Perseverance | Teen Ink

Perseverance

April 25, 2018
By Angeles2003 SILVER, Eminence, Kentucky
Angeles2003 SILVER, Eminence, Kentucky
8 articles 0 photos 1 comment

“There will be obstacles. There will be doubter. There will be mistakes. But with hard work, there are no limits.” This is a greatest way to describe perseverance. To persevere in life the key is to have courage, determination and patience. In order to overcome all of the obstacles that will come, persistence is key.  As you carry on these traits with you, you’ll learn how to achieve any goal that you want to reach.

 

Determination. In order to persevere you have to have determination to reach a goal that you have for yourself. It could be one distant in the future or a small personal goal. I relate to the determination of having a future to not be stuck in a small town working at a McDonald’s, I want to be someone that helps others. To reach this goal I have to have good grades and have extracurricular activities to help me get into a good college. Keeping a balance with my home life and my school life can be difficult and stressful. When I’m at home I have to help my mom with little siblings, which can be a handful sometimes. Making sure they are fed, homework done, my homework is done and then chores also have to checked off the list, sometimes I don’t do all the things I have to do so i’m stuck staying up all night finishing stuff up. This type of determination will get you somewhere, with any goal you have for yourself, to do the things you need to do to reach it.

 

Courage is one word I think of when I hear the word, “Perseverance.” Everyone has had a moment of courage. Whether if it’s facing your fear of heights by riding a rollercoaster, or it could be a moment that you finally escaped your bad habits and being courageous enough to start a new chapter of your life. For me, my moment courage was telling my family a big secret of mine that I didn’t think they would ever find out. I kept this secret for awhile now and it started when I told my closest friends. They were supportive of me in every way possible, they made me feel like nothing has changed in my life and that I’m the same Angel that they’ve known since our time together. Feeling this way I worked up the nerve to tell my family my secret.

 

Patience is another word that pops into my head when I think of perseverance, because you have to be patient to deal with the people around you or if you want something in life and I’ll tell you why. In life there is always going to be someone whether it’s a stranger or yourself, saying you’ll never make it that you can’t do it. Be patient with those people because sometimes it takes time to accept greatness or to accept that things are possible even if they don’t want to believe it.  Be patient with the things you want in life because most of the time it’s not going to go as smoothly as you want. Something is always going to get in the way. For example, when I was working on this project for Mrs. Holders class, my goal was to get as many books as possible to give to the kindergarten classes but things came up. We were waiting on responses from companies for the longest time which messed up our schedule of when things needed to be done. We then had to talk to the teachers to figure out when, where and how we’re going to be having the book selection but there was never a good time that worked for my partner or there wasn’t any time that the teachers were all together. It wasn't’ till the end that we got things figured out. Guess what. If it wasn’t for my patience of mishaps and communication problems I would never have seen the faces of the students when they were so excited to see receive the books.


Now you know that in order to persevere you’ll need to be brave, committed to your goals and tolerant, so that you’ll be able to overcome any bumps that will make reaching your goal difficult. Just ask yourself, “What am I going to do to persevere?”