Twelve Countries, One Girl.

Author's note: Next year I will embark on my own journey by being an exchange student in Italy. I was inspired...  Show full author's note »
Author's note: Next year I will embark on my own journey by being an exchange student in Italy. I was inspired to write this novel while thinking about my upcoming adventure.  « Hide author's note
Chapters:   « Previous 1 2 3 4 Next »

The Goal

The plane was relatively quiet, aside from the group of sixth graders who were laughing and playing a game of Would You Rather in the back. I stared out the window and watched the clouds we were passing.
“Excuse me?”
It was a blond flight attendant. She was very pretty. She wore a little bob haircut and absolutely no makeup. Her eyes were pastel green. They looked like the color Dove Cool Moisture soap.
“Yes?”
“Can I get you anything? Our soft drinks and peanuts are free.’
“One Sprite and 3 packs of peanuts, please.”
She grinned. I hated her for it because it made her even more attractive. She looked like she was 21. When she brought it back I thanked her and then began thinking. Am I doing the right thing? I’ll be out of the country for almost two months. When I get back my parents are going to kill me then bring me back to life and kill me again.
“Miss?” I called the flight attendant. This time a little brunet bounced over to me. She wasn’t as attractive as the blonde. She seemed more…sexy.
“Yes?” She asked. She had bright blue eyes and a dazzling smile, gorgeous, but not as attractive.
“Do ya’ll have notepads and pens?”
“Yes ma’am.”
“May I have one notepad and a pen?”
“Right away!”
I hate flight attendants they’re too…robotic. She brought me what I asked for and I wrote down The Goal.
The Goal:
1. To become open minded.
2. To eat a snail in France.
3. To find romance.
4. To discover myself.
5. To learn one sentence in every country.
6. To do something new and gain a sense of adventure.
This is what I have to accomplish before I come home. I folded the small sticky note and put it in my little backpack. Then I fell asleep.
“We will be reaching our final destination in approximately 5 minutes please clean up your area. Thank you!” I woke up and one of the sixth graders was sitting next to me. I didn’t realize I screeched until he looked at me.
“Gosh you sure are beautiful,” he said and I’ll admit he’s pretty handsome. His hair is black and shiny, his eyes are a silvery-gray, and his skin is a pretty tan color. I wish he was 17 too. “Umm thanks kid, but I’m a legal adult…way outta your league.” I heard his friends laughing and he turned red. We finally hit the runway and came to a stop. “Thank you for traveling with us!” All the attendants said in unison.
I walked down the tunnel and repeated the entire process again.
Chapters:   « Previous 1 2 3 4 Next »

This book has 1 comment. Post your own!

Gemini13 said...
Jan. 6 at 2:04 pm:
This is a excellent story! Keep it up!