Merrikeep

Chapters:   « Previous 1 2 3 4 Next »

The others

“Guys this is…Myra. Myra Phillips. I met her on my, er…walk.” Said Neil, gesturing towards her. They all seemed to stop at her name but recovered quickly. Myra wasn’t sure whether she had seen it at all. Neil motioned towards the man who was about his age,
“This is Michael. He can be a bit annoying, but he’s an all-around good guy.” Michael had short pitch black hair that was obviously kept short to keep it tamed and under-control. He had grey eyes that glimmered with humor and laughter. Myra was slightly glad however that he wasn’t incredibly tall, only about 5ft 10in or so. He was wearing pretty much the same thing as Neil, except his clothes were a bit cleaner and he was wearing a black leather jacket. Without all the studs and things. Michael put his hands behind his head,
“Ah come on Neil! I’m not that bad. It’s nice to meet you Myra. And also just call me Mike.” His voice lowered to a stage whisper that everyone could hear,
“Neil can be a bit stubborn at times, but he will deny it.” Neil folded his arms and gave a frown,
“I am not stubborn.” Everyone laughed, including Myra.
The girl spoke up next,
“My name is Daniella Green. Just call me Dani though.” Dani had platinum blonde hair tied back in a high pony-tail, and green eyes. Her skin was tanned lightly, and she had a very athletic body. She seemed very laid-back and calm, unlike Mike, who was more the party type, and Neil, who seemed a bit uptight about things. She wore a dark blue tank-top, dark jeans with a hole in the right knee, and white and blue sneakers. Myra smiled brightly,
“It’s nice to meet you. Oh. And this is August.” Attention was brought to the dog who had lied down out of boredom. The Golden Retriever raised his head as everyone looked at him, and his tail started wagging. Dani and Mike both got down and started petting him. Mike suddenly looked at Dani,
“…Can we get a dog?” She glared and gave an immediate,
“No.” Mike pouted while he scratched August’s ear. The last boy spoke up, the one around Myra’s age.
“I’m Devon.” He smiled. Devon had dark hair, Myra wasn’t entirely sure if it was Black or just really dark brown. His eyes were a blue. Like no doubt they were blue. Myra hadn’t seen eyes that blue. Ever. He was only an inch taller then her, 5ft 4in. He was wearing a black t-shirt and dark jeans, and black sneakers. Myra smiled brightly,
“It’s nice to meet you Devon.” Devon opened his mouth to say something when he was drowned out by a yell from Dani,
“Mike! Stop whining! Honestly! You are so annoying sometimes…” She had stood up and she grabbed a flashlight,
“I’m going on my rounds.” She spoke snappily. She was obviously angry at something Mike had said. Mike ran a hand through his hair, looking sad and worried as she stormed off.,
“Dani! Wait up!” He ran after her saying, “I’ll be back later guys!”

Devon laughed softly and said,
“Want something to eat Myra?” Myra’s stomach grumbled at the thought of food and she looked down, nodding in embarrassment. Neil got into a pot over the fire. Myra sat down on the ground, and August came over and laid down next to her.
“So…Do Dani and Mike always argue?” Neil and Devon laughed.
“Yeah! They do.” Replied Neil. “Everyone knows that they like each other too. But we have no idea when they are going to get together.” Myra smiled,
“I’m sure they will eventually…” Devon scoffed,
“If you say so. I mean…they are both just so dense.” They all laughed. Neil handed Myra a bowl of chicken noodle soup and Devon brought something up.
“So…Myra? Um…How did you stumble across Neil?” Myra bit her lip. Well…That‘s complicated. How could I not be expected to sound crazy when I say, “Oh you know…Found a hole in my wall and walked in.” She thought. Neil handed her a spoon and said,
“Trust us. I doubt anything you say could be crazy.” Myra gave him a slightly shocked look. How had he known?…She sighed.
“Okay…um. Well…I went downstairs and saw a hole in my wall and walked through it. After I got inside a wall or something closed behind me, so I was alone with August. I walked along until my flashlight went out and Neil found me.” She stated lamely. There was a silence for a moment then Devon shrugged,
“I’ve heard stranger.” He sat down next to the fire eating some soup too.

Myra laughed weakly and started on her soup
“Wow…This is really good. Who made this?” Neil rubbed his neck then raised his hand,
“Guilty. Devon helped though.” Myra smiled brightly,
“It’s really good thank you!” Neil handed a bowl of chicken to August and the dog chowed down happily.
Chapters:   « Previous 1 2 3 4 Next »

This book has 3 comments. Post your own now!

CurlyGirl17 said...
Hey it's me again! I just wanted to let you know I posted the rest of my story and was hoping you'd give me some feedback on the rest. Your last comment was really helpful! :)

CurlyGirl17 said...
This is good so far! It caught my eye because I used the same picture for my book and I also have a one-word 'm' title, Metalligirl. I like this idea; it's really interesting. I'd appreciate it if you checked out the first chapter of my story and left a comment; you do a good job with writing! :)

munchkincora replied...
Thank you for taking the time and reading my book! :) And I'll go look at your stuff to.