly.

"It's gonna be okay," he whispered rubbing his thumb over my hand.

"So let's quickly remember our contestants! Cecilia the artist and her assistant Sydney who both surprised us by drawing the moon in the sky. Zedd and his unique, electrical dance. Angelina who imitated Dr.Cherry. Brenda who surprised us by singing 'Rolling in the Deep' by Adele. And finally Aaron and Amelia who danced beautifully! Now that we know who is participating, I'll declare the results now." I take a deep breath and look at Dean who gave me a reassuring smile.

"First position goes to," the presentor paused looking through the crowd as my heart beated wildly. "CECILIA AND SYDNEY!! Please come up on stage!" I could see both of them climb up the stage as the crowd applaused wildly.

There's still hope.
There's still hope.
There's still hope.

"Second position goes to BRENDA and ZEDD! YES WE GOT A TIE!!" the crowd breaks into an applause as my heart sink in disappointment.

"There's still hope, Amelia," I hear Dean say from next to me as I nod unconsciously.

"Third position, finally, goes to," the presentor paused and I was sitting at the edge of my seat. "AARON AND AMELIA! Please come on stage."

I looked at Dean in disbelief, before reality hit me and I started screaming in happiness. I did it!

We did it!

I make my way to the stage excitedly stumbling many times before finally reaching there with Dr.Cherry behind me grinning.

I look for Aaron through the crowd. I see someone standing up and walking, but on a closer look, that guy was blond.

I get up on the stage still trying to spot Aaron.

"Aaron Black, please come to the stage!" the presentor kept repeating before turning to me.

"Do you know where he is?" he asked me as a lump formed in my throat.

He didn't come.

I shake my head slowly as I feel disappointment seep in.

"He's not here, is he?" the presentor asked and I nodded slowly. The presentor raised his eyebrows surprisedly and then he turned to the crowd.

"Apparently, Aaron Black isn't available at the moment, but he is sure still one of the winners! Now, the trip starts on Monday. You gotta prepare yourselves tomorrow and I really hope you'll enjoy your time! Once again congratulations! By this, this year's talent show ends! Thank you everyone!" the presentor then exits the stage as I still stare into the crowd hoping Aaron would pop out of anywhere at anytime.

This meant a lot to me and he wasn't there to celebrate.

I bite my tongue feeling my eyes sting, but before I gave myself the chance to cry, I was engulfed by a big group hug.

"You did it!" I heard Dean say.

"We did it! Yayyy!" I heard Syd say as Cecilia clapped.

"Congrats!" I heard Sam say.

But all those voices were a blur in the deafening echoes of disappointment that filled my ears.

"Amelia?! Amelia are you okay?! Earth to Amelia!" I snapped my neck to the direction of the talker. Dean.

"Dean," I say feeling my heart bleed.

"Are you crying?" he said in a low voice so no one would hear. Thankfully they were all engaged in conversation.

"No. My eyes are, uh, just tearing up. The lights," I say forcily pointing at the stage lights. and Dean shook his head sadly.

"I'm sorry, he didn't turn up," he said and I pursed my lips.

"It's not your fault," I say quietly feeling like my heart was about to burst.

Dean tsked and sighed.
"Talk to me Amelia."

I looked in his eyes and then immediately found myself uttering a whimper.

"It's just- it's just that this meant so much to me-" I hiccough. "And he wasn't there! He m-meant the-" Hiccough. "He just meant the world for me and-and I miss him. So very much."

I cry openly now placing a hand on my chest where there was this non-stop pang.

Dean wraps an arm around me as I buried my face in his shirt. He didn't say anything, but kept patting my hair.

I pull away wiping away my tears with shaky hands. I look around, but no one was there. They all apparently left.

"Amelia, we have to go," Dean said sadly and I nodded walking, leading the way.

-----------

Aaron's POV

I feel like s***. I didn't want to say that. But Xavier pushed me. I layed down back in the hammock pissed at myself.

Now I really owe him an apology.

I run my hand over my face and sigh.

"Anyone here?!" a woman's voice said and I turned my head in her direction.

Dr.Cherry. I smirked at her and sat up.

"Yes," I say and she rolls her eyes.

"Why are you here?" she said as if I was the dumbest creature on Earth.

I frowned.
"Because it's a Friday?!"

"And it's also results day. Get your ass to the auditorium now. They'll declare the results," she said importantantly.

"Is it?!" I say getting up my heart jumping out of my chest.

"Yeah," she said rolling her eyes again.

I immediately get up and head to the door.

I run down the halls and then yank the auditorium's door open and step into the auditorium.

My eyes look frantically everywhere.

Where you at Amelia?

I find a place right infront me and immediately sit down. The presentor starts the introduction and I tap my feet nervously.

I hear the door opening and my head snaps in its direction as Amelia and Ryan step in. I quickly look in the other direction not wanting her to notice me.

Amelia walked right past me before taking the seat next to the guy next to me.

I calmed my breathing as the presentor proceeded.

We didn't get first or second position, but we secured the third position! I was jubilant! I wanted to take Amelia in my arms and congratulate her! I wanted to be with her!

God, I wanted to be happy again.

But we don't talk to each other.

We don't. And I don't want to burden her with my presence. She deserves being happy. Even if it meant my heart break.

I see her pass past me jumping happily heading to the stage.

Oh she's so precious.

I watch her get up the stage and I get up my hand on the door's knob.

I watch Dr.Cherry get on the stage happily as Amelia kept looking through the crowd. I immediately opened the door and left.

She can't see me. She needs to be happy.

I return to the dorm feeling satisfied with what I've done. I slam the door shut and sigh wearily.

Amelia won't probably turn up here tonight. She'll be at Sam's.

I walk to her bed and look at it longingly. I miss her.

I sit on her bed and clutch my head. I didn't sleep yesterday. I sigh heavily and lay down on her bed closing my eyes.

Goodnight Amelia. I love you.

------------

Amelia's POV

"It's okay Dean. It's okay. You can go," I say for the millionth time.

"But you're soo messed up! You need me! That's what best friends do!" he said as we reached Sam's dorm where they were apparently celebrating Cecilia's and Syd's win.

"You go and celebrate. I really need to sleep Dean. You can't do anything to me. Thank you," I say wearily.

"Are you sure?" Dean said sighing with concern all over his face.

"Ofcourse I am!" I say trying to sound cheerful.

"Oh I'm sure you're not," he said and I smiled weakily.

"I said it was okay, Dean. I really appreciate your concern, but I'm okay!"

"Don't you need anything? A hug? A kiss?" he said teasingly and I smiled. "Go for it!" he said.

I opened my arms awkwardly and he stepped closer and wrapped his arms around me.

"It's gonna be okay Amelia," he said and I nodded hoping I won't burst into tears. "It just wasn't your day."

I sigh heavily and sniff.

"When has it ever been my day?" I say sadly and Dean pats my back.

"Then it's coming up! You've got something to look forward to!" he said hopefully.

Dean pulled away and pushed back my hair.
"Yeah," I say as I straighten up and glance at my dorm's door. "Thank you, Dean. Thank you so much."

"No problem," he said and I smile. "Ughhh leeaaaveee!"

I punch him in his arm before pecking his cheek and entering my dorm.

I shut my eyes and feel my emotions f***ing themselves up. I open my eyes and switch on the lights. I gasp.

He's sleeping on my bed. I take a deep breath and turn to leave. I open the door slowly and exit the room silently.

I slam my back to the wall trying to calm down my breaths.

What brought him here?

I slide down the wall and sigh. Seems to me it'll be a long, lonely night.

I shut my eyes and stretch my legs.

-----
"Amelia? Amelia!" a voice wakes me up and I snap my eyes open. "What are you doing here?!"

"Xavier?" I say rubbing my eyes. "Oh my god, what time is it?!" I say shocked that I actually slept over here.

"It's three am!" he said shocked and I sat up.

"Three am?" I say getting up.

"What are you doing here?" he asked again.

"I don't know," I answer honestly. I really don't. I sigh and he raises his eyebrows lowering his hood. "You really should cut your hair," I say diverting the conversation to him.

He ran his fingers through his hair.
"Should I?" he asked and I nodded slowly.

"It makes you look like an addict. Especially with the facial hair, eyeliner and tattoos," I say smiling.

He shrugs and smiles faintly.
"And also clip your nails," I say glancing at his blackened nails.

"I haven't looked in the mirror for a -uh- while?" he said and I nodded sadly.

"How have you really been?" I asked concerned.

"Besides the fact that I lost my older brother, I'm grand!" he says weakily and I raise my eyebrows.

"You've had it hard for a while," I say pushing back his black hair from his eyes.

He smirks and shrugs.

"That's life," he says simply.

"It is," I say feeling disappointed.

"Oh by the way! Congrats for the talent show! Wow!" he said and I grinned.

"Thanks, Xav. I really appreciate it," I say and he sighs. "I want you to tell me what's happening in your life. Forget about me. Talk to me," I say smiling.

His looks at me with a smile on his face, but then a shadow of regret and horror crosses his face. He looks down and then shakes his head.

"What?" I say smiling.

He shakes his head again as his smile falters and my heart falls.

"I can't. I cannot," he said sighing.

"You can't?" I say scoffing. "And why can't you, mister?"

"Amelia, I'm being serious. I can't talk to you ever again as a matter of fact," he said his eyes poring into mine. Pleading to stay, but yet can't.

"Why not? We talked about that!" I say feeling slightly angry. "Staying away from me isn't going to make it any bett-"

"It isn't about that," he said and I frowned.

"What do you mean?" I say feeling my heart beat rise in anger.

"You don't want to know-"

"I know what I want to know!" I say tightening my pony tail.

Xavier looks at me with a desperate look in his eyes.

"This is for the best I swear-"

"No! Tell me now!" I say scared of the answer.

"I was having a conversation with Aar-"

"Aaron. It's him, isn't it?" I say feeling my hands shake.

Xavier looks shocked and his eyes widened.

I roll my hands into fists and take a deep breath.

"Why even listen to him?! He's no right-"

"Amelia," Xavier breathes and I frown. "It's only because he loves you. And I don't want to be the thing that'll ruin the beautiful thing between both of you-"

I look at him in disbelief.

"You can't be serious!" I say loudly and Xavier shuts his eyes. "XAVIER YOU'RE MY BEST FRIEND! WHATEVER AARON THINKS IS SIMPLY STUPID! I am so sorry you got involved in this-" I was then interrupted by the opening of the door next to me.

I started before Aaron stepped out mouth wide open into the hallway.

"What the fu-" he stops and gasps looking up at us. I had my hands on my hips and Xavier had his fingers in his hair with a shocked look on his face.
"Amelia? Xavier?" he says as his eyes widened. He then closes his mouth and pushes back his straight dark brown hair.

"Amelia?" he repeats and I frown.

"Why did you wake up?! Go back to sleep! I don't want to see your face!" I say.

"You don't mean that-" he starts.

"I. DO."

"Guys please calm down!" Xavier says effortly, but Aaron has already taken a threatening step towards him. I immediately stand between them, my hands protecting Xavier.

Aaron's eyes widen as his face becomes pale.

"Get lost, Aaro-"

"No!" Xavier said pushing me away and stepping infront of Aaron. He then turns to me. "I don't need you to stand up for me, Am."

Aaron smirks.

"Man. She loves you not me!" he says his voice hoarse.

Aaron glances at me the blue of his eyes swimming in tears. He looks back at Xavier and his eyes soften.

"I'M. NOT. HERE. TO. FIGHT!" he says exasperatedly as his eyes burn holes in mine. "I came here to face reality," he says quietly as his eyes land on Xavier. "I'm not here to account you for what happened or will happen. I'm here to accept. Just hear me out and then do whatever you wish."

I look at his pleading eyes and feel weak. I don't speak.

"I love you, Amelia. I'm saying this for the millionth time. I know you know," he said as his voice thickened as he stared at me. "I've been unfair to you. I admit it. I don't deserve you. I also admit it. I've made so many mistakes. And one of them is not trusting you. It's not because you're bad, no!" he added quickly, "It's just because I was scared for you. I know it was stupid and unnecessary drama. But it's just-just because you're so precious to me. I can't afford to lose you. But I want you to make the choice. I'm not gonna force you anymore."

"You weren't," I whisper to myself, but he didn't hear. Xavier did though as he turned to me smiling.

"I just want to rest that part of me. Hope. It's devastating. So if you love him," he said as his breath hitched. "Go for him and I'm okay. I mean, I'll eventually be okay. But don't lie to me. And more importantly," he paused wiping away some tears. "-never lie to yourself. An-and," he stopped and my heart sank. "-if this ends," he said as tears spill from his eyes. "Can we still be friends? B-best friends?"

My heart broke and I felt my eyes tear up.

Aaron then looks at me with red eyes as Xavier stepped next to me.

I stared at Aaron still processing what he said. Oh my god what did he think? He thought I hated him.

"Amelia please don't be harsh by delaying your answer," he said impatiently putting on his hood with shaky hands.

I look at him again breathing hard.

"How could you?!" I start and Aaron shifts. "How dare you think that I hated you?!" I say my voice shaking. "I love you, Aaron! Aaron, I can't live without you! Aaron, oh my God. You have no idea how much I love you! And if you being overprotective is your flaw, I'll take it! I'll accept it! I never want this to end! Ever! Oh my god, I don't want to live to this day! I can't!"

He looks at Xavier immediately.
"Xavier, man, I'm sorry for being a dick with you. You don't deserve it man. But sometimes anger clouds my judgment on who should I really flip on. Man, I'm so sorry about what I told you yesterday. About your brother," he pauses as Xavier's smile faltered, "It was insensitive of me. I can't forgive myself for it, because I know how it feels to lose family. I'm so sorry."

Xavier looks at Aaron in shock. He then nods.
"But I already did send him your farewell," he said looking sharply at Aaron and I frowned not understanding. "That shouldn't hurt me. After all, he is dead."

"Man, it was harsh-"

"In the moment? It sounded harsh as f***, but after processing it. It's reality," he said monotone. "I forgive you, Aaron."

Aaron looked reliefed a bit and shut his eyes for a second before opening it again and then opening his arms to hug Xavier who looked first shocked, but then relaxed in the hug.

Xavier then pulled away and limped back.
"That girl over there," he said looking at Aaron and pointing at me. "Is all over you. I'm just her friend. I'm sorry for all the s*** I've put both of you in. I'm really sorry, man. I was a dick too, especially when she told me about her feelings towards you. I was reckless and selfish. I was angry."

Aaron opens his mouth, but Xavier stops him and smiles. Xavier then turned to smile to me before leaving.

I looked at his back until he turned a corner and he disappeared out of sight.

I looked at Aaron who looked at me with relief as his eyes softened as tears fell down his cheeks.

"Why are you crying now?" I ask softly feeling my heart flutter.

"My heart is aching me," he says and I step closer to him. "So much pain," he says taking my left hand in his. "God Amelia I missed you."

I smile faintly as I wipe his tears with my right hand. He then snaps his neck backward then looks at me with hair over his eyes.

"Take this pain for me," he said in a husky voice and I push back his hair as I wrap my arms around his neck. He looks me in my eyes and calms down his breathing. I bring my forehead to his and he closes his eyes.

"I love you, Aaron," I murmur and he smiles.

"I wanna sleep," he replies and I grin.

"Let's go then," I say removing away my forehead and he nods.

We both enter the dorm and Aaron immediately sits on my bed. I follow him and lay down on my bed.

"Oh I forgot," he said looking at me. "We won. Congrats!" he said and I nodded.

"Why weren't you there, Aaron?" I say.

"Because I wanted you to be happy. You weren't talking to me, remember?" he sad  slowly.

"But how come I'll be happy without you?"

"You wanted me to come?" he asked shocked.

"Ofcourse! I wanted you to be there next to me. Even if we didn't talk. It just shows you cared enough."

"I didn't know it mattered to you that much," he says beaming.

"Ofcourse it did! Aaron when someone succeeds they'll always want the people they love right next to them. It makes you feel happy!" I say looking at him as he layed down next to me propping himself on his elbow.

"No one ever cared like you do," he said cautiously and I take the hand he's holding his head with in my hand so his head hit the pillow.

"I'll always care unconditionally. I'll always be there to love you, okay? Now you really should sleep, love."

Aaron nods slowly placing his head on my neck as his hair stung my face. He wrapped his arms around me and I felt my heart flutter.

"Sleep tight, Air," I murmur and he lands a kiss on my neck.

"I'll never ever let you go again Amelia Cooper. I promise," was the last thing he murmured before he closed his eyes and started snoring softly.

----------

"OH FINALLY!!!!" a voice screamed and I snapped open my eyes finding Ryan Dean standing at the foot of the bed.

I immediately glanced at Aaron who was still deep asleep on my neck with his mouth open.

I groan and Aaron shifts before snapping open his eyes.

"Ryan?" he says sitting up and I follow suit.

"Aha! Get up sleepyheads, breakfast is almost over. I mean it's not you to come after us or to be generally late," he said happily.

"Is it?" Aaron says in a thick voice and Dean nods.

Aaron then gets up and heads to the washroom after nudging Dean with his elbow.

"What the f*** happened in the few hours I've been missing in? Damn I missed the drama!" he said and I giggled. "What happened?"

"I went to the dorm finding him already there-"

"So he decided to apologize and kissed you dearily?" he said excitedly and I shook my head.

"I left the dorm-"

"Oh my god why?! That would've been the best scenario!"

"That's what happened. I went outside and had a nap at the outside of the door accidentally-"

"Then he came out and sympathized with you. Then he apologized and kissed you dearily?" he said and I chuckled.

"No. Xavier found me-"

"Oh f***. Didn't see that coming," he said and I rolled my eyes.

"He told me about Aaron not allowing him to talk to me and s***-"

"Uh that's cute-"

"Oh no, not cute. I shouted at Xavier for obeying Aaron's demands and s***-"

"Aaron woke up and found you two fighting-"

"We weren't fighting, but yeah, he woke up-"

"He then apologized and kissed you dearily?"

"Ugh wait for it! He then told me about how he would like me to make a choice between him and Xav-"

"S***! Ofcourse you chose him! Then he apologized and kissed you dearily?" he said and I smiled.

"Yeah he apologized and we went to sleep," I said simply.

"He didn't kiss you dearily?" he said and I laughed.

"What does it matter?" I say teasingly and he sighed.

"You have no appreciation to tiny details!" he said and I laughed again.

"Damn, Amelia, when did that s*** happen?!" he said and I shrugged.

"Three am?" I say and he slaps his forehead.

"Ofcourse I didn't hear!" he said himself. "The party at our dorm was until breakfast time. I mean no one even slept. Except for Faith and Sam. They couldn't stay up."

I gasped and looked at him.
"Oh god!"

"But that ofcourse means that I won't be there for lunch or dinner," he said yawning and I shook my head.

Aaron then came out of the washroom with a towel wrapped around his waist. Dean then clapped his hands over my eyes and I laughed.

"Stop!" I said laughing.

"Hell is empty and all the devils are here!" he said in a demonic voice and I laughed again. "Okay, now you can see."

Aaron was pulling over his navy blue polo shirt and I smiled at him before getting into the washroom.

-------------

After breakfast or shall I say the last fifteen minutes of breakfast, Aaron and I returned to the dorm after saying our good-byes to the rest of the squad.

Aaron layed down on his bed and I sat on the floor on the carpet my back to his bed.

"So since we will start dating tomorrow," he said and I turned to him. "Can you tell me about you?"

"About me? Like what?"

"Like your favourite food. Hobbies. Books?"

I look back and smile to myself.
"Well, I love okra. I also love dancing, ofcourse you know. My favorite book is -uh- that's difficult, but I'll go for Ignite me from the Shatter me trilogy. What about you?"

"Well, I love all food. Starting from coakcroaches- you know they eat them in Asia. Also I love dancing and basketball. I love all Stephen King's books. Especially Thinner," he said yawning.

"I once read one of his books, but it was -uh - not my forté really. Carrie, I guess was the name."

"Oh no you didn't. If you insulted one of his books, you insult me! I mean it's beautiful with blood and original ideas. I mean I was reading The Fault in Our Stars and all the kissing and moushing is just gross! I prefer blood and zombies! To make matters worse, you watched the movie!"

"Hey you just didn't insult one of my favourite couples!" I said turning to him. "They were beautiful!"

Aaron rolled his eyes and opened his mouth, but there were three light taps on the door and I immediately knew who it was.

Dr.Michael.

Aaron and I shared glances before shrugging as I got up, sat on my bed and shouted for him to come in.

Dr.Michael then opened the door and came in with two small travel bags which he placed next to the door.

"Good afternoon, Miss Cooper and Mr.Black," he said smiling as he went and sat next to Aaron, much to Aaron's dislike. "How have you all been?"

"Good, I guess," I say.

"Awesome," Aaron said and I smiled at him.

"So congrats for the talent show!"

I nodded flushing.

"I knew we were gonna win, anyway," Aaron said smugly as Dr.Michael smiled adoringly at him and ruffled his hair. Aaron then grimaced as he fixed back the hair that fell on his face.

"I must say the performance was amazing. Anyway, I'm here to talk to you about what will be happening for the next three days. So tomorrow at six o'clock, you will be collected by your responsible doctor, namely Dr.Cherry. You'll ride a bus out of here to the airport, where your flight will be at eight am to Venice. I'm sorry that all of the winners will be sharing one room in the hotel. Don't worry, it's huge, though.

"There will be a program that you'll be following from eight am every morning to eight pm. After that you're free to do what you want only after informing your doctor or any doctor if Dr.Cherry isn't there. You'll be having breakfast and dinner in the hotel, but lunch will always be out. Make sure to make as much memories as you can. In those bags over there," he said pointing at the small travel bags he brought in.

"There is a camera where you can take pictures and get it printed. You don't need to pack much except for your medicines and other personal belongings that you might need-"

"M&MS!" Aaron yelled excitedly and I rolled my eyes.

"There are M&ms in Venice, Aaron," Dr. Michael said and I laughed. "Anyway, I was saying, there will be clothes in the hotel that corresponds to each event. So don't pack clothes. When you are there you must not forget to take your medicines if you are to leave by this Thursday, because I'm really proud to say that both of you have made great progress to help yourselves and others. Like Ryan Dean and Sam will be released by Saturday. Cecilia will be released by next Sunday and Faith in a week!

"We usually make our patients who have been cured give a speech in front of the other patients to encourage them and all. So after the trip, you'll have only one day to prepare your speeches which you'll be reciting infront of the head of this place, Dr. Isaac. So it has to be well written and finished.

"When you leave, your mom will come and pick you up," he said looking at me and I almost barfed. There's no way she'll be coming in the first place, never mind picking me up. "-and Dr.Isaac said he'll contact your uncle."

My head immediately snapped to Aaron, whom I knew his uncle was dead and that Isaac was his brother. They'll live together!

Aaron nodded callously.

"Now that I've updated you about what will happen, I gotta go. Enjoy," he said before patting Aaron's back and leaving.

"You never told me you had a brother, by the way," I say and Aaron's eyes widened.

"How did you know?" he asked surprised.

"I happened to bump into him and I mentioned you were my roommate," I say and Aaron nodded.

There was a moment of silence before Aaron asked the question I feared most.

"Will we see each other again? You know, after we leave?"

I look at him my heart throbbing in my chest.

"I don't know. I hope so," I add quickly and Aaron nods. "You know I still got a year in highschool. And you're already in university."

"Yeah, but my university is here. I study architecture. I can always see you and you said your mom doesn't care."

I looked at him nodding.

"What do you plan on studying anyway?" he asked me and I smiled.

"Psychology," I say.

"After all you've been through?" he asked amused.

"Actually because of what all I've been through, I've never wanted to be a psychiatrist more!" I say.

"Have you already looked up for the university?"

"Yeah. I have found quiet alot here," I say smiling as Aaron looked relieved.

"Atleast we'll be together!"

"Yeah," I say.

"Well, let's worry about that later, right? I mean we've got a whole trip and two days where I'll be in your face always. Let's make it worth the while!"

I grinned as I got up and sat next to him. He then wrapped his arms around me and planted a kiss on my head.

"You know something?" he murmured and I shook my head.

"I regret the time I've wasted being mad at you for stupid s***, now that I know we're actually running out of time," he said sighing and I nodded sadly. "But don't worry, soon enough you'll be in university and we can get our own apartment, where we can live together forever," he said and I smiled hugging him tighter.

"I love you, Air."

"Ughhh, I swear, me too."

"Ammy? Amelia? Wake up, love," I shift not able to even open my eyes. "Come on, it's time already," the voice said again in its prominent British accent and I groaned. "WAKE UP AMELIA COOPER! WAKE UP! WAKE UP!" he started singing and I sat up still eyes closed.

"What time is it?" I say in my raspy voice as I open my eyes on a clean, fresh, good-smelling Aaron.

"It's four!" he exclaimed and I gasped.

"FOUR?!" I almost scream, but having just woken up, it was more of a pathetic, angry whisper.

"Aha! Get up!"

"The bus is at SIX!" I say slamming my head back to the pillow. "I slept, like what? FOUR HOURS?!" I shut my eyes.

"Come on, Am. I wanted to show you something!" he drawled.

"Is dawn even due yet?!" I say angrily.

"Well... "

"NO?!" I say even more determined to sleep.

"But I wanted to take you somewhere before we start our trip," he said and I sighed.

"You're not gonna stop, are you?" I say exasperatedly

"I'm not," he says determinedly and I inwardly groaned.

"Air, I really need the sleep if I were to be alive next to you in a few hours-"

"Come on, don't be an ass!" he said and I scoffed sitting up.

"An ass?!" I say surprised he insulted me. "You just insulted me!"

"I am aware. Please Ammy now that you're up, I want to take you somewhere before we start!" he insisted and I stared at his pleading face and sighed defeatedly.

"It better be worth the while," I say before getting up, opening the closet and chosing what I would like to wear.

"Am?"

"What do you want?" I say turning to him.

"I saw that black polka dress in your closet that I think you'll look pretty in. Can you please wear it?" he said.

"I have no dresses here," I say before yanking open the closet lazily.

I look through the layers of sweatpants and t-shirts.
"Nothing," I say yawning. I open the first drawer where my panties and tampons are.
"Again nothing."
I then opened the second drawer which had my bras.
"Definitely not there. Are you imagining thin-" I then notice a third drawer which I never opened having had everything I needed in the previous drawers.

I raised my eyebrows as I opened the drawer. I then gasp at the half sleeved, short polka dress that layed peacefully.

I turn to look at a grinning Aaron.

"What?!" I say blushing.

"I just imagined you in it," he said and I turned around picking an underwear while blushing my ass off.

I then head to the washroom not looking back at him.

Flirty asshole.

After fifteen minutes of trying to comb down my hair and putting on the dress which ended up to have a long-ass zipper that ends just above my butt, but otherwise I just loved its flow.

I try to reach it, but ofcourse my arms had to be that short. I sigh frustrated.

"Everything's alright?" Aaron asked from outside.

"Yes," I grunt annoyed at the zip.

"You can use some help, you know?" he said before opening the drapes and I shrieked.

"What are you doing here?!" I ask immediately.

"Well, I was watching your shadow from the outside and guessed you had a problem with the zip," he said innocently and I looked at him nervously. "Turn around, come on."

I look at him before hesitantly turning around. I felt him get closer as he tried to pull up the zip. He did it slowly as I pulled up my hair so that it doesn't stick to the zip.

"Done!" he said and I let go my hair, but he held me back.

"What-" I started, but he was wrapping a locket around my neck. I gasp at the cold sensation of the metal and turn to him shocked.

I looked down at my locket and then back up at a satisfied Aaron.

"What's that?" I ask opening up the locket finding a pair of big round pale blue eyes grinning innocently with dimples and short brown hair. Then I knew who it was, it was Aaron.

