Don't Ask, Wouldn't Lie

Author's note: Please comment!
Author's note: Please comment!  « Hide author's note
Chapters:   « Previous 1 2 3 4

Who Are You

You know how weird it is to have someone crying over you as they bring you supposedly dead body out to a van waiting outside? It’s weird. Really weird.
My head rolled to one side and Brianna's crying intensified. “So young.....” she said through her tears.
I heard the van door slide open and my body pushed inside. Brianna climbed in after me, still crying. Once the door shut though, she stopped crying. “Oh good that’s over. Not that I’d be sad that you’d be dead Hannah, but gods, that was a lot of tears.”
I opened my eyes and struggled to sit up. Propping my head up against a wall, I looked around. To my left say a row of four computers with chairs to complete it. Brianna sat in one of those chairs now, fixing her makeup and drinking coffee. To her right sat a man with brown hair and glasses. He gave me a little wave. “Good to see the zombie’s up and about.” He laughed at his own lame joke.
Next to him sat a guy a little older than me with blonde hair and tan skin. His hair was short and his eyes were a sky blue. He gave me a grin and came across the car and swept me into a giant hug. “Hey sis. Long time no see, eh?”
I took a closer look. “George?” I asked in disbelief.
He winked. “Actually it’s Luke but close enough.” I laughed and he gave me another squeeze. “How was it?” He mumbled into my ear.
“It was fine.” I whispered into his.
“Mom and dad would have been proud of you.”
Proud? I just died. I just promised to go to a school where I would learn how to kill a grown man. Proud wasn’t exactly the word I was thinking.
I stepped back. “So why’d you change?” I asked. My voice sounded clear and strong, nothing like I was feeling.
George – I mean Luke – shrugged. “Mike figured we couldn’t have two dead bodies in one van.” He nodded towards the guy with the glasses.
Mike nodded, still looking at the computer screen. “Yeah. It was hard enough to kill you two. We couldn’t risk your brother looking like he used to. So Ron and I gave him a makeover. Ron’s driving the car right now.” As he said it, the car gave a little jerk and started to move. Luke grabbed my hand and pulled me into a spare chair.
I looked at Luke’s sandy, short, blonde hair and blue eyes. He wasn’t George. George had brown, long hair, and brown eyes. Wait eyes? You can’t change eye color.
“Mike –” I started.
“Color contacts.” He said not looking up.
I glanced at Luke. He shrugged and said, “You’ll get used to it.”
I gave an involuntary grin. “I guess I have to.”
Chapters:   « Previous 1 2 3 4

This book has 5 comments. Post your own now!

MissEmilyDickinsonThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Nov. 5 at 1:16 pm
Oh, I absolutely love this! :) I love spy books or novels, and I think your idea and concept is awesome. :) I hope you do continue it, and if you do - I look forward to reading it with excitement. :) Thank you so much, my friend! For sharing this! :)

coralminded said...
Apr. 30, 2013 at 4:22 am
OWAIGHOEI WOAHHH!! loved this!! this is exactly the kind of story i wanted to read! but...its only 2 chapters? and the last comment was in september 2012...ummm...but its super good! and i want more! and it def reminds me of gallagher girl series which i adore!! please write more! 

HarryPotterLover30 said...
OOOOOH! WRITE. MORE. NOW.................................. PLEEEAAAAAASSSSSSSE??????????

shootingstar97 replied...
Thank you so much! I worte this story about a year ago and I'm going through and editing it a bunch but I will try to put more on here as soon as I can! And again, thank you SO SO SO much for commenting! It means a bunch to me. :)

HarryPotterLover30 replied...
Sept. 21, 2012 at 10:19 am
You are very welcome. It actually reminds me a bit of the Gallager Girls series, really.......... so it got me completely hooked. I NEED M<ORE!!!!! :)