The Husky | Teen Ink

The Husky

July 7, 2016
By MonaJones529 BRONZE, Provo, Utah
More by this author
MonaJones529 BRONZE, Provo, Utah
1 article 1 photo 0 comments

Author's note:

Well, My teacher at my school helped me come up with the idea in class for a writing activity and my Animal Abandonment Photo Project in my Photo Class.

Husky's Life:

 

The Husky walked through the street. She could smell something good. She followed the smell.
The smell came from a fancy restaurant that allowed no dogs. She didn't dare to go near after what had happened last time.
The chef chased her into the sewer.
She kept looking for food. Her stomach growled loudly. She decided to give up and go home.

She walked to the small abandoned alley. She curled up in her newspapers. She tried to remember her Mother.
Her eyes grew heavy and slowly drifted off to sleep.

She saw her Mother. Her fur was pretty and white, her eyes sparkled, her smile warmed her pups heart. Then, disaster struck. The Mother tried to protect her pup as best as she could.
They were surrounded. The last thing the pup remembered hearing from her Mother was,
"Run, Belle."

The husky pup woke up in shock. She could remember her name.
Belle.

Belle tried to remember what happened, but she couldn't. She whimpered softly. She decided to go clear her head and go for a walk.
She found a hot dog on the ground. A smile grew on her face. She gobbled down the hot dog like she hadn't eaten for a month. She continued walking.
She heard a car horn. She turned her head and saw a car. She tried to get away in time, but couldn't. She hit a wall, falling to the ground.
Her vision blurred and went dark.

Belle ran for her life. She didn't know why but she ran.
She heard a yip. She turned around to find her Mother motionless. She ran to her Mother and cried, trying to help her up. She didn't know she was dead.
Belle whined. The people who were chasing after her surrounded her. She looked up and was terrified at what she saw.
Then, she finally realized that her Mother was dead. She didn't know what to do. Her mind told her to run but she stayed where she was, to terrified at what she was staring at.
A Wolf.

The wolf growled at Belle. Finally, Belle took action.
The wolf striked at her eye. Belle yelped in pain.
She quickly took her mind off it. She ran as far as her short puppy legs could go. The wolf never saw what he did to Belle, She never showed him her face.
But he did harm her. He attacked her left eye.

Belle woke up in a type of cave. She couldn't make out most of the details.
She saw someone. She couldn't see him well either.
"Who are you..?" she moaned.
"It's OK little one, you're safe now." the figure uttered. His voice was deep. He stepped forward.
He was a wolf. His fur was almost like Belle's. His smile calmed her, almost like her Mother's...
Belle squinted her eyes. "Do I know you..?" she asked.
"When you were a pup. But I would never forget my own daughter."
Belle gasped. "Daddy..?"
The wolf smiled. "Yes Belle, it's me."

Belle ran up to her Father and embraced him.
"I found you when that car hit you, are you OK?" he asked.
"Yeah, I'm OK. I just had a bad dream about Mommy..." Belle sighed, hanging her head. "I miss her." she whined.
"It's OK, Belle," he sighed. "I miss her too. There is not a day that I don't think about her. Go get some rest."
Belle went to the basket, curling up into a ball shape. She closed her eyes and drifted off to sleep, thinking of her Mother.

Belle tossed and turned. Voices were in her head. The nightmare wouldn't stop.
Belle woke up in shock. Her Father lay asleep beside her. She couldn't go back to sleep, there was too much on her mind. So she just layer there.
When her Father woke up, Belle was sitting outside watching the sun. Her Father sat next to her.
"I couldn't sleep." she quickly uttered.
"We should go get some food." her Father sighed.
They were close to the Human Village, so they didn't need to go so far. As they walked, Belle felt like she was being watched.
Her Father took her to a new cake shop that just opened. He climbed into the dumpster to get her something, but when he came down, Belle wasn't there...