Baby Air.

I look up at him still stunned as my heart fluttered.

"That was my mom's. She always wore it and she'd always tell me that I was so precious to her and she'd keep me near her beating heart till the day it stops," he said trying so hard to keep up a confident, fake smile.

"It's beautiful Air," I say breathlessly turning to the mirror and examining its round shape that was embroidered with tiny sapphire gems. There were two missing ones, though.

"Why give me this? How do you know that I won't hurt you? Or that I'm just not the one yet?" I ask looking back at him.

"Cause I won't allow this to happen. I know you won't, too. I know that I love you so much. I also know that you gave me the purpose of my life. It'd be an honor to have you living by my side Amelia Cooper till our last breath. You know what else I know? I know I trust you enough to give you the last thing I owned of my mother's. I know you are worthy of it. So don't ask 'why me', cause there are so many 'because you' and 'because us'."

I grin uncontrollably looking down at the locket and touching its silver surface that has lived for almost two decades to tell the story of a once broken man finding hope again through love.

"Thank you Air. That must have been really difficult for you," I say and he shakes his head.

"Actually instead of having it crammed in my pocket all the time, I'll get to see it on you. Which'll only make it more beautiful in my eyes," he said and I smiled at him. "I love you, Amelia Cooper. Oh, let's go!" he said leaving me in the washroom alone.

I let out a deep breath and looked at the fluffy dress which ended at my knee.
"Oh, I love the dress on you," his head peeped in through the drapes and I opened my mouth, but he had already pulled his head out. I smiled to myself before opening the drapes and following him.

Aaron breaks out again claiming that no being can tell him a 'no' since his brother was ruling this place, to which I rolled my eyes.

We were walking randomly as Aaron explained his excitement to know he had a brother.

"I mean, who knows? I might be an uncle already! Oh God, there'll be those tiny little beings calling me 'uncle'," he said grinning to himself. "I mean I can find someone to open up with when you're not available! Someone will give a s***!" he said and I smiled at him feeling my heart grow with his emotions.

We then turned down an aisle that I never saw before. Aaron kept walking after he stopped talking and I followed not knowing where he was taking me.

"Air, are you sure we aren't lost?" I ask and he dismissed me over and over again.

He kept looking anxiously at his watch, before we reached a flight of stairs which he started climbing. I hesitated, but then followed him feeling naked now that I'm not wearing pants.

Aaron then came to a hault and I stopped to dust my dress and then looked up finding myself surrounded by nothing but the edges of this building and the darkness of the sky.

Aaron approaches the edge as my heart beats loudly.

"What are we doing here?" I ask looking at the still violet sky and the swaying trees beneath us.

"Shushhh. Wait!" he said and I sighed looking up.

Only then I see a baby pink light cut through the darkness of the skies that was accompanied by a light, cold breeze. I grinned at it as I felt my insides melt at the beauty of the scene.

Aaron shifts from beside me and stands behind me as the first rays of the sun shine brilliantly.

"Wow," I murmur as Aaron wraps his arms around my waist and pulls me closer to him as he rests his chin on top of my head.

"I thought you'd like it," he said softly and I turn to him jubilant.

"I love it!" I say breathlessly as I turn to the slowly rising sun.

He tightens his hold on me and my heart jumps in my chest.

I look from the foil ring in my hand to the locket and turn to Aaron.
"Oh my god, I love you so much," I say beaming at him as I could now see Aaron more clearly in the fine light.

He smiles at me as his eyes study me gracefully. I then wrap my arms around him and hug the hell out of him.

"Thank you, Air,"  I say my voice muffled.

"Oh that's date one!" he said smiling as if proud of himself. I then break away from his hug beaming and walk to the edge of the building where I sit dangling my legs.

Aaron then joins me and I glance at him admiringly.

"So tell me Amelia Cooper, who's your favourite singer? Ofcourse mine is Adele," he said as if it was the most obvious thing in existence.

"Me? Justin Beiber and Shawn Mendes."

"Those are guys names?" he asked amused and I laughed.

"Well, yeah!"

"But say only one!" he demands and I scowl.

"That's cruel! I love them both!" I say. "Jawn?"

Aaron shakes his head smiling.
"Okay, tell me, who did you love more your mom or dad?And please don't start something like 'mad' or 'dom'. For me, it was my mom ofcourse!" he said excitedly and my smile falters.

I never told him about my mom. I only said that she didn't care about my whereabouts.

He frowns and I look down.
"Amelia, I'm so sorry, I forgot that your dad was a sensitive to-"

"No. It's not dad."

"Well, you told me that your dad died from acute leukemia."

I nod, but my face shows that there is so much more s*** than what appears.
A light of comprehension dawns across Aaron's face.

"It's your mom?" he said quietly. "But wasn't she the one who admitted you here? I mean she's alive right?"

I nod and he shifts confused.
"Then what's the problem?"

"She's a b****," I say simply and Aaron raises his eyebrows.

"A b****?"

And so I tell him. I tell him how she cheated on my dad even though he was on his dying bed. How she ran to Brazil with her 'boyfriend' leaving me alone thinking I should 'just cope up' or go f*** myself, which I did well.

He shuddered and I kept slamming my feet with the wall beneath me.

"I didn't know she was that bad, I'm so sorry," he said and I smirked.

"Doesn't matter now anyway."

"No wonder why, she doesn't care about your whereabouts. She turned out to be a b**** at heart," he said thinking deeply. "So you definitely love your dad more."

I nod slowly and he wraps an arm around my shoulder.

"It's okay Amelia Cooper," he said smirking. "B****es happen."

I smiled and pecked his cheek. He smiled and glanced at his watch.

"Erm...it's already five- fifteen. Besides, the sun is getting too bright.  We gotta go Am," he said awkwardly and I nodded. I then gasped remembering something.

"What happened?" he said.

"I have to tell Dean and Sam goodbye!" I say getting up and Aaron smiled.

"Okay. Let's go," he said before we started running down the stairs into the empty air-conditioned halls.

---------

Aaron and I knock loudly on the door while laughing at literally nothing. I looked at Aaron's hair that fell all over his face and his lips that stretched into a wide smile that showed his perfect teeth.

"WHAT CREATURES IN MOTHER EARTH KNOCK ON A PEASANT'S F***ING DORM AT FIVE THIRTY IN THE F***ING MORNING?!" we hear from behind the door which then is yanked open revealing a disheveled looking Ryan Dean.

"OFCOURSE IT'S GOTTA BE YOU, YOU F***ING FAGGOTS!" he said and Aaron and I stopped laughing.

"Hello Ryan," Aaron said calmly and Dean shut his eyes.

"WHAT THE F*** ARE YOU DOING HERE AT FIVE-THIRTY IN THE BLOODY MORNING?!" Ryan said.

"LOWER YOUR F***ING VOICE, RYAN DEAN!" a voice shouted from inside which I guessed was Sam's.

Ryan's head snapped back to Sam and showed him his middle finger.

"Amelia, what brought you here at FIVE-THIRTY IN THE BLOODY MORNING?!"

"You know, today's trip day and you won't be seeing me for three whole days. So I decided that it would be nice to tell you a goodbye," I say simply and he blinked at me.

"S*** I forgot," he said slapping his forehead, before engulfing me in a hug.

Aaron smirks as Sam pops up next to Dean stretching.

"I forgot too! I need to see Cecilia!" he said. He then wrapped his arms around me and hugged me. "I'll see you in three days Am. I'm sorry, but I gotta go," he said shrugging before leaving with his hair standing and his shirt half-tucked in his pyjama pants.

I smiled at him as he gave Aaron a 'bro' hug and left us with Dean who was rubbing his eyes.

"Didn't you get enough sleep since after breakfast?" I ask him.

"Ummm.. No?" he said obviously and I rolled my eyes. "Oh my god, I'm not gonna see you guys in a week!" he said miserably.

"Three days, dude," Aaron said smiling from next to me.

"I mean who's gonna talk with me about cars and The Rock's muscles?" he drawled dramatically as he glanced at a laughing Aaron. "Man I'm gonna miss both of you!" he said as he sat on the floor and we looked down at him.

"Get up, Dean," I say laughing, but he scowls.

"Ain't no sunshine without you. And I will always love youuuu. Unbreak my heartt," he started fake wailing using song lyrics as I smiled and Aaron guffawed goofily.

"Oh God I loved those songs so much!" Aaron says. Yeah he's old-ish.

"I know right man! I mean especially that Toni girl she was hot in the un break my heart video clip. DAMN, I just remembered her and I'm getting the feels."

"Yeaaaaaaahhh," Aaron adds jolting up and down as I almost barf.

"You have no appreciation to the beauty of the song!" I say mockingly repeating Dean's words.

"Dude them hips, though," Aaron said and I glared at him, but he didn't notice.

"Yeaaah, and them boobies and-"

"SHUT. UP!" I shrieked, but they both were wearing this giddy, slimy smile. "Guys, now she's probably your grandma's age!" I say.

"Oh she'll make one hot-ass granny. Adopt me now!" Dean said and I simply turn to leave.

"Wait!" Aaron says and I turn back to him reluctantly.

"Don't talk about this infront of me!"

"Oh Ryan Dean'll probably go hump something right now," Dean said talking about himself and Aaron laughs.

"Ewwwwwwwww!" I say as Dean gets up laughing.

"Aaron and Amelia?" a familiar woman's voice came from behind us as we both turned facing Dr.Cherry who wore an extravagant emerald short dress with black gems and hot pink lipstick.

How old is that woman?!

"The buses will be here in a minute. I'm here to collect you," she said as her eyes lingered on my dress. "That color suits you," she said and I smiled at her surprised.

"Thanks. So does your dress color. It suits you too," I say blushing slightly.

"Come on, say your bye byes and head to the activity room. You better be quick," she said looking at Aaron disapprovingly who was wearing a navy blue shirt, a dark grey jacket and dark  jeans. I thought he looked hot in this outfit.

We both nod as she leaves. We then both turn to an astonished Dean.
"Wow that fugly b**** can turn me on at times," he said and this time Aaron joins me in 'ew'ing.

"So horny today, Dean?" Aaron says and I cover my face with my hands. I got no comment over what they're discussing.

Dean smiles flirtatiously.
"Very," he said and I poked Aaron to leave.

"Okay Ryan, we'll have to go, man," Aaron said and Dean got up, dusted his clothes and smirked.

"I'll see your asses soon enough, I guess," he said pulling down his shirt.

"Yeah," Aaron and I say at the same time as Dean hugs each one of us. He gave me a light pat on my back.

"Go to hell. I need to f***ing sleep, go to bloody hell!" he said slamming the door in our faces.

---------

We enter the activity room where Cecilia, Syd, Brenda, Zedd, Dr.Marcus, Dr.Cherry, Dr.Norbert, Dr.Isaac and another tall, bald doctor who was one of the judges stood in a large semi-circle with Dr.Isaac in the center.

All eyes snap to us as we join the semi-circle. Dr.Isaac grins at us and holds the tip of his beard with his hand.

"Good morning everyone," Dr.Isaac starts. "First of all, congrats for this winning and may it not be the last! Before you leave through this door," he said pointing at the arcade room, you need to be aware of who's escorting you to the trip. Doctors who have trained you will be there with you. They know your diseases and if you feel anything at all, make sure you inform your doctor. Dr.Norbert will also be on the trip with you in case of  any physical injuries, make sure you contact him first. Please, I believe I'm addressing grown ups who will be responsible for their actions.

"So let's try not to be reckless for the next few days. Anyway, it's already six and you gotta go! Just make sure you eat your whole breakfast in the bus because it'll be one long, sore day. Also," he said pausing looking at Aaron, "-sleep tight." He winked and started walking towards the arcade room where we followed him. He then stops infront of a hockey table and pushed it aside showing a big door which he unlocks by a key in his pocket.

The sunlight streamed in and we all shielded our eyes from it.

Infront of us stood a minibus. Dr.Isaac handed Dr.Marcus a couple of plastic bags which must've contained our breakfast.

"Now please leave one by one," he said and we slowly filed out. We went out the last and entered the bus after Aaron waved at Dr.Isaac.

We took the last two seats at the back next to Dr.Cherry and Dr.Marcus with Aaron next to Cherry.

Oh it's gonna be one cheerful ride.

After Aaron ate both his and my nutella sandwich and left me his turkey sandwiches in return, we both started talking about random things. Like if a male potato and a female potato get married, they'll have a baby bud. He then starts laughing at how 'butt' and 'bud' rhymes as both Dr.Cherry and Dr.Marcus stared at him.

They then distributed lollipops and Aaron crushed all of his in one bite which I considered as brutally brutal. Soon enough we were stopping infront of the airport, which was obviously too crowded.

Dr.Cherry escorted us to the entry door as I jumped excitedly. Finally, I'll try something new in my boring life! FINALLY!

People were buzzing busily, one rolling his bag while speaking urgently on the phone. Another sipping on his coffee waiting for his turn to check their bags. Others simply sitting like zombies, well, I couldn't blame them. It was too early.

Since we didn't have much bags it wasn't a trouble. Dr.Cherry then told us that our guardians were contacted to provide them with our passports and all. 

Soon enough we were climbing up the aeroplane's stairs. I turn out next to Aaron except for, there was an old pale woman in a floral outfit sitting between us.

Aaron and I sit uncomfortably as I wanted to be with him and him only. Aaron huffed and puffed, but Mrs.Floralpants kept humming under her breath dreamily.

"Excuse me, uh, grandma?" Aaron says doubtedly and the old woman looked at him as if he just slapped her on her face. "Can you exchange seats with me? You'll even be next to the window!"

She looked at him and removed her sunglasses which I had no idea why she was wearing if we were in the plane.

"Mister, you should watch what you're saying!" she said pointing her shaking index finger infront of Aaron's face.

I could see Aaron was gonna laugh his ass off if it wasn't for the terrible fake sneeze he attempted.

"I'm sorry, can you just please exchange?" he insists and the old woman puts her glasses back on, gives him a grimace and murmured something like 'this generation', to which Aaron rolled his eyes.

She finally gets up and exchanges seats and Aaron comes next to me.

"Have you ever been on a plane before?" he asked excited and I shake my head.

"Nope," I say shrugging. "It's not scary, is it?"

Aaron's eyes light up with mischief as he shrugs.
"There's a 20% of getting there safe without any occasional pressure issues. So you'll have to put on the oxygen masks to breathe probably, you know, you don't want your lungs to collapse, do you now? The other 80% is the plane just plummeting, but not to worry, cause you got that bad boy," he said pointing at the life jacket beneath the seats.

I look at him horrified just about the time the plane departs. I take a deep breath.

"Should've known. God please take me out of this alive. God please take me out of this alive. God please take me out of this alive," I keep repeating as I see a faint smirk traces Aaron's lips.

I feel the plane run very fast and feel my heart beat ferociously. I then feel this suction force behind my tummy as we ascend causing me to grab Aaron's hand in mine as I closed my eyes.

I take a peek through the old woman's window and see the plane's wings cut through the fluffy white clouds and I gasp at the out of the world scene.

I turn to Aaron who looks at me amused.

"You're beautiful," he said and I tightened my hold on his hand.

----------

After almost six hours in the plane and after Aaron decided to get up and start stretching in the middle of the aisles causing people to stare at him (cause your muscles squeezes the blood to your brain and keeps you 'fresh'), we started watching a movie together,  'Everything Everything'. I then started fangirling about Olly's lips and hair. Aaron would just roll his eyes and start making up flaws for him.

"He has no eyelashes," he said crossly sipping up his coffee.

"He has! Besides who focuses on those tiny details?!"

"Me?" he scoffed offended and I laughed.

"Yeah right. Whatever."

A moment of silence followed, but he immediately broke it.

"You know, if you like long hair, I'll leave mine to grow," he smirked smugly and I smiled admiringly at him.

"No. I love you the way you are," he raised his eyebrows. "Don't worry you're my Olly."

"He's not very romantic, by the way. I am," he boasted and I gave him the 'don't put your hopes way too high love' look and he turned resuming the movie.

I almost laughed at him, but Mrs.Floralpants kept giving us wierd looks every now and then.

--------

Soon enough we were back to the ground again and collecting our baggage and riding another minibus at three pm.

In the bus I kept looking through the window at the people who even though live in another place share so many similar traits. I watched a mother scolding her son for buying a lollipop without her permission. Mean mothers are everywhere.

Then there was this beautiful river and unique wooden flucas bobbing on the water as they're tied while others roamed with passengers in them.

"This will be one good tr-," I say looking at Aaron who apparently fell asleep on Dr.Cherry's laps. My eyes widen as I stifle my laughter. I quickly reach for the camera in my bag and click a picture of Aaron hugging Dr.Cherry's thigh mouth opened.

Dr.Cherry looks up immediately, but Dr.Marcus keeps her engaged in conversation. Lucky for me.

The picture soon comes out and I shake it until it appears. I smirk devilishly. That'll serve him right for scaring the s*** out of me because right after the excruciatingly long  flight of having to stick to my seat in fear he confessed he was lying and started laughing.

I had to hold my pee for six hours!

Soon enough the bus comes to a hault and we stop infront of a big hotel that stood right infront of the Adriatic waters.

I wake Aaron up and he gets up, rubs his eyes and yawns looking at me in wonder.

"We're there already?" he said in a raspy voice as he ruffled his hair.
I nod smiling and he raises his eyebrows.

Soon it was our turn to get off the bus. We then stood in the warm welcoming weather next to Dr.Cherry.

"What do you reckon will it be like inside?" I ask Aaron ,and he shrugs.

"I don't know. Gold chandeliers? Crimson wallpapers and golden, expensive -looking furniture?" he said. "I mean that was what I saw in movies."

I nod silently and looked ahead as Dr.Cherry entered through the big carved wooden doors and we followed.

I gasped in awe at the picturesque scenery that layed right infront of my eyes. Gold and crystal chandeliers decorate the golden ceiling and wooden lanters decorate the crimson walls. The reception was gigantic with several tourists roaming around. I looked at the big mahogany desk behind which uniform dressed people worked non-stop to serve the people standing infront of them. In the middle plush, chocolate brown furniture stood on which several people sat including Dr.Cherry.

"That's something," Aaron said in awe as I pulled my bag towards the mahogany desk where the tall doctor was checking us in.

He then turned to us smiling.
"Here is the key to your suit 1408. Give it to Cherry, she'll guide you there."

Aaron took the key and nodded as I smiled to the doctor and followed Aaron.

Aaron gave the key to Dr.Cherry who after calling Syd, Cecilia, Zedd and Brenda, finally led us to our suit. It was a silent walk since we were all studying the unique decorations if the hotel. We go up an elevator and walk through many rights to the extent that Aaron had to ask Dr.Cherry every once in a while if we were actually lost. She'd simply ignore him and move forward.

When we reach, she unlocks the door and we step in.
"GLASS WINDOWS!" Zedd exclaims, and I start.

It was nothing short of fantastic.  The walls were all glass showing us the Adriatic azure waters. The sunlight streamed in and illuminated the beauty of the suit as everyone rushed into the rooms to explore them. It was very similar to the reception except that there was this huge television in the middle.

I then realize Aaron was pulling me towards the right and I simply follow still in awe. We enter the room and study the huge bed with translucent crimson drapes. There was a huge closet to the bed's right and a door in the further end of the room. I left my bag behind and rushed to the door.

I open it and step into the hugest balcony I've ever been in. I walk into it and see a big café right under me.

I turn beaming at Aaron who smiles back and opens his arms for me. I wrap my arms around him and rest my head on his chest listening to his humming heart. His heart was singing.

I then pull away and he leans in to kiss my forehead and mouth 'I love you' and I place a hand on his cheek gently.
His eyes flutter and my heart does the same.

"Ehem! LOVEBIRDS!" someone exclaims from behind us and I immediately knew who it was.

"Sydney!" I say pulling away form Aaron. "Heyyy! Hello Cecilia!" I say smiling at Cecilia who stood next to Syd smiling beautifully.

"It's so amaaaazing in here!" Syd said jolting up and down in excitement. "I mean look at this bed! I only see those in movies! Oh god, I think I'm gonna faint!"

I laugh and Cecilia shakes her head beaming.
"Hello Aaron! How've you been?" Cecilia said, and Aaron put two thumps up.

"So Dr.Cherry told me to tell your asses that you gotta sleep cause by six we will start our adventurrrre!" Syd said clapping her hands in excitement.

"Six?! Two hours from now?" Aaron said and Cecilia nodded.

"You wanna spend za zree days vacation sleeping?" Cecilia asked horrified, and Aaron shakes his head.

"Two hours is too much!" he said sarcastically (Cecilia nodded not understanding the sarcasm), and I rolled my eyes.

"Easy for you to say. After all it was you who had a one hour nap right on Dr.Cherry's laps," I say and they all gasp.

"That's a lie," he said smugly, and I raised my eyebrows.

"Want evidence?" I ask as Syd and Cecilia laughed.

Aaron shifted uneasily, but then smirked.

I put my hands inside my dress's chestal area. It's in my bra. I take out the picture, wipe the sweat on it on my dress, straighten it and turn it for everyone to see.

Aaron's smirk falters as Syd and Cecilia laughed more.
"When was that?!" Aaron asks going red in the face.

"When do you think?!" I say rolling my eyes as Aaron lept for it, but I was quick enough to place it back in my bra.

"Give it to me-"

"Okay guys, we really need the sleep while you fight for the photo," Syd said yawning. "I'll see you guys later!"

"Bye!" Cecilia said as Aaron and I nodded smiling. They left.

"Give it, Am! I'm serious!" he said crossly.

"Take it!" I say standing up straight.

"I can take it," he said in a dangerously, low voice. "Wherever you put it."

I was caught off guard for almost a second. Almost.

"Okay. Go ahead," I say challengingly.

Aaron raises his eyebrows as he slowly turned to me and approached me until he was standing right above me. I had to look up to maintain eye contact.

He hooks a finger on my dress's sleeve as his other hand reach for the zip.

"Do it," I say challengingly and he smirks. He tugs on the zip, but it won't budge.

"Stop harassing girls, Aaron! First me, now her? Besides if you wanna do something like this, close the door. That's the ABC of those things," her sarcastic voice comes starting both of us as Aaron side stepped so I could see Dr.Cherry standing infront of the door.

"Erm.." I start, but Dr.Cherry interrupts.

"I'm leaving, just wondering if you needed anything?" she asked as Aaron and I shared glances then shook our heads.

She nodded then left closing the door behind her. I burst out laughing as Aaron sat on the bed's edge head in his hand.

"What are you laughing at? This is so embarrassiiiing!" he said groaning.

"What happened to the savage, badboy who was supposed to make me lose my virginity just like in the rest of the stories?" I ask chuckling.

He smirked and smiled.
"So you really want him back, huh?" he said in a dangerous voice.

"Maybe," I say nodding and he raised his eyebrows.

"As you which, but remember, it was you who flickered the life back to that self," he said looking at me with admiration.

"Let's just sleep, Air," I say chuckling lying on the bed and covering myself.

---------

We were currently standing infront of  Café Florian which was supposedly the oldest café in the whole world.

Aaron swapped away a fly from infront of his face as he looked lazily at the café while Syd and Cecilia squealed with excitement.

I smiled to myself before Dr.Cherry pushed the door open and barged in.
We followed each of us setting a 'ding' from the bell. I appreciated its chic style and rustic charm that was enhanced by the comfortable interior and colours.

We walked in as several important-looking people glared at us -a group of stupid teenagers.

Aaron cleared his throat.
"Hi!" he said loudly as everyone darted dirty looks in his direction. I tugged on his shirt, but he ignored me flashing the strangers his charming smile.

I tugged on his shirt again and his head snapped in my direction.
"What?!" he whispered.

"What are you doing?" I asked pursing my lips in embarrassment.

"Well, they're f***ing staring at us like we're some homeless freaks of nature!" he said as if it was the most natural thing ever.

I rolled my eyes as we proceeded to to an empty huge table, Dr.Cherry asked about.

Everyone took their seats. I, with Aaron on my left and Brenda on my right.

"So what do you want to eat?" Dr.Cherry said cheerfully as she handed us the menus.

"Pasta and meatballs!" Aaron exclaim loudly and I facepalm.

"People don't normally eat pasta at ze café, Aaron," Cecilia said and we all laughed except for Aaron who scowled.

"Aaron, you may chose from pancakes, smoothies, milkshakes, cappuccino, frapp-" Dr.Cherry started.

"Pancakes with blueberries," he said sighing. "And milk," he added defeatedly and I shook my head.

"Amelia?" Dr.Cherry asked.

"Pancakes with nutella, strawberries and bananas as well as a strawberry smoothie," I said hungrily as Aaron stared at me.

"You're eating all that?!" he whispered surprised.

"Do you mind?" I ask.

"No, but-"

"You don't get to be in Venice everyday!" I say happily.

"And when you're finally in Venice, you get f***ing pancaked instead of pasta and meatballs," Aaron said under his breath still annoyed.

Soon the food was served and everyone started digging into it. I noticed Aaron give Zedd dirty looks every now and then, so I patted Aaron's shoulder to get his attention. Dr. Cherry then got up saying she got to use the washroom.

"Why seem pissed at Zedd?" I ask swallowing down my pancake bite.

"Well, try sitting next to him while eating and you'll get the best sound effects!" he said sarcastically. "He keeps chewing noisily and slurping down his milkshake! Like-" he was disturbed by a loud slurp from next to him. He turned to him slowly.

"Would you please sush your unwanted sound effects when you f***ing eat?!" Aaron blurted angrily. "I can't f***ing talk with my girlfriend!"

Zedd looked shocked, but then ignored Aaron and continued eating.

Girlfriend?! Girlfriend??!

I feel my heart flutter as I beamed at his back. He then turns to me still vexed.

"Anyway, I was saying-" he stopped and looked at me. "Why are you grinning like an idiot?" he said and my grin widened.

"You just called her your girlfriend, you dumbf*k!" Syd said in a 'duh' tone as Cecilia squealed in excitement.

"Zis is so romantic!" Cecilia said.

"What-" Aaron said looking lost, but then understands and looked at me. "Well, you already know," he whispered to me.

"Kiss her! Kiss her!" Brenda said from next to me as Aaron's soft dark red lips curled into a true, heartfelt smile.

"Kiss her, Aaron!" Syd said dropping her spoon to watch.

"Zis is so beautiful! In the most unlikely places we get to kiss zose we love!" Cecilia added dramatically clapping her hands in excitement as Zedd actually stopped chewing to listen.

Aaron looked in my eyes as if taking permission. I smiled even more widely as my heart fluttered.
"Would you mind me kissing you even if I had pancake all over my mouth?" he asked and we received several 'awww's.

I shook my head as he put his hands infront of me. I take them and he stands up. I follow him. He then wraps his arms around my waist and uses a hand to remove the hair from my face.

"Remember, you asked for that," was what he said before he pulled into the most passionate, sweet kiss I've ever had in my life.

I broke the kiss and turned to the rest of the group beaming. At this moment, I felt how truly lucky I am. At this moment, time stopped as I was watched everyone. Aaron with his hair falling over his forehead, as his eye glistened with life and true happiness. I felt his rapidly beating heart under my palm and felt blessed to find my love. I felt lucky.

I watched Cecilia wipe tears from her eyes as she watched with pride as the rest of the group just grinned.

I removed the hair off Aaron's forehead as he looked me in the eye with the most meaningful look ever. I felt so vulnerable in his eyes.

I look behind us, finding almost the whole café's eyes on us. Some smiling goofily like any one of us would when we're watching a romantic movie, or by all accounts, a kiss.

A deep, passionate kiss.

