The Spy Way

Chapters:   « Previous 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 8 Next »

Chapter 1

“RRRRRIIIIINNNNNGGGGG!” I sleepily slammed my hand on my alarm to set it to snooze. It rung again.
The sound was drilling its way into my head and demolishing my dream.
“Ugh,” I groaned with utter frustration as I dragged myself out of bed to inspect my alarm clock.
I flicked on the lights and turned off my alarm. “Another great start, to another great day!” I said with sarcasm.
I went to the bathroom to take a shower, brush my teeth, and do my hair. Afterwards, I put on my “snazzy” school uniform. A navy blue and dark green plaid skirt, white knee socks, a long sleeved white dress shirt, a navy blue wool vest, and for my own special touch, a small blue bow. I looked at myself in the mirror and adjusted my bow.
“Good,” I said, then walked out the door. I hurried down the stairs, and picked up the first piece of fruit I saw.
I bit out of the juicy red apple and hollered to my mom, “Bye, see you after school.”
“Okay, have fun.” my mother yelled. I grabbed my backpack and slung it over my shoulder. From outside I heard the motor of the school bus, and like a bird, I flew down the front steps right into the bus.
The school bus has a smell that is unique in its own special way. It’s like an aroma of moldy bread,cheap perfume, dirty gym clothes,chewed up gum, spoiled fruit, and some weird smell that you can’t put in words. It was also very musty and hot on the bus. I had to fan myself, with my overdue math homework, to keep from overheating. I looked around the bus for an empty seat.
“Whizzzz,” I ducked to avoid a flying spit ball.
“Alex, over here!” I looked around for the familiar voice.
I finally saw my friend Jess. She was my a friend, my best friend, and the only normal person who knew my secret.