Pleading Insanity | Teen Ink

Pleading Insanity

By Hope_T. PLATINUM, Sault Ste. Marie, Michigan
Hope_T. PLATINUM, Sault Ste. Marie, Michigan

"The only true wisdom is knowing you know nothing." ~Socrates

Summary:

Emma Ness is an orphan living in a tube slide; the only time law enforcements ever pay attention to her is when she has disturbed the universe of ethics.  Slowly but very surely, consequences for her deeds seep into her life in the form of nightmares and pain that draws startling conclusions as to if God is watching and what ethics truly means.

After her tenth crime, Emma is instructed by her lawyer to plead insanity for the latest "nightmare" that she has commited.  Dedicating herself to this difficult task of complete acting perfection, Emma finds one simple blockade in her intricate plan: she has started take on her own deception--the mask of lies that she once wore is slowly being welded into her own face.

Trinity B.

Pleading Insanity

This book has 1 comment.

The_Gypsy BRONZE, Sault Ste Marie, Michigan

“The general who advances without coveting fame and retreats without fearing disgrace, whose only thought is to protect his country and do good service for his sovereign, is the jewel of the kingdom.”
― Sun Tzu, The Art of War

Greetings author! I have decided to read your book of late, I wish that everyone will get a chance at reading this fine read. :)