Belle's instincts were right, she was being watched. Someone was carrying her in their jaw.
She was taken to a dark cave. The thing that was carrying her plopped her on the floor. Belle knew she was in the presence of the wolves that killed her Mother.
"I brought the pup as you asked, Alpha." the wolf growled.
There was a chuckle. "Good. Bring her to me..." Another wolf uttered. He was in the shadows. His voice was dark, and deep.
The wolf carried Belle to the dark wolf.
The wolf showed his face. his fur was dark and grey. His teeth were sharp, he had a scar on his eye and his ear had a bite mark. He was Belle's definition of terrifying. Belle was more terrified that she had ever been.
The wolf smiled an evil grin. "You were only a new pup, last time I saw you." he growled.
Belle gulped. "You're the one who killed my Mommy..." She whimpered.
The wolves evil grin grew. "Yes, you remember me well..." He continued glaring. "Put her in the dungeon, I'll deal with her latter."
The wolf that was carrying her followed his order.

He took her to a deep hole in the floor.
She let out a grunt as she hit the floor. She curled up into a ball shape, trying to stay warm.
Belle heard the wolves talking about her.

"What are you going to do with her, Alpha?"
"For now, nothing. She is the bait. Soon, he will come. Then we strike."

The wolf was right. An hour later, someone broke in. Someone had snatched her out of the hole. She didn't know what was going on. She had her eyes shut tight 
"No, don't do it! Brother, please!" A voice said.
Belle felt something hot underneath her.
"Not one more step, Fang! Or she gets it!" Yelled Alpha.
"Let her go!"
Belle felt herself falling. Finally, she opened her eyes. There was fire underneath her. Her Father took action and caught her just in time. The wolves surrounded them. Belle shut her eyes to avoid watching the scene.

Belle found herself back at the cave. She sighed in relief.
"Daddy, who was that? she asked.
Her Father sighed, shaking his head.
"He's... your Uncle..."
"Why did he kill mommy?"
Her Father ignored the question. "Go get some sleep." he uttered.
Belle did not argue. She felt a bit tired anyway. She slowly climbed into her basket. Her eyes grew heavy. She slowly drifted off to sleep.
Her Father lay next to her, unable to sleep. He wished Alpha never mentioned his name. He wasn't Fang anymore. Not since the night of his wife's passing...

elle woke up before the sun rose. She always loved to watch the sunrise. It was her way of greeting the day.
The sun rose past the mountain. It lit up the whole forest. She had never seen such a beautiful sunrise. She stood amazed at how much beauty there was in front of her.
"Amazing isn't it?" her Father walked toward her.
"Its never been like this in the Human Village..."
Her Father stared at the sky. "You stay here, I'll get us some breakfast."
Belles stomach growled. Belle went inside. She found a little leaping bug to play with. A few hours passed and she continued pouncing on the bug.
Suddenly, an awful smell reached her nose. She looked outside and saw a black fog covering the sky. She couldn't find any light from the sun. She ignored it and continued pouncing on the bug.

"What have you done?! Belle can't get out of a fire!" her Father yelled.
Alpha glared. "Exactly, Fang!" he chuckled. "That's my plan!"
Belle's Father tried to go and save her, but alpha's pack held him down. He struggled, trying to break free.

Belle was surrounded by fire. She saw a small space that she could squeeze through. But there was more fire on the other side. She looked around, trying to figure a way out. She backed away, slowly.
A loud crack came behind her. Belle jumped. She quickly turned her head, finding another tree falling into the fire. She hardly had any space to move without burning herself. The fire crackled loudly.
Belle heard another tree branch. She looked up, finding it falling in her direction. She couldn't move without burning herself.
She found an opening big enough for her to jump through. She leaped right as the branch hit the ground. She landed, feeling burns through her fur and was completely sore. (does that sound right?) Belle panted, tiredly.
She heard something in the distance not to far from her. She hid between 2 rocks. It was one of the wolves from Alpha's pack. She ducked low, trying to stay hidden, until the wolf would leave.
Belle slowly limped out of her hiding spot, sighing in relief. She noticed sut on her fur, She was a mess. She didn't know where her Father was. She decided to go back into the human's town.

