Benjamin CHan:CardStone | Teen Ink

Benjamin CHan:CardStone

Author's note:

My name is Evan and I like to write short stories when im bored.

Benjamin Chan, two hours, was exiled from his clan known as the Hearthclan. Benjamin was exiled from his clan because he killed a former friend that turned evil. Even though his friend was evil, killing him did not justify murder so he then was exiled. He completely regretted killing his friend whom was named Vincent. As Benjamin trudged away in the snow many happy memories came back to him about the past and when Vincent was not evil. He later weeped, then kept on going. After an hour of walking in the snow, he saw a gigantic tree in the distance. He sprinted toward the tree hoping it would be a good shelter. As he ran up to the tree, he slipped on a wooden box. Benjamin got up and stared at the box. He inspected the box and noticed that it had a red star in the middle. Benjamin then picked up the box but then teleported to a tavern filled with people. 

"Welcome to Cardstone tavern brawl!"exclaimed the innkeeper. Benjamin looked around the tavern. There were many people eating food, drinking, and playing some kind of card game. Most importantly, the tavern had warmth. Benjamin wanted to stay, but he thought he didn't deserve to stay at the tavern and have food since he killed Vincent. Benjamin then turned to the door. "Don't go yet and lighten up, I'll teach you to play hearthstone." said the innkeeper. "That box you are carrying chose you and wants you to play the card game."said the innkeeper. Benjamin then proceeded to open the box and out came cards. The innkeeper then gestured Benjamin to sit down. "The game is quite simple and luck based, each player flips a card from their deck and whoever has the higher number, keeped the card. When one person has no more cards, they lose."informed the innkeeper. "After you win, you get gold which can get you items to increase your gold. Benjamin then realized that the card game was very similar to a game he played called War. The innkeeper then told Benjamin to find an opponent to start a game. "Just win at least one game before you leave the tavern."said the innkeeper. A man then sat across Benjamin and asked to duel. 

Felix and Benjamin shook hands. "Your new to this game right?"said Felix. "Doesn't mean ill go easy, my luck points is fifteen." Felix then took out some money that he wanted to bet. Benjamin took all the money the innkeeper gave him to bet. Both players then proceed to flip their card. The game starts! Benjamin then flipped a six while Felix flipped a three. "How did you beat me on the first turn, you have no luck points."said Felix. The game then began to last hours until Felix didn't have any cards left. Benjamin then took his money to buy items to increase his luck points. He then played more and more games got much more money. He beat fellow players Aaron, Harrison, and Gavin. After earning so much money, he had luck points of over nine hundred. The innkeeper congratulated him and encouraged him to leave the tavern to find and beat harder opponents. 

Benjamin traveled to many places such as Azeroth and Stormwind to face the toughest of the toughest. He beat many famous players and champions like Joshua the great, Tithi the intellect, and Elizabeth the Grand. He always updated the innkeeper of his victories and kept in touch for a very long time. As he lived in a mansion in Azeroth, he talked with the innkeeper and thanked him for introducing him to cardstone. We later find out the innkeepers name is Vincent.