Finnick Odair "All in the Lust of a Trident"

Chapters:   « Previous 1 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... 14 Next »

The Remake Center

Mags pushes me out and I almost fall flat on my face. One of the Capitol women break my fall though. I stand back up and wink at her. I take her hand and give it a soft kiss.

"Thank you" I say with the most seductive purr I can get to at fourteen. She giggles. I look back at Mags.

Sponsor Number one! I scream in my head. She leads me into the remake center and leaves me in the hands of three pale skinned girls with gold tattoos.

"Oh! We can definitely work with you!" one of them squeals.

I let the words hit me and then I strike a ridiculous pose and give them each a smile. They start to smile and wave at me. Then an older man, with orange skin and purple hair comes in, his beard is pink. Another fashion failure. Not that it matters. I don’t pay attention anyway.

"Let’s get you cleaned up. Yes?" he asks me. I don’t respond and the triplets (that’s what I call the girls) attack me with their hands stripping me naked. They drape a green robe over me, push me into the bathroom and start the water. They leave and I take off the robe and get in. I close my eyes and let the water soothe me. These showers are weird. They don’t have freshwater, you would assume so, I mean District four has freshwater showers. It’s saltwater. The shower shuts off as I hit the side of the shower.

I’m really homesick. I step out and the triplets pour in draping a deep blue robe over me.

"What’s with the saltwater?" I ask. They giggle.

"Rast wants you to smell like the sea" they say in unison.

I nod and think; well you made me miss my family and my father, most of all Rescele. They laugh more and more until they lead me to the man I talked to earlier.

“Hello my name is Rast" he holds out his hand for me to shake.

"The names Finnick, Finnick Odair" I shake his hand.

He doesn’t look too pleased to my stylist. He pulls my robe off me, circling me like a shark. "District four..." he mumbles to himself. I look at him and he looks me straight in the eyes as my father would, but instead of finding my father’s sea-green eyes staring back at me, another color occupies them, more of a brown.

“Grenia told me something that the female tribute told her, something about a sea-star? Yes” He pulls the robe back over me again and goes over to a closet. He looks at me with a smile. “Well that’s not going to happen, we have a very impressive costume for you” he says sending a smirk my way.

I wander what he’s going to do with me. Then he pulls out a fish tail. Great, Mer-man. I can see Foster laughing now. He hands me a pair of boxers that looks as if it has the same golden scales the tail has. I pull them on.

“Lipha, Triy, Callie get in here!” The triplets rush in. They giggle as they put me in the tail. I sit down and they start to mess with my face. When their done, I have a ton of make-up on so I look like a man of the sea. They’ve spiked my hair up so the normal dark bronze it usually is looks lighter.

They lead me to the Chariot.