New Teen Ink Book: Bullying Under Attack Barnes & Noble Amazon

Angel's Among Us

Chapters:   « Previous 1 ... 14 15 16

Epilouge: Me

it’s hard to believe it’s been 6 months since Angel passed away. Her organs started to fail, and her heart just kind of gave out. At least that’s what my mom told me. The funeral was small, her family, distant relatives, and some doctors who treated her, me, Sara, and my mom. It was raining, and it was appropriate; an ugly dreary day for the worst day of my life.

Everyone is always telling me the grieving process is different for everyone, and I will eventually feel better. Although
Hope you enjoyed it!
I really feel like someone snatched my heart, and it’s never coming back.
That day when I came back to the hospital room, Sami was gone, but Shane was still there. Angel told me what went on between her and Sami. My mouth formed an ‘O’ she explained how Sami admitted her misconception of Angel…and she apologized. After that, I decided to be a little bit nicer to Sami; I ignored her. I figured that was at least better than being nasty to her, right?

Looking back, I have what ifs planted in my mind: What if Angel and I were nicer to everyone? Would she still be alive? What if I went to visit her more? What if I didn’t go after Shane? Would I not feel guilty everytime I laughed at the good times we had? For these doubts, I kind of hate myself.
It’s Tuesday morning.
I have to go to school, even though it’s always a drag. I hate going, the other kids looking at me, whispering: “That’s her, Angel’s BFF. That’s her, the girl who wanted Shane even when her BEST FRIEND was sick with cancer.”
I hesitantly slide into my seat in Geometry, wishing I was outside in the spring coolness, jogging and thinking, I’m always doing that…it’s healthy and distracts me from everything else.
Sami strides in with Shane beside her. They’re good friends, probably dating. I feel myself caring less and less about the pettiness. My best friend’s gone, and I have better things to focus on; family, friends, school, and my own life.
Before Sami sits down at her seat in the second row, she waves at me.

I look at her for a moment, wave back, and I can’t help but smile a little.
Chapters:   « Previous 1 ... 14 15 16

This book has 1 comment. Post your own!

BloodyMary said...
Feb. 24, 2013 at 5:42 pm:
You're hooking me up in this really cute novel of yours. :)