Don't trust the vending machines | Teen Ink

Don't trust the vending machines

By Justsomeguy26 BRONZE, Mukwonago, Wisconsin
Justsomeguy26 BRONZE, Mukwonago, Wisconsin

If you have recently used the vending machines at Parkview middle, you may have lost money to one.

On monday, September 4th, 2017, a student at Parkview attempted to purchase an Orange Fanta from a vending machine near the gymnasium, which is only $2, but when he pressed the button for the drink, the machine only gave him back one of his dollars. The student then proceeded to repeatedly put the dollar back in and get his drink, getting more frustrated on each attempt. On the 5th attempt the student gave up and stormed out of the building to the buses. What made the student even more upset was the fact that at the end of the day, the vending machine directly beside it automatically shuts down, so even if the student had gotten his dollar back, he couldn’t order a different drink. We want to make sure you know this because as a student, you don’t have a job and probably do not have a lot of money, so you should keep everything you can get.

A few students commented on the issue. “It’s horrible that the vending machine is stealing money.”, “That sucks”, “It annoying that this is happening.” The status on whether or not the vending machine is fixed is currently unknown. Make sure you confirm that a vending machine is broken before you attempt to purchase anything from it. And make sure you handle your money well.

This was inspired by me having my money stolen.