The Clown Statue

Chapters:   « Previous 1 ... 3 4 5

Taken by Surprise

"Guys! Guys! Where are you?!", I yelled hopelessly. "Hello, Anna.", a familiar voice spoke from behind me. The clown leader. "Are you gonna tell me where my brother and aunt are?" I asked in a calm and mysterious tone. "Well, that just wouldn't be fun, now would it?", he replied in a dark tone. I don't know exactly what happened next, but my hand moved up, and the leader went down. Sweet.
I looked back out. I couldn't see anyone, but I could hear and now even feel their legs pounding against the ground. Instantly, a light bulb flashed above my head. "I'm gonna go all scooby-doo on their butts!", I whispered to myself. I snuck back into the room where I was tied up. My plan was to hide in those bales of hay right there, and wait until the army of whatever comes into the room and then I'll really get'em. I'll just sneak out of the room and run for my life :). Now if only I can get this... Aaaah!
Why must my clumsiness always get the best of me? Apparently, the giant hidden stairway that I backed up into and just fell down must have eluded me so much that I didn't even notice it. Either that, or it was invisible. Yeah, it was invisible. "Oww!" I shrieked as I tried to stand up. pain ran its way up my spine through vibrations. I hate those. Once the pain passed, I looked up to the sound of my brother calling for me and asking if I'm okay. "I'm fine," I stated in a disgruntled tone. He looked happy to see me, but at this point, the only thing that I'm thinking about is what had just happened.
I glanced at the tunnel running through the dead end of what I now realize was an alley. I heard the chattering of people passing through the streets, not even bothering to notice two kids and a woman come out of nowhere in an alley. In fact, where did those two go? "Where were you guys?!" I asked. "We both fell through these trapdoors in the ground, exiting in the same place that you did. We were just deciding whether we should wait for you." Nick said with a playful voice. "Gee, thanks." I said in a gloomy tone.

Amy- I feel like we're missing something...
me- Well, what could we be missing? We most certainly are not missing those... things from that room.
Nick- Could it be something you left at the room?
Amy- Umm... No, it's not that. I have my car keys and my phone.
Nick- Well, I have my necklace. What could we be...
me- WAIT!
Nick- What??
me- Not what did we forget. WHO!
me and Nick at the same time- MAX!

We ran about 5 blocks to our house. Aunt Amy was panting about 3 blocks through, but Nick and I were focused. We couldn't let them do anything to Max. We got to the house. Nobody was around. We went inside and Nick checked the backyard while I checked the basement and 1st floor, Aunt Amy checking the second floor. Suddenly, we all came to a realization and stopped simultaneously. It was silent.
Dead silent.
That means no clowns, but no Max either. Me and Nick met up, deciding that Max wasn't home, and that the clowns must've taken him. We went upstairs to find Aunt Amy and discuss what we were gonna do next. It's not like we had a plan. We got to the top of the stairs and saw Aunt Amy staring at a statue that looked like a depressed clown. He had white makeup on, and was dressed like a chimney sweeper, carrying around a broom.
Chapters:   « Previous 1 ... 3 4 5

This book has 1 comment. Post your own!

kookie98 said...
May 3, 2012 at 12:23 pm:
why cant i see the rest of the book? i only get t see the first chapter why is that?