Holmes Academy

By A.C.Worsham GOLD, Cocoa, Florida
A.C.Worsham GOLD, Cocoa, Florida

"We can't just slay the dragon with our bear hands!"
"Yeah, we need gloves!"
-Spongebob

Summary:

Holmes Academy, a special school for children trained in the powers of detail and discrepancy. It is a school for modern day detectives and snoops. A school where on the way to class you get lost in secret passages, have to solve riddles to get through doors, and study poisons and murderous weapons and the art of clue finding.

Angie Hilversum, a strange and straightforward girl with an obsession with snow globes and yellow rain boots is invited to attend the school by personal invitation of Dean Ames. She gets a full scholarship which causes upset on campus, but also curiosity to why this girl was special enough to be invited.

Angie meets several people along the way, including friend Jenna Brevies, a terribly shy girl who dislikes being sent to a school for detectives; Will Porter, an upperclassmen who is the big snoop and gossiper around Holmes Academy; Chaz and Diana Sylvan, two stuck up rich twins who can’t stand Angie because of the so-called favoritism she got from Dean Ames.

Besides classes, fights, and the occasional having detention monitored by a basset hound, a boy dies in his bed and it is summed up as a suicide. Angie is the first on the case, the first to conclude that it couldn’t have been suicide, but that there was a murder in Holmes Academy.

A.C.Worsham

Holmes Academy

on Jan. 4 at 9:04 pm
AnimeLover2021, Hillsboro, Texas
It's been almost five years now. don't give up! I need to read more!!! :(

on Jan. 4 at 9:01 pm
AnimeLover2021, Hillsboro, Texas
Did you give up?

on Jul. 7 2012 at 1:16 am
laughterpalace, Ault, Colorado
very interesting! your character is really unique and i like her. keep writing, practice makes perfect. best of luck! by they way, i like the names. i always have trouble naming characters

on Oct. 28 2011 at 10:30 am
A.C.Worsham GOLD, Cocoa, Florida

"Yeah, we need gloves!"
-Spongebob

No lol. Sounds like a book I would read though. Never read it. Never heard of it actually lol :)

on Sep. 20 2011 at 2:05 pm
TheGirlWhoDancesWithSnowflakes SILVER, Sunnyvale, Texas

"Duct tape is like the force. It has a light side, a dark side, and it holds the world together."

Friendship is born at that moment when one person says to another,
"What! You too? I thought I was the only one."
- C. S. Lewis

Oddly enough, this reminds me of ths book about an all girls spy school, the Gallagher Academy. Did you get inspired by that book? :)

on Aug. 23 2011 at 1:15 pm
Free_One PLATINUM, ????, Ohio

"I am not invincible or unstoppable, but I stay strong because it is the only way to survive in this world."

nightstalker part three, four, and five is now out! Go check it out if you liked the first and second! :)(:

on May. 30 2011 at 9:10 am
A.C.Worsham GOLD, Cocoa, Florida

"Yeah, we need gloves!"
-Spongebob

Im trying to rewrite this from a different angle now. The story has kind of gone stale so Im re writing it a little. No worries though, Im still writng it. I love this idea. Sorry I havent posted anything in so long :P

on May. 27 2011 at 9:02 pm
Garnet77 PLATINUM, Sinagpore, Other

"Everything's a triangle." ~ My mother

"Write what you love, write what you care about, because sometimes, it's the easiest way to be heard."

This is really good! I can't wait till you post more! The characters are really interesting, and I've always been a fan of mysteries. Keep writing :)

on May. 27 2011 at 7:36 pm
IluvJesus BRONZE, Stone Mountain, Georgia
Good job so far! I love it. Like all things it could use a LITTLE work. But nice job!

PJD17 SILVER said...
on Mar. 24 2011 at 3:57 pm
PJD17 SILVER, Belleville, Illinois

I do the best imatation of myself- Ben Folds

great story really interesting  could you please take a look at and comment on my story Manso's Shame  i would really appreciate the feedback

Chans247 GOLD said...
on Feb. 26 2011 at 2:17 am
Chans247 GOLD, Rosthern, Other

"You could say this advice is priceless. Now...if you trust in yourself...believe in your dreams...and follow your star...you'll still get beaten by people who spend their time working hard and learning things and weren't so lazy." ~Discworld

This is such a great story! I love the plot.Please write another chapter asap, I can't wait to read it:)

Thinker said...
on Feb. 8 2011 at 6:49 pm

I love this.  Good plot, nice POV changes, and something I would definately buy at a store.  Your story inspired me to continue with an idea of mine, similar to yours(but not the same, so don't worrry)

What're you waiting for? post more!

Sammi_love said...
on Jan. 30 2011 at 6:19 pm
Sammi_love, Ventnor, New Jersey

"Who needs adventure when you can fall asleep and dream."

This was sooo good! I loved it all! please write more :D

on Jan. 30 2011 at 6:09 pm
Lilybird SILVER, Lexington, Massachusetts

sometimes you put up walls not to keep people out, but to see who cares to break them down.

Wow! This is really good, I love it! Please write more!

on Jan. 21 2011 at 2:42 pm
byebyebirdy BRONZE, Fort Worth, Texas

They change every day. Today's is this: "But sometimes the sun has been up for a long time and we just refuse to open the curtains." ~the woman I met on the street that one time.

This is really super cool! write more please :)

on Jan. 15 2011 at 3:26 pm
aspiringauthor_ BRONZE, Fairfield, Connecticut

"Darkness cannot drive out darkness, only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate, only love can do that." - MLK Jr.

Write more! I loved it! :)

on Dec. 29 2010 at 12:04 pm

This is so good, hurry up and write more

on Dec. 25 2010 at 10:22 am
Internal-Love PLATINUM, Queens, New York

Nothing's black or white, its all just a shade of gray---

TI "Live your Life" ft Rihanna

this idea sounds like a REALLY cool mystery novel!! Good job!!

Parkland Book