Three Spies and a Soldier

Chapters:   1 2 3 4 5 6 Next »

Chapter 1

Lenora Alexandrine stumbles into the room and takes a seat, smitten over the three dashingly handsome soldiers dining with us. She is my second oldest sister, aged eighteen. She has short honey brown hair with slim delicate features and blue eyes, just like my mother, Victoria. She commands the maid to bring in the food. My mother is now well, she just got over a sickness, her face no longer looking hollow.  My father, an aging man with peppered hair, the top British general in New York, sits down.  My little five year old sister Rebecca Catherine hops up into her seat next to me, along with Charlotte, her baby doll. My oldest sibling, Mahulda Victoria, twenty-two, walks into the room with her snob of a husband,  fifty-six year old Edgar. We sit down and eat pheasant with butternut squash. Finally, we are able to talk about the British! This is my favorite part of the day, because I get all of the information on the British army courtesy of my father. I need this because I am a spy for the continental army.
    Everyone in my family are tories. I love them, but simply do not support the king's decisions at all. So, I decided to become a Patriot spy. I live in West Point, New York, and I came here three years ago  when I was thirteen. My father employed men to build our three story house, and here we are now.
I am sixteen years old and my name is Elizabeth Rose Brewer. It is now July ninth, and General Washington has just set up headquarters here in West Point. That is where I am going to report my news. I was recruited by General Washington and General James, because they know of my situation. Twas only nine months ago, but feels like forever. Ever since, I have been gathering information from my family chats at supper, and information from my father’s study. I have all the british plans at my hands. This makes me a very important help for the patriots.
A bit after supper, past sundown, it is my daily chore to go accompany Rebecca to the bakery, so she can pick some sweets. We walk in the bakery, Rebecca jumping with glee, her thick curls bobbing up and down. She has just spotted a row of beautiful French pastries. They were small and purple with a pillowy shell, and smooth white cream in the middle. They are called “macarons.”  We purchased five, and then I decided to get an adscititious one for Christopher. Becca wanted to walk home herself, so I let her. Off she went down the street, walking past the corner, until I could no longer see her.

Chapters:   1 2 3 4 5 6 Next »