The Legend of Dezevah Septak

Author's note: I have an overall love for fantasy and drawing. The main character of this short story was...  Show full author's note »
Author's note: I have an overall love for fantasy and drawing. The main character of this short story was originally just a drawing that I felt was crying out for some rich backstory!  « Hide author's note
Chapters:   « Previous 1 2

The Legend of Dezevah Septak Part II

The ascension of Dezevah was a great happening in the history of the Daeroo, but everything has an antithesis… An arch-rival. Dezevah Septak’s was… THE BARON…
Deep within the forges of hate within Krákanau Mountain, lies a dark lord on the rise. This is the first being of vigilance, but a seeker of justice he is not. The Baron is more a constructor of immolation, a new god of destruction. A subtle destroyer though, guarded with a silver mask, a black hood, and plates of ebony. This master of Krákanau Mountain was preparing for the seizure of the Arronam southern isles… and eventually the world.
The Baron had been In existence for eons but has been vigilantly waiting for his time to rise from within the black mountain. For the eons he has been in existence he has been forging a dark army deep within his mountain. The Darklings, these demons are known as, are forged from the dark core of the earth itself! They are faceless shrouds armored in ancient ebony plates. Loyal servants of the Baron, they serve to his will and his will only. Just previously to their release upon the land, their numbers had reached trillions! An army of this number could not be challenged by any army native to Arronam, especially not of the small southern isles.
The Dark one knew that his shade of evil that had loomed for millennia must soon take flight and shroud the skies of Arronam… Twas a bright and shining day when a dark figure arose at the peak of Krákanau Mountain and proclaimed a message that could be heard for miles “People of the world! An age of darkness has begun! Prepare yourselves! THE RECKONING HAS COME!!!” As he finished molten rivers of lava began to erupt and flow down the deep furrows of the mountain.
The Baron’s mighty shadow ensnared every face of the land as civilians everywhere shivered in fear. Surely an age of despair had spawned…
Meditating in his Grand Temple, the son of Septak was abruptly awoken by the Baron’s proclamation of terror. Dezevah had been warned that a lord of evil shall rise to challenge him. He knew that he must act quickly, for Daeroo was in grave danger.
The massive legions of darkling also erupted from the mountain. Giant hordes of shadowy beings marching across the once peace filled plains of Daeroo, turning everything in their path to nothing but the black ash of sorrow and despair. Peasants from all of Daeroo fled to the sanctuary of the Daeroo capitol fortress Amagonn.
Dezevah set out to the front lines of the Darkling invasion. As he reached the charred plains he realized that their numbers were too great to fight directly. After slaying many of them, he escaped from the front lines in a subtle manner.
Thunder crackled as the Baron proclaimed once more “The city, Amagonn, is within my range!.. And the world shall be forever changed…” The Baron’s words were of the truth, the cruel Darklings had forced every surviving Daeroo peasant and lord alike, into the capitol city. Everything else within the country’s borders lay in waste…
The citizens of Amagonn cowered in fear until an invigorating voice came from the high chamber of Amagonn. This was the voice of Emperor Amar Danan. In proud words he shouted “People of my great nation, take heed to what I say now! This hour is one of the darkest in our history… The armies of the dark one march across the land and come to the gates of our great city… They wish for nothing less than victory! SHALL WE GIVE THEM THAT PLEASURE!?” The overpopulated fortress city replied “NEVER!” The Emperor said finally “Then we shall fight this day!!!”
The canny warriors of Daeroo would not easily be conquered by the legions of shadow. As the last of the Daeroo fight for their survival from the darkling hordes, Dezevah discovered what he must do. The son of Septak must venture to Krákanau Mountain to challenge the Baron and save his people from sure destruction.
As Dezevah had fought his way to the peak of the mountain, he entered a seemingly empty, demonic royalty chamber with a black spike-riddled throne in the center. Out of a shadowy corner of the cruel chamber came an ominous yet calm voice “I was told another would come…” Dezevah stayed silent as the Baron revealed himself. The Baron then said “Follow me, mighty one. Come and see for yourself, the fate of your own kin…” Dezevah followed the Baron out to a balcony attached to the high mountain chamber. The baron pointed to Amagonn, the last remaining Daeroo fortress now surrounded by Darklings and said “Watch as Daeroo crumbles… Only one city stands and it is soon to fall. Even you, ‘The Chosen One’ cannot save them now… The Daeroo shall die out and their vigilant guarding can no longer do anything for them… Join me, and together, the whole of Arronam shall cower before our strength!” Dezevah was faced with a choice while he watched the last of the Daeroo die. Give in to the Baron and join in on the destruction of the world, or be what he was created to be, and protect his people eternally. Septak’s will reigned true in Dezevah’s mind. He finally spoke and said “The Daeroo shall never fall! I banish you from these lands, foul demon!” Dezevah drew Zeveuron and plunged it into the Baron’s chest. As the baron was disintegrated, his ashes whispered in Dezevah’s ears as they blew away “… My time shall come once more…” All that remained was the Barons silver mask… After the Baron was banished, Krákanau Mountain began to crumble, Dezevah hastily vacated.
The son of Septak had triumphed over temptation… and evil itself. Amagonn was soon to fall before the Darkling hordes when suddenly; they all evaporated into thin air! Daeroo was nearly conquered… But by divine will of Septak, they triumphed over the dark overlord. Dezevah had proven himself to the world once more. But of course this was not the final testament to the greatness of Dezevah Septak.
Chapters:   « Previous 1 2

This book has 1 comment. Post your own now!

marievans56 said...
May 27 at 2:37 pm
the world and lore you set up is very interesting.