SuperNOVA | Teen Ink

SuperNOVA

By Timekeeper DIAMOND, Cary, North Carolina
Timekeeper DIAMOND, Cary, North Carolina

"A guy walks up to me and asks 'What's Punk?'. So I kick over a garbage can and say 'That's punk!'. So he kicks over a garbage can and says 'That's Punk'?, and I say 'No that's trendy'!"- Billie Joe Armstrong, Green Day

Summary:

John Lange was your typical New York detective. At least, that's what he's been told. The only thing Lange can remember is getting caught in a near fatal explosion, and now his ex-wife's employers, an organization known only as Project NOVA, have become his only lifeline. No one's willing to tell the whole truth, and no one can be trusted. NOVA's own operatives have been disappearing, and someone on the outside has been watching Lange for a long, long time.

But before Lange can investigate the secretive Project NOVA, he's going to have to learn the truth about himself. And the secrets John Lange's own mind hides may yet make this case his last!

Frank C.

SuperNOVA

Let me know when your story is online, I'd love to check it out!

Be sure to keep checking back for news about the release of the full version of SuperNOVA, and keep commenting/reading/rating and passing the novel along to your friends!

Ah, this was actually corrected ages ago, but in order to make any amendments on Teen Ink I would have to take the entire novel offline and repost it, and it's simpler to just leave it up and make all the changes in the final draft. Good eye though, thank you!

Brilliant work my good man I hope to see more as soon as possible!

This was excellent~ I was super impressed and I'm glad I got the chance to read it :DD

JAWS said...
on Oct. 27 2011 at 11:12 am
I loved it!!!

on Oct. 20 2011 at 5:28 am
kingofwriters BRONZE, DeWitt, Michigan

"Books are a uniquely portable magic." - Stephen King

I love books, and I love technology, but I don't want to see the latter overwhelm the former. I just think books are meant to be pages you turn, not screens you scroll through.

Hey, great story! I loved it! It was enjoyable and really well-written!

Keep up the good writing!

Also, I'd like you to read my two stories. They're in the thriller/mystery section. They're called Infinity: Part One and Piano: Chapter 1-4. Please comment on them!

ssv145 BRONZE said...
ssv145 BRONZE, DeWitt, Michigan
MAN! i love every story like this, but this is awesome! Can't wait for the rest! (P.S., read my book, unknown-day one. It'll be on the site soon, and it'll get better! TRUST ME!

bookwormishgirl PLATINUM, Merion, Pennsylvania

This is wonderful! I'd like to point out that in chapter 7, you wrote "a-wall". I think you meant AWOL, as in Absent Without Official Leave, as in "we don't know where he is or why he's not here".

Just a small correction so you can fix it in the final draft. I can't wait to read more!

Glad you dig the novel man, keep rating/commenting/reading. Recommend it to your friends! Every little bit helps.

Ha ha, thank you so much! You're the first person to say that about John, but I've had more than a few hint at it! I'm glad you liked it so much :D

I didn't get any money for having it published in the magazine, but it did provide some much needed exposure. I also received sticky notes and a pen.

Thanks, Limbo. I'm hard at work on the final draft of the novel, which should clock in at around 120,000 words. The average novel is 60,000 words, which is the reason it's taking me so long!

Thanks, I'm glad you can see the science-fiction undertones. In earlier drafts (most of which never met paper) the Project had a much stronger science fiction element, and at one point the story heavily involved time travel as a plot element.

Love it, bro, love it. This is the kind of stuff I look forward to!!!

applesauceHater SILVER, Nikolaevsk, Alaska
Ooh i love it!!! Can' t wait for more!!! Cool that  you got it published in Teen Ink Maagazine(do you get money for that0_o?). I'm writing a book too(not on here yet though). Hope I can even make it an ounce as awesome as yours.

Limbo said...
on Oct. 12 2011 at 5:42 am
Sweet novel man, I was in suspense the whole time!! When are you going to post the rest?

GreyGirl ELITE said...
on Oct. 12 2011 at 4:35 am
GreyGirl ELITE, Pohang,Kyungbuk, Other
As a fan of sci-fish stuff, I LOVE this! *****

on Oct. 12 2011 at 12:19 am
TheGirlWhoDancesWithSnowflakes SILVER, Sunnyvale, Texas

"Duct tape is like the force. It has a light side, a dark side, and it holds the world together."

Friendship is born at that moment when one person says to another,
"What! You too? I thought I was the only one."
- C. S. Lewis

Wow! Normally, I'm not the type to like stories like this, but I just can't help but fall in love with your story! The plot is original, your perfect sense of grammar makes me smile, and I'm pretty sure I just developed a crush on John. -^_^- Lol Great job!

Thank you so much! Let me know what you think of the rest of it as you continue to read!

Thanks, Morris. Keep recommending the novel to your friends!