"Did you finish eating-" Dr.Cherry comes out of the washroom staring at us as Aaron's hand drops from my waist as the people turned back to their food and worlds.

"Yes," I say feeling full as I looked at Aaron who was talking animatedly to Cecilia about romantic places to kiss.

"Time for ice cream then!" she said in a singsong voice and Aaron looked at her.

"Ice cream?" Brenda said. "I love ice cream! Especially after romantic movies!"

---------

After having two scoops of blueberry and vanilla icecream and Aaron four scoops of lime and mint icecream, we headed back to the hotel by 9 pm.

We spend the hour playing truth or dare with the rest of the group which was pretty much, fun!

Zedd ended up having a problem with the female gender and just can't handle getting close to anyone of them. Brenda was suicidal just like Faith, but is getting better. She claimed that singing helped her alot, especially with calming herself down.

Aaron was dared to braid my hair French style by Cecilia. Aaron had a lot of difficulty so Cecilia ended up doing it beautifully herself.

Syd opened up about her ex-girlfriend, Jennifer who left her without even telling her a goodbye which had left her emotionally unstable for too long.

Cecilia was dared to sing by Brenda. Cecilia blushed furiously, but finally managed to sing a song by Adele to Aaron's delight.

By 10 pm, Dr.Marcus came knocking on the door claiming that it was already dinner's time.

We all filed out of the room as Dr.Marcus led us to the buffet. Aaron and I took a table for ourselves after me getting garlic bread and soup and Aaron specially ordering his pasta and meatballs.

We ate and were soon back in our suits. I was simply exhausted.

"It was a nice day," Aaron said suddenly and I nodded smiling.

"It was."

"You know we should change," he said pointing at the closet.

I nodded heading to it taking out a pyjama for myself and for Aaron.
"No! I sleep naked," he said and I gasped.

"No you're not!" I say shocked.

"That's what bad boys do," he smirked already unbuttoning his pants and unzipping it.

"Oh come on!" I groan turning around looking at the closet.

I hear some shuffling and knew that Aaron was under the covers.

I looked at him terrified. He had his muscular arms behind his head as he looked at me with messy hair. A weakness I have.

"Are you literally -I mean-" I say and he points at his boxer and pants on the floor.

"Change," he said.

"No looking. No peeking!" I say seriously and he smirks placing both his hands over his eyes.

"No looking. No peeking," he repeated as I pulled down the zip with difficulty. I stepped out of the dress and put on my pyjama.

"Are you done yet?" he asked.

"Yes," I say and he removed his hands.

"I'm so tired," I mutter under my breath as I layed down on the bed cautiously, not getting to his side.

I sighed, but then felt his hands lace around my waist. I screw shut my eyes as I feel him getting closer, until I was stuck to his chest.

"Aaron, this doesn't feel right," I say.

"What exactly doesn't feel right? I'm sorry, I can't control it, you know? Down there-" he said with difficulty and I facepalmed.

"Wake up, love! It's day two of the return of the bad boy!" Aaron bellowed in my ears and I groaned.

"Shut uuup!" I say sleepily, but then the covers were removed and Aaron sarted tickling me.

I tried hard not to laugh to stop him, but he started tickling my neck and I burst out in giggles.

"Stooop!" I say punching the air aimlessly as he held both of my hands with one of his hands, while the other slipped under my shirt and started tickling me as he grinned, his hair falling over his eyes.

I gasp for air as I writh hopelessly in his grip, my eyes tearing from laughter.

He then stopped and planted a sloppy kiss on my cheek.

"We have a great day ahead of us Amelia Cooper," he said slowly and I shaked my head in disbelief as he jumped out of bed.

I looked at what he wore. A blue button up shirt and formal black pants. His hair combed to one side as his eyed sparkled softly. He looked really handsome. I raise my eyebrows.

"Do you plan on staring at my sexy ass all day?" he asked and I rolled my eyes

"Why are you dressed up
like a gentleman?" I ask pointing at his shirt, and he cleared his throat. I actually loved him in it.

"Aren't I a gentleman?" he said straightening his shirt nervously. "Besides that's what the s*** of this hotel provided. F***ing suits and old men pointy shoes!" he said and I looked down at the worn out Nikes he wore and smiled to myself.

"Oooh, I wonder where we'll be heading," I say opening his part of the closet to see nothing, but suits.

I laugh and Aaron scowls.

"Dr.Bawse told me yesterday that we'll probably be to an art gallery or something sophisticated. Amelia Cooper, problem is, sophisticated places aren't for idiots like me-" he said, but I interrupted.

"Bawse?"

He sighed. "The tall guy. The one we didn't know?" he said trying to remind me and I nod remembering him. "Am, I really hate this suit! Especially because I'm not a gentlem-"

I turn to him.
"You are," I say simply and turn back to my part of the closet. I reach for under my undergarments section and check whether the picture I took of Aaron yesterday is still there or not.

It is.

I smile satisfied as I look for the first time at the clothes. I gasped.

They were all dresses. Long, sophisticated, exorbitant-looking and beautiful dresses.

I groan inwardly and look back at a red-faced Aaron who was trying so hard to stifle his laughter. I glare at him and he bursts out in laughter.

"What?!" I ask sharply and he takes a minute or two to adjust himself.

"Imagi-ging you- hahahahahah," he laughed as I pursed my lips. "You'll look ridi-culous. I mean a short ass and a long dress is a hell no."

"F*** you!" I said blushing in embarrassment.

"Oh yes pleeease," he said tilting his head a bit eying me differently.

I roll my eyes.

I ruffle through the fancy dresses. Forest green, royal blue and silver, peach-

"Wear the peach one. It'll bring your hair color. Or the green, it'll bring your eyes color. Avoid the blue though. But I prefer the peach," he said and I turned to him surprised.

He raised his eyebrows.
"What?" he said smirking and I shaked my head.

"Nothing," I say pulling out the half-sleeved peach dress which apparently had a low V-cut. It looked beautiful, but I really don't think it'll suit me.

Aaron's right.

I head to the bathroom outside. Luckily, everyone was still asleep. Ughh, I don't even know what time is it. I managed to hang my dress and have a hot bath after over three whole months. It was a luxury I couldn't afford.

I came out, dried my hair and myself. I put on the dress which fitted just fine. I look at myself in the mirror. My hair framed my face in the most unusual way. The sapphire gems on the locket Aaron blended beautifully.

I combed my hair simply to the back, as my fringes fell over my eyes.

I come out finally and amble into the room.

"Air, where my shoes-" I look at what Aaron was doing and my heart sinks in horror.

He looks up gasping hiding it behind his back.

"You never threw it away, did you?" I ask shaken and he gets up immediately from the bed shaking his head as he holds my arms and I try to writh out of his hold.

"No, no, no," he breathed and I looked away in disbelief feeling my eyes sting. "Amelia, I am fine. I-I'm great, Am! I'm so great! Please- oh god. Look me in the eyes!" he demands urgently.

I blink away the tears as dread clutched my heart.

"Am, please, please don't be mad. Please, love-" he said desperatly. I couldn't bring myself to even open my mouth. "Am, you look beautiful," he said  urgently and I shook my head feeling my heart fail as tears rolled out of my eyes. "Look at me-"

I finally look at him and let out a sob. He looks at me with pain written all over his face.

"Am, don't cry-" he says and I snap.

"DON'T CRY?!" I ask in a shaking voice in disbelief as fat, fast tears fell. "Aaron, how do you expect me not to? Aaron, it's much bigger this time. This is so so so b-big," I say shaken as he frowns shaking his head.

"I'm fine. I'm grea-"

"How many days?" I ask quietly and Aaron shakes his head.

"None, babe, no-"

"HOW MANY DAYS YOU DIDN'T SLEEP AARON BLACK?" I shout my heart breaking at each word as I glance at the same red, old recorder thrown on the bed.

"Five. Ever since our fight," he said slowly and my breath hitches.

"You haven't healed," I say softly to myself feeling miserable. This time he looks away as if ashamed of himself.

"Were you taking your medicines?" I ask and he nods. My heart combusts.

"Amelia, please -I am healthy! I've never been healthier! Am, I am with you-" he said and I shut my eyes.

"You've got to tell Dr.Cherry," I say forcefully and he shakes his head pleading. "AARON, YOU HAVE TO! You have to," I repeat miserably.

"I c-can't. I am tired," he said. "We came a million miles-"

"Which apparently isn't enough," I say as Aaron's hands drop from my arms. I reach for his hands. "You have to tell Dr. Cherry, cause if you don't, I will," I say determined.

"Am, you know what that means?" he said with a heartrending look on his face.

"Yes," I choke on the answer as tears come down.

"It means that I have only three days to spend with- you," he said with a pleading look in his eyes as tears filled his eyes to the brim. "It'll become more difficult than ever."

"Aaron no. I'll-I'll make sure I'll contact you. I'll always contact you. I'll find a way to call you. I mean, Dr.Isaac is your brother, yeah? I'll contact you, Air, until you come out healthy for me,"  I say tightening the hold on Aaron's hands.

"I'll be so lonely, Am. Dean and Sam will be leaving. What'll I do with myself?" he ask looking deep in my eyes.

"You're not lonely. You have Simone and Xav-"

"Xavier?" he said his eyes widening.

"You'll make a lot of friends," I say bitterly not believing what I'm doing.

Am I really letting him go?

He looks at me with his mouth slightly open. He looked so faded. He said nothing. He then nodded, clenched his jaw as a tear stained his rosy cheeks.

"But, I'm fine," Aaron tries again faintly.

"Both of us know, you're not. You messed up," I say glancing at the recorder and he takes a deep shaky breath.

"I just miss her so much sometimes," he said looking down at me. He then takes my hands to his chest and closes his eyes. "You are very precious to me. Very precious, Am," he then opens his eyes and I couldn't help, but take this pain from him.

I leaned in and he placed his hands gently on my waist.

"I love you and I'll keep loving you. In a heartbeat I'll keep loving you, Amelia Cooper," he murmured. "I won't let you down, just don't give up on me, love."

I press my lips to his and kiss him slowly as he kissed me back with fire and passion.

I pull away and he smiles.
"Come on, we gotta make the most of those three days," he said and I nodded preventing tears from ever coming again.

I hold his locket tight in my hands nodding as I bit my lips.

He then walked a few steps back.
"You look great Amelia Cooper!" he said grinning. I blush. "Wear your shoes. Oh, there are only high heels."

"High heels? Ughh! I'll wear my trainers," I say and he laughed.

"Typical Amelia," he said and I smiled looking at him longingly.

"Amelia we have to return before breakfast," he  said and I frowned.

"Why? What time is it, Aaron Black?" I say.

"Erm... It's seven-" he said cautiously and I glared at him. "-ish," he added. It didn't make it any better. No wonder why no one was awake.

I groan hopelessly and he grins.
"We have to go!"

"You have to tell Dr.Cherry first!" I say and he shrugs.

"About what?" he says as I hear his heart drop.

"About going out," I said slowly and he nods carelessly.

"She's asleep. Everyone is. So I have my excuse in my pocket."

"Aaron, you have no idea what's in Venice! We can't do anything! Besides, we don't have money-"

"Speak for yourself!" he said smugly.

"What? From where did you get it from?!"

"My brother!" he said his eyes sparkling.

I raised my eyebrows.

"And we're taking a trip in  Adriatic waters! I asked Dr.Bawse about what we'll be doing and all. Turns out riding the boat was never a part of their plans, because of the number. A lame excuse, I know," he said pointing at the balcony. "But before that-" he said pausing and clearing his throat. "-I'll take you to that café next to the hotel for a coffee," he said his British accent lacing his words beautifully.

I raise my eyebrows again and chuckle.

"So? Are you ready?" he said and I grabbed my trainers and started putting them on.

"Cool," he said rubbing his hands. "I'll wait outside."

I grin as he walks out of the room and my heart crumples. He's walking away from me. From my heart. Like he will three days from now.

I scowl my heart breaking. I'll miss him. His hair. His face. His exceptional soul's beauty. I'll truly miss him.

I take a deep breath and tie my shoelaces remembering his little disagreement he had with them. I smile sadly realizing that from now on every memory will be a blade ripping my heart out.

I stand up and push my still damp hair back, touch the locket and turn to leave.

I come out smiling and he tilts his head examining me. He holds his arm for me and I take it laughing lightly at his fake solemn face expression.

Aaron then unlocks the door and we step out.

----

We were soon out of the hotel, the cool breeze infiltrating through my hair. I smiled at the almost empty streets. It was a beautiful morning.

Aaron holds my hand and I look up at him grinning and he returns the gesture, eyes lighting up.

We walk past the walkers. We looked overdressed, but it wasn't our fault. We turned to our left and found the café right infront of us.

It was opened to the street. There were several round wooden tables with chairs.

Only one old man with a newspaper and half-moon eyeglasses sipping on a cup of tea sat on one of the tables.

Aaron shrugged and then pulled out a chair and gestured for me to sit.

I smile and take the seat, he then sits across of me.

"Welcome to date two, what do want for a drink?" he asked and I laugh. "What?" he asks awkwardly. "Is there a flaw? Yet?"

"When you take someone out on a date you should normally let the girl guess it," I say beaming.

"Really?! Well, s***-" he said shocked his eyes widening and I smirked. "Well, you aren't any girl," he added.

"You aren't going to apo-"

"Good morning, misses and mister, how can I help you?" an aporn dressed waiter asks us interrupting me as we both look up at him.

"Amelia? What do you want?" Aaron asks me quietly, and I turn to the waiter.

"Coffee with light cream," I say.

"I'll take green tea. No sugar," Aaron said and I gagged as the waiter left with a pleasant smile.

"No sugar?!" I say ,and he shrugs. "That's disgusting!"

"Absolutely not!" he said amused. "I love enjoying the tea's bitterness. Sugar simply changes its taste. Makes me feel like I'm drinking water and sugar only."

"Air, you don't fail to amuse me," I say and he smiles.

"You should try it," he said suggestively and I shook my head.

"Thanks, but no thanks. That'd be a nightmare!" I say thinking of green tea without sugar.

Aaron smiles and stares at me and I start feeling self-conscious as I try looking away. The awkward silence was deafening. I look back, but he's still staring at me.

"Aaron!" I say and he looks up.

"What?" he said.

"Stop staring!"

"I can't," he sighed and I raised my eyebrows.

"That's just cheesy," I say.

"Girls love cheesy."

"No they don't," I say flushing and he beams.

"I'll miss you, Am," he said suddenly and I was caught off guard. I stay quiet looking at him daring a tear to fall as I shook my head smiling sadly.

He then takes my hands that I've rested on the table and caress them.

"I'm sorry, Amelia Cooper. I'm really sorry for what I've put you into. You never deserved this. A person like me to love who is so irresponsible, especially of himself. I really am sorry, love," he said quickly as if those words were on his mind for so long.

I nod smiling speechlessly because I know that if I opened my mouth tears will come inevitably and I didn't want to turn this date's mood sour.

"Tell me anything, Am," Aaron says nervously as his hold around my hands tightened and his miraculously surviving foil ring glistened dullily in the sun.

"You said it all, Air," I say slowly and he smiles bitterly.

"I can't believe I'm the reason we'll be separated again!" he said exasperatedly and I shake my head.

"It isn't you, Air. It's our destiny. It seems like it doesn't want us together for a while. Maybe it's for the better though," I say thoughtfully and he nods.

"Maybe," he said, and I sighed heavily as the  waiter came with a tray holding his cup of tea and my cup off coffee with cream.

He places them infront of us carefully, then looked at us smiling.

"Anything else?" he said smiling spreading a lot of positivity.

"No thanks," Aaron replies bitterly and the man raises his eyebrows.

"You feel miserable, young man, what has life done to you?" the waiter said in a dreamy voice as Aaron straightened up on hearing his comment.

"I'm not mis-"

"Oh, yeah he is-"

Aaron and I say at the same time as the waiter turns to face me smiling.

"I've worked in this café for thirty years of my life, boy. Thirty years!" he gives a shaky laugh, then continues. "My eyes have seen so many and read so much to know what's hidden behind a fake eye twinkle," he said sagely and Aaron look fixated at him. "Anyway, I would like to share something that I've heard, with you, young man, remember that it might be a bad day, but not a bad life. The difference is striking, my boy! So never judge the days to come by the present, for that's dangerous for your mental health.

"And from what I see-" he paused looking at our hands holding each other, "-you have a great person infront of you whom you love and she adores you. You can tell by a look in her eyes, boy. Tell her everything. Talk to her, for one rarely finds their soulmate.

"And when they do, they want to make sure they end up intertwined together. Tell her what's on your mind and heaving down your heart. Tell her," he said giving us a professional smile before turning to leave and turning on some happy music.

Aaron looks back at me looking awkward.
"Well I told you everything didn't I?" he said.

"No, you didn't. I found out," I say it even if it sounded harsh. "I was going to find out. And thank god I did, because Aaron you were going to leave with me. You were going to leave sick! You weren't even healed! You were going to-"

"I'd die for you," he said quickly, and I roll my eyes despite the back flips my heart did.

"That's just rash and selfish," I say bluntly, and his eyes widen.

"How so?" he said frowning slightly.

"You were going to die Aaron without trying. Die! Haven't you thought of me? How destroyed I'd be? Again? How I might fall sick again and maybe never heal? Aaron one won't necessary heal from the shocks they go through, if it keeps repeating," I say sadly. "You want to chose the easier choice! Death! You don't care about the whole world! You clearly don't care  about me or your brother! You're just too lazy to venture into a problem you put yourself in! After all what I did for you, for us?  You just simply want to let go! How idiotic of you-" I say feeling slightly mad at his negative way of doing things as the happy music started getting on my nerves.

"Please don't get mad, Am-" he says faintly and I look hard in his eyes.

"I-" I start, but somehow couldn't continue, so I take sip of my coffee looking at the miserable sky as my eyes stung from the sun and the tears threatening to fall.

"I'm sorry, Am. It wad really 'idiotic' of me," he said. "I didn't give it full thought. It was really selfish, I'm sorry, Amelia Cooper."

I scoffed and looked back at him.
"It's not like there is any time to get pissed at you," I say taking another sip of the coffee.

Aaron smiled widely and I sighed.
"So that means that you're accepting the apology-"

"Only due to exceptional reasons, that I won't be seeing your pretty face after two days," I say.

"Three," he said.

"You shouldn't count today," I say. "Don't sugarcoat the hard truth, Air. It only makes it harder to accept later on."

I could see a ghost of pain cross his eyes as I drink my cup of coffee, which he covers up by a smile.

"Let's just leave, Amelia Cooper," he said as I sipped the last bit of the coffee.

He left a few tips and we both got up.

I didn't fail to notice that his cup of tea was left cold and untouched.

----------

Although we spend the next hour or so in the water together, there was so much tension. I could feel his deep remorse just by a look into his regretful eyes. I couldn't do anything about it. I was mad at how he handles his problems. He and giving up go hand in hand in a perfectly terrible way.

It's agonizing.

I stood at the edge of the boat watching the blue water ruffle behind the boat. I hold on to the wooden start and sigh.

I then feel big hands engulf mine as no one, but Aaron stood behind me so I was pressed to his chest. He then placed his chin over my head.

At that my chest tighten as a tear escaped and splattered on Aaron's left hand.

I'll really miss him.

"Amelia?" he whispered softly in my ears as he wrapped his arms around me pulling me closer.

"Yes?" I choke.

"Remember what you told me? That you will contact me? That you'll convince Dr.Isaa- I mean my brother into allowing you to visit and all?" he paused and I nodded silently staring at the sad lapping waves as if blaming them. "It's just another test-"

"Test? Until when life will go on testing us and we failing every single time?!" I say suffocating on the words.

"It's a test for our relationship. It'll keep going till death do us apart," he murmured calmly and I envied him.

"Until death do us apart," I keep repeating to myself as the boat finally came to a stop and we stepped out.

The sun is brighter now and the weather was much hotter.

Aaron looked at me and I didn't even attempt hiding my broken self. He then speechlessly dragged me to a bench infront of the hotel where we sat.

He placed my head on his chest and stroked my hair as I stared at the desperate blue skies celebrating the parting of a young couple oblivious to the harshness of life and its inevitable destiny.

I don't know for how long we stayed like that, but surely for a moment, the silence between us spoke louder and clearer than words.

It's going to be fine and okay is what I tell myself, but deep down there will always be that thing missing.

Always. 

"WHERE HAVE YOU BEEN?" she shouted in our faces as we both jumped.

We had just entered the suite meeting the face of a livid Dr.Cherry and concerned faces of Syd, Brenda, Zedd and Cecilia.

"We were out," Aaron said immediately after a long, tension-filled silence.

"Out?!" she said as if surprised by his Aaron's audacity. "Out?! Do you have any idea how reckless this is?!" she said pointing her index finger at us.

Oh, ofcourse, the blame will fall on her if something happens to us.

"As you can see, we aren't kids," Aaron said angrily.

"Aaron, we were all-"

"Not your time Brenda!" Aaron said exasperatedly and I turn apologetically to Brenda.

"This behavior is intolerable! I will make sure I inform-" Dr.Cherry starts.

"Oh save us your non- sensational blah blah!" Aaron said crossing his arms, and she glares icily at him.

"You. Do. Not. Want. To. Cross. My. Lines," she said threateningly.

Aaron took a step towards her as if her lines were on the floor.
"Oops. Looks like I did," he said smirking.

She slapped him.

Everyone in the room gasped and glared at her. Aaron stood rooted in his place as his hair fell obscuring his face.

"What the actual f***?!" Syd said loudly from behind as I stepped angrily next to a silent Aaron.

"How could you?!" I shriek at her and she frowns.

"Zat was very harsh and unacceptable. You are not allowed to lay a finger on him! Zis is abuse to a somniphobic teenager!" Cecilia said shuddering.

"He dares! I am his mother's age! How can he speak like that to me?!" Dr.Cherry said. "Besides, don't forget that 'he isn't a kid', let him defend himself. And he's all healthy now and fine-"

"HE'S NOT!" I bellow at her with fury as I hold Aaron's arm who looks at me with a half surprised, half broken look on his face.

Dr.Cherry looks at Aaron then back at me smirking.
"Hahahah. This is thoroughly funny," she said and I shake my head already feeling the tears.

"Amelia, what are you saying?" Syd said cautiously and I shrugged speechlessly. "I hope you know that this is not funny."

"Aaron, iz zat true?" Cecilia cottons in and Aaron nods slowly.

Dr.Cherry looked alert as concern washed over her previously icy face. "Aaron, are you serious? You were supposed to leave by Wednesday," she said slowly and Aaron looks at her with sincere surprise on his face at her sudden 'care'.

"I suppose," he breathed looking at me sharply in my eyes. I guess I let the beans out too early.

"You wer-weren't sleeping?!" Sydney asked and Aaron didn't respond.

"Five," he said and the all looked at him not understanding. He then closed his eyes and rubbed them. "Five. Days. I didn't sleep."

They gasped and I quietly wiped my tears.

Dr.Cherry looked shocked. So so shocked.
"Oh Aaron!" she said pitifully as she engulfed him in a hug.

Aaron pinched his eyebrows, but ended up hugging her back awkwardly.

Everyone else stared at them. They looked so despicable as if they weren't fighting a few seconds before.

Dr.Cherry backed away smiling sadly at Aaron who looked bewildered.

"What was that for-?" he muttered and she looked at him dreamily.

Then I remembered her son.

"You were going to die if you left, Aaron. You were going to DIE," Syd's voice came from behind Dr.Cherry as she clasped her hands over her mouth.

Dr.Cherry nodded shaking her head. "It would be a tragic," she said.

"It won't really be, I wanted to be with her!" he said grasping my arms and pressing me to his chest as his hands held my waist lazily. "Maybe I could heal myself! Maybe I am the cure to my own disease!" he paused. "Why so worried about me?" he said bitterly as he tightened my hold on my waist. "When she leaves who'll care?! Who'll watch me sleep? Who'll love me to sleep? Who'll help me and motivate me?" he said angrily. "I may never heal! They'll medicate me to sleep. I'll be a nothing. Just a sick toy, once it's broken it's thrown away. No one will care about a broken thing! But wait, she did.

"She picked me up and mended my broken heart. She fixed me. Don't blame me for wanting to leave! Don't blame me for wanting to leave for her. Die for her," he said, his words knocking off my heart.

Dr.Cherry looked at him with horror in her eyes.

"Aaron Black, good you told me-"

"I could've not. I could've not told you. I could've lied to everyone. She couldn't have found out. It all returned to me. Me! I can simply fight everyone who opposes me. I can walk out and go where I want. I can leave on Wednesday, no one can stop me. I chose to stay. She chose me that. I trust her whenever it comes to us. I wouldn't have told you otherwise," he said staring hard at her and she shakes her head.

"It's like history is repeating itself," she said. "You're just too young, too dumb to realize."

"There's no history. There's only now and the future to look forward to. Only that. Future doesn't repeat history unless we believe it will, because if we believe, we'll act upon our beliefs. We'll make it repeat. We conquer what happens and what repeats. We are held responsible for the time passing. It's not history's job to find a way to our future. We make a way for it though. Besides what are you blabbering at?" he said and Zedd and Cecilia looked at him admiringly.

"My son, died for love. Stupid. Selfish," she muttered, her eyes glassy with tears. Aaron paused looking shocked, but then he immediately recovered.

"It's an honour. It shows loyalty. And depth of true love," he said dramatically.

"It's not an honour to chose the easiest path. Death. It's like giving up instead of getting up and fighting against the mess that just turned your life into a misery. It's true death is easier than finding hope. But that's a coward's choice. Love is a mere excuse," she said. "And I daresay my son was a coward."

Aaron raised his eyebrows.
"Then you haven't really been in love, have you? Because after love, there lies no hope to look for. Love tortures its slave."

Dr.Cherry shaked her head.
"It's selfish. You really wouldn't care of those whom you leave behind! Even if it was the one whom you loved! Except for that, in my son's case his love died. He suffered. You really would want Amelia to suffer the same? Especially with a case like hers?"

Aaron unwrapped his arms from around me and I sidestepped.
"Definitely not. I thought when we leave together, I can heal again. Without medications or whatever they give me. I think it's our souls that need to heal not us. I would heal with her, I was sure. But that would also be a risk. She made me realize that. However, if I stay, there's still a bigger possibility of not healing. Because I can't heal without her," he said sighing and Dr.Cherry opened her mouth and then closed it again.

"Sometimes, Aaron-," Cecilia said."-we don't get what we want. It'z harsh. Sometimes you just have to do it za hard way. Wizzout her. Cause nozing worth doing is ever easy. Rien à faire n'est jamais facile."

Aaron stares at her and sighs. He then makes his way through the spectators and enters the room slamming the door behind him.

I look at Dr.Cherry who sighs and shakes her head.
"It's going to be okay. I'll take good care of him for you," is what she said.

No she can't, is what I knew. Aaron and I came a long way. She just simply can't do it.

I shaked my head and made my through to our room. I heard them all saying their 'sorry's and 'don't worry's.

I don't even know why, it's not like he's dead or anything.

At least not to me.

I closed the door behind me and examined the room. He sat on the bed with his button up shirt unbuttoned. He straightened up and faced me not at all trying to hide his misery.

And for all I know, he did look quiet pale.

"Oh hey, Amelia Cooper," he said.

"How do you feel?" I ask ignoring his supposedly cheerful comment, which only makes it more pathetic.

"How do I feel?" he repeated smiling sadly. "Besides a constant pang in my attacked heart, numbness of all my senses, constant tightness in my breath and constriction of my chest when I see her, I feel great doctor, thank you."

I looked at him sympathetically and smiled automatically. I go and sit next to him slowly and look straight ahead knowing he was staring at me.