Belle walked into the alli. She noticed a box with old pillows and blankets. She also noticed a bowl of kibble. She knew kibble when she saw it. She gobbled down the kibble and drunk the water. She noticed a shadow growing on the ground. A human was glaring at her. She chased her out of the alli. Belle could tell she wasn't supposed to be there. She noticed her father in the forest. They ran up to each other. She climbed to his fur to know she was safe.
"I was so scared," she whimpered. "Daddy, I was so scared!"
Her father smiled. "I was too." He sighed.
Belle looked at him confused. "I was scared I was going to lose you. "
Belle thought for a moment. "Daddy," she asked. "Who's Fang?"
Belle's Father froze. "He's the one who really killed your Mother... Me..." He uttered.
Belle saw Fang in her head. He terrified her.
"But I didn't mean to."
Belle hung her head. "Why did you kill Mommy?" Belle uttered. Her Father still froze. "I was forced to... by Alpha..." he croaked, trying not to cry. "He told me he would hurt you if I didn't. But he tricked me..." Belle nuzzled against his fur. "I'm not leaving you alone ever again." He sighed. Belle heard something outside. A wolf walked into the cave. Belle hid behind her Father. The wolf smiled at her. Belle slowly came out of her hiding spot.
"You were only a pup when I last saw you." She sighed. Belle smiled. shyly She knew who she was.

Belle laid asleep in her basket. Her Father sat with the wolf.
"Thanks for coming, Clara." He uttered.
Clara smiled. "You know I love to see my niece. She reminds me of her Mother." Clara sighed.
They turned their heads to check on Belle, still sound asleep.
"If anything happens to me, I want you to take care of her." He sighed, hanging his head. "I'm probably not going to make it. Alpha might be done with me."
Clara looked at him. "Of course." She sighed.
"I'd better go ahead and go,"he sighed, getting up. "the sooner the better." He walked away.
"Be safe, Fang." Clara uttered.
Fang froze, at the name. But continued moving on.
Clara watched him walk into the distance.

"Auntie Clara?" Belle uttered.
Clara woke up, finding Belle in front of her.
"Yes Belle?" She mumbled.
"Where's Daddy? We always watch the sunrise together."
Clara looked outside. "Daddy's... getting us some breakfast." She fibbed.
"Oh..." she uttered. "Could you watch it with me?"
Clara smiled as she walked outside with Belle.
Belle sat outside. She stared at the forest.
"He's been gone for a long time now..." she uttered. Clara sat next to her. "He's not coming back, is he?"
Clara hung her head. "I'm not sure Sweetheart..." she uttered. "I'm sorry."
Belle hung her head.
"I'm going for a walk. Don't worry, I know a safe rout." She sighed. She walked outside, to the human village.

Belle rummaged through the dumpster behind the new Café. On her way home, she came across the alley she used to live in. A bowl of kibble sat there.
She felt something tight around her neck. It dragged her on the sidewalk. She saw a human holding a stick that was attached to her neck. She dragged her paws, trying to get away, but failed. She was dragged to a large scary building.
They threw her into a dark cold stone floor cage.
She was trapped. The cage door slammed shut. Belle hung her head.
She heard a door open. She turned her head and saw a little girl. She walked over to Belle's cage.
She smiled at her. Belle smiled back. The cage door opened and the girl picked her up. Belle licked her face. The little girl giggled.
"Hi, Belle." She smiled.

Belle knew the little girl. She took care of Belle when she was in the alli. Belle was happy with her, but not happy enough. She missed her family and the little girl knew it.
"I can't stand to see you like this, Belle." She uttered. She hugged Belle tight. "You need to go find them."
Belle looked at her.
"You can visit." she sighed. She took her to the edge of the forest.

