Home > Novel (Fiction) > Action-Adventure > In Search Of Calamus

In Search Of Calamus

Edward C.
In Search Of Calamus
Summary: The story starts out with King Adonis getting sick and then unable to rule the city of Athens.
The doctor then tells Aristides that he must climb Mount Olympia in order to get an herb called Calamus.
While Aristides is climbing Mount Olympia, he meets many creatures from Greek mythology including a Cyclops, the Sphinx, a Griffin, and a Manticore. Some of them try to kill him while others try to help him. Read and find out!

Tags: nature

MadisHeart said...
Jun. 28, 2013 at 12:06 pm:
Greek Mythology is just the greatest thing, isn't it? :) My book is about Hawaiian Mythology, maybe you would like to check it out?  In Search of Calamus is a great title, it is perfect in the way it really conveys what the book is about rather than just something random.

CurlyGirl17This teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Mar. 25, 2013 at 7:54 pm:
That was nice! This story sounds like it would make a good fable or fairytale, the way the prince meets the mythical creatures along the way, saves his father, and makes an unlikely friend in the end. If you would check out the first chapter of my story, Metalligirl, and leave a comment, I'd appreciate it- you do a good job! Keep writing! :)