I finally look at him. His desperate, distant eyes. His pale smooth skin. His freckled nose. His dark, dark pink lips. His hair that fell over his forehead.

"Breakfast is in fifteen minutes," he said formally and I shaked my head smiling.

"I love you, Air. I love you so much. God, I'll miss you. I'll miss falling in love with you more and more," I say holding his hands and he looks at me surprised, but I hear his heart beat pick up.

He tightened his hold on my hands and looked me in the eyes and said nothing. He just kept staring into my eyes as I stared in the depths of his blues. It was magical. It said everything.

There then was a rapping on the door. We both looked towards it.
"Come in," I said quietly and Zedd stepped in.

"Oh! Dr. Cherry told me to tell you to come down. I want to, uh-, " he said robotically as his now blue dyed hair stood all around his thin oval face.

"You can come in, Zacharias," Aaron said and Zedd looked surprised, but came in closing the door.

Zac- what?
He was so thin and tall with olive skin and facial hair. He had dark brown eyes that matched well with his face. To be honest, he looked very wierd with the suit. I mean look at his hair.

He managed a small, shy smile.
"Aaron," he said then glanced at me nervously.

"It's okay, carry on as if she doesn't exist," Aaron said.

"Well, this will be long," Zedd said chuckling. "Aaron, I've known you since grade one. We were best friends in school. Bestest of friends. You actually attempted talking to the class's weirdo. I'm thankful. You shared with me food, when you knew what happened back at home-," he paused looking at me again. "-which was well, a strip club. Where my dad stayed all day doing nothing, but f***ing women and mom doing nothing but stripping to other men."

I gasped.

"You still accepted me. Accepted our differences. I weren't really disappointed when we drifted away in grade six when that new gang of boys joined. Naturally, a good-looking guy like you would want a high status. I didn't blame you. You left me behind, but I always had an eye on you, man. I knew that something wrong will happen one day. Naturally, any bad guy who generally had taunting people as a hobby will have to face something terrible. And I was scared for you.

"And even when you made fun of me in freshman year and all girls were revolted from me, I forgave you. I pitied you, to be honest, because I couldn't believe someone so good could turn too bad. But that was also okay. I embraced myself for the worst from you. And no matter how hard I tried not to look after you, I couldn't. You were my only best friend. However, one day in junior year, you came to school drunk. Everyone was shocked. You taunted me more. Told everyone my family's secret and f***ed up pretty bad. I knew that time that something broke in you.

"I was shocked so shocked I ended up here two years later. Scared of any girl. Scared to love any person. Scared to be
re-traumatized. It was horrible. Just then, I knew your mother has passed away. My heart pained for you, but you never cared. You looked worse by the day. You stopped hanging out in the cafeteria with the others. You stopped harassing the girls. You stopped eating. It was you and that bizarre recorder you hung out with. Several times I witnessed you having several panic attacks. I would watch you in the washroom panting holding your hands to your throat as you slid down the wall and sat on the floor as your eyes rolled back. You would mutter incoherent things about your mom as tears flooded from your eyes. You would keep hitting your head to the wall and closing your eyes as if you were in so much pain. You would keep moaning and crying, Aaron.

"I watched you. Because I was in the washroom eating my lunch. You were a mess. In senior year, you looked even worse. You looked so pale and had black circles around your eyes. You looked sick, but somehow you managed to top the class. You looked sleep deprived. Many times I tried approaching you, but you wouldn't spare me a glance. I knew you were feeling guilty. And I felt guilty for you feeling guilty about me. I would then, find you sleeping everywhere. In classes. In lunch time. No one cared about you, but I did! I gave you your freedom, but you were really worrying me.

"Your hands became shaky. You would bump into so many people and keep dropping your things. Only then I knew your dad too has killed himself. It wasn't until that one day when you were walking to calculus, that you fainted. My heart fell as I immediately called for help. It came. You were hospitalized for a week. Lack of sleep. I met your uncle then and told him of everything that happened to you. Everything. He was terrified. You then came less frequently to school and whenever anyone told you they were sorry for your father's death, you would snap at then and put your earphones and hood on. I was beyond worried.

"Then you never came back. I would keep waiting for you, but you never showed up, then things started getting very bad for me. My mom noticed me. I stopped eating and looked miserable. Your leaving was disastrous for me. I couldn't contact you. I thought something terrible happened to you.

"The point now, is that I really value your presence. I want you to heal. I know you've been through so much s***,  man. I know. But we all have. I really really care. I'm sorry."

Aaron looked up at Zedd, eyes and mouth wide open as he got up and ruffled back his hair. I kept looking at both of them shocked as my heart weared away. He suffered. Alot.

"Zach. Man, I don't know what to say," Aaron breathed as he placed a hand on Zedd's shoulder and used the other to rub his teary eyes.

"You don't have to say anything. I came to tell you that because I know how it feels to disappoint yourself and others around you. And it's this moment when you're supposed to stand up and fight your hundredth battle, not falter and accept the disappointment. I know, Aaron man, I know," Zedd said ruffling his blue hair.

I watched them my hands clasped to my mouth.

"Man, I'm one filthy dick," Aaron said and Zedd chuckled. "I was tricked by minute stupid pleasures. I should've known I could've always counted on you. But, Zach, after all that I've done to you?" Aaron said and Zedd smiled sincerely and nodded. Aaron gave him one deep look in his eyes and gave him a hug which included a lot of patting and inaudible murmurs.

Zedd breaks off and straightens himself.
"Anyway, why did I come here-? Oh yeah, breakfast! Okay so I'd rather go and give you space to, uh, get ready," Zedd said and shuffled to the door.

Aaron looked back at me and I dropped my hand.

"Aaand that's my life story," Aaron said sadly as he plopped back down next to me.

"Zedd? Zedd's-"

"Zacharias Dean," he said.

I try spelling the name and finally get it right.

"It never looked like you knew each other," I say in wonder. "You never told me you suffered that much!" I say quickly.

"Well, I was ashamed of what I did to him," he said ignoring my comment on him, "I felt really guilty I made him end up here. I feel like I really deserve reliving this misery," he said and I shake my head, not knowing what to say.

He was right. It was all his fault. It's more like the saying that goes like, you fall in the hole you dig for people.

"Aaron," I whisper to myself, and he looks at me mildly surprised.

"We have to go, Am. It's breakfast and I need to take my medicine."

----------

After a quiet breakfast, Dr.Cherry asked to see Aaron immediately in her suite. After several tantrums he threw, Zacharias and I shoved him up to her.

He came two hours later at 1 pm clutching with a scowl a new medicine bottle that looked different than his previous one.

Half an hour later, we had to get ready to get to the art gallery. Aaron changed his navy blue button up short into a black one and we were finally ready.

We went on a minibus where I sat at the very back with Cecilia on my left, who was talking non-stop about cooking and food. How she loved mixing things up in the kitchen and how she has baked her first cake when she was ten.

"It really iz simple. People just lack za technique and za patience wequired," she would say, meaning required. "Should I tell you za recipe?" Before I could even open my mouth she carries on. "Half a kilo of flour -no, three quarter kilo of flour... "

Aaron sat on my right next to Zacharias and talked about some football matches and blah blah blah.

We finally reached and stood infront of a very huge, intricate, intimidating structure.

Several men held their gloved gowned women's hands as they waltzed into the place.

And to give a great first impression, I tripped on my long gown gaining me several awkward glances from everyone around me. Aaron's laughing was definitely not helping the unnecessary attention I was getting.

Zacharias helped me up and I glared at a red-faced Aaron.

Dr.Marcus accompanied us this time and has guided us inside in next to no time.

We enter a huge marble decorated place where stood large paintings on the walls at least a meter apart where huge clusters of people stood. Some taking notes while others looked up on them like their life depended on it.

I was about to stumble again, but Aaron holds my hand and clears his throat.

I bite my lips as Dr.Marcus took us to the first painting which was a mix of random colours that-

"The colours don't even match," Syd said loudly as people standing next to us either glared or drifted off like we're some illiterate kind of  disease.

"Zey do!" Cecilia started. "Can't you see za deep cleavages of za shades?"

"Cleaveges," I heard Zach and Aaron murmur to each other grinning, before bursting out in laughter, gaining them a dirty look from Cecilia.

We totally don't fit here.

Dr. Marcus then took us to another picture that had a lady's and a guy's figures dancing beautifully.

"I can draw like zat," Cecilia said and Aaron actually scoffed. Cecilia and I scowled. I know that she can definitely draw that good. I also knew that she won't be talking to him for probably the rest of the day.

We then stopped at another painting of a vase.

"I have one very similar to that back in Australia," Brenda said. "It looks fascinating." We all nod. The detailing was definitely great that can only be done, by a talented artist.

We then stopped at a plain painting which had nothing, but a few random scribbles.
"My hills were more artistic than this s***. What were they thinking hanging something like that?" Aaron said and we all laughed except for Zach and Brenda who didn't ofcourse get it.

After a couple of more paintings and hours of joking and glares, we were out standing infront of the setting sun.

"But it was fun!" Syd said and Cecilia nodded happily.

We then went to another fancy restaurant and had 'lunch'. Aaron and I sat on a table alone separated from the rest of them. Zacharias would wolf-whistle at our table when Aaron would hold my hands or anything. Dr. Marcus would glare at him and we would laugh lightly.

We've ordered a meal that Dr. Marcus recommended. It was definitely the most scrumptious thing I've ever tasted.

We then finally returned tummies full and light-hearted.

I changed out of the long gown into my pyjamas. Dinner was still three hours from now.

We then all switched on the TV and watched a movie, Titanic. My thought drifted to Ryan Dean and how much he would've loved watching it.

I really really miss him.

Aaron and I took a long couch where we both layed down, my head on his chest as his arms wrap protectively around my waist.

Every now and then during the movie, he would randomly plant a kiss on my head and my heart would flutter more.

I love him.

The movie finally ends with Brenda and Cecilia drenched in tears, making me feel like a heartless b****.

Dinner was finally there. We went down and had a quick dinner, before returning and heading directly to our room where 'naked' Aaron and I layed down staring out of the big balcony. Yeah, the door was open.

Aaron's left hand held mine as his right hand played with my hair as I planted my head on his bare chest.

"Time flies, Amelia Cooper," he said in a deep voice. "Life sucks."

I continue staring at the indigo sky hearing his heart beat fast.

"It doesn't suck when you have people who care around you," I say softly and hear him sigh heavily.

A long silence follows before he opens his mouth and says.
"It's a good life, Amelia Cooper."

He then switches off the lights, murmur 'I love you' and then wrap his  arms around me.

I stay awake contemplating the shining stars. What life am I living? I knew he was awake. And he'll stay like that till the morning, holding me tight so I could sleep soundly, while he stays up making sure that my heart and his heart are beating next to each other. I sniff back my tears as I nest my fingers in his hair.

He stays awake for me.

And it's killing him.

The sun rays tickled me awake. I rubbed my eyes yawning and looked at the balcony's open door with Aaron's back as a view.

I get out of the bed brushing back my hair. I walk slowly to him feeling the cold ceramic beneath my bare feet. I take a deep breath as a cool breeze infiltrated through my messy hair.

I cross the balcony's threshold as Aaron's head dropped between his hands as he ruffled back his hair.

I reach out for him, my fingers a few inches from his now hunched back. He immediately turns to face me and my heart jumps.

"Oh hey," he said rubbing his delicate, red eyes blinking at me, his face losing its colour as the days passed.

I smile weakily as he wraps his arms around me and start rubbing circles on my back. I close my eyes smiling against his hard chest.

He pulls back and grins his hair falling over his face.

I smile and push back his hair.

"One more day, huh?" he said and I nodded inspite of the pang that ripped open my dripping wounds. I learned that the best way to deal with this is to simply accept this, like I accepted every other dagger directed at my battered heart.

"Okay! Since it's like nine thirty, you'd better get ready for breakfast."

"Wierd you didn't wake me up early today," I say and he he raises his eyebrows lowering his gaze to meet mine.

"I know," he said smiling. "I know you couldn't sleep yesterday till dawn or more wasting your precious tears."

I gasped feeling tears stinging at the back of my eyes.

"You're so cute," he murmured. "Like I wanna kiss you right now. Can I? Why the hell am I even taking permissio-" he cupped my face and kissed me smoothly as his silky lips moved against mine in a beautiful rhythm. I feel him pause and smile against my lips as I kiss him back.

He pulls back and I grin.

"Let me get ready," I say turning around last seeing his longing eyes.

I opened the closet and ran my hand through the dresses. I pick out the pale blue dress despite of Aaron's opinion. It was a simple half sleeved, knee long dress with dark blue stripes.

I took a quick shower and put on the dress with ease. It flow freely and hid my chest well. I slipped the locket under the dress which formed a bulge on my chest.

I get out finding Brenda awake rubbing her eyes sleepily and yawning widely while Zach drawled behind her heading to another washroom.

"Morning Brenda," I say causally, but she doesn't reply. She seems like she's in another world.

I wonder whether Syd and Cecilia are awake.

I knock on their room's door and hear a loud 'COME IN!'.
I open the door finding Cecilia sitting cross-legged across Syd on a huge bed similar to ours with a coffee in her hands.

"You're awake and dressed already!" Syd said raising her eyebrows, her blond hair raised in a messy bun as her short, fluffy violet dress layed gracefully around her.

"She woke me up at like seven thirty! Zat was too early for me!" Cecilia said looking stunning in the simple black dress she wore.

"Oh shut up, you lazy being! You spend the night talking nonstop about romantic movies and then you complain when I wake you up earl-"

"You didn't tell me, you'd wake me up early or I would 'ave shut up!" Cecilia complained. I laugh and Syd gestured for me to join them.

"So we were talking about what'll happen when we leave. I mean how are we gonna keep in touch? Celia said she'll probably return to France with Sam-"

"Yes, me and Sam discussed zis togezzer. He seems very excited about it!" Cecilia said interrupting Syd who nodded.

"Well, I guess we have phones and phone numbers," I start, but Syd rolls her eyes.

"Am, love, last time I've held a phone was like four years ago. So I know nothing," Syd said.

"Excatly," Cecilia said agreeing with Syd. "But we'll figure it out later. What will you do when you go out? I missed zree years of my career life!"

"YOU WORKED?!" Syd and I said at the same time surprised.

"Well, ofcourse! How would I have lived independently zen? I'm a very good fashion designer! I just opened up my own boutique. And when my parents made it very hard for me and have traumatized me, I left it to my eldest brozzer, Alex and traveled here," Cecilia said proudly. "I can't believe I'll see Alex so soon!"

"I don't know what I'll do honestly," Syd said. "Probably become a stripper or something," she said laughing and we shook our heads not surprised. "Well, what do you expect?! The four years I stayed here I convinced Dr.George -the previous owner of the asylum, I can't believe he died- to give me college courses in law and all. He agreed, so I have been studying. Maybe I'll join college!" Syd said seriously.

"You're still a baby, Amelia," Cecilia said laughing at me. Apparently, I'm still to be a senior in high school.

I shrugged. "A junior who wasted her summer trying to get her brain's s*** together, yeah."

"Sucks, being a senior," Syd said to no one in particular.

I can already feel that my senior year will definitely be one GREAT year. *wipes tears silently in a corner*

"Celia, do you have any idea where we're going today?" Syd said and Cecilia shrugged.

"I don't know, but I can guess. We can go to some museum. I zink zat would be very boring, especially zat zis is our last day here! It has to be somezing very special and exotic!" Cecilia said.

"Like an amusement park?" Syd said, and Cecilia gave her a 'b****-the-f***?' look at which I laughed.

"How is zat possibly exotic?" Cecilia said.

"It's not! But it's not boring! Plus," Syd said smirking. "-it's romantic."

Cecilia looked at her thoughtfully. It seems like Syd has convinced her.

"Well, if you say so," Cecilia said shrugging.

"But won't they provide us with suitable outfits?" I said pointing disgusted at the dress.

"Well they have! I literally have four outfits in my closet!" Syd said and Cecilia nodded.

"You do?!"

"Well yeah," Syd said shrugging.

"You mean to say, we might be going to an amusement park today?!" I say excited.

"Or a carnival!" Syd added cheerfully.

"Or a museum," Cecilia said and we both turned to her, annoyed at her pessimistic way of viewing things. More of realistic way than pessimistic.

"Oh Celia-" the door was then suddenly yanked open and we all gasped as Aaron ambled in looking least concerned.

I had my heart in my throat as I took in his beauty. He wore black pants and a white button up shirt buttoned to the last button. His hair was still messy with nothing, but sunglasses pushed back on it.

"What the f***, you look like an idiot," Syd said monotone as Cecilia laughed and I stared at Aaron's disturbed face.

Syd got up from the bed and headed to Aaron who backed away for a few steps. She then grabbed him from the neck of his shirt with enough force to drop the glasses on his eyes.

"You idiot. You do not button the first two buttons of a button up shirt. I noticed you yesterday, but I couldn't have a lonely moment with you to abuse you," she said unbuttoning his first two buttons. "Then," she said placing her hands on her hips. "-only idiots like you wear sunglasses, when they're only going to have breakfast in the hotel. No sun sunshine," she said snatching away the glasses, and I was reminded of the old woman in the plane with sunglasses on and so I started laughing.

Aaron looked at me red in the face. He must be embarrassed to death. Cecilia laughed too and he raised his arm to push back his hair when Syd held it. "Don't button the cuff's buttons. You look like my great grandpa. You're a teenager," she said unbuttoning it and pushing it back to his elbow. "You must have style." She then reached to his hair and messed it up completely. She then took a few steps backward examined her 'masterpiece' and nodded satisfied.

"Better," she muttered tottering back to the bed as we three stared at a harassed looking Aaron.

From handsome he went to badass in a few seconds.

"Wow, Syd, thank you so much," Aaron said gruffly trying to push down his hair. "You have any idea how much time it took me to comb my hair?!" he said and Syd scoffed.

"What do you want?" Syd said and Aaron raised his eyebrows.

"Oh ofcourse, when evil powers unite, they forget their peasant friend," Aaron said and Cecilia smirked. "Anyway, it's already breakfast time, so you gotta move your- why the hell did you wear the blue dress Am?" he said suddenly and I looked down at my dress in surprise.

"It's nice?" I said and he shook his head.

"It's not-"

"Well, it is you blind piece of s***," Syd said looking at me. "Never mind him girl."

Aaron took a deep breath.
"Can't I share my opinion with my girlfriend?" he said, and Syd raised her eyebrows as if offended. She then turned to me.

"Amelia, whose opinion you trust more, mine or his?" she said and I cringed at her 'you-better-gimme-the-answer-on-my-mind-b****' look.

"Yours," I say slowly as a grin crept on her face. She then turned to Aaron teasingly.

"I'm not jealous," Aaron said rolling his eyes and crossing his arms and I laughed.

"Suuure," Cecilia said and Syd laughed.

"Oh shut it and get your asses up," he said getting out of the room.

"Well, I guess we should leave too," Syd said and we all nodded.

----------

We sat on our tables. Aaron and I managed a table for ourselves. Aaron for once decided to try something new and served himself tomato soup and garlic bread. I took the same.

After being done with breakfast, we headed back to the suite, when Dr.Bawse came in and closed the door.

"Okay, everyone, please settle down," he said in a strong Indian accent as we all sat down staring at him. Aaron and I on the floor. Syd and Brenda on the couch. Cecilia on a wooden chair and Zach standing.

"Now, you must be curious about where we'll be heading," he said in sophistication as he brought his fingertips together. "We'll actually be heading to the amusement park-" Syd stood up from the couch and shouted 'YESSS!! IN YOUR FACE CELIA!' scaring the hell out of us. Cecilia raised her eyebrows and smiled.

"Amusement park? With what we're wearing? Unless it's some kind of park designed for us to look like old people. Like imagine a slow rollercoaster-" Zach starts, but is interrupted by Dr.Bawse.

"How come? They haven't provided? We have shared the plan with them a-"

"There are!" Syd and Zach say at the same time.

"I have four casual outfits," Syd repeated.

"I have two!" Zach said glancing at Aaron who looked surprised.

"Very, very well, then. You have to get ready within no time, if you are to utilize your time. Don't forget your cameras. I'll be back in half an hour, okay?" he paused for a millisecond then answered himself. "Okay."

Everyone shuffled to their rooms. Zach with Aaron and Brenda and I to Syd's and Cecilia's room.

We sat on the bed while Syd yanked open the closet doors in excitement. She then pulled out four different outfits and layed them on the bed.

She then squealed as Cecilia volunteered to give every one their 'matching outfit' which is nothing but 'the ozzer half of one's soul'.

She gave Syd shorts and a baggy beige full-sleeved shirt. She then gave her a brown leather necklace with a feather as an accessory. Syd ran immediately to the washroom as 'not to waste any of our never-returning time'.

Cecilia then gave Brenda shin-length denims and a rose sweater that said 'LOVE ME OR HATE ME. EITHER WAY I'M HAUNTING YOUR MIND." She then gave her a pink ribbon for her hair.

She then turned to me clasping her hands smiling before handing me a black half sleeved shirt saying '100% IMPERFECTION', pale blue ripped jeans and a red-black flannel. She explained how I had to tie the flannel around my waist not wear it. "Do NOT wear it or you'll look ridiculous!" she kept repeating as she handed me a long silver necklace with a 'hope' pendent, but I refused, showing her the locket I was wearing.

She then left for herself high-waist denim blue pants and a plain maroon shirt accesorized by a black choker.

Syd came back in looking amazing and she started thanking Cecilia. Brenda came in too looking satisfied with herself as she kept talking about how she loved the ribbon.

I then went out of the room and bumped into someone.

I look up finding Aaron in dark blue baggy denims, a white shirt, a brown leather jacket and his camera hanging randomly around his neck.

"I'm a sexy beast, aren't I?" he said grinning in his British accent making me laugh.

"Oh please," I say pushing him out of the way heading to the washroom.

Yes. Yes, you are.

----------

We were so excited that we were actually going to an amusement park after a lifetime of going to boring cafés and art galleries. We sang all the way on the bus. Brenda, ofcourse, kept showing off with her high notes which Aaron attempted disastrously.

It was a long trip and Dr.Bawse would keep repeating the instructions every ten minutes in his Indian accent 'just to make sure', always interrupting Zach's singing parts.

We finally reach and hop off from the minibus excitement reaching its peak.
Syd was the first to squeal when we stood infront of the hugest amusement park I've ever seen! I could see the gigantic red loops of the rollercoaster and the Ferris wheel from the outside.

I feel Aaron sidle up next to me and I look at his worried face in surprise.

"What happened?" I ask feeling my heart momentarily fall.

"Oh it's nothing serious," he said quickly, definitely sensing my panic. "It's just- well that's embarrassing- I've never been to an amusement park and this looks really intimidating."

I raise my eyebrows.
"You've never been to an amusement park?! Man, how did you live?" I said and he smirks.

"Probability of living without going to an amusement park seems to be incredibly high to me," he said pointing at the rollercoaster loops. "I mean I can live without having myself hung upside down. I mean imagine slipping and falling all the way down! It's very dangerous-"

"Air, love, you're strapped to your seat such that you can never slip!" I said as we took a step forwards to get the tickets.

"But it can get stuck!" he said too loudly that everyone's heads snapped in our direction.

"What exactly gets stuck, Aaron?" Syd said from behind him and we turned to her finding her winking at us.

They both laughed while Cecilia and I stood not understanding what they're really laughing about. Do you?

We enter finally and immediately get welcomed by the piercing screams coming from every direction.

"More of a punishment park that an amusement park, in my opinion," Aaron whispered from next to me, and I ignored him as a current of people rushed past us talking, eating and laughing.

"Okay, listen to me- Brenda beta please, look at me- okay, you are all free to play what you want- Aaron, you're not free to make problems with other people though," Dr.Bawse said looking at Aaron who was bickering with a tiny boy now on the verge of tears. Aaron looked up and Dr.Bawse cleared his throat and continued. "Okay, please I don't want to keep looking for you, when it's five, I expect you at the gates. I won't go looking for anyone. If you don't turn up we'll leave without you. Okay? Now you got a nice four hours to play in. If you want anything, I'll be having a coffee in that little coffee shop, okay? Okay," he finally said leaving us alone.

"I'll go checkout the Ferris wheel," Brenda said and Zach awkwardly nodded as he muttered 'same' and followed her towards it after Aaron winked at him.

"Okay, let's check out the roller coaster!" Syd said clapping her hands in excitement and Cecilia, Aaron and I followed.

---------

Trying the rollercoaster as the first thing was definitely an unwise decision because just as I expected, Aaron came down vomiting his breakfast contents in the dust bin while Syd clapped his back. However, Aaron has insisted that it was so much fun and forced us to stand in the long line two other times.

After that, Syd and Cecilia decided they wanted some popcorn and that we are so 'boorring' and so left us alone. Aaron then insisted to head to the mechanical bull, to which I refused.

"Not happening, Air. Riding a rollercoaster got you vomit-"

"So you think I'm weak?"

"No-"

"Do you think that I won't be able to do it? Besides have you forgotten that there is no remaining breakfast in my stomach for vomiting?"

"Okay fine. Go. But don't tell me I didn't tell you."

And off we went towards the mechanical bull. There was literally no one standing in the line.

Everyone was watching a bearded man getting tossed from left to right as he grasped on the bull, around the ring. Then someone shouted from the audience.

"ONE MINUTE!!" That was followed by loud cheers. Apparently, that was the amount of time he had managed to stay on the bull.

However almost after the cheers, his right hand slipped off the bull and with a jerk, his left leg flew from the support and he fell on his left side next to the bull. There were several gasps before the man got up, grinned and then a round of applause came.

He then came out of the ring smirking satisfied. I looked around me, but Aaron was gone. For a moment I thought he had backed down, but that was before I saw him take off his leather jacket and throw it in my direction. I caught it and watched him flex his muscular arms as a loud cheer came.

I saw him borrow three bobby pins from one of the standing girls and fix his hair back. I laughed as I picked up my camera and started clicking pictures of him putting on the bobby pins.

He then came up on the bull, gave me the world's greatest grin, and then held tight on the bull.

"IN 3 - 2 - 1!" The same man shouted as the bull started moving. I saw the surprised look on his face as his grip tightened. I kept taking pictures ecstatically.

The bull was so powerful, to the extent that Aaron was thrown up off the bull, but somehow miraculously ended up holding on to its head again.

My heart was in my throat, the time when both his hands slipped and flailed as his feet remained determined on the support.

"ONE MINUTE!" the man shouted as the crowd erupted in cheers.

I could see Aaron's red face, he was no longer grinning, but holding on to his dear life. I laughed at the thought and took more pictures.

With a sickening jerk, Aaron slipped off the bull and fell only to have his left foot stuck on the foot support. Several gasps followed as he was lifted and thrown to the ground as the bull continued moving. My heart fell and I shouted. He was stuck!

"STOP! STOP IT NOW! OH MY GOD, AARON! STOP THE THING! STOP IT!" I said at the top of my voice as the bull finally stopped and the man shrieked.

"ONE MINITE AND FORTY FIVE SECONDS!"

But there was no applause. Aaron was freeing his foot. I ran inside the ring and kneeled next to him. He was breathing hard as he clutched onto his foot.

I quickly pulled up his jeans' left leg and found a great bruise on his ankle.

"I'm okay, I'm okay!" he kept said pulling down his jean's leg forcefully.

"Your ankle! It's bruised!" I say. "What were you thinking, Air?" I ask and he raised his eyebrows.

"I just won!" he said loudly as I snapped my head to everyone's concerned faces. "I told you I was gonna win!" he said getting up, but then ended falling down again wincing.

"Okay. That hurts," he muttered and I shook my head heaving him upwards.

He looked at the audience and grinned satisfactory and they all cheered back as we left the ring, Aaron clutching my arm and bickering about how much his ass hurt from jumping up and down on the bull.