Belle went to the cave, hoping to find her Aunt, but found her motionless on the floor.
Belle slowly walked toward her.
"Auntie Clara...?" She uttered.
No response.
Belle's eyes grew foggy. She closed her eyes and turned around, and walked away.
"Belle..."
Belle quickly turned around.
"I'm sorry..." Clara moaned.
"Auntie Clara, no..."Belle whined. "I'm all alone without you..." Belle butted her.
Clara smiled. "You'll never be alone. No matter what." Clara continued smiling. "You have your Mother's eyes..."
"Auntie Clara..."
Clara's eyes slowly closed shut. Belle felt empty inside. She gave a long grieving howl.
She turned around, with tears in her eyes and waited on the edge of the cliff. She was there after dark.

The author's comments:

Ok, so basicly, I wrote this story in 2 parts. This is end of part 1, and next chapter is part 2. That is why chapter 1 title is so long. I didn't type it all in the title box though. So next chpater, I'm puting in the part name and the chapter name in the story part of the box. I'm going to currently stop here and continue finish typing it up later but there is more to this one.

She looked at the full moon. There, in the cool evening breeze, she gave another grieving howl for her Father.
Her new home now, was the wild. No more life in the human village.
Her new life has begun.

Intro:
Belle had left her life in the Human's Village behind and has began another. Things have changed and little did she know what was in store for her future...

Chapter 17: New Life

Belle ran with her pack, searching for food. The stopped for a moment to rest. Belle perched on a rock covered in snow. She spotted a rabbit, down in the field. She had the sharpest sight with her right eye and the sharpest hearing in her pack.

"Guys," she uttered. "I see something.

"A wolf walked to her side, to make sure she was right.

"That doesn't look like enough for all of us..." he uttered.

"Trust me guys... I got this."

Belle smiled. "Turk, come with me. "Aardwolf, Chan, Accalia, wait for my signal."

The pack went into formation. Belle and Turk stalked the creature, staying low to the ground.

"Stay here." Belle whispered.

Belle walked up to the creature. She rose from the ground, and gave a loud howl.

Rabbits hopped everywhere. Belle's pack ran and surrounded the creatures. This was one of their biggest meals.

Belle and her pack sat, eating their meal.

Belle had changed since she had left her old life. She made new friends, and grew close to all of them but also got more freedom. Something still bothered her, but she didn't know what.

"Thanks Belle for finding us a meal." Turk snapped her back to reality. "We would be lost without you." he uttered.

"Uh, yeah... No problem..." Belle sighed. "I need some air." she quickly walked out of the cave. She walked to the edge of the cliff. She stared at the ground.

Turk walked to her side. "Everything OK, Belle?" he asked.

"I don't know..." she sighed. "I feel like I'm missing something." she laid herself onto the ground. Turk laid next to her.

"Talk to me, I'm here for you.

"Belle sighed. "I.. I think its my Dad..." she uttered. "Like, he's still alive... but it cant be true... he would of come back a long time ago..."

"What happened to him?"

Belle turned her head and shut her eyes. "All I know is that he left me..." Belle tried to keep her tears inside.

"Belle-"

"We should go ahead and get some sleep." Belle walked back inside the cave.

Turk didn't argue with his leader.

Belle watched the sunrise. Turk sat beside her.

"Since when do you watch the sunrise?" he asked.

"Its something I've done all my life." she sighed. "I stopped once i was on my own, but now I wish I hadn't... I always watched it with my Dad."

"You talk about your Dad a lot. What was your Mom like?" Turk asked.

The sound of the name sent Belle back to that fateful day.

Belle let out a whine, almost falling off the cliff.

"Belle!" Turk yelled. "Are you alright?"

"I'm fine..." she uttered. She go t up from the ground. "I'm going to go take a walk. You'll be in charge till I get back."

Belle had been in the woods many times after she left her home. Se had a strange feeling though that she wasn't alone. She heard something behind her.

She turned around to strike but she froze when she saw what was there.

"Dad...?" Belle uttered.

"Where have you been?" she asked in a strict tone.

