The Land of the Midnight Sun | Teen Ink

The Land of the Midnight Sun

By fransantosrdz BRONZE, Monterrey, Other
fransantosrdz BRONZE, Monterrey, Other

“When adults say, “Teenagers think they are invincible” with that sly, stupid smile on their faces, they don’t know how right they are. We need never be hopeless, because we can never be irreparably broken. We think that we are invincible because we are. We cannot be born, and we cannot die. Like all energy, we can only change shapes and sizes and manifestations. They forget that when they get old. They get scared of losing and failing. But that part of us greater than the sum of our parts cannot begin and cannot end, and so it cannot fail.”

Summary:

If you have to be sure about one thing in your life, is that it will end. Everything that has a beginning, has an end, and it is up to us to learn to toughen up, and deal with it.

But how do we deal with the end of another?

Through the eyes of an observant fourth grader, we learn to appreciate life and accept, with open arms, its end.

Francisco S.

The Land of the Midnight Sun

gio2656 said...
gio2656, Easley, South Carolina

gio

i really enjoyed your book.you used great detail. i would love if you took a look at my work.

prettymystic said...
prettymystic, Atl, Georgia
You're amazing, keep writing

fransantosrdz BRONZE, Monterrey, Other

Thank you! This means a lot to me.

sandysilv345 said...
This is just. Wow. Incredible. Easily one of the best stories I have ever seen, especially by a 13 year old! Keep up the utter glory that is your story.