-------

"I can't believe you underestimated me!" he said this for the millionth time as he took a huge bite of his icecream.

"You strained your ankle," I said flatly.

"But I won!"

"Air, you won because half the time you were stuck," I said and he scowled. We were currently walking around with our icecreams deciding the rides we should try next. Aaron limping though.

"Isn't that effort too? Getting stuck on a humping bull by one foot?" he said angrily and I laughed.

"Yeah sure. I noticed," I said laughing more as he his expression changed into sadness.

"Might as well, be something you'll remember for me forever."

Then I remembered with a terrible pang that today as our last day together. I hold my ice cream cone in my left hand and use my right hand to hold his hand.

"Today has to be different, Am. It's our last day. I have to make it special for you. Very very special," he said his words stumbling forcefully as if he was fighting tears himself as he tightened his hold around my hand.

Then there was a painfully long pause that I decided to break.
"But how?" I say feeling my eyes swim in tears already. "We will be returning in an hour! An hour! Then we'll have lunch, return to the hotel, have dinner, sleep and then say our goodbyes!" I say.

It sounded even worse out loud as tears rolled silently down. "I wanna die," I say and Aaron's head snaps in my direction.

"No, you don't. You can't. It's okay-"

"Not okay. We only have a few hours Air, that to we're not alone. That's not enough! Never enough! Not fair!" I sob and I hear Aaron's breath hitch.

"I'll make it all night, Am. Not only a few hours. We'll do something about it! You'll be mine Am for the rest of the day. And it starts by not turning up to Dr.Bawse at five. We're not returning until we have enough of each other-"

"But I can't have enough of you," I say miserably sniffing. Aaron looks at me and grins.

"I know. But it's better than nothing, don't you think? And let's compromise. What do you say? Are you in?" he asked and I smiled sadly feeling the icecream drip on my wrist.

"In. In. Definitely in, love."

Time passed in a blur. In a minute, I was crying and in the other I was having his arms wrapped around me on the top of the Ferris wheel. The breeze was light and cool, but the mood was heavier than ever. The sun was setting and I knew it'll be five in a few minutes. Just like it'll be tomorrow in a few hours. Just like it'll be my last look in his eyes in a couple of more hours. Just like that time flies.

Just like that.

I shift placing my head on his chest tired at the cruelty of this life. A life where I never get what I want, what I really deserved. But after all, what kind of life is a life where you get what you want?

And I only wanted one thing.  I want him. I want him so much. So much than I've ever wanted him before. Because he was the insanity of my calm and the beat to my heart. He was the one who held me. Who showed there was hope. Hope in love.

I never knew that I can miss someone so much, now that I know I can't have him next to me. I felt the urge to keep him mine burning me.

He laced his hands around mine and squeezed it. I loved this comfortable silence. I don't know what'll happen next, but I know that there isn't much time. And there also isn't much to do, and that was frightening, my dear friends.

I closed my eyes shut as the car we were riding in started going down. It was wierd I didn't cry. I guess my eyes were too dry because there isn't enough tears to cry for him.

"Amelia?" he whispered from next to me and I looked up at him.

"I'm not feeling well," he said and I pulled away and looked at him my heart in my throat.

"What do you mean?" I said looking closely at his pale, pale face.

"I just- never mind," he said heavily and I shook my head.

"Tell me, Air. Please. Tell me what's wrong. Are yo-you in pain?"

He paused looked at me then smiled gently.
"Besides the unbearable pain of having to leave you, no. I don't think so."

"Are you sure, Air?"

"Believe me, I'm awesome."

I don't believe him. Something was wrong. So terribly wrong and late. And my heart was throbbing and my head was turning and turning. I feel nauseaus.

"Air, I think you should see Dr.Cherry. I think you have overexerted yourself today," I say convinced by my reasoning, which wasn't any good.

He doesn't sleep. He barely has the energy to survive. But going on a rollercoaster? A mechanical bull? Vomiting all his breakfast? That really seems worrying.

"Don't be silly," he said looking at a point infront of him. "I'm just- hungry."

I kept staring at him, but he never looked at me. You know, most of the times, you can tell the truth from the person infront of you just by a look in his eyes. You just know something's up. You just know.

And I know something's up with him.

The car stopped and I went down to help Aaron who refused my help.

I saw Syd and Cecilia laughing each clutching cotton candy on their way to the gate. Zacharias and Brenda lingered behind them. Brenda was laughing while Zach looked at her in astonishment.

They were happy.

Aaron clutched my hand.
"You know, we're not actually going with them right?"

"Aaron, I don't think -"

"Do you trust me?" he said wearily and I nodded. "Then, follow me -"

"But you said, you weren't feeling good!" I said quickly so that he won't interrupt.

He then looked at me with an intense gaze and burst out laughing rubbing his eyes.

"I was joking!" he said dropping his hands. "I love seeing you put on the 'mummy' character. Turns me on, you know?"

I didn't laugh. Just in case you don't know, half the joking is truth. And it's based on how good you know the person to fish the truth out.

"Come on! Stop being a miserable being! It's our only day, Am! Let's make the best out of it."

"Air-" I said, but then stopped. What if it really was a joke? What if I'm overreacting and making a big deal out of a joke? But this is a matter of life or death.

This is Aaron.

"I see them already leaving. Damn, that Cherry b**** will be mad," he said jokingly. "Okay, we can leave now."

I followed him wordlessly through the crowds and finally through the gates. The screams were a blur in my overwhelmed brain.

What if I'm leading him to his devastation? What if something terrible happens? So many what ifs and risks.

And soon we were in the light illuminated streets, the cars zooming next to us.

We walked on the pavement, Aaron's ankle getting better.

"You know where I'm taking you Amelia Cooper?" Aaron's energy-filled voice snapped me out of my daydream.

"No," I said softly.

"Guess!" he said clapping his hands excited.

I looked at him not knowing how he's keeping his s*** together. I envy him.

"How? How can you be so happy?" I blurt and Aaron looked at me surprised. "How can you keep it up? How can you keep up that fake facade? How? You don't sleep! You overexert yourself! You-you-" I was sobbing, panting and sniffing. "You're so cool with everything! I'm burning, Aaron!" I was shouting at the darkness feeling the pain in my voice cut through it. "I. AM. BURNING! I'm not okay! I can't be! Aaron. Aaron!" I repeat his name and scream it at the dark as if demanding it to give him back to me eternally.

"I can't breathe, when I remember that this is our last hours together. My heart-I can't -" I sob and Aaron stops and look at my teary eyes with a frown. "I can't breathe, Air, with-without you. I love you!"

Aaron then clutches my tear streaked face between his cold hands and shakes his head slowly. He shuts his eyes as if feeling deeply guilty. He then pressed his forehead onto mine and I can't stop sobbing as his arms held me closer to him.

"I'm keeping this facade for you. For you, only. I'm a wilting flower inside, Am. I'm a nothing, love," he murmured closing his eyes, before opening teary ones.

I kiss him under the street lights, not able to resist his proximity. I then break the kiss to let out a sob and he bushes back my hair and kisses me back deeply. He pulls back and wipes away his silent tears.

"Your love is insane, Amelia Cooper," he said and I sniffed.

He then hugged me for a very, very long time. I heard his slow rhythmic heart beat and closed my eyes.

I pull away and he smiles at me before holding both my hands and twirling me as he laughed a deep laugh. I fall back in his arms against his chest and find myself laughing lightly. He then rocks me and whispers funny things in my ears.

I laughed more as he placed his head on my chin. He then raised my left hand and kissed it.

"I love you, Amelia Cooper," he whispered in my ear. "But for now, let's go somewhere where we can eat."

-------

"Pizza?" I said feeling my mouth water as we stood infront of an unknown pizza restaurant. Yess!"

He smiles at me, wrinkles forming next to his beautiful eyes.

"Let's get in," he said and the door dinged on our entrance. We were welcomed by loud energetic music that we did't know.

"HELLOOO! WELCOME AND WELCOME!" a stout bald man with a strong Italian accent came out of nowhere and greeted us. "This is the number one restaurant for ITALIAN PIZZAH!" he said then slapped his forehead. "Ofcourse, ofcourse, I forgot! Take a seat young beauties," he said pointing at an empty chipped wooden table in the corner. Everyone here seemed  used to this man's way of welcoming people they didn't even look up.

I glanced at Aaron and he shrugged. We took our seats and the man followed us.

"What would you want? You have a wide variety of delicious pizzah to chose from. Like, vegetable pizzah, chicken with special tomato sauce, pineapple pizzah, pepperoni, cheese pizzah, meat-"

"Cheese pizza," Aaron and I say at the same time to our surprise.

The man beamed.
"Okay! It's coming!" he said walking away leaving us alone.

"How did you know this place?" I say laughing at the shocked look on his face.

"I don't know this place," he said lowering his voice. "I saw it from the window when we were on our way to the amusement park."

The music was too loud and it was also too cold, I put on my flannel despite Cecilia's severe warnings.

"Take," Aaron said and I looked up finding him handing me his brown leather jacket.

"Oh no, I'm fine," I say smiling melting at his action.

"Oh that wasn't an option, love," he said his British accent making him sound sharper than he intended to.

I reach out for the jacket and put it on. It was so warm, I was thawing.

"Thank you," I say and he frowns.

"Since when do we thank each other," he said raising his eyebrows.

I was about to reply when the stout man returned with a big plate balanced on his hand.

"Your pizzah my dear young friends! Enjoy its cheesy texture and extra crunchy crust," he said grinning before leaving to serve other people.

Aaron looked at me before taking his first slice. I took one too and started eating it.

Wow. Wow. Wow. Wow. It was beautiful.

"Holy s***-" Aaron said. "I was expecting the worst," he said and I laughed nodding.

And soon we were done. We started talking about random things like how Aaron never tried smoking, but would really like to. I threatened him by telling him that I hate smokers. He then laughed and said 'me too'.

The minutes were slipping into hours and it was nine thirty when Adele's voice blared through the restaurant causing Aaron to straighten up and before even opening my mouth he was already singing loudly. He even stood on the tabletop and started moving as I kept clicking pictures laughing embarrassed. I took them and placed them in Aaron's jacket's inner pocket along with the others. People stared at him amused, but then minded their own business.

With a surprise despacito followed (which was Aaron's new favorite song). He then gestured for me to get on the tabletop with him and dance.

I refused, but he dragged me up and started dancing causing me to move too.

"Aaron stop acting stupid- oh my god," I shrieked as he twirled me causing me to crash on his chest. He then placed his hands on my hips and whispered in my ears.

"Dance."

And it was crazy how the music forced me to move with him. There were several hoots and laughter, before someone started singing in Spanish along with the song surprising me so I kneeled and laughed.

The stout man came in with pizza balanced on both of his hands and shrieked in delight, "DESPACITO! DESPACITO!'

Aaron kept murmuring in my ears, 'slowly, slowly' which was what despacito meant in a deep, husky voice. My heart would fumble and stumble.  The whole restaurant was literally facing us and clapping every once in a while.

Another couple got on another tabletop and started swaying slowly as the lady was still eating her pizza slice while laughing in disbelief.

More people were coming in and with amusement on their faces they took a seat.

Aaron was rocking me and I placed hands around both of his which were on my waist.

Aaron then twirled me and in the process threw the camera to the Italian stout man.

"Pictures! Take pictures!" Aaron screamed and I took off Aaron's jacket feeling hot. The man nodded vigorously and started.

The song then changed into one which wasn't English, but had a great beat, we couldn't stop. I was happy with Aaron holding me tight. Happy he was breathing on my neck. Happy he was running his hands all over me leaving me dizzy at times. Happy he was happy.

The Italian man came with beer cans and I was so shocked, I almost tripped and laughed, but Aaron held me and shouted 'PERFECT!' as the man gave him a bottle. I refused, not wanting to be wasted today. I wanted to remember everything with him.

I was going to tell Aaron the same thing, but he unscrewed his bottle and brought it to his mouth and slurped it all up at once. He then dropped the empty can on the chair and hooted getting a new can in his hand.

"Aaron!" I say sharply and he looks at me with empty eyes.

"Yes?"

"You shouldn't get drunk. It's dangerous for your body. For your brain!" I say feeling panicky all of a sudden.

"Don't worry, I don't get drunk that easily," he said and I shook my head.

"Aaron if you get drunk you'll forget!" I say and as if my words have reignited something within him.

"But I want to forget," he said simply and I was no longer dancing, but standing as the rest of the restaurant hooted for two other dancing couples.

"Aaron-" I start feeling tears in my eyes already.

"Well can you blame me?" he started and my heart stopped.

-----------
AARON'S POV

The word 'forget' seemed to echo in my empty mind.

Forget.
Forget.
Forget.
Forget.

Please let me forget. Please. Let me forget that this is my last day as a free man. Let me forget the pain of separation from her. Let me forget, god damn it!

I see the tears glisten in her eyes as I tell her the truth. I want to forget.

At times I would plead god to take away the somniphobia and give me instead AlZaheimer's. That'd be better and easier by all accounts. I'll forget I loved and the pain of love. I'll forget mom who held me hostage and left me sick. I'll even forget I was sick. I'll be happy.

What do I want to remember anyway? Her crying? Her pain for my senseless, pathetic self? Her agony and sleepless nights holding my hands and whispering 'I'll miss you Air'? What kind of memories are those?

I'm sick on the inside! I'm right now shouting at you. Asking you to help me out, because it's devastating! Devastating to be a prisoner of your illness! You sacrifice so much! So f***ing much, you end up sacrificing yourself! I'm dying on the inside knowing that the few hours left of the night are my LAST good hours with her. I'm dying on the inside because I know I can't do anything about it! I know that returning to that s***ty hole, is the right choice. For HER! ONLY FOR HER!

I look at her, what should I say?

GODDAMIT TELL ME WHAT SHOULD I SAY!!!

SHOULD I TELL HER THAT MY LOVE TO HER IS KILLING ME, I JUST WANT TO FORGET?! SHOULD I TELL HER THAT SHE DOESN'T UNDERSTAND HOW IT FEELS TO RETURN AGAIN?! SHOULD I TELL HER I'D RATHER DIE?! SHOULD I TELL HER THE COLD, HARD TRUTH?

SHOULD I?

I shut my eyes and smile, feeling the sickness of the situation scar my heart.

"Ofcourse not!" I say softly. "I mean, don't you too want to forget? The pain and all that negative energy?"

She looks at me doubt still clouding her beautiful greenish eyes. I push back her red hair- a pleasure I always enjoyed. She simply seemed so delicious to me.

I place my left hand fingers through her hair, bring her closer to me.

"I would never. Ever. Want to forget you, Amelia. Ever. And you know it. Okay? I love you. I love you so much. And it hurts, Am. It hurts that I won't have the only one left next to me. I want to forget that pain, love," I say and she looked relieved. I pull her into a deep kiss my right hand still clutching the beer can, which I let go off and hold her properly instead.

I wanted to cry at the beauty of the things I was feeling. Her being mine is a great honor.

I know I will be returning tomorrow on a cure path, that might take as long as it takes. But I just want to make sure that this will be the last time I'll be taking that path.

For her.

---------

AMELIA'S POV.

He kisses me with intensity, with pain that hits my heart, with love and passion and with lust.

He breaks the kiss and looks at me eyes glistening.

"It's time to leave, Amelia. It's already, eleven," he said and my breath hitched, but I nodded.

We went down the tabletop, the restaurant has successfully turned into a bar with people laughing, dancing and singing loudly as more people even came in.

Aaron took his jacket, the camera and the pictures from the Italian guy, who thanked us for today, before we paid and left otherwise, unnoticed.

--------

We were sitting infront of the hotel on the same bench we sat on last time, enjoying the cool breeze watching and signing the pictures we have taken and enjoying the soft rhythm of the music coming from the café below the hotel.

Aaron laughed watching himself on the bull looking constipated. I smiled and watched him laugh shaking his head, his hair still held by the bobby pins he stole from the girl.

He then turned the picture and scribbled laughing.

'The humping bull ~ 24/8/17'

He then gave it to me to save it as a memory.

He then looked at the next picture which was my magnified face. I wasn't even looking at the camera and wasn't smiling, but a mere expression of shock on my face. I looked so f***ing ugly in it Aaron was kneeling in laughter. I guess I took it by mistake for myself when I was running to help Aaron from the bull.

I laughed too looking at my face. The more I looked at the picture, the uglier it seemed.

He the turned the picture and scribbled.

'Idiotic oblivious front camera face~ 24/8/17'

I laugh as he then changes the picture into one in which we were dancing. I was stooping laughing with my hair falling down lazily, my hands in the air. Aaron was looking down at me grinning, his hands on my tummy.

"Well, that's beautiful," I say and he pouts.

"No! I wasn't even posing in it," he said in a girly voice and I laughed. He then scribbles.

'DESPACITO~ 24/8/17'

"I'm taking this as a memory," he then said seriously.

"No! Not fair!" I cross my arms and he smiles ignoring me pocketing this picture and the one I looked ugly in in his pocket.

We then looked down at the picture in which we were kissing. Aaron's left hand in my hair, the right one clutching a beer can. I had my arms wrapped around his torso. It was awesome.

No one said a thing, but we both kept staring at the picture. Both of out hearts burning with the fact that both of us will be missing this. For a long time.

Aaron then pocketed it in his pocket after scribbling 'The forget kiss~ 24/8/17' and I didn't complain.

The next photo was of Aaron hooting while dropping the empty beer can.

I laughed and took this photo feeling tears already on their way, all they needed to take was a steep south.

Then there was this photo of me sleeping. My mouth slightly open, my hair on the pillow and some strands were on my face.

"Don't blame me! You looked very peaceful," he said and I was blushing looking down at the picture which he then turned and scribbled.

'Tempting Peace~ 22/8/17'

He pocketed it. Then there was another picture of me sleeping, but I looked stressed. My eyebrows pinched, my mouth shut and my hair all over my cheeks.

"That was yesterday," he told me. "You looked really disturbed. And-" he suddenly stopped and shrugged. "-I found it beautiful."

My heart melted as I held his left hand.

He smiled, turnt the picture on its back and wrote in a cursive handwriting.

'Beautifully distracted. 23/8/17'

He pocketed it and I sniffed; there were no more pictures.

"Okay. Want to go up?" he suggested, "It's already twelve-thirty. You might want to -sleep."

I didn't respond, so Aaron took my hand and dragged me up.

And so we finally returned.

------------
When we stepped into the suit, not a single being was in bed. All were in high spirits apparently watching a football match.

"ZA BALL IZ ZERE YOU DUMB ZING! LOOK AT ZA BAL- HE TOOK IT FROM YOU!" Cecilia exploded as Aaron and I started.

We closed the door behind us, causing all their heads to turn to us.

There was a silence disturbed by the sound of the TV screaming GOAL.

"WHERE THE HELL HAVE BEEN GUYS? WE'VE BEEN WORRIED SICK-" Brenda started.

"You little pieces of s*** ditched without me-"

"Zat was so insensible having us worried-"

"Man we even scolded Dr.Bawse for leaving your asses behind!" Zach said ending the commotion.

"AND YOU MADE ME MISS ZA GOAL!" Cecilia said angrily and Aaron and I laughed at their death glares.

"Damn chill!" Aaron said which angered them more. "We just needed more alone time. Romantic time," he added looking at a mad Cecilia who loosened up.

Everyone then nodded, shrugged and looked back at the TV screen.

As we turned to our room, Brenda's voice blared behind us.

"You'll have a lot of explanation to do to Dr.Cherry. She's literally losing it."

I looked back at her, but she was focusing on the TV.  I shrugged and entered the room after Aaron.

Aaron closed the door as I sat on the bed smiling. Aaron joined me after taking off his jacket.

"So Amelia, I never asked you, do you have a tattoo?"

"A tattoo?" I ask surprised at the irrelevance of the question. "Yes, I actually do have one."

He raised his eyebrows.

"Really? Wow. Where is it?" he said and I smiled.

I looked between my index and middle finger, where it layed on my middle finger's side. A broken arrow.

I showed it to him and he stared at it with a frown on his face.

"What does it represent?" he asked and I smiled sadly.

"My state when dad died?" I said bitterly and he lightly brushed his index finger over it. "And you?" I said quickly feeling the mood darken.

"Oh I've got one," he said smiling.

"Show me."

He got up raised his shirt, unbuttoned his pants and was about to unzip it when I raised him a hand to stop him.

"What are you doing?!" I say feeling my heart beat ferociously and my head dizzy now that I'm looking at his carved hip bones.

"Showing you my tattoo?" he said casually. "Don't worry," he said boredly. "I'm not gonna rape you."

I laughed nervously, as he unzipped his pants showing his black boxers. He then lowered its elastic band and raised his shirt a bit more- my heart was definitely not in my being right now. He then stopped showing me a cursive tiny word.

Faded

I reached out to touch it. My finger brushed against his pale soft skin where the word was forever etched.

I remove my hands finding Aaron's face red. I raised my eyebrows and he cleared his throat.

"What was that for?" he said forcefully.

"What-what's-"

"Touching it."

"You touched mine? So I thought I should do the same?" I answered awkwardly turning red.

"But that was your finger-" he then stopped, quickly buttoning his pants and zipping it.

I frowned at him not understanding what was his problem. He then headed to the balcony leaving me utterly confused.

I immediately follow him. He was literally talking to himself.

"What's wrong with you, Air?" I asked concerned.

He then whipped his head facing me.
"Nothing -stupid really-"

"Ofcourse it isn't stupid!" I say placing my hands around his torso, but he flinched. My heart beat picked up as I looked at his angry face.

"I'm sorry-Am, no, I'm sorry. Please -" he said and I raised my eyebrows.

"You're bipolar," I tell him annoyed.

"It's just that you don't understand," he said. "Sometimes- who am I kidding- most of the times I can't control it," he said.

"Control what, love?" I say perplexed stepping closer to him and reaching for his hands.

"I would want more. More of you. But I can't, remember? I must protect you. From me. From my desires. I'm a bad boy, remember?  But sometimes- many times I can't stop myself or-" he seemed at loss of words. "And when yo-when you touched me-" he stopped and looked out of the balcony.

I looked at him surprised. My heart fluttering.

"I never asked you to stop," I said slowly and his red pale blue beauties widen. I hook my fingers on his pants's hooks and his eyes burn fiercely as he shook his head.
"Amelia, no-" he said weakily as I tucked my hands under his shirt feeling every and each of his muscles tense under my touch as he stopped and gasped.  He even attempted holding my hands in attempt to stop my progress, before leaving them again looking no longer composed as he clutched my face and started kissing me.

My heart was non existant and so were my knees. I was faltering overwhelmed by the wave of emotions that hit me right in the gut as he pinned me on the balcony's wall slipping his hands under my shirt that explored my body making both of us on fire, moaning. I wrap my legs around his waist and kiss him my hands deep in his hair roots.

He then carries me inside onto the bed,where he was  above me. He tugs off my shirt wordlessly as few words stumbled out of my mouth.

"You never told me what your tattoo meant," I said panting wrapping my arms around his neck and turning him so I was straddling him.

"My state before meeting you," he murmured huskily before finally removing my shirt... 

"Amelia," a voice kept repeating from far, far away. "Amelia."

I flutter my eyes open. I was still on Aaron's bare chest who was stroking my hair with his long, slender fingers.

I look up at his pale face and grin remembering yesterday. He grins back and plants a kiss on my forehead.

"Goodmorning, love," I said  simply and he smiled. "How are you feeling?"

"Better than ever," he said in a deep voice and I hugged his torso tightly.

"Have you slept?" I said knowing the answer.

He looked surprised. "Yes a good fifteen minutes, yes."

I sigh sadly and decide not to carry on with the topic.
"What time is it?" I say sleepily.

"Around six in the morning," he said and I groaned. "We'll be leaving by ten! What do you expect?"

I smiled to myself and sat up covering myself with the fluffy hotel covers.

"You're right, but what are we gonna do?" I say looking out of the balcony where the sun centered the pale blue sky perfectly.

"Not much. I'll just have you breathing around me, so does it matter what we do?" he said and for the first time I absorb his appearance. His hair was messier than I've ever seen it, his eyes more tired than ever and his lips a perfect shade of red, makes me wanna kiss it again.

He looked drained.

I shake my head smiling as I reach for his left hand that was lying lifelessly on top of the covers.

I trace his fingers with my index finger and then intertwine my fingers with his.

"Ofcourse it doesn't matter," I say feeling a warm bubble of happiness spread inside of me.

"Okay my little bubble," he said and I laughed.

"You still remember that?"

"You make it sound like history, Am," he said smirking.

"Well it is, isn't it?" I say thoughtfully.

He stops to think.
"Well, it is. But I'd rather make it sound like chemistry or biology rather than history," he said in a low, husky voice and I punched his arm playfully laughing. He laughs too, but then stops to look at me with his eyes teary from laughter.

"I'd rather have history with you, Am," he said seriously. "And I think we already had our little wars, but no matter what we'll always remain allies, don't you think?"

"That was one awful analogy," I say blushing deeply.

"But it's true!" he tried to protest loudly, but I always ended up laughing. "Okay, fine, I give up."

"You shouldn't," I say and he rolls his eyes.

"Honestly, if you're planning to spend the few hours we have left debating about this, I'll give up," he said and I shook my head.

"Okay, Air, let's talk about you now," I said and he looked shocked.

"What did I do?" he said slowly and I laughed.

"You did nothing. I just want to make sure you'll be fine without me," I say and he rolls his eyes again.

"Am, love, why are you so full of yourself? I can live alone happy, without your whiny little ass," he said smirking.

"Oi! I'm not whiny!" I say and he laughs.

"So that's the only thing, you understood from what I said?" he said raising his eyebrows.

"No. But that's the only true thing you said," I say and his eyes widen as he smiles broadly.

"You know me too well. That's bad," he said and I laughed.

"Aha. So don't even try tricking your little bubble. Yes, it might be little, but it is mighty," I say complimenting myself , and he gave me the 'yeah-suuure-whatever-makes-you-sleep-at-night' look. "Anyways, where was I- ah, yes, tell me Air, what will you do when I'm not with you?"

Aaron looked at me. Knowing that I won't give up on that, he sighed and talked.

"Well, I will eat, return to my dorm, think about you to sleep, wake u-"

"Are you serious?" I say raising my eyebrows.

"Well, what else should I do, but focus on curing myself?" he said and I shook my head.

"That's not how you do it, love. You have to make friends! Hang out with people you love. You have Simone, Becc-oh no stay away from that b****- Xav, Zacharias!  Enjoy your Fridays with them! Air, when you go back there, I want you to heal by love. Love isn't always supposed to be like our kind of love, but I mean friends and all! Aaron, since you'll be staying for maybe three other months, you should ask Dr.Isaac to give you courses in architecture -isn't that what you started studying in university? Sydney was doing that," I said looking at his astonished face. "That could serve as a perfect distraction when your thoughts start f***ing up your mentality.

"Time will go, Air. It definitely will. All you gotta do, is make sure you make the most out of it. I want you, Air, to take your meds, listen to Dr.Michael-"

"That man is gay. He could drug me and rape me for all I know-" he started and I laughed at how ridiculous that sounded.

"He is married, Air with three children. Besides, he loves you!"

"That's exactly what I was saying, see?"

"And how is that possibly a problem? Air you hugged-"

"Oh please don't remind me of this mindfuck-"

"Shut up," I said jokingly. "You just don't want him in-"

"In where exactly, Am?" he said and I shook my head laughing.

"In your heart, Air. You don't want to love him-"

"Sounds like you want me to have a crush on my doctor. Wow, such a protective girlfriend you are-"

"You know what I mean, Aaron," I said looking at him in astonished disbelief.