"Calm down, Belle-"

"CALM DOWN??" she yelled. "YOU LEFT ME AND NOW SHOW UP AND EXPECT ME TO CALM DOWN??"

"Belle, please listen-"

"NO! You listen!"

"Belle, Please!" Fang yelled. "I've come to warn you."

"What do you mean...?" Belle uttered.

Its Alpha. He's-"

"Sh!" Belle snapped. Her ear twitched.

"Belle-"

"Quiet!"

Belle's ear continued twitching. Her eyes grew wide.

"Run" Belle pushed her Father out of the way. A net came hurdling toward her. Belle got caught in the net.

"Go get my pack, they'll help! They live on the top of the mountain!

"Fang ran as fast as he could toward the mountain.

"Hurry, Dad..." Belle whispered.

Fang rushed into the cave.

"Please, you have to help me!" he uttered.

Turk walked up to him. "Who are you, and what do you want?" he growled.

"Its Belle, she's in trouble!"

"What trouble?"

"I'll explain on the way, come on!"

Belle laid in a pit. She knew where she was.

"Last I saw you, you were a runt..." a voice said.

Belle sprung up and growled at the wolf speaking to her.

"Oh, now you think you're so tough now? Heh, you're still weak."

"I'll have you know I'm not weak! I am leader of my pack! You know nothing about me!" Belle snarled. "Show yourself Alpha!"

Alpha chuckled. "I'm right next to you..."

Belle turned her head. Alpha had an evil grin on his face. He looked different.

"They call you a leader?" he chuckled. "You cant even see right."

Belle growled, her ears laid back.

"Tsk, tsk, tsk. You were always hot headed.

"Belle at this point was clawing the walls of the pit, trying to get out and attack.

"You will not win, Alpha! My friends will come, and-"

"Save your breath. They will come, but not come out." Alpha uttered. "you see belle, I've had my eye on you. I know your friends, especially Turk. You seem... close with him..." Alpha smiled and evil grin.

Belle was shocked at the mention on Turk's name, but stayed strong.

"You see," Alpha continued. "I had meant to capture you. Your Father was just the bait. He's luring our friends into my trap. My pack will bring them here and you will watch them suffer. Starting with Turk!"

Belle couldn't hold back any longer. "No!" she yelled. "Leave him out of this!"

"Oh, Belle... you're so predictable." Alpha walked away laughing.

Belle hung her head.

"And that's why I need your help." Fang and Belle's pack were waiting outside of Alpha's cave.

"Well, I'm in. I would do anything for Belle." Turk uttered.

"Well, I'm afraid you won't be able to save her." Fang chuckled.

Wolves surrounded them.

"Its a trap!" Turk uttered.

"There is no escape now..." Fang growled.

"Your a fool Alpha! My Father would never-" Belle uttered.

"Brother, I have returned, and I've brought what you wanted." Fang uttered, walking into the cave.

"Good work, brother... You have done well. you were saying, Belle?"

Belle stared at her Father in disbelief.

"They don't call me Fang for nothing." Fang smiled, showing his teeth, covered in blood.

Belle noticed her pack injured. Everyone was OK, but Turk wouldn't move.

"Throw them in the pit, with belle." Alpha growled.

Belle found her pack, one by one, fall into the pit. Her pack either suffered bruises, or bites.

"Why are you doing this to me, Fang?" Belle whined. "Why"

Fang only glared at Belle. "You are no longer my Daughter." he growled.

Belle glared at Fang. "You were never my Father..."

"Fang, forget her. you have one ting left to do, and we'll be together once more." Alpha uttered.

Fang walked in front of Alpha.

Alpha raised his paw to Fang's eye, and slashed.

Belle stared in shock.

"We are now one. We shall take care of the runts after our hunt." Alpha uttered. "Then, we strike..."

Belle didn't react. She just stared at Fang in disbelief.

Fang and Alpha walked out of the cave.

"What happened when you got ambushed? Belle asked.

"Turk tried to fight them off, but..." Ardwolf sighed.

