Finnick Odair "All in the Lust of a Trident"

Chapters:   « Previous 1 ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 ... 14 Next »

Tribute Parade

Her costume looks like mine except she has a shell bikini top, I’ve seen one on Rescele before. It shows off how skinny she is and quite frankly how cute she is. Her long golden hair flows over her shoulders. She’s crying again. I hop up on the chariot the best I can with a tail. Mags and Clara meet us.

“This is gonna sound odd, but I need you to listen,” she says as serious as she can get at 24. “We are giving you a trident to use in your costume,” she points to me. We are draping you with pearls,” she points to Pepper.

My prep team hands me a gold, jewel encrusted trident. Pepper’s team has about a ton of pearls that they drape over her body and twist around her head. I admire the trident as Mags takes my hand joining it with Peppers.

“Hold um high!” she says giving a gaped toothed smile.

Pepper starts to cry and I wrap her in a one armed hug. Her sniffles start to shorten and the chariot starts moving. I let go of her and grab the trident again. We exit the building and start our 20 minute trek down the avenue. I see people screaming. I’m gonna win a ton of sponsors here. I give about a dozen women a million smiles, and winks. I think of just giving up, but I need to get sponsors so I can go home to my father and Rescele. Without thinking I pull our hands high in the air. Pepper immediately looks up and holds the pearls in her hands. I thrust the trident into the air and the crowd goes wild.

“Look at the District four tributes! They are so talented and that District four male, Finnick Odair, the glint in his eyes, definitely one to look out for in the arena!” Caesar’s voice echoes. My thoughts trail off.

“Thank you tributes and May the Odds be Ever in Your Favor” Snow says departing the balcony. We are led into another building where Ill finally be able to sleep.