"Okay! Okay! Fine! Make friends! Enjoy my Fridays! Study architecture! Take my meds! Love my doctor in a non-sexual way! I get it, Am! I get it!" I laugh at his exasperated face expression and ruffle his hair playfully.

I get out of bed, Aaron's button up shirt-which I wore yesterday before finally sleeping because I was feeling cold- reaching mid-thigh, and head towards our closet. I see all of our clothes strewn all over the floor and blush to myself.

"What are you doing?" his voice came from behind me, and I turned to find him right next to me in his boxers.

I took a deep breath and controlled my horny self when I saw his lips' proximity and hip bones.

"I want to go out," I said quickly. "So I'm gonna take a bath and get ready. Meanwhile, you also get ready."

I pulled out the same blue dress and undergarments and headed to the bathroom picking up all of our clothes from the floor quickly.

Thankfully no-one was awake.

I quickly take a bath and took all the clothes for laundery before heading back to the room fully dressed.

I entered while Aaron was still buttoning his pants with his wet hair sticking on his face.

"Wow you're fast," he said and I shrugged.

He then pushed back his hair and examined me.

"Still wearing that pale blue dress of yours?" he said.

"Well, it reminds me of you," I say and he pinched his eyebrows.

"How so?"

"Your eyes clour?" I said as if it was an obvious fact and he looked taken aback.

"No, Am, love, people wear their clothes based on their own eye colour or should I get you Cecilia to explain?" he said, and I laughed.

"I know," was all I said, and he didn't argue back.

He liked it. I was sure.

He finally got ready with his black pants and navy blue button up shirt, brushed his hair and grabbed his brown jacket along.

We were ready to leave.

--------

"A crush on your biology teacher? Really, Air? Really?" I said laughing as we sat on the circular table in the café below the hotel, enjoying the cool breeze. We were waiting for our order. His sugarless green tea and my coffee.

"Well it's not only the teacher. It's also the biology she's teaching. It was just a turning on mixture. Like I would get a bone-"

"Stop!" I say loudly cringing while laughing.

"It was true though! She would come with her short pencil skirt and her V-necked shirt. Her cleavage was always making an appearance. Besides her rocking body, the b**** was fugly," he said and I scoffed shocked. "I mean it. Back then a girl was a body to me. Does she have a good body that can please me? Yes? I dig her. No? I didn't give a s*** about her. I was a piece of s***."

He said as our drinks came.

"Well you apparently were," I said clearing my throat, and engulfing my cup of coffee in my hands enjoying its warmth.

"What about you? Have you had any crush -oh wait, Adam, yeah," he said quickly, and I sipped my coffee smiling.

Aaron then shrugged and started drinking his tea. I looked at him observing his reaction for its taste. He closed his eyes and nodded enthusiastically.

"I finally broke my green tea fast," he said. "I mean I can't believe they don't provide that back in the hospital!"

"Ask Isaac," I said, and he raised his eyebrows.

"You're asking me to use my brother's position," he said pointing his index finger at my face, shaking his head. "Shame. Shame," he teased.

"Well, carry on with your green tea fast then," I shrugged smirking. "I don't even know how you bear its taste. That too without sugar! I've heard it is very bitter," I said looking at the cup of tea infront of him.

He raised his eyebrows.
"You never tasted it before?!" he asked shocked and I shook my head. "And you're judging it?! How do you live after that?!"

I laughed as he shoved his cup infront of me.
"Taste it," he said, and I shook my head lamely. He gave me a threatening look and I groaned. "Come on, already!"

I looked at the pale transparent greenish liquid below me and cringed. I held his cup and looked at the anticipating look on his face.

I lowered my gaze to the cup and raised the cup to my lips. I shut my eyes and took a careful sip.

Bitter, bitter, yuckkk, was the last thought to occur to me. I felt like I was taking a bite from a crunchy leaf. It felt so fresh and natural. It actually felt nice. But it was very bitter.

I opened my eyes to see Aaron watching me with his lips parted. He then adjusted himself and grinned.

"How did it feel losing your green tea virginity?" he said and I laughed.

"Not horrible. But still bitter," I said and he laughed.

"You liked it! I knew it!" he said as I shoved the cup back in front of him. "What are you doing? No! Take it! You drink it!" he said seriously.

"Aaron-"

"I'll order another one for myself!" he said already calling the waiter.

"I don't really like-" I start, but the waiter has arrived.

And so he ordered one and I drank his cup leaving behind my cup of sweet coffee. Ugh.

Before nine we were up back in the hotel before anyone was awake.

"Okay we gotta pack," he said and I was startled.

"Pack? Now?"

"Yes. So that we're free later, you know," he said, and I nodded in agreement.

Aaron took both of our bags and threw them open on the bed.

"Are we supposed to take the clothes in the closet?" I asked.

"I've been thinking the same, but you know, who's gonna wear it after us. You know, unless, someone wore those before us-" he stopped to express his disgust by a complex face expression. "But then I don't think we've been sharing undergarments, so yeah," he said thoughtfully and I nodded. "Besides, I could use the change when I return, you know. Sweatpants and shirts won't always do my magic, you know? I'll leave all the suits' pants, they're too formal," he said winking and I laughed.

"Yeah, yeah, I know," I said and he nodded approvingly. "Okay, are you gonna change before traveling?"

"No," I said shrugging looking down on my dress.

"Okay," Aaron shrugged and opened the closet door open, hanging his camera around his neck. "Let's get it started!"

I smiled as he started pulling his clothes out of the closet into his bag while I wearily hung my camera over my neck and opened my closet part.

I first removed the picture where Aaron was supposedly sleeping on Dr. Cherry's lap and placed it in my bra.

I looked at Aaron who was apparently examining one of his underwears, as I raised my camera and clicked a picture.

He turned to me surprised, then narrowed his eyes on me.

"What were you doing, Air?" I said laughing breathlessly.

"So that's your way of attracting my attention? Taking pictures? Embarrassing ones?" he said annoyed and I laughed more.

"Answer my question."

"I was checking if it was used or not, because I didn't wear this at all. You know, I slept naked," he said the last part in a low voice, then continued. "It's new though. "

"How do you know?" I asked curiously.

"Well, naturally when a guy sleeps-" he then stops abruptly. "Why am I telling you this?" he said and I looked up surprised suddenly aware of the question I asked.

"I-I-" I start blushing but return to my closet, Aaron's new picture in my hand. I look at his focused face and almost laughed again.

I took out the peach dress and layed it in my bag gently. As I kept removing dress by dress, I found a perfume bottle and gasped. I reached for it and examined it closely.

Golden kisses.

I opened it and took a sniff. Wow. It smelled awesome! I, wanting to spray at the the remaining green dress, sprayed it right in my eyes.

I detested nothing more in my life than the nozzle that tricked me. F*** you.

I gasped and stepped back my right hand over my eyes and my left hand outstretched with the perfume.

I then shrieked panicking.

"OH MY GOD! I CAN'T- I CAN'T SEE! AARON-" I heard the sound of laughing and a camera click before I felt his hand at the small of my back guiding me probably out of the room.

"It stings," I moan and he would start laughing again.

I then felt the water on my face as Aaron's huge hand gently rubbed my eyes. I let go of the perfume and open my eyes slowly. I kept tearing up at the beginning as I brought more water to my eyes as Aaron watched still holding my back.

I then closed the tap and looked at the mirror through witch Aaron looked at me still grinning like an idiot.

We then walked out and walked straight into Sydney almost knocking her out of the way.

"Holy f***," she groaned rubbing her eyes as she looked up at our surprised faces. "What the f*** were you two doing in the washroom?" she said raising her eyebrows. "Wasn't yesterday enough?"

My heart dropped in my lap. Were we too-

"You guys always fishing for romantic alone times outside the hotel is okay, but please not in the hotel. And not in this bathroom which we all use," she yawned and I sighed in relief. She meant when we ditched her and left for pizza.

"Why the f*** are you both staring at me like idiots?" she said scratching her head. "Get out of the way, shoo! Shoo!" she said and Aaron and I parted giving her space to walk through into the washroom.

I looked at Aaron who had a smug look on his face.

"Well, my sex is lou-" Aaron said smirking proudly.

I shut my eyes at Aaron's smug words and left speechlessly to the room.

"Oi! Amelia!" he called behind me as I entered the room and shut the door in his face embarrassed by him.

I walk to the bed and he barges through the door grinning.

"Well, what was that for drama queen?" he said and I shook my head in disbelief.

"People don't go around boasting about their sex life!" I say amused by him.

"I was discussing it with you!" he complained and I cringed.

"Then don't -"

"If it's amazing-" he stopped to wink, "-then why not?"

I groan and get up heading to my closet after realizing I was making the situation worse.

There was nothing in it, but the photos in the top shelf. I took them and felt Aaron's head on my shoulder.

"What now?" I said.

"I'm done and I'm bored," he said huffing and I smiled momentarily.

"So?"

"Let's do something fun and CRAZY!" he said and I shrugged him off my shoulder to turn to him.

"Last time your idea of 'crazy' was breaking out of the dorm! I really don't wanna -"

"YOU pinky promised!" he said as if offended.

"Well, stop being a baby-"

"A pinky promise isn't for babies!" he said. "It has so much meaning!"

"Oh shut up. I'm not-"

"I'm not taking no as an answer, but I'll be generous enough to give you options," he said thoughtfully.

I grunted knowing how bad both will be.

"It's either you're gonna accompany me with a 'okay I'll do it' or 'HELL YEAH, I'LL DO IT'. Needless to say you'll reside with the first option, so let's get to the crazy plan-"

"You're way too optimistic. You can't force me to come," I said crossing my arms.

"Remember I can carry your heavy, little whiny ass where I want," he said narrowing his eyes and I sighed wearily.

"Okay what do you want to do?"

"Well, don't freak out on me, bubble-" he started and I instantly was freaking out. He sensed it and grinned mischievously. "Okay, so I was saying, how about we break into -"

I groaned loudly, but he raised a hand to shush me.

"We break into the doctors' dorm and literally wake them the f*** up? We can take Syd, too," he added the last bit as if it was going to make what he said previously any better for me.

"HELL NO!" I said and he raised his eyebrows as if expecting that reaction from me. "Are you crazy?! What if they expel you -"

"It's not school, Am," he said rolling his eyes.

"I really have nothing to say except that you are CRAZY!" I said loudly and the door was flung open revealing an angry looking Cecilia.

"You are too loud! I can't sleep! Shut up-" Syd then barged in pushing the still complaining, sleepy Cecilia out of the way by whispering, "Let me handle this Celia."

Sydney then turned to us hands on her hips as Cecilia collapsed on the couch in the reception.

"What the f*** A-square?" she said narrowing her eyes on us as I felt Aaron sidle up behind me. "First you put us in trouble with the Bawse son of a b****- who is a f***ing dick to actually slap my back to get into the bus yesterday. And with the Cherry whore-" she said and I cringed at her excessive cursing. "-who f***ing kicked the TV angrily removing all the connections, so making us waste an hour trying to fix it and at the end only one channel was working!

"Then the Marcus little f***er actually dared to blame US for your disappearance! And the the doctor-I don't remember his name- made us lose our dinner for a stupid 'check up' because of some stupid ass reasons! And guess what? All because you two wanted to have some 'romantic time', " she drawled the last part mockingly. "I don't know what could have happened to you if you informed them first!"

Aaron and I stood staring at her surprised.

"Oh my god, we're so sorry!" I say quickly as Syd eyed me up and down, pursed her lips and sighed.

"Okay, apology accepted," she said removing her hands from her hips and crossing her arms.

"Oh my god! I love you, Syd-" I reach out to hug her. She hugs me back muttering 'I know' before saying loudly, "Please detach your slimy being from my being".

I laughed. Aaron then took a step forward, Syd glared at him, making him take back his step.

"I have a proposal," Aaron said to Syd from a distance. "We can take revenge-"

"Revenge?" Syd snorted and I laughed. "What are you? A seventh grader?"

Aaron groaned softly and shook his head. "I mean we can do it for fun. Amelia and I are doing it anyway-"

"I still didn't-" but Aaron shushed me.

"I was saying, how about we go and wake them literally the f*** up," he said grinning.

Syd looked at him eyebrows raised, then burst out laughing.

"What?" Aaron and I said at the same time each wishing a different answer.

"Oh God, I'd love to see Bawse's face!" she said and I groaned. "But how can you be sure they're still asleep."

"I can't sleep remember? I can literally hear them through the walls preparing s***, until like dawn," he said and I looked up at his red eyes.

Syd nodded amused.

"I really like the sound of that," she said. "But first let's get our supplies ready don't you think?" she said.

"YES!" Aaron said.

"No. Please are you sure-"

"Oh please shut her the f*** up for me," was what Syd said as they both left the room, Aaron dragging me.

I watched them go into the kitchen and get out with spoons and three big pots. A whistle which Syd claimed was Zach's. She even tried it  and woke Cecilia up who flashed her her middle finger before sinking in the couch again.

"Aaron what is that you're hiding behind your back?" I said exasperated as I watched them take all the necessities quickly.

Aaron grinned sheepishly and I pursed my lips angrily. He then showed me a glass plate.

"Absolutely not! We're not gonna go around breaking stuff!" I said.

"I thought it'd be fun!" he said pouting.

"No fun, when one of the doctors are hurt-," I said as Syd came out with a huge rat. I almost screamed, but then I realized it wasn't real.

"Especially for the Cherry slut," she said as Aaron laughed.

"Okay, I think it's time," Aaron said as I gulped.

---------

We were standing in the doctor's suit reception which was the same as ours. TV, couches, four rooms and two bathrooms.

I cringed from the unfamiliar air surrounding me.

"Okay, Aaron and Ammy, you two go and f*** up Cherry while I go to the Bawse son of a b****. Dr-I don't know what and Marcus weren't very rude, so we might forgive them. But ofcourse they'll suffer the effects," Syd whispered.

"How will we know who's in which room?" I ask panicking.

"Good question, Amelia Cooper," Aaron said with amusement.

"No s***, Sherlock!" Syd said

"This is gonna go-", and just as I said this, the pots in Aaron's hands slipped out hitting the ceramic floor with three loud bangs, causing me to shriek and Syd to curse loudly.

At the instant, a door was opened slowly as we embraced ourselves for the worst. A pant-less Cherry came out with a shirtless Bawse behind her.

I was shivering in fright as Syd muttered.

"I guess what you were hearing yesterday wasn't planning, Aaron."

Cherry was staring at us with shock all over her face as Bawse got back into the room with shame on his face.

Then, Syd whistled her whistle starting all of us as another door was flung open revealing a furious looking Marcus who stared at pantless Cherry with shock. And even disappointment.

"And now, we leave," Aaron said grabbing Syd's and my arms. Syd was still laughing as we quickly ran out of the open door into our suite.

"HOLLY F***, THAT FELT SOOOO GOOD!" Syd said sequeling at the top of her voice. Aaron laughed shaking his head as I stared at both of them like they came from another planet.

Syd then looked at me and bursted out laughing again. "You look morally in shock," she said before turning to Aaron, "Aaron though, that was unexpected! I must say that was how it would've happened -holly s***, though- did you see Cherry's face? If only I had my camera. The fugly hoe was f***ing my doctor," she laughed again as Cecilia woke up, sitting on the couch rubbing her eyes.

I still stared blankly at both of Aaron and Syd who were sharing a conversation about how they don't ship Cherry and Bawse together .

"Okay, I'll go wake up Brenda and Zach, while you calm your freaked out girlfriend," she said and turned on spot as Cecilia headed to the washroom.

"That was fun though, wasn't it?" he said getting closer to me and grinning.

"What have we done?!" I said  remembering Cherry's face and Marcus's face and smiled faintly. "Okay, it was a little funny."

Aaron raised his eyebrows and my chin with his index and middle fingers.
"Only a little?"

I smiled as I felt my heart flutter.

He was about to kiss me when the door was flung open and Dr.Cherry barged in, in the same dress she arrived here with.

Aaron stood up straight starting as my heart dropped.

"ENOUGH IS ENOUGH! WE LEAVE NOW! PACK! PACK!" she screamed.

And so we left and never returned.

The return trip was nice despite of Dr.Cherry's non-stop grimaces and frowns. We all kept talking about what we did and how much good time we had.

Aaron made sure I was never out of his sight by sitting next to me and holding my hands which he said makes him 'grasp the reality of me being next to him'.

The plane ride was much more peaceful with Syd and Cecilia sleeping and Brenda and Zach smiling silently at each other.

I kept my head on Aaron's shoulder and he wrapped his arms around me pulling me closer. I remember him holding my hands and singing lightly before I too dozed off.

--------

"Ughhh get up!" Syd's sharp voice awoke me. Aaron's head was over mine and our hands a few inches apart.

"Aaron!" she said urgently and he jerked awake yawning.

"What?! I was about to actually doze off!" he complained.

"The whole plane is empty! We have to leave!" she said shaking her head as she joined Cecilia and the others to the exit.

I looked at Aaron who locked my eyes before getting up and opening the head compartment to get Dr.Cherry's handbag which was his responsibility.
I got up and we both walked to the exit silently.

Eventually we were out in the airport along with the rest. Aaron almost threw Dr.Cherry's handbag in her face, but luckily she had fast reflexes.

We collected our baggage and were soon out under the familiar sun of home.

I had mixed feelings really. I could be happy. I really could. For I just spent three beautiful days in Venice! But I couldn't and you know it.

You know, that heart wrenching feeling I got when we accidentally locked eyes in the airplane was too much. I didn't tell you about that eye lock, but it was horrible. Like Aaron was...  scared. He was indirectly asking me, that's it? That's when we'll say our byes?

I couldn't give him an answer. As a matter of fact, I couldn't give myself an answer. It was f***ed up.

"-tomorrow?" Aaron was telling me and I shook my head.

"What?" I said pinching my eyebrows as I looked at Aaron's expressionless face.

"Never mind," he said with difficulty and I frowned. What was he asking me? "Let's just... leave."

He intertwined my hand and looked down before holding it tighter. I followed him blankly until we finally were standing infront of the same minibus that took us here one day.

I climbed the bus thinking of Aaron's indirect question. Is that it?

Yes. That's it. That's our fate -our destiny. We weren't meant to be, atleast not for a while. This is really it.

No lies.

No sugarcoating of truth.

Just the harsh cold truth. That's it.

But still. I'll visit him. I'll see him again. I'll hold him, kiss him and love him over and over again. He's mine. And I can be patient. I can. I really can.

"- it me?" Aaron was saying something with difficulty again and I frowned.

"What, I'm sorry?" I said apologetically.

Aaron nodded as if hopelessly, removed his hands from mine and looked out of the window.

A few moments of silence followed as the bus started moving towards the hospital.

"Air?" I dare to say and he doesn't respond. "Aaron?" I say again.

"Yes?" he said still looking out of the window as a huge truck passed past us.

I hold his shoulder to turn him, but he resists it.

"What's wrong-" I start, but he immediately interrupts.

"Nothing," he said quickly.

"I'm conveniently convinced," I say and he chuckles dryily.

"You should be," he said briskly.

"What is wrong with you?!" I ask more urgently getting frustrated by his all suspicious mode.

He turns to me eyes me with eyes that were scarily distant.
"I said nothing."

He then turned to look away and I felt like I was almost going to cry. Is that his way of handling things? Is that his goodbye?

I close my eyes, shake my head and purse my lips. I got my answer.

Yes.

This was it.

------------
We climbed down the minibus, Aaron closely behind me talking quietly and quickly with Zach.

I ignored them as I noticed the arcade door that we came out of a few days ago.

Felt like months.

Look at the full half of the cup! You'll see Ryan Dean again! And Sam! An Xav!

Dr.Marcus knocks three times with pauses. The door opens revealing Dr.Isaac smiling a warm smile at us.

Aaron jumps from the crowd and runs at his brother hugging him tightly.
There were several gasps as I smiled eying the surprised Isaac who then hugged him back.

"Uh-" he started evidently embarrassed as Aaron pulled away. "Well-uh- never mind that now. Welcome back to the torture!" he said clasping his hands and smiling. I smiled as Aaron looked down at his shorter brother smirking from next to him. "I really hope you've enjoyed your stay there," he said as Aaron and I looked at each other, but I teared away my gaze. "Anyway, you came just on dinner time, please come in!" he concluded finally as he and Aaron stepped out of the way to give us space.

We all then entered. The arcade room coming back to focus. It seemed like I haven't been here in months when they were barely three days.

"I feel so excited!" Cecilia squealed from next to me. "I'll be seeing Sam soon!"

I turned to smile to her a stupid part of me envying her that'll she and Sam will get to leave together. I didn't say anything, but glanced at Aaron who was talking to Isaac.

I sighed and soon we were out into the activity room which seemed too colorful after the same crimson and gold colours I got used to.

We were soon flooding in the hallways. Everyone engaged in conversation as I stared blankly at the cold, pale blue tiles beneath my feet thinking of how lonely I'll feel without Aaron when I leave.

I glanced back at him, he was rubbing his eyes and ruffling his hair.

Why? Why Aaron? Why love? Why do that to yourself? Why do that to me?

Our first stop were our dorms. I didn't go in as Aaron took both of our bags in. I headed to the food court not waiting for him. I was too excited to see Ryan, Sam and Xav.

I walked faster at the thought until I entered grinning widely as I spotted Ryan talking to Sam while laughing, his hair standing as usual and his eyes blazing with joy and love.

I really, really missed him.

I walk stealthily to them and when I was behind him. I lightly poked his shoulder.

"Who is that foul being who just pok-" he turned his face and his face froze studying me. "BLYME IT'S AMELIA!" he said as Sam looked up surprised and so did everyone else at Dean's voice.
"Ofcourse it had to be you the foul piece of s***!"

He then got up laughing, wrapped his arms around me and engulfed me in a very tight hug as I couldn't help but tear up as I grinned and hugged him back. I missed him.

I know it was three days, but b**** please... Lemme...

Dean them let go as Sam hugged me lightly. I looked at both the grinning brothers who towered over me.

"Princess, what happened to you in my unblessed absence? You look worn out," he said locking my eyes whom apparently showed how terrible I felt.

"True," Sam said then gasped. "Sit down! It must've been tiring traveling the whole day!" he said and I nodded slowly.

"What the f***, have you lost your talking ability?" Dean said and I laughed.

"No, I didn't!" I protested weakily making Dean only smile more. "Tell us what-"

"Have you seen Cecilia?" Sam asked worriedly as Dean  turned to him disgusted.

"Man, can't you see how exhausted she seems to be? Haven't you heard of dicks before chicks? Comadre before I bang tu madre? Bros before hoes? Bro tribulation before spermy ejacula-"

"Stop! It's okay! Let him be!" I say laughing shaking my head.

Dean turns to me smirking mischievously as Sam decides to leave.
"Where's Aaron at though? Man, I honestly can't believe we're leaving that piece of s***- like I can dance on those tabletops right now. I can do it and you know-"

"He's not leaving," I say those three words that has caused me so much agony since I discovered them.

"Who he? What are-" he said frowning.

"Aaron."

"Leaving what?"

"He's not going to leave. He got worse. He didn't heal. He couldn't sleep," I said the last sentence simply. That sentence -that bloody sentence.

Dean stared at me as if processing what I just said.

"Are you sure princess or you just feeling paranoid and exaggerating the girlfriend role?" he said and I rolled my eyes.

"I'm dead serious."

Dean looked at me as a dull spark of disappointment and sadness crossed his features.

"Honestly Amelia, you always have to come with bad news," he said shaking his head.

I sighed.
"You must feel like the s*** you are," he said and I nodded. "It's okay. He'll be out soon. In three other months. Or maybe five. Or six-" I punched him in his arm and he groaned. "I'm just spitting random numbe- oh here they come-" he said looking to a point behind me and getting up.

I looked back finding Aaron and Sydney approaching. Dean and Syd then hugged each other as Aaron stood watching them smiling. Aaron and Dean then shared a bro hug.

"You were missed guys," Dean said smiling.

Syd then sat next to me and Aaron next to Dean. They started talking immediately.

I turned to Syd.
"Have you met Josie, yet?" I asked her and she grinned.

"I had to go to her dorm. She's first batch. She's fine. I couldn't do anything though, Jordan- her roommate was there," she said and I nodded.

A few moments of silence passed before she broke it.

"Look at that f***ing idiot who's trying to grab your attention," she said nodding her head towards that person. I turned my head head finding a fine looking Xavier waving at me.

I grinned at him and got up after excusing myself.

I made my way to him. He grinned and opened his arms for me. I hugged him and pulled back.

"Look at you!" I say grinning and his smiling eyes find mine.

"Man I missed you so much!" he said pulling me for a second hug in which I laughed.

"Oh come on it's been three days only!" I said.

"Well, that's a lot by the way!"

I examined his no longer red eyes, his disappeared eye bags, shaven face and cut hair.

"You changed a lot in three days, Xav," I said seriously looking at his neatly cut hair falling over his left eye.

"No?" he said smirking and I smiled.

"Yes. I like it though," I said raising my eyebrows.

He shook his head, looked deep in my eyes and chuckled lightly.

"So... you're leaving?"

"Yes. I am," I say grinning.

"When?" he said c***ing his head slightly.

"I don't know really. But they said I had to make some speech and s***. I guess by tomorrow. Today's my last day," I say shrugging.

"Great," he said nodding and looking away. "Now I have to look for another friend to console me and actually care about me."

I look at him questioningly. "Don't you have Becca? And the rest of your squad? Lily and Josie?" I ask and he shakes his head still looking in my eyes.

"I don't have anyone if I don't have you Ammy by my side," he said and I chuckled.

"Stop being cheesy!"

"Ouch you're so harsh!" he said placing a hand on his chest dramatically.

"I am."

Xavier then looked at a point next to me and I look next to me to find Aaron standing there.

"Hey, man," Xavier said quietly and Aaron nodded smiling. "So you're leaving too? With her?" he said with a tint of envy in his voice.

"No," I said quickly. "He isn't."

"I am," Aaron said at the same time and I gave him the 'seriously-I-thought-we-were-over-this' look and he sighed.

"No I'm not," he finally said and Xavier raised his eyebrows.

"Really? Dr.-"

"Yeah, yeah I know," Aaron said boredly. "I f***ed up."

Xavier placed a hand on his shoulder which Aaron was thinking whether to shrug it off rudely or simply stay still.
"I'll always be there for you," Xavier said smirking.

Aaron raised his eyebrows slightly.
"Thank you, man," he said with a hint of surprise in his voice.

"Oops. Looks like dinner time is over and I promised to give Alisha a tour to the place," Xavier said and I grinned.

"Who's she?" I said curiously.

"Uh- a new girl with some issue. She's so thin. Gets kind of a fit, locks herself in her room and doesn't eat or drink," he said to himself. "She's really pretty though."

"That's interesting," Aaron said lying.

I rolled my eyes at him. I want to let him snap out of it.

"Okay, I'll see you tomorrow then," Xavier said grinning before turning and leaving both of us staring at his back.

I walked past Aaron ignoring him just like he ignored me to our dorm.

"Amelia!" I knew he was calling me as I entered the room and shut the door in his face.

He opened it as I sat on his bed. He barged in with a frown on his face.

"What's wrong?" he said and I raised my eyebrows.

"What do you mean what's wrong? I should be asking you this question!" I said furiously remembering his cold,  empty eyes, his refusing to repeat what he said and the way he removed his hand from mine in the bus.

He looked surprised.
"Why aren't you talking to me?" he said and I looked at my bed's pillow ignoring him again. "You think-you think this is funny? This is our last day- DAMMIT LOOK AT ME!" he shouted and the degree of pain his voice held forced me to face him with tears in my eyes. He looked at me red in the face as his chest heaved up and down.