"Tell me, Ardwolf!"

"They... they..."

"TELL ME"

"They made us watch him suffer... and then made us suffer."

"He should be ok," Accalia assured her. "He has many bites, but will be ok."

"Let me see him." Belle uttered.

"Belle, he needs to rest..."

"Let me see him."

Belle made her way to Turk. He looked completely helpless like this.

Belle laid beside him. She stared at his face. She licked his nose and went to sleep. She could hear his short breaths...

Belle woke up alone in the pit. She sprung up looking for Turk.

She didn't know what was going on.

"Belle, where are you?" Accalia asked.

"I'm over here, whats going on?" Belle asked.

"We don't know, but we cant find Ardwolf. We think she escaped."

They stopped talking when they heard someone growling above them.

"I'm still here guys," Ardwolf answered. "I'm up here."

Belle and her pack fought to the death. Alpha's pack kept charging at them. Fang got a hold of Ardwolf. He grabbed her by the neck. She whined in fear. "Last chance, Belle! Join me, or she gets it!" Fang growled. "Just do it brother, she wouldn't do it anyway" Alpha uttered. Belle stepped forward. "Wait-"

But she was too late.

She heard a whine, then a thud. Belle stared at the body in front of her.

"What have you become, Fang?" she whined.Fang chuckled. "I've become my true self." he uttered.

"You've become a monster!" Accalia yelled. "You killed my sister!!!"

"And your next..." Fang growled.

Fang's pack charged at them. Belle was furious. She charged toward his pack. She yelled in complete anger. Her eyes were filled with hate.

Belle panted heavily. Fang's pack laid on the ground, injured.

"See what you've done Belle?" Fang uttered. "You are a part of me. You are wild inside. Join me, and we could be a family again."

"You know that I would never do such a thing!" Belle growled. She pounced on Fang. Her mouth began to foam. Fire were in her eyes.

"And if you try to harm me, or my pack ever again, we will show no mercy!"

Fang felt fear inside of him. Belle finally got off of him.

"Let's go." She growled.

She and her pack ran out of the cave.

Turk fell behind, so Belle helped him out. The others went ahead to the cave.

"I know someone who could help you." Belle uttered. "She took care of me when I was in the human village. Her owner helped."

Belle took Turk to the edge of the forest. She gave a long soft howl.

A husky with the whitest fur came.

"Good to see you, Belle." she uttered. "What do you need?"

"Hey lilly, my friend is hurt, can you help?" Belle asked.

"I'll go grab some stuff from my human."

"Thank you, Lilly. "Belle smiled.

Belle and Turk walked home.

A few hours later, Lilly came back with some stuff. Turk was unfamiliar with these items, so he got a bit cautious. After Lilly left, Belle and Turk sat together on the cliff.

"I'm sorry about your Dad." he uttered."

It's ok," Belle sighed. "I'm just disappointed that he left me alone after Aunt Clara died..."

Turk nudged closer. "But ten you met us." he said.

Belle looked into his eyes. They sparkled in the moonlight. Belle smiled.

"I wish Mom was here, she would know what to do." Belle's smile faded.

"We'll figure it out, and we'll do it together."

Belle looked at the full moon. Turk licked her face. Belle looked at him in surprise.

"Sorry... I shouldn't of done that..." He uttered.

Belle licked him back. He turned his head to look at her. She had a smile on her face. Turk smiled too.

They licked each other.

Belle watched the sunrise with Turk.

They cuddled together. When the sun was finally up, the pack woke up.

"Were you out here all night?" Accalia asked. "We need to go get some food."

"I'm going to stay here and help Turk today." Belle uttered. "I'll be staying close to the cave."

"Ok, we'll be back in a few hours."

Belle sat with Turk. They cuddled.

"Is it ok for me to ask about what happened to your Mom?" Turk asked.

The memory played in Belle's head.

"I suppose you should know by now..." she sighed.

