Who Will You Save?

Author's note: I was inspired by my friends because all of the characters in the story look exactly like all of...  Show full author's note »
Author's note: I was inspired by my friends because all of the characters in the story look exactly like all of my closest friends. My one friend told me to base the main character off of me. She has my personality and looks, but a more exciting life. That's what you get with books.  « Hide author's note
Chapters:   « Previous 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 27 Next »

Now I know I'm Stupid

I couldn't help but laugh at his logic. Reincarnation? Ha! Like I believed in that mumbo jumbo. It's a silly idea.
"What?" he said while interrupting my loud guffaws.
"Reincarnation of Lilah? Dang, you are one funny guy. I don't believe in that stuff. It's a bunch of hooey and hocus pocus and bippidy boppidy boo," I said, still chuckling a little.
He stared at me as if I were the weird one. He was the one who thought I was another person. I wanted to laugh even louder at that moment.
"I do. You look like her. You talk like her. I know you are smart and love to read. You are exactly like her. I know it sounds crazy, but I strongly believe in the idea."
I wanted to laugh some more but Greg came in.
"Knock, knock," he said, flashing his hundred watt smile, "How's my girl today?"
"Fine and dandy like Laffy Taffy candy."
"You and Taylor still say that?"
"You know it. I wonder if she called me or texted. She has to know something is wrong. She will freak. Of course, Victor is probably keeping her occupied," I said.
"Oh, about Taylor and Victor. They got into a huge fight last night. He called me up and sounded really ticked off. It didn't sound good. They seemed like they would last too."
Poor Taylor, I thought. She was absolutely in love with him. I wonder what they were fighting about. I knew they had minor complications before but this sounded bad. They were always all over each other and went out every chance they could. She never cancelled on him and he never cancelled on her. They were so compatible.
"Sadie? Earth to Sadie."
I turned towards him and he gave me a questioning look.
"Hey, welcome back. You zoned out there for a minute. Were you thinking about something?"
"Just Taylor. I feel awful now. I hope she's okay," I said.
"She'll be fine. I'm not worried about her at the moment though. I'm worried about you. I hope you get out soon," he said while reaching for my hand.
I didn't know why but I felt like I had to tell Greg about Xavier. Hopefully, he would believe me. He listens to everything. I hope this is one of them.
"Greg?" I asked.
"Yeah, babe?"
"Can I tell you something and will you promise me you won't think I'm crazy?"
"I promise," he swore.
"Okay. Well, when I hit my head, I lost all my senses."
"And I thought you were dead?" he asked, quietly laughing to himself.
"Yeah, Greg, I was dead. I felt a pulling and I was out of my body. I saw you holding me and crying. Then I was in a meadow full of people. They couldn't talk but I knew they wanted to. I looked around, and I saw this guy. He smiled at me and," I paused to look at him and continued, "and I went towards him. He could talk. He told me he was my greeter and his name is Xavier. He's here right now"
Greg stared at me with the strangest expression. I knew he probably wanted to slap me and say, "What's wrong with you, woman?" but he just stared at me.
"Sades, you hit your head. You were probably imagining him," he said calmly.
"But he's here! He's right there! On the window sill!"
I knew what he was seeing. He only saw a window with white drapes. I saw a person.
"I think you're hallucinating. There isn't anyone."
"Yes there is!" I yelled.
I couldn't control my anger. It poured out of me. Greg was the one person who understood me most, and he didn't believe me. It was so aggrivating. I wanted to punch him.
"If you don't believe me, then leave!"
"Fine! I'll leave if you want me to!" He screamed at me.
A nurse opened the door and came in. She was young and didn't look like she enjoyed walking into a hospital everyday just to shove needles in people's arms.
"What is going on in here?" she said and turned to look at Greg, "You don't look like family. I'm going to have to ask you to leave."
"Yes, please do so. He was a being a jerk anyway," I said and gave him a sneer.
After Greg and the nurse left the room, I got up and walked over to Xavier.
"I don't know if you were supposed to tell him about me," he said.
"Be quiet and kiss me," I said while reaching up to put my arms around him.
It was a long, powerful kiss. His lips were moving in perfect motion with mine. I could feel his grip tightening around me. I pulled away a little.
"I think I'm Lilah," I said.
I couldn't believe the reality of my words. I did feel like another person. I felt powerful at that moment, like no one could overrule me in any shape or form. It was astounding.
"Be with me," he whispered.
"Let's go."

emilybwrites said...
great job! please check out my poem "Forgotten Domain" and comment/rate :)

PJD17 This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Mar. 26, 2011 at 5:48 pm:
very unique  great story  please check out and comment on my story Manso's Shame  it's pretty short so it wont take long to read  i would really appreciate any feedback at all

Timekeeper This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Jan. 30, 2011 at 12:26 am:

This is very unique! I can't wait until you complete it!

There are a few minor errors that can be corrected, though (guardian is not spelled with a "q").

Please read and comment on my novel SuperNOVA. Thanks :D

Lex2011 replied...
Feb. 1, 2011 at 5:42 am :
yea. its like being stupid. i have it spelled right but it cuts off the bottom of the "g"

Emmadilemma said...
Jan. 27, 2011 at 10:21 am:
wow!! first sentence completely captured me in. Great plot and great job!!!

Lex2011 replied...
Jan. 28, 2011 at 3:11 pm :
thanks a lot. i've been writing this since june and i may add more. i