"What's new?" I said angry. "As if it was all my fault-"

A ghost of pain crossed his eyes.

"I never said it was," he said quickly. "I admitted and you know it," he said. "And I said I was sorry!"

"Well, you got a wierd way of expressing it then Aaron!" I said getting up. "You act distant, you don't-"

"YOU DON'T ANSWER MY QUESTIONS!" he fumed clenching his fists.

"I didn't hear!" I raise my voice. "I was-I was distracted- I was thinking-"

"About me?" he said pointing at himself.

I looked at him lost of words. What to say?

"Yes, Aaron. About you! About us!"

"Dammit don't!" he said and I furrowed my eyebrows.

"It's my last day! Instead of cuddling and kissing we are fighting, Aaron. This is so stupid!" I say angrily and Aaron pursed his lips.

"I gave you a lot if grief for a long while. I'm sorry-"

"What the f*** are you saying? What are you planning to do? What are we discussing right now?!"

"I distracted you."

"Well you are my distraction, aren't you? You're supposed to be! Because, dammit Aaron, I love you! Okay? And I want to keep thinking about you! About everything you do! Everything you love and hate!"

Aaron's eyes softened.
"But I feel guilty. So so guilty Amelia Cooper. I feel like I'd rather die than let you go through another heartbreak -"

"It isn't a heartbreak! I still got you!"

"But, I, for once wanted to be there with you. On your side. I wanted to- I wanted to-"

"You are!"

Aaron stared at me, then ran a hand through his hair.

"I said I forgave you! Why are you making a big deal out of something I thought we both accepted?!"

Aaron stared at me and I sighed sadly.
"You shouldn't feel so guilty, Air. After all we both know you'll get through it and we'll be together again!" I said stepping closer to him. He looked at the groud. "Aaron you should trust me. I'm happy. Even when you're not physically there with me. You are always with me. In the bottom of my heart. In the middle of the night in my dreams, you are there.

"You're alawys there because I can't exist without your distracting me. I want to be distracted by you. By your insanity. By your sleeplessness. By your love. By your everything. By your touch. By your lips. By your flaws. I want to be distracted, yes Aaron I do! I do! I do!"

Aaron shut his eyes, opened them, took a deep breath, then held out his arms for me.  I hesitantly approached him. He wrapped his arms around my waist, closed his eyes and brushed his ever so soft, red lips on my forehead. He then pulled me into a hug. I felt his warmth engulf me and I felt so protected like I haven't for a long while.

He then pulled back and he smiled wearily.
"I'm so tired," he said rubbing his eyes. I almost gasp, it's actually the first time he admits how he really feels. "Even breathing became hard. Like I'm so drained and-and-"

I place a hand on his cheeck and smile.
"I know. You've been tired for a long time. It's time to let go and relax now, Aaron. It really is time," I say blinking a few tears back.

His now red red eyes look into mine teary and I feel like time has rolled all the way back. I remembered the first time those blood-shot eyes stared at me like I'm a stranger with so much hidden secrets and insecurities almost five months back and now they stare at me bare and passion full.

The door suddenly was swung wide open as Dean, Sam, Syd and Cecilia barged in.

Aaron groaned softly as he dropped his arms and turned to their cheerful faces as I wiped my tears.

"Oops did we disturb something? Well yeah we did, we always do, come on in boys," Dean said gesturing for them to come in as I smiled.

"I can't believe there would've come a day when we'll say goodbye, damn," Syd said and I shook my head as Cecilia held onto Sam's arm.

"Okay? What brought you here?" Aaron said from next to me and Dean gasped which was followed by several comments.

"Hahah look at the b**** talking." Syd.

"Typical Aaron." Cecilia.

"You hurt my dilapidated heart. Ouch now I'm bleeding. Do you see the blood?" Dean.

"Welp, okay, we'll come another time." Sam.

I laughed approaching them.
"Never mind him, he's just tired and depressed. Seat your asses down," I say as they all litter themselves all over the room. Syd on my bed on her belly holding her face in her hands. Sam and Cecilia in the corner on Aaron's bed cuddling. Dean standing infront of me.

"Well, we have some pressing issues that need to be discussed," he said and I raised my eyebrows.

"Well?" Aaron said sitting on the carpet on the ground as Dean and I followed him down.

"Well, as I said how the f*** will we keep in touch?" Syd said removing the hair that fell over her face.

"Facebook? Instagram? What's app?" I said.

"I don't know if you know, but I thought you knew that we all know that I've been here for five years," Dean said as we all chuckled.

"So? They still existed," I said.

"Well, I don't remember my username and password. And let's say I make a new one do you seriously expect me to go through all the endless Amelia Coopers?" he said monotonously and I scoffed.

"Seemingly you don't want to put some effort, Ryan," I said pouting.

"Don't call me that," he said.

"Ryan? That's your name," I said giggling.

"I know," he said wriggling his eyebrows. "That name is special for certain people only."

"I used to call you that!" I protested.

"I know," he said again and I groaned frustrated at his sassiness.

"Anyways, I was saying," Syd said loudly cutting off the stupid exchange between Dean and I that everyone was momentarily engrossed into. "How about we meet up every weekend in a place we all know. By then we would've had phones and phone numbers that we can exchange and all. Ofcourse that excludes Ceclia and Sam who'll go to France," Syd added mockingly. "And poor Aaron."

"Thanks Sydney. Thank you very much," Aaron said in his British accent making us all laugh sadly.

"It'll be another half a year before you can join us, by then Celia and Sam would be here for a visit," Syd said bluntly and I winced giving Syd a sharp look.

"Truth has to be said Amelia," she said grinning teasingly.

"So, where do you wanna meet up?" Dean said boredly as he layed his back on the floor, his arms at the back of his head and his left leg crossed over his right knee.

"How about a bar?" Syd said casually and Dean nodded slowly.

"Which bar though? There are like a couple of a thousand in here," he said.

"Well, there are many. Most of which I must've visited. Ya know it's where I spent most of my time," Syd said. "How about The Happiest Hour? Do you know it?"

"Ughh yeah, yeah I do," Dean said dismissively while I tried to remember where have I heard this name before.

Then I remembered.

It was that bar mom used to drag me to meet her boyfriend after midnight when we would've spent the night with dad in the hospital. I would be on a table alone getting harassed by many men of my father's age, just to avoid seeing the way he touched her even infront of me. Then he would come with us home and I would make sure I lock myself in the room, only then would Adam climb from the window into my room to talk to me when I knew that that son of a b**** was f***ing my mother.

I wouldn't really call it Happiest Hour.

"-it? Earth to Amelia!" Dean snapped his fingers infront of my face and I look up apreshensively.

"Do you know the bloody bar?" Aaron stressed and I nodded.

"I do," I said as Aaron looked at me curiously, maybe it was my face expression.

"You look like you wanna puke," Dean said examining my face and I laughed humorlessly.

"Anyway, seems like we've found our meeting place. Dean, Sam and I will be leaving on Friday, while you will leave tomorrow. Cecilia will still leave the next week. So we can arrange a meeting on like next Wednesday at nine. And when I say nine you better be there by nine. Do you understand Dean and Sam? Because I know your spotless history of being literally late for everything," Syd said sitting up and glaring at the brothers.

"Okay cool," Dean and I say at the same time.

"I'm sorry Aaron, ofcourse this isn't for you," Syd said wriggling her eyebrows grinning mischievously as Aaron flashed her his middle finger.

"Okay, let me ask a random question. Where do you wanna first go after you leave?" Cecilia asked uncoiling herself from Sam.

"Strip club, man. I wanna get f***ed so f***ing har-" Dean starts as Aaron high fives him as Syd, Cecilia and I squeal in disgust and shock. Sam was expressionless at his brother's hopeless case.

We all then laugh.

"I thought you had a girlfriends," I tell Dean and Aaron and they both laugh. About what? I don't know.

"Well ofcourse we do," Aaron said scooting closer to me as he brushed his lips on my cheek before planting a small kiss on my neck making me shiver.

That stupid piece of s***.

"Please stop, I'm cringin," Dean said in a typical white- girl accent as I push Aaron's chest away from me.

We laugh and laugh. After a few more hours of fruitless discussions that somehow drifted to boners then back to books, they decided they needed to sleep and left the room laughing.

Aaron and I watched them close the door grinning.

"Well, that was something," I said and he smiled. I got up, but Aaron pulled me down next to him.

"Where do you possibly think you're going?" he said softly.

"To bed."

"On your last day? You would sleep?" he said rubbing his eyes.

I looked at him.
"Do you want me to?" I asked.

"Honestly? No. I want a company for the long night," he said.

"But you should try sleeping," I said and he smiled softly.

"I have four plus months to try sleeping in, Am," he said and my heart melted.

"Fine. I'll stay up. Just for you. Just for you love."

--------

Aaron's POV

And she did.

She stayed up all night with me. We whispered, laughed and kissed. She is a distraction I can't afford. She's a beauty I can't behold. She's out of my league.

I love her.

I remembered the first night when I woke her up. I remember the furious look she gave me and almost laughed. And now as she lay sprawled over my chest breathing softy and steadily with her hair all over her face after dawn, I loved her even more.

How can someone live without that love? How can I live without it now that I know it?

But I knew that I had to get better for her, because she deserves better. And that would be a better version of my f***ed up mentality.

Let me show her how much I love her.

Aaron's POV

I pick her up and lower her slowly on my bed. I sit on the bed and stare at her rubbing my eyes. The sun's gold rays illuminated her face beautifully making my heart throb. I pecked her soft, soft lips and then removed the hair from her eyes and spread it on the pillow. I smiled satisfied.

It's going to be one long ass journey without her. But it'll be done. I will do it. With or without her. I will have to anyway.

I place her hand over my palm and trace her long fingers.

It's seven in the morning and I wanna do something.

Simone, I remembered and smiled.

Lemme give'er visit.

I let go of Amelia's hand, take a bobby pin from her hair and get up. I cover her and slip out of the room.

I put on my hoodie and quickly walk past the doors hands in my pockets. It's getting cold.

I stand infront of her dorm. I knock atleast fifteen times before a messed up looking Simone opens the door for me.

"Aaron?" she says placing a hand on her chest horrified.

"There's nothing to be worried about," I say quickly seeing her face expression as I smiled.

She took a deep breath and tried patting down her hair as her big brown eyes narrowed at me curiously.

"I wanna talk to you," I say and she straightens up.

"Okay," she smiled. "Gimme a sec."

She returned in and I bit my lips rubbing my hands. She came out then covering herself with her bed cover.

"What happened?" she said.

"Let's go to the food court," I said pointing my thumb at the court.

She raised an eyebrow.

"Please?" I say and she nodded smirking.

"Okay, let's go," she said and I smile.

She gets out and I laugh.

"Why are you so short?" I say laughing.

"F*** you, Aaron. You know what? I should've stayed back at my dorm in my bed under my covers-"

We turn to the empty, lifeless food court and I take a random seat as she sits across of me tightening her bed cover around her.

"I really need a cup of hot chocolate right now, like a big ass one. Okay," she said crossing her legs on her chair. "Start."

I take a deep breath, look into her inviting brown eyes and tell her everything starting from how did the trip go to how Amelia and I fought yesterday.

She kept nodding slowly as she listened quietly without interrupting me once.

"Well," she said smiling. "A lot happened in three days."

I nodded as I crossed my arms on top of the table and leaned on it.

"You always have me you know?" she said smacking the top of my head.

"Hey!" I say and she laughs.

"I'm serious! You won't be alone and I definitely agree with what she told you back then. Your purpose of curing yourself shouldn't really be her. It should be you," she said and I c***ed my head slightly not saying a thing. "She's temporary, Aaron. But yourself is not. She might leave you. You don't what the world can do. For all I know, she might die or-"

"Simone!" I say feeling my voice eerily echo around me. The uneasiness that exploded in my chest on her words made me spring up from the chair. "She won't do that." I say. More of I demand that this shall not be done. I don't care if this is the world's way of doing s***, but I won't be losing her.

Not again. Not like my mother.

Simone frowned slightly.
"But that's the truth, Aaron. That's simply it."

I looked away to our seats which were two tables infront of us.

"I know," I say defeated as I sank back in my chair refusing to look at Simone's concerned face.

Dammit she shouldn't look at me like that!

"Aaron?" she said in her little voice and I sighed. "Man up."

I looked at her surprised, then scoffed. I looked away again.

"You have to know what you're putting at risk. Let me show you," she said softly and I momentarily hated her for being always right and seeing through.

Well, it was your idea to see her the first thing in the morning you asswipe, an insulting voice said inside me.

Shut the f*** up, I couldn't sleep, a contradicting voice replied.

Here he goes again about his boring ass excuse... You literally made the chick infront of us insult us both!

I groaned at my contradicting thoughts and held my head in my hand.

"I really think you should be seeing Isaac more. I mean he too is permanent in your life as your brother," she said after a long pause.

"I have a sister," I say out of nowhere as if that was relevant.

"Yeah, you told me. The one in Australia."

I told you too much, ugh.

"But she isn't with you at the moment," she said. "When was the last time you saw her?"

"Dad's funeral?" I said. "Like four or five years ago. She was devastated. I guess her coming back was unbearable because everything reminded her of them," I say choking on my words.

Simone nodded.
"You told me that, too. But isn't it absurd that she doesn't care about her little brother. Why didn't she take you with her? Why leave you with your uncle, whom she knows you hate?" she asked and my head twirled.

Is she asking me to blame my sister on my mental illness?

"She's married with two beautiful children," I say hardly believing the excuse I made up for her. But then wait- "How will her taking me would have possibly stopped me from falling off the cliff I just fell off from?"

"Aaron, you told me, you staying with your uncle triggered it. You were angry and depressed. Worst combination. There was no way your mentality could've been better while you thrived with a person your guts detested."

I looked at her sharply. She should shut up.

"I don't want to think about this," I say rubbing my temples feeling a slight headache come in.

"But you have to!" she pushed. "Isaac is the only one you really have left!"

I looked at her angrily.
"I don't want to talk about this!" I say again feeling the headache intensify with each word I uttered.

"But that's for your own good!" she raised her voice slightly. "Amelia would appreciate it. You should know what's permanent and what will keep changing and devastating you! Like Amelia and your sister!"

Like Amelia and your sister.. her words echoed in my aching brain. The headache increased more as I clutched the sides of my head and covered my ears squeezing my eyes shut.

"You have to save yourself, before attaching yourselves to other strings. Because then Aaron, two hearts will be broken!"

"Stop-" I say weakily feeling dizzy. The world is twirling and twirling in my eyes, just like her words in my head.

She was was not lying. She was saying the right stuff, but my head-

I almost screamed at the sharp pain that almost fractured my skull.

"Aaron are you okay? Aaron?" her words came as I kept zoning in and out my eyes shutting and opening frantically in pain.

Looks like I overheated.

"Don't -tell- Amelia-"

I then looked at Amelia's seat two tables ahead of me, looked back at Simone who got up looking alert and worried and then I remember collapsing on the cold, hard tabletop.

---------
Amelia's POV

I open my eyes finding myself on Aaron's bed without Aaron next to me. I yawn, squeezing my eyes shut before getting up and heading to the washroom for a good shower.

Aaron's not here.

He's probably roaming around, you know, he doesn't really appreciate the idea of sleeping.

I take a quick shower and head out pulling some clothes from the closet.

That'll be the last time you pull clothes out of this closet, I remember and my heart sank momentarily.

I wonder what'll happen when I go out. Will my mom come and pick me up? Will I live with her? I mean can I live with her? And her boyfriend?

I sighed, fastened my bra and pulled down a plain, baby blue shirt and a black pants topped with a denim jacket.

It's getting cold.

I look up at the clock. Wow, I'm early even though I slept at like five. Did I just sleep three hours?

I sit on Aaron's bed staring at the door thinking.

Well, haven't my disease been a mystery? Everything starting from Adam having the same face as Michael's to the accident that I don't know who caused. I really must ask Dr.Michael today.

If I am to leave today, I'm supposed to write a whole speech of how I suffered and how I didn't give up.

I push myself up from the bed and open the closet looking if I can possibly find a pen and some paper.

Luckily I did.

I sit on the floor using Aaron's bed as my table. I stare at the empty white paper infront of me.

'Having a disease is something horrible' I start, look at what I wrote and scratch it.

I can't say that, what the f***...

Okay.

'Mental illness is terrible'

Scratch that. That's literally the same thing you idiotic being, I tell myself.

'We suffer the most, but we shouldn't really give up'

Nah, that's fake. Scratch that. I can't really lie. No one would really want to listen to some stupid, cheesy ass lies.

I take a deep frustrated breath. Why is this so difficult? I mean there's alot to talk about! Friendships. Love. Life. And strength.

I look at the already half scratched out paper and bite the pen.

Okay.

'I was what they called a psycho. Literally. Talking to non existent people and all that bunch of typical crazy things. Blame it on schizophrenia and Adam- the what I called the love of my life. Well, he was. Except for, he wasn't real. And so were my feelings towards him eventually.

I was confronted by it on a terrible night, or what I thought was. I didn't know it was the night I discovered myself and what I really deserved. I thought that it was the end of the world, but it was just the beginning of a whole new chapter in my life. One amazing chapter, with amazing people. I loved, laughed and learned to respect people's weaknesses and try my best to help them.

Through Sundays we lived, Mondays we cried and Fridays we laughed. It was beautiful. I hope you've done the same. And if you haven't then start doing it.

Through medicines and check ups I went, and finally I stand here telling you this. I was in your place in one of the days, trust me. Giving up isn't an option. This is, Amelia Cooper and this is my stupid, crazy life.'

I dropped my pen and smiled slightly. I folded the piece of paper and shoved it in my jacket's pocket.

I stand up and head to the door. I really feel like breaking out on my last day. I might even bump into Aaron!

I reach for a bobby pin. One's missing. Ofcourse the one Aaron left with. I open the door slowly and step out closing the door behind me.

I rub my hands and smirk to myself.

Let me go wake up someone.

Dean and Sam.

I walk across to their door and lift my hand. I knock and knock and knock until an inhuman groan came from behind the door followed by Dean's usual cursing.

"WHO WAKES UP SOMEONE AT NINE FIFTEEN IN THE BLOODY MORNING, YOU UNHOLY COW!"

I snicker as the door is flung open to reveal a disheveled looking, shirtless Ryan. He looked at me with surprise and shut up.

"What the f*** happened? Did Aaron the cause of all the s*** we're all in finally die?" he said and I gasped.

"Don't say that!" I say.

He closed his eyes annoyed.
"Come on in."

I stepped in his as usual messy room.

"Where's Sam?" I asked and he shrugged.

"The b**** spent the night with the French girl," he said lying down on his bed as I sat on Sam's.

"Cecilia?" I said chuckling.

"Don't laugh. He knows I'm scared of the dark! Idiot! I kept dreaming of the grudge and those scary ass dolls opening the door, revealing empty dark halls instead of naked girls!" he said and I cringed.

"You have a girlfriend called Faith."

"Well, instead of dreaming of naked Faiths!" he corrected himself and I laughed.

"Shut up!" I say.

"Okay, what brings you buffalo knocking at my door at nine fifteen?"

"Nine fifteen is not early Dean," I say.

"It is. For me. Respect my rules."

"Okay daddy," I say imitating a little girl's voice and he scoffed.

"I'm not daddy honey," he said turning to me and winking. "Aaron is, remember?"

I raised my eyebrows not understanding what he said.
"What do you mean? Ugh you probably didn't understand what I meant. I meant like I'm your daughter and I obey you. Like a daddy!"

Dean looked at me mouth wide open amused.
"You don't know what I meant?"

I frown.

"Okay, never mind. I feel like I'm talking to my bloody niece," he muttered the last part.

"What did you say?"

"Nothing. Back to why are you here?" he said a hint of a smile on his face.

"Well, I was alone-"

"And wanted me to fill in the space, what am I to you?"

"A best friend?" I say crossing my arms.

"I thought you had Aaron to fuc-"

"He's not here!" I say quickly.

"So I'm a second option?" he said. "Haven't you heard of chicks before dicks? Hoes before-"

"I have!" I say laughing. "You're contradicting-"

"And you adore me," he said proudly and I laughed.

"Well, I do."

"Okay, can we stop loving each other and see what the hell you wanna do?"

"Well, don't you wanna take a shower?"

"I just showered before yesterday!" he said.

"Just?!"

"I don't stink!" he said and I facepalmed.

"Okay then, whatever. Just dress. Let's break out."

"My good girl changing to a bad one who doesn't know what daddy means," he said thoughtfully and I threw Sam's pillow in his face.

"Move!"

"Okay, mami," he said winking like an idiot as he headed to his washroom grabbing some pants and shirts.

I grinned and looked down at my hands.

------------

Simone's POV

Oh my god. Oh my god. Oh my god.

I did this. I pushed it.

IT'S NOT IMPORTANT, SEE WHAT YOU'RE GOING TO DO! My brain screamed at me as I dropped the bed cover and rushed to his chair tripping on a chair's leg.

I get up feeling myself shake and my lips numb from cold and fright.

I reach to him and shake his his lifeless hands.

"Dammit! DAMMIT!" I shout exasperatedly feeling tears stream down my face.

I can't carry him. He's double my size. Oh my god what am I gonna do?! I don't even know where the doctor's stay! I try calming my breathing. It was impossible.

"Oh my god!" I sob. I feel so dumb at my inability to do anything. It's like my brain stopped working and processing everything except for Aaron's sight and how it was me to blame.

I get up and run aimlessly out of the food court.

I bump into someone sending me stumbling backwards. I look up frightened.

My eyes are met by stricken jet black eyes and shoulder-length hair.

I get up immediately and clutch his arms.

"Oh my! Please- Help me! Help me! Help him!" I wail as his surprised expression turned to terrified.

"Calm d-"

"He's in the food court. Fainted! He-he fainted!"

"Oka-"

I dragged him and he walked willingly towards the pale boy I left behind.

My heart beats clouded my thinking.

I rushed to Aaron's side and he followed closely.

I raised his head and I heard a sharp gasp.

"Aaron?!"

I looked up at the guy surprised.

"Y-you know him?" I stammer.

"Ofcourse I do. Move out of the way-" he said as he approached him and heaved him on his shoulders with a groan.

The guy then quickly zigzagged his way around the place until we were infront of a series of doors.

"Do you know his doctor's name?" he asked urgently.

"Yes yes. He told me," I said laughing out of nowhere. "Michael. Michael."

The black haired boy moved swiftly as I followed closely.

He knocked on a door with a sign saying Dr. Michael on it. The door opened almost immediately.

A good looking doctor came out with a smile on his face.

"That was fast Nemphor-" he stared at as then at Aaron on the boy's shoulder and his smile dropped immediately.

"Get him to the clinic, immediately. I'm coming," he said going inside grabbing something and then came out behind us.

Please Aaron be okay. Please be okay. Please we still need you. Amelia does. Your sister does. Isaac does. I do. And even the black haired guy does...

---------

Amelia's POV

"Hey! You cheated!" I say. We were still in the dorm. Apparently, Dean had a deck of cards and insisted that we played instead of going out.

"Excuse me? Are you accusing this blessed soul of such a hideous sin?" he said and I rolled my eyes. "This is called winning not cheating."

I give him back the cards and lie on the floor where we sat to play.

"Breakfast's in five minutes!" I say and Dean groaned.

"And here came the day when Ryan Dean West isn't actually late!" he said as he hid the cards back in his closet.

I smirked as I got up.
"Okay, princess let's leave already."

I grin as he unlocks his door using a long pin which I have no idea where he got it from.

We stepped out.

"I'm really cold," I say crossing my arms across my chest.

"Come on it's not that cold. I was was roaming around my room naked. It's okay," he said loudly and I scoffed. "Want a hug, though?" he said quietly and I looked at him smiling.

He opened his arms smiling and I wrapped my arms around him.

"Love you, Dean," I say and he hugs me tighter feeling my ribcage break.

He then lets go and places an arm around my shoulders.

"Let's just go."

------
We were soon in the empty food court. My eyes squinted and noticed a bed cover thrown carelessly on the floor.

I frowned and looked at Dean who seemed to notice it too.

"Well, isn't that wierd?" I say.

"We're in a fricking asylum. Nothing's wierd here. Come on let's just go and sit. Everyone will be coming now."

I shrugged and followed him.

------

Breakfast was over and Aaron didn't show up. That couldn't possibly be a good sign. Or could it be? Maybe he was with Isaac or something. Yeah, probably that.

I'm gonna scold him when he comes back. He should've told me where he was heading to.

I head back to the dorm after leaving Dean at his.

I sit on my bed distracted by Aaron's absence.

That boy.

I sigh and lay on my bed tiredly. I woke up pretty early considering the time I slept at.

I then hear three knocks on the door and sit up. The door immediately opens not waiting for my response and Dr.Michael barges in.

I look at his tensed face and feel my insides squirm in uneasiness.

"Hello, Amelia," he said sitting at Aaron's bed so he's facing me as I smiled in response.

"Hope you've had a good time back at Venice," he said and I nodded. "Well I came here to discuss very important things with you," he paused to look at me then resumed. "You will be leaving today. Before dinner. You will be delivering the speech I informed you about right after lunch. Everything has been already arranged. Your mother will pick you up," he added and I winced.

"Doctor? I have a few questions that I've been meaning to ask you for quiet a while," I say shifting nervously on my bed.

He looked at me amused and then nodded.

"Yes, please."

"Um.. You know, Adam, he, uh, looks exactly like you. Like a copy of your face. It couldn't be mere coincidence, could it be?"

He raised his eyebrows.
"No wonder why you were reacting in that way when we first got you here," he chuckled. "As a matter of fact it's nothing but coincidence. Our brains cannot make up faces and characters. All of the faces we see in our dreams or wherever, are faces we have seen before. Whether on a street, commercial or anything. Maybe you have seen me one day and your brain just registered my looks," he said simply as my jaw dropped.

"For real?"

"Absolutely," he said smiling tiredly.

"And, you know, I've been involved in an accident. Who was driving? I have no scars or marks that proves I've been in an accident in the first place," I say touching my neck instinctively.

"I was wondering when will you ask that question," he said smiling. "It was you driving the vehicle Amelia. However luckily, the impact was sideways. You were thrown out of the car right away onto a patch of grass."

"I remember being thrown at the back of the car."

"That isn't the case really," he said shifting. "Which brings me to the main reason I'm here. I want you to calm down and take it easy. The news won't be the best you'll be hearing."

I looked at him not knowing what he meant.

"This was possible and we both knew it," he paused, closed his lips, opened them again then blurted, "Aaron fainted in the food court in the morning. Simone and Xavier brought him to me. He's in the clinic. And he's breathing."

I looked at him, raised a clenched fist to my mouth, closed my eyes, clenched my jaws and took a deep breath.

That just about shattered the hope I had left.

"Can I see him?"

"Amelia, you have to stay calm and not panic. He'll do fine after some... intense recove-"

"Can I see him?"

"I'm afraid you can't. We don't allow anyone to enter the intense care unit, if you know what I'm saying," he said.

"He's in an ICU?" I say feeling my heart drop as I remembered my father living half his last few years there.

"Yes, but-"

"Oh my god. What happened to him?" I say.

"He overexerted himself. He thought too much," he said.

"So?"

"He fainted, which was not at all a good sign. So we put him in an induced coma to prevent further damage to his brain. He should sleep for a while, then we can carry on with his treatment."

"But I have to see him! I'm leav-" I protest.

"This is for his own good," was the last thing he said before getting up and leaving through the door.

I held my pillow to my chest, squeezed it, then finally let a sob out.

This wasn't meant to be the way we wanted it to be.

After more than half an hour of staring blankly at the window infront of me, I felt really sore.