"I was still young, so it's a bit of a blur..." Belle uttered. "My Mom was trying to protect me from Alpha, but she died. I was to stupid to understand what was going on, so Alpha's pack took advantage. I had no one to look after me. So, I ran away, scared and alone." Belle hung her head.

"I'm sorry that happened to you." Turk sighed. "What was she like?"

Belle thought for a moment.

"She had beautiful fur and Blue eyes that always sparkled when she smiled."

"Like that friend of yours?"

Belle thought a moment. "Maybe... Mom didn't have white fur though..." Belle sighed. "I feel like I knew Lilly since she was young though... as if we were sisters..."

"Did you have siblings?"

A new memory payed through Belle's mind.

She saw 2 husky pups that looked like her.

"Guys, we need to get out of here!" Belle yelled. Her voice squeaked.

Two pups hid behind a crate. They quivered in fear.

"Come on! we're not safe here!"

There were growls behind them. One pup ran as fast as she could.

"Lilly!" Belle yelled. Lilly didn't stop. She ran for her life

"Come on Chibi, were on our own."

Belle and Chibi ran for their lives. Belle turned on a corner to an alli.

"We'll have to stay here Chibi..." She sighed.

Chibi didn't respond. Belle turned. Chibi wasn't there.

She was completely alone...

"Yes..." Belle sighed. "I had a Brother, and a Sister..."

"Tell me about them." Turk uttered.
"I only remember them from when Alpha attacked..." Belle sighed.

"We're back Belle." Accalia uttered. "Not much food though..."

"I caught some rabbits while you were gone." Belle uttered. "I need to go take care of something."

Belle walked to Alpha's cave. Fang was outside.

"What do you want?" he snapped.

"I want to talk to Alpha." Belle growled.

Alpha came as requested.

"Where is my Brother?" Belle snarled.

"About time you found out." he uttered. "You were always so dumb minded."

"Where is my brother?!" Belle yelled, holding back the urge to tear him apart. "I know you took him.

"Alpha shook his head. "I don't know where he is." he uttered.

"TELL ME, OR I WILL TEAR YOU TO SHREDS!"

"I don't know! He ran off after we took him. I'd say he's a goner. He was always weak, like his Mother."

Belle pounced on Alpha. "Do not insult my family!" she snarled, then walked away.

A huge snow storm came out of nowhere.

Belle could hardly stand or keep her eyes open.

"Chibi!" she yelled. The wind muted her calls.

Belle tripped and tumbled off the hill. She laid in the snow, motionless... She heard only the sound of the wind.

"Hey!"Belle woke up instantly. Someone yelled in her ear. She shook her head. She tried getting up but the wind was too strong.

Belle felt someone at her side, helping her up.

"Come'on, my cave isn't too far from here." uttered the wolf. Belle couldn't open her eyes from the wind.

The wind stopped suddenly. Belle opened her eyes and found herself in a cave.

"Thank you." she uttered.

"What's your name?"

"I'm Belle." Belle looked at who she was talking to. She couldn't believe who it was.

"I'm-"

"Chibi?"

"How do you know my name?" Chibi asked. "Are you...?"

"Can it be...?" Belle uttered.

"Belle?"

Belle embraced her brother.

"Ive missed you! After what happened, I thought i lost you forever!"

"I've missed you too! Chibi uttered. "Where's Dad and Lilly?"

Belle hung her head.

"Whats wrong?" Chibi asked.

"He's not our Father anymore, Chibi." Belle sighed. "He's with Alpha."

"But, why...?"

"I'd rather not say, or talk about it..."The storm started to go down.

"I got to go back to my pack. " Belle uttered.

"Can I come with?" Chibi asked.

Belle smiled. They ran out of the cave and into the fresh snow.

Accalia was waiting outside.

"Belle, we were so worried!" Accalia sighed. "Where were you?"

"I'm fine, Accalia, my Brother found me." Belle sighed.

Accalia stared at Belle. "You have a brother?"

Turk and Belle sat on the cliff, watching the sunset.

