One Last Wish | Teen Ink

One Last Wish

December 10, 2016
By ramos21 BRONZE, Turlock, California
More by this author
ramos21 BRONZE, Turlock, California
2 articles 0 photos 0 comments

Author's note:

My friend who actually passed away, inspired me to right this peice. I hope people will get that don't be selfish, think about others too, live today like it's your last, yesturday's gone, tomorow you don't know whats in store. 

The author's comments:

This is a two- page fairytale.

She just wanted one more chance, one more chance to say I’m sorry, to say she messed up. She was devastated at the fact that she can’t be with us anymore. She cried, she screamed, she was heartbroken. Seeing the looks on everyone’s faces when they were told she wasn’t coming back. Her heart breaking into pieces when she sees her mommy hit the floor, sobbing in her hands, her daddy wrapping his arms around her and rocking back and forth. They tell each other that “everything is going to be okay,” trying to believe that everything happens for a reason. The Lord up above told Breanne, “It’s all going to be okay, they love you Breanne.” With those words came the waterworks, the tears were flowing and she couldn’t stop the ache in her heart. The pain that she had caused her family was unforgettable. Just as she turned around a fairy flew right in front of her, “WHOA, what was that!?” screamed Breanne. “It’s me, I’m a fairy, my name is Tinker” chuckled Tinker. As they introduced themselves, Breanne told Tinker all that had happened, how one mistake took her life and changed it forever. Tinker gave some advice on how to move on, and accept the reality. “Where there are no words, know the silence are carrying the thoughts and prayers of all who love you.” Breanne let out a deep breathe and understood that people who she cared about and loved, were always going to be there for her and support her. Breanne looks down, and sees everyone wiping each other's tears away and she screams down saying, “NO! Don’t cry mom! Don’t cry dad! Please no! I want my family and friends to be happy, not sad, I don’t want them to grieve like this!” Tinker rubbed Breanne’s hand and said, “Breanne, they can’t hear you, speak to them through their heart.” Breanne closes her eyes, and puts her hand over her heart and speaks to her mom and dad, and Tinker looks down, and sees her mom and dad put their hands on their hearts, and blow kisses up above, “Oh Breanne, I love you sweetheart,” cried her mom and she  buried her face in her husband's chest.
   Seeing the pain I caused my family was heartbreaking, my heart was falling out of my chest, I couldn’t accept the fact that the choices I made, made others hurt, and I just can’t see my family go through this, I need them to know it was a mistake, I need them to know if I could do it all differently I would! The good Lord does things for a reason, I just can’t accept it, not yet. If I could just get one more chance, one more chance to say goodbye to everyone, tell them I love them, that I valued their friendship, that I made a mistake, to stop hurting. If I can just say goodbye one last time. The arguments that shouldn’t have happened, the texts I never responded to, the “I love yous’” that I didn’t say back, the “I’m sorrys’” I didn’t get to forgive, the friendships that were cut too soon, the boyfriend I never got chance to kiss goodbye. I keep thinking about how I won’t ever have a wedding day, my daddy won’t have the chance to walk his little girl down the aisle, instead he has to bury me in the ground.
   Tinker couldn’t help it but cry with Breanne, Breanne had lost everything and couldn’t go to the light because she needed proper goodbyes, and wanted to ask the Lord if there was any way to go down to Earth and hug her mommy and daddy, and give one last kiss on the cheek, and hug them until we need to let go. “Tinker, will you come with me to ask the Lord if we can go down so I can do a proper goodbye?” “Yes Breanne, of course, let’s go.” The both of them walked down the white lane of clouds, and knocked on the Lord’s Kingdom, “Lord, I need to go to Earth and say goodbye one last time, please, it’s my one last wish.” “Go, you have one hour to say your goodbyes, then you must return and go into the light and stay here with me Breanne. Do you understand?” “Yes, Lord.”
   Breanne walks up her front porch, passes the lawn chairs, and the bbq standing in the corner, stepping up the stairs, she pauses, and goes to knock on the hard wooden door. *knock knock knock* The door opens, and Breanne's mom looks and nearly falls over, “Mommy, it’s me.” Breanne’s mom runs into her mom's arms and they both stand there crying. “Honey! Who is it? Who’s at the door?” Breanne’s Dad walks in, and runs to them and hugs them both tight. “Daddy, I’m so sorry.”
   Twenty minutes go by, and she wants time to just stop so she doesn’t have to go back. She wants to stay with her mom and dad and comfort them. The time has come and she had said her goodbye’s and was feeling better that she said goodbye to her family. She hugged her mommy and daddy one last time, and she opened the door, and she saw the light and she looked back, and blew a kiss and said “I love you” one last time. “I’ll see you later mommy & daddy. “ She was there, wiping her tears away, then she wasn’t, escaping into what we saw was the lawn, but knew it was the staircase to heaven.
    “We have the perception of heaven as a beautiful place, everything is white, and you feel no pain, and your sent there young or old to be with Jesus, and your other loved ones. I hope Breanne is safe, and enjoying heaven, as we all want to think she is singing away to the other beautiful angels. She is a beautiful angel, she has a beautiful soul and kind heart, it’s devastating that she has left her family, and left her loved-ones, but everything happens for a reason. Heaven has added yet another beautiful angel. Love you Breanne, love Tinker.”



Similar books


JOIN THE DISCUSSION

This book has 0 comments.