I actually didn't cry for much. I thought it was good that that happened. Yes, it was good.I would hate to say goodbye to him in our normal way. I just can't imagine looking into his lively, red eyes and tell him 'it was nice knowing you, goodbye'. I just couldn't bring myself to think of this.

I hope they'll keep him in an induced coma for long, so time will pass like nothing for him.

And I'll be back then.

I wanted to see him though. I really do. Like there's this burning urge to do that. I wanted to take someone with me too. I want to take Xavier. He knows everything and I want a detailed account of what happened to him. How did he overexert himself? Who was he last with?

I got up determined to get my questions answered as I broke out for the second time in the day. Feeling my head a bit dizzy, I stood for a while trying to steady myself.

Okay, let's do it.

I walked in the empty quiet hallway hearing Dean's muffled voice through his door. I wanted to smile, but simply couldn't.

There's no one here to pretend for.

I know Xavier's dorm and immediately head for it. I stood infront of the door and raised my fist.

Well, it's worth it.

I knocked only twice before the door opened revealing a bored looking Xavier. His hair was put up in a bun and his eyes bright. I remember him telling me that he has no roommate because it would simply be too risky to live with an always angry piece of s***.

"Am-melia?" he stuttered as his face fell, and I just nodded feeling the tears already wash my eyeballs. "Oh I'm so sorry."

I looked at him and sniffed.

"Come on in," he said and stepped aside. I walked in.

His room was surprisingly spotless. It had the same design as mine except for a punching bag that hung in the middle of his room with its leather already wearing away and wrinkling.

I sighed and sat at the edge of his bed.

"What happened?" I whispered.

We shared a knowing look and then, he sat next to me and sighed.
"I like being early to breakfast and wouldn't mind some more alone time in the morning. So I headed to the food court. And out of nowhere a short girl bumped into me and started panicking about someone fainting. I found then it was none but Aaron. I carried him to Michael's who told me to get'im to the clinic-" he paused to look at me, then continued. "They checked him up and based on Dr. Norbert, who's responsible in the clinic, Aaron was as good as dead-" he paused again and I clenched my fists digging my nails in my palms.

"Amelia, there was no pulse. And for a fleeting second I thought we lost him for good," he spoke softly and I refused to look into his demanding eyes. I looked at the floor feeling a tear escape my eyes. "I f***ing rejected this fact. This was ridiculous. They wanted to remove the machinery, Amelia. Amelia I couldn't believe it. I was for the first time in my life worried about Aaron Black. I never thought I'd ever be to be honest.

"Man he looked dead. His skin was paler and whiter than snow. His lips had a blue tinge," he said and I remembered his once dark red, soft lips. "His arms swayed lifelessly when I carried him. Then Isaac came. He shouted at everyone until Aaron was connected to even more machinery. They defibrillated him right infront of my eyes. Right there, I saw them rip his clothes, talk their gibberish and apply those machines on his chest. No pulse. They repeated. No pulse. They repeated and then came a faint pulse.

"Simone fainted, the second they told her that he had no pulse before any of that commotion happened. Then they transferred him to the ICU. I was shaking Amelia. It was the scariest thing to ever witness-" he stopped, and by then tears were rolling uncontrollably.

"He told me they just induced a coma," I said. "I never thought it was tha-that bad," I choked.

"I'm sorry, but that's exactly what happened."

I clasped my hands and shook my head.

"I want to see him," I say weakily.

"Do you think they'll allow you?"

"No," I said sighing. "But I want to stay with him. By his side. And I don't care. I want to sit next to him, sleep there, hold his hands until his eyes see light again," I say wiping my tears furiously.

I stand up suddenly and decide I needed to do it now.

This can't be it. This can't be the end of this chapter. No. There's more to it. And if there isn't, I'll make sure there is. Especially for that boy. The boy who stole my first kiss. The boy who held me tight. The boy who memorized my body and make me feel wanted. The boy who loved me deeply. This can't happen to us. To him. Not the boy who would look for me wherever. Not the boy who'd die to watch me at night. Not the boy who gave me an aluminum ring and his beloved mother's locket. Not the boy who woke up from the sleep he needed most to break out to make me see dawn, even though he  thought it was boring.

No. Not him. Not my love.

I walk to the door, but Xavier's hand blocks me.

"You can't go," he said frowning.

"What do you mean I can't go?! Move!" I say and he shook his head.

"Dangerous. For him," he breathed.

"I just wanna see him! I'm not gonna do anything!" I say angrily. "I wanna see him breathing! Please," I beg trying to remove his hands.

He sighed.
"I just don't want you to get disappointed when they ask you to back off," he said.

I looked at his sincere eyes and faltered.

"So that's it?" I say feeling my chest tighten. "I- You know I'm leaving right? I won't see him again?" I asked him in disbelief.

He looked at me with guilt reeking from his eyes not saying a thing.

"I can't even-" I say pacing around the room crying.

"Please- please sto-" Xavier starts, but I keep crying thinking of a dreadful possibility.

"Can he die?" I choke on the words and Xavier looks at me with grief.

"He can," he said to the words and I placed a hand on my chest feeling a sharp pang in my chest.

"Amelia, please, you destroy me when you're like that-"

I ball my hand into a fist.
"And I can't see him. He might die and I might never see him," I say feeling the time contracting, constricting my breathing.

"He'll be okay, soon. Just be hopef-"

"I need to see him, Xavier. Xavier if you don't let me, I'll die," I say feeling dizzy.

Aaron's like a drug I addicted. I can never withdraw. And definitely not today.

Xavier ran a hand through his hair, opening it.

"Okay, let's go," he said.

"For real?!" I say gasping while wiping my tears and he nodded.

He opened the door and got out. I followed him out and started running to the left.

"It's towards the right," Xavier called and I ran back to him almost embarrassed.

------

We were soon in the clinic. Dr.Norbert came out of nowhere and I skidded to a stop almost walking into Xavier.

"Yes?" the doctor said staring at me.

"We want to see Aaron Black," Xavier said and I nodded.

"You were there in morning weren't you?"

"Yes," Xavier said firmly.

"Did you see his condition?"

"Yes," he repeated.

"Do you think we should allow you in?" he said.

"It's not like we're gonna kill him doctor or even touch him," I said calmly despite the anger that was building inside of me.

"It's policy," he said shrugging smiling and I almost smacked him.

"It's my last day," I retaliated.

"Well, good luck for your future," he said dismissing us with a wave from his hand.

I frowned crossing my arms.

"I don't need your wishes, doctor. I want to see the love of my life for one last time, to be at peace," I said clenching my jaws.

"I can't do anything -"

"I'm sure you can do something if you want to," I said challengingly.

"This isn't a challenge, sweetie," he said still smiling. "I don't expect you to understand."

"I can make Dr.Michael accompany us," I say and he chuckles.

"I'm responsible for this clinic and the health of all those here."

"Can we see him from outside, like without entering the room?" Xavier suddenly said making both of us stare at him. "Well?"

Dr.Norbert sighed and crossed his arms.
"Okay, follow me," he said and walked past the room for minor injuries and down the hall where there were glass-doored rooms. We then stopped at the last glass-doored room which was empty except for another glass door at the end of the room.

We entered the room and walked across it to the second glass door. He took out a key and unlocked it. He entered and we followed him in. There were several rooms with huge glass windows all next to each other reminding me of the rooms where we practised for the talent show.

ICU.

He took a right and we followed him my heart beating loudly in my chest.

Calm down. Please.

He then stopped and we followed suit. I stared through the glass windows at the huge bed that engulfed Aaron in its arms.

I gasped softly.

"I'll leave and be back in a moment," the doctor said and left.

I placed my palms against the glass panels, then pressed my forehead against it.

I looked at him. His head was raised by two pillows. I looked at his paleness and felt the tears escape again.

He's deep asleep. At last.

I closed my eyes and opened them to the sight of several machinery. The machinery his life depended on.

I cried telling the glass panels how much I missed him.

'I miss you. I miss you so much. I'll come back for sure, but promise me you'll be back too. I love you, okay? I love you so so much. You should know that. I should've told you that every day, every time I saw you. I'm so sorry, baby.'

I then felt hands on my shoulders and turned around to see Xavier. He then pulled me to him in a hug my body ached for.

I sobbed and sniffed and sobbed as Xavier rested his chin on top of my head.

"Ehem, ehem," we pulled back at the doctor's throat clearing. "Are you ready to leave?" he said gently and I looked back at Aaron's hair that stood stubbornly and his angelic face. For the last time.

"Yes. Yes, I'm ready," I said and he smiled.

"Okay, let's go then."

We followed him all the way back until we were back infront of the minor injuries room.

"Doctor?" I said and he looked at me.

"Can I be notified when he gets better?" I said and he nodded.

"I'll ask Dr. Isaac to make the proper arrangements," he said and I nodded.

Xavier then led me back to his dorm. We stood outside none of us saying anything.
"It's lunch time," he suddenly said and my heart lurched. I was going to have my speech after lunch. Time was flying.

"I'll have my speech after lunch," I said and Xavier nodded speechlessly.

He then headed to the food court and I followed him.

We were soon there. I had absolutely no appetite and so headed to my seat where Dean and Sam sat next to.

I sat down.

"Princess!" Dean announced and I nodded. He then frowned. "Again? Bad news? Man, can't you come once with proper new-?"

"Aaron's in the ICU," I said and they both looked at me horrified.

"I told you to go easy on him! Doesn't mean it's your last day, you f*** the f*** out of him. Literall-"

Sam smacked him hard in the shoulders and I sighed feeling my eyes wet again.

"Okay, I'm sorry, princess," Dean said wrapping an arm around my shoulders and I nodded wiping away my tears. "Aaron's a tough guy, he'll get through it."

"Will he? Will he?"

"He always does," Dean shrugs and I glared at him.

"Damn, Amelia, it's going to be okay. Did you see him? Held his hands and did all your mush-mush?" he said and I looked in his eyes.

"I'm not allowed-" I choked on the words and he winced.

"Oops, that's a problem there," he said.

"Why though?" Sam asked.

"Policy," I said sniffing.

"F*** policy, man! I'll do anything for you princess. Lemme show them who they're messing with," Dean said angrily and I smiled for the first time.

"It's of no use. Xavier and I went. Dr. Norbert has his mind set," I said, took Dean's orange juice and took a sip.

Dean sighed sadly.

"It's my last day," I said my voice cracking.

"Yeah, you told us already," Dean said chewing on a French fry as Sam rolled his eyes at him.

"I'll be doing my speech after lunch."

"They have to do that every once in a while. Cherry dropped by telling us," Sam said and I shrugged.

"Yeah, it gets cringy most of the times, but yeah," Dean said. "Either way, we have ten minutes," he said and I gasped.

"Ten minutes?!" I said my heart sinking.

"Wanna go?" Dean said, and I stared at him feeling my heart constrict. "Come on, you have to go anyway. I mean, if I were in your place I'd go there, blabber a few words and just be finally set free."

I almost snort at the idea of being 'free'. I was going to reunite with my mother and her stupid boyfriend. I got up anyway and both of them followed. Syd then shortly joined us and was shocked to tears when she knew what happened to Aaron.

Our walk to the auditorium was silent. No one said a thing. Too many things were happening and the time didn't favour them. I took a deep breath as Sam swung open the auditorium's door and we stepped in.

"I want you guys to be right infront of me, okay? Makes it more breathable," I said as they occupied the front seats.

"It's going to be okay, Amelia Cooper," Dean said reminding me painfully of Aaron.

I nodded silently as Syd watched me with concern.

"You know, you can contact Isaac about you know- Aaron," she said his name as if it was a forbidden thing to say. It wasn't. It was just too painful. "I have his phone number."

I nodded again as the door was flung open and people ambled in with bored expressions on their faces. My heart beat quickened. This was it.

"Go Am," Sam said pointing at the backstage. "It'll pass. Just go."

I took in a deep breath and walked to the backstage where there were surprisingly two more girls waiting. Probably they have something to share.

I sighed as the presentor of the talent show came in and grinned as he spotted me.

"Leaving, huh?" he said grinning, and I simply nodded not bothering to even return the smile.

"I remember how it felt," he said and I looked at him with disinterest. "I was surprisingly depressed," he said, and I raised my eyebrows. "Especially if you stayed for as long as six years suffering from something like depression and extreme suicidal thoughts," he said winking and I smiled slightly. "It was very difficult to leave. I was scared that I would fall back the hole I barely got out of. So I worked here," he said simply. "And I love it! So what's your story?"

"You'll hear it shortly," I said not meaning to be rude, but I was simply lazy.

He smiles warmly. "It's you first. Be ready," he winked again before leaving and going to talk to the two other girls.

After a good ten minutes, the presentor walked onto the stage through some curtains motioning for me to follow him. And so, I did.

It was the third time I stood on this stage and the second time I stand on it without Aaron.

"Good afternoon everyone! As usual, we are here to celebrate the leaving of some heroes, in this case heroines," he stopped to chuckle. "Nope they didn't save the world, but they did save themselves and those who loved them. And we start with Amelia Cooper."

The presentor handed me the mic with a warm smile. I wrapped my fingers around its cold surface and cleared my throat.

Do people really want to hear my 'story'? Do people care enough? Will it help them in any possible way? No. People don't want to hear about the pathetic life a schizophrenic girl. People want to be fed lies and hope. And my story lacked both.

I tightened my hold around the microphone, crumpled the paper with my speech with the other hand and walked forward.

"Ehem...Ehem. I know that this might be the boringest five minutes in your life. Or literally what you call as waste of time, so I'll make it quick-" I glanced at Ryan below me who was grinning like an idiot. "We've been called freaks, somehow disabled and naive. I've lived here and the outside world. And there's so much humanity here. So much more. This tells that we are fully able. We just got a tiny abnormality that's easy to overcome. By our humanity, I guess. By love.

"Maybe. Maybe, we're the cure of our own diseases. Maybe our disease taught us something. Something very valuable in the hard way. Maybe knowing this valuable thing could cure our diseases. Not those colourful pills. Maybe we need to study ourselves more. Know what we're missing and just complete ourselves. Maybe your cure lies at the end of your comfort zone, where you have got to fall," I say looking at all the familiar faces below me. "Maybe we are our diseases. Maybe we need to find the right people to live our diseases with and through. Maybe we need to find love.

"I guess I'll leave it here. After all, who's gonna remember a red-headed schizophrenic girl," I say remebering Aaron as my tears threatened to fall. "My story doesn't matter anymore because it's already written. You all still have to write yours and edit it. But it'll be done, I'm sure. Thank you," I say softly.

I looked at Syd who had tears in her eyes as Dean and Sam looked at me surprised. I handed the presentor the mic who was standing in the corner his mouth wide open. Only then did the applause and whistles came. I smiled and left immediately back stage.

I came down and exited the auditorium feeling my heart throb with grief as it hit me that I'll be leaving in a few. I slid down the wall, hugged my knees and squeezed my eyes shut. I felt the tears spring from my eyes heavy, thick and fast as my chest heaved.

"Hey," I heard a familiar voice behind me, then felt a hand on my shoulder. I already knew who it was.

Ryan Dean.

"What do you want Ryan?" I said with my muffled voice not looking up.

I heard him sigh, then felt him sit next to me.

"To be honest Am, I'm not the best when it comes to advice and the help your friend s***. And I won't lie, s***'s been thrown at our faces from all directions, I guess. But you gotta live and chose the right decision. Like letting Aaron go... for a while," he said and I looked at him for the first time.  "Don't give me that look, honey, but it's true. Aaron needs to heal and you were his distraction... in a bad way. Like he'd rather stay awake with you all night than to try sleeping," then I remembered last night and gasped at realization.

"And I know that as long as you're here he'll never get better. I saw it. All the time we're not talking he's staring at you laughing, talking, eating, everything... You have a great effect on him. Just know by leaving you're doing him and yourself a favor," he said and I stared at him not crying anymore. He was so right.

Dean shifted a bit then sighed.
"And about us?" he said chuckling. "We'll be meeting just next weekend in Happy Hour," he said nudging my shoulder. So why the sad face? Not everyone's that lucky Am."

I looked at him and burst out in tears. He almost rolled his eyes before pulling me closer to his chest where I rested my head. He sighed then started patting my head.

"Damn girls have to always be that dramatic. Something about them double X chromosomes,man," he said and I laughed despite myself then tightened my hold around his torso. I imagine him smirking and smile to myself for some reason satisfied.

"Okay you're starting to wet my shirt," he said and I pulled away to a genuinely smiling Dean.

"I love you in a totally bestfriend-only way," he whispered in my ear and I laughed.

"I love you too in a totally bestfriend-only way," I say and he gets up giving me a hand to help me up. I got up.

"Do you wanna head back in?" he asked.

"Do you wanna?"

"Nah, let's just go," he said and I grinned as we walked almost for an hour before finally ending up infront of my dorm.

"You are something, Am," he said as I leaned on my dorm's door.

"I'm actually tired," I said yawning. I woke up too early today given that I slept that late with Air.

"You'll be leaving soon don't worry," he said and I nodded slowly.

"I'm not worrying. Not anymore," I said, and he crossed his arms satisfied.

"Good."

"When is every-"

"Where the hell did you guys disappear to?!" Syd's loud voice came-

"Ooooh look who's 'ere! Amelia! I missed you ever since I last saw you!" Cecilia said and I smiled at her as she came to me and hugged me tightly.

"I missed you too Celia," I said.

"Who doesn't?" Sam's voice came before hugging her from the back causing her to blush furiously.

"Stooop it," she drawled and I smiled at them.

"We are officially third wheelers," Dean whispered in my ears and I grinned shaking my head.

"Wow, a large gathering," a very familiar voice said from behind us and I turned finding Dr.Michael smiling while crossing his arms.

Everyone fell silent as they stared at Dr.Michael.

"I'm sorry to be the one to break this to you, but Amelia, your mother's waiting outside. For you. You should get going. Dr.Isaac and I will be waiting for you at the activity's room door. Don't be late," he smiled glancing at everyone else before leaving.

I looked at his retreating back and felt my head spin for a second. But I'm getting hold of it.

I looked at Dean who was still looking at Dr.Michael's retreating back with a sad look on his face.

"Dean? St-" I say and he snaps back to me.

"So you're gonna leave like right now, right now?" Syd said shocked, and I nodded slowly.

"Zis is so fast," Cecilia said moving away from Sam who was still hypnotized by the news.

"Well, we'll see each other again. In the weekend. In Happy Hour, yeah?" Dean said slowly and I nod smiling.

"Damn I'll never get used to this emptiness," he said dramatically and I punched him lightly.

"Stop overreacting," I said and he smirked.

"Yeah, says the little b****, aka my whiny princess, who was crying her precious eyeballs out a few minutes ago," he snorted and I pouted.

"I think you shouldn't keep your mom waiting," Syd said looking sad.

"Yes, zat was what I was sinking," Cecilia said and I nodded.

"Yeah, Amelia," Sam finally said and I knew it was time.

"Okay," Dean said clapping his hands. "I guess we should get on with the hugging and the kissing part right?" Dean said and I smiled.

I hugged Sydney, Sam and Cecilia and told their goodbyes and see you laters.

"I'll take you there," Dean said as I approached him for our final hug. I shrugged.

"Okay."

"Aren't you going to pack?" Syd said.

"Well, I have nothing to take- WAIT! The pictures!" I remember and rush into the dorm immediately.

I open the bag that I haven't really unpacked and just take the pictures I kept at the top.

I rush back out and everyone stood silently waiting.

"Ready?" Dean said.

"Ready."

----------

Soon we were both standing infront of a weary looking Isaac and Dr.Michael.
I looked at Dean and suddenly felt afraid.

I felt safe here. Here with my family. With people who actually cared. I feel safe with Aaron, Dean, Syd, Sam and Cecilia.

Where was I going now? Back to my mom? Back to the torture?

Nah not torture. You're healthy now. You can make choices now. And Aaron will be out soon. Hopefully.

I hug Dean tightly and walk between the two doctors into the arcade room's door.

My heart was aching scared. I never looked back. Isaac was soon opening the door behind. The setting sun gave a beautiful glow as I walked out into the chilly air.

"Good luck," I heard Dr. Isaac and Michael say and smiled.

In a distance I could see a scarlet red Mercedes parked. The driver's door opened and I shivered. Crimson high heels stepped out followed by a tall woman cladded in a white suit and large black sunglasses. Her red hair fluttered behind her and I smirked.

Nice entrance, mom.

She walked to me and pushed her sunglasses back on her hair as her scarlet painted lips curled into a smile.

"Hello sweetheart," her voice said bringing me to the reality I was in.

I tried to find my voice, but I couldn't.

She stood infront of me and opened her arms for me.

"Welcome back home, honey," she said sophisticatedly as she wrapped her arms around me.

I stood there feeling numb. Why is she acting like that?! Like she cared?! I don't like it! I want her off of me! Where's her bloody boyfriend?! Or husband now?!

She pulled back.
"Let's go love," she said and turned to her car. I followed her speechlessly.

And then I knew that what passed from my life was something. And what was coming was another whole thing.

I tightened my ponytail before opening the passenger seat in the front and stepping in.

This is way out of my league. Like life has always been. For me.

"I don't understand s***," I said throwing the notebook on the floor with anger, while Aaron groaned from next to me.

"Amelia this is the tenth time I get up to pick that book of yours!" he said getting up to pick the notebook while I sighed annoyed.

"Air, I'll fail tomorrow's exam!" I said as he came back next to me on my bed, adjusted his glasses and started rewriting the differentiation general rules again.

"Amelia, it's so simple! Just find the derivative and use it to find the tangent's and the normal's equations! Just try this one!" he scribbled some equation.

I looked at the clock on my bedside table, it's 2 a.m. My brain has shut down on math and its derivatives bullshit.

"Okay Am. Try," he said. I looked at him enviously. Ofcourse it's simple for him! He's after all an architect who deals with these s***ty equations probably more than anything else!

I solve it. Or what my brain thinks it should be solved as. I just think I'm hopeless. Dean tried with me and ended up angry at my inability to understand and was like 'Amelia, f*** you and your f***ing s***! I repeated this a hundred times, let Aaron deal with your s***!' Then mom came up with a greenish- yellow face mask, a bath robe and her hair wrapped in a towel to scold both of us. I then got desperate and called Aaron who had college, but came for me anyway. Yes, it was my last final exam and simply didn't want to fail.

Phew, now you now the whole story.

"Well done!" Aaron's voice snapped me out of my daydreams. "Finally! You understood something!"

"I did?" I asked morally surprised.

"All you gotta do now is some practice and I guess you'll do just fine!" he said grinning pushing back his black-framed glasses which he claims to wear when studying only, but started wearing it more when I said Dylan O'Brien and Charlie Puth looked hotter in glasses.

"But it's 2 am! And I'm soo sleepy," I said yawning.

"But that means you'll have to wake up early to do them. I'll call you to wake you up," he said and I smiled. Honestly I don't know what I could've done without him in my life. He's been of great use ever since he was out two months ago. Especially in math and physics. When I tell him that he goes like, 'And haven't I been a help in biology?' while wriggling his eyebrows. He just never changes I guess. Sometimes I hope that he didn't wake up from the coma he recovered from three months before he was out.

Nah I was joking. I can never wish that.

"How about you stay?" I say taking off his glasses and clicking them close.

"Huh?" he says rubbing his eyes. I put my hands on his.

"How about you stay? I really miss you," I say and go for a kiss on his lips which he blocks with his hand.

"Na lady, you know we can't do that. You have an exam tomorrow," he said sternly bringing my hand to his lips where he applies a kiss there.

"But-"

"No buts," he said letting go of my hand. "It's your last exam. Then you'll have me forever!" he said getting up and I frown longingly.

"I just want you to sleep next to me! What were you thinking?"

"We both what that leads to," he said snatching his glasses out of my hand and opening my room's window.

"Atleast give me a proper goodbye!" I protest and he looks back at me smirking.

"I'll see you tomorrow Lia," he said jumping out of the window and out of sight.

I smiled to myself, got up, switched off the lights and jumped back to bed.

----------------

I wake up on the sound of my phone ringing. I yawn and pick it up. Aaron's grinning face flash on my phone's screen and I smile. I reject the call as an indication of me waking up. It was six and the exam starts at eight. So I have to be ready to go by seven thirty. I get up, stretch and head for a shower to freshen me up.

I come out, dry myself and pull on some jeans and a black hoodie. Clean and comfy.

I take the questions Aaron made up for me with his answer key and my phone. I head downstairs and soon outside deciding I wanted to study in the backyard. The sun was glowing gently as a cool breeze infiltrated through my hair and my papers.

I sat on the huge bench swing there crossing my legs. I start solving peacefully and checking my answers. They were mostly right thankfully. Soon I feel a hand on my arm and I look up finding mom standing infront of me in her bronze night gown and silk robe with a steaming mug in her other hand.

"Here, have this. It'll help you focus," she said giving me the cup. "It's hot chocolate," she said.

I eye her curiously. A lot has happened ever since she picked me up at that day from the hospital. I remember how she told me with sincerity how sorry she was to neglect me all those years, then how guilty she felt about keeping Marco- her boyfriend- and her job as her first priority instead of her daughter. Then I watched her cry when she told me that Marco ditched her for another Irish woman leaving her heart-broken. I remembered smirking throughout. I remembered feeling satisfied and oddly equal.

Then I felt bad. Seeing mom cry meant that she was deeply hurt and that she really loved that Marco son of a b****. She admitted being selfish. Very brutally selfish. She said she felt that when she thought she'd lost me when she saw me talking to myself because of her selfishness. She said she was really sorry.

I forgave her.

I took the mug and smiled at her. She smiled back with I guess relief and sat next to me.

She rubbed my arm as she glanced at my notes. Aaron's notes.

"Aaron was here yesterday?" she asked softly while I took a sip.

I looked up surprised.

"Yes, he was," I said wincing. She doesn't approve of him at all especially when he argued with her about something about carsthe first time they met. Since then they'd argue about anything little and I'd roll my eyes. But Aaron always ended up making her calm down by complimenting her hair. They'd then laugh and talk excluding my ass out. Smh.

She nodded.

"He seems like a nice guy," she said and I raise my eyebrows.

"He is," I say smiling.

"Well, invite him over for dinner today to celebrate the end of your senior year. Invite your other friends too. Sydney,Xavier, Simone, Faith and Ryan,"  she says smiling. Sam and Cecilia were already in France.

"Really?!" I say surprised. "That's the best thing ever! Thank you! Thank you! Thank you!" I hug  her tightly and she laughs gracefully.

"No problem baby. Just tell Ryan to lower his voice a bit," she said and I laughed. Even though she disapproved of every move Ryan did, she liked him the most. Don't worry you're not the only shocked one here.

"Okay. Sure!"

We were then staring at each other smiling. Mom's eyes watered and then she patted my hair.

"I'm so proud of you baby. You've been really strong," she said and I smiled more. "Drink your hot chocolate before it gets cold. I'll be in the living room if you want me."

She then got up and headed back home and I let out a deep breath while smiling.

I can still love mom I guess.

I look in my phone. It was seven twenty already. I close my notes, finish my drink and head back into the house.

I go back in my room, drop my notes on the desk, pick up my car keys and shove my phone in my pocket along with money. I take only my pencil case and calculator and head outside after informing mom that I'll be leaving.

I open the car, get in, start the car and head to school for my last exam. I know it'll be alright. I'll do good. Then I'll be out happy that I'm done with it all! Then I'll call Aaron and the rest to tell them they were invited to celebrate.Then I'llcall Aaron to tell him that I won't be going to prom, butwill be spending it with him instead.

Then I'll be home and see mom smiling again.

Yeah, I can't wait!



Similar books


JOIN THE DISCUSSION

This book has 0 comments.