"I'm happy you found your brother." Turk uttered.

"He's the one who found me." Belle sighed. "I probably wouldn't be here if he didn't find me."

"Hope i'm not interrupting..." Chibi walked in.

"Your fine." Belle smiled.

Chibi sat next to Belle. It went silent for a moment.

"Turk, would it be ok if we have a minute?" Belle asked, breaking the silence.

Turk headed into the cave.

"Tell me what happened the night I lost you." Belle asked.

"Well, I took a wrong turn so Alpha's pack took me. I ran away the next day." Chibi sighed. They talked for a few hours. "Belle," Accalia bursted out of the cave. "Were under attack."

Belle turned her head and saw Alpha's pack running through the forest.

"Chibi, go get Lilly. We'll take care of this." Belle uttered. She ran into action. "Accalia, Turk, Chan, come with me."

Alpha's pack charged at them. Belle and Turk perched on a rock, scanning the area for Fang and Alpha.

"You take Fang, I'll take Alpha." Belle uttered.

There," Turk said. "By the tree."

Belle charged into action. Alpha waited for her arrival.

"I told you both that if you would attack us again, I would show no mercy!" Belle snarled. She charged toward Alpha. They rolled around on each other, both becoming bruised.

It was Fight to the Death...

Belle made the final strike. Alpha laid on the ground.

Belle walked over to Fang. "Now were even." she growled, then walked away.

"Belle, what got into you??" Chibi asked.

"What had needed to be done, needed to be done Chibi." Belle sighed. "You'll never understand."

"You killed our Uncle! That's not you, I know its not you! I know my Sister!"

"Well Chibi, people change! Get used to it. That is one of the rules of survival. He isnt our Uncle anymore anyway!"

"But why did you kill Alpha??"

"BECAUSE HE KILLED ARDWOLF!"

Everyone stood in silence.

"But... Dad wouldn't-"

"Dad's gone Chibi, He's on their side now! WAKE UP!!!"

Belle's face was streaming with tears. She ran out of the cave crying.

Turk and Lilly ran after her.

"He doesn't know how much he messed up my life!" Belle whined.

"Its ok Belle," Turk uttered. "Its affected us too."

"I'm glad you came to talk to me Turk." Belle smiled, then licked his face.

"I came too," Lilly walked out of the cave. "Just wanting to make sure my big sis is ok."

"Well, I'm not. My whole life, I've never been ok."

Chibi walked out of the cave. "I'm sorry for what happened earlier..." he sighed.

"Its ok," Belle uttered. "I'm sorry too. I'm just missing Mom is all."

"We miss her too Belle."They all looked at the moon. Belle howled a long howl, her siblings joining her.

They heard another howl in the distance.

"Dad..." Belle whispered.

The author's comments:
Well, This is the end of the First! There is (completed) another and I plan to write a 3d. I'll post those on this website later. Tell me what you guys think! I worked really hard on this story.

Belle waited with Lilly and Chibi. Fang slowly appeared out of the distance. He was injured.

"I'm sorry... Belle." he muttered. "I was a fool."

"What happened?" Belle asked.

"My pack betrayed me, saying it was my fault for Alpha's death.

"Fang collapsed to the ground. Belle, Lilly and Chibi ran over to his side.

"Belle," he uttered. "I'm proud to have someone like you be my daughter."

"And I'm proud to have someone like you for my Dad..." Belle whined.

"I'm sorry I left you..."

Fang slowly closed his eyes. Belle bursted into tears. She let out a long grieving howl, her siblings joining her."Goodbye, Daddy..." she whispered.

Belle sat alone on the cliff.

"I'm sorry about your Father." Turk uttered, sitting next to her."

I've done so much that I now regret..." Belle whined.

"I'm sure you won't regret this."

Turk licked Belle's nose. Belle looked at him.

"I love you, Belle." Turk smiled.

Belle smiled and licked him back. "I love you too." she uttered.



Similar books


JOIN THE DISCUSSION

This book has 0 comments.