The Forest

By , Leawood, KS
Anonymous
The Forest
Summary:

I knew that I had a rough life already, but I didn’t need people talking about it. I knew that I was different than everyone else and I knew that I had to live with it. I guess I knew what I was going to hear every day. Today, though. Today was different. I didn’t know how to brace myself for what I was about to hear. Those two little words, “we’re moving”, have more of an impact on you than you would expect. Having a parent in the military was something that I was used to, but after being in the same spot for over a year, it starts to feel like home. Yes, over the year and three months that I have lived in Noxon, Montana, I have made friends. When we moved for the first time, I had trouble doing so. Who was the last person picked for the team? Always me. That’s just human nature. If we don’t recognize something, it’s shoved to the side. No, it wasn’t fun being the girl who slipped in and out of people’s lives like a thread and needle. That’s the worst part of all of this, seeing people’s faces sadden as they listen to the news. What was the plus side of things for me? I have seen more than what most kids have seen by the age of 13. The climates, the people, the culture- it was all amazing. Another part of human nature is we have to see it to believe it. Of course, that’s not true for all of us. Just a special handful of us can imagine places, things, and people.