Home > Novel (Fiction) > Action-Adventure > It's Killing Me

It's Killing Me

Marissa L.
It's Killing Me
Summary: "I wasn’t born into a post-apocalyptic era, but I was too young to remember any life before the forsaken desert I grew up in. It was a place of miserable, eternal drought, where all the terrain was dust and the people who lived around me did nothing but talk and dream about the coast." Celia Swann skipped town a week after her mother died, with only one goal in mind: reaching the east coast. During her journey, though, she meets a boy named Daniel who changes everything. Her dreams are quickly forgotten as the race to the coast becomes a race for her life. As her and Daniel attempt to evade the mysterious Suited Men, Celia suddenly starts to question the one thing she was ever certain about: Will she ever reach the coast?

This book has 10 comments. Post your own now!

CurlyGirl17This teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Wow, I really enjoyed this! You're a great storyteller, and your characters really come alive! I would really appreciate it if you checked out the first chapter of my story, Metalligirl, and left a comment or some advice. You do a great job! :)

milforce said...
This is really great! It's a very unique story and I love Celia's determination. You write really well and I'm a little bit jealous of your skill. Great job!

Unsent_Letters replied...
Thank you :)

Kvothe28 This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Oh man. This is defenietly in my top three novels on Teenink. I loved your voice in the beginning of the story. Awesome, and I can't wait for more.

Unsent_Letters replied...
Oct. 7, 2011 at 9:26 am
Thank you so much..I'm reading yours right now!

CautionwetPaint said...
Oct. 6, 2011 at 10:16 am
I absolutely LOVE this!!! When I asnwered your forum on teenink I had no idea what to expect. I mean I usually don't go for the apocalyptic stuff, but this is by far one of the best novels I have ever read on teenink. I can't wait until you post more! Keep up the amazing work! :D 

Unsent_Letters replied...
Oct. 7, 2011 at 9:26 am
Thank You! :D

Garnet77 This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Sept. 8, 2011 at 3:33 am
This is definitely one of my favorite novels here on teenink. I mean, I know it's not finished, but I love what you have going here. The writing is excellent. I was confused when I first started reading this, but your words sucked me into the story almost immediately after that. It kind of feels very empty when I read it, and when I say empty, I don't mean it's missing something. I mean that you've managed to make me feel as if I'm in the story itself, and there aren't a lot of peopl... (more »)

Chipmunk replied...
Sept. 8, 2011 at 9:39 am
Thank you so muchh for the elaborate feed-back..I'm glad you enjoyed it. The next chapter is coming...slowly, I admit, but I'll post it as soon as it's finished..and again, thank you!

Garnet77 This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. replied...
Sept. 8, 2011 at 10:18 am
You're welcome! I just came across this piece by random and it immediately